HPU: Blue Peak Shore

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Mareks

Re: Pet Friendly - Blue Peak Shore

Post by Mareks »

"Science! De scientests? I see dem eveway now and den." His excitment threw his english off a bit, but he was quick to regain it. However, her explanation didn't quite tell him exactly what he was curious about, and he thought real hard until she asked about the village stories. He smiled, finally understanding as he wagged his tail excitedly. "Ya'! Sci-fy mus' be like de' legens' de elders tell... great spirits, and powerfu' demouns! Things I never seen before, but de say are real." His tail wagged happily as he turned around, happy with his answer.

A snapping twig rang out, and a stone flew past Gian's head, striking the tree behind him and rolling up to his feet. To this, Gian swung around, his little bush whacking stick held up in a defensive manor expecting to be jumped on. He paused as he didn't see anyone coming at him, and lowered the stick, confused. Just then, another stone flew out from behind the brush and Gian had to duck to avoid it. He growled, the fur on his back sticking up as a rabbit stepped out of the brush. He had a couple more stones in his hands, and was tossing one up and catching it repeatedly. This rabbit was male, and his eye's were on Gian alone, not caring about the others. He was older then Gian, but not by much. He threw another rock which Gian attempted to dodge, but it skimmed his arm and he flinched. The rabbit called out. "Be gone, mixblood! O'salisgrave treasure!" He spat the word treasure, like a disgusting taste in his mouth, but kept his distance as he threw another stone. Gian caught this one, a thump heard as it hit his paw before he closed his fingers around it and threw it back. "Ge' out'o 'ere, Il-Rowen! I's jus' passin' by! Go fine somin' else'o botha'!" Gian growled in response, but the rabbit easily side stepped the throw which seemed to be only at half power compared to the ones he'd thrown.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Ulysses was surprised, to say the least, by the unexpected attack, and he instinctively bared his teeth.
When he saw it was a rabbit, he felt as nervous as if he was facing a Red Wolf of the Green Circle Forest.
When he realized the creature was attacking his son, the Labrador's face went stone-cold. He didn't growl, he didn't run. He just walked toward the creature until he was almost facing him. "You are the one who cut Gian's nose, Il-Rowan?" He asked, calmly, not showing any sign of tension, his yellow eyes fixed on the rabbit's
Mareks

Post by Mareks »

((This will be a short dramatic post, I've got a bus to catch in ten minutes, and it's a five minute walk away to get to the bus stop.))

The rabbit didn't move, or drop his rocks as he was approached by the dark canine. His own eye's furrowed up at the canine who was taller them him, but only because of his age. His ears went back, and he caught the rock in his hand after tossing it up. He grinned as though proud all of a sudden. "My father got that honor. I wish it had been me, but oh well. I got a different kind of honor. I've been paired off with Trerria-la, our traitor. As punishment, she was disallowed the right to pick her own mate.. and she's going to be a fine one when she's older!" He laughed loudly though was cut off as he was suddenly tackled to the ground. Gian now clearly ontop of him, was throwing punches like a bull tossing it horns, aiming for a kill. "Duncha' ever tell lies! Trerria-la wou' neveh be wit' ya'! NEVEH!!" Gian howled at the rabbit, being cut off short as it got a leg under him and kicked Gian in the stomach a couple times before pushing off. Il-Rowan's face was bruised, and his lip bleeding as he got up and turned, making a run for the tree's. "Just wait till my father hears about this, mixblood!" He shouted, disappearing into the brush. Gian stumbled to his feet, growling as he held a stomach that was cut by Il-Rowans clawed toe. "Go ahea' an' tell 'im! I's gonna hit 'em too!"
valerio

Post by valerio »

"That was very brave of you, son," Ulysses said, checking for wounds. Seeing none, he let out a sigh of relief. "At least, now I know who is the big bully. And I can't frankly wait to meet him..."
Zander

Post by Zander »

