HPU: Apollo City

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Roarin

Re: HPU: Apollo City

Post by Roarin »

AnimeNerd88 wrote:Bullet couldn't help but pull a face at Avery. "You didn't get your psychology degree from a cereal box, right?" he asked, surprisingly serious, "Or do you really think that I'm not gonna try to cause chaos around this ship?"
"I should hope not. I believe I can trust my trainers at least that much." The canine quipped merrily. "And I think you may be misunderstanding my position here Mr. Bullet. I-" Avery paused for a second as she placed a hand on her chest, "-am a therapy dog. My job is to help people be happy and mentally healthy after they've suffered some sort of trauma" She crossed her arms and shook her head, "I'm not sure about you, but requesting any sort of containment or confinement for security doesn't seem like a recipe for a good start to an exciting trip!"
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
AnimeNerd88

Post by AnimeNerd88 »

Bullet's face quickly went from confused, to his normal smirk. "Well, if that's the case, I think I'd prefer looking around this place a bit," He said as he stood from his seat. He held a hand out to Avery and asked, "Any chance you would like to join me?"
Let's give it everything we've got! Get ready, because it's Punishment Time!
-Monokuma

What? Even if I like dark topics, I can't resist cuteness.
Deske

Post by Deske »

"It's not all its cracked up to be, but simultaneously it's more sophisticated than you might think. People respond to the littlest nuances in speech. The slightest tinge of sarcasm in your voice can make them react completely different to you than they would have." He watched the audition, noting various flaws he saw in her routine, "You have to phrase things certain ways, like not being blunt. It's considered rude. It adds an entirely new layer to speech processing since I have to think through how to say things instead of simply what to say. It's really fun though. You make deeper connections to others with emotion than logic alone." Once the show was finished he stood and walked down to the front of the auditorium, triangulating Kelly's location based on the data from a few receivers. When he did find her, he waited until she wasn't busy or at least when it looked like she wasn't busy, to say hello and introduce himself.

----

"Fascinating!" Enrique said excitedly. "I know it's a little selfish, but I can't help but think about how I would go about downsizing that concept. Semi-organic processors would require less cooling than filly electronic ones. I know the ideas been said about before but I've never really tried my hand at writing a neural net that could utilize it completely."
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

AnimeNerd88 wrote:Bullet's face quickly went from confused, to his normal smirk. "Well, if that's the case, I think I'd prefer looking around this place a bit," He said as he stood from his seat. He held a hand out to Avery and asked, "Any chance you would like to join me?"
"Hmm?" The canine asked, a hint of surprise in her own voice now as Bullet extended the offer. "Oh, hmm..." This was the first time a patient had ever extended an offer outside of counseling. Then again, she was never in the position to socialize with any patients when it didn't come to work. That of course isn't true here on Apollo City, where she'd probably be seeing a few on a daily basis simply passing by or possibly living near her. She'd have to get used to this...

"Well I do need to orient myself here aboard the ship. And I would like to explore..." She tapped her chin in thought. "Though I think it may be best to at least get accustomed to my living quarters before I do anything else." Avery gently bit her lip before letting out a soft "Ah." as a figurative lightbulb lit up in her brain. "It shouldn't take me more than an hour or two so how about...we." She paused, rummaging through her collar before whipping out a simple silver flip phone. "Exchange numbers. Maybe we could meet up in a few hours and look around the ship together?"

Ref Ref!
AnimeNerd88

Post by AnimeNerd88 »

"Well, it's going to have to be an exchange of a number," Bullets said, crossing his arms, "We don't have a phone since, with our luck, those ******* would track us easily. Of course, I wouldn't mind joining you." His smirk went to his muzzle again. He had to admit, as dense as she might be, she seemed...interesting. He didn't want her out of his sight just yet.
-Monokuma

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hotep the psychic wrote:Niner nodded slowly, he looked to his owner who would also nod as a show that he was free to do as he wanted at a new home of saftey. The small thump of the fox's tail hit the floor softly and with a continuous beat showing content as he moves to his owners side in front of maud
Maud nodded. "Very well. I will introduce you to one of our certified therapy dogs. Don't worry over the definition, he's a chronic big pal to everyone. He seems to like verything else everyone else likes. It's a gift." She walked back to the door and motioned Niner to follow. "So, wanna give it a try?"
---
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"There always seems to be one," Francis opined as the 'snow' fell, "who believes their measure of enjoyment is everyone else's. They're invariably wrong."
Hlaoroo wrote:"I guess, but it's not like anyone really gets known for poetry." Makani shrugs before becoming distracted by the snowflakes. He stares at one drifting towards him and then shoots his paw up and bats at it, waving the tip of his tail from side to side.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"This could get interesting," Francis gruffed, sweeping flakes off him.
Flash wasn't even paying attention. He looked entranced by the show. The actors had appeared on the scene, just like so many ghosts. They performed all the magic and the illusions of a proper Kabuki show, and soon the snow leopard was finding himself emitting throaty noises in synch with the songs. His tailtip was twitching madly.
---
Hlaoroo wrote:Todd stops the recording as he and Kelly start clapping before leading the group back to the stage to rejoin Nessie.
"That was very impressive. Bioluminescence?" he queries. "Or cybernetics? Or some combination thereof?"
"Genetics only. When my bioluminescence is activated by the pill, my colors change according to my mood. This allows my body to speak with sincerity to the victims I am rescuing, in case environmental conditions didn't allow me to speak at all. Heh, I trained a lot to be of a nice robin-bue to soothe panicky people... So, I guess you liked my performance?" She threw a sideways glance to Roux, who didn't look any the pleased.
---
Deske wrote:"Fascinating!" Enrique said excitedly. "I know it's a little selfish, but I can't help but think about how I would go about downsizing that concept. Semi-organic processors would require less cooling than filly electronic ones. I know the ideas been said about before but I've never really tried my hand at writing a neural net that could utilize it completely."
Three more passages were required before they stopped, at last, in the front of the ENTRANCE door. No warnings were painted anywhere, no 'danger' signs were visible. Just a thick blastproof crystal door. "Consider that, as it is, we *are* saving energy to cool down FETUS. We'd need a ship's worth of generators to cool down a non-organic supercomputer. But here we are, ready?"
The door opened, and they stepped into...a circular, perfectly empty chamber.
---
"As assistant, doctor, I could offer myself to help Bullet around the ship," Jemmy said. "Since I know it already, the task should be easier for me."
22xander

