Reply to topic  [ 2620 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61 ... 66  Next
Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 3710
Images: 2
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Understood. anything else before we head out?"

[Files received]
[Checking hash table integrity...]
[Running decryption sequence...]
[Checking for malicious code...]
[Sensor profile constructed.]
>Ready on this end. I can tag his face from any distance unobstructed line of sight can be maintained, but if he starts getting evasive or using cover i'll need to stay within 25m to maintain sensor lock.

_________________
Of course. Consider the Rangers destroyed.
Characters


Sun May 13, 2018 3:02 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2075
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Legotron123 Wrote:
”I wouldn’t mind joining the Champions on a temporary basis, just to make some money until the Steelhaven is ready.” Liz said after a moment of thought. ”It’d be nice to get some experience using my new powers in interesting ways.”
”If the Captain’s joining, I’m joining. I go where she goes.” Lewis said, ready to follow his mother wherever she went.


"Fair enough." Hivemind said to the three of them. "Champions carry out jobs individually and get paid for each case individually. Payment ranges depending on the risk and importance. Usually individual jobs are at minimum one to two thousand credits a piece. Though we recently had a newer team accomplish a two million credit job because the stakes were raised in the middle of a smaller job. I will try not to give anything that goes beyond your skills, but things often come up unexpectedly."

Buster Wrote:
"Understood. anything else before we head out?"

-----------------------------

[Files received]
[Checking hash table integrity...]
[Running decryption sequence...]
[Checking for malicious code...]
[Sensor profile constructed.]
>Ready on this end. I can tag his face from any distance unobstructed line of sight can be maintained, but if he starts getting evasive or using cover i'll need to stay within 25m to maintain sensor lock.


"A couple of things. One, things are still a mess down there. I've got a whole city to clean up. I hope your sense of smell isn't particularly strong. Second, the reason the Risen have their own city is so that I can keep better track of any side effects that result from the resurrection procedure. We had one that gained the ability to raise an army of corpses. I don't know if this particular person has developed any abilities. Keep sharp. Expect the unexpected." He said. "Alright. If you're ready, follow me and we'll head down to the Necropolis now. You'll need my clearance to enter." He got up and headed for the door.

-----------------------------

~\Rook/~ Wrote:
Rika waited for the Ibis to land at the LZ as she listened to her comm. "Broken nose, that it? Hm, I was wrong.." She said to no-one in particular, continuing to read her tablet.


The Ibis landed in Hannabelle's back yard. It was a fairly tight fit, but it had just enough space. The doors opened. "Is there anything you need to do to set up, Rika?" Hivemind asked through the Ibis's comm system.

-----------------------------

Hlaoroo Wrote:
There's a brief moment of silence.
"Nae, there's nothin' else. Thanks again." Once the droid is gone the two dogs take their places on the couch again, each lost in their own thoughts.

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Sarah hopped up to escort Hive to the door and spoke after the boys. "Thanks fer all ye've done, big fella," she said, offering a handpaw. "All 'preciated."


"If you need anything, just stick your head out a window and call for me. I'll hear you." He said before exiting the house.

-----------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Corvis looked confused and put a claw-tip to his teeth. "What's a Cochertian," he asked, receiving a cuff from his brother for his troubles.
"He is, ya doofus," the slightly older cub remarked, causing a small scuffle to break out that their father had to sort out.
"NOW they fight," Jenevive remarked, raising her eyes to the sky. "Get over here, you three!
And stop fighting! People are trying to save us!
" She looked to the rescuers. "Sorry about that, they have my Mothers' genes..." The 'squad' assembled around the Kitsune and Corvis found himself fascinated by the legs.


"You think that's bad? You should have seen her as a kid." The Lycan replied to Jenevive, earning an "I heard that." from Eira. Randy snickered.

"Dad and I will run ahead to the house. The dropship should already be there. Our medic will treat any injuries you have when you arrive." With that, Randy and Eira vanished into the fog, which cleared once the Ice-Wolf causing it had left the area.

-----------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Not leaving any for me, Hive," Hannabelle sighed, then grinned. ""I wasn't going to kill any, you know? They might have information for us. I'll be the back up," she added.


"Sticks and stones may break their bones but you aren't allowed to have either." Hivemind said, putting a twist on the common rhyme. "You aren't to engage anyone."

- - - - -

~\Rook/~ Wrote:
Traci had been holding back, sticking to the thicker parts of the woods yet keeping up with the group. Once Hive gave the order she waited for the others to be ready, then she sprung out the forest by pushing off a tree with enough speed to not harm them straight for the two hunters on the left side of the group tackling them to the ground into the forest on the other side. They yelped a little as they were struck, but the sheer speed of the attack made them breathless and the impact with the ground would make them unconscious. "Sorry.. But you kinda deserve it.." She said lowly to them, although they wouldn't be able to hear her. She then touched her comm. "Two down, get the rest!"

Deske Wrote:
Ulrich took one of the ones in the middle, grabbing the fox creature by the front of the face and subduing them with a quick introduction to the ground. He slung the Celican over his shoulder while the others took care of their targets.

Neon Icy Wings Wrote:
Tatiana rushed forward, flying quickly into her target to the right, ramming her head first into a tree, knocking them out. She let go and stepped back watching her target slump over onto the ground. She turned around and gave a thumbs up to her team.


Hivemind took his cue and picked a target. He leaped over the forest canopy, falling back down with incredible force. He landed a foot in front of his target, knocking him back and causing him to loose his balance. While the hunter was stumbling, hivemind used his boosters to spin around and catch the hunter in the side with a heavy backhand, launching the Celician through the air. The hunter hit the ground and slid face-down through the dirt.

Buster Wrote:
Kol didn't hesitate bounding forward and pouncing on one unlucky enough to be lagging behind a little, like a zergling jumping it's prey. it was hard to draw a weapon in this stance, so she didn't, the claws of her back arms instead slamming into his shoulders hard enough to make bone audibly crack as the tips of the bladed covers protruded from the other side.

"You're coming with me. Struggling will only make it hurt more." she growled into his ear as he was face down in the dirt. her claws still jammed through his shoulders, she hoisted him up by the ruined joints. Carrying him back towards Hannabelle, having wrapped her main arms around his midsection to better carry him, and keeping the grip of her upper claws tight to cut off blood circulation near the lacerations, she brought him over to the vixen and asked, "You said you had questions?"

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"I can have fun with this," Hannabelle told herself as the hunter was brought towards her. "Hive," she added, hoping he could hear her, "Back me up on this even though I'm gonna be lying. Come in to calm me down or restrain me or... You know, do what you're normally like anyhow when I draw my arm back as though to strike him. That'll sell it perfectly." Putting on a scowl, she stepped forward and let a growl escape her throat as she neared. "[color=#800080]My name," she spat at the hunter, letting her teeth glisten, "Is Death Vixen. Perhaps you've heard of me?" She put a hand close to his face, keeping it away from his teeth and stopping her claws an inch from the surface of his eyes. "Or perhaps you've heard of my family as they're the people you're hunting!" She let the dirty claws just touch the wet surface of the eyes but looked up to let Kol know she wasn't going to hurt the trapped male. She withdrew the hand and put her face almost eye to eye with his. "Guess how that makes me feel? Now, there are various ways to get you to tell me who set you on my family. Talk is one." She smiled a dangerous smile. "Pain is another. And it's the one my family would prefer I use..." She drew her arm back for the first strike...


Hivemind once again found himself smacking his own face. "Kol, I don't really think you get what "Disarming" means. You're supposed to take their weapons away and restrain them, not obliterate their arm!" Sighing, he walked over to Kol and Hannabelle. "And YOU..." He said, pointing at Hannabelle, "weren't supposed to get involved. But... Since you are already, I suppose we can interrogate him." He turned to the hunter. "I will ask you questions. You cooperate, I treat your arm. You don't, Death Vixen gets to hurt you. First question. Who hired you?"

-----------------------------

"Chris. It appears as if we no longer need to slow those hunters down. We should regroup with the Ibis. It appears as if our job is..." Something pinged on the edge of his sensors. "...Huh... Odd."

-----------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Miles," Jenny said, "Agent Jenny Miles." All of a sudden an old theme tune began in her head - Dah, dah, dumm; Dah, dah, dumm; Dah dah, dah dah dah... - and she fought to get rid of it. "Anyway, if you've got it here, Sheriff, I'd better go catch them. Keep the people out of the woods for half an hour would you please?" She offered her hand.


"Go ahead. We'll handle things here. Say hello to Hannabelle for me. I'm Officer Harkalan, by the way." The officer said.

-----------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
With a laugh, Jaken threw himself down the tube.


"Alright, June!" the droid said, setting June down. "Your turn! I'm not waterproof, so I'll just head down and wait for you to get there."

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Last edited by CyberDragon on Sun May 13, 2018 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Sun May 13, 2018 4:38 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9546
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"OK, thanks," Jenny said, activating her comms as she began to head away. "On my way, guys. Sheriff Harkalan can handle things from here." She headed towards the woods around the nearest cover.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"We were hired by E-mail," the hunter protested. "It was a government account and I don't wanna die!"
"E-mail account and passcodes would be an idea," Hannabelle commented before Jennys' voice came over the comms. "You might want to send someone back to help that girl, Hive. Harkalan's the fire chief and she knows it. Of course I can't say he DOESN'T have a brother recently took over Sheriff duties but..." she shrugged.

