MLP:FIM: Grand Castilia

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

exranio

Re: MLP:FIM: Grand Castilia

Post by exranio »

"She can't kill you if she never knows. First rule of being a first class thief. Plus how do you know you unleashed that guy? It's not like he said 'Thanks for letting me out' or a note that said 'By the way this is your fault.'" Locke said making his best impression of Hateful from memory. "Plus I broke the the seal on the door anyway. I'm the one that actually broke into the house, so if anyone unleashed him, it was me and I'm an expert at runnign away from all my problems." Stop freaking crying already! Pleeeeaaaaase you look so pathetic I might cry.
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
Daemon

Post by Daemon »

Daemon walked up to a nurse.

"Excuse me, can you tell me where I can find the pegasus known as Locke?"
(If you don't want me to intrude, just take over the nurse. I can understand a good sad moment.)
Once I was EmoPeanut, now I'm Daemon. I support Sabrina&Max. Got a problem with that?
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Locket glanced up from her clipboard, "Oh, you mean Locke Lavender? He's having a conversation with his cousin, Navy. I think she's upset about something, and he's had a long night: apparently there was a mishap with some unicorn magic and he was having heart palpitations... You should probably wait a bit, unless he's expecting you..." She gave him the room number anyway, pointing him in the right direction...

==== In the room ====
Navy shook her head, "No! Locke, the ponies who live here, they're my friends! I have to tell the Princess, I can't just let Hateful Shade start a new reign of terror in the town I've lived in since I left home! And when she comes to deal with him..." she stared at the wall, not even finishing the sentence... She shook her head out, "Locke, we have to figure out what to do about you: if there's an investigation, you have to get out of here before somepony recognizes you..." she grabbed his hoof, looking tearfully into his eyes, "I'm going to tell her what happened as soon as I get back to the library, and the last thing I want to happen is for you to get caught because of me..."

======== Shade Manor ========
Hateful Shade walked down a second floor hallway, leading to a large and important set of doors. He hesitated briefly in front of the doors, considering what he was about to do. He shook his head and, with determination, pushed the doors open: this was HIS house now, and the master bedroom which spread out before him was HIS rightful quarters. He looked about at the furniture: most of it had been removed, but what there was was covered by more sloppily placed sheets. He surveyed the rooms contents: the black drapery still hung from the window, the wrought-iron bedframe still held a rather large mattress, a black oak armoire still sat in the corner, and a manticore-hide rug lied on the ground. Hate smirked at that last bit: at least somepony at some time had shared his sense of style and class. His horn lit up, and the room came to life with it, the sheets dissipating into the air while the colors began to reshape themselves to match the tastes of their new owner. The drapes flew open, revealing a stunning view of the setting moon, and the armoire opened to reveal the regalia of the lordship of Grand Castilia, a remade version from the ones that his parents had worn. Hate glanced around, making a slightly annoyed expression of one design which seemed to have placed itself upon most of the decor: the Lunar crest. He closed his eyes and focused, causing the moon symbols to all waver into a new one: the lunar eclipse. He grinned, "Take that, princess..."
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
exranio

Post by exranio »

"No! Whaever you do don't do that!" He shouted. Locke took hold of Navy's head and spoke softly. "Listen. No one knows what happened. There is no evidence, no one is going to look in the house. Only three other ponies where with us, if any of them tell they'd be suspects too. You are perfectly fine." Locke sighed "We can handle Hatefulshade on our own kay. He's just a pony, we can handle this." Plus I bet those otherguys want revenge for their wing and horn. " Locke took the neckelace and put it around Navy's neck a second time, then pressed it against her chest. "Don't cry and try to look pretty." He closed his eyes and planted his lips on Navy's. It was a very short lived kiss, but heartfelt. Both from fear for oneself and concern for another.
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Navy's eyes widened from shock as he kissed her like nopony had kissed her before. For a moment, she just let him do it, her eyes softening and her eyelids lowering as if she wanted to return the kiss. After that moment though, she shook him off, pushing him away, "No... Locke... I..." she took a step back, shaking her head, "Locke, now's not the time for this:" she pleaded with him, "We're lucky to have made it out of there alive, and I'm scared that he's going to hurt somepony if I don't do something, and..." she closed her eyes, tearing up a little again, "I just don't want anypony else getting hurt because of me..."
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
exranio

Post by exranio »

