HPU: Blue Peak Shore

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

thrasherblades

Re: Blue Peak Shore

Post by thrasherblades »

''...Okay....I think I'll follow you...'' Lars replied. ''I think a little more elaboration on HOW am I supposed to be the island. Am I supposed to feel something or what?? I'm really confused...plus how do I get out of this dark void I'm in...''
HP Universe's Furry Guitarist LEHUSKEH. I offer lessons exclusively on Skype. PM if interested ;)
valerio

Post by valerio »

<Right now you are not being confined to your body.>
<If you can't see a dor, it's because you are the door.>
<Open yourself to the breeze in the trees, to the water cascading over the rocks, to the branches rustling everywhere.>
<Be the island.>
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

''Uhm right. Okay leseee...'' Lars said as he began releasing himself slowly into becoming the island.

So he figured that if he must become the island, he must have some certain control of at least a moving thing like water or the wind, or feel a pulse such as the heartbeat of a tree or a flower...but he just couldn't feel somethin-

WAIT

''Uhm.....Athena, Diana...is this it??'' Lars asked, amazed at what he was witnessing to himself. His entire body was now transformed into a translucent blue, and he felt a coolness of a liquid flow within him. It felt like....a river of some sort. He had felt the pulse of the rapid moving water and its inhabitants like fish and other small marine life.

''Alright...uh...can you fill me in on what's going on? I feel like I'm part of some small lake or river or something....''
HP Universe's Furry Guitarist LEHUSKEH. I offer lessons exclusively on Skype. PM if interested ;)
valerio

Post by valerio »

<You are part of the island.>
<Let yourself flow with the river.>
<Be the stream, until you come back from where you started.>
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

It was past 9 PM when Dimitar finished the small crude altar. He was aware that he might fail with this, but even thinking of that was not an option. He had to complete the ritual successfully, for both his Father, Ivan and Balkan. He knew he'll be watched not only by mortal eyes, but in such a clear night - from the stars and the moon as well... tonight would be his true challenge - to stand the ritual, to face Tangra and the riders of the eternal plains, for he was one of the few that still understood Tangra in his fullest. He was one of the few that still truly believed in him... so he had to complete the ritual.
He overlooked the "altar" for one last time to make sure everything was there - the fireplace, resembling a small forge, the water in a large clay pan, the fire-wood, the herbs, the tongs and the hammer. All those were there, spare for one thing, something he couldn't replace with local ingredients - a soil from his homeland - the beacon of the ritual. So far away from home, this was the only solid thing to remind him of his distant homeland. It was the vital ingredient to begin the ritual with as well or he wouldn't be able to summon the old god.
He sprinkled some of the soil upon himself, some on the firewood and some in the water.
The man lighted up the fire and pulled out Balkan's knife.
"It is time..." he mumbled quietly.

((OOC: This is not an actual ritual, but created just for the situation. It may continue for a 3 to maximum of 4 posts))
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
The Moon Howler

After the fire was ready, Dimitar looked at Balkan's knife and reminded himself the words of the chant for the ritual. He reminded himself why is he doing this and what chances he took by accepting to do it.
He put the knife's blade into the hot coal, so that it may heat up. Once he done this he began to speak in the language of his forefathers - in Bulgarian. The man praised Tangra with this chant, calling him, begging him for aid.
And in the quiet night a strong wind blew. The was whirling around the opening, but mostly - around the altar and the man. But when to the animals, even the shamans, and the humans, this would sound like a normal wind, to Dimitar is sounded different. He heard patter of horse's shoes all around him, he felt presences from beyond, from the great plains, where Tangra and his riders roamed free. The man felt as the wind whirled around him and his small altar, the riders were making a circle, anxious to hear his request.
But Dimitar continued with his chant, he continued praising the god, and as he finished the chant, he felt a powerful and pure presence. He lifted his voice so that he could be heard as he greeted the divinity... yet all he said was a single word: "TANGRA!" with his eyes wide open. While he wasn't able to see anyone, he felt two figures standing in front of him. He knew one of them well - his Father, Ivan. But the other he couldn't recognize, yet he was sure he somehow knew it. Then Dimitar saw the two as silhouettes, each pointing at either the fire and the water, but both of them pointed the blade in his boot and then the one in the fire. Afterwards they faded.
Dimitar understood what they meant and took the hot knife with the tongs and then pulled his own knife, which had his name on it: "Димитър"*.
Then the big man took the hammer and began to scratch symbols in Balkan's blade, inscribing his name in Bulgarian: "Балкан"**.
He was done shortly with the name and put the weapon in the water. Hot steam rose from the water as the hot knife was put in it.
When Dimitar took out the knife, the name was rough, barely readable. Then the man pulled out a small glass capsule with red liquid in it - a portion of Balkan's blood. he broke the small capsule and poured few drops the liquid over the blade, taking it into the fire. Once the knife was heated again, he pulled it out and poured the rest of the blood over it, taking it back into the fire.
He continued the cycle of pulling it out of the fire, hitting it with the hammer, cooling it and putting it back into the fire. and the whirl was continuing around him.

