My Little Pony

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

JeffCvt

Re: My Little Pony

Post by JeffCvt »

Radio Blue Heart wrote:If you read Plato, you can love someone very intensely without it being romantic.
I think King and Fox are a good example of that.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

KJOokami wrote:Isn't it obvious? The changelings metamorphosed from parasprites.

And to touch back on the "why I dislike Rarity" topic: the reason I dislike her for her flaws above the others is because her flaws openly defy what her element is supposed to represent. And what's more, those flaws (which contradict her element) still haven't been addressed. My primary concern is how she often takes advantage of Spike, using his infatuation with her to get him to do things for her. So until I see an episode where she admits to doing so, apologizes to Spike, and then just stops doing it, I'll never be able to get myself to like her character. I just can't.

As I don't imagine they'd have let it go this long if they had any intention of making such a thing happen, I doubt I'll ever actually like her on the same level as the other characters.

Edit: This helps though.

It all makes sense. Fluttershy was the architect of their near doom. She fed the parasprites and by doing so probably gave them the energy they needed to reach the next level in their life cycle.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omjCq3tSdD4
DEAR GOD WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!

probably nothing
exranio

Post by exranio »

That's pretty much the reasons I like Rarity the most.

She's not afraid to use or manipulate to her personal gain. She will get her way one way or another. She has the highest capacity to be a complete jerk to people next to RD. and she also seems to think she than you. On top of all that she's also fancy and overdramatic.

Which for me are all reasons that Rarity is freaking awesome compared to the rest.

Of course it's worth noting my favorite ponies (and gryphon) consist of
Rarity- already went over
Trixie- a bragger, show off, who also thinks she's better than you
Gilda- a punk who likes yelling at people and being an overal jerk
Berry Punch- an alcoholic by fanon
Diamond Tiara- A complete little ball of evil
and Snails- so stupid he's adorable
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

interesting choice of favourites
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

I think Rarity's...difference, from her element actually makes her incredibly interesting. She doesn't always succeed, but we see her strive to rise above her selfish tendencies and be better than she is. In that way, Rarity's the most like an actual person, living person, and viewers are interested in watching personal struggles that they can relate to.

This might also explain why Applejack is commonly a least-favorite for people. She almost never has to struggle to live up to her Element of Honesty.
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

actually i think one thing that annoys me about criticisms about the characters, is when people keep pointing out how they didn't represant their elements, like when applejack lies, or rarity is greedy
did anyone ever think that no one is ever one thing?
no one can perfectly represent a trait, we all do something opposite sometimes
some more than others
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

exranio wrote:That's pretty much the reasons I like Rarity the most.
I'm honestly not sure if you're joking or not...

I mean, I know that liking villains for being good at being evil is a thing; I like villains. But praising a protagonist for that sort of thing? Honestly now.
Penwrite wrote:She doesn't always succeed, but we see her strive to rise above her selfish tendencies and be better than she is.
That's just it, though. We don't see her strive to rise above anything. Certainly not where Spike's concerned.

I can tell you one thing: if she were a real person, I and most of the people I know would see her actions towards Spike as proof positive that she's a class-A [insert derogatory term here].

@mario: I don't know if that was at all directed at me, but personally, I feel there's a pretty big difference between criticizing a character for not perfectly representing their element and strait-up ignoring the fact they represent that element without any repercussion whatsoever.
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
exranio

Post by exranio »

No I'm pretty serious, those are all the reasons I like her the most.
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

aaw

it's so sweet, and romantic, and innocent

daaaaaaaaaw
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Those are incredibly sweet and beautiful. Johnjoseco is a wonder.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

So, what are your Favorite Songs in the series?

My top 10 (I'm counting the reprises of the songs as tied with the main song. i.e. This Day Aria and This Day Aria (Reprise) are tied I'm just not writing it out plus if I didn't consider them all tied I would take up to many slots with Reprises. But of course you don't have to do it that way.)