The push surprised Locke, and he went back to slumping in his bed, "Fine, just don't go telling your princess while I'm still in the hospital. You can go home and wait for me to come out tomorrow. Just, try to be calm okay.... also make make sure the nurse doesn't see the necklace!" I need to see if that competent guy is willing to team up to go after hate. I know I'd want revenge if it was some one's fault I lost a wing. And that hornless one took down the monster, but I doubt he's useful anymore without magic. Plus his aim sucked. "O have my own ideas on how to handlethings. I'll see you tomorrow.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

out in the hall, a young purplish pegasus was galloping to the room with Shin. When she entered, she immediately said "Oh, thank Celestia you're alright. I came as soon as I heard that you..." Then she noticed something a bit off about her brother... and a bit off of him.
"Shiiiiiin? Please tell me you're laying on your wing awkwardly."
"I'm afraid not, Moon. I'm a one winged pegasus now. You should see the guy in the next bed over. He 's a unicorn without a horn."
Moondancer stood by her brother's bedside, still in shock over her brother's loss.
"b-but... how?"
"Oh, I got into a little fight," he said, before adding quietly "with a tentacled rage monster."
Moondancer's left eye began to twitch a little when she heard the last part.
"I was actually fine until it died and tossed me onto a knife on the ground. Oh, that reminds me. could you go tell the nurses that the knife they took out of me belonged to another pegasus that was likely admitted with me? I think he'd like it back."
"sure... I guess."
She then trotted out to speak with a nurse who was currently pointing another pony towards a patient's room.
"Excuse me. My brother says the knife you removed from his wing belongs to another pegasus that was probably brought in at the same time as him. He thinks he'll want it back, If that wouldn't be too much trouble."
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Daemon

Post by Daemon »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:out in the hall, a young purplish pegasus was galloping to the room with Shin. When she entered, she immediately said "Oh, thank Celestia you're alright. I came as soon as I heard that you..." Then she noticed something a bit off about her brother... and a bit off of him.
"Shiiiiiin? Please tell me you're laying on your wing awkwardly."
"I'm afraid not, Moon. I'm a one winged pegasus now. You should see the guy in the next bed over. He 's a unicorn without a horn."
Moondancer stood by her brother's bedside, still in shock over her brother's loss.
"b-but... how?"
"Oh, I got into a little fight," he said, before adding quietly "with a tentacled rage monster."
Moondancer's left eye began to twitch a little when she heard the last part.
"I was actually fine until it died and tossed me onto a knife on the ground. Oh, that reminds me. could you go tell the nurses that the knife they took out of me belonged to another pegasus that was likely admitted with me? I think he'd like it back."
"sure... I guess."
She then trotted out to speak with a nurse who was currently pointing another pony towards a patient's room.
"Excuse me. My brother says the knife you removed from his wing belongs to another pegasus that was probably brought in at the same time as him. He thinks he'll want it back, If that wouldn't be too much trouble."
Daemon turned, noticing the mare. Her black mane shone with a healthy light, while the blue highlights subtly stuck out, making her hair color seem very different from most others. Her dark pink/red body was tall, but seemed to be an average weight. Her cutie mark seemed show a pony dancing while flying next to the moon. Daemon then added all the things he had noticed and his results were this:

1. She brushed and shampooed her hair often.
2. She may try to keep healthy on a daily basis, or her family only has enough for necessities
3. Her cutie mark seemed to be flying or dancing in the sky.
4. She was hot as heck.

Bad Daemon, that isn't a logical assumption. Daemon chided himself, but it was a fact, this pegasus was a very attractive mare.

Wait... what if she had been staring the entire time I had been staring at her... oh boy.
Once I was EmoPeanut, now I'm Daemon. I support Sabrina&Max. Got a problem with that?
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

exranio wrote:The push surprised Locke, and he went back to slumping in his bed, "Fine, just don't go telling your princess while I'm still in the hospital. You can go home and wait for me to come out tomorrow. Just, try to be calm okay.... also make make sure the nurse doesn't see the necklace!" I need to see if that competent guy is willing to team up to go after hate. I know I'd want revenge if it was some one's fault I lost a wing. And that hornless one took down the monster, but I doubt he's useful anymore without magic. Plus his aim sucked. "O have my own ideas on how to handlethings. I'll see you tomorrow.
Navy sighed, "Alright... I won't tell them tonight... But if we can't contain this, I'm going to have to tell her..." She turned and started heading out the door, glancing over her shoulder one last time, "See you tomorrow, Locke..."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Moondancer noticed the grey pony watching her. She had delivered her message and was done with the nurse, she turned to him and said, "Hi. I'm Moondancer. Are you here visiting someone?" She smiled at him.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Daemon

Post by Daemon »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Moondancer noticed the grey pony watching her. She had delivered her message and was done with the nurse, she turned to him and said, "Hi. I'm Moondancer. Are you here visiting someone?" She smiled at him.
Daemon nodded.

