Reply to topic  [ 6837 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 167, 168, 169, 170, 171
Discussion: Video Games 

Post Re: Discussion: Video Games
WOLF IS GONNA BE BACK IN SMASH. MAH BOI.

Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:05 am

I just realized something regarding the new Smash Bros game. Early next year is Smash's 20th anniversary, so having every single character in Ultimate make perfect sense.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:06 pm
Bringing Foxy Back

I'm also super excited they're doing the website again. Dojo was one of the highlights of my day when Brawl was coming out.

Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:48 pm
Profile WWW

Saturn381 Wrote:
I just realized something regarding the new Smash Bros game. Early next year is Smash's 20th anniversary, so having every single character in Ultimate make perfect sense.

Well, something else, the fact that the "selecting character" menu have the original characters from the first smash bros is a really good detail.

Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:32 pm
Bringing Foxy Back

I wish it was just 8 instead of 12 to start with, though. That'd be really cool.

Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:39 am
Profile WWW

I'm planing on getting it myself. feels like the only thign i want on my switch at this point <3

but nothing b eats that Resident Evil 2 remake. Good lord does that look beautiful. (And gory :3)

Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:18 am

Getting back into playing Terraria with a couple mods. Lots of new enemies, weapons, and mechanics really make the early game more dangerous, which really brings me back to the early days when I was actually scared to go out at night and had to play super careful so I wouldn't die. Makes the game seem almost new again. :3

Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:33 am

KJOokami Wrote:
Getting back into playing Terraria with a couple mods. Lots of new enemies, weapons, and mechanics really make the early game more dangerous, which really brings me back to the early days when I was actually scared to go out at night and had to play super careful so I wouldn't die. Makes the game seem almost new again. :3

Terraria is probably one of the top games I've ever played :D, I haven't tried it modded though.

Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:36 am

Same. It is far and away my most played game on Steam. :D Have like 350-ish hours on it, most of which I clocked back around the time it first came out. Then I came back for a little bit after the huge patch that added end-game stuff, and now I'm coming back again.

I'm currently using the Terraria Overhaul and Calamity mods. I usually don't mess with mods cause I get confused super easily if they don't explain step-by-step how to get it working, but I was able to find a post that walked me through the installation and I've been enjoying them so far.

Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:14 pm

That's cool, I haven't completely finished the game, but I once I do I'll have to try out some mods.

Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:52 pm
Bringing Foxy Back

KJOokami Wrote:
Sharing that feeling with my friends was super fun. We had an amazing time with the original Terraria, and they're memories I really cherish. :3

Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:17 pm
Profile WWW

Sleet Wrote:
Sharing that feeling with my friends was super fun. We had an amazing time with the original Terraria, and they're memories I really cherish. :3

Unfortunately, I didn't have anybody to play it with, but it was definitely a time I cherished. I always love a game that can make me feel like a true explorer, and Terraria did that for me. The progression of building a tiny, barely functional shack just to keep from dying to zombies at night, exploring the surface until you find a corrupted area and realize you can't mine anything there and the enemies are too strong to fight reliably, digging down below your shack to find some basic minerals so you can survive deeper treks to get better gear and eventually return to the corruption, finding your first grappling hook and having your movement options suddenly open up in a million new directions... just so many different spikes in power and mobility that gradually open up the game world in an organic way really makes it feel like you're adventuring and discovering new things all the time.

God, I could gush about this game forever. I'm sorry. :lol:

Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:06 am

KJOokami Wrote:
Sleet Wrote:

Unfortunately, I didn't have anybody to play it with, but it was definitely a time I cherished.

Same, I have zero friends or anyone to play it with :/

KJOokami Wrote:
I always love a game that can make me feel like a true explorer, and Terraria did that for me. The progression of building a tiny, barely functional shack just to keep from dying to zombies at night, exploring the surface until you find a corrupted area and realize you can't mine anything there and the enemies are too strong to fight reliably, digging down below your shack to find some basic minerals so you can survive deeper treks to get better gear and eventually return to the corruption, finding your first grappling hook and having your movement options suddenly open up in a million new directions... just so many different spikes in power and mobility that gradually open up the game world in an organic way really makes it feel like you're adventuring and discovering new things all the time.

Your description makes me want to play through the game again :lol:

Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:53 am
Bringing Foxy Back

KJOokami Wrote:
Sleet Wrote:

Unfortunately, I didn't have anybody to play it with, but it was definitely a time I cherished. I always love a game that can make me feel like a true explorer, and Terraria did that for me. The progression of building a tiny, barely functional shack just to keep from dying to zombies at night, exploring the surface until you find a corrupted area and realize you can't mine anything there and the enemies are too strong to fight reliably, digging down below your shack to find some basic minerals so you can survive deeper treks to get better gear and eventually return to the corruption, finding your first grappling hook and having your movement options suddenly open up in a million new directions... just so many different spikes in power and mobility that gradually open up the game world in an organic way really makes it feel like you're adventuring and discovering new things all the time.

God, I could gush about this game forever. I'm sorry. :lol:
It was pretty great! It's the kind of game where the "endgame" isn't really attractive. Though getting there is awesome.

Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:45 am
Profile WWW
Game Master

my experience with that game was more the arduous task of mob-proofing the entire planet so i could build in peace. personally i prefer starbound. the enemy spam is no where near as annoying.

Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:16 am

Buster Wrote:
my experience with that game was more the arduous task of mob-proofing the entire planet so i could build in peace. personally i prefer starbound. the enemy spam is no where near as annoying.

