Discuss the comic here
The Game

Re: Wild Mass Guessing

Post by The Game »

Absolutely not. :P
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

copper wrote:Ugh, let's just drop it before this gets out of hand. It doesn't really have to make sense, anyway. I mean, this is the Wild Mass Guessing Thread, after all.

Peanut enters a trivia contest being held at the library. He wins a special trip to a pets only resort in the Florida Keys for him and a guest. As part of the deal, he will be in a bungalow on the hotel premises, but the bungalow is secluded with its own private beach. The Sandwiches' worry what Peanut will do, so they "suggest" to Peanut that he take Grape with him. He agrees enthusiastically to this. As they board the plane, Peanut whispers to Grape that he was going to take her anyway, and that he couldn't think of anyone else he would rather take this trip with. She has no idea that Peanut is planning on confessing his love for her on this trip. Can he woo his kitty, or will it blow up in his face? Who the heck knows.

I'm sorry, Teh Brawler. I know that this is blatant fanfic material, but when it popped up in my mind, I had to post it. :lol:
Meh, I never did like fanfics that broke from canon. :3
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

It turns out that Fox is a lot older than he looks. He is really almost 13 years old! He was a police dog in the k9 unit for years, but retired just before he and officer Bill moved to Babylon Gardens. He doesn't want any of the pets to know because he has the pack mentality that all dogs have, and doesn't want to be ostracized for this little fact. He is so calm and patient and wise because he has the advantage of experiencing a long, full life. He thinks his secret is safe until his six year old son shows up with his family to Babylon Gardens. They are there visiting their relatives, the owners of Joey. The son of Fox, appropriately named "kit", decides to take a walk with his cousin Joey to see the "pet-friendly" neighborhood. A few minutes in, they run into Fox and King out for a leisurely stroll. Both Fox and Kit stop dead in their tracks when they see each other. Wildly staring at Fox, Kit is the first to speak, only managing to stammer out "D-Dad!?"
Last edited by copper on Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

copper wrote:It turns out that Fox is a lot older than he looks.
He is from ancient Egypt.
Image Image
Samson

Post by Samson »

Fiddler and Keys will make another appearance in the year 2011 sometime between January 1 and December 31.
Just a wild guess.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

In 2011, a new cat will move into the neighborhood. This cat will be an important enough character that she will stay in the comic. She, just like the barn cats, has a way with dogs, until she attracts the wrong dog--Peanut. Grape goes wildly jealous and attempts to run the other cat out of town, or at least get her to leave Peanut alone, but the other cat refuses. Grape is forced to resort to 'drastic measures' and try to openly woo Peanut.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

copper wrote:It turns out that Fox is a lot older than he looks. He is really almost 13 years old! He was a police dog in the k9 unit for years, but retired just before he and officer Bill moved to Babylon Gardens. He doesn't want any of the pets to know because he has the pack mentality that all dogs have, and doesn't want to be ostracized for this little fact. He is so calm and patient and wise because he has the advantage of experiencing a long, full life. He thinks his secret is safe until his six year old son shows up with his family to Babylon Gardens. They are there visiting their relatives, the owners of Joey. The son of Fox, appropriately named "kit", decides to take a walk with his cousin Joey to see the "pet-friendly" neighborhood. A few minutes in, they run into Fox and King out for a leisurely stroll. Both Fox and Kit stop dead in their tracks when they see each other. Wildly staring at Fox, Kit is the first to speak, only managing to stammer out "D-Dad!?"
You mad genius...
Alex

Post by Alex »

