17th Century Fox

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: 17th Century Fox

Post by Hlaoroo »

Cedric opens his mouth to tell the captain that he is not, in fact, a little bird, and that he is, rather, a fine specimen of a black-headed gull but wisely changes after hearing the captain's threat.

~#~#~
Pepito doesn't wake or respond as he's laid in Tiki's pouch.

~#~#~
In the bilge, soot marks, claw marks and blood are visible on the timbers, evidence of the fighting and of Pinch's explosive traps. Having had a taste of the rats, the cats are also still in the bilge, pulling apart what appears to be an old pile of sacks, timbers and other debris but what is actually the city of the Bilgerats, abandoned by all but a stubborn few.

~#~#~
In the growing darkness, Tackle spots the boat carrying the burly humans to the ship. He doesn't, however, see the smooth shape of the otter gliding through the water not far from it. Deciding it's time to head below decks, he makes for the new city.
We'll have to call ourselves store-rats now... Doesn't have the same ring to it... he reflects as he comes upon Jin being ridden by the other rodent.
"Oh, Hello. It seems you were successful in delivering your message, Thomas. Well done. The humans are on their way. Hopefully that'll put a stop to this, if not buying us some more time."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

"Sure" Tiki grabs Pepito and sticks him in him ammo pouch. "you two had better get in there to, and try not and light the gunpowder."
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

LovingCorgi wrote:"Sure" Tiki grabs Pepito and sticks him in him ammo pouch. "you two had better get in there to, and try not and light the gunpowder."
"actually , I prefer somewhere with a little more air" the rat answer , climbing on top of Tiki's head
hypernovatic wrote: "I don't know, possibly outside. Maybe in the other tent." DUne replied, drinking out of the flask.
"Not gonna sleep with him?"
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Well, I was thinking about it, but I don't know." Dune replied.
-----
"I'll go in it." Stint said, crawling down into Tiki's ammo pouch.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

Blacks not asleep yet over heard dune and rocea and only blushed as he closed his eyes in his tent
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

hypernovatic wrote:"Well, I was thinking about it, but I don't know." Dune replied.
"aw come on hon , what's there to know ? If you want to , then do it , not like he's a stranger or anything" Rocea chuckled , a little bit of drunkenness was starting to slip into her voice "beside , guys love it when they wake up and see their dream gal next to them , you like him , he likes you , you get to do something you want and he would have a better morning tomorrow because of that , it's a win-win . But it's y'all business , so I'm just saying"
hypernovatic wrote:"I'll go in it." Stint said, crawling down into Tiki's ammo pouch.
"ok , I think we're all set , let's go my otter friend !"
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Dune sighed. "You're right. I'm just not used to this yet." she said.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Argent

Post by Argent »

By the time Eduardo reaches the hold he's surrounded by a dozen crewmembers, including the cook... a fearsome fellow armed with a cleaver the size of a machete.

"What in the name of all the saints is going on down here!" he roars.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Thank you sir."
Jin coughed dryly.
"Speaking of tah humans." The cat's ears twitched as he heard the crew get closer.
Ah probleh shouldn't be here when tha hammer comes down..."
-------------------------------------------------------
Argent wrote:"And how are you knowing this, I'm supposing a little bird told you?"
"Zwell, actually...."
Argent wrote:The captain calls for Eduardo and tells him to head back to the ship and see what's up, "... and if it's true, I'll be wanting an explanation from the skeleton crew what they're doing instead of keeping their pets under control. If you have to drown a few cats to make your point, don't hold yourself back."

The villainous mate grabs a couple of burly sidekicks and heads back to the Impudence fast as they can row, and the captain turns back to Rhyme.

"And if you're telling me a tale, you might as well start running now."
"What I say es not a lie Cap'ten." The dog responded confidently, but that didn't stop her from turning around and slowly retreating away from the pirate.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

hypernovatic wrote:Dune sighed. "You're right. I'm just not used to this yet." she said.
"try it dear , you might actually like it" the drunken wolf winked at Dune mischievously "Better make the most of today I always say " she said , seemingly about to say something else , but in the end decided not to
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"For someone who's been stranded on an island for months with no one to talk to besides a rat, you sure have a lot of advice about love and the sort." Dune said.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hotep the psychic