(OOC: Next part of the ritual (final one) will be at midnight)
(Also: "Димитър"* - "Dimitar" in Bulgarian; "Балкан"** - "Balkan" in Bulgarian)
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

My RP Characters
The Moon Howler

Dimitar was near finishing the ritual. Now was the crucial part of the chant and the ritual as a whole.
He put the blade one last time into the fire and waited until it began to glow from the heat. While doing so, he made his final chant and his request to the divinity.
Once the prayer was done, he pulled the knife from the fire. the name was glowing somewhat more than the rest of the blade... as if there was something more in there than just the heat from the fire.
Dimitar put the knife into the water once more but this time, through the steam, he saw the letters glowing faintly, yet the glow vanished shortly after along with the whirling breeze and the presences around him.
Once the man pulled out the knife, the once slightly worn blade became new and polished, with the name engraved as if by a professional.
It took Dimitar only a few seconds to realize the similarity between his own knife and Balkan's. That made him smile.
"So, that's how it works..." he finally muttered as he sat in front of the altar, both knifes safely placed in the sheaths on his belt, and began to meditate.

He didn't realize it but it was past midnight...

((OOC: Okay, this is it - the end of the ritual.))

My RP Characters
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

valerio wrote:<You are part of the island.>
<Let yourself flow with the river.>
<Be the stream, until you come back from where you started.>
''Right...okay...''

Lars scratched his head fur until he noticed something. He wasn't flying through the air, or falling, or conformed to the physical senses of his body. He was now OUTSIDE himself. As he put down his arm back to his side, he noticed that his arm was now of a translucent blue. His eyes widened and widened as he stared at his arm, then looked down. His whole body had been transformed into the element of liquid.

And there were.....fish! There were various marine life living in him and just darted around like how they would swim in any body of water.

He was now part of a body of water on the island, and he could feel it's pulse within his own heart. He felt himself flowing peacefully around the rivers, streams, lakes and the sea in a continuous cycle.

Lars no longer freaked out but enjoyed these soothing sensation of ''being' the island.

''Athena! Diana!!!! I'm....I'm water! I did it! I'm water!'' Lars cried out.
valerio

Post by valerio »

<We give you our congratulations.>
<You did what no other beginners could at such an early stage.>
<Now disengage from your current state and go back to your body.>
<We are waiting for you.>
Rendak

Post by Rendak »

Coatl_Ruu wrote:
Rendak wrote:Edmund's ears perked up as he heard Colin and he turned toward him "What village exactly, the place He just named?
"Yep!" Colin, still grinning. "I coul' take ya dere, if ya'd like."
Edmund smiled widely at this news, starting to pack his things back in his bag "Yes let's! Mykythisisturningouttobequitethefortunateinterview!" he said very quickly, looking at Levi and Collin "Well let us go!"
Husky's are the best dang dog in the existence of ever, fluffy and exciting, lovable and loving, cuddly and warm!

Don't be afraid to hit me up for my skype!
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

valerio wrote:<We give you our congratulations.>
<You did what no other beginners could at such an early stage.>
<Now disengage from your current state and go back to your body.>
<We are waiting for you.>
Lars wagged his large tail of water as he closed his eyes again. He was immediately transported back to his body. He could tell he was back as the fur on his body began warming him, and he felt a physical heart beat. He slowly opened his eyes, shielding them from the sunlight as he had been out in the netherworld for quite long and the short procedure was similiar to Lars getting up from slumber.

''Gah!'' Lars exclaimed as he ''jumped'' back into his flesh and blood, exhaling heavily and looking at his whole body. His chest tattoo was still there, his black and golden brown fur, all in place....fish tail? Nope...not there anymore.

''Wow! Th-That was seriously amazing! Truly an out of this world experience I must say!'' Lars exclaimed, swinging his legs and wagging his tail in utter excitement like a new born pup.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Athena held him to her, and so did Diana.
"You have proven yourself a creature of great talent. Now rest, and don't try anything without our assistance.
"Remember, you are just beginning to explore the world with your new eyes. Don't take anything for granted."
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

Lars smiled as he held their warm paws. He got up and kissed both of them on their lips in gratitude. He held both of their waists and began walking again. But being someone had been out of his body for quite some time, he felt a little weak and the simple task of lifting his foot up and bringing it down became a bit of a challenge. He fell to a knee and used his paws to the break the fall.

''Gah...oh dear...'' Lars exclaimed. ''I...I can't be that tired can I?'' he said, looking up at them.

And then his stomach grumbled.