Tha Housedog wrote:In 2011, a new cat will move into the neighborhood. This cat will be an important enough character that she will stay in the comic. She, just like the barn cats, has a way with dogs, until she attracts the wrong dog--Peanut. Grape goes wildly jealous and attempts to run the other cat out of town, or at least get her to leave Peanut alone, but the other cat refuses. Grape is forced to resort to 'drastic measures' and try to openly woo Peanut.
But the barn cats have a way with dogs just in Sinder's fanfiction...
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Tha Housedog wrote:In 2011, a new cat will move into the neighborhood. This cat will be an important enough character that she will stay in the comic. She, just like the barn cats, has a way with dogs, until she attracts the wrong dog--Peanut. Grape goes wildly jealous and attempts to run the other cat out of town, or at least get her to leave Peanut alone, but the other cat refuses. Grape is forced to resort to 'drastic measures' and try to openly woo Peanut.
The cat will be Res.
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Which was Peanut's plan all along! He set the whole thing up with one of Joey's "friends" by which I mean ex-girlfriend just to get Grape jealous. He knew that the affections of another cat would cause envy to burn within his crush and force her to realize her feelings for him. Peanut knows Grape even better than she does, and knows that they share the feelings that he constantly expresses to her. When Grape starts to openly woo Peanut, he is ecstatic, but hides it. He wants to toy with her for a little while first...

That is what you were thinking isn't it, Tha Housedog!? You Grapenut Shippers and your crazy, cute scenarios! :lol:
My characters
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:
The cat will be Res.
wut
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

copper wrote:
Which was Peanut's plan all along! He set the whole thing up with one of Joey's "friends" by which I mean ex-girlfriend just to get Grape jealous. He knew that the affections of another cat would cause envy to burn within his crush and force her to realize her feelings for him. Peanut knows Grape even better than she does, and knows that they share the feelings that he constantly expresses to her. When Grape starts to openly woo Peanut, he is ecstatic, but hides it. He wants to toy with her for a little while first...

That is what you were thinking isn't it, Tha Housedog!? You Grapenut Shippers and your crazy, cute scenarios! :lol:
Aww, you got me! :D
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Turns out that Miles and Lucretia aren't wolves at all. They are wolf-husky hybrids who went feral and started a pack with some other runaway pets. They wanted to go back to the city because they couldn't really cut it in the wild. The cubs know nothing of this, and that's the way they want to keep it. Daryl, Miles "brother," is an actual wolf who taught them how to survive when they first went feral.
My characters
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

copper wrote:Turns out that Miles and Lucretia aren't wolves at all. They are wolf-husky hybrids who went feral and started a pack with some other runaway pets. They wanted to go back to the city because they couldn't really cut it in the wild. The cubs know nothing of this, and that's the way they want to keep it. Daryl, Miles "brother," is an actual wolf who taught them how to survive when they first went feral.

I wonder, where do you come up with this stuff. :mrgreen:
Karl

Post by Karl »

CaptainPea wrote:
copper wrote:It turns out that Fox is a lot older than he looks.
He is from ancient Egypt.
Not true! He was born in Phoenicia!
I'm a bookworm!
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

in february the strip ends when a cascade of chimpanzees burst forth from the panel gutters and eat the characters and it turns out that the comic was just a ruse for rick griffin's evil plot to take over the world with digital monkeys
run while you can
Image Image
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Barkeron wrote:
copper wrote:Turns out that Miles and Lucretia aren't wolves at all. They are wolf-husky hybrids who went feral and started a pack with some other runaway pets. They wanted to go back to the city because they couldn't really cut it in the wild. The cubs know nothing of this, and that's the way they want to keep it. Daryl, Miles "brother," is an actual wolf who taught them how to survive when they first went feral.

I wonder, where do you come up with this stuff. :mrgreen:
The drunken fairy that sits on my shoulder tells me in between virulent cursing streams. Ask Tha Housedog, he can probably explain it better.

Oh, and Fox was born in Siberia at the end of the last Ice Age. He was the first Husky and founded the breed. He still exists due to the kindness of a cosmic player who had grown partial to the Husky breed.He preserved the original strain by making Fox immortal. Little did the player know that the power he had bestowed upon Fox was a curse masquerading as a gift. Fox had to watch as everyone and everything he ever knew would wither and die at his feetas he watched, unchanging, for all time. Fox purposefully sticks to people he doesn't like so that he no longer has to experience the pain of loss again. He had just given up hope of ever escaping his nightmare when he met King...
My characters
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Let me try.