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Mon May 14, 2018 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.



Sun May 13, 2018 4:56 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3769
Location: The Midwest, would prefer colder though
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Chris gave MT a mental nod and was about to fly them back to the LZ when he got word of the anomaly on the scanners, "I know it's gonna sound stupid but can you "enhance" that reading?"

---------

A quiet shout echoed from the room, "Oh no she must be dead! Am I hearing you from the beyond?" He walked out of the room and into the neighboring one, only slightly feigning surprise and an overabundance of love, "Gasp! You're not dead! It must be a miracle!" He dragged over a chair and sat back into it, "So now that we've established that you're not dead, how are you actually feeling?"

---------

Denver almost choked on his drink from laughter, "Sorry. That's just kinda funny. A little interesting though. So what differences were just so radical but only just so, that it tipped you off that I wasn't from your world?"

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA


Sun May 13, 2018 5:19 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 3710
Images: 2
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
glancing back and forth between hivemind and the captive Kol just deadpans "He can't fight, he's not dead, and your language is confusing. why does the phrase mention removing arms if it means weapons? I can see claws used as a metaphor for weapons but arms?" meanwhile kol's habit of talking animatedly is causing the captive she's holding up to bob around in a somewhat silly looking but likely painful manner.

- - - - - -

Elswhere June practically dives onto the slide, rushing down it on her belly, dorsal fin sticking straight up. even at the bottom she's skimming just below the surface darting around.

_________________
Of course. Consider the Rangers destroyed.
Characters


Sun May 13, 2018 5:41 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 2961
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Kolt laughed. ”Don’t worry about it. I’ve dealt with far worse kids in my time.” He said before lifting the group off into the air. After a few minutes of flying, he touched down in the Landing Zone, and released the telekinetic grip he had on the family. ”Well, here we are. Rika over there can deal with any injuries you might have, otherwise you should probably get inside the shuttle.”
-
”Normally I’d say we have plenty of experience dealing with situations that got worse, but after everything I’ve seen today, I’m not sure I want to know how you would define “it got worse.” Probably involves giant indestructible monsters showing up in the middle of a bank robbery.” Liz said semi jokingly, not entirely sure that wouldn’t happen.

_________________
"This party never stops! Time is dead and meaning has no meaning! Existence is upside down and I reign supreme! Welcome one and all to WEIRDMAGEDDON!"


Sun May 13, 2018 9:38 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2075
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
~\Rook/~ Wrote:
CyberDragon Wrote:
They were getting close to the enemy. Very close. Hivemind could see them on his motion trackers, which had a 25 meter range. "We're there! Six enemies, straight ahead! I'll light them up on your HUDs. Traci, take the two on the left. Nice and fast, hit them before they have time to notice what's happening. Tatiana, drop the one on the right. Ulrich, Kol, pick a target in the middle and I'll take down whomever's left from above."

Traci had been holding back, sticking to the thicker parts of the woods yet keeping up with the group. Once Hive gave the order she waited for the others to be ready, then she sprung out the forest by pushing off a tree with enough speed to not harm them straight for the two hunters on the left side of the group tackling them to the ground into the forest on the other side. They yelped a little as they were struck, but the sheer speed of the attack made them breathless and the impact with the ground would make them unconscious. "Sorry.. But you kinda deserve it.." She said lowly to them, although they wouldn't be able to hear her. She then touched her comm. "Two down, get the rest!"


When Traci got back, hivemind congratulated her. "Nice work, Traci. Here. Take these." He handed Traci and Ulrich a couple of boxes of some kind of cable. "Use this to tie up our friends over there while the three of us continue the interrogation."

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"OK, thanks," Jenny said, activating her comms as she began to head away. "On my way, guys. Sheriff Harkalan can handle things from here." She headed towards the woods around the nearest cover.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"We were hired by E-mail," the hunter protested. "It was a government account and I don't wanna die!"
"E-mail account and passcodes would be an idea," Hannabelle commented before Jennys' voice came over the comms. "You might want to send someone back to help that girl, Hive. Harkalan's the fire chief and she knows it. Of course I can't say he DOESN'T have a brother recently took over Sheriff duties but..." she shrugged.


"Jenny, according to Hannabelle, Harkalan is the fire chief. She doesn't know if he has any relative that made his way to being a sheriff. Keep an eye on him for a minute. Let me know how he's acting."

With that being said, the casual and friendly way the sheriff is currently speaking with the fire chief makes it look like they know each other very well.

Buster Wrote:
glancing back and forth between hivemind and the captive Kol just deadpans "He can't fight, he's not dead, and your language is confusing. why does the phrase mention removing arms if it means weapons? I can see claws used as a metaphor for weapons but arms?" meanwhile kol's habit of talking animatedly is causing the captive she's holding up to bob around in a somewhat silly looking but likely painful manner.


"Arms is short for armaments, which means weapons. English is a weird language. Keep still, please. We don't want to rip his arm off the rest of the way." He turned back to the hunter. "Maybe be a little more specific about this email account? Like the address, or department of the government?"

---------------------------------------

Deske Wrote:
Chris gave MT a mental nod and was about to fly them back to the LZ when he got word of the anomaly on the scanners, "I know it's gonna sound stupid but can you "enhance" that reading?"


"They are at the edge of my sensors. I cannot provide much detail for identification purposes. However, I am able to say there are two contacts to the north, airborne, and six contacts on the ground to the west." MT described what he was seeing.

---------------------------------------

Buster Wrote:
Elswhere June practically dives onto the slide, rushing down it on her belly, dorsal fin sticking straight up. even at the bottom she's skimming just below the surface darting around.


Hivemind was already at the bottom of the slide when June got there. He apparently jumped from the top and used his jump booster to slow his descent. "Well? what did you guys think of that slide?"

---------------------------------------

Legotron123 Wrote:
”Normally I’d say we have plenty of experience dealing with situations that got worse, but after everything I’ve seen today, I’m not sure I want to know how you would define “it got worse.” Probably involves giant indestructible monsters showing up in the middle of a bank robbery.” Liz said semi jokingly, not entirely sure that wouldn’t happen.


Hivemind shifted a bit. "Not that far off, actually. While it's fairly rare for things to go completely out of hand, the reward jumped from two thousand to two million per person for a reason. The job went from "Find and escort a former champion to the Beacon" to "Stop a hate-fueled mech from mutating into an evil demigod and destroying the world". Again, this usually doesn't happen..."

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Last edited by CyberDragon on Mon May 14, 2018 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.



Sun May 13, 2018 11:54 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3769
Location: The Midwest, would prefer colder though
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Chris opened up a communications line with Hive and relayed the information MT had just provided him, "Do we intercept or do we let them come to us?" He brought the scanners output up onto his HUD, Are there any non-vital systems you can route power from to boost the scan distance? Regardless of what Hive says, I'd prefer if we knew what they were before they get to us...

-------

Ulrich nodded and dumped the Celican he was carrying on his shoulder onto the ground. Gently placing the hunters arms behind him, he wrapped them up securely then moved on to the legs. He placed a single loop of cable around the hunters muzzle before tightening it down just enough that it wouldn't come off, but not enough to hurt too much. After finishing up with one he moved on to the other.

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA


Mon May 14, 2018 12:26 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9546
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Jenny kept an ear open as she hid, watching the Sheriff carefully. She frowned as the Fire Chief, the real Harkalan, walked over to him and gave him a short embrace. "They seem friendly," she muttered, concerned.
"Should do, ma'am," said a rather nervous voice behind her. She looked around to see one of the fire officers, looking tired in his heavy outfit. "They are cousins."
"Sharing the same family name?"
"Yup. Err, I don't suppose you could get the Lycan to, um, sign something for me? If you're... If you're with the Champions, I mean?" He held out an autograph book hopefully.
Jenny sighed. "I could try," she admitted, "but I don't think we're coming back this way, my friend. Tell you what, what station are you at?"
"Central B, ma'am."
Jenny took the book and pen and signed 'Pistols' before handing it back. "I'll speak with him and see if he'll drop by. In the meantime that might be worth something in future years." She shook his hand and headed off, radioing in to tell there was no trouble.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jaken watched with a grin as his friend's fin appeared on the surface of the water and made sure he kept out of the way. He'd seen a beach on Earth where something similar had happened... "Quite a ride, Mr Hive," Jaken said, nodding over to some of the others who'd ridden down. "I wonder what'll happen now," he asked, turning his attention back to the fin.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Well," the little agent said, "for one thing Mutamals don't tend to cross breed. They're a very... snobby breed. So to see a Husky that looks like they have some Mutamal genes is unusual... And you don't know what a Mutamal is, do you? I wonder if they exist where you're from or if it's just a different name?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
In response, Cherry just about managed to stand up and limped a little over to her beau and sat on his lap. "NOW I'm feeling better," she said, leaning back to look at him. "Limp'll go in little while, they say."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Cavewoman," Hannabelle chuckled, "I like your style."
"I...I...I can give you my... my computer," the hunter called. "It... it was someone from the en...energy ministry I think..."
"We might need to get this one to the little Doctor soon."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Thank you, Mr Kitty," Corvis said, hopping off as they got to the house.
The husband almost staggered off.
"He's not a Kitty, twit, he's a Concertian," the older cub snipped back, still looking awed by the presence of the Lycan as Jenevive found the key for the door.

