My Little Pony

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Penwrite

Re: My Little Pony

Post by Penwrite »

angelusbr wrote:This pic made me d'aww
http://dash.ponychan.net/chan/files/src ... 544089.jpg
:shock: That...that is...so freaking sweet! Augh!
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

Being cross-eyed is not a bad thing! People love creatures like that. Just look at the recently deceased Heidi the Possum from Germany.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/ja ... m-facebook

People didn't mock her for her unique appearance! They loved her for it!

R.I.P. Heidi. Your raiding the chicken coups of angels now.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Radio Blue Heart wrote:Being cross-eyed is not a bad thing! People love creatures like that. Just look at the recently deceased Heidi the Possum from Germany.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/ja ... m-facebook

People didn't mock her for her unique appearance! They loved her for it!

R.I.P. Heidi. Your raiding the chicken coups of angels now.
D: Heidi's...dead? Dang...
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

angelusbr wrote:By the way, who also think they're the mayor's family?
http://chzbronies.files.wordpress.com/2 ... 627b26.png
I like those one-piece business suits. :lol:

And yeah, I've seen that game several times. Every time I got to Gamestop or the Walmart electronics section. It makes me sad.
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

angelusbr wrote:The horror...
http://chzbronies.files.wordpress.com/2 ... 114ffe.png
By the way, who also think they're the mayor's family?
http://chzbronies.files.wordpress.com/2 ... 627b26.png
I don't know what it is, but there's something about those smiles that I really, really like.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Can Hasbro please kill the old style entirely? D:
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Radio Blue Heart

If they are censoring Derpy for being an accused stereotype of people who are mentally handicapped, then why are Spongebob and Patrick allowed on the air? There is no justice in this world.
-Virgil
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

Best use of my PS vita is playing Games, ofcourse :I

"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
Radio Blue Heart

Mother and child.

-Virgil
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Kyderra wrote:Best use of my PS vita is playing Games, ofcourse :I

I suddenly find my desire for a PS Vita growing.
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

Pony Spike
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/ ... 4rd92a.png

I've seen many people drawing him as a pegasus or an earth pony. But nobody draws him as an unicorn (I haven't seen one yet).
Last edited by angelusbr on Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

angelusbr wrote:Pony Spike

I've seen many people drawing him as a pegasus or an earth pony. But nobody draws him an unicorn (I haven't seen one yet).
Looking good, Spike, looking real good!
Mctwisp

Post by Mctwisp »

Penwrite wrote:

I've seen many people drawing him as a pegasus or an earth pony. But nobody draws him an unicorn (I haven't seen one yet).
I think it's because he don't have necessary characteristics to being a unicorn.

what that it's reminds me. I saw a story about Spike be transformed into a pegasus pony.

Oh To Be Diferent - Fanfiction.net
"It's not a good thing to be remembered, and the worst is I remember." - McTwisp
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I think I have a problem. I listen to enough pony music that I actually have a top 5 for musicians. In such a tiny, ridiculous niche of the music world. For the record:

5.) The Living Tombstone
4.) Replacer
3.) Mic the Microphone
2.) PinkiePieSwear
1.) Alex S.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

I think my top is PinkiePieSwear, because I love that type of music.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

His music is great, but I'd call Party the Pinkie the best song to ever come out of the fandom. Not to mention Alex S.'s remix of Luna, which I've posted before.

Come to think of it, I don't remember any pony songs The Living Tombstone did by himself. I just know he's a great collaborator. He wrote the track for this fantastic remix, and he played the solo on Party With Pinkie.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

yeah, I that one's pretty good too. it's similar to PPS's stuff.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

Mctwisp wrote:
Penwrite wrote:

I think it's because he don't have necessary characteristics to being a unicorn.

what that it's reminds me. I saw a story about Spike be transformed into a pegasus pony.