1. This Day Aria (For me this song rivals some of my favorite Disney songs, Its just that good)
2. Smile, Smile, Smile (It just barely loses to This Day Aria)
3. At the Gala
4. Winter Wrap Up
5. Art of the Dress
6. Giggle at the Ghosties
7. Evil Enchantress
8. The World Famous Flim-Flam Brothers
9. Becoming Popular (The Pony Everypony Should Know)
10. Find a Pet
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

IceKitsune wrote:So, what are your Favorite Songs in the series?

My top 10 (I'm counting the reprises of the songs as tied with the main song. i.e. This Day Aria and This Day Aria (Reprise) are tied I'm just not writing it out plus if I didn't consider them all tied I would take up to many slots with Reprises. But of course you don't have to do it that way.)

1. This Day Aria (For me this song rivals some of my favorite Disney songs, Its just that good)
2. Smile, Smile, Smile (It just barely loses to This Day Aria)
3. At the Gala
4. Winter Wrap Up
5. Art of the Dress
6. Giggle at the Ghosties
7. Evil Enchantress
8. The World Famous Flim-Flam Brothers
9. Becoming Popular (The Pony Everypony Should Know)
10. Find a Pet
I think I'd blow up my brain trying to put the songs into any kind of list. Good for you being able to do it though!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Smile Smile Smile is my favorite, followed by Winter Wrap Up.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

my favorite songs:
1)smile smile smile
2)This day aria
3)winter wrap up
4)At the gala

I disliked the rest
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

mariomarc wrote:so just a thought
are the changelings a type of pony, or a completely different creature?
Different Creature.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Well guys according to this report My Little Pony is basically the only thing to show any growth in the girls toy lines and the show is doing rather well, not even counting the adults who watch it. So this is rather good for the fans basically there is almost no way we aren't getting season 4 at this point with those ratings.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

IceKitsune wrote:Well guys according to this report My Little Pony is basically the only thing to show any growth in the girls toy lines and the show is doing rather well, not even counting the adults who watch it. So this is rather good for the fans basically there is almost no way we aren't getting season 4 at this point with those ratings.
Let's focus on getting a full season 3 before we start thinking about season 4.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Penwrite wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:Well guys according to this report My Little Pony is basically the only thing to show any growth in the girls toy lines and the show is doing rather well, not even counting the adults who watch it. So this is rather good for the fans basically there is almost no way we aren't getting season 4 at this point with those ratings.
Let's focus on getting a full season 3 before we start thinking about season 4.
Its possible they will only do a 13 episode season 3 and then go right into season 4. But they could always order more episodes of season 3 and do a split season, one part in the fall and one in the spring/summer. Don't worry with it being 2nd place in its demographic its extremely likely to get more seasons.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I think it's unlikely. They just ordered 13 episodes so they reach the minimum for syndication. I'm sure they'll order the rest of the season soon-ish.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Favorite song is still Smile (Smile Smile). I'm not sure whether This Day Aria has surpassed Winter Wrap-Up for my #2 spot or not. I think WWU would win out, if only because This Day Aria isn't a full-length song. Like the episodes themselves, the song (while awesome) just seems too short.

Outside of those, I don't think I could really chisel out any sort of order to how much I like them. I don't really like most of Pinkie's impromptu "songs", though. The only real exception is Giggle at the Ghosties; that, and I like Flutterguy's reprise of Evil Enchantress. :3
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

I'm waiting anxious for someone to do a remix of the "This Day Aria" ading the bit when queen chrysalis sang after she transformed.
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

angelusbr wrote:I'm waiting anxious for someone to do a remix of the "This Day Aria" ading the bit when queen chrysalis sang after she transformed.
Same here I would love to listen to that. With as quick as the fandom works I'm sure it won't be long for someone to combine the Main song and the Reprise.
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

while i am anxious about having a half sized season, i have heard people say that this may mean more time put into those episodes than a regular size season

so 13 amazing episodes every 2 weeks (i would think 2 weeks between anyways), or 26 slightly less amazing episodes every week?
which is better
more pony or better pony
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

mariomarc wrote:while i am anxious about having a half sized season, i have heard people say that this may mean more time put into those episodes than a regular size season

so 13 amazing episodes every 2 weeks (i would think 2 weeks between anyways), or 26 slightly less amazing episodes every week?
which is better
more pony or better pony
more AND better ponies.
=3
but I agree that 13 epic episodes are better than 26 mediocre ones. Maybe they asked for 13 episodes because they didn't have much faith in season 2 or maybe they just didn't have many ideas...
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