Peanut wins a contest after he submits his comic, and is given the opportunity to get some of his work published while being consulted by a professional pet writer. When he arrives, he is met by Res, who is his consultant. He is unaware of who Res is, having never met him, and Res is unaware of who he is. However, they hit it off rather well, and become good friends.
One night, Peanut is missing Grape, and feels discontent with his status with her, longing to be on a deeper level relationally. Upset, he comes to Res with his problem. Res, not knowing that he's talking about Grape, decides to help by giving his feelings about another cat he likes, who he's going to visit after this event is finished. Peanut feels empowered by Res' words, and commits to convincing Grape that friendship isn't enough for him. The two encourage each other to move forward boldly throughout the rest of the event, and leave confidently.

The next time they meet is the next day, at the door of Peanut's house.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

In the end, it turns out everyone was actually a mouse in disguise, except Spo, who was a Rottweiler.
Image Image
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Here's a crazy one that just popped into my head.

It will soon be revealed that Kevin is the most wanted canine in Babylon Gardens. He lives a secret, double life as the notorius "Midnight Tackler," a villain who goes around at night tackle hugging every pet who is up, mostly cats. One dark night, the Midnight Tackler tackle hugs Grape Jelly and licks her cheek, making Grape blush. She develops a crush on this tall,dark, and mysterious outlaw. Peanut, seeing Grape and her developing infatuation with him decides to capture him, so that Grape will see his true identity.He gets the help of Fido and Sgt. Ralph. They wait in the bushes near where the Tackler usually strikes, and wait. Soon they see a shadow moving their way. They pounce, only to find out that it is Grape, looking for her crush so that she can confess her feelings. Then, out of nowhere and as quick as Lightning the Tackler lunges and lands on top of the group, giving each of them a lick on the cheek before leaving.

Grape is crushed. She thought that the lick meant that he liked her. Sgt. Ralph tells the group that Kevin uses this persona to get out all of his extra tackles, and since no one gets hurt, except for Grape's feelings apparently, he has let him continue, even though all of the police dogs know who it is.As Grape turns toward Peanut, she sees a cross look on his face. When they get home an argument develops, and a Grapenut story is born... :lol:
My characters
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

copper wrote:Here's a crazy one that just popped into my head.

It will soon be revealed that Kevin is the most wanted canine in Babylon Gardens. He lives a secret, double life as the notorius "Midnight Tackler," a villain who goes around at night tackle hugging every pet who is up, mostly cats. One dark night, the Midnight Tackler tackle hugs Grape Jelly and licks her cheek, making Grape blush. She develops a crush on this tall,dark, and mysterious outlaw. Peanut, seeing Grape and her developing infatuation with him decides to capture him, so that Grape will see his true identity.He gets the help of Fido and Sgt. Ralph. They wait in the bushes near where the Tackler usually strikes, and wait. Soon they see a shadow moving their way. They pounce, only to find out that it is Grape, looking for her crush so that she can confess her feelings. Then, out of nowhere and as quick as Lightning the Tackler lunges and lands on top of the group, giving each of them a lick on the cheek before leaving.

Grape is crushed. She thought that the lick meant that he liked her. Sgt. Ralph tells the group that Kevin uses this persona to get out all of his extra tackles, and since no one gets hurt, except for Grape's feelings apparently, he has let him continue, even though all of the police dogs know who it is.As Grape turns toward Peanut, she sees a cross look on his face. When they get home an argument develops, and a Grapenut story is born... :lol:
OH DEAR GOSH WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Teh Brawler wrote:

OH HOHOHOHOHO GUESS WHAT?

I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooo writing that...someday.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Tha Housedog wrote:
Teh Brawler wrote:

OH HOHOHOHOHO GUESS WHAT?

