Arc #32: The Dog Days of Summer

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Dr. Prower

Re: Arc #32: The Dog Days of Summer

Post by Dr. Prower »

Dusty wrote:
Dr. Prower wrote:
arcict wrote:Worst case scenario is that Pete gives up on King/Joel and turns him back and leaves him to his own devices and we never see him again... er, I think.
shh! don't give Rick any ideas...
King is Sasha's new owner?
okay, not bad (how do I keep frogetting that?)
I ship Grape&Peanut and support King&Bailey
Foldo

Post by Foldo »

New theory: All previously developed theories are false.

Simple, isn't it? 8-)
YoruOokami

Post by YoruOokami »

IceKitsune wrote:You know Lycanthromancer brought this up in the comment section. Since Tarot went into the woods what if Pete's not really there and its just Tarot using her powers to fool King? (Why she would be doing this I have no idea but its an interesting possibility)
I kind of wonder if it's not the other way around. That is, that Tarot was never at the party, and it has been Pete impersonating her. I say that since:
1) Pete has the ability to alter his appearance to whatever he wants to, so he could easily impersonate her.
2) Grape was surprised that Tarot was there, and if Tarot had actually been there, then she would probably have been spending time with Peanut, which means Grape should have seen her at some point, probably.
3) What reason would Tarot have for wondering off into the woods in the middle of the night?

Mostly, it's number 2 that makes me think this might be what's happening.

Also, sorry for just randomly popping in after so long. Life has gotten nuts for me with a new job and school at the same time, so free time has been to lacking to be on the forums anymore. But I will probably pop in every once in a while. I hope that doesn't bother anyone.

Edit:
Foldo wrote:New theory: All previously developed theories are false.

Simple, isn't it? 8-)
Which means mine is true because it is a post developed theory. Yay I win!! :P
Zander

Post by Zander »

YoruOokami wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:You know Lycanthromancer brought this up in the comment section. Since Tarot went into the woods what if Pete's not really there and its just Tarot using her powers to fool King? (Why she would be doing this I have no idea but its an interesting possibility)
I kind of wonder if it's not the other way around. That is, that Tarot was never at the party, and it has been Pete impersonating her. I say that since:
1) Pete has the ability to alter his appearance to whatever he wants to, so he could easily impersonate her.
2) Grape was surprised that Tarot was there, and if Tarot had actually been there, then she would probably have been spending time with Peanut, which means Grape should have seen her at some point, probably.
3) What reason would Tarot have for wondering off into the woods in the middle of the night?

Also, sorry for just randomly popping in after so long. Life has gotten nuts for me with a new job and school at the same time, so free time has been to lacking to be on the forums anymore. But I will probably pop in every once in a while. I hope that doesn't bother anyone.

Edit:

Simple, isn't it? 8-)

OMG IT ALL COMES TOGETHER O_O

Pete was tarot. More evidence?
grape wrote:Oh thats Tarot, i didnt know she was here
And also Fido said Tarot went into the woods, why would tarot go into the woods? Because its pete, and he wanted to get him away from the other pets before showing himself.

ITS ALL COMING TOGETHER!!! *Starts foaming at the mouth* *Rolls around on the ground before flying away*
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
Foldo

Post by Foldo »

YoruOokami wrote:

Simple, isn't it? 8-)
No, because that's a recursive theory. :lol:
YoruOokami

Post by YoruOokami »

Foldo wrote:
YoruOokami wrote:

Simple, isn't it? 8-)
No, because that's a recursive theory. :lol:
Curses! Foiled again! :P
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

Tarot was Pete messing with King? Now it makes sense...
Alex

Post by Alex »

OMG I was thinking the same thing :shock:! Tarot was Pete in reality!

Then again, kill me if this theory is right. We'll probably see Pete threatening King in the next comic, and then Tarot jumps out of a bush and attacks him with some magic or somethin'.
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

Neko

Post by Neko »

ReCreate wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:
Buckdida wrote: She could tell he was human, so why couldn't she read his mind to find out he was supposed to stay home? :P
She did say that "only if he says its OK" implying that she cant mindread against his will.
But she did that with King/Joel when she found out he's human anyway it implies that she won't or at least finds it distasteful to do so not that she can't

I'd like to use my fanfiction as evidence since I predicted stuff (tarot being able to tell someone was turned into a pet) ;D
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.
YoruOokami

Post by YoruOokami »

Alex wrote:OMG I was thinking the same thing :shock:! Tarot was Pete in reality!

Then again, kill me if this theory is right. We'll probably see Pete threatening King in the next comic, and then Tarot jumps out of a bush and attacks him with some magic or somethin'.
lol, I never said Pete was Tarot all along. Just that he was impersonating her this one time, at the party. And I don't expect this is actually the case, hence why I bolded the word "might" in my above post. But I thought it was interesting, and it is possible. A few things do hint that direction, possibly.
Alex

Post by Alex »

That's what I meant. Pete was Tarot at this party. I didn't mean that he was Tarot all the time since her appearance, we even have evidence that she isn't (She appeared before Pete. Pete was still trapped when she appeared).
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

YoruOokami

Post by YoruOokami »

Alex wrote:That's what I meant. Pete was Tarot at this party. I didn't mean that he was Tarot all the time since her appearance, we even have evidence that she isn't (She appeared before Pete. Pete was still trapped when she appeared).
Ahhh, sorry, I mistook what you said, wrote, ermm...yeah.
Mika

Post by Mika »

I think Tarot is going to save King...or something...
Staring at Chuck Norris for extended periods of time can cause eye damage and foot sized bruises to the face.
sliceofdog

Post by sliceofdog »

Wow, very nice theory YoruOokami. If that turns out not to be true now, I will say it's because Rick saw it and thought "Ack, now I need to do something different!".
That would explain why no one's predictions are ever right :p
Mika

Post by Mika »

Zander wrote:
YoruOokami wrote:

Edit:

Simple, isn't it? 8-)

OMG IT ALL COMES TOGETHER O_O

Pete was tarot. More evidence?
grape wrote:Oh thats Tarot, i didnt know she was here
And also Fido said Tarot went into the woods, why would tarot go into the woods? Because its pete, and he wanted to get him away from the other pets before showing himself.