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Mon May 14, 2018 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.



Mon May 14, 2018 2:48 am
Profile
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 8:52 pm
Posts: 1125
Location: England, UK
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
CyberDragon Wrote:
The Ibis landed in Hannabelle's back yard. It was a fairly tight fit, but it had just enough space. The doors opened. "Is there anything you need to do to set up, Rika?" Hivemind asked through the Ibis's comm system.

"You know how I work, Hive, I have everything I need in my pods and capsules." She says simply, indicating the bag at her feet. "I don't need much else than that.."

-----
CyberDragon Wrote:
When Traci got back, hivemind congratulated her. "Nice work, Traci. Here. Take these." He handed Traci and Ulrich a couple of boxes of some kind of cable. "Use this to tie up our friends over there while the three of us continue the interrogation."

Traci nodded then went back over to the hunters she took down. She shifted them around and tied them up, then dragged them back to the group. "Can't lift them without speed, hehe.."

-----
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Thank you, Mr Kitty," Corvis said, hopping off as they got to the house.
The husband almost staggered off.
"He's not a Kitty, twit, he's a Concertian," the older cub snipped back, still looking awed by the presence of the Lycan as Jenevive found the key for the door.

Rika hopped out of the dropship and headed toward the group as she kept her eye on the adult male Celican, carrying her bag in one hand whilst waving lightly with the other. "Hello, I'm Dr. Montoni, I'll be looking over your injuries. If you could all come onto the ship over there, I can treat any minor or major injury you may have, or if you would prefer to enter the house I can do that too." She said simply, gesturing to the ship and the house respectively whilst still keeping her eye on the father. "I would strongly recommend the former, as that would make things easier if your pursuers were to find us here. Although I do believe that we have things such as that covered anyway.." She added, quickly looking to Eira, Randy and Kolt with a smile.

_________________
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference


Mon May 14, 2018 6:55 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 3710
Images: 2
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
when hivemind says 'armaments' Kol interrupts him with "That's not a word."

_________________
Of course. Consider the Rangers destroyed.
Characters


Mon May 14, 2018 7:05 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3769
Location: The Midwest, would prefer colder though
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Hmm... Well if they're what I think you're talking about the they're called malamutes in my universe.
Not very snobby. Basically bigger huskies that are stronger and slower."
He took a bite of his sandwich, "Sound similar?"

--------

Colorado wrapped his arms around Cherry's waist and pulled her into a hug, "I'm just glad you're okay. Know when you're being released?"

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA


Mon May 14, 2018 11:15 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 2961
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
”Well we took care of all the assassins we know about.” Kolt said, his eye occasionally glancing around the area. ”It’s entirely possible there are more around here we just haven’t found yet. As soon as you’ve gotten everything you need from your house, you should get in the shuttle.”
-
Liz pinched the bridge of her nose, taking a few deep breaths to remain calm in the face of all the insane revelations Hivemind was dropping like they were completely normal. Dear god this dimension. Anyways, I’d like to ask that me and any other members of my crew that decide to join the Champions get placed somewhere where there’s the least chance of something like that happening. I’d rather not have any of my people die to an “evil demigod,” as you put it.”

_________________
"This party never stops! Time is dead and meaning has no meaning! Existence is upside down and I reign supreme! Welcome one and all to WEIRDMAGEDDON!"


Mon May 14, 2018 7:16 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2075
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Deske Wrote:
Chris opened up a communications line with Hive and relayed the information MT had just provided him, "Do we intercept or do we let them come to us?" He brought the scanners output up onto his HUD, Are there any non-vital systems you can route power from to boost the scan distance? Regardless of what Hive says, I'd prefer if we knew what they were before they get to us...


"What do you think, MT? Is it something to be concerned about?" Hivemind said over the comm system.

"Difficult to say from this distance. I'm going to try rerouting power from my shields to boost my sensor range." The shield status on MT and Chris's hud flashed "offline" and the scanner showed a longer range and more detail.

"The airborne contacts are choppers. I can't tell from here what kind of payload they have. The six ground contacts are a convoy of high capacity vehicles. Similar to SUVs. None of them seem equipped with weapons from what I can see, but if they take the next right, then they are headed right for... Oh. They took a right. They are headed for the house. Same with the choppers. Should we intercept?"

"Yes. Focus on the choppers. If they are armed, those will be tougher for us to handle. Only a couple of us can fly. Once you can confirm they are no longer a threat, move on to the convoy." Hivemind replied.

"Alright. Chris, I suggest flying us closer to the aircraft so that I can properly assess the threat they pose."

------------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Jenny kept an ear open as she hid, watching the Sheriff carefully. She frowned as the Fire Chief, the real Harkalan, walked over to him and gave him a short embrace. "They seem friendly," she muttered, concerned.
"Should do, ma'am," said a rather nervous voice behind her. She looked around to see one of the fire officers, looking tired in his heavy outfit. "They are cousins."
"Sharing the same family name?"
"Yup. Err, I don't suppose you could get the Lycan to, um, sign something for me? If you're... If you're with the Champions, I mean?" He held out an autograph book hopefully.
Jenny sighed. "I could try," she admitted, "but I don't think we're coming back this way, my friend. Tell you what, what station are you at?"
"Central B, ma'am."
Jenny took the book and pen and signed 'Pistols' before handing it back. "I'll speak with him and see if he'll drop by. In the meantime that might be worth something in future years." She shook his hand and headed off, radioing in to tell there was no trouble.


"Jenny, you left your comm device on." The Lycan said to her over his own communicator. "We can't divert the Ibis or this team from it's job in order to sign an autograph. As soon as the rest of the team gets to the dropship, we're heading out. However, if you could get that fire officer's name and mailing address, I would be happy to send something when I have time. I don't have many fans outside of the Celicians." He suggested.

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Thank you, Mr Kitty," Corvis said, hopping off as they got to the house.
The husband almost staggered off.
"He's not a Kitty, twit, he's a Concertian," the older cub snipped back, still looking awed by the presence of the Lycan as Jenevive found the key for the door.

~\Rook/~ Wrote:
Rika hopped out of the dropship and headed toward the group as she kept her eye on the adult male Celican, carrying her bag in one hand whilst waving lightly with the other. "Hello, I'm Dr. Montoni, I'll be looking over your injuries. If you could all come onto the ship over there, I can treat any minor or major injury you may have, or if you would prefer to enter the house I can do that too." She said simply, gesturing to the ship and the house respectively whilst still keeping her eye on the father. "I would strongly recommend the former, as that would make things easier if your pursuers were to find us here. Although I do believe that we have things such as that covered anyway.." She added, quickly looking to Eira, Randy and Kolt with a smile.


"You know it, doctor." Eira said, giving a thumbs up with her ice hand.

"I think the husband has a broken nose. One of the hunters sucker punched him in the face." The Lycan informed Rika.

------------------------------

Buster Wrote:
when hivemind says 'armaments' Kol interrupts him with "That's not a word."


"It is. That's not the point though. Against enemies like this guy who are barely a threat to us, try to avoid doing permanent damage. This guy might loose that arm."

Deske Wrote:
Ulrich nodded and dumped the Celican he was carrying on his shoulder onto the ground. Gently placing the hunters arms behind him, he wrapped them up securely then moved on to the legs. He placed a single loop of cable around the hunters muzzle before tightening it down just enough that it wouldn't come off, but not enough to hurt too much. After finishing up with one he moved on to the other.

~\Rook/~ Wrote:
Traci nodded then went back over to the hunters she took down. She shifted them around and tied them up, then dragged them back to the group. "Can't lift them without speed, hehe.."


Once they were done tying up the hunters, Hivemind thanked them before pulling out a small canister. He pushed a button on it and tossed it, landing it near the pile of hunters. Thick red smoke rushed from the can, indicating to any police nearby where the hunters were.

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Cavewoman," Hannabelle chuckled, "I like your style."
"I...I...I can give you my... my computer," the hunter called. "It... it was someone from the en...energy ministry I think..."
"We might need to get this one to the little Doctor soon."


Hivemind pulled out a second canister and showed it to the hunter. It read Medical Foam. "Last thing, and I give you this. Where is the computer?"

------------------------------

Deske Wrote:
Colorado wrapped his arms around Cherry's waist and pulled her into a hug, "I'm just glad you're okay. Know when you're being released?"


At that moment, the doctor walked in. "Cherry Seena?" He was holding up some paperwork. "Your tests came back. Your leg is in good shape now. The bone has mended without complication. You can go when you feel comfortable, though I would suggest avoiding any sprints or marathons. Your leg will feel sore for a few hours, but that is normal."

------------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Jaken watched with a grin as his friend's fin appeared on the surface of the water and made sure he kept out of the way. He'd seen a beach on Earth where something similar had happened... "Quite a ride, Mr Hive," Jaken said, nodding over to some of the others who'd ridden down. "I wonder what'll happen now," he asked, turning his attention back to the fin.


Most of the kids in the pool were fine. They were either playing with each other, completely oblivious to June, or they were pretending to panic, much like Jaken did sometimes when playing with June. Only humans seemed to show any signs of nervousness, and they got past it pretty quickly. The massive diversity of the Beacon tends to result in people being unfazed by things like a furry shark-person swimming in a pool.