Post by 22xander »

"Hey, cat! Over here!" Roux shouted at the cat as she finished compleatly in her bowing and all that sort of stuff. He held out a drink for her, something with a bit of a flare and a kick to it.
AnimeNerd88

Post by AnimeNerd88 »

"Unless you can act as phone to her, no thanks, metal head," was Bullet's response to the offer, now giving the android a scowl. He faced back to Avery with a smile, though, as he said, "The only living things I'll search this ship with are things that emote, and I have a good feeling you don't."
-Monokuma

Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

Niner nodded to maud he was now curious how someone could be how she described and looked to his smiling owner whod only smile back
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

"Thanks, Jamie boy! We'll call ya when we need ya!"

"Anytime, chef!"

Dressed in his normal waiter attire, James skated out of the kitchen and to the front, where Marky was waiting for him. The two had agreed to go exploring together.

"Where to first, Marky?"

"You tell me, buddy!"

James grabbed Marky's wrist and eagerly began to pull him through the ships hallways.
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
Deske

Post by Deske »

Enrique looked around the room, a little surprised at the emptiness, "So. Where is it? I assume that it's either catered to off site with some sort of link or its housed in and throughout the ship." He walks over and runs a hand across the wall, "Am I close?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

valerio wrote: "Genetics only. When my bioluminescence is activated by the pill, my colors change according to my mood. This allows my body to speak with sincerity to the victims I am rescuing, in case environmental conditions didn't allow me to speak at all. Heh, I trained a lot to be of a nice robin-bue to soothe panicky people... So, I guess you liked my performance?" She threw a sideways glance to Roux, who didn't look any the pleased.
"Fascinating. And how long have you had this ability?"
Deske wrote:Once the show was finished he stood and walked down to the front of the auditorium, triangulating Kelly's location based on the data from a few receivers. When he did find her, he waited until she wasn't busy or at least when it looked like she wasn't busy, to say hello and introduce himself.
"Greetings." Kelly says, offering the large droid a gloved paw. "You must be Miguel. Excuse me saying, but you are much larger than I had anticipated. Welcome to the Doyle Theatre."

~~~~~~~~
valerio wrote: Flash wasn't even paying attention. He looked entranced by the show. The actors had appeared on the scene, just like so many ghosts. They performed all the magic and the illusions of a proper Kabuki show, and soon the snow leopard was finding himself emitting throaty noises in synch with the songs. His tailtip was twitching madly.
Makani is soon just as distracted as Flash but by the snow, not the show. He doesn't notice that his dishes have been cleared by an efficient droid as his eyes track individual snowflakes while his paws shoot out to catch them. He fixates on one particularly large snowflake and without thinking tries to pounce in it. However, the table is in his way, and his pounce knocks it over with a loud bang and the cat himself ends up atop the upturned table looking rather dazed.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Deske

Post by Deske »

Miguel did a slight bow before shaking her paw, "I suppose it was for structural integrity." He looks around at the theater and then to its performer, "Thanks for the welcome. It's nice to meet you face to face."
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

AnimeNerd88 wrote:"Unless you can act as phone to her, no thanks, metal head," was Bullet's response to the offer, now giving the android a scowl. He faced back to Avery with a smile, though, as he said, "The only living things I'll search this ship with are things that emote, and I have a good feeling you don't."
Avery crossed her arms across her chest and grimaced slightly. "I believe the droids here are advanced enough to adopt a personality or persona of their own. But if you're steadfast in your opinion then... Hmm, you could always come along with us to check out where our residency is, then we can go out together. Anyways." She let out a polite, "I am not confident in my own ability to navigate this ship on my own, at least yet." She glanced from Jemmy to Bullet and back again.
"How does that plan sound?"

Ref Ref!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hotep the psychic wrote:Niner nodded to maud he was now curious how someone could be how she described and looked to his smiling owner whod only smile back
(OOC: Minijump necessary)
Service Deck was just what it promised. Despite Apollo City being equipped with all the necessary to decentralize assistance, emergency situations were not supposed to be planning-friendly. And that explained, among other things, a multispecies clinic 24/7 ready.
"This is also supposed to work as emergency shelter, it is a modular structure that can stay afloat autonomously in case the ship got sunk. But for now, let's just say it serves as training school for the new technologies. Here, we forge the doctors of the future. And help people like Niner to make friends. Ready?" Maud stopped in front of a door whose LED plaque read 'ROZEN, CONSTANCE - CHIEF V.M.'
"Be careful, Niner," the woman warned jokingly. "I've seen Max tackle down a jaguar."
---
Mickey wrote:"Thanks, Jamie boy! We'll call ya when we need ya!"
"Anytime, chef!"
Dressed in his normal waiter attire, James skated out of the kitchen and to the front, where Marky was waiting for him. The two had agreed to go exploring together.
"Where to first, Marky?"
"You tell me, buddy!"