"Yes sir, but no "biting on the butt" is necessary sir, with all due respect, too uncivilized."
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

valerio wrote:Streaker chuckled. "Heh... Dangerous rabbits. The pet ones we have are scary creatures that you could kill with a 'boo!'. never met a big bad rabbit... Anyway, me, well, I work as model for a human/pet fashion magazine. The photographer are ready to kill each other to have *moi* on the stage. Did you know I was voted 3rd in the top ten of the cutest pet models? I'm outranked only by a wolf and a German Lycaon. In fact, that's why Dad chose to bring us here for a vacation: Once we met this William guy, and he talked me about this wonderful place. Didn't take long to convince me... But other than that, I like exercising, hmm, and dancing, and well doing almost everything a spoiled foxie of the city can do for fun, as long as it's clean."
"Soun's like an intr'estin' life." Colin rolled his eyes again. Was she really being taken by all this? "Yep, gotta watch out fer th' rabbits." He leaned in on Streaker with narrowed eyes. "A group of 'em could tear a fox like you t' shreds." Kathryn cast him a withering glare before looking back at Streaker. "Bah, he's just tryin' ta scare ya. Th' rabbits don' really get violent very of'en."
Ian the Gecko

Post by Ian the Gecko »

Ian woke up from a long, long nap on a deck chair by a big swimming pool. Geckos liked their sun, after all. He stretched out his skinny limbs and patted his stomach. "Mmmm, better get some din-din."
valerio

Post by valerio »

Zander wrote:"Yes sir, but no "biting on the butt" is necessary sir, with all due respect, too uncivilized."
Still emotionless like a cyborg, Grimms said, "You'll feel the urge, after a couple of weeks. And you'll look for an excuse to do it after three."

---
"Soun's like an intr'estin' life." Colin rolled his eyes again. Was she really being taken by all this? "Yep, gotta watch out fer th' rabbits." He leaned in on Streaker with narrowed eyes. "A group of 'em could tear a fox like you t' shreds." Kathryn cast him a withering glare before looking back at Streaker. "Bah, he's just tryin' ta scare ya. Th' rabbits don' really get violent very of'en."[/quote]
"I'll avoid them, thenm" Streaker said, matter-of-factly. For now, i prefer the company of this sweet, very pacific and very loving lady."
Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

"Sweet, lovin' lady?" Colin tried and failed to suppress a burst of laughter. "Oh, just wait'll ya get ta know 'er." Kathryn stopped in her path and looked back at Colin. "'Scuse me. Are you sayin' Ah'm not a lady?" Colin gulped. "Ah... no, ma'am," he said with a hasty salute. ""Tha's what Ah thought. She turned back to Streaker. Come a'long, m'dear. Just a bit further."
valerio

Post by valerio »

Streaker shrugged at Colin's words. "My dear, it's clear you never met the females of the night of my city, although none of them could ever hope to match the wild perfection of our Kathryn, here."
Mareks

Post by Mareks »

Gian turned away from his father, hiding his cut on his stomach successfully. He growled as tears were forming in his eye's again. "Tha' was no' brave... tha' was anger..." He wiped at his eye's. He didn't like getting angry, he hated how it made him feel. He turned to everyone for a moment. "Sorry... I'ill show ya' m'secret place some'o time later... I 'ave to go now..." With that being said, he turned around and pushed through the thick brush. Judging from the way he was going, he moved away from the rabbits territory and was heading for the O'salisgraves village. He didn't much feel like being out today anymore, he just wanted to go home.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Gian was trying to act brave, and Ulysses was proud for that...but the labrador *had* smelled the blood from his son's wound. And he felt like doing something a father should do. Now!
Ulysses started following the young rabbit's footsteps. He remembered where the villages lay, unless a remodeling of the island had occurred while he was away... "Miss Roxanne, kids, you follow Gian. His village is nearer and safer. And someone warn the chieftain. I'm gonna go kick some tails." and on that, he walked toward the enemy.
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

Roxanne was about to reach for her first aid kit in the backpack when father and son stormed off in opposing directions. "No, stop, come back here!" she shouted, first after Gian then Ulysses. "Ulysses, don't do anything... stupid..." But it was too late, he was gone towards rabbit territory. Roxanne's left eye twitched. "Adel..." she turned towards the german shepherd. "Please go after Ulysses! Try to stop him if you can, we can't just let him wonder into the middle of the rabbit village bent on kicking their butt, they'll tear him apart!" Then she grabbed Celeste's paw. "And we need to warn the Salisgraves, and find Victor. He'll know where to find Lukat-la, and she'll know how to handle the rabbits! Come on, let's go!" And the collie started pulling the cat the way Gian left.
"I watch ponies now! Ponies are cool!"