My favorite song depends on which one I just listened to. XD

Perhaps they're doing something like Doctor Who did between seasons 4 and 5, have several longer than average, more expensive than average episodes spread throughout the year.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Or they may be going the route shows on USA go and, as I think someone suggested already, having two half seasons a year with less of a wait between sets of new episodes.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

^ That would please me immensely.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

just thought of something

someone should combine the scene of the changelings breaking the bubble
with the blowing of the dome from battlefield earth
just somehow
i think it would be hilarious

edit:
chrysalis has existed for a week now
she already has a plushie on ebay
look at the price
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... 0750064623

WHAT
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

angelusbr wrote:I'm waiting anxious for someone to do a remix of the "This Day Aria" ading the bit when queen chrysalis sang after she transformed.
Here are some.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oab5NGxQq48

http://soundcloud.com/arkanemetal/this- ... etal-remix
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

Kyderra wrote:
Here are some.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oab5NGxQq48

http://soundcloud.com/arkanemetal/this- ... etal-remix
thanks. I only liked the second one, thou.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

mariomarc wrote:chrysalis has existed for a week now
look at the price

WHAT
Holy carp! That's passing up Gala Fluttershy and Gala Rainbow Dash as the most expensive MLP plushie ever! Which is a shame; those two are absolutely perfect in every way. This one is just big and based on a new, popular villain. I guess low supply of Chrysalis plushies due to difficulty of construction and how long she's existed makes this one very sought-after. I mean, she is really well-done. Just not Gala plush quality.
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

Sleet wrote:
mariomarc wrote:chrysalis has existed for a week now
look at the price

WHAT
Holy carp! That's passing up Gala Fluttershy and Gala Rainbow Dash as the most expensive MLP plushie ever! Which is a shame; those two are absolutely perfect in every way. This one is just big and based on a new, popular villain. I guess low supply of Chrysalis plushies due to difficulty of construction and how long she's existed makes this one very sought-after. I mean, she is really well-done. Just not Gala plush quality.
It was fanmade, wasn't it? Can they actually SELL it without breaking copyright?
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

They're all fanmade. And either it's not infringement, or Hasbro doesn't care. If they want our plushie money, they can make plushies that don't look like they came out of the butt of an actual horse.
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

i always find it amusing and incredably aggravating when companies like hasbro, who have plenty of money to spare, don't think that making a higher quality product, will make them more money
clearly some bronies have thousands of dollars to spare, maybe hasbro should try harder for their money
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Pfff. I wish I had that kind of money to dump on a plush. I can't even afford to buy the $400 ones I've found from someone on DA whose taken to doing custom FiM commissions.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

mariomarc wrote:i always find it amusing and incredably aggravating when companies like hasbro, who have plenty of money to spare, don't think that making a higher quality product, will make them more money
clearly some bronies have thousands of dollars to spare, maybe hasbro should try harder for their money
This is because Hasbro is targeting young girls and young girls do not have disposable income. Contrary to Bronies popular belief Hasbro doesn't care at all about what you want, even a little bit. Bronies are basically non-existent to them. All of the nods to the older fans were done by Studio B and Hasbro either didn't know about it or just didn't care. Now is it dumb that they are ignoring Bronies so much, IMO yes its really short sited on their part but its the truth.
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

seriously
you think they would have at least one person in the entire company keeping an eye on who is watching the show and buying the toys
i mean, i guess they haven't needed that till now considering what mlp was before fim, but still
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

I'm pretty sure most bronies understand that Studio B, not Hasbro, are the ones behind the nods to us in the show.

The only point mario was making is that it takes some real doing to completely miss the fact that a huge portion of the people who watch one of your most popular television programs and biggest money-makers would be able, and more than willing, to spend a lot more money if they'd bother to put some more effort into their merchandise.