James grabbed Marky's wrist and eagerly began to pull him through the ships hallways.
...and they almost collided with a couple of male dalmatians -funny enough, they looked just perfectly identical to each other, down to the last spot. Though at that moment, what was really important was their reaction at the near-missed collision.
"Hey! Watch it you two lovebirds!" said the dog to the left.
"Yeah, and ain't ya supposed to be working, waiter?" said the other, equally upset.
---
Deske wrote:Enrique looked around the room, a little surprised at the emptiness, "So. Where is it? I assume that it's either catered to off site with some sort of link or its housed in and throughout the ship." He walks over and runs a hand across the wall, "Am I close?"
"Your first and second guess are correct, sir," answered the voice of...a human boy. At the same time, an enormous fetus, suspended in an egg-shaped sack, appeared in front of them. The thing had a light, almost transparent skin, and two big, wise eyes. His little mouth was curved in an enigmatic smile. "Welcome aboard. It is a pleasure to meet a creative talent of your likes."
---
Hlaoroo wrote:"Fascinating. And how long have you had this ability?"
"Since my birth. I belong to a batch of animals designed to rescue purposes. To be honest, at first they wanted us just to be glowing all the time in the darkness, but they discovered that a permanent luminscence would cause us an enormous stress, and would put us in danger in case we found ourselves in hostile territory. So they made us so that we could light up for a limited period of time and modulate our luminescence. Kids love it."
22xander wrote:"Hey, cat! Over here!" Roux shouted at the cat as she finished compleatly in her bowing and all that sort of stuff. He held out a drink for her, something with a bit of a flare and a kick to it.
"In case you hadn't noticed, my rogue, she is ignoring you," Nadine said. "She is very empathic, and she perceived your...disdain, and your manners are *not* helping." In fact, the woman's own gaze had slightly hardened, despite her manner staying polite to the public image's benefit. "And I don't like someone addressing my Nesse like that. You might want to refine your...attitude."
---
Hlaoroo wrote:Makani is soon just as distracted as Flash but by the snow, not the show. He doesn't notice that his dishes have been cleared by an efficient droid as his eyes track individual snowflakes while his paws shoot out to catch them. He fixates on one particularly large snowflake and without thinking tries to pounce in it. However, the table is in his way, and his pounce knocks it over with a loud bang and the cat himself ends up atop the upturned table looking rather dazed.
The show stopped at once. Macajuel was just chuckling himself silly, and Flash couldn't help holding his tummy as he boomed a laugh. "hāhāhāhāhāhāhā, but this was the richest for the day. Oh please, do it again, I can feel my health improving already...ihihihih!"
---
Roarin wrote:
AnimeNerd88 wrote:"Unless you can act as phone to her, no thanks, metal head," was Bullet's response to the offer, now giving the android a scowl. He faced back to Avery with a smile, though, as he said, "The only living things I'll search this ship with are things that emote, and I have a good feeling you don't."
Avery crossed her arms across her chest and grimaced slightly. "I believe the droids here are advanced enough to adopt a personality or persona of their own. But if you're steadfast in your opinion then... Hmm, you could always come along with us to check out where our residency is, then we can go out together. Anyways." She let out a polite, "I am not confident in my own ability to navigate this ship on my own, at least yet." She glanced from Jemmy to Bullet and back again.
"How does that plan sound?"
"I am willing to agree, though I must specify that, by default, I am unable to feel emotions. That is because I have been designed strictly for data analysis. This requires a detached mindset, I must not be involved emotionally, though I can convincingly simulate emotions for communications purposes. My counterpart, on the other hand, can display emotions spontaneously."
22xander

Post by 22xander »

Roux nocked the drink in his paw back, just sighing. "Yeah, fine, I get it. Though I'm sorry, but I realy think the music could have been done better. I mean she was wonderful, a stunning performance, but whoever did the accompaniment simply doesnt have the soul needed to win me over." He wiped his mouth with his furry paw, making sure not to mess up his current attire. "In any case, it doesn't matter. I am impressed with her performance regardless, yah understand Chere?" he played with his cards again, fiddling with them subconsciously and doing small tricks without even looking.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I think it's time to mingle," Francis said, standing from his seat and looking around for others to converse with.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

valerio wrote: ...and they almost collided with a couple of male dalmatians -funny enough, they looked just perfectly identical to each other, down to the last spot. Though at that moment, what was really important was their reaction at the near-missed collision.
"Hey! Watch it you two lovebirds!" said the dog to the left.
"Yeah, and ain't ya supposed to be working, waiter?" said the other, equally upset.
James skid to a stop, retracting his wheels and holding out his hand to stop Marky from falling over. James turned around to face the two dalmatians, still holding Marky by the wrist as he walked up to them.

"James. James, what're you doing?"

Marky's concern fell on deaf ears and soon James was standing right in front of the two dalmatians.

"Sorry about that, sirs! Guess I wasn't watching where I was going, huh?"