Oh To Be Diferent - Fanfiction.net
but Spike has MAGICAL fire...
I've seen that fanfic before. I didn't like it very much.
Radio Blue Heart

Another youtube debate that started up around the first episode. When the ponies get their Elements of Harmony powers, are they more like the Power Rangers or more like the Sailor Scouts?
-Virgil
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

rabbit season. duck season.
the sign said 2 bits. It was perfectly fine to ask that price.
lol royalty free Eye of the Tiger ripoff.
I think with the whole blocking thing, they forget that she can actually fly over them.
Iron Will = Discord in disguise.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Radio Blue Heart wrote:Another youtube debate that started up around the first episode. When the ponies get their Elements of Harmony powers, are they more like the Power Rangers or more like the Sailor Scouts?
They were more like Sailor Scouts (though it doesn't matter because Sailor Moon is just a fusion between the Magical Girl Genre and Super Sentai anyway so it has always been both.) Lauren Faust wanted it to originally be more like a Magical Girl show much like Sailor Moon but the higher ups at Hasbro said no.

As for the new episode it was pretty good it was actually nice to see Pinkie Pie and Rarity hanging out kind of surprised they picked those two for this episode but it was a nice change of pace.
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote: I think with the whole blocking thing, they forget that she can actually fly over them.
True, but Fluttershy always forgets she can fly when she would really needs to/it could make life easier so its not really that surprising.
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Fluttershy beating the crap outta random ponies was hysterical. XD Aside from that, and Pinkie's rendition of the Rabbit/Duck season bit from Looney Toons, I didn't think the episode was all that great.

The very first thing I noticed was that Angel apparently only eats one, highly specific assortment of veggies, and is threatening to starve himself if Fluttershy doesn't get it for him. And Fluttershy didn't know what this dish was, and didn't think she could make it. So how the heck has Angel survived over the years?

Another thing that bothered me: this episode took a point that was made about another in the past (can't remember which) where all of the ponies in Ponyville randomly became cruel-hearted, opportunistic I love you for no good reason, and amplified it. Just about every pony that Fluttershy came across in this episode had a serious stick shoved up their flank, and it really made it hard to follow at points.

It also seemed remarkably short for some reason. I don't feel like it was overly rushed, but the episode just seemed to fly by a lot quicker than most episodes do. -shrug-
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

KJOokami wrote:Fluttershy beating the crap outta random ponies was hysterical. XD Aside from that, and Pinkie's rendition of the Rabbit/Duck season bit from Looney Toons, I didn't think the episode was all that great.

The very first thing I noticed was that Angel apparently only eats one, highly specific assortment of veggies, and is threatening to starve himself if Fluttershy doesn't get it for him. And Fluttershy didn't know what this dish was, and didn't think she could make it. So how the heck has Angel survived over the years?

Another thing that bothered me: this episode took a point that was made about another in the past (can't remember which) where all of the ponies in Ponyville randomly became cruel-hearted, opportunistic ******* for no good reason, and amplified it. Just about every pony that Fluttershy came across in this episode had a serious stick shoved up their flank, and it really made it hard to follow at points.

It also seemed remarkably short for some reason. I don't feel like it was overly rushed, but the episode just seemed to fly by a lot quicker than most episodes do. -shrug-
I agree a bit, I thought the episode was ok not really bad but not really great either 5/10 episode for sure. The Rabbit/Duck season thing was funny as was her beating up people was also funny and as I said before Rarity and Pinkie Pie hanging out was a nice change of pace. I also liked the Valley Girl ponies she ran into. Though the one thing that brought this episode down for me was mostly, as you said, the pacing seemed off to me.
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Yeah, I didn't dislike the episode. The humor more than kept me entertained. :p "You cut in line, and I'll take what's mine!" It was like Discord-Fluttershy all over again; which was awesome!