Darien Shephard - SP - S-4 P-9 E-3 C-8 I-10 A-2 L-6
Dusk Roscoe - YF - S-4 P-7 E-7 C-5 I-5 A-8 L-6
Roxanne Cooper - BPS - S-4 P-6 E-4 C-7 I-8 A-7 L-6
valerio

Post by valerio »

It didn't take long for the labrador to reach the rabbit village.
As soon as he neared the entrance, two sentinels standing each one at a side of the opening crossed their spears in front of the stranger.
"Halt! Intruder, what do you want?" They looked tough, at peak of their condition, and their eyes told the dog he had better play his chances without errors, or wouldn't even make a step inside that place.
Without showing any sign of fear, his arms crossed to his chest, Ulysses said, "I am here to talk to the father of il-Rowan." Then, raising his tone to a roar, loud enough to be heard throughout the village, "That pathetic, sorry excuse of a male that enjoys hurting cubs! That weakling female! Because only one such as she could show such courage and bravery! I am here for her!"
The two soldiers almost dropped their spears. They looked at the dog as if he was a trickster spirit materialized. A small crowd of males had gathered at the gate. Everyone was getting ready for a very interesting show...because no one, not even a German Lycaon, called a rabbit warrior a female, the supreme insult!
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Adel sighed. She was right; Ulysses needed to be stopped before he could start something serious. "Javol!" he shouted and ran after Ulysses.

Upon entering the village, he shouted, "Ulysses! Do not do this!"
The Game

Post by The Game »

Celeste kept up with Roxanne, though she knew she wouldn't be able to for long. "Right!" She agreed seriously seriously, then just as serious added, "Who's Victor? And Lukat-La?"
Zander

Post by Zander »

"Sorry, sir." He looked down for a second. "With your permission, may i obtain from you a list of all k9 units personalities, abilities, weaknesses, and so on? The paper in which i received only possessed the forces name, age and rank."

-Robert Louis Stevenson
valerio

Post by valerio »

Zander wrote:"Sorry, sir." He looked down for a second. "With your permission, may i obtain from you a list of all k9 units personalities, abilities, weaknesses, and so on? The paper in which i received only possessed the forces name, age and rank."
For the first time in that day, Grimms...frowned. It was as if the ominous front of a storm had appeared in a sunny day, bringing the promise of destruction. Yet, his voice remained neutral as always. "You weren't given one already? You were supposed to have one before embarking for Meriweather... Anyway, go back to control center and ask to anyone. The first one to tell you he or she's too busy to complu, you report it to me. Am I clear on that?"
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

Roxanne panted between words as she ran. "Victor is the son of the lycaon chieftain, and Lukat-la is the daughter of the rabbit chieftain. They greeted me together, when I arrived this morning. We need their help if we're to stop this before a fight breaks out." She looked back at Celeste with concern, she saw that the cat was finding it hard to keep up. "Just a little but farther Celeste!" Luckily, Salisgrave wasn't too far, and they approached the village a few minutes later. As soon as they were in earshot Roxanne shouted "Chieftain! Victor!"

valerio

Post by valerio »

The sight and sounds from the two tourists made several pair of ears to perk up.
Amelia and her son emerged from her hut a moment later. He looked alarmed, she kept her cool. "What can we do for you, young ones," she said in the good English required by her status.
Mareks

Post by Mareks »

Gian though having went towards the Salisgraves village, had actually veered off once he was out of site. He had continued towards his secret spot, and had arrived at the tiny water pool near a small sheer cliffside of a large rock which just barely made it over the tops of the medium trees. He moved around the small pool of water which collected in a large hole leading under the rock, going to a part of the side that looked climbable. He grabbed on and started up the rock, struggling a bit ni some area's thanks to his new wounds, but in about five minutes, he got onto the cliff.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Adel stopped at the gate for a second at the gate. "Please permit me entrance to your village." He pointed a finger at Ulysses. "I must stop him before he starts a fight und gets a lot of animals killed."
valerio