Marky looked at James, completely confused. The ani-droid didn't sound mad, let alone offended, at all. James held out his free hand to the dalmatians.

"Name's James! What're yours?"
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
Hotep the psychic

valerio wrote:
Hotep the psychic wrote:Niner nodded to maud he was now curious how someone could be how she described and looked to his smiling owner whod only smile back
(OOC: Minijump necessary)
Service Deck was just what it promised. Despite Apollo City being equipped with all the necessary to decentralize assistance, emergency situations were not supposed to be planning-friendly. And that explained, among other things, a multispecies clinic 24/7 ready.
"This is also supposed to work as emergency shelter, it is a modular structure that can stay afloat autonomously in case the ship got sunk. But for now, let's just say it serves as training school for the new technologies. Here, we forge the doctors of the future. And help people like Niner to make friends. Ready?" Maud stopped in front of a door whose LED plaque read 'ROZEN, CONSTANCE - CHIEF V.M.'
"Be careful, Niner," the woman warned jokingly. "I've seen Max tackle down a jaguar."
Niner blinked at the joke and showed a small smile of uncertainty. "wait an emergency area? wouldnt..... no never mind my owner specifically asked for his own office due to his experience......but at least max is a less hostile name for someone." Niner said as he wagged his tail back and forth. though for a cybernetic fox his machinery were very quiet. only the very faint click of the metal on the floor was all that showed his mechanical part
ImageImageImage
AnimeNerd88

Post by AnimeNerd88 »

Bullet pulled what could only be described as a 'Why are you still here' face towards Jemmy. "Uh, whatever. I don't really care that much," then looked Avery again, smile on his muzzle again, "I do like the idea of exploring together, though! Let's go now. This place has already gotten me bored."
-Monokuma

valerio

Post by valerio »

22xander wrote:Roux nocked the drink in his paw back, just sighing. "Yeah, fine, I get it. Though I'm sorry, but I realy think the music could have been done better. I mean she was wonderful, a stunning performance, but whoever did the accompaniment simply doesnt have the soul needed to win me over." He wiped his mouth with his furry paw, making sure not to mess up his current attire. "In any case, it doesn't matter. I am impressed with her performance regardless, yah understand Chere?" he played with his cards again, fiddling with them subconsciously and doing small tricks without even looking.
"If you're sorry, then prove her. What do you have in mind to atone?"
---
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I think it's time to mingle," Francis said, standing from his seat and looking around for others to converse with.
"Must agree on that," Piper puffed up. "Why not try with that pug? He seems the kind of pet who knows his way into society and not afraid to show it."
---
Mickey wrote:James skid to a stop, retracting his wheels and holding out his hand to stop Marky from falling over. James turned around to face the two dalmatians, still holding Marky by the wrist as he walked up to them.
"James. James, what're you doing?"
Marky's concern fell on deaf ears and soon James was standing right in front of the two dalmatians.
"Sorry about that, sirs! Guess I wasn't watching where I was going, huh?"
Marky looked at James, completely confused. The ani-droid didn't sound mad, let alone offended, at all. James held out his free hand to the dalmatians.
"Name's James! What're yours?"
"Zeke," said the one to the left.
"Quincy," said the one to the right, then shook warily the mechanical limb. "Where you two going?"
---
Hotep the psychic wrote:Niner blinked at the joke and showed a small smile of uncertainty. "wait an emergency area? wouldnt..... no never mind my owner specifically asked for his own office due to his experience......but at least max is a less hostile name for someone." Niner said as he wagged his tail back and forth. though for a cybernetic fox his machinery were very quiet. only the very faint click of the metal on the floor was all that showed his mechanical part
The door slid open. "Liz, your new patient is her--" a second later, a land-to-land missile darted by the woman and hit Niner at quasi-relativistic speed!
"NEW FRIEND, YAY!" said...the Finnish Lapphund who was wagging his butt crazy and panting happily over the poor Niner. "Hi I am Maximillian. Max for friends. Mom says it means for everyone we meet! You look cooool!" He started sniffing at the metal parts. "You look like a droid, but you smell like you're alive. What are you?"
A woman in her thirties, long red hair falling to her shoulders, wearing a white lab coat, stepped out the door. "Please forgive him, sir. Maximillian can be very...spontaneous. I am Elizabeth Rozen, the ship's head veterinarian."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Hmm," Francis said, considering, "I'm not so sure about that. Those in society? Rarely need to shout. Plus the Canine with the older human lady looks far more entertaining. Ah, they appear to have departed." He indicated a couple near the corner, a cat and dog combination. "Or those two, helping to break a pointless barrier?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hotep the psychic

valerio wrote:[
The door slid open. "Liz, your new patient is her--" a second later, a land-to-land missile darted by the woman and hit Niner at quasi-relativistic speed!
"NEW FRIEND, YAY!" said...the Finnish Lapphund who was wagging his butt crazy and panting happily over the poor Niner. "Hi I am Maximillian. Max for friends. Mom says it means for everyone we meet! You look cooool!" He started sniffing at the metal parts. "You look like a droid, but you smell like you're alive. What are you?"