Really? Huh. In my experience, there's not really much in terms of enemies to stop you from building in the base game. Maybe for the first few nights the eyes could be a nuisance, since they fly, but after you get a little armor and a decent weapon they become pretty negligible. And everything else can be blocked by a 5 or 6 block high wall on either side of your building area.

Still, though, I will admit that if building is your only goal, Terraria is probably not for you. Unlike Minecraft, the focus is really more on exploring the world, improving your gear, and trying to make it to the endgame. There are much better games for pure building.

Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:53 pm
Game Master

you would be correct in assuming that in those types of games i don't want to do anything but build. having to stop every time i get too deep or it gets dark and start mob proofing is a pain, especially since needing to be an enclosed space with proper walls and lighting its a lot more involved than just slapping down a bazillion torches ala minecraft.

starbound mobs are a lot dumber and squishier outside the mission areas so you can basically ignore them, and their activity level is based on planet type not time of day.

Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:34 pm
Bringing Foxy Back

You could also play with friends! In my circle we had people who liked to explore, people who liked to build, etc.

Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:02 pm
Profile WWW

I'm excited that Sakurai not only has put Ridley in Smash, but has his Meta Ridley skin from the original Prime Trilogy in it as well. A very challenging late game boss! :D

Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:37 pm
Profile WWW

A while ago, the app game, Power Rangers Legacy Wars had a crossover update. It's now going all the way.

New character was added in for the crossover, too.

Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:44 pm
Profile WWW
Game Master

that is the kind of awesome stupid that makes for games that are either ridiculously great, or the worst thing the industry put out that year. there is no middle ground.

Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:49 pm

Power Rangers has previously crossed over with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Justice League. What's one more left-field crossover? At least I think that the Ryu Ranger has a cool design.

Frankly, considering the aforementioned crossovers, surprised that the Rangers didn't show up in Injustice. :roll:

Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:52 pm
Profile WWW

New Smash Direct is out. I swear every time more information about the Smash Bros. gets released, it gets better and better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-kQWJrjRV4

Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:38 pm
Bringing Foxy Back

Oh my gosh I am so excited for that game. I love the steady trickle of SSBU information. It reminds me of all the hype for SSBB. SSB4 never really had all the hype a SSB game deserved, so it's good to be back!

Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:26 am
Profile WWW

Saturn381 Wrote:
New Smash Direct is out. I swear every time more information about the Smash Bros. gets released, it gets better and better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-kQWJrjRV4

See castlevania crossover with ssb: Hype

Chrom and dark samus as echo characters: Super hype

900 Themes and 300 scenaries ( great english xd) : MEGA HYPE.

King K roll as playable character: JUST SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY SAKURAI!!!

Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:58 am

The more I hear about the new Smash, the more excited I am for it. They are giving you so many options for so many different aspects of the game that they never had in previous iterations, and I am 100% here for it. Options to set up mid-game stage shifts? Sure! Options to customize which music tracks play on which stages? Definitely! Options to turn off stage hazards? Oh my god, yes!

It seems like literally everything they are doing for this game is maximizing the number of ways you can micro-manage your game to suit any group of people you play with, and it's incredible. Tons of characters, tons of stages, a massive library of music, and a slew of new ways to customize individual matches. This is shaping up to be the best game in the series, and that is truly high praise.

Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:12 am

Only problem I have with it is that apparently Final Fantasy is only getting two music tracks. You have no idea how badly I wanted a smashified version of J.E.N.O.V.A. or the soldier battle theme from Crisis Core.

Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:25 am

Here's a question. With the whole echo fighter concept being a thing in Smash Ultimate, are there characters that you can definitely see be one? For me, the ones I can definitely see are Dixie King for Diddie, Zack for Cloud, Ken for Ryu, an Octoling for the Inklings, and either Shadow or Metal Sonic for Sonic.

Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:30 pm
Bringing Foxy Back

Meta Ridley?

Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:00 am
Profile WWW

Sleet Wrote:
Meta Ridley?

No, he’s an alternate skin for normal Ridley. Side note, if Dark Samus’ alts don’t pay homage to either the hunter trio from Prime 3, or the SA-X, I will be so nettled.

Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:48 am
Game Master

DS is started out as an expy of SA-X though, so it's kinda hard not to.

Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:33 am

Anyone else here play Fortnite? I decided to try it out after upgrading the sd card for my Switch, and I’ve been loving it. Even got the season pass, since that Kitsune mask in the Drift costume was impossible to pass up on.

Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:25 am

Fortnite is another game I'd probably be playing a decent amount of if my connection wasn't so poor. I played it a little bit, and I really enjoy the concept and art style, but online games just don't work for me. Lag makes it basically unplayable.

Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:59 am

I play it at times, but these days it's reserved for World of Warcraft. Loving this expansion so far. Add me as GameCobra and i'll tag along when we get the chance :3

Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:20 am

GameCobra Wrote:
I play it at times, but these days it's reserved for World of Warcraft. Loving this expansion so far. Add me as GameCobra and i'll tag along when we get the chance :3

I would tag along with you.....but i dont want to get addictec :lol:

If you have more online games i do can play with you.

Btw, the lag make impossible to win in fortnite.
I actually win ONE SINGLE TIME, and only because i was in squad and the whole squad were pro players. :lol:

Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:16 am

I got Armello on Switch the other day. I'm not the greatest of strategists, thought, but it's neat nonetheless.

Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:15 am
Profile WWW

GameCobra Wrote:

I haven't had the money to play WoW recently, but I'd love to get back into it. Maybe once I get my next paycheck I'll have enough leeway to start back up. If not with the new expansion, at least boot my account back up so I can keep leveling alts until I've got more money to drop on getting BFA. What race/class do you main?

Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 6837 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 167, 168, 169, 170, 171