Reply to topic  [ 6413 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 157, 158, 159, 160, 161
HPU:Applegate 

Post Re: HPU:Applegate
Rena takes in a deep breath, then looks over to the others. "Why is it always long winded? I mean, it's rude to interrupt, but does it really need that much energy? 'People I know died,' it's that easy."

SoujiTheFox Wrote:
(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR

Why do I still find this funny?

Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:38 am
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"Who knows" the wolf shrugged, taking a sip from her wine bottle as she sat down on the balcony and took in the sunlight
"Years of a lot of bad things can do that to some. So, what're you kids gonna do?"

Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:03 am
Game Master

Janus sighed, feeling a deep sorrow for her, for the words she had spoken, for what she had suffered...and yet...
Hers was not an offer done on a serene soul, it was just another act of vengeance, no more noble than the monstrous sins commited by humans.
Hers wasn't a gift, a 'liberation' of sort, it was only a stronger act of push and shove. *How* could that bring serenity to the world, when animals themselves could be as faulty as humans, given the chance?
But he felt pity for her... "Hubert, is there something you can do for her? You had spoken about an offer..."
The dragon nodded. "And it still stands. A spirit unfulfilled is a damned spirit, she deserves better than this." he then vanished...

Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:06 am
Profile WWW
laughing maniacally

Leafolawl Wrote:
Rena takes in a deep breath, then looks over to the others. "Why is it always long winded? I mean, it's rude to interrupt, but does it really need that much energy? 'People I know died,' it's that easy."

"Some of what she said went over my head but that sounded like some deep government and military conspiracy stuff," Levi said. "I think i know a guy with connections to get that stopping if we win tonight."
Serence Frostbite Wrote:
"Who knows" the wolf shrugged, taking a sip from her wine bottle as she sat down on the balcony and took in the sunlight
"Years of a lot of bad things can do that to some. So, what're you kids gonna do?"

"I'm still gonna fight. and if we win, we need to get the good humans to make sure it's not the wrong choice, Like Levi said." Buster said, stating his resolve. "Our Uncle's a therapist for rich pets, his clientelle would pay anything to save us. And Janus, your mom's a lawyer, right? She probably knows people, or people who know people, at the very least. If what she said is true we have a chance of at least slowing it down."

Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:55 am
Game Master

It was at that moment that Hubert came back to the scene."
"It is done. The vixen's sole purpose is to exact her revenge, and unless *you* can stop her, nothing will be done on my part to prevent her." The dragon exposed that fact as if discussing the weather.
Janus' eyes popped out. "B-but...but your promise..."
Hubert nodded. "I will keep it. Though not as you might have intended. She is present as a unique singularity on this plane, no amount of time manipulation would serve, for it would also bring the adversary back to the point where we started.
"She explicetely said she would disappear for good once her job was done. So it is up to you all now, I will not interfere. But I will keep my promise."

The Czech Wolfdog blinked. He just didn't understand: how could it be possible to...
"Do you still have faith in me, my child? A promise of mine is not something I take lightly, you know it."
Janus nodded, hesitantly. "I have faith, that much I know."
"Good. See you soon." A wink, and the tiny creature was gone

Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:06 am
Profile WWW
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"If you're going to fight, then you'll need this" the wolf said, taking out the bullets from her guns, and tossed each bullet toward each of the pets. All of the bullets burst into small balls of black fire in mid air, and eventually hovering before their face, like some sort of ominous will-o'-wisp.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back within the deep forest, on top of the hill where Buster met the fox for the first time, the vixen sighed as Hubert vanished.
"I'm afraid we don't have much time left. This is the point of no return. I understand if any of us is having second thoughts. If you want to turn back from what's about to happen tonight, now is the time." She said, meeting eyes with a spirit of a bear with ruined eyes, a serpent whose body burned like charcoal, an owl whose wings were soak and broken, a pack of rats and bats, each bore marks of burn and boils, and then, to Meri.

Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:58 am

"A black ball?" Rena deadpans, squinting at the orb. "If ya haven't noticed, ah've been flyin' blind the whole time. Ah don't know magic, or what you're doin'—or heavens, even what ah'm doin'. All ah know is ah'm goin' into a fight of some kind armed with only everythin' ah learned while ah was still part of a hunting troupe against magic an' possibly more," the shiba continues, leaning to peer at the wolf. "So ah'm gonna need a little more instruction than 'take this,' namely because ah don't know what this is," she summarizes, pointing at the flame before her.

SoujiTheFox Wrote:

Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:42 am
laughing maniacally

Serence Frostbite Wrote:
Back within the deep forest, on top of the hill where Buster met the fox for the first time, the vixen sighed as Hubert vanished.
"I'm afraid we don't have much time left. This is the point of no return. I understand if any of us is having second thoughts. If you want to turn back from what's about to happen tonight, now is the time." She said, meeting eyes with a spirit of a bear with ruined eyes, a serpent whose body burned like charcoal, an owl whose wings were soak and broken, a pack of rats and bats, each bore marks of burn and boils, and then, to Meri.

"I'm prepared to build my cubs a better, safer world," the bear proclaimed
-------------
Serence Frostbite Wrote:
"If you're going to fight, then you'll need this" the wolf said, taking out the bullets from her guns, and tossed each bullet toward each of the pets. All of the bullets burst into small balls of black fire in mid air, and eventually hovering before their face, like some sort of ominous will-o'-wisp.

Buster and Levi both reached out to grab the fire. hopefully that's how they were supposed to take the power, singed fur smells horrible.

Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:08 am
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Leafolawl Wrote:
"A black ball?" Rena deadpans, squinting at the orb. "If ya haven't noticed, ah've been flyin' blind the whole time. Ah don't know magic, or what you're doin'—or heavens, even what ah'm doin'. All ah know is ah'm goin' into a fight of some kind armed with only everythin' ah learned while ah was still part of a hunting troupe against magic an' possibly more," the shiba continues, leaning to peer at the wolf. "So ah'm gonna need a little more instruction than 'take this,' namely because ah don't know what this is," she summarizes, pointing at the flame before her.

"touch it" the wolf said "It will manifest your soul into something you can fight with"
RandomGeekNamedBrent Wrote:
Buster and Levi both reached out to grab the fire. hopefully that's how they were supposed to take the power, singed fur smells horrible.

As their paws touched the fire, they can feel a sharp heat running from their fingers, up their arm and into their heart, then, as soon as it began, it ended, and the fire was no longer there
"yeah, like that"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RandomGeekNamedBrent Wrote:
"I'm prepared to build my cubs a better, safer world," the bear proclaimed

The vixen clenched her fist, then opened it to review shards of ice, each as big as a palm of hand, floating toward each and every spirits before her
"I will need a bit of time to open a portal for each of you to return to the time before your death. With these shards and the power they give, manifesting from your own will, you will be able to affect what would have happened back then. Whatever you choose to do, you must kill the human whose action led to your demise before it can take place, you will then find a small, dark flame, that is their essence. All I ask is for you to return it to me, for it will be the catalyst to realize your actions upon the past. Without it, history would remain the same. " she instructed. When the blind bear grabbed his shard, a light enveloped him, then his fur turned darker and darker, until he seemed to become a part of the night itself. When the charred serpent swallowed her shard, she grew larger as flames burst and covered her body, until she became a serpent of fire. The Owl, bats and rats all gathered their shards together, which shone brightly, then with a gust of wind, surrounded and lifted them all up in a ghostly green light, as their body faded in color until they were all green, transparent spirits.

Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:41 pm
Game Master

Janus did likewise... Whatever will happen to me, as long as Buster, Mom...everyone I love is safe, no sacrifice will be too hard. Here goes noth-
The black flame *wrapped* him, wrapped his body head to toe! It felt...warm, like a hug, as his pores absorbed every iota of that arcane power...
Janus felt as if some dramatic pose was in order, but in truth he just stood there, watching his own arms as they grew...thicker, stronger. he felt every sinew and muscle of his body grow firmer, felt new energies coursing in every cell. I feel like i could run to Canada! he thought in a flash of exaltation...
and when it was over, when the last fickle of black flame was absoberd, Janus Lagrange was still there.
he had just...improved. dramatically so. Not a bulging mass of muscle, but rather the fine-toned body he always dreamt he could have, had he not locked himself from life all these years!
For now and for all, he Was The Hunter!
"Cool!"

Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:10 am
Profile WWW

The shiba inu huffs, paw snatching up the flame...

For Rena, the forming is rather simple. A hunting knife, sized for dogs. The flame—for whatever reason—also licks up the side of her face briefly, causing her to wince. Her free paw goes up to clutch at her head, face screwed up briefly in pain... then she relaxes, sighing in relief. "Good... That headache was gonna be nothin' but a distraction."

SoujiTheFox Wrote:

Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:26 pm
laughing maniacally

Serence Frostbite Wrote:
As their paws touched the fire, they can feel a sharp heat running from their fingers, up their arm and into their heart, then, as soon as it began, it ended, and the fire was no longer there
"yeah, like that"

Neither the rabbit nor cat appeared any different. But that's because of their specific personal strengths.
Buster's strength lies in his analytical mind, a mind which now seemed to be working at a faster rate. the world almost seemed slow motion. Additionally, if he'd attempted to jump he'd find that the muscle density in his legs was higher than before, giving him better speed, agility, and kicking power.

Levi's muscle density had also increased, but all over his body. and trusting his gut, he tested another ability... he threw his kunai tag to his right and caught it as it came in from the left. His dreamwalking was leveled up, and he could instantaneously create paths through the spirit realm. "huh, instant transmission. neat."
------------
Serence Frostbite Wrote:
The vixen clenched her fist, then opened it to review shards of ice, each as big as a palm of hand, floating toward each and every spirits before her
"I will need a bit of time to open a portal for each of you to return to the time before your death. With these shards and the power they give, manifesting from your own will, you will be able to affect what would have happened back then. Whatever you choose to do, you must kill the human whose action led to your demise before it can take place, you will then find a small, dark flame, that is their essence. All I ask is for you to return it to me, for it will be the catalyst to realize your actions upon the past. Without it, history would remain the same. " she instructed. When the blind bear grabbed his shard, a light enveloped him, then his fur turned darker and darker, until he seemed to become a part of the night itself. When the charred serpent swallowed her shard, she grew larger as flames burst and covered her body, until she became a serpent of fire. The Owl, bats and rats all gathered their shards together, which shone brightly, then with a gust of wind, surrounded and lifted them all up in a ghostly green light, as their body faded in color until they were all green, transparent spirits.

Meri grabbed the shard in front of her... and the mother bear became Mother Nature. as she wished to protect her cubs, she would now defend nature from the evils of mankind, and she would have the aid of all the earth's vegetation. vines grew up and wrapped her body loosely.
(OOC: was kinda hard to come up with a poetically fitting power but Poison Ivy is good enough I think)

Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:59 am
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"Now that you kids got your ......let's just call them weapons. Now that you got your weapons, time to play a little warm up game" the wolf said, as if announcing in a sport event. In three distant corners of the city below, East, North and South, three pillars of light shot upward into the sky
"Get to those 3 places you see before you. Give each of them a resolution, and bring back whatever you find there."

Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 6413 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 157, 158, 159, 160, 161