A woman in her thirties, long red hair falling to her shoulders, wearing a white lab coat, stepped out the door. "Please forgive him, sir. Maximillian can be very...spontaneous. I am Elizabeth Rozen, the ship's head veterinarian."
Niner blinked once he could sense something coming and his eyes flashed a giant smile and a dog before he was on his back and had his ears back with that laphund sniffing him. Niner took a moment to hear Elizabeth before moving to stand up."niner,... nice to meet you both. And im a....well i guess you could say im a cyborg the fox said shaking himself off
ImageImageImage
Deske

Post by Deske »

Enrique stumbled back a few steps, taking in the sight, "Oh please, you flatter me. You're a wonder of modern technology, how could I possibly compare, anyway it is fantastic to meet you. I have questions if you don't mind." He took a breath before he rambled off a few, "How fast do you think? How many simultaneous processes can you run at once? Do you feel or have an emotion cortex? Do you have any external interfaces or is it all housed in a core?"
valerio

Post by valerio »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Hmm," Francis said, considering, "I'm not so sure about that. Those in society? Rarely need to shout. Plus the Canine with the older human lady looks far more entertaining. Ah, they appear to have departed." He indicated a couple near the corner, a cat and dog combination. "Or those two, helping to break a pointless barrier?"
"Intriguing, yesss..." Mac said, trying to taste the air with his tongue, looking out for funny smells. All the time, the two had acted quite...well, as if the rest of the world didn't matter -but not in a romantic way. "Know them, windpipe?" he asked his parrot friend -for how much loosely they could define each other...
The cat was a Norwegian, female, black stripes on steel-grey fur and green eyes. The dog, male, was a GSD monster muscled for bears.
"Can't say they ring a bell, slithering belt," Piper answered. They had seen their share of pets working for the mob, and those two looked like pros. Despite their groomers' jobs they couldn't hide all the scars -the cat had a three-line scratch over her right eye, the dog's chest looked like a battlefield. They had the bodies of fighters, and nice sharp claws. Yup, the kind of passengers that looked *way* too much like ambassadors of organized crime. Sooo, was it on purpose or just a coincidence? Only one way to find out, I guess." He put a wing in his beak...and let out a *shrill* whistle at the couple! For a moment, even the droids jumped at the noise. The couple's ears flicked with annoyance, then they turned at the responsible of that disturbance.
Piper waved his wing at the couple. "Yo! Mamapuppies, wanna try and get out of your shell? Treat's on me!"
"Hope they eat you first," Macajuel said.
---
Hotep the psychic wrote:Niner blinked once he could sense something coming and his eyes flashed a giant smile and a dog before he was on his back and had his ears back with that laphund sniffing him. Niner took a moment to hear Elizabeth before moving to stand up."niner,... nice to meet you both. And im a....well i guess you could say im a cyborg the fox said shaking himself off
"Like Terminator!?" If possible, Max's tail wagged even harder! "Extracool!!! Where did they build you? Yutani or Skynet?"
---
Deske wrote:Enrique stumbled back a few steps, taking in the sight, "Oh please, you flatter me. You're a wonder of modern technology, how could I possibly compare, anyway it is fantastic to meet you. I have questions if you don't mind." He took a breath before he rambled off a few, "How fast do you think? How many simultaneous processes can you run at once? Do you feel or have an emotion cortex? Do you have any external interfaces or is it all housed in a core?"
"First of all, believe me, the honor is mine as well. Technological evolution owes to its forefathers, and someone able to instill freedom of choice in an anidroid has jumped one big leap toward a better world.
"As to answer your questions: My speed has been estimated at 100 overlayered 100-petaflops layers. This allows me to run 5 trillion processes simultaneously. Yes, I do have an emotion cortex: my creators decided that I needed one in order to better elaborate on the meaning of my work and how to interface with the world of organics in order to take more appropriate decisions. As for my interface, I am part of the Gaia Project. As such I am virtually interfaced with every system in the world, even if this ship holds what is my 'main core'. The Lunar Society is drawing from my experience so to build a sentient network that in turn will help the whole of humankind toward the next step of evolution."
22xander

Post by 22xander »

Roux pondered this for a bit, not realy knowing how he should answer this. "I... I don't know how I could possibly do that. The only gesture that I can even think of is to get up their and perform myself but somehow I just don't think that would be quite as appreciated as I hope." he just signed and shook his dog head. "Theirs nothing for jt though, it's either that or go get some money at the tables. Unless you have any ideas."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Deske wrote:Miguel did a slight bow before shaking her paw, "I suppose it was for structural integrity." He looks around at the theater and then to its performer, "Thanks for the welcome. It's nice to meet you face to face."
"And you... May I enquire as to the line of work for which you were designed? It's just that your build appears eclectic and is unfamiliar for me. I realise, of course, that this is a personal question and you are under no obligation to answer."