((gonna be bringing in the new k9 dog after this post..))
valerio

Post by valerio »

The females nodded.
"You used your own energies to do this."
"One day, you will learn how to borrow energy from the island itself."
The females stood up and helped Lars standing. "For now, eat, rest, and enjoy our physical company. You well deserved it." Athena added as they led him to another room...
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Rendak wrote:Edmund smiled widely at this news, starting to pack his things back in his bag "Yes let's! Mykythisisturningouttobequitethefortunateinterview!" he said very quickly, looking at Levi and Collin "Well let us go!"
The three arrived at Salisgrave a short while later. Levi turned to Edmund and said "Here we are. Anything you'd like to do first?"
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

A new day was born at Meriweather Island, and by the light of dawn, the Blue Peak Shore resort was still immersed in the quiet of the dawn, its guests sleeping while the staff worked to make their awakening more comfortable.
Luckily for them, no one knew about the events that were transpiring at the Red Wolves village by the Green Ring Forest, nor they could know that two of the dogs that participated in the recent attack against the resort were alive and free, although their lives had taken a very unexpected course...
The Moon Howler

Today was the day and everyone knew it. Today was the day the fate of the Red wolves will be decided.
Valken and Sifa lead the small group of shamans to Balkan's hut, where they found Balkan quietly stroking the mane of his mate without waking her up. Words were not needed for a simple look was enough for both of 'em to understand what the other had in mind.
Balkan just drove his paw one last time over her mane and followed his uncle, grabbing his Father's sword and the small bowl from Ulysses. He knew there was something more than this, but let the shamans to attend to their ceremonies without question. There was roughly one more hour before when they went outside of the village, in a small grove not so far from the village, where they immediately began the preparations. His old paint was washed away, the shamans brought a new, strange white paint, with which they began to paint him.
The half-wolf felt that this paint wasn't like any other paint he encountered before. When it touched him, he felt a strange tingling, as well as he began to hear whispers. When the shamans were done with the paintings, Balkan was able to see many ghostly silhouettes around him, until he heard a very familiar voice.
["Balkan, my son, can you see me?"] The talking silhouette began to clear a bit ["You're fighting it, my boy. Relax and have faith in us."]
Balkan sighed and relaxed himself as instructed. And once he did that all the silhouettes finally cleared - they were spirits of the times of old - warriors, shamans, leaders... and they were all shining... spare for the spirit of his father - that soul was dark
["Father... why are you different from the rest?"] the son asked
The spirit shook his head ["Son, I am a restless spirit."] the spectral wolf bowed his head ["Your grandfather's hatred was so strong back then that it didn't allow me to ascend like the rest, yet I am still given the might of the Spirit Guardians."]
["Can I..."] The young half-blood began.
Val'kir's spirit nodded ["Yes, you can - defeat him. Defeat his hatred, for there are other restless souls like me that are begging for ascension"] his eyes began to glow in yellow ["My Father was turned into a demon-spawn! In your normal physical shape you are helpless against his demonic power!"] The spirit's white markings engulfed into white spectral fire ["If you're to fight him, I'll give you a blessing that have been only told about for generations - I'll make you a Worgen - A blessed wolf warrior!"] he turned to one of the shamans ["Throw the rest of the paint at him!"] The shaman quickly did as he was told. He threw the paint on Balkan's chest and at the same time Val'kir placed both his spectral paws on it, the spectral fire engulfing the paint quickly. One by one, the other spirits came,each placing a paw on the half-wolf's body.
Balkan growled from pain as the Spiritual fire engulfed him. he felt as if every single part of the markings was burning
["Endure, son!"] His Father whispered ["It's almost over, you can handle it!"]
And as his Father said - It ended up shortly after. Balkan opened his eyes and looked around. Every single shaman was shocked from the result, spare for the elder shaman. who only smiled at the result. "Stop your flames." he simply said.
Balkan looked over his body. He had marking similar to those of the shamans of Arcadia... just white... and burning... with a spectral fire...
["Relax, son!"] he heard his Father's voice. He followed the spirit's instruction once again. The half-breed took a deep breath and with the exhaling, the flames faded.
"What happened to his markings?" One of the younger shamans asked "Where did they go?"
"There are still there, on him!" another exclaimed.
The elder shaman turned to the other shamans. "Calm down, you two. A special chant was given to him. It's up to one's desire to see them or not, but they are there... not marking anymore... but tattoos!" he turned to Balkan "This rule applies for you as well, it's up to you to see yourself with them or not." the old wolf handed Balkan the small bowl from Ulysses "Do as you were instructed on the way to the village. Also, expect a gift from your human."
With these words the Elder shaman headed to the Wolf village, followed by the rest of the shamans and Balkan.
Last edited by The Moon Howler on Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My RP Characters
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

''<INSPECTOR!!! WE ARE APPROACHING MERRIWEATHER!>''

''<OKAY! COPORAL CHEUNG! GET READY!>''

''YES SIR!''

From the blue morning horizon, a black helicopter emerged and swiftly flew over the clear blue waters of Merriweather Island, and were within range of the Blue Peak Shore resort. Onboard was Inspector Lin, and the new K9 German Shepherd intern Coporal Tiara Heung, as well as some police officers from HK Police HQ. Inspector Lin had been fuming since the day Mae had betrayed the Force, and as the resort got clearer into view he clenched his fists and gnashed his teeth in vengeance. Being in the K9 unit for almost all her life, Tiara knew that the Inspector was a good man but also an angry man at times, and he didn't like it when things got into the way of his work. She sported a worried look on her face during the whole flight. The German Shepherd could tell that all he wanted to do was just strangle the life out of Mae.