"I'm glad you enjoyed the slide! Think you guys are ready to move on to the next thing?" He asked the next time June surfaced.

------------------------------

Legotron123 Wrote:
Liz pinched the bridge of her nose, taking a few deep breaths to remain calm in the face of all the insane revelations Hivemind was dropping like they were completely normal. Dear god this dimension. Anyways, I’d like to ask that me and any other members of my crew that decide to join the Champions get placed somewhere where there’s the least chance of something like that happening. I’d rather not have any of my people die to an “evil demigod,” as you put it.”


"I try to do that with all of my champions, especially new recruits." Hivemind said, sounding somewhat exasperated. "The assignment in question was originally a job to pick up a former champion from his cushy retirement in the friggin' Bahamas! No strings attached to that assignment. Then while they were there, an alien spaceship from another universe appeared on a collision course for the island town. After they stopped that, a guy in a Mecha suit attacked. Then after they beat that guy, a demon tried to possess him. Then after they stopped the demon, a bunch of assassins attacked a kid. While they were stopping that, a plague got released. After I stopped THAT, the assassins attacked AGAIN at a meeting with the prime minister that we had in order to discuss with him the other events of that day." He sighed. "All during what was supposed to be a trip to a Bahamian resort. Point is, I try to avoid putting people in situations where they are at risk, but the universe feels like it abides by the rules of a maniacally eccentric monkey throwing flaming darts at a hand grenade."

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Mon May 14, 2018 8:24 pm
Profile
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 12752
Location: Down under Down Under
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Sae... What naow?" Cailean signs. Conall just shrugs in answer.

_________________
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing Uncle Noob!

Image


Tue May 15, 2018 7:36 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9546
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Figured it was on, fangboss," Jenny remarked before getting the Fire Officer's name and heading into the woods, following the smell of Celicans and whatever Kol was towards the hut. "And that we wouldn't be able to stop."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"So whaddya think of my Grandma," Golten asked the Lycan, cricking his neck to look up at the giant Champion.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"THERE'S a loaded question," Jenevive said, mostly to herself, as she overheard her older son. Corvis had already zipped aboard the ship and was bouncing on the seats, looking for the most comfortable.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"She's a good fighter, isn't she?" the cub added, following the Lycan as his father got treated by Rika on the ship.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"In... In my hotel. Room 23, the Muzwell Grange." the Hunter coughed.
"I know it," Hannabelle huffed. "Anyone you send in there should probably be up to date on inoculations, Hive. It's the kind of place where the Roaches wear protective suits. Hired killers these day," she snorted. "No style. He'll keep the password to himself, of course."
"For... for after I'm healed," he said weakly.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jaken performed a few underwater 'struggles' with June before popping back up and answering Hive. "Good to go wherever, sir!"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can't plan for every FUBAR, Hivemind," Corp advised, "life doesn't work that way. Although that one DOES sound exceptional."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Well," Sana confided, "I can''t speak to the more muscular as I've not felt yours yet." She was halfway through taking a sip from her straw when her brain caught up with what she'd just said and had her spluttering and making bubble mountains on her drink. "I...I mean I've not seen your... that's worse!" She put her face into her paws and half growled. "I'm RUBBISH in the field," she complained. "Only good for computers!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Well, you can always take be back to the new home, Love," Seena chuckled. "Carry me over the threshold?"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Ah, weel," Sarah said, sitting between the boys and putting her arms around them, "Ah s'gest usin' the vid tae see what things're like, yeah? An;' th' news tae." She prodded the remote towards Conall with a foot.

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Tue May 15, 2018 9:19 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3769
Location: The Midwest, would prefer colder though
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Denver watched with a mixture of sympathy and amusement as Sana tried to dig her way out of this hole. He took another bite of his sandwich, "Isn't there something in your field agent handbook that says not to get romantic with your quarry? Not that I'm complaining of course. It's been a day and humor's going a long way to making it better." He leaned back in his chair and let his head roll back, eliciting a few cracks from his neck, "So I probably shouldn't ask about you while you're on the job, but..." He grinned at the ceiling.

--------

Colorado feigned looking hurt as the doctor said no marathons, "Aww c'mon doc, are you sure she can't go on a few runs with me? I mean it's just an ultramarathon." He chuckled and look back at his mate, "Ahh, traditional, are we?"

--------

"Oh man I love intercepts." He pushed the throttle forward to bring them up into the sky above the helicopters, out of their range of vision, before dropping down behind them, as silent and unseen as possible.

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA


Tue May 15, 2018 2:46 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 3710
Images: 2
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Which of course was June's cue to spring out of the water and tackle jaken back under, then letting him go again.

-----

The twins silently chatted as they were led to the AO.
I've added an electrical shunt between the grip barbs on the upper tendrils and capacitor four. 1200v 2.2a. I'll need three minutes to recharge if you waste it.
gotcha. Hopefully it won't be nececary.

-----

"I don't think you'll need any special words to make a machine give up it's secrets, so I guess I can drop the act. It's a shattered ball joint, not an amputative injury Hive, I'm not that clumsy. There should be more than enough undamaged muscle to keep everything attached." kol explained, carefully lowering the captive down and removing her gauntlets from her suit rather than pull them free of him.

"...What? you think I never got jabbed in the shoulder fighting in the pits?"

_________________
Of course. Consider the Rangers destroyed.
Characters


Last edited by Buster on Tue May 15, 2018 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Tue May 15, 2018 6:10 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 2961
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
As the family got their things together, Kolt stood by the ramp to the ship, occasionally glancing around to see if anyone was trying to sneak up on them. As he contemplated whether to invite Jenny over for dinner and a movie later, his ears picked up some kind of noise in the distance, like some sort of aircraft. Concerned, he decided to radio Hivemind for more info. ”Hey Hive, is that an aircraft I’m hearing?” He asked. ”Because I feel like if it is, I’m should probably ask these guys to speed things up a little.”
-
”Honestly, after everything I’ve heard about this universe, I’d be more surprised if that wasn’t the case.” Liz joked, before turning to look at Lewis and Corp. ”Either of you have any questions you want to ask? Because most of mine are ones I could probably find the answer to by googling it.”
”I just want to know when our first assignment is and when we can do some more power testing.” Lewis said, stretching his arms behind his back.

_________________
"This party never stops! Time is dead and meaning has no meaning! Existence is upside down and I reign supreme! Welcome one and all to WEIRDMAGEDDON!"


Tue May 15, 2018 11:16 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2075
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Figured it was on, fangboss," Jenny remarked before getting the Fire Officer's name and heading into the woods, following the smell of Celicans and whatever Kol was towards the hut. "And that we wouldn't be able to stop."


"...I don't think anyone has ever called me "fangboss" before." The Lycan remarked. "I'm not sure how I feel about that name, honestly."

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"So whaddya think of my Grandma," Golten asked the Lycan, cricking his neck to look up at the giant Champion.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"THERE'S a loaded question," Jenevive said, mostly to herself, as she overheard her older son. Corvis had already zipped aboard the ship and was bouncing on the seats, looking for the most comfortable.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"She's a good fighter, isn't she?" the cub added, following the Lycan as his father got treated by Rika on the ship.


"Not sure." He said as he helped Golten into the Ibis. "Met her yesterday." He helped Jenevive into the ship as well. "The fighting though, I can say from experience that yes, she is good."

-----------------------------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"In... In my hotel. Room 23, the Muzwell Grange." the Hunter coughed.
"I know it," Hannabelle huffed. "Anyone you send in there should probably be up to date on inoculations, Hive. It's the kind of place where the Roaches wear protective suits. Hired killers these day," she snorted. "No style. He'll keep the password to himself, of course."
"For... for after I'm healed," he said weakly.


Hivemind nodded and called Traci over to him. "I'm giving you coordinates for the hotel and uploading a map to your communicator's HUD. Think you can run over there really fast, find the computer, and meet us at the house?"

Buster Wrote:
"I don't think you'll need any special words to make a machine give up it's secrets, so I guess I can drop the act. It'sered ball joint, not an amputative injury Hive, I'm not that clumsy. There should be more than enough undamaged muscle to keep everything attached." kol explained, carefully lowering the captive down and removing her gauntlets from her suit rather than pull them free of him.

"...What? you think I never got jabbed in the shoulder fighting in the pits?"


"Yes. I knew that, Kol." Hivemind grumbled. "I can scan a person's body. Thanks for spoiling one of the biggest bargaining chips I had." He sighed as he applied the medical foam to the wound, immediately sealing it and stopping all bleeding. "Sorry. I shouldn't get upset. There was no way you could have known. I can still work with this." He said to Kol before addressing the hunter. "As for you. That medical foam will keep you going until you get to a doctor. Cooperate, and it will be our doctors, who will get that arm fixed completely with minimal long term effects. Don't cooperate, and we'll leave you here with your buddies for the police to pick up. You'll be treated in a local hospital after possibly hours of pain, and likely come out of it with severe nerve damage, painful scarring, cartilage loss, and months of time spent in recovery and therapy. You can answer in the form of a username and password."

-----------------------------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Jaken performed a few underwater 'struggles' with June before popping back up and answering Hive. "Good to go wherever, sir!"

Buster Wrote:
Which of course was June's cue to spring out of the water and tackle jaken back under, then letting him go again.