"Navy Blue's, 'cousin' Locke... I need to talk to him about something." But Daemon smiled. "But I think I can spare a few minutes for a beautiful mare such as yourself.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"Well, I'm visiting my brother, but It's not like his wing will get any more gone if I spend some time with a gentlecolt."
then she saw his smile. with pointy teeth.
"Umm... is there a story behind those teeth? because I've read about evil creatures that look like ponies except for that. I want to make sure I'm not going to die," she said, laughing slightly nervously.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Daemon

Post by Daemon »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"Well, I'm visiting my brother, but It's not like his wing will get any more gone if I spend some time with a gentlecolt."
then she saw his smile. with pointy teeth.
"Umm... is there a story behind those teeth? because I've read about evil creatures that look like ponies except for that. I want to make sure I'm not going to die," she said, laughing slightly nervously.
Daemon sighed, his mood worsening.

"I'm a Northen Pony, due to different enviroments and not a lot of vegatation, ponies from the North evolved to be able to eat meat and plant life. However, Northen ponies are not trusted by other ponies.. due to their different tastes. However there is one rumor I would like to dispel before it spreads: I am not a cannibal. I can eat plant life or meat, but I do not eat ponies." Daemon finish his rant.

"Now that I have gotten passed the awkward, tedious, explanation, do you feel less inclined to run away screaming?" Daemon said in a dry tone, a smirk plastered on his face.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"Much less. Sorry, I had to be sure. apparently my brother just lost a wing in a fight with a rage monster."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Daemon

Post by Daemon »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"Much less. Sorry, I had to be sure. apparently my brother just lost a wing in a fight with a rage monster."

Daemon eyes turned sympathetic.

"It must be hard for a pegasus to lose his wing. A part of their being, one they use for daily activities, just gone. It makes you think." Daemon mused, but then smiled.

"But I'm sure your brother will recover just fine. Your brother is Shin right? You have a very strong brother, he didn't even seemed fazed by the loss of his wing."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"heh. Yeah, strength is his middle name... and I actually mean that. Our parents were a bit weird." she rubbed the back of her neck with her hoof "anyway, at least he can still make a living without it."
Last edited by RandomGeekNamedBrent on Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Daemon

Post by Daemon »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"heh. Yeah, strength is his middle name... and I actually mean that. Our parents were a bit weird. anyway, at least he can still make a living without it."
"I think Shin will be just fine with a optimistic sister such as yourself." Daemon smiled.

I could try to stop talking to her and go blackmail Locke, or I can continue talking to Moondance and maybe get a potential date. Choices, Choices... screw it, I can worry about Locke later!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Daemon wrote:"I think Shin will be just fine with a optimistic sister such as yourself." Daemon smiled.

I could try to stop talking to her and go blackmail Locke, or I can continue talking to Moondance and maybe get a potential date. Choices, Choices... screw it, I can worry about Locke later!
"So, uhh... you wanna grab a bite to eat some time? I don't think they serve meat here, but you said you can eat plants too, right?"
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Daemon

Post by Daemon »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Daemon wrote:"I think Shin will be just fine with a optimistic sister such as yourself." Daemon smiled.

"So, uhh... you wanna grab a bite to eat some time? I don't think they serve meat here, but you said you can eat plants too, right?"
Daemon smiled.

"Sure, I would love too."
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

As those two stood and talked, a new mare walked down the hall and into the room where Penwrite and Shin were staying, her silver slipper-clad hooves clicking on the hospital floor, ponies she passed gasping or staring in mute shock at the glowing gems where her eyes should have been. Galaxy wore a slim purple and gold bodysuit that matched the metal briefcase at her side, her long pink, orange, and red mane and tail in ponytails.

"Ohhh Penny..." she whispered, stopping beside the bed of the slumbering stallion. Her lips curled up into a grin, then she reared back, took a deep breath, and then cast an amplification spell. "PENWRITE! WAKE UP YOU SLEEPING BEAUTY!"

Penwrite peeked out from the pony-shaped hole his body had made in the wall, staring in abject shock at the mare currently running at him with her lips puckered. "Y-you live in Canterlot! How'd you even know I was hurt!?" No, wait, stay back!" His hurts suddenly forgotten, Pen leaped from his wall crater and ran around the room, screaming like a filly, Galaxy chasing after him.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Navy left Locke's room with a sigh, but straightened up a bit in the hallway. She passed by nurse Locket on the way out, slowing as she passed her, "Locket, you dropped this." She held out her hoof, offering Locket the irreplaceable heirloom that Locke had stolen from her.
Locket gasped as she snatched it from her, immediately opening it to look at the pictures of her parents which had been set into the spaces. After all, as Navy knew, their death had been the reason for her cutie mark... She looked back up to thank Navy as she firmly re-secured it around her neck...
Navy hadn't even stopped to talk though, and the doors at the end of the hall were already swinging behind her...