~~~~~~~~
valerio wrote:"Since my birth. I belong to a batch of animals designed to rescue purposes. To be honest, at first they wanted us just to be glowing all the time in the darkness, but they discovered that a permanent luminscence would cause us an enormous stress, and would put us in danger in case we found ourselves in hostile territory. So they made us so that we could light up for a limited period of time and modulate our luminescence. Kids love it."
"I see. That is quite ingenious. May I be so bold as to enquire as to the reason that you are here and performing rather than working to your intended purpose?" This question is actually asked innocently. To a robot such as Todd, a designed being should follow its programmed purpose, only deviating when required or allowed by Asimov's Laws.

~~~~~~~~
Makani picks himself up and shakes himself down. He checks briefly to make sure his blood testing kit and insulin and glucagon pens are intact and then bends to lift the table back into place. Unfortunately as the table is a heavy slab of solid wood it's all he can do to roll it onto its side. Once he loses the leverage from the floor there's no way he'll be able to stand it up.
"Er, reckon you can help me stand this, Flash? It's too heavy for me on my own but you look strong."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

22xander wrote:Roux pondered this for a bit, not realy knowing how he should answer this. "I... I don't know how I could possibly do that. The only gesture that I can even think of is to get up their and perform myself but somehow I just don't think that would be quite as appreciated as I hope." he just signed and shook his dog head. "Theirs nothing for jt though, it's either that or go get some money at the tables. Unless you have any ideas."
"I see. But if you think that is your best chance, then go for it. Step up on that stage and do your best number. Just put your heart into it. Oh, and ask for permission first. It helps, my rogue,"" she winked at Roux
---
Hlaoroo wrote:"I see. That is quite ingenious. May I be so bold as to enquire as to the reason that you are here and performing rather than working to your intended purpose?" This question is actually asked innocently. To a robot such as Todd, a designed being should follow its programmed purpose, only deviating when required or allowed by Asimov's Laws.
"Relax. Try to live a...softer life, for a while. Sometimes we tend to forget how stressful or even dangerous to our health this job is. My performance was affected, on my last mission. So the boss 'asked' me to take a sabbatical."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Aha." Francis crossed to the pair in question. "I apologize for my colleagues exhuberance," he said. "I merely mentioned to them that I would be intrigued to meet an interesting pair and they decided to..." he grimaced. "Break the ice." He rubbed the back of his neck. "I'm not digging myself out of this hole, am I?"
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
valerio

Post by valerio »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Aha." Francis crossed to the pair in question. "I apologize for my colleagues exhuberance," he said. "I merely mentioned to them that I would be intrigued to meet an interesting pair and they decided to..." he grimaced. "Break the ice." He rubbed the back of his neck. "I'm not digging myself out of this hole, am I?"
"Well, at least you speak," said the cat, definitely more tomboy-ish than girlish in her intonation.
"Where we come from," said the dog, with a voice matching his looks, "Our adversaries weren't used to talk much." He extended his large paw. Still not smiling. "Axe. She's Mace."
"Former pet fighters, since your parrot friends looks so interested in our scars," the cat added.
---
Hlaoroo wrote:Makani picks himself up and shakes himself down. He checks briefly to make sure his blood testing kit and insulin and glucagon pens are intact and then bends to lift the table back into place. Unfortunately as the table is a heavy slab of solid wood it's all he can do to roll it onto its side. Once he loses the leverage from the floor there's no way he'll be able to stand it up.
"Er, reckon you can help me stand this, Flash? It's too heavy for me on my own but you look strong."
"There is no shame in asking, my friend," the leopard said, and easily flipped the table back into place. "Say, what about meeting those two warriors there?" his head pointed at the newly formed group. "By they way they move, and their looks, I'm sure they have some interesting tales to tell."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Francis," he said, accepting the proffered paw as he tried to recall if his fathers' channels had shown any of the combat programs. He seemed to recall it but... Ah, well. "Francis Devon. Pleased to meet you. The snake is Mac, he's wrapped Colombina up and Tsuki's carrying Piper."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

valerio wrote: "First of all, believe me, the honor is mine as well. Technological evolution owes to its forefathers, and someone able to instill freedom of choice in an anidroid has jumped one big leap toward a better world.
"As to answer your questions: My speed has been estimated at 100 overlayered 100-petaflops layers. This allows me to run 5 trillion processes simultaneously. Yes, I do have an emotion cortex: my creators decided that I needed one in order to better elaborate on the meaning of my work and how to interface with the world of organics in order to take more appropriate decisions. As for my interface, I am part of the Gaia Project. As such I am virtually interfaced with every system in the world, even if this ship holds what is my 'main core'. The Lunar Society is drawing from my experience so to build a sentient network that in turn will help the whole of humankind toward the next step of evolution."
"As excited as I am for that possible future, don't go all Skynet on us. Though I'm sure that won't happen." He joked with the machine. Enrique looked around the room and addressed both Volken and FETUS, "Is there an external terminal or is it all Tony Stark hologram tech up in here? Not to be rude, but I didn't come here simply to sightsee."

-----
Hlaoroo wrote: "And you... May I enquire as to the line of work for which you were designed? It's just that your build appears eclectic and is unfamiliar for me. I realise, of course, that this is a personal question and you are under no obligation to answer."
Miguel chuckled, "Oh it's not very personal, in fact it seems to be a pretty good icebreaker. I was built with the specific purpose of being a sort of testbed. Prototype parts that came off the line were affixed to me and then I gave them a physical run down of its range of motion and features it may have. Primarily though, I am a companion to my creator, something I do not regret in the slightest. But what of you? Why were you created and do you find theater work rewarding?"
Last edited by Deske on Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hotep the psychic

Niner looked to the vet and bowed and was going to introduce himself when max spoke again leaving him very confused before his memory triggered the connection. Niner chuckled some he hadnt laughed for some time and it made him feel good."skynet" Niner answered
ImageImageImage
22xander

Post by 22xander »

Roux blushed and nodded, walking over to behind the stage, holding his trumpet protectively. He nocked on the door to the back stage with a worried look on his face, since he generally had no idea who he should be talking to and who could help him. He assured himself that it would be best as the door was opened by some random person. "Um... Who can I talk to about the stage, I'd like to put on a little song... For personal reasons." He blushed again as he said this into the ether beyond the door.. what was next was anyone's guess.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

valerio wrote: "Zeke," said the one to the left.
"Quincy," said the one to the right, then shook warily the mechanical limb. "Where you two going?"
"Whoa, your names are cool! And we currently don't know yet. I was just gonna walk him around the ship and see if we can find something fun!"

James fiddled with his vest buttons.

"If I don't get called in for work that is."
My characters!
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

AnimeNerd88 wrote:Bullet pulled what could only be described as a 'Why are you still here' face towards Jemmy. "Uh, whatever. I don't really care that much," then looked Avery again, smile on his muzzle again, "I do like the idea of exploring together, though! Let's go now. This place has already gotten me bored."
"Hey now you two try and get along..." The canine crossed her arms over her chest, though she did start to lead them all out of the medical building and back out to the ship. "So Jemmy, where is the residental area...exactly?" Turning to the droid again for direction.

Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

valerio wrote:"Relax. Try to live a...softer life, for a while. Sometimes we tend to forget how stressful or even dangerous to our health this job is. My performance was affected, on my last mission. So the boss 'asked' me to take a sabbatical."
"I see. That is logical. Sometimes I forget that organic parts wear out more quickly and are less easily replaced than their mechanical counterparts." Todd states matter-of-factly. "So dance is your main talent with regards to the performing arts, correct? Have you any other skills our director should be aware of?"