ITS ALL COMING TOGETHER!!! *Starts foaming at the mouth* *Rolls around on the ground before flying away*
YES!

*laughs hysterically*
Staring at Chuck Norris for extended periods of time can cause eye damage and foot sized bruises to the face.
ReCreate

Post by ReCreate »

lol, >_> that's also what I was thinking. I bet tarot has something to do with pete.
Don't let others define you, Only you can determine your fate
no longer active, sorry
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

Maybe it WAS Tarot talking to King, but not her walking into the woods...?
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

there is nothing on that hot dog

I would've thought Fido to be more adventurous than that

"my goodness, I can't have some mustard, they might suspect I'm in love with a cat"
ImageImage
ImageImage
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Sinder wrote:"my goodness, I can't have some mustard, they might suspect I'm in love with a cat"
LOL This deserves an award.
YoruOokami

Post by YoruOokami »

Dr. Prower wrote:Maybe it WAS Tarot talking to King, but not her walking into the woods...?
Yeah, I was wondering about that too.
JOFOXX wrote:
Sinder wrote:"my goodness, I can't have some mustard, they might suspect I'm in love with a cat"
LOL This deserves an award.
Seconded
Liam

Post by Liam »

King found the battle ground of Pete and Tarot, where they will start fighting by the onset of the fireworks in order to conceal their blazing magic rays from the public.

Then they realize this comic's PG and switch to a round of Scrabble. Tarot wins with playing Kwyjibo.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Liam wrote:King found the battle ground of Pete and Tarot, where they will start fighting by the onset of the fireworks in order to conceal their blazing magic rays from the public.

Then they realize this comic's PG and switch to a round of Scrabble. Tarot wins with playing Kwyjibo.
But then Pete challenges Tarot to something more his style
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
The Game

Post by The Game »

Pete's head is huge. It's like 5 times bigger then King's whole body!!
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

If that was me, I would've jumped 10 times higher than Pete's head, and faint when I got down again. (Seriously :>)
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

Pete is Tarot, they are the same
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Kyderra wrote:Pete is Tarot, they are the same
This, IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
yoyodude

Post by yoyodude »

Too bad Tarot was around before Pete was ever freed. And why would Tarot warn everyone about herself? If I was an adorable pomeranian/shapeshifting griffin I would keep a low profile and not warn people about myself...
Vadiant

Post by Vadiant »

yoyodude wrote:
Too bad Tarot was around before Pete was ever freed. And why would Tarot warn everyone about herself? If I was an adorable pomeranian/shapeshifting griffin I would keep a low profile and not warn people about myself...
If you were an adorable pomeranian/shapeshifting griffin (Pomeriffian?), I believe that would raise far more questions than the one it just answered.
RG; Seb & Dahlia
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

yoyodude wrote:
Indeed. That would be quite sensible.
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

No, it's all an illusion, Pete was actually never had to be freed, it WAS JUST AN ILLUSION TO FOOL YA'LL!
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Pete is awesome. An evil jerk, perhaps, but he has style.

Hmm. What's Pete doing at the Good Ol' Dogs Club Fourth of July bash? Perhaps he's come to imprison or eliminate Tarot, or otherwise cause confusion and terror, as is the wont of mysterious old griffins. Perhaps there's a meeting of supernatural creatures in the woods and the timing is a big coinky-dink. Who can say? Who can know? Find out in the next installment of Housepets!

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

I think he's just there to chill, and uhm... be the scary thing in the pitch black forest, of course!
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

mm... I guess he can use his power to withhold King
he just used it to intimidate.
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

Kyderra wrote:mm... I guess he can use his power to withhold King
he just used it to intimidate.
Pete has Intimidate. King is defenseless! But in all seriousness, I don't think Tarot is Pete, they're both completely different characters.
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

You can never be sure, can you? Unless Rick comes in and gets all "No, they're not the same... or are they?" but that would also be very annoying, cause you don't know then either..<.< :p
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

Tobee wrote:You can never be sure, can you? Unless Rick comes in and gets all "No, they're not the same... or are they?" but that would also be very annoying, cause you don't know then either..<.< :p
I'm just saying it would detract from both characters, and it doesn't make a lot of sense logically considering Tarot's warnings and Pete's imprisonment.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Tobee wrote:You can never be sure, can you? Unless Rick comes in and gets all "No, they're not the same... or are they?" but that would also be very annoying, cause you don't know then either..<.<
This happened before, but I can't remember who or what the circumstances were. *shrugs*

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

I love how I make a joke, and people start to debate.

Tarot X Pete Griffin's dog form
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

Come to think of it, Pete can shape shift, meaning that he could look like anyone, even Tarot. I not saying that was the case, but think about it. Oh and the idea of Tarot and Pete being all the same person would be confusing for the comic, there is no way they are one person.
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

Barkeron wrote:Come to think of it, Pete can shape shift, meaning that he could look like anyone, even Tarot. I not saying that was the case, but think about it. Oh and the idea of Tarot and Pete being all the same person would be confusing for the comic, there is no way they are one person.
He could be you! He could be me! He could even be *bang*