Hate walked about the house, doing a quick sweep to make sure everything was in order. He'd been particularly upset by some of the damage which the rampaging intruders had caused, but most of it would be repairable...

He came, finally, to the Library where he'd finally confronted the intruders, after they'd somehow managed to defeat the demon Misi̱tós. Perhaps a bit of indulgence wouldn't hurt him, even though it was quite late...

He strode into the library, glancing at the books which had been scattered on the floor. With a sigh, he lit his horn, the room's magic taking control as the books returned to their places on the shelves. He gave a nod as the room did its work, and began surveying the collection for his favorite works, noting that a new set of shelves and books had been added in the time since his last visit: that would be a treat to read. He grinned as his eyes passed over works by brilliant unicorns like Starswirl the Bearded, Clover the Clever, Marelin, Thomas Equinus, Immaneuel Kant, Siddhartha Griffon, Soarin Kloudgaard:... but... one author in particular seemed to be missing... He stopped, looking at the bare spot on the shelf... He glanced up and around, looking to see if it had been moved, perhaps someone had reorganized the library in some way? He lit up his horn, reaching out to the library to show him to the book... He found no answer, and the pit of his stomach began to sink... His eyes darted downward, glancing at the piles of dust and charred book chunks lying on the floor....

He let out a roar of anger, his horn flashing as tentacles shot out to grab a few shelves worth of books and throwing them violently to the other wall of the library: they'd destroyed it! One of his most prized books, and the unicorn had hit it with one of his poorly aimed spells! His horn flashed again, hurtling another set of books in his rage: an irreplaceable heirloom, and the unicorn had reduced it to ashes to protect the burglars!

Suddenly he dropped to the ground, gasping and sputtering, his eyes wide with horror. Now he couldn't escape the image in his mind: his mentor, his friend, one of the greatest unicorns of the era, lying beaten before him before he struck the final blow, his last words still echoing clearly in his mind...

"You shall regret many things, Master Shade..."

======== Grand Castilia ========
Navy walked down the street in the cool, still air of the night, clouds visible above the ground: the last of the night mist, most of which would fail to settle before the dawn. Her thoughts were reeling like a broken ship on the tempest of her mind, still trying to navigate and chart the events of the night that had just transpired. The ponies of Grand Castilia... They were her friends. She saw them every day, helping to find the book or report they needed when they needed it. They'd all trusted her...

...And if she couldn't stop Hate quickly, they'd all pay for her hubris...

She started sniffling again, tears rolling down her face as she walked home to the library, finally beginning to come to terms with her anxiety. She entered through the back, stumbling through the door and to the stairs...

She flicked on the lights in her quarters, dragging her hooves across the floor as she made her way to her bedroom... She let the saddlebags slide from her waist on her way to the bed, where she simply flopped down on her stomach, hoping to just pass out right there...

...She wasn't so lucky....
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Daemon wrote:Daemon smiled.

"Great. but right now, don't you have someone to talk to?"
Penwrite wrote:As those two stood and talked, a new mare walked down the hall and into the room where Penwrite and Shin were staying, her silver slipper-clad hooves clicking on the hospital floor, ponies she passed gasping or staring in mute shock at the glowing gems where her eyes should have been. Galaxy wore a slim purple and gold bodysuit that matched the metal briefcase at her side, her long pink, orange, and red mane and tail in ponytails.

"Ohhh Penny..." she whispered, stopping beside the bed of the slumbering stallion. Her lips curled up into a grin, then she reared back, took a deep breath, and then cast an amplification spell. "PENWRITE! WAKE UP YOU SLEEPING BEAUTY!"

Penwrite peeked out from the pony-shaped hole his body had made in the wall, staring in abject shock at the mare currently running at him with her lips puckered. "Y-you live in Canterlot! How'd you even know I was hurt!?" No, wait, stay back!" His hurts suddenly forgotten, Pen leaped from his wall crater and ran around the room, screaming like a filly, Galaxy chasing after him.
Shin watched as Pen ran around the room being chased by a strange, jewel-eyed pony. but where most of the other ponies were shocked to see her, he was reminded of a character he'd read about.
"Wow, I didn't know anypony actually had jewels for eyes."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Immediately upon hearing this comment Galaxy stopped chasing after Pen and went over to Shin's bed. "Oh, you like them? I wasn't born with these, but I needed new eyes after a new firework design I was working on exploded inches from my face. My friend Glory Belle made these for m-oh!" She turned to the still-running around Pen and smiled. "Maybe we could get her to make you a gem horn, honey-bunch!"