Post by valerio »

At those words, the soldiers that were blocking the entrance laughed out loudly. "You tourists are so funny!" Soon that sound was imitated by the crowd. Adel could've been a puppy saying he could take down a sea monster.
Ulysses turned to the German Shepherd. "Adel, this is a matter between families. I appreciate your concern, but I am not leaving until the female who dishonored the word 'father' shows herself."
Again the rabbits fell silent. Their hostility was as thick as a wall.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Adel growled at himself. For the second time, he felt completely powerless. He flashed back to his girlfriend's death. His hair stood on end and he growled. Loudly. For the first time since he had arrived, a look of pure anger possessed his face and he pushed past the guards.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Of course, hostility or not, the rabbits knew better than stick their weapons into the flesh of a tourist...unless they were up for a full-scale retaliation. And humans could be dangerous creatures!
Reluctantly, the two guards just grabbed the dog, firmly. Rabbits they may be, but they were trained by a lifetime in the wild.
And, before Ulysse could intervene in favor of Adel, a thunderous voice boomed and silenced everyone.
"I heard you were looking for your death."
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Adel struggled in the grip of the two rabbits before he was completely surprised by the thunderous voice. His anger fizzled away out of awe.
valerio

Post by valerio »

The average rabbit of Meriweather Island was built like honest-to-God bulldog. Evolution had turned a prey species into a formidable adversary, here.
This rabbit was a big mama of a specimen! His left eye was scarred, and many scars covered his body rippling with muscles, but he was worth of the word 'warrior'.
And he was looking at the two tourists like he was a carnivor in front of a tasty snack. "Who of you called me a *female*?
The Labrador stepped forward. "I did. I, Ulysses, am here to challenge you, weakling. Do you have a name?"
The grey-furred feral nodded. "Il-Kassar is my name. On what ground you dare to demean my virility in front of my peers?"
The dog didn't falter. "On the ground that such a powerful creature dared to maim a *cub*. I am the father of Gian o'Salisgrave. I will avenge his honor. I challenge you on a one-on-one."
There followed a long moment of thick silence.
The big rabbit nodded. "Fine. Where and when?"
"Here. Now. The dog with me will report that this is a loyal fight, that I take every responsibility upon myself. Be loyal, and everything will end here."
Again, Il-Kassar nodded. "So be it."
The other rabbits cleared the area, bringing Adel with them.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Adel stayed quiet. It looked like he didn't have a choice other than to officiate the match. More fighting... However, if it is only these two that get hurt, I suppose... It can not be that bad.
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

valerio wrote:The sight and sounds from the two tourists made several pair of ears to perk up.
Amelia and her son emerged from her hut a moment later. He looked alarmed, she kept her cool. "What can we do for you, young ones," she said in the good English required by her status.
The collie panted heavily from her run, but she was recovering quickly. She told the lycaons about the events that happened at the forest path. "Chieftain, Ulysses went to the rabbit village! He said something about going there to fight that rabbit's father! He was really determined, we couldn't stop him! Adel went after him, but we need to do something before he gets himself hurt... or worse. Victor!" She turned to the young male. "Can you find Lukat-la? We might need her to talk to the rabbits."

valerio

Post by valerio »

The Broken Fox wrote:The collie panted heavily from her run, but she was recovering quickly. She told the lycaons about the events that happened at the forest path. "Chieftain, Ulysses went to the rabbit village! He said something about going there to fight that rabbit's father! He was really determined, we couldn't stop him! Adel went after him, but we need to do something before he gets himself hurt... or worse. Victor!" She turned to the young male. "Can you find Lukat-la? We might need her to talk to the rabbits."
Victor facepawlmed. "'f all dem bloody ideas..."
Amelia shook her head. "I am sorry, but nothing can be done, at this point. I know Ulysses well, Gian has taken a lot of his temper. And if Ulysses remembers our traditions, he will challenge that rabbit on a one-on-one, a fight of honor between the two of them and no one else. The rabbit chieftain has the right to interrupt the fight, but it's difficult that will happen, not when a stranger dares to challenge a warrior. Just let it be as it is, Roxanne, and thank you for warning me. Victor?"
"Yes, Mother."
"Run to the village, make sure Ulysses can come out of this alive."
Victor bowed one last time and ran to the gate.
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