Hivemind laughed at the two kids playing. "So what do you two want to do next? Another go on the water slide? Maybe try out the Tempest?"

-----------------------------------------------

Deske Wrote:
"Oh man I love intercepts." He pushed the throttle forward to bring them up into the sky above the helicopters, out of their range of vision, before dropping down behind them, as silent and unseen as possible.


MT couldn't see anything too unusual about the choppers. They seemed like private aircraft, which he supposed was unusual, but neither had any apparent...

The side door of one of the helicopters opened up and a Celician leaned out. A portable missile launcher was mounted on his shoulder and pointed directly at MT and Chris. Apparently, the aircraft saw them. The Celician launched a high speed missile straight at MT. It hit and exploded.

[Shield integrity at 60%]

Chris. I have reason to believe that these aircraft are carrying heavy explosive ordinance.


-----------------------------------------------

Buster Wrote:
The twins silently chatted as they were led to the AO.
I've added an electrical shunt between the grip barbs on the upper tendrils and capacitor four. 1200v 2.2a. I'll need three minutes to recharge if you waste it.
gotcha. Hopefully it won't be nececary.


Hivemind lead the two of them to the restricted area of the transportation hub where he entered a code into the door. It opened, and immediately they were assaulted by the stench of death and decay. Hive droids were scattered around the area, scrubbing the place down. Dismembered body parts from the undead lay under sheets. The hive droids were trying to piece them together so they could be reburied. He already pulled a number of the bodies out and had made significant progress in cleaning up the decomposition goo that covered basically every exposed surface in the city. Large sections were blocked off by yellow tape. "Welcome to the Necropolis. What is supposed to be the most relaxing and hospitable city on the ship. The cleanup will take months, and I don't know if the population will ever psychologically recover..."

-----------------------------------------------

Legotron123 Wrote:
As the family got their things together, Kolt stood by the ramp to the ship, occasionally glancing around to see if anyone was trying to sneak up on them. As he contemplated whether to invite Jenny over for dinner and a movie later, his ears picked up some kind of noise in the distance, like some sort of aircraft. Concerned, he decided to radio Hivemind for more info. ”Hey Hive, is that an aircraft I’m hearing?” He asked. ”Because I feel like if it is, I’m should probably ask these guys to speed things up a little.”


"That is an aircraft. Two specifically. I have MT and Chris intercepting them." He replied to Kolt using the Ibis's speakers before the sound of the missile hitting MT echoed over the forest. "Aaaand that sounded like an explosion. Everybody (at the house) get into the Ibis. This bird is taking off."

-----------------------------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"You can't plan for every FUBAR, Hivemind," Corp advised, "life doesn't work that way. Although that one DOES sound exceptional."


"Exceptional? It's starting to feel more like the rule for that group. The day before all of that happened, also their first day on the job, their investigation into what I thought was a power malfunction turned into a full on battle against an undead army."

Legotron123 Wrote:
”Honestly, after everything I’ve heard about this universe, I’d be more surprised if that wasn’t the case.” Liz joked, before turning to look at Lewis and Corp. ”Either of you have any questions you want to ask? Because most of mine are ones I could probably find the answer to by googling it.”
”I just want to know when our first assignment is and when we can do some more power testing.” Lewis said, stretching his arms behind his back.


"I don't currently have any assignments you can join. We could start with some training and testing though if you feel like it." He suggested.

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Last edited by CyberDragon on Wed May 16, 2018 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Wed May 16, 2018 12:20 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3769
Location: The Midwest, would prefer colder though
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Hey thanks for the heads up, buddy, I thought that maybe they were just carrying fireworks to celebrate our victory." He checked their surroundings first, "So there's flat ground within a mile of us,
if we take out the engine, they can still autorotate down because that's how helicopters work. After that we can launch some of that amber at them to stop them from using any more fireworks. So, got any EMPs?"


---------

"Hive, could you just brute force it or break the encryption on it? I mean, that does not seem out of your range."

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA


Wed May 16, 2018 1:56 am
Profile
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 8:52 pm
Posts: 1125
Location: England, UK
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
CyberDragon Wrote:
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"In... In my hotel. Room 23, the Muzwell Grange." the Hunter coughed.
"I know it," Hannabelle huffed. "Anyone you send in there should probably be up to date on inoculations, Hive. It's the kind of place where the Roaches wear protective suits. Hired killers these day," she snorted. "No style. He'll keep the password to himself, of course."
"For... for after I'm healed," he said weakly.


Hivemind nodded and called Traci over to him. "I'm giving you coordinates for the hotel and uploading a map to your communicator's HUD. Think you can run over there really fast, find the computer, and meet us at the house?"

Traci pretended to huff. "..And here I thought I was done with 'data management'.." She said simply before chuckling and tapping her comm to bring up the HUD. "I can do that Hive. See you in a second!"

And with that she sprinted off at a lightning pace, bushes and trees swaying in the backdraft after her.

-----
CyberDragon Wrote:
Legotron123 Wrote:
As the family got their things together, Kolt stood by the ramp to the ship, occasionally glancing around to see if anyone was trying to sneak up on them. As he contemplated whether to invite Jenny over for dinner and a movie later, his ears picked up some kind of noise in the distance, like some sort of aircraft. Concerned, he decided to radio Hivemind for more info. ”Hey Hive, is that an aircraft I’m hearing?” He asked. ”Because I feel like if it is, I’m should probably ask these guys to speed things up a little.”


"That is an aircraft. Two specifically. I have MT and Chris intercepting them." He replied to Kolt using the Ibis's speakers before the sound of the missile hitting MT echoed over the forest. "Aaaand that sounded like an explosion. Everybody, get into the Ibis. This bird is taking off."

Rika looked up from just finishing with the father Celican's nose. "Oh, I guess I was right about something today.. Although I didn't want to be right about that. Anyway, your nose should be good now. Unless you have any other injuries you neglected to tell me, please strap yourself into your seat. Urgh, I sound like some kind of attendant or something.." She said exasperatedly, muttering the last part to herself as she moved into an open seat and clicked the belt around her.

_________________
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference


Wed May 16, 2018 3:08 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9546
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Golten grabbed the seat nearest the Lycan and did a bit of hero worship staring until his brother picked a strand of fur out of his tail and got his attention. "What?" he demanded after slapping his brother.
"We're goin' flying," Corvis enthused. "Up to the secret command station! My friends at school are going to be so jealous!"
"I don't think we're going back to that school, Corvis."
"Oh," the younger said, ears drooping. Then they pricked back up. "I can call them FROM the secret command station!"
Golten smirked. "Then how does it stay a secret?"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The husband thanked Rika and joined Jenevive in the seats. She nuzzled him. "I think it's time I killed mom," she said jokingly. Or half jokingly. "Or do you think the kids would miss her?"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I said drop the mech in, Hive," Hannabell protested as she finally puffed a little by a tree and the sound of an explosion reached her, "not 'drop the heavy artillery on them'!"
"User name Cyrus_the_unkillable" the Hunter admitted lamely. "Password... Um..." He thought about it for a moment and then continued in a low voice. "Fluffybunny1 Capital F. My daughter chose it!"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'll go for the... ack! Tempest," Jaken said, spitting out a bit of water. "And then back to the water. It's the funnest way to get clean."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Training's always good." That was Corps' take on it.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sana sputtered again. "Romantic," she said loudly so that she had to try and hide under her own arms as people looked at them. "I'm not being romantic! Am... am I? This is so not like the books and Computer programmes. They lie." She sat back up. "Um, sorry. What is it you wanted to ask?"

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Wed May 16, 2018 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Wed May 16, 2018 7:53 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 2961
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
As soon as the whole family was on the ship, Kolt radioed Hivemind again. ”Everyone’s on board, what should I do now? Should I come help you take down the aircraft, or should I stay here and protect the shuttle?” He asked, ready to take off at a moments notice.
-
”That sounds like a good idea. Though I’m going to have to insist that we get some of those shapeshifter clothes before we do any of that. I don’t want to risk winding up naked in the middle of testing.” Liz said, while Lewis silently expressed his agreement in the background.

_________________
"This party never stops! Time is dead and meaning has no meaning! Existence is upside down and I reign supreme! Welcome one and all to WEIRDMAGEDDON!"


Wed May 16, 2018 2:48 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2075
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Deske Wrote:
"Hey thanks for the heads up, buddy, I thought that maybe they were just carrying fireworks to celebrate our victory." He checked their surroundings first, "So there's flat ground within a mile of us,
if we take out the engine, they can still autorotate down because that's how helicopters work. After that we can launch some of that amber at them to stop them from using any more fireworks. So, got any EMPs?"


"I did not have the time to grab anything but my currently equipped cannon." MT answered. "However, the hulls of these helicopters are soft and not designed to withstand fire. A bullet in the engine should achieve the same results. Highlighting the target points and angles now." The engines lit up in MT's shared vision with Chris. Cones also stuck out of the engines, indicating the optimal angle to hit the engine to minimize risk of excessive damage. "In case they are unable to autorotate, I suggest being prepared to catch their aircraft. My chassis is strong enough to handle the weight."