I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooo writing that...someday.
You should see the alternate version of this. It's even wilder and more Grapenutty. This is a watered down version of that guess.
My characters
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

everyone is a robot
Image Image
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

GAHHHHH! So much to write, so little time to write it!
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

all the other characters are in peanut's mind
Image Image
JageshemashFTW

Post by JageshemashFTW »

Max is able to win two tickets to the premier showing of the fourth, and last, pridelands movie, during which the theatre is having a raffle contest for a signed copy of the book and a coupon for half off the movie when it comes out on dvd. Having spent nearly 3 hours on Ebay doing a savage bidding war next to a savage bidding war next to a really savage bidding war, Max is extremley hyped for his potential date with Grape. But when he gets to her house to ask her, she says that while she wants to go more than anything she has made a previous engagement that she just cannot change to a different date. Seeing how disheartend Max is, Grape gives Max the idea of going with Peanut instead. Max, though a little hesitant at first to go to a cat-movie with a dog, remembers that Peanut does like pridelands and he doesn't seem to dislike Max. So Max, deciding it's better than letting the tickets go to waste, asks Peanut to go with him who accepts the invitation in a heartbeat.
To both their surprise, the two hit it off really well and they decide to keep on hanging out with each other. Over time, they begin to hang out so much and become so close that they are almost like brothers. Leaving Grape, who is feeling very forgotten, jealous of all the time her boyfriend and her best friend are hanging out with each other than they are with her.
Welcome to HexCom: viewtopic.php?t=5602
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

JageshemashFTW wrote: To both their surprise, the two hit it off really well and they decide to keep on hanging out with each other. Over time, they begin to hang out so much and become so close that they are almost like brothers. Leaving Grape, who is feeling very forgotten, jealous of all the time her boyfriend and her best friend are hanging out with each other than they are with her.
That would be awesome. :mrgreen:
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

All the characters will suddenly become gay and break off their previous relationships to fall in love with characters of the same gender who they met on that very same day....

....JUST LIKE IN PF.
Teh Brawler wrote:
RockstarRaccoon wrote:
The cat will be Res.
wut
I see no reference to Housepets there, and therefore, your link is invalid.

Edit: TERRIFYING NEW WILD GUESS -
Housepets will become expressly Furry and Christian themed, bringing these traits to ridiculous heights. We'll see the HP world transformed into one without humans, where every strip makes a cited biblical reference, and all the animals wear full clothing at all times. We'll see arcs about Grape and Max (now married) dressing up and going to church, Peanut and Trisha's (Tarot's non-magical, christian-themed replacement) puppies getting into boring antics that are more boring than anything that actually happens in real life, and pretty much nothing interesting or fun or even remotely worth putting in a comic. I think we all know what I'm saying here: Housepets will (dare I say it) become an uber-furry version of... The Family Circus.
All the readers who do not fall under both categories will vomit leave, alienated forever. And thus, Rick Griffin goes the way of DC Simpson...

And then a skeleton pops out.
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

RockstarRaccoon wrote: Edit: TERRIFYING NEW WILD GUESS -
Housepets will become expressly Furry and Christian themed, bringing these traits to ridiculous heights. We'll see the HP world transformed into one without humans, where every strip makes a cited biblical reference, and all the animals wear full clothing at all times. We'll see arcs about Grape and Max (now married) dressing up and going to church, Peanut and Trisha's (Tarot's non-magical, christian-themed replacement) puppies getting into boring antics that are more boring than anything that actually happens in real life, and pretty much nothing interesting or fun or even remotely worth putting in a comic. I think we all know what I'm saying here: Housepets will (dare I say it) become an uber-furry version of... The Family Circus.
All the readers who do not fall under both categories will vomit leave, alienated forever. And thus, Rick Griffin goes the way of DC Simpson...

And then a skeleton pops out.
So...basically the opposite of Original Life? *dodges ban hammers...he hopes*

Edit for a guess: In March Pete will make a reappearance, as the new owner of Daisy.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

I can't hold this one in any longer:

Throughout the comic the neighborhood cats have been playing a horrible game on the dogs. The cats have decided to actively woo the dogs. The game is simple enough; each dog is assigned a number of points, and the cat with the highest score when the game is over will win. Sabrina scored a big coupe when she snagged Fido. She is the current point leader, but if Grape gets Peanut to date her, then she will be a close second. Joey has the lowest score, since he has always been a cat lover, but no one has scored the top prize, Bino, yet...

All of the relationships in Housepets! goes along with this game. Max and Grape are dating to make Peanut more attracted to Grape, since they are in an alliance. When they end their "relationship" Grape will run straight into Peanut's arms. Max will soon woo Daisy, Sabrina is comfortable with Fido, and Marvin is going after Sasha soon. Tarot knows about this game, but cannot interfere, so she is dating Peanut to try to spare Peanut's feelings. Her cryptic message to Grape was a warning not to toy with Peanut's emotions.

This ties into the original game. Bino overheard Max and Marvin discussing the game and asked what game they were playing. Max, thinking on his feet, made up the game and told Bino, who quickly passed it along to the rest of the neighborhood. Whenever Max hears the dogs discuss the Game, he starts howling with laughter. He is very proud of that little lie. :lol:

Oh yes, this is how I think. The cats are evil. Pete is actually impressed with the cats for this game.
My characters
Samson

Post by Samson »

King will attend a Good Ol' Dogs Club party with Fox. Bino will pass out drunk from overindulgence of Orange Soda and King will exact his revenge by shaving Bino bald head to toe and gluing cat fur all over his body.
Hilarity shall ensue.
Alex

Post by Alex »

What's the difference between catfur and dogfur?
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

Nitrosparxx

Post by Nitrosparxx »

One day, joey will wake up to realize that he has Superpowers. Whilst incestigating his new powers, he recieves a vision from the heavens that he is the son of Gaia, and he most stop a grand evil.
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

I don't know if someone already came up with something like this, but here i go:
Near the end of Housepets, The Kitsune tells King that he's going to give him a magic stone that can grant a wish. King says he wants to use it right away to become human, but them the Kitsune tells him that he should think a little if he really wants that. In any case he told him that King should at least spend the day saying goodbye to the friends he had made.
Meanwhile Sasha's father insanity comes to an extreme and he hurts her badly. King only discovers this by nightime when Kitsune gave him the stone. The corgi goes visit her in the hospital and hears that the vets are talking about "putting her to sleep" because she can't be healed.
then King sneaks into the rrom she was and uses the stone to heal her.
King becomes really happy that he saved a very dear friend, but he was a bit sad that he couldn't become human again.
The Kitsune then drags King once more to his D&D world and tells him that he was touched that he sacrificed everything to save Sasha, so Kitsune decides to give King a new life as human. Not as Joel. His human form would look different and have some other name, after all Joel is considered a fugitive. King then realizes that if he had wished to become human, he would just go bak to jail and spend a much longer time there.
With the new human apearance and life (The Kitsune moved a few reality straws and put Craig, King's new human name, on map). Then Craig/King adopts Sasha and becomes her new daddy.
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

peanut is really eddie murphy
Image Image
KizerZin

Post by KizerZin »

CaptainPea wrote:peanut is really eddie murphy
and Grape is Jim Carrey
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

In the WACKIEST comedy of the summer!
Eddie.png
Eddie.png (36.18 KiB) Viewed 13715 times
sop isa decsadent of gorge wahsintong
Image Image
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Marvin is really grape's genetic brother from the same litter. Grape blocked out all of her memories from being a kitten, so she doesn't remember. Marvin hasn't really seen Grape enough to recall this fact, and it doesn't help that the litter was separated when they were all very young. Marvin and Grape will soon figure it out, however, since they both have the same birthmark in their ear...

I was going to say Max, but that is a little too creepy.
My characters
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Captain Pea is Rick Griffin.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN