• Advertisement

Reply to topic  [ 7096 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 174, 175, 176, 177, 178
Discussion: Video Games 

Post Re: Discussion: Video Games
And from what I've read it will be an actually playable, polished game this time.

Wanderer Wrote:
You don't need a job, you need money.

Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:45 am
Game Master

Location: It's actually kinda weird being back in Halifax after being gone so long...
I dunno...
Half life 3 finally materializing is more likely than a VTM game living up to expectations...
it's probably going to drop the ball on something.

Characters

Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:27 pm

So, now that the Best Buy leaks have made it practically official that Persona 5R is coming to Switch, I was wondering who else was going to pick it up. I’m certain going to, because while I have never played it before, this game is easily in my top five of video game soundtracks, with songs like Last Surpise, Blooming Villain, and Rivers in the Desert being among my favorite songs ever.

Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:31 pm

It'd mean I'd finally get to play it, at least. Makes sense, considering Joker is coming to Smash, and Persona Q2 is still a couple months away.

Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:06 am
Profile WWW

Despite what some people think, I don't think the female from the P5R trailer will appear in Smash. If April 24th is actually a surprise release date it might be possible, but I believe it was said that P5R is going to be the project that Atlus works on after PQ2.

Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:37 pm

Zesortinge Wrote:
Despite what some people think, I don't think the female from the P5R trailer will appear in Smash. If April 24th is actually a surprise release date it might be possible, but I believe it was said that P5R is going to be the project that Atlus works on after PQ2.

Supposedly the same leaked files that refer to Joker as “Jack” also referred to a “Jane” so it is possible.

Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:28 pm
Game Master

Location: It's actually kinda weird being back in Halifax after being gone so long...
so you know how people will upload videos to youtube with a work's complete soundtrack as one continuous video?

How badly do you think you tube would break if someone did that with smash bros ultimate's soundtrack? it's 26 hours long... (i don't mean the playback breaking, i mean the uploader. I've heard that it struggles with 10-hour mixes...)

Characters

Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:22 pm

I think that anybody that tried to do that would end up destroying YouTube and getting banned from what remains of the site. :lol:

Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:09 am

The Smash 3.0 update. Does anyone care or excited about it?

I personally don’t really care. I bought the pass and will play but again fighting games are not my thing. I’m not good at them. I’m frustrated by the overwhelming popularity of it and even the tiniest bit of news dominates Twitter. I wish there was this kind of enthusiasm for racing games. The only interest I see is for Sonic Team racing but only for the sonic part not the racing part. I hope whenever MARIO Kart 9 (or whatever they call it) comes out people will be just as enthusiastic as Ultimate but I know they won’t because Smash Bros has this almost inflated value due to those videos and character crossover.

Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:59 pm
Profile WWW

I think one of the reasons it has gotten so popular is because they are able to use third party characters from other games once they get permission and that excites people. Me? I ended up growing out of video games after Brawl came out so I really don't care either which way. I will say I am trying to get that interest back. I watch Super Mario 64 hacks all the time on YouTube.

Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:36 pm

I love it. I can have Kirby hold a gun now. It’s so wonderfully surreal.

Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:27 pm

I love the smash stuff, but I’m just documenting it here, this download is awful. What a time for Nintendo to decide doing a maintenance check that takes the eshop down when you need it to download Joker

Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:52 pm

People love crossovers. Smash is still the biggest on getting so many different worlds together for a game. Heck, I usually love crossovers in other games; Link, Darth Vader, Yoda, and Starkiller in Soul Calibur, Akuma in Tekken (hadn't even heard of Gon until Tekken, so I can't consider that one personally), Ryu and the Justice League in Power Rangers, I wanted to get Dead or Alive 4 to be able to play as a Spartan, even if it wasn't Master Chief, the Capcom Vs. series is usually a lot of fun.

Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:14 am
Profile WWW

Too bad Nintendo can’t come out with a different style of crossover game. Like a action adventure platformer featuring different characters. Something like World of Light only with an actual plot and world where you have to do all kinds of odd things. Brawl’s story mode was really good.

Nintendo has done minor crossovers in the past like Mario and Luigi Paper Jam, Hyrule Warriors, Fire Emblem Warriors, and Mario and Rabbids. It would be nice to have a game where the characters did Something beyond beating each other up. But I guess with such a huge roster it would be hard to create a game that could formally utilize there abilities. But you could make a RPG where you form a party that fights monsters. There are options.

Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:32 am
Profile WWW

Link and Samus almost made it into the Wii version of Marvel Ultimate Alliance. It would be interesting if something like that were done, but with all game characters.

And I agree, Subspace was great.

Fighting game crossovers are probably the easiest to make. Just make sure as much works as possible, and there you go.

Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:35 am
Profile WWW
Game Master

crossing over different spinoffs of the same series doesn't run into the mechanical comparability or logistical problems of a true crossover though, nor does it reap any of the benefits of one, as there's no 2nd series, and by extension no second fanbase to tap.

Characters

Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 7096 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 174, 175, 176, 177, 178