<''Please...>'' Tiara said softly, using a paw to touch his hand on his lap. ''<Please...forgive her...sir..''> Tiara said gently.

But both knew the outcome, and the Inspector just kept quiet and didn't say a word. He just shook his head and continued looking out at the clear blue sea below him.

The aircraft eventually made it's way to the resort's designated landing zone and the pilot killed the engine. The Inspector stepped out, followed by Tiara and about 3 policemen. The pilot got out of the cockpit and went over to a larger holding compartment of the chopper and got out 5 food and gift hampers for Richard Spencers. It was the Inspector's way of apologizing for the destruction and inconvenience Mae had caused. He instructed the policemen to place them on trolleys, and began making their way to the reception area.

Inspector Lin and Tiara opened the glass doors of the resort and quickly sported a warm and sunny sunshine of smile from his dark gloomy one earlier on. With his right haand he instructed the other police officers to wait outside ''Good Morning!'' the inspector said, almost in a booming like manner. He and Tiara walked up to a lady at the reception desk, and they both bowed. ''Hello. I'm Inspector Lin from the Hong Kong Police HQ and this is the new K9 intern Coporal Tiara Heung. We are here to meet with Mr Richard Spencers.'' Lin said, extending his hand to shake hers. Tiara simply clacked her heels together and saluted the receptionist. ''Pleasure to meet you Ma'am. ''
-----------------------------------
At Arcadia, a certain male german shepherd was lying in bed and snoring away like a boar. He had not been this drained of energy ever since he stepped foot onto the island. It was a exhilirating turn of events. He could have killed innocent villagers and escaped with cash and blood in his paws, but a sudden twist of fate eventually led him to the path of rightteousness.

He looked over at his two mates sleeping beside him. From the beginning they may have seemed like any average bathhouse girl, but they turned out to be mates who were both very supportive and also very loving. He smiled as he turned his head at Athena, then Diana. He sat up and stretched a little, then went over to the slender Lycaon and gave her a gentle kiss on his lips. ''Hey...Mornin' '' Lars greeted her softly, teasingly rubbing his moist nose over hers.
----------------------------------
((Since Mae was with Hara the last time we left it, I'm just gonna assume she spent the night at her place)

''Gosh! Wha--'' a certain female husky exclaimed, startled from feeling something soft under her back. She sat up and got a brief look at her surroundings. She was on a bed which felt unusually comfortable, and in a simple looking hut which had the atmosphere that felt almost like an apartment, warm and visually inviting.

She gave in to a big yawn and stretched her arms and legs, then ruffled her headfur and stood up, going over to where Hara was sleeping.
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Ah, Inspector," Spencers said, walking in at that moment. "Forgive me for not being out there to welcome you personally. I was busy coordinating the morning rituals for my guests. I had to put some extra attention for them due to the recent...happenings. Care for something to eat and drink? I can understand you're in a hurry, but mind works better on a full stomach."
---
Athena stretched languidly, mirrored by her sister Diana. Then both ended up wrapping against their mate. "Good morning to you, shaman." Athena's finger then traced the brand new tattoo running around Lars' wrist.
"Yesterday, you have passed your first tests, with full success," Diana said. It is time for you to pick up your new name."
---
"Welcome into a new day, Mae," Hara said, sitting near the husky's bed. "How do you feel?"
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

''Ah nononono forgive ME for what had happened. I'm not really in a hurry, I plan to leave in the evening and I understand the trouble you went through just because of that little mishap of a husky so please...'' The Inspector said, laughing lightly and trying to sound as jovial as possible. But Tiara knew all he wanted to do was to strangle the air out of Mae.

''My dear friend, I hope you will forgive me please....therefore I have brought you the finest foods from Hong Kong..'' And with that, he waved a hand. The three police officers who were outside waiting now wheeled in the large food and gift hampers. ''On behalf of HQ, we're really really sorry...'' the inspector said, bowing his head. The rest followed.

He raised his head again. ''Now Richard, let me introduce also a good friend of mine and one of the best candidates for the internship. Tiara, greet Mr Spencers.''

The female german shepherd did as she was told. She clacked her heels together and gave him a sharp salute. ''Coporal Tiara Heung. It's a pleasure to meet you sir!'' she said, her eyes rooting deeply at Richard's.

