2018/01/24 - Rescue Me

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
TheOne
Location: Trapped in the center of the Galaxy. Need a starship to get out!

Re: 2018/01/24 - Rescue Me

Post by TheOne »

CHAOKOCartoons wrote:And we now turn to the "Is Keene gonna actually save him?" discussion piece, the actually important discussion piece here :lol:

I'm banking on no, I'd honestly rather him not somehow hero his way through this. I don't even see a way he can succeed, I feel like it's gonna end up being a scenario where he tries his best and proves to Breel he actually cares (thought that counts eh?) but then get saved by Kitsune or Bahamut. Nice lesson, also a bit more realistic of an outcome and could make for a silly bit or two.
*Everyone else gets their tails handed to them.*
*Thomas walks in, confused.*

The Forgotten: You're a camel! I've always wanted to be a camel! Can I be a camel?

Thomas: I'm not supposed to be a camel. Make me human again, and you can have my camel form.

The Forgotten: Deal!

*Poof!*

*Everyone wakes up.*

Everyone (in their beds): What? Just? Happened?
Dag nabbed petty annoyances...
Argent

Post by Argent »

Oh, while we're being silly...

Kitsune snaps his fingers and they're back in the cafeteria in Australia.

"Whoops, that didn't work out... do you want to pick again Joel?"
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
TeflonCougar

Post by TeflonCougar »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Argent wrote:They've got a weretiger, two witches, two black cats (and a purple one), three spirits from heaven, a barbarian, a Star Trek officer, and a couple of wizards. Piece of cake.
One Black Cat appears to have changed places with Keene - so, possibly, is in the Ferrets bed - and the Star Trek Lieutenant 'Dallas' Barkley was sent home by Qarishad.
Barclay was never good at following orders and it is a common Star Trek trope to pull the solution out of your butt in the last minutes. Dallas could still return, leading Sophia and Thomas (still a camel) with a spell scroll or artifact from the vault.

Likely not.
MX682XM

Post by MX682XM »

Kitsune isn't timelocked like Pete and Dragon were in the game, so he knows how this ends. If he don't intefere it is either because it will be a happy end or because he will reset everything after the people learned their lesson. And ihe cares about mortals, as Rick showed in the short way strip and fhe Nerd Team.
ImageImage
TeflonCougar

Post by TeflonCougar »

MX682XM wrote:Kitsune isn't timelocked like Pete and Dragon were in the game, so he knows how this ends. If he don't intefere it is either because it will be a happy end or because he will reset everything after the people learned their lesson. And ihe cares about mortals, as Rick showed in the short way strip and fhe Nerd Team.
I've been wondering about that. When Pete was given a substantial prison sentence he poofed out in one panel and poofed back in the next. He was on about non-linear time or some such thing. Now, I think it was due to the prison being in a different dimension than the court so he could return to where he left. Unless the Miltons dug a pit 100 levels deep to set the temple in, then it to is the entrance to another dimension, likely enclosed just to itself. So, Pete can live out his mortal life, die back to a Celestial, and non-linear himself back into his own temple, where one can assume he rules supreme.

You can't torment the mortals if you let them all die.

And I am definitely over-thinking this, but I think it is a fun theory.
MX682XM

Post by MX682XM »

TeflonCougar wrote:
MX682XM wrote:Kitsune isn't timelocked like Pete and Dragon were in the game, so he knows how this ends. If he don't intefere it is either because it will be a happy end or because he will reset everything after the people learned their lesson. And ihe cares about mortals, as Rick showed in the short way strip and fhe Nerd Team.
I've been wondering about that. When Pete was given a substantial prison sentence he poofed out in one panel and poofed back in the next. He was on about non-linear time or some such thing. Now, I think it was due to the prison being in a different dimension than the court so he could return to where he left. Unless the Miltons dug a pit 100 levels deep to set the temple in, then it to is the entrance to another dimension, likely enclosed just to itself. So, Pete can live out his mortal life, die back to a Celestial, and non-linear himself back into his own temple, where one can assume he rules supreme.

You can't torment the mortals if you let them all die.

And I am definitely over-thinking this, but I think it is a fun theory.
As far as I understand in the scene he was being poofed away, it was done by Bahamut. Since celestials experience time as slow and as fast as they like, he sit up his penalty in seconds of the mortal time and got poofed back.
At the end of U&U Kitsune explained, that they spend 60 years in a mortal body. They are time & space locked now. And assuming the time in the HP universe goes as fast as in reality, they stay locked, since I doubt Rick will continue the comic for another 57 years.
On the other hand it was never said something about Demigods traveling in time. Or does 'omnipresent' cover this?
ImageImage
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

I thought it was a life no shorter than 3 years.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
jonas

Post by jonas »

He's been to Heaven, he's about to go to Hell...so after this, all Keene has to do is travel through time and prank Death, and then he can unlock the Bill and Ted achievement.

Excellent.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Why would he want to prank Cerberus? They're a nice person. :P
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!