Roxanne stared at Chieftain Amelia with her mouth hanging open, and a terrified expression on her face. "No! There has to be something we can do! You can't tell me that by the customs, it would be perfectly acceptable for the rabbits to tear him apart!" The collie took a few steps backwards, then without saying anything more, she spun on her heel and ran after Victor, leaving Celeste and Salisgrave behind. As she tried to find her way to the rabbit village by following the trail and Victor's scent, her mind was going a hundred miles an hour. There has to be something I can do! Ulysses... he's not technically a native, he's with the humans. And those at the resort are... protected! She quickly reached into her backpack as she kept running, pulling out a small, black, plastic object, that was no larger then her paw. Her dad gave it to her before she left with Victor this morning. It was an emergency transponder, every member of the scientific field team was given one, it was supposed to alert the island's security directly. Roxanne said a short thanks for modern GPS technology as she thumbed the only button on the small device, praying that security would send someone soon...

((OOC: Val, I hope the panic button is okay...))

Zander

Post by Zander »

"No sir, i did not receive a paper, though i specifically asked for one before the trip." he saluted. "Yes sir, i understand, sir." And with that, he turned around and started walking in a military fashion to the control center.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
valerio

Post by valerio »

At that moment, a pager placed on Grimm's belt started buzzing and ringing. The man took it, checked it... And frowned deeper. Looks like you're going to prove your training, mister. We got an NVT at Myadron village. Let's go!" and ran back toward the security control center.
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

Soon Roxanne arrived at the rabbit village. She stumbled out of the tree line, quickly looking around to see what was happening. She needed to find Ulysses. It seemed that a large group of rabbits were gathering around an area, but she couldn't see through the ring they were forming. She was about to go and try to push through when she noticed Adel, held firmly by two guards. She ran to german shepherd's side. "Adel, are you okay? What's happening, where's Ulysses?"

Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Adel looked at Roxanne. "Hello, Roxanne. I'm just fine, however Ulysses may not be soon. He is about to fight the rabbit chief."
valerio

Post by valerio »

The crowd parted, as the two adversaries faced each other. No one among the rabbits spoke a word.
Then, Ulysses...turned. He literally gave his back to Il-Kassar. "I am ready," he said, calmly, crossing his arms at his chest.
The rabbit frowned. "You must be kidding, stranger. This is not a game."
"I know. A game is hurting a cub over a puny triviality, right? No, my dear. As I said, I'm going to play a fair game. It would be too easy to defeat you without giving you at least a chance. So, come on. A coward girl such as you should be able to lay a blow at me, now. Or do you need help?" he put all the quiet, venomous scorn he could in those words.
In that position, the labrador couldn't see the expression of the rabbit warrior. Whatever self-control was left of him had just evaporated into pure hatred.
And the rabbit attacked! He put all his might in an elegant and deadly kick.
And it connected!
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Adel was surprised. He let his mouth hang agape for a second before closing it. He hadn't expected to rabbit actually strike, in the back, no less! He could see that if Ulysses wasn't paralyzed from that attack, the duel would end two ways: a humiliation victory for Ulysses or a crushing defeat in favor of the rabbit chief.
Mareks

Post by Mareks »

Gian was now sitting near the edge of the cliffside in his special area. His eye's looking up at the clouds, scanning the sky for birds as he calmed down and relaxed, hiding from the world. His ears perked up as he heard a voice in the distance. He didn't hear the words, and it was only for a moment, but he knew that tone of voice well. He grabbed his muzzle as it ached a bit from the memories of being cut. His ears flattened. Something was going on, but he didn't know what. Coming to a stand, he jumped off the cliff, grabbing a vine as he fell, slowing his decent before he splashed into the pool of water below him. He climbed out, and headed for the rabbit village.