''Oho she's good isn't it? I told her that if her assignment here has excellent results and that you find her services exceptionally outstanding, I'll be promoting her to Sergeant at the end of it.'' The Inspector said, chuckling a bit.
--------------------
Lars smirked as his two lovers crept on him like a warm blanket, feeling their slender bodies with his paws. ''Oh reallly?'' Lars asked. ''Well....how 'bout somethin' like uh....well I dunno...any suggestions? It's not gonna be some corny red injun name issit?'' Lars chuckled.
--------------------
''Strangely rejuvenated actually...'' Mae said, scratching her headfur.
The Moon Howler

Back at the hotel room, Mr. Meyer just woke up. He lied in his bed for 5 more minutes until he decided to stand up. The old man sat on his bed and looked around. He saw the reason to be here - the shepherd Martin, at the balcony, looking to the east. the dog was just staying there, his paws on the parapet, staring at the sea quietly, thinking. The old man smiled and stood up, heading for the wardrobe. in 10 more minutes he was once again ready for the new day. The notary checked upon Martin. The dog was still staying there.
Mr. Meyer went to the balcony and approached him.
"Morning, young lad. How do you feel today?"
"Morning, Mr. Meyer." Martin replied "I guess just like any day."
"What do ya say, boy, shall we go down for a nice breakfast?"
Martin's ears perked at the mention of the word breakfast, but he didn't answer.
The man chucked "No need to answer me, boy. Your body language says it all. You have 10 minutes to freshen yourself."
The dog nodded and went inside, leaving the man alone at the balcony. "Ugh" he mumbled to himself "I'm getting too old to babysit youngsters, but a promise is a promise."

My RP Characters
valerio

Post by valerio »

Spencers motioned to a butler. The human in turn asked the three officers to follow him.
"If this food is good as I think, Inspector, I will make sure to put it at its best use right today." He bowed politely. "Your offer is quite appreciated." then he went back to business mode.
"Although, I must admit, the near success of the hijacking was more a fault on my side than yours. I wasn't aware that part of my human and pet staff was accomplice of this criminal cartel. And, actually, I owe my life to the sacrifice of former agent Mae. She will be remembered with honors."
---
Athena buried her fingers into the mighty shepherd's scruff and started rubbing and massaging. "Your name must comes from your heart. It must not be the fruit of a harsh decision."
Diana was working magic on his tail, grooming it slowly. "Names are powerful identities for the shamans. Your name will give you control over yourself, or it will give less benevolent entities control over you."
"Take your time. Many shamans spent years before deciding for a proper name."
---
Hara sat by the side of the husky. "Your soul is free of Sylar's influence, for now. He is going to be...busy, today. That, and the fact that you are working toward your healing is taking weight off your mind and body. for now, you'll be feeling better, but remember: Sylar can be patient. Your distraction is his advantage. He wants you."
The Moon Howler

The Moon Howler wrote:The dog nodded and went inside, leaving the man alone at the balcony. "Ugh" he mumbled to himself "I'm getting too old to babysit youngsters, but a promise is a promise."
Soon enough Martin was ready and they headed to the dining room.
After a while, they've managed to find the Dining room, where they joined the rest of the guests for breakfast. Once they finished with the breakfast they went out for a short walk.
"Do you think Dimitar will accept me?" Martin suddenly asked.
"If he's even a half the man people describe him as, he'll take you twice." the man replied, smiling.
"I remember so little of him..." The dog continued "But from what Dad said, he's a tough guy with quite the experience."
"Rosen told me about the same..." the man replied. Suddenly an idea popped up in his head "Martin, how about we check what else this resort can offer except for good and luxury rooms."
"Fine by me."

My RP Characters
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

valerio wrote:Spencers motioned to a butler. The human in turn asked the three officers to follow him.
"If this food is good as I think, Inspector, I will make sure to put it at its best use right today." He bowed politely. "Your offer is quite appreciated." then he went back to business mode.
"Although, I must admit, the near success of the hijacking was more a fault on my side than yours. I wasn't aware that part of my human and pet staff was accomplice of this criminal cartel. And, actually, I owe my life to the sacrifice of former agent Mae. She will be remembered with honors."
---
Athena buried her fingers into the mighty shepherd's scruff and started rubbing and massaging. "Your name must comes from your heart. It must not be the fruit of a harsh decision."
Diana was working magic on his tail, grooming it slowly. "Names are powerful identities for the shamans. Your name will give you control over yourself, or it will give less benevolent entities control over you."
"Take your time. Many shamans spent years before deciding for a proper name."
---
Hara sat by the side of the husky. "Your soul is free of Sylar's influence, for now. He is going to be...busy, today. That, and the fact that you are working toward your healing is taking weight off your mind and body. for now, you'll be feeling better, but remember: Sylar can be patient. Your distraction is his advantage. He wants you."
Inspector Li's Cheshire-like smile disappeared when Richard mentioned about Mae's death. Tiara loosely dropped her saluting paw and quivered. She and Mae had been friends for a very long time in the force. Her jaw stammered with sorrow and grimaced with a heavy heartache. Tears began streaming down the shepherd's eye as she silently mourned for the loss of a precious friend. She covered her face with both her paws and sobbed away.

"Mae...Oh God...she's dead...I can't believe this...Maee...."