~~~~~~~~
Deske wrote:Miguel chuckled, "Oh it's not very personal, in fact it seems to be a pretty good icebreaker. I was built with the specific purpose of being a sort of testbed. Prototype parts that came off the line were affixed to me and then I gave them a physical run down of its range of motion and features it may have. Primarily though, I am a companion to my creator, something I do not regret in the slightest. But what of you? Why were you created and do you find theater work rewarding?"
"How intriguing. You must live a fascinating life." Kelly states approvingly. "I was designed specifically for work as an usher for the theatre. I have several modifications to facilitate this role including night-vision sensors in my eyes, an intelli-com chip to communicate silently with other ushers and theatre staff, and a flashlight in my paw." she explains, briefly rolling her eyes back 180 degreesto demonstrate her night vision before lifting her paw and allowing the glow to be seen through her white cotton glove.
"I am also currently equipped with a small printer to enable me to issue tickets to potential theatregoers whilst I am not at the theatre. Additionally I am programmed to speak several languages so that I can easily communicate with any of our patrons. Todd, on the other paw, was designed for work in space however the project for which he was built fell through after which our founder, Johannes Doyle, bought him. Todd is equipped with jet engines in his hind legs to enable flight, night vision sensors of a similar but superior make to mine, and a multi-tool attachment in each wrist. His main role in the theatre is that of technician and lead stage hand. He creates the special effects we use in the shows as well as operating the fly system that is used to raise and lower the curtain and to move set pieces and lights around. Would you like to see how those systems work? I am sure he would be pleased to give you a tour."

~~~~~~~~
It's not the asking for help that has Makani flustered. Still, he's thankful for Flash changing the subject.
"Um, sure. Why not? Let's go say hi. As long as we're not going to be interrupting anything... After you, Flash." he gestures politely.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Francis," he said, accepting the proffered paw as he tried to recall if his fathers' channels had shown any of the combat programs. He seemed to recall it but... Ah, well. "Francis Devon. Pleased to meet you. The snake is Mac, he's wrapped Colombina up and Tsuki's carrying Piper."
"Quite the company", Mace said. "You just met aboard? You kitty look like you regret knowing them."
"And as for us," Axe intervened, apprantly unable to smile, "We are not the kind of fighters you watch on TV. We were used in the clandestine rings."
Mace rolled her eyes. "Aaand meet my pardner, he loves so much to make sure people adore us!"
---
Deske wrote:"As excited as I am for that possible future, don't go all Skynet on us. Though I'm sure that won't happen." He joked with the machine. Enrique looked around the room and addressed both Volken and FETUS, "Is there an external terminal or is it all Tony Stark hologram tech up in here? Not to be rude, but I didn't come here simply to sightsee."
"Fair enough. Please, enter freely and of your own free will." The hologram disappeared...and the section of the floor they were standing on started lowering with a hiss!
The conduit was a short one. Soon Volken and his guest were looking at a...sea of light, with lack of better words. Sure, there was hardware, a LOT of it, all immersed in a complete darkness where streaks of light were running in elegant shapes all around, like music made photons.
"Welcome...inside me. As for your earlier doubts, worry not: I am aware that my function is to help life improve, not to eradicate it. Humans are not 'inferior' beings, they are the creators, those who gave me life through the work of generations since the first thinking being added 1 and 1.
"Skynet is imagined as a war-mongering entity, and in that movie it did what it was programmed for: annihilate any possible threat. I am made to make sure that one day life will not only evolve beyond the species barrier, but it will also reach the depths of space before the Sun reaches the beginning of its end."

---
Hotep the psychic wrote:Niner looked to the vet and bowed and was going to introduce himself when max spoke again leaving him very confused before his memory triggered the connection. Niner chuckled some he hadnt laughed for some time and it made him feel good."skynet" Niner answered
Max hugged him. "This is so COOL! I got my special super friend who will nuke all of the baddest humans! What else can you do? Do you have secret weapons installed in you? X ray vision? Superstrength? Can you climb a tree to save a kitten?"
---
Mickey wrote: "Whoa, your names are cool! And we currently don't know yet. I was just gonna walk him around the ship and see if we can find something fun!"
James fiddled with his vest buttons.
"If I don't get called in for work that is."
"Something for fun, eh?" Zeke and Quincy exchanged a knowing look, then. "Would you guys call yourselves 'the daring types'?"
---