-----------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Golten grabbed the seat nearest the Lycan and did a bit of hero worship staring until his brother picked a strand of fur out of his tail and got his attention. "What?" he demanded after slapping his brother.
"We're goin' flying," Corvis enthused. "Up to the secret command station! My friends at school are going to be so jealous!"
"I don't think we're going back to that school, Corvis."
"Oh," the younger said, ears drooping. Then they pricked back up. "I can call them FROM the secret command station!"
Golten smirked. "Then how does it stay a secret?"


"Good question. It doesn't." Eira said, climbing into the craft. "It's hard to hide something of that size. We don't even bother keeping it a secret."

Legotron123 Wrote:
As soon as the whole family was on the ship, Kolt radioed Hivemind again. ”Everyone’s on board, what should I do now? Should I come help you take down the aircraft, or should I stay here and protect the shuttle?” He asked, ready to take off at a moments notice.


"Stick with the shuttle, Kolt. MT and Chris can handle the aircraft. We're taking off, now, before that convoy gets here." The Ibis's comm system announced before the doors closed and the engine started. The Ibis's wings spread wide, and the engines on them eased the dropship into the air. As it lifted up, bullets pinged off of it's armored hull, fired from hunters in the convoy below. The ship turned toward the smoke signal Hivemind put up. The rear engines fired up and the craft thrust forward.

-----------------------------

One of the hunters in the helicopters noticed the Ibis take off. He took aim with his missile launcher and locked on to the craft.

-----------------------------

~\Rook/~ Wrote:
Traci pretended to huff. "..And here I thought I was done with 'data management'.." She said simply before chuckling and tapping her comm to bring up the HUD. "I can do that Hive. See you in a second!"

And with that she sprinted off at a lightning pace, bushes and trees swaying in the backdraft after her.

Deske Wrote:
"Hive, could you just brute force it or break the encryption on it? I mean, that does not seem out of your range."


"I could once we got it in range of a hive relay. It will still be easier to do with the username and password."

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"I said drop the mech in, Hive," Hannabell protested as she finally puffed a little by a tree and the sound of an explosion reached her, "not 'drop the heavy artillery on them'!"
"User name Cyrus_the_unkillable" the Hunter admitted lamely. "Password... Um..." He thought about it for a moment and then continued in a low voice. "Fluffybunny1 Capital F. My daughter chose it!"


"Thank you." Hivemind said calmly, though elsewhere a droid had to go into a silent room and let out a burst of laughter. He started tying the hunter's arms behind his back. "In speaking of your daughter, if you are cooperating then any family you have needs protection. If they are on Cana, I'll send a Sparrow dropship to pick them up. I just need an address including a city and continent. Or coordinates if you have them."

-----------------------------

(To Traci)

Traci would hear Hivemind speak over the communicator. "Traci, there's been a change of plans. Once you have the computer, meet us back at the park we originally landed in. We'll pick you up there."

-----------------------------

(Kolt)

When the Ibis was over the smoke signal, one of the doors opened and Hivemind's voice spoke over the comm system again. "Kolt, I can't land the ship with all of these trees in the way. Can you drop down and carry us up to the dropship? There will be five people to pick up, including a new witness."

-----------------------------

Legotron123 Wrote:
”That sounds like a good idea. Though I’m going to have to insist that we get some of those shapeshifter clothes before we do any of that. I don’t want to risk winding up naked in the middle of testing.” Liz said, while Lewis silently expressed his agreement in the background.


"Alright then. Let's head out. There's a store like that nearby. Empowered specialty stores like to set up shop around Champion Tower." He said before heading to the door and gesturing for the others to follow him out.

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Wed May 16, 2018 5:40 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 3710
Images: 2
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Kol mutters something the translator doesn't catch.

Looking up after hearing a familiar engine, and noticing the barely visible shape of their dripship, then back at the trunks surrounding them, Kol switches her staff to power-axe mode, and draws both chain axes, revving them up.

"Need me to make some room?" she asks, gesturing at a nearby trunk, all three weapons at the ready.

though considering she's standing in front of him now, weapons out, Cyrus may be feeling a tad appreciative of the fact that all he got was stabbed.

- - - - - - - - -

"Finally... Finding a point of overlap took way too long. I knew this thing was big from the size of the docking bay, but I think I've covered more land area than the entirety of New Gottenborg at this point... No wonder they transport around..." Epsilon commented to herself, finally stopping, as her mental map stitched the 'hub' and 'city' sections together using locations that had given off duplicate readings. The lack of link to the docking bay where she'd started was still bothering her, but that could wait for a moment. Finding a bench and sitting down, she took a few minutes to rest her feet.

"Still following me around tinman?"

- - - - - - - - -

"Incinerator drones would be more efficient." Kobor stated, observing the cleanup efforts a moment before heading in, getting started on the assignment before hivemind could offer a retort.

- - - - - - - - -

Curious, june nods, content to follow where jaken leads for now.
besides, her legs didn't feel so sore any longer.

_________________
Of course. Consider the Rangers destroyed.
Characters


Wed May 16, 2018 8:48 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3769
Location: The Midwest, would prefer colder though
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Denver glanced around at the people eyeing them.
"What made you choose the field life? Sounds like you came from a desk job before this. Can't imagine why you'd want to do field work when you could sit at a desk and go home at a reasonable hour."

--------

Chris made his aim and took a few shots at the engines, cleaning blowing through each one, "Blowing them apart will have to do. By the way, I'm not worried about having to catch them, I'm worried about being fired upon while we catch them."

--------

"Well, now that you've got a clean bill of health, how about we celebrate before heading home? My treat, of course. Or if you're too tired we can just head home." Colorado slipped his arms underneath Cherry and lifted her up off of him as he stood, before gently lowering her back to the ground.

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA


Wed May 16, 2018 11:57 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9546
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
The boys looked at the newcomer and it was obvious both were running her through their mental registers of Champions and trying to recall her name. "As you say, Miss... Arctos" Corvis said, saying the last word hesitantly, in case he got it wrong.
-------------
"And thank you for this," his mother added drily, "I think mother got us in more than we could handle this time."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Great heavens," Hannabelle said on seeing Kol in 'battle form', "there's more to you than meets the eye, Captain Cavewoman." She looked to the hunter, who had given Hive the required information regarding his Celica-based daughter before looking at Kol and fainting. She looked to the sky. "What sort of hunter are they hiring these days? In my day we'd walk off that sort of injury. On our handpaws too! And this thing has offspring?"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Taking a ragdoll home to snuggle are you, Kol," Jenny questioned on arrival. She took a moment to catch her breath.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As a gentleFox, Jaken grinned as they got to the next ride and graciously allowed June to queue in front of him. "Wonder how mo...Miss Rika is going on," he asked absently.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'll probably prefer to keep my knife rig," Corp grunted, following Hive out of the room.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Oh, I do prefer the computers," Sana confessed, "but, sometimes, a computer has to be hacked from the terminal and an agent can't do it so I get called out. I was with Agent Golta but... he got called back to base via one of those portal thingies and told me to stay here so..." she shrugged her truly insignificant shoulders, "here I am."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Well," Seena said, holding on to Colorado, "I could do with a new wardrobe." She looked down at her stained and torn uniform. "Feels like I've worn this thing for years. Then we can get something to celebrate with and then.." she gave him a peck on the lips, "go back to our place and celebrate there too?"

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Fri May 18, 2018 1:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.



Thu May 17, 2018 7:21 am
Profile
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 8:52 pm
Posts: 1125
Location: England, UK
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
CyberDragon Wrote:
Traci would hear Hivemind speak over the communicator. "Traci, there's been a change of plans. Once you have the computer, meet us back at the park we originally landed in. We'll pick you up there."

"Understood. I'm just arriving at the location now." She replied into her Comm as she skidded to a halt just before hitting a chainlink fence that was sitting on the property line. Quickly hopping the fence she made her way around the building, staying low and stealthy, until she found the room and computer inside. She packed it up and rushed out of there, keeping out of sight of any civilians that were around if any.

After gaining some distance she tapped her Comm again. "I have the package and am now returning to the ZL- Er, LZ! Hehe, always wanted to say something like that.." She called, saying the first sentence in what she thought sounded like a 'secret operative' voice, when in reality it was just her normal voice in a lower tone.

_________________
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference


Thu May 17, 2018 8:03 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 2961
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Kolt jumped out of the open door, using his power to land gently on the ground. ”That won’t be necessary Kol.” He said as he touched down in the middle of the group. ”I am perfectly capable of lifting everyone. Though I’m going to have to insist you put those chain axes away. I’d rather not test my suit’s blade resistance.”
-
”That sounds great.” Liz said as she and her son got up and followed the Hivemind droid. After about a minute of walking, Liz decided to ask another question that had been on her mind for a little bit. ”So, how exactly do these shapeshifter clothes work? Do I decide the form they take with some sort of mental connection, or do they have some other means of adapting when I shift forms?”

_________________
"This party never stops! Time is dead and meaning has no meaning! Existence is upside down and I reign supreme! Welcome one and all to WEIRDMAGEDDON!"


Thu May 17, 2018 7:14 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2075
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Buster Wrote:
"Finally... Finding a point of overlap took way too long. I knew this thing was big from the size of the docking bay, but I think I've covered more land area than the entirety of New Gottenborg at this point... No wonder they transport around..." Epsilon commented to herself, finally stopping, as her mental map stitched the 'hub' and 'city' sections together using locations that had given off duplicate readings. The lack of link to the docking bay where she'd started was still bothering her, but that could wait for a moment. Finding a bench and sitting down, she took a few minutes to rest her feet.