"I'M NOT YOUR HONEY-BUNCH!" Pen ran out of the room, his thoughts only on escaping while he still could. The next moment though he poked his head back in. "Although, a gem horn would be kinda cool. But that's not important right now! I need to find Navy before she does something stupid!"
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Navy sighed, unable to even relax enough to start falling asleep... There was too much on her mind...

She pulled her head up and glanced down at the saddlebags she'd discarded: they still had the books in them, and reading always made her feel better. The blue Earth Pony slid from the bed and opened the saddlebags. She glanced through the books, quickly finding the one which she realized would be the best read: the more you know about your enemy, the more you understand how to defeat them. And what better way to understand an enemy than from their own words...

She took the book to her study desk, turned on the lantern, and set down to read the notebook of one of the most violent figures in Equestrian History...
My name is Hateful Shade, sixth son of the sixth generation of the noble Shade family. I was given this book to start writing down the important events of my life, as I am now in my twelfth year, and as a member of a noble house, the things which I do may some day be of historical importance. I do not believe this to be true, however: I am but a simple unicorn, no matter how noble, and I wish not the honor or glory which drives us to great deeds. It is my interest to stay with my books and become a reclusive alchemist, as to unlock the secrets of the universe is the only worthy deed I can see myself fit for. I fear this dream may never be, however...

Soon, I am told, I will be sent to Fort Canterlot to join the military, as I am too far down the line of succession to ever rule Grand Castilia, the lands over which my family resides. Since this is my private journal, I am told I may be candid and privy, as none shall read its pages until after I am gone. To tell such truth, I am quite terrified. Horrified. Mortified. Shaking in my horseshoes. Whatever other phrases the great writers might have used to describe it, I read more and more every day, and the more I do, the more I am convinced that I shall not live to my eighth-teenth birthday.

As one who reads this will likely be aware of, there has been deterioration in the diplomatic ties between our fair nation of Equisteria and the neighboring griffon kingdom. Each day, the situation worsens, as the gods of the Griffons bicker with the gods of our people. Each day, Celestia and Cloudsdale have pleaded, but it has become apparent that time is growing short... What if war breaks out while I am in the guard? I have read much of the griffons, and to tell the truth they are quite terrifying, able to rend and devour a pony in one leap... Our only advantage in such a fight would be the magic of the unicorn race, and I fear that, as a talented unicorn myself, there is no way I will be reserved to guard duty...

I am being sent to a killing field, and have not even found my cutie mark... Sweet Celestia, dearest Luna, I don't want to die...
(( Adding interest, adding interest... that's what I like to do.... ))
Daemon

Post by Daemon »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Daemon wrote:Daemon smiled.

"Great. but right now, don't you have someone to talk to?"
Penwrite wrote:As those two stood and talked, a new mare walked down the hall and into the room where Penwrite and Shin were staying, her silver slipper-clad hooves clicking on the hospital floor, ponies she passed gasping or staring in mute shock at the glowing gems where her eyes should have been. Galaxy wore a slim purple and gold bodysuit that matched the metal briefcase at her side, her long pink, orange, and red mane and tail in ponytails.

Shin watched as Pen ran around the room being chased by a strange, jewel-eyed pony. but where most of the other ponies were shocked to see her, he was reminded of a character he'd read about.
"Wow, I didn't know anypony actually had jewels for eyes."

Daemon nodded. "I need to talk to Locke."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Shin just watched and laughed a little at the scene before him.
Daemon wrote:Daemon nodded. "I need to talk to Locke."
"well, you should probably go see him, it is pretty late. I'll be in the room right over there," she said indicating towards the room that a hornless unicorn had just run out of. "That is, unless you'd like me to go with you."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Daemon

Post by Daemon »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Shin just watched and laughed a little at the scene before him.
Daemon wrote:Daemon nodded. "I need to talk to Locke."
"well, you should probably go see him, it is pretty late. I'll be in the room right over there," she said indicating towards the room that a hornless unicorn had just run out of. "That is, unless you'd like me to go with you."
Daemon shook his head. ""No, I'm fine."
Daemon said, and he turned and entered Locke's room.