"shes got a point you know" bkacks said from his tent. he turned onto his back still unable to sleep for some strange reason.
___________5_
all the cats that were concerned in finding rats in the bilge turned from there destructive handiwork and stared at the many people before fleeing in many different directions yelling retreat and run for your lives.
ImageImageImage
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

hypernovatic wrote:"For someone who's been stranded on an island for months with no one to talk to besides a rat, you sure have a lot of advice about love and the sort." Dune said.
Hotep the psychic wrote:"shes got a point you know" bkacks said from his tent. he turned onto his back still unable to sleep for some strange reason.
"see ? even him agree with me , you have nothing to worry about" Rocea giggle "and since you were wondering , me and that guy went way back , we've seen a looooooooot of things together , including so many cute couples like you two , so ya know"
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Dune yawned. "Well, I hope you get a good night's sleep. I'll see you tomorrow." she said, walking out of Rocea's tent and into Blacks's. Dune layed down next to Blacks and curled into a ball.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hotep the psychic

blacks smiled once dune layed down. blacks got closer curling up as well before letting out a yawn and slowly passing into sleep "at least this makes up for the bad stuff in life" blacks thought
ImageImageImage
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

After the two foxes , accompanied by each other , had fallen into slumber , Rocea just sat there , looking at her new acquaintances with a small smile on her muzzle .
That was quite a time....... she thought , fond memories of her younger days came back to the wolf's mind through the coolness of the sea wind , the sound of the crashing waves , and the gentle light of the moon.
Has it already been years ?....wow it has hasn't it ? And now I feel old she chuckled at the thought , but then slowly stopped . The wolf would usually make jokes to herself , or find something to do ,just to keep the boredom away , but nights like this are hard to come by . Everything seemed so beautiful , so bright just by the moonlight's shinning . The surrounding was so quiet ,as if they too wanted to give those two the best slumber of their life . Seeing those two made her happy , the memories almost made her laugh in joy as she relived them . At nights like this , boredom doesn't exist . Only this wandering wolf , and the beauty of it all , and she wanted to make every second last.
Cheers , my love , for I still miss you even now she smiled , holding the flask up at the bight gem in the sky as if it someone was there , drinking with her , before taking another drink herself . What do you know ? Even the rum tasted divine.
Yes , tonight was one of those night , and she's gonna enjoy every last moment of it , drinking with the gentle lunar , for good old memories , and for a new tomorrow.....
Argent

Post by Argent »

The thing about the hold of a ship is that if you're not rat-sized, there's really only one way out... the hatch. And this hatch is occupied by a good half dozen burly humans.

After letting the cats run around for a while, Eduardo raises his musket and fires into a pile of rubbish. The dull crack of the powder sends a shock through the tightly confined quarters.

"Señor Carlos, get the longboat prepared. We have a cargo to take ashore."
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

Tiki secured his pouch around his neck so that it will float like a boat behind him. So that he doesn't hurt Pepito he swims slowly back to the ship. "Okay, we're here. you can come out of the pouch now." Tiki called to he rat passengers as he climbed up the side of the boat. "Now I assume you rats have medicine people under the boat so I can't follow you."
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

LovingCorgi wrote:Tiki secured his pouch around his neck so that it will float like a boat behind him. So that he doesn't hurt Pepito he swims slowly back to the ship. "Okay, we're here. you can come out of the pouch now." Tiki called to he rat passengers as he climbed up the side of the boat. "Now I assume you rats have medicine people under the boat so I can't follow you."
"alright" the rat on Tiki's head jumped off "Appreciate your help my friend.But now we must hurry . Do you know where we can find help for this guy ?" he asked , look from the otter to the other rat .
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Tackle slips into a crack in the wall.
"You should look busy, Jin, so they don't think you're with the other cats. And you should get out of sight, Thomas." Tackle spies a bucket in a corner.
"You should start swabbing the decks, Jin. If they see you with us they'll think you're with the other cats." Tackle motions for the other rat to follow him into the rat tunnels.

~#~#~
"I think I'll stay here for a while." Cedric tells Rhyme. "I'm getting a bit sick of that cat ordering me around."

~#~#~
Pepito faintly mumbles something about Tackle before slipping deep into unconsciousness again.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Yes, there's a healer down in the bilge, but we have to hurry." Stint replied. He grabbed Pepito and gestured for Ventus to follow him. When he got below deck, he headed towards the new city. Stint saw Tackle leading rats into the tunnels. "Tackle! Over here!" he called out.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hotep the psychic

pinch was now working to aid the training of new troops, he was easily hidden with the help of a new cloak. him and two others easily saw stint and others enter the city. "see silence is a key. as well as patience. training like this brings new ways to fight and find information. ill be training you two to train others. This will create a smaller force of specialized rats. now if youll excuse me I have to meet with the other groups. as an assignment I want you to find the three markers around the city without getting caught by the guards and bring them too me. dismissed" pinch said standing up before the other two nodded and left. pinch then walked back admiring the creation of the new city and accidently bumped into stint. "up sorry" pinch said turning quickly before seeing tackle and waving. "is there anything I can help you with?" pinch asked seeing everyone closer
ImageImageImage
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

At once, Walker scurried down Jin and followed the others through the rat tunnel at lightning speed.
"Sir, how did the battle go down here?" He couldn't imagine the results would be good, but he had to know anyways.