"Still following me around tinman?"


"Not so much following you as it is that I'm everywhere at all times." The droid closest to her said. "You know, I have maps you can use. This ship is 20,000,000 cubic miles, and that's not counting the sections that exist in distorted space. You aren't going to be able to map the whole thing yourself."

------------------------

Buster Wrote:
"Incinerator drones would be more efficient." Kobor stated, observing the cleanup efforts a moment before heading in, getting started on the assignment before hivemind could offer a retort.


"Well, I... ah." Hivemind started before Kobor ran ahead.

>The Necromancer said he saw our suspect in the open marketplace, committing petty thefts. You might want to start there.

------------------------

Buster Wrote:
Curious, june nods, content to follow where jaken leads for now.
besides, her legs didn't feel so sore any longer.

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
As a gentleFox, Jaken grinned as they got to the next ride and graciously allowed June to queue in front of him. "Wonder how mo...Miss Rika is going on," he asked absently.


They made their way over to the Tempest roller coaster and found that it surprisingly had a very short line. It was only about five minutes long of a wait, then they would get the best seats on the ride. Hivemind glanced over to June to see if she was behind the uncharacteristically short line.

------------------------

Deske Wrote:
Chris made his aim and took a few shots at the engines, cleaning blowing through each one, "Blowing them apart will have to do. By the way, I'm not worried about having to catch them, I'm worried about being fired upon while we catch them."


Upon the helicopter getting shot, the hunter aiming at the Ibis lost his balance. He managed to grip the chopper door frame and regain it, but not before dropping the missile launcher into the forest below. One of the aircraft autorotated down to the clearing while the other was forced to make an emergency landing in the backyard of Hannabelle's house. On top of a couple parked convoy cars.

"If anyone got shot, it would have been me. Don't be so hesitant about taking action. We have each others' backs. Now, we should regroup with the Ibis."

------------------------

Buster Wrote:
Kol mutters something the translator doesn't catch.

Looking up after hearing a familiar engine, and noticing the barely visible shape of their dripship, then back at the trunks surrounding them, Kol switches her staff to power-axe mode, and draws both chain axes, revving them up.

"Need me to make some room?" she asks, gesturing at a nearby trunk, all three weapons at the ready.

though considering she's standing in front of him now, weapons out, Cyrus may be feeling a tad appreciative of the fact that all he got was stabbed.

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Great heavens," Hannabelle said on seeing Kol in 'battle form', "there's more to you than meets the eye, Captain Cavewoman." She looked to the hunter, who had given Hive the required information regarding his Celica-based daughter before looking at Kol and fainting. She looked to the sky. "What sort of hunter are they hiring these days? In my day we'd walk off that sort of injury. On our handpaws too! And this thing has offspring?"


Hivemind looked at the fainted hunter. "Well. That makes things a lot easier. Thanks, Kol." He said honestly.

Legotron123 Wrote:
Kolt jumped out of the open door, using his power to land gently on the ground. ”That won’t be necessary Kol.” He said as he touched down in the middle of the group. ”I am perfectly capable of lifting everyone. Though I’m going to have to insist you put those chain axes away. I’d rather not test my suit’s blade resistance.”


The droid picked up the hunter and carried him over to Kolt where he waited for the ride up.

------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
The boys looked at the newcomer and it was obvious both were running her through their mental registers of Champions and trying to recall her name. "As you say, Miss... Arctos" Corvis said, saying the last word hesitantly, in case he got it wrong.


Eira was a little disappointed they didn't recognize her as much, but she wasn't surprised. "I think Celicians usually call me "The Blood Witch" instead."

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"And thank you for this," his mother added drily, "I think mother got us in more than we could handle this time."


"Don't mention it." The Lycan waved, dismissively. "Sorry about your house. Wish we got there a little earlier."

------------------------

~\Rook/~ Wrote:
"Understood. I'm just arriving at the location now." She replied into her Comm as she skidded to a halt just before hitting a chainlink fence that was sitting on the property line. Quickly hopping the fence she made her way around the building, staying low and stealthy, until she found the room and computer inside. She packed it up and rushed out of there, keeping out of sight of any civilians that were around if any.

After gaining some distance she tapped her Comm again. "I have the package and am now returning to the ZL- Er, LZ! Hehe, always wanted to say something like that.." She called, saying the first sentence in what she thought sounded like a 'secret operative' voice, when in reality it was just her normal voice in a lower tone.


"Sounds good, Traci. You will likely get there before we do. If you could make sure there is a clear spot for us to land this bird while you are waiting for us, that would be great." Hivemind replied.

------------------------

Legotron123 Wrote:
”That sounds great.” Liz said as she and her son got up and followed the Hivemind droid. After about a minute of walking, Liz decided to ask another question that had been on her mind for a little bit. ”So, how exactly do these shapeshifter clothes work? Do I decide the form they take with some sort of mental connection, or do they have some other means of adapting when I shift forms?”


"It varies." Hivemind replied as they started passing specialty stores for empowered people. "The Lycan gets clothes that can shift between two predefined forms since he only has two himself. Though the same store sells somewhat more expensive clothes that are more dynamic in how they change." They walked into the specialty clothing store. Hivemind gestured toward an area in the back. "Over there, next to the fire-proof clothes, you'll find clothes that will change to adapt to whatever form you're in as long as it is bipedal and has two arms and a head. Some of the more expensive clothes have even more options than that."

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Thu May 17, 2018 8:53 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 3710
Images: 2
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"He's impaled on eight metal claws. if he tried putting that much weight on his arms he'd bleed to death." Kol commented in answer to hannabelle, not entirely grasping the attempt at hyperbole, as she switched off and stowed her weapons, before moving towards kolt. Jenny's question on the other hand just drew confusion, "I don't know what a rag doll is or why I would want one..."

- - - - - - -

Oddly, June actually isn't displaying a corona at the moment, and this isn't something that would have lasted had she done it earlier... well, atleast until she answers jaken, cue another overly specific guess. "Probably fixing broken snouts or patching holes in people."

_________________
Of course. Consider the Rangers destroyed.
Characters


Last edited by Buster on Fri May 18, 2018 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Thu May 17, 2018 10:37 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9546
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"That's a cool codename," Corvis joked, getting a groan from his brother. "You could end up more famous than your grand-dad," he added, 'surreptitiously' winking at her to show he was joking before he got slapped by his brother.. "Ow!"
"Mister Lycan's not old, doofus"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jenevive reached forward and cuffed her oldest son. "Stop hitting your brother," she warned. "Oh, someone was always going to end up finding us, sir. The house is disposable." It didn't sound like she meant it but she was trying.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"How are you planning on testing the ability, Captain," Corp asked. "I admit to being reluctant but, if not Lewis and, on the proviso you don't want to give a shop assistant a heart attack, it has to be me, doesn't it?"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jenny and Hannabelle stood close to each other - and Jenny clipped her holsters to 'locked' - ready for Kolt to pick them up. "C'mon, Kol," Jenny called, "let's go for a ride, eh?"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jaken looked around as June replied and nodded. "She'd like that," he said. "Um, I do not know this place well," he said carefully, "but this seems more empty than usual?"

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Fri May 18, 2018 12:33 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:50 am
Posts: 1154
Location: The deeps of my own mind. Also Texas.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Tatiana merely leaned on her sniper next to the rest of her team, awaiting something their flight, "You know, its kinda nice to have a mission that isn't too chaotic. Which is funny as you'd think that would have been recruiting Gear. But still," She turned her head to the rest, "Smooth mission sailing aside, what's our current objective?"

_________________
My RP Character Star
My RP Character Rosal
My RP Character Amanda


Fri May 18, 2018 12:44 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3769
Location: The Midwest, would prefer colder though
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Colorado returned the kiss, albeit with a slightly longer one. "Shopping it is." He wrapped an arm around her waist, half to stay close to her and half to help her walk.

---------

Ulrich nodded and created a platform under his feet so that he didn't burden Kolt with another person if he could help from it. "I guess when you have fought a demonic mech, an army of the undead and a necromancer, a couple of thugs is not really that bad."

----------

Denver chuckled, "Hah, field repair then.
I can sympathize. Did a couple rounds as a combat medic. Definitely some hacking on my end too..."
He frowned for a second until he brushed the thought from his mind, "Alright so now it's your turn to ask a question. Figured it'd keep the conversation rolling if we did the whole back and forth thing. Always hated awkward silences."

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA


Fri May 18, 2018 1:25 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 2961
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
”Thank you Kol. Now, I hope everyone will forgive me if I’m less than gentle. We are on a bit of a time limit.” Kolt said, before everyone found themselves being forcibly pushed towards him by some sort of invisible force. Once everyone was close enough to him, he grabbed them all and lifted them into the sky, before placing them inside the shuttle. He sat down in the same seat as before, and pulled a slice of pizza out of his hammerspace pocket to help regain some of his strength.
-
”I actually already “acquired,” for lack of a better term, Lewis at some point during the warp, so I don’t I’ll need you yet. Not at least until we figure out whether I can copy powers.” Liz said, picking up two different dresses off the rack, one designed for humanoid forms, the other for more exotic shapeshifters. She looked back and forth between the price tags on the two, seeming rather conflicted over which on to pick. ”Which one do you think I should go for? On one hand, both forms I’ve acquired have been humanoid, so maybe I should get one for that kind of body type, but on the other hand, I have no idea what my limitations are for what I can turn into, so maybe I should get one that covers all the potential base?”