He ran, panting heavily as he pushed through the bushes. His wound on his stomach ached with his muzzle, and it slowed him. But with his knowledge of the area, he made it to the rabbit village just in time to witness the chief, the very man who cut his nose, kick his father... but not like the rabbit chief most likely intended. In seconds it was over, and Gian standing on the edge of the village, watched. His eye's scanning the crowd of rabbits.

He saw Il-Rowan, his face red with fury when his father lost the fight. And there next to him, Trerria-la, standing with his paws over her mouth, looking sick as she watched the broken leg. Gian growled, knowing she hated violence, and having to watch this was most likely very hard on her. Il-Rowan was making her watch, Gian could see him holding her there. Guards were with them, one at either side. Most likely to make sure she didn't get away, and the other to protect them during this ordeal.

Gian grabbed a rock, wanting to pelt that stupid rabbit right in the head, and same with the two guards. But he couldn't, as much as he wanted Trerria-la to be free... dying in front of her wouldn't help her. He squeezed the rock, angry as he closed his eye's. He could just hear the Salisgraves telling him it was okay for him to run, okay for him to be... be... a COWARD! He didn't want to fight, he didn't want to be a warrior. He dropped the rock and marched down the hill he was on. He was confident if anyone tried anything, his father would protect him.

To the rabbits shock as he came through the crowd, most of them parting at the site of him, others scowling but not really knowing what to do... Gian walked into the open area. He stopped a bit away from the two. His paws in fists as he looked at his father and the chief. His own face red with anger, but his expression held true restraint of someone who believed fighting wasn't the way. His head lowered, and his voice was low. "Stop, Dad... a figh' is one thing... bu' don't insul' 'em..." Gian looked up, looking at the chief and rubbing the scar on his muzzle. "He's no' wort' de time. Led 'em be-.. UGH!" Gian was struck from behind and stumbled forwards. His back stung.

His stumbling ended with him on his paws and knees, gasping as the stinging sensation spread out. He looked over his shoulder, seeing Il-Rowan with a spear. He'd hit Gian with it, and the sharp edge cut his back. The guard whom the spear belonged grabbed Il-Rowan, taking the spear from him. Gian assumed Il-Rowan took it from him by force, so only glared at him.

((OOC: ; -; Okay... sorry. I got really into writing that too as you could see.))
Last edited by Mareks on Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
valerio

Post by valerio »

It connected, indeed.
And Il-Kassar was the most surprised of them all. "What?"
Ulysses' paws were glutching like a vise at the foot! The black labrador was grinning like a demon. "Peekaboo!" And on that, he pulled the rabbit toward himself! A split second later, he used his elbow to strike down, hard, at the rabbit's kneecap!
Gasps and some shout of horror came from the crowd, as a sound like a snapped branch echoed in the air.
For a moment, Il-Kassar, proudest warrior of the the village, didn't even feel the pain. He looked dumbly at the unnaturally bent leg, as if his articulation had been turned upside down...
Then he fell.
To his honor, he didn't scream, but the pain was like white-hot fire burning his flesh! "C-curse you..." but he *had* to let out a cry when Ulysses stroke again, this time with his foot, forever crippling the warrior.
Ulysses grabbed Il-Kassar by his ears and pulled him up enough to say, "You have lost in a fair duel. You are disgraced. And, most important, you will forever know what it means to live half a life. Just like you deprived my son of his sense of smell, you will never be able to fight. A fair reward for one such as you."

(OOC - I was interrupted before I could finish. I'm sorry, truly, Mareks. Could you edit?)
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

And it was indeed a humiliating victory in favor of Ulysses, as Adel had predicted. He didn't know whether to scream out in joy or stay away from this whole mess, but he also felt the rabbit guards relax their grips on him, most likely out of shock. He broke from their collective grip and ran to the front of the crowd, still unable to utter a word in defense of anybody.

Adel was barely able to see the fight itself, all he could really see were two blurs from his position, and he was very confused when a sudden silence had befallen the village just before Ulysses had struck the rabbit chief. When he reached the front of the crowd, he could finally see who had caused the disturbance, and ran up to him, getting on one knee when he was next to Gian. "Gian! Are you okay?!"