..."Hmmph. Swab tha deck."
The cat grumbled, mumbling about how it was such a demeaning job meant for human stowaways as he lumbered over to the bucket and picked it up. Afterwards he walked slowly down the hall towards the stairs that led to the deck of the ship, looking down in hopes that the crewmembers will think he's looking for dirty spots on the ground.
---------------------------------------
Rhyme scoffs.
"Jin es at it again?" The dog responds as she continues to walk down the shore of the Beach. She pauses for a moment to look at the tent housing all the 'miscreants' (at least that's what the captain says they are) of the crew. Rhyme inhales as the wind blew against her and raises an eyebrow, smelling a few new scents.
Shaking her head, she continues to walk along the beach.
"An why are you serving Jin, eh Mounsieur Seagull? Jin has metioned you, bét notzing specific."
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hotep the psychic wrote:pinch was now working to aid the training of new troops, he was easily hidden with the help of a new cloak. him and two others easily saw stint and others enter the city. "see silence is a key. as well as patience. training like this brings new ways to fight and find information. ill be training you two to train others. This will create a smaller force of specialized rats. now if youll excuse me I have to meet with the other groups. as an assignment I want you to find the three markers around the city without getting caught by the guards and bring them too me. dismissed" pinch said standing up before the other two nodded and left. pinch then walked back admiring the creation of the new city and accidently bumped into stint. "up sorry" pinch said turning quickly before seeing tackle and waving. "is there anything I can help you with?" pinch asked seeing everyone closer
"Yes there might actually is . We found this guy back on the island , he's in pretty bad shape , so if you can find us someone like a healer of some sort , that would be great"
Argent

Post by Argent »

The cats in the hold are rounded up, tied in sacks, and unceremoniously tossed into t he longboat. When they complain at the treatment, Eduardo responds that he'd be happier tossing them overboard without a boat under them. "Our capitán has a generous heart, but if we have to spend any more time on this stinking island because you've holed the ship that will not save you." He tosses his ringlets and sets the humans and remaining pets to cleaning up the mess and repairing the damage.
Hotep the psychic

Pinch nodded and quickley left. after some time he returned with another rat. "here they are healer." pinch said as the rat went ahead to help who needed it. "i dont beleive ive seen you here before. Im pinch"pinch said
ImageImageImage
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hotep the psychic wrote:Pinch nodded and quickley left. after some time he returned with another rat. "here they are healer." pinch said as the rat went ahead to help who needed it. "i dont beleive ive seen you here before. Im pinch"pinch said
"Nice to meet you Pinch , I'm Ventus , just got here from the island after meeting with these guys"
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"I'm Stint. It's nice to meet you." Stint greeted.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

hypernovatic wrote:"I'm Stint. It's nice to meet you." Stint greeted.
"same to you mate , and sorry I forgot to introduce myself to you back when we first met back there, the urgency kind of distracted me . Now let's find somewhere to lie your friend down so the healer can have a look at him."
Hotep the psychic

"there should be some space on the left, that way. theres been quite a few rats injured during the fight so that's your best chance on rooms. if you need me ill be at the barracks"pinch said dismissing himself with a small bow before walking off towards the barracks
ImageImageImage
Argent

Post by Argent »

And as Eduardo and his sidekicks head back to shore, the cook discovers the one cat remaining on the ship, Jin, industriously scrubbing at a long-dried bloodstain in the shadow of the foresail. The cat looks up to see the hefty sailor with his cutlass-sized cleaver looming over him.

"Hey you!" the cook yells. "What are you doing here?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Roarin wrote:At once, Walker scurried down Jin and followed the others through the rat tunnel at lightning speed.
"Sir, how did the battle go down here?" He couldn't imagine the results would be good, but he had to know anyways.
"I haven't the foggiest. I haven't spoken to Pinch again yet." Tackle recognises the rat being carried past.
"Pepito!?! What happened to you? What happened to him?" he demands of the rescuers of his friend. Having just heard Pinch giving the other rats directions to the healer and seeing him heading off, Tackle quickly grabs Pinch by the tail.
"Oh, no you don't. I want a full report before you go anywhere! You can tell me while we walk. This way, everyone. We've got to get Pepito to the healer." Tackle leads the way through the maze of tunnels.