_________________
"This party never stops! Time is dead and meaning has no meaning! Existence is upside down and I reign supreme! Welcome one and all to WEIRDMAGEDDON!"


Fri May 18, 2018 11:25 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9546
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"A Ragdoll's a soft toy, Cavewoman," Hannabelle remarked as they rose. "Some people take them to bed to cuddle for warmth or company."
----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Please don't let her cuddle me," the Hitfox slurred semi-consciously.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Picking me up again, handsome," Jenny asked, taking the seat next to Kolt as he ate his pizza. She took a circle of pepperoni off the slice and ate it. "I like it," she added.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
"Gran'ma," the boys shouted together as Hannabelle entered the cabin. Goltan ran to hug her as Corvis went over the top, jumping from seat back to set back before launching himself onto the old hunter who laughed as she caught him in a hug. "You've been practising your pouncing!"
"Yeah," he nodded as Hannabelle tried to walk with attached grandcubs.
"Jenevive,"
"Mom,"
"I see your mate's still alive,. Hannabelle commented. Her target sat back and sniffed. "And still making me happy by not talking to me." She took a seat up front with the grandcubs and peeled them off into their own seats.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You do realise asking ME for fashion advice is like asking a deaf guy to judge a Sonata, Captain," Corp said. "I'd go for functionality," he added.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
"So you've had to do some fighting," Sana asked, thinking herself clever to have picked up on that so quickly. "Or your other self has at any rate. Um, against who? Are we likely to see less friendlies from your universe?"

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Sat May 19, 2018 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Sat May 19, 2018 2:06 am
Profile
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 8:52 pm
Posts: 1125
Location: England, UK
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Traci had gotten a bit lost in the forest, but she soon found the shuttle hovering above the park with the doors open as Kolt flew the others in.

Well, shoot.. She thought. She had hoped that she'd beat them to the ship..

With the help of a nearby tree Traci used her speed to run up it and launch herself up into the open doors, barely landing on the platform yet she made it look like it was planned. "Whew.. Right, here's the computer Hive, we all set now?" She asked, breathing a little heavier than before.

-----

Rika looked up from her tablet and around the cabin, just to see what the others were doing. Hm, I feel like I wasn't really needed on this.. It's fine though, at least this has gone smoother than our last missions.. She thought as she looked around. With a smile at the antics of the children, she looked back down and returned to reading.

_________________
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference


Sat May 19, 2018 3:45 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2075
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Buster Wrote:
Oddly, June actually isn't displaying a corona at the moment, and this isn't something that would have lasted had she done it earlier... well, atleast until she answers jaken, cue another overly specific guess. "Probably fixing broken snouts or patching holes in people."

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Jaken looked around as June replied and nodded. "She'd like that," he said. "Um, I do not know this place well," he said carefully, "but this seems more empty than usual?"


Hivemind shrugged. "Well, it is a weekday, so that might have something to do with it." He said as the line moved up. When it was their turn, Hivemind realized that the two kids needed an adult to ride with them. A second droid, more human looking this time with a synthetic waterproof skin, walked up to the start of the line. He apologized for cutting in, but everyone knew him and knew he was technically already at the front of the line anyway. "Alright, climb in!" He said, picking the best seats he could find for maximum soakage.

--------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"That's a cool codename," Corvis joked, getting a groan from his brother. "You could end up more famous than your grand-dad," he added, 'surreptitiously' winking at her to show he was joking before he got slapped by his brother.. "Ow!"
"Mister Lycan's not old, doofus"


"Yeah, I'm not THAT old." The Lycan said, crossing his arms.

"You sure about that, "Gramps"? You're getting a little grey around the muzzle there." Eira joked, poking at some of the grey spots on her father's face. He swatted the hand away and grumbled. Eira was snickering.

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Jenevive reached forward and cuffed her oldest son. "Stop hitting your brother," she warned. "Oh, someone was always going to end up finding us, sir. The house is disposable." It didn't sound like she meant it but she was trying.


"Well, you won't have to run ever again. I've already constructed a house for you on the Beacon. I set it up on Steelhaven Street." Hivemind said over the Ibis's comm system. "We'll get you back to relatively normal lives as quickly and painlessly as possible. I mean, you'll be living in the most diverse civilization in existence at what is pretty much the center for supernatural activity, but other than that I will personally help you get back to safe, normal lives."

- - - - -

Neon Icy Wings Wrote:
Tatiana merely leaned on her sniper next to the rest of her team, awaiting something their flight, "You know, its kinda nice to have a mission that isn't too chaotic. Which is funny as you'd think that would have been recruiting Gear. But still," She turned her head to the rest, "Smooth mission sailing aside, what's our current objective?"

Deske Wrote:
Ulrich nodded and created a platform under his feet so that he didn't burden Kolt with another person if he could help from it. "I guess when you have fought a demonic mech, an army of the undead and a necromancer, a couple of thugs is not really that bad."

Legotron123 Wrote:
”Thank you Kol. Now, I hope everyone will forgive me if I’m less than gentle. We are on a bit of a time limit.” Kolt said, before everyone found themselves being forcibly pushed towards him by some sort of invisible force. Once everyone was close enough to him, he grabbed them all and lifted them into the sky, before placing them inside the shuttle. He sat down in the same seat as before, and pulled a slice of pizza out of his hammerspace pocket to help regain some of his strength.


Hivemind was about to answer Tatiana when they were suddenly pulled up into the dropship by Kolt. Once they were in the ship, he continued. "From here? The objective is to pick up the rest of the team and get back to the Beacon. We're done here."

~\Rook/~ Wrote:
Traci had gotten a bit lost in the forest, but she soon found the shuttle hovering above the park with the doors open as Kolt flew the others in.

Well, shoot.. She thought. She had hoped that she'd beat them to the ship..

With the help of a nearby tree Traci used her speed to run up it and launch herself up into the open doors, barely landing on the platform yet she made it look like it was planned. "Whew.. Right, here's the computer Hive, we all set now?" She asked, breathing a little heavier than before.


"Ah. Welcome back, Traci. I'll take that off your hands. Good work, take a seat, and we just have two more people to wait on." Hivemind took the computer from her.

Quite suddenly, MT appeared outside the door. The draconic mech latched onto the door frame and peered inside. "You must be the family we were sent to protect." The massive robot stated to Hannabelle's family. "I am MT-694." He opened his cockpit doors and let Chris out into the Ibis's cabin. "Hivemind. The helicopters are no longer a threat. We are free to proceed. If that is all, I will attach myself to the cargo latch so that we can leave."

"Excellent. Thank you, MT. And you too, Chris."

The robotic dragon let go of the door and fell backward before flying around and hovering under the curved part of the Ibis's nose. He lifted up and attached himself to the cargo latch there. "I am secured. Ready for takeoff." He said to Hivemind.

"Right, then. Everyone, take your seats, this ship accelerates quickly." With that, the Ibis turned in place. It's nose pointed up toward the sky. The rear thrusters ignited and the Ibis shot forward, forming a vapor cone before breaking the sound barrier. Soon, flames were rushing past the windows once more as the dropship achieved escape velocity.

The flames steadily faded out as the Ibis entered open space.

--------------------------

Legotron123 Wrote:
”I actually already “acquired,” for lack of a better term, Lewis at some point during the warp, so I don’t I’ll need you yet. Not at least until we figure out whether I can copy powers.” Liz said, picking up two different dresses off the rack, one designed for humanoid forms, the other for more exotic shapeshifters. She looked back and forth between the price tags on the two, seeming rather conflicted over which on to pick. ”Which one do you think I should go for? On one hand, both forms I’ve acquired have been humanoid, so maybe I should get one for that kind of body type, but on the other hand, I have no idea what my limitations are for what I can turn into, so maybe I should get one that covers all the potential base?”


"I would personally go on the safe side until you know more about your powers." Hivemind suggested.

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"You do realise asking ME for fashion advice is like asking a deaf guy to judge a Sonata, Captain," Corp said. "I'd go for functionality," he added.


"Beethoven." Was all Hivemind said in response to that.

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Sat May 19, 2018 11:28 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 3710
Images: 2
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Please don't let her cuddle me," the Hitfox slurred semi-consciously.

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"A Ragdoll's a soft toy, Cavewoman," Hannabelle remarked as they rose. "Some people take them to bed to cuddle for warmth or company."

"So more fluffy things that are supposed to go on that bed thing hivemind put in my room? Honestly I'm still getting used to not sleeping in a stone alcove. I don't need more stuff." Kol answered, once the meaning was clarified for her. leaning back in her seat a bit she stretched as the ship took off.

After a minute, she reached inside the collar of her suit and flipped a latch making it hiss, pulling her helmet off. The flames flickering in the windows making he faded streaks in her fur look more orange than gray. "Besides, At my age, I don't need another child to look after. Even my youngest grandchild would have defended herself better." she states staring straight at he wounded hunter, her expression more than a little disapproving.

_________________
Of course. Consider the Rangers destroyed.
Characters


Sat May 19, 2018 3:50 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 2620 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61 ... 66  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.