""We need to talk, thief."
exranio

Post by exranio »

Locke lazily looked over to his new guest. Only giving his neck the slightest bit of a turn. "Dude, what is your problem? First off I have a name. Secondly, it's nice to knock. Thirdly, who the hay are you?" Needed to deal with this guy anyway.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Navy was intrigued by the new knowledge of Hate's past: she'd already learned a bit about his early-development. Something about the two mentions of the number six were bugging her though.... She had a feeling that it was something important about that that she wasn't connecting... She pulled a blank notebook out of her desk and made a few notes about the first page:
Hateful's journal - First entry
Hateful Shade: 6th child, 6th generation, Shade family. (What is 6 from?)
Aged 12, keeping journal for future historians. (possibly on parent request? More Shade journals would exist in that case...)
Does not think he will be famous or want to be. (lying?) Wants to become a "reclusive alchemist".
Will be sent to join military: too far down line. Terrified: writing private info in journal.
References breakdown of diplomatic ties with United Griffon Kingdom. (cross reference with Pony-Griffon war which happened at this time)
Mentions "Cloudsdale" as being close to Celestia. (References to pony named Cloudsdale exist in other historical works up to this point, but stop around the time of Nightmare Moon.)
Hateful worries that he will be sent to fight in the war: casualties were historically quite slanted in the early days.
Prayer to Celestia and Luna. (he later tried to assassinate Celestia)
Seems to have some anxiety issues.
She set the pencil down and pushed her notebook aside, taking a deep breath. Like most historical figures, Hateful's early life was much unlike the rest of his life. She had a feeling she'd start reading the ramblings of a more depraved mind in a moment...

She got up and walked to her kitchen fetching herself a cup of water which she carried back in her teeth, sitting back down at her desk. She reopened the journal to its second entry, reading this one now...
Hateful Shade wrote:I have not written in this book for several days, but my terrible anxiety problem has been a burden lately, and I believe that writing will help.

Princess Luna, our patron, is currently taking a trip to visit the various houses of the land, as they are in her stewardship during Celestia's long periods of absence. She will be raising the moon from our balcony tomorrow night, and will sit down to dine and speak with our family. She has traveled here befc I have'met'her several times before, but this will be the first that I might speak to her at length, which is a great honor. I have a great hope that I can contain myself and put on a very honorable front as the princess is our leige and ruler of all the land and to disgrace her is dishonor upon my family and oh clop oh clop This is making me even more anxious...

Today I was in town, and I went by the bakery. Such wonderful berry-pies miss Apple makes, I enjoy them quite thoroughly. I went by the library... Such a drab old building... We've made some plans to build a bigger one, but there is not much use for books to the common-ponies. That's what father says at least.... It was a stilll day, so I watched the pegasi drive the windmills a bit... It is interesting to think that before our nation was founded they were a different nation entirely. Now their unique culture fades as they slowly grow to accept that of the Unicorn and Earth Movers, and I wonder how much will remain in a few hundred years. I'd like to be around to see that...

Also, I ran into Sunfire as well... It's hard to talk to her somet She's quite beauti I think she I like her. Her mane is such a beautiful mix of oranges and reds, her hide a shining amber, her teeth straight and ivory, her flank plu She's pretty to look at, and it's hard to keep eye contact when I talk to her. There.
Navy couldn't help but giggle as she read: Hateful had apparently taken interest in a mare when he was young, and it was quite cute... Her smile faded as she stared into the space on the wall above her desk... Hateful Shade, one of the most evil ponies in history, had had a crush on a girl, who lived in Grand Castilia... The implications of reading such things... She wasn't sure how to cope with that...

She cringed a bit as she glanced back at that part of the page: that description reminded her of Sunset... Maybe an ancestor? The entry had ended with that... But there was a few scratched out lines below it where Hateful had made an attempt at writing a poem. It looked like he'd failed horribly though...

Navy sighed, taking a sip of water... She wondered if any of this would be useful, and took down more notes...

(( I'ma just keep goin' with this, while Penwrite apparently comes to talk to her at some point? ))
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Daemon wrote:Daemon shook his head. ""No, I'm fine."
As Daemon walked away, Moon headed back to shin's room, but the unicorn was still standing there.
"Excuse me, I need to get throu..." she said before noticing the jewel-eyed pony in the room. "ummm... hi."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Daemon

Post by Daemon »

exranio wrote:Locke lazily looked over to his new guest. Only giving his neck the slightest bit of a turn. "Dude, what is your problem? First off I have a name. Secondly, it's nice to knock. Thirdly, who the hay are you?" Needed to deal with this guy anyway.
Daemon smirked.