~#~#~
"Well, we have a deal. Information for food. Plus he's a cat so he'll eat me if I don't help him."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote: "I haven't the foggiest. I haven't spoken to Pinch again yet." Tackle recognises the rat being carried past.
"Pepito!?! What happened to you? What happened to him?" he demands of the rescuers of his friend. Having just heard Pinch giving the other rats directions to the healer and seeing him heading off, Tackle quickly grabs Pinch by the tail.
"Oh, no you don't. I want a full report before you go anywhere! You can tell me while we walk. This way, everyone. We've got to get Pepito to the healer." Tackle leads the way through the maze of tunnels.
Ventus nodded , and quickly carry Pepito following the new rat , "We found him injured and unconscious like this back on the island , he didn't even respond to our calling anymore , just keep saying he has to get back to someone name "Tackle" , or at least that's what I think he said , could be just rambling from the fever "
Hotep the psychic

pinch rubs his tail a bit after the unknown yanking. "well sir after you left with everyone the cats had broken in immediatly. during the fight i was trying to get as many as i could out. we lost 20 rats then......i saved only 7 and myself. another 3 were wounded and were brought here. when i arrived i made sure they were alright and all then moved on to report to the barracks and aid training." pinch explained showing no sadness anymore to the event
ImageImageImage
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

serence ice fox wrote:
Hlaoroo wrote: "I haven't the foggiest. I haven't spoken to Pinch again yet." Tackle recognises the rat being carried past.
Ventus nodded , and quickly carry Pepito following the new rat , "We found him injured and unconscious like this back on the island , he didn't even respond to our calling anymore , just keep saying he has to get back to someone name "Tackle" , or at least that's what I think he said , could be just rambling from the fever "
"Exactly, I saw him limping out of the jungle." Stint said.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Tackle stops dead at this news and sighs. "Twenty! At this rate there'll be none of use left by the end of the week! Sally won't be pleased!" Then his thoughts return to the more pressing matter.
"I'll have more to say to you later, Pinch. For now you're dismissed. Lets keep moving, everyone. We've got to get Pepito to the healer. I'm Tackle so he probably wasn't rambling. Did he say anything else?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote:Tackle stops dead at this news and sighs. "Twenty! At this rate there'll be none of use left by the end of the week! Sally won't be pleased!" Then his thoughts return to the more pressing matter.
"I'll have more to say to you later, Pinch. For now you're dismissed. Lets keep moving, everyone. We've got to get Pepito to the healer. I'm Tackle so he probably wasn't rambling. Did he say anything else?"
"not that I know of are we almost there yet ? I'm sorry but I don't think he would last much longer like this"
Hotep the psychic

Pinch nodded before moving back to the barracks. at his arrival he began working on combat forms and tactics. Later after the two rats from earlier arrived with the markers he spoke of. proud pinch let them free for a short time and then moved to where rats were having trouble with sword play.
ImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Yes. In here." Tackle leads the way into a spacious yet cozy nest in which several other rats are lying injured or ill and are being ministered to by several healthy rats. Tackle heads straight for an elderly rat in the rear of the nest. Grey-whiskered and stooped, she is sniffing through a batch of herbs, throwing out ones that she declares are "No good!" and ordering her orderlies to find more of this and that in the fresh supplies the crew have been bringing aboard. Tackle embraces her briefly but warmly and then turns to the group of rats who've followed him in.
"Mother! We need your help! Pepito is injured - we don't know how - and he's fevered and unconscious."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hotep the psychic

Tackles mother grumbled before finding another handful of "bad herbs" hearing someone talking she turned to face tackle."Tackle! you ungratefull excuse for a rat there are no more good herbs for medicines! I might as well throw everything out and let the rats die of anything" tackles mother said throwing the handful of "bad herbs" at tackle before grumbling to herself "me and my son bringing me bad herbs time and time again with nothing fresh to use....I could find fresher herbs in a cats mouth than this". Tackles mother then soon trudges over to pepito when the rats set him onto a small bed, he pats his head gently and looks him over. "oh dear oh dear oh dear. poor rat. *tsk tsk tsk tsk tsk*....fever he says unconscious he says...doesn't know unconscious from wood" tackles mom went on saying as she continuously checked pepitos body
ImageImageImage