The inspector knelt down to console Tiara, using a hand to gently rub her back and shoulders. "Can we go see her Richard? Is her body held somewhere?" the Inspector asked, not looking up as he was a little saddened by her demise.
-----
"Years to decide a name?! Uh like wow!" Lars said, laying back on his pillow and laughing in amazement. But he stopped after a short while to realize he was in a different culture now. He grabbed Athena's waist and pulled her closer to his muscular body as he tried to come up with a name.

"Yeah you're right. It's going to take a while.." Lars said, stroking Athena's chest fur with a paw. He stretched and then got up from bed, yawning to reveal his pearly white canines. "I'm thinking of doing some spear fishing for our breakfast, then meditation by the beach. What say you, my two charming smexy mates?" Lars asked.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Spencers hesitated before answering, "Are yo sure, Inspector? It won't be a pleasant sight. Mae cleared her honor by committing suicide. With her own gun."
---
" If it is meditation that you seek, you must do it alone. But if you want company in fishing,then we'll help."
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

The brief explanation of her death made Tiara's sobbing even louder and she held on to the Inspector tight, crying into his smart black police uniform.

The Inspector looked on in grief as he witnessed his best shepherd mourning for her loss and looked up at Richard. ''Okay, yeah you're probably right. Maybe you can let us know when you're about to cremate her or something....or if theres a funeral...we'll be there....can you show Miss Tiara to her quarters and get her settled in? I really think she needs to be alone to let it all out.'' Inspector Lin said, rubbing her shoulders as his only way of consoling her.
----
''Oh yeah that's right...meditating must be done alone. Right. But hey, it would be great if you'd like to tag along. I dunno if you're up for it because I'm not just sitting by the beach and reeling them in with a line. I'm doing a bit of diving too but on a single breath of air. Are you two strong swimmers by the way? And how long can you hold your breath?'' Lars asked, beginning to warm up his body for the dive.
----
Mae smiled at Hara's words and gave her a hug. ''Thank you Shaman Hara, for helping me out for the past few days. Without you I could have killed myself. Really. Thank you..'' she said.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Richard nodded. "I kept the service on hold for you, Inspector. her body will be sealed in a special biodegradable sack and then thrown in the sea, in the local tradition. This way, her earthly remains will feed the life of the sea." Then he turned to the female dog. "Officer, please follow mr. Grimm here, he will lead you to the security staff headquarters, where you will find Officer Mae's personal items to take. She hadn't left any disposition."
the big man wearing the paramilitary outfit motioned her to follow him.
---
"Oh, you can dive? How remarkable. Then we will gladly accompany you." Athena stood up, followed by her twin. "Let us walk to the river. We'll paddle from there to the open sea."
---
"You have only yourself to thank. This is the fruit of your will, I am but a guide in the proper direction. Your merit for listening."
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

''Thank you Richard....'' Inspector Lin said, wiping away some sweat on his forehead, as well as some tears from his eyes using a sleeve from his uniform. ''I think...maybe I'll go drown my sorrows in beer. Tiara, be a good girl follow this nice man here to your bunk. You will be part of the security personnel here on this island. Go quickly...'' he said, taking out a hanky momentarily to blow his nose.

''Ye..Yes sir.'' Tiara stammered, wiping as much tears as she could and following the man who beckoned her to come with him.
---
''Yeah! I mean..you have to be pretty much everything when you're a military mercenary. Diving was a big integral part of my training. I did, of course, learn how to swim underwater without the aid of a tank of nitrogen. Muscles are in here too.'' Lars said, pointing to his lung area. ''Alright, let's go do some fishin'!''
---
''Mmm yes.'' Mae said, nodding her head. ''Oh hey Hara....I don't know but I had this weird dream last night...of someone embracing me. A very familiar figure, but I couldn't really tell as the vision was really blurred. I could tell he or she was a very close friend. That's when I woke up startled and realized it was morning. Hara, would it be possible for you to help me find out who this person is in my dream?'' she asked, resting both her paws on Hara's.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Richard guided Inspector Li toward the bar. "I have something better than beer, inspector. It's a little something my barman created: it's called 'Blackout'. The strongest drinker downed two before being relieved of every inner problem."
---
(OOC - Lars' group will take half an hour of walking before reaching the river)
---
"I think I can help you," Hara said. the rabbit gently took Mae's head in his paws. "Now, relax. let your mind wander to the memory of that dream, look at it, take your time. Imagine you are using your mind like a paw, to brush away the fuzziness covering the images. It's easy. Just clean."
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

''Heh is that right..'' he asked, looking at him with a little disbelief in his eyes. Being impressed he nodded and continued following his dear friend to the bar. ''Well....but from the sound of it I think I will be drunk within half an hour or so....generic beer doesn't do that to me...''
---
''Uhm...uhm...excuse me sir...am..am I the only officer '' Tiara said after following Mr Grimm for a while. She was still sniffling abit from all the crying..
---
Mae closed her eyes and went back to the scene where she was hugging someone. And just as she was instructed, she imagined herself reaching into her mind and using a paw to slowly swipe of the fuzziness of the dream images.

It still was a little blur. Probably because she didn't recognize the person as much?