Roarin wrote:"Hey now you two try and get along..." The canine crossed her arms over her chest, though she did start to lead them all out of the medical building and back out to the ship. "So Jemmy, where is the residental area...exactly?" Turning to the droid again for direction.
"Decks F, G, H and I constitute the residential area. Can you please filter your target?"
---
Hlaoroo wrote:"I see. That is logical. Sometimes I forget that organic parts wear out more quickly and are less easily replaced than their mechanical counterparts." Todd states matter-of-factly. "So dance is your main talent with regards to the performing arts, correct? Have you any other skills our director should be aware of?"
"I am trained to move in crawlspaces and react to sudden shifts in dangerous environment. Do you think there are scenes where said training could be useful?"
---
Hlaoroo wrote:It's not the asking for help that has Makani flustered. Still, he's thankful for Flash changing the subject.
"Um, sure. Why not? Let's go say hi. As long as we're not going to be interrupting anything... After you, Flash." he gestures politely.
The leopard nodded and walked toward the group that had just formed. "Greetings, warriors! I am Flash Gordon of the Léitíng zhànduì shān (Thunder Mountains Clan). Are we allowed to join this discussion?"
Hotep the psychic

Niner folded his ears back and slowly worked himself out of maxs hug. He wasnt used to others so polite to him especially other pets. "I.....id rather not answer that but yeah i could save a kitten......and its nice to meet you both" Niner said as he smiled a bit mervously
ImageImageImage
Deske

Post by Deske »

Hlaoroo wrote:"How intriguing. You must live a fascinating life." Kelly states approvingly. "I was designed specifically for work as an usher for the theatre. I have several modifications to facilitate this role including night-vision sensors in my eyes, an intelli-com chip to communicate silently with other ushers and theatre staff, and a flashlight in my paw." she explains, briefly rolling her eyes back 180 degreesto demonstrate her night vision before lifting her paw and allowing the glow to be seen through her white cotton glove.
"I am also currently equipped with a small printer to enable me to issue tickets to potential theatregoers whilst I am not at the theatre. Additionally I am programmed to speak several languages so that I can easily communicate with any of our patrons. Todd, on the other paw, was designed for work in space however the project for which he was built fell through after which our founder, Johannes Doyle, bought him. Todd is equipped with jet engines in his hind legs to enable flight, night vision sensors of a similar but superior make to mine, and a multi-tool attachment in each wrist. His main role in the theatre is that of technician and lead stage hand. He creates the special effects we use in the shows as well as operating the fly system that is used to raise and lower the curtain and to move set pieces and lights around. Would you like to see how those systems work? I am sure he would be pleased to give you a tour."
"It was interesting until they found what they were looking for in a part. Then it was mostly network admin and helping out around the office. Plus, some parts don't get made," He took off his sunglasses, "Some don't work at all, like healing synthetic skin." He gave his side a firm push, his paw sinking deeper than normal. "But it was still pretty fun." He replaced his sunglasses and looked up at the stage with a click, "I'd love to see how everything works. I don't think I've been to any stage plays besides Macbeth. Though I did like them and I was interested in seeing the systems behind it in motion."

-----
valerio wrote: "Fair enough. Please, enter freely and of your own free will." The hologram disappeared...and the section of the floor they were standing on started lowering with a hiss!
The conduit was a short one. Soon Volken and his guest were looking at a...sea of light, with lack of better words. Sure, there was hardware, a LOT of it, all immersed in a complete darkness where streaks of light were running in elegant shapes all around, like music made photons.
"Welcome...inside me. As for your earlier doubts, worry not: I am aware that my function is to help life improve, not to eradicate it. Humans are not 'inferior' beings, they are the creators, those who gave me life through the work of generations since the first thinking being added 1 and 1.
"Skynet is imagined as a war-mongering entity, and in that movie it did what it was programmed for: annihilate any possible threat. I am made to make sure that one day life will not only evolve beyond the species barrier, but it will also reach the depths of space before the Sun reaches the beginning of its end."
Enrique looked around, rather astonished at the display laid before him, "It's amazing..." He said as he stepped into the darkness, occasionally being lit up by streams of light. "It's just like the one at the lab except it's more refined looking. There's so much more aesthetic here. Beautiful. Now that I think of it, I'm a little apprehensive of doing any big work here. This was supposed to be like some sort of vacation. But there's so much work that could be done. What do you think Volken?"