"I'm a gambler, Locke. And I'm not a nice pony, so I don't care if I don't knock." Daemon said calmly.
"My problem is that if ponies knew who you were, you would go to jail." Daemon began to smirk.

"Well actually even though your a thief and you have a price on your head, you have also angered of Hateful Shade and may be the cause of his wrathful attack. Hmm, I wonder what Celestia would do to you if she found out... something horrible I'm SURE." Daemon smirked.

"Too bad I don't have any good reason not to tell the authorities. But maybe I could even tell the ponies who want you dead, I'm sure I'll get good money from the bounty."

"However, lucky for you, I may have things that I need to be done, which only a pony like you could do with your special talents." Daemon finished his speech.

"Do I make myself clear?"
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

By this point, Penwrite had left the hospital and made quite a spectacle of himself trotting through the streets of Grand Castilia. He had stopped screaming as soon as he noticed Galaxy wasn't following him, perhaps busy with something or other at the hospital. Perhaps meeting with the other ponies who had been hurt to find the one responsible. At this thought he shuddered.

"I almost feel bad for that Locke guy...at least he's already in a hospital, heh..."

A twinge of pain in his leg made Pen slow to a steady walk. He looked around to see where he was and found he had ended up just a block or two away from the library. At this he thought about everything that had happened the past day, and slowed to a stop. He needed to go talk to her. She had, unintentionally at least, gotten them all so deeply hurt, made him get rid of his own horn and magic...but he still had to make sure she was okay.

The library door wasn't locked. He walked inside and almost immediately saw Navy at a table, reading a book. "Navy?"
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

(( Actually, she's in her quarters, on the third floor, but let's say he climbed the stairs and she forgot to lock all the doors. I like that idea... ))
I cannot even begin to find words to describe what has happened. I am both in shock and awe... The Princess... Princess Luna, Ruler of all Equisteria, and I... I cannot believe that I...

Ok. Let me start from the beginning.

It is quite after midnight as I write this, though sleeping after the sunrise is a trait of our family. I last wrote here on yesterday's eve, when I told you of Her Royal Majesty, Princess Luna's visit. I stood in the crowd on the lawn with my siblings as my parents presented her to the crowd and she raised the moon from our front balcony. It was... It was a sight so indescribably sublime, to see a Goddess raising Her heavenly body, that one must see it themselves... I believe I may have shed tears at it, and I know my sister, Heartwarming, did so...

After the raising, our parents called us to the observatory lounge above the library to
---
Penwrite wrote:"Navy?"
Navy jumped, nearly knocking over her cup, but grabbing it with a hoof before she could spill any water on the priceless book. (she had experience with that...) She looked up at Penwrite, "P-Penwrite... How did you..." she shook her head, closing the book and straightening up, "How did you get in here?" She tried to shake the fright, but her voice was still timid and wavering from the anxiety of the night, which seemed to rush back into her as she stared at Penwrite in the dim lighting of her private quarters...
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Penwrite glanced over his shoulder out the door, then walked closer to Navy at the table. He tried to smile, but it came off strained and as tense as he felt. "You didn't lock any of the doors...Navy, we need to talk."

Meanwhile, at the Hall of Evi-I mean, the local hospital, Galaxy had bid the ever-so-polite Shin a goodbye, with a promise to visit him again and talk about manga, and now wandered the halls for Penwrite. Hearing some voices coming from one room, she poked her head in and saw Locke and Daemon talking. "Hello?"
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Navy got to her hooves, trembling still. In the light, he could see that her eyes were bloodshot and haggard, with drooping bags under them: it looked like she'd been crying, and she was definitely sleep deprived...

She stepped towards him, looking at the stump where of his horn was. She raised a hoof to touch it, seemingly in a state of sleepwalking, and spoke again in that trembling voice, "Does it... Hurt...?"
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Penwrite reached up and ever-so-carefully gave the horn stump a poke. A tremor passed through his body, along with a quick shock, like the kind gotten when touching an electric fence. He sighed, frowned, and then went to sit down at the table Navy had been at until a few moments ago. "It more feels like...something should be there, but isn't. Like after you get your wisdom teeth removed."