I also thought the Pinkie/Rarity thing was nice, as we've seen several of the Mane 6 hanging out together on-and-off throughout the series now. Rainbow Dash and Pinkie pulling pranks, Rarity and Fluttershy at the spa, RD and Applejack doing a project at AJ's place, Twilight and RD in the library, and now Pinkie and Rarity. :) It's nice to see that they all hang out with one another on occasion, outside of the things they do as a big group.
Radio Blue Heart

I love the "Incredible Hulk" reference when she realizes what she has done and heads back into the house. I would say "New Fluttershy" is more like "Grape Fluttershy".
-Virgil
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

did anyone catch the Mr. T line at the seminar
"i pity the fool who doubts iron will's methods"

he kind of reminded me of Hulk Hogan

also, fluttershy was hilarious
and many more great faces

i like how Iron Will just excepted that he lost and got over it

one more thing
ANGEL SLAPPED FLUTTERSHY
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

[quote="Radio Blue Heart"]Mother and child.

If canon ever makes Derpy childless, the /wrists will flood the worlds oceans. So much fan art for a not even confirmed pair.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I loved all the Looney Toons stuff coming from Pinkie Pie in this episode.

Also, wow Angel is a jerk.

I also noticed how Fluttershy says no one pushes her around right before the taxi driver pulls her around. I think that was intentional.
Foxstar

Post by Foxstar »

I think Angel being a jerk is a in-joke given that his owner is the most gentle pony in Ponyville.
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Even so, he was just downright brutal in this last episode. I think that's the first time I've ever wanted to throttle a bunny rabbit.

It sounds so devilish just putting the words 'throttle' and 'bunny' in the same sentence; unless of course we're talking about bunnies on motorcycles, because that'd be pretty boss.
Radio Blue Heart

Discord vs Nightmare Moon

Ultimate battle of Evil versus Evil!

Now taking all bets! Who do you think it will be?
-Virgil
Foxstar

Post by Foxstar »

Discord is more Chaos then 'evil'
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

i'm pretty sure we all know discord would win
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

In all honesty, I don't think we've yet seen an antagonist in the show who could truly be called 'evil'. Discord wanted to make life less "boring", and being the embodiment of chaos and disharmony, he did so in the only way he knew how: by spreading chaos and disharmony (but mostly chaos). As far as he was concerned, he was doing everyone a favor by livening things up, and anyone who felt otherwise simply needed to loosen up.

And Luna, as Nightmare Moon, was doing what she felt was necessary to make everyone notice and appreciate her role in the grand scheme of things. She was closer to a victim than an inherently 'evil' being. A victim of an ever-present overshadowing by her sister, and an inability to properly channel her emotions.

The closest thing we've had to an 'evil' antagonist was probably Gilda, because she literally was just cruel and mean-spirited to everyone for the sake of it. Maybe she had some sort of psychological scarring from her childhood which contributed to that, but all we really know of the situation is that she purposely went out of her way to upset and demean others. So, while I still wouldn't say she was 'evil', she was certainly closer to it than either Discord or Nightmare Moon were.

(Looking too deeply into a show about ponies: winning.)
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I'd call him both.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Just saw the episode, and I really liked it. It wasn't a Sisterhooves Social or Heart's Warming Heave, but it never sunk down to the level of, say, Mysterious Mare Do Well. The jokes were funny enough, and leave it to Pinkie Pie to do the "Rabbit season/Duck season" joke TWICE in an episode, and manage to have it funny both times! And of course, the animation was stellar as always. That close-up to Fluttershy's face in her house was especially neat.

Like others have said, I think the biggest problems were that it seemed shorter than usual, and the sudden spike in jerkiness the townsponies experienced. Perhaps if Fluttershy, Rarity, and Pinkie had been visiting another town or something instead it would have worked, as it's been established that not all ponies are so nice and noble.

Also, Mr. T minotaur is best minotaur. He came off as a bit of a jerk at first, but if you'll notice, he was polite and reasonable when the situation called for it, such as knocking on Fluttershy's door instead of breaking it down like you'd expect. He also accepted when he'd been outdone and left on peaceful terms. I think it's just really neat that the makers of the show actually put effort into making him something of a 3-dimensional character.

And yeah, it was great seeing Pinkie and Rarity hanging out more.
Radio Blue Heart

Foxstar wrote:Discord is more Chaos then 'evil'

He is a cruel, manipulative jerk. You can't take everything away from him. ;)
-Virgil