''Uh...I still can't make out who it is...Hara...can you help me?''
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Since we're at it, Inspector, would you mind me a question?" The resort's owner motioned to the barman, then made a cutting gesture across his throat.
The barman smiled, then took an unmarked bottle and two glasses. He filled half of each glass with an amber, dense, sweet-smelling liquid.
---
"Actually, no. We have two dog officers. They were close friends to Officer Mae. They will be helpful to you."
---
"I am helping already," the discorporated voice said. "You must focus, you must *want* to see your dream."
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

''No go ahead...'' Inspector Li replied.
------
''I see...thanks...'' Tiara replied, still sniffling a little. The tears had made her eyes sore and she couldn't help but use an arm to swipe them to relieve the sting.
------
''Right okay...'' Mae said, concentrating much more harder now. This time she imagined she had a magnifying glass, and with it she began zooming in on..

It couldn't be....

Was this...Tiara?!

''Shaman....I know her! B..but, what was she doing in my dreams?''
valerio

Post by valerio »

"One thing that was clear since her first day here was that Mae was a bundle of nerves. She was on the constant verge of a nervous breakdown. Actually, that involuntarily put me on alarm, since a police dog is not supposed to be a wreck. And seeing how...nervous you were a few moments ago, I have even the more reason to believe it.
"Inspector Li, did you abuse Mae?"

---
The duo stopped in front of the security staff HQ. seen from outside, they just looked like part of the building, they had nothing of the 'military' looks. "That is the main entrance. Your room is #12. officer Li's room was #14, it's unlocked."
---
the paws parted from Mae's head and Hara was back in her room at Arcadia.
Hara chuckled. "I'm sorry, young one. I am not in my right to know why you had a particular dream. but if you ask, it must mean this Tiara must be important to you, why do you think you dreamed about her?"
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

''That I can assure you....'' Inspector Li said, taking the glass and downing half of the liquid. ''..Did not happen. It is against the law for human officers and high ranking superiors alike to abuse our working K-9 dogs. Mae came to me, desperate for a job since no owner could take her in due to bad economic times. The only choices left was the K-9 Academy, or the pound.''

''Believe it or not Richard, she had the same nervous demeanor when I first met her. I found that odd, but didn't really take notice. However, she still did not meet the requirements that a good working dog possesses. She wasn't a Shepherd or Rottweiler or Doberman, she wasn't strong, her reactions in combat situations were slow, and if you have already noticed, her eyesight was good. But she was begging and begging me to take her in as she promised to work hard and become one of the elite. I took a few days to consider, then enrolled her into the academy. My heart softened and went beyond the line, Richard. No one can say I am not the least thoughtful of anything...''

''But you can imagine my frustration as her results were nothing but the same sub standard pile of eniquities and hopelessness she brings to the table every single day. She never got better, she never strove to be better. All she did was just mope around and think of something else. It was as if she joined out of a different agenda somehow. And of course she did. Someone must have known about the internships I assign my best K-9 units to BPS, and must have sent in Mae as the trojan horse.''

''The last internship which Mae was on was originally meant for Tiara, but Mae begged and begged me to let her go instead, somehow even convincing me that she'll gain more experience. That's why Tiara is here now for the next few months. She earned it, and will be Sergeant by the time she gets back to Hong Kong. But Mae no, all she did was use her body and her selfish whimpering....that's why I loathe her so much...but darn...she's gone...'' The Inspector said, feeling a little tipsy now.

''But I admit, I DID verbally abuse her. I was so fed-up with her performance that in my mind it became mandatory to yell at her almost every day just to wake up her idea. I mean....what else could you do? I was reaching my limit! And what would other officers think?! They would think I pick my dogs from the street and all....sigh but...now.....I dunno...at least Mae...chose the path she wanted to walk....and I hope she's doing fine I guess...'' he said, wiping some sweat off his forehead and staring at the bottom of his empty glass.
---
Tiara nodded as the man showed her her quarters...as well as Mae's. ''Thank you sir..'' she murmured as she bowed and opened her door. She flung her duffel bag onto her bed and just sank into a chair beside it. She laid her head on a paw as she recalled the fun times she had with Mae admist the deafening silence of her room
---
Mae thought about it for a while, then looked at Hara, still uncertain of the reason. ''I really have no idea....and I can't think of anything now. All I know is...that I'm in my new life now, and I will have to move on without her. She was my best friend, and being away from her I am paying for my sins by renewing myself spiritually...'' Mae explained, brushing her fur with outstretched claws.

''But I know that Kaiser is my prize at the end of the road. He will be there to embrace me when I have become a better person. Yes, that I am certain...''
valerio

Post by valerio »

Spencers seemed satisfied by that answer. He downed his half glass in a gulp, ate a handful of peanuts and asked the barman to refill. "I see. My apologies for the bluntness of my question, then. I will make sure that Tiara is treated with utmost respect competing to her rank and abilities. I'm sure she'll be a fine addition."
---
Someone knocked at the door. "Ah, hello?" A moment later, without answering, a male German Shepherd walked into the room. "Officer Tiara? Mr. Grimes told us about your coming." he motioned to someone outside. "Come in, E.R."
A buff rottweiler, moving with unexpected grace, walked in in turn. He bowed his head at the female. "Ma'am."
Last edited by valerio on Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Moon Howler

With these words the Elder shaman headed to the Wolf village, followed by the rest of the shamans and Balkan.
The canine group soon reached the wolf village. At the very entrance, Dimitar awaited the group. The man ignored all the shamans and went directly to the half-wolf.
[bg]"Morning, Balkan"[/bg] The man greeted the canine with a warm smile [bg]"Are you ready for this?"[/bg]
Balkan nodded [bg]"I have honor-bound to do it. I have duty towards the inhabitants of this island. I have a purpose in my life... but I also have a true reason now."[/bg]
Dimitar nodded [bg]"I was expecting this."[/bg] he pulled up an item, wrapped in cloth [bg]"This is for you. It will help you in the fight."[/bg]
The half-breed took the package and unwrapped it. inside he found his knife... yet it was different.
[bg]"What happened to it?"[/bg] the half-breed asked.
[bg]"A gift from Ivan."[/bg] Dimitar simply answered, then turned to the group, waiting for them [bg]"You better go now, Balkan, Fight well and remember that we're always with you."[/bg]
[bg]"Thank you, Dimitar. I'll make you all proud today!"[/bg] Balkan replied and followed the wolf shamans in the village.

["It is time..."] Ivan's spirit whispered. He was standing there the whole time ["I have faith in him, son."]
"I do too, Father." Dimitar thought as he followed the group.

~~~~
"Martin, how about we check what else this resort can offer except for good and luxury rooms."
"Fine by me."
They were walking around aimlessly for a short while, until they finally managed to find a free resort worker.
"Hello, there, young man!" Mr. Meyer greeted the man "May I ask you a few questions about this here resort?"

My RP Characters
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

valerio wrote:Spencers seemed satisfied by that answer. He downed his half glass in a gulp, ate a handful of peanuts and asked the barman to refill. "I see. My apologies for the bluntness of my question, then. I will make sure that Tiara is treated with utmost respect competing to her rank and abilities. I'm sure she'll be a fine addition."
---
Someone knocked at the door. "Ah, hello?" A moment later, without answering, a male German Shepherd walked into the room. "Officer Tiara? Mr. Grimes told us about your coming." he motioned to someone outside. "Come in, E.R."
A buff rottweiler, moving with unexpected grace, walked in in turn. He bowed his head at the female. "Ma'am."
''Thank you my friend. Trust me, Tiara is a good girl. She has been with me since she was a year old, and she is a very hardworking individual. She has been waiting for this for so long and I know she will be worthy of the rank. But do try to comfort her for the next few days. Mae had been a close friend to Tiara and she is silently enduring life without her. So maybe you should do something like an interview with her from time to time, to make sure she is mentally well to perform her duties...'' The Inspector said, passing his empty glass back to the barman for a refill.
----
''Oh!'' Tiara said, immediately getting up from her chair and saluting the two other K-9 officers. ''Coporal Tiara Heung, HK Police K-9 Unit. Pleasure to meet you two. May I know how to address you both?''
valerio

Post by valerio »

Both dogs saluted in return.
"Squad Lieutenant Kaiser Rudolph Gottfield," the Shepherd introduced himself.
"Squad Lieutenant E.R. Gottfield," the Rottweiler added. "Welcome aboard, madame."
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

''Thanks! Glad to be here, this is a beautiful island... Tiara said, walking towards them and shaking their paws.

''Oh right I just remembered...'' Tiara said, reaching for a paw beside leather pistol holster on her thigh. She reached down and pulled out a Berreta pistol, immediately unloading the weapon. ''Can you direct me to the armory? I was instructed to turn in all personal issued weapons to exchange for the ones you use for duty?'' she asked.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Luckily, both Kaiser and E.R. had been strictly instructed about how to act without betraying the truth. The shepherd examined the paper and said, "I see. Good, please follow us. We did not touch anything belonging to your friend."
---
The man, more a boy in his 18, wearing a loud hawaian shirt, turned to the older man. "Sure, go ahead. What do you need to know?"
---
The stage was set.
Ulysses was impressed: this was the first time he actually witnessed a challenge for power between Red Wolves. These isolationist tribes had come to killing, in the past, to protect their most important ceremonies.
the stage consisted of an arena surrounded by a fence made of wolf bones crossed like a macabre net. Each bone had been sharpened like a lance, so that seeking a pause by leaning against the fence would have proven a painful idea.
And the ground was in no better conditions: it consisted of a circle of cold granite surrounded by a ring of white-hot coals. Failure was considered such a dishonor that the loser was to be burned to ashes in the ring of fire rather than being honored for his attempt to seize leadership.
And Ulysses saw Fenrir standing there, in the middle of the rock circle, arms crossed, a defiant grin spread on his white fangs.
The labrador must admit it: the guy knew how to impress someone.