He looked up at her and his frown deepened. He saw how she looked and figured she was mentally punishing herself enough for everything that had happened, and in his heart he had already forgiven her. He would always forgive her. But he still needed to say something. "What really hurts is how you hit me on the head with that box yesterday. Basically betrayed me, a friend, for a pony you couldn't have known for more than a few hours. I want to understand why."
exranio

Post by exranio »

Life, it always gets better. Locke turned back to the ceiling and began speaking in a tone that couldn't possibly sound any less interested. "So, some random little gampler rolls into town, decides he recognizes me and then thinks He can jus black mail me to do whatever it is you want me to do." Locke turned onto his side towards his blackmailer "Lucky for you, I like jobs," he grinned "Just one little thing, snatch me up 8 pairs of socks. And no crap socks either, I need good soft quality socks! Then I'll do whatever you want."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

(( Oh, hey, just saw this... ))
Penwrite wrote:He looked up at her and his frown deepened. He saw how she looked and figured she was mentally punishing herself enough for everything that had happened, and in his heart he had already forgiven her. He would always forgive her. But he still needed to say something. "What really hurts is how you hit me on the head with that box yesterday. Basically betrayed me, a friend, for a pony you couldn't have known for more than a few hours. I want to understand why."
(( Because it was funny, duh. Man don't make me go explaining my gags... ))
Navy sort of stumbled over after him, still staring at him with bloodshot eyes. The light from the lamp on the desk illuminated her face even more: she didn't look seductive at all right now, more just pathetic. "I... was trying to... protect you... I didn't want you to get involved... I'm... Dangerous..." She walked up to him and took his head in one of her arms, pulling it into her neck, "I'm... So sorry... It's all my fault..." she started sobbing again, "This is all my fault... I'm so so sorry..."

Hateful Shade once wrote:It is quite after midnight as I write this, though sleeping after the sunrise is a trait of our family. I last wrote here on yesterday's eve, when I told you of Her Royal Majesty, Princess Luna's visit. I stood in the crowd on the lawn with my siblings as my parents presented her to the crowd and she raised the moon from our front balcony. It was... It was a sight so indescribably sublime, to see a Goddess raising Her heavenly body, that one must see it themselves... I believe I may have shed tears at it, and I know my sister, Heartwarming, did so...

After the raising, our parents called us to the observatory lounge above the library to spend time with the princess, informally.
Hate stood in the observatory lounge, above the library he'd been in before. He'd pulled the sheets back off the furniture, which was somewhat different than he'd remembered, but had retained generally the same styling and coloration which the room was built for... He'd rearranged the furniture, which had been moved, and it now looked much like a revamped version of what he'd remembered...

He strode over to the chair his father had sat in on that fateful night, pacing himself on the soft cushion. He glanced around the room at the places where he, his siblings his mother and... the princess had sat. He glanced over at the fireplace and, with a flash of his horn, it lit itself. He watched the fire, his eyes glazing over in memory...

---- Over 1000 years ago ----
Princess Luna chuckled, clapping her hooves together, "Oh, that was quite the match, are you in one piece, master Serenity?"
Serenity pulled himself to his hooves, rubbing his forehead around his scorched horn, "Er... Yes, your highness... I believe so..."
The princess chuckled again, lighting her horn to sip more of the everfree berry wine she was drinking, "Integrity, Melody, why didn't you tell me young Hateful was so good at this?"
Hate stood proudly to the side, listening as his father bragged about his youngest son. As the night had progressed, they'd moved onto a sort of "game" in which unicorns would test their power against each other by firing beams of magic at each other's horns. Even at 12 years old, Hate had bested all of his siblings, much to the princess's entertainment.
"Hmm... Integrity, what do you think... Perhaps he's even stronger than you?"
The former night-watchpony chuckled, "Surely you think more highly of me, your majesty. He's strong, but I don't think he'd beat a member of your own guard..."
Luna grinned, "Do I detect a hint of fear?"
"Not at all!" he hopped off the chair, throwing off his cape and regalia...
"Uh... Father...?"
"Don't worry, Hate, I'll take care for you..." He planted his hooves firmly on the floor, lighting up his horn and weakly beginning to wrestle with Hate.
At first, it seemed like he would overpower his son: after all, he was much more powerful than any of his children. He grinned, "See princess? There's nothing I can't handle!"
"Actually..." Hate said, beginning to grin back, "I've been holding back this whole time..." His horn lit up even brighter, and his father's face fell in surprise as he worked to match it.
Luna grinned, "Some warrior you've turned out to be..."
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Sunset cantered through the hospital, holding get well soon balloons for her friends with her magic. She looked around from room to room, attempting to find Penwrite, "Hello? Penny? Where are you? Penwrite?" She called out to him as she trotted through the hallways, oblivious to how annoying her loud calling could be to the patients and guests.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Shin heard Sunset in the hallway. "Hey, Sunset. In here," he called to her.

Moondancer just sat next to the bed.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets