Headcanons

Discuss the comic here
Amazee Dayzee

Re: Headcanons

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Grape likes to chase spots of light that move around.
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Grape likes to chase spots of light that move around.
All cats do.
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Gale doesn't - but she absolutely detests having a moth flapping around her lights at night. Pueblo thinks her phobia is hilarious.....
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That is probably how most of the light fixtures wherever she lives get broken. LOL
dwmitch

Post by dwmitch »

Head canon, huh? Keep in mind that there's over a decade's worth of comics, since I don't have time to go back and reread the series I don't have a comprehensive knowledge of the lore, so some of my head canon may conflict with actual canon and some of it centers around fairly recent events so some of it may be utterly demolished in the future, but I do have a few ideas.

1. The reason interspecies pairings are still widely looked down on in the Housepets universe despite being that world's equivalent of interracial relationships in a time where interracial dating is largely only frowned on by the one foot in the grave crowd and the lunatic fringe is because in the Housepets universe cats and dogs, and maybe all anthropomorphic animals, are reproductively compatible.

There is either a fear that a canine/feline hybrid would become a master race, having the brute strength of a dog, the agility of a cat, both types of intelligence (cats are largely seen as less intelligent than dogs because of the mistaken notion that they can't be trained, but as a lifelong cat owner I can tell you that cats are every bit as intelligent as dogs though it manifests differently) and loyalty that could initially go either way but ultimately going toward hybrid separatists as their numbers grew, or there is the fear that the resulting offspring would inherit all of the limitations of both species without any of the advantages, being disabled by the standards of both species even if not disabled by human standards.

2. Peanut and Tarot have a May-December relationship. Peanut strikes me as being maybe a year old tops. He's physically mature but not mentally and emotionally mature. Basically an 18 year old. Tarot seems to me like she would be about five to seven years, or the canine equivalent of someone in their mid-30s to early 40s. She's a somewhat immature mid-30s to early 40s who never got the grasp of the whole relationship thing, but she still strikes me as either a middle-aged or nearly middle-aged woman.

3. I'm hiding this behind spoiler tags because it's a relatively recent arc and there may be people on the forum just catching up on the series. It's also one that straddles the boundary between head cannon and speculation, and I may be proven wrong in the future. The Marion-Lois arc only happened in Steward's head. He was running a mental simulation. Marion and Lois may be local teens that he saw around town, maybe he's somewhat familiar with them, maybe Marion and Lois aren't even their real names. Or they could be completely fabricated stand-ins for average teens. Their whole investigation was him speculating on how everything could be traced back to him. Even the failed arrest was his attempt to anticipate the officers' actions and how he could escape. When it focused on Marion and Lois adapting to their new lives it was him pondering how they would handle it. He may be a villain, but he does strike me as having a conscience so that would be a concern to him. Marion and Lois making peace with their lots in life is likely him justifying himself by saying "it will be a rough start, but they'll be fine."

4. I had one about Steward and Itsuki. I initially thought Itsuki was a badger, much like Steward, but after doing some checking I found out he's a Tanuki (I know, it was mentioned in his first appearance, but that escaped my memory) so the whole thing I had doesn't make any sense. I just left it here so I can bring up Itsuki. Whatever happened to him? He hasn't been seen in over a year and even though his last few appearances have been for one-off jokes he's still my favorite.

5. Given how human characters went from nearly always present to never seen and rarely mentioned, other than the police, I suspect that the ferrets are phasing out humans in Babylon Garden. They may be paying them off to move after emancipating their pets, they may just outright be abusing their power as de facto town leaders to pass policies driving humans out. Either way, it's on its way to turning into an animal only community.

6. Meaningless in the overall scheme of things, but when Rufus speaks, whether in the old comics, in flashbacks, or in the afterlife, he sounds just like Cactus Jake from the Garfield and Friends show of the 1990s.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Sophie is jealous of a mysterious "Martinis" that Thomas keeps sighing about in his sleep.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Marvin also has a catnip problem and he and Max first met in rehab or whatever the pet equivalent for it is.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Kix is taking an on-line course in entomology. She's doing quite well although she's got the strange idea it's a cooking show.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Other Daryl is asexual.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Although they haven't seen each other in years, Jinx and Squeak used to date.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

When Jinx and Squeak meet up to talk about all times, Joey becomes EXTREMELY jealous and jumps to the worst case scenario and that is that they are hooking up so he becomes like Bino and tries to break it up.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Back in Canada, Res is a competitive skier.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Res is not ONLY a competitive skier, but he is a skiing CHAMPION in his free time.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Trinket like to pretend she's a World War One flying ace.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sasha's former owner is what Joel could have ended up as with him getting a new dog and being abusive to him if Pete hadn't turned him into a dog.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Res has a crush on a pet in Babylon Gardens, but it isn’t Grape.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

trekkie wrote:Res has a crush on a pet in Babylon Gardens, but it isn’t Grape.
Interesting...
Who do you suppose it is?
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Maybe Mungo.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Since she, Fox and Max all met when they were a bit younger when she saved them, maybe its Fox. That would be a turn up for the books.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Fido doesn't really like crime dramas.
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

I can imagine him saying, "These cop shows are so inaccurate!"
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If accuracy is what he wants, then he should go and watch "Cops". 8-)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

The one Police show Fido will watch, but only because Spo loves it, is "Miami Mice." (... or maybe you folks never saw "Miami Vice" ... never mind ... )
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Once again, I raise you that "Cops" is an accurate, if boring and rooted in reality, television show about law enforcement. 8-)
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

I wouldn’t call Cops a drama.

On the flip side, Sabrina loves watching all sorts of shows revolving around magic, from Sabrina the Teenage Witch to Angel.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Rex, you probably guessed, loves the baking shows but finds the competitive ones with abrasive hosts too intense. Occasionally, Yeltsin watches them with Rex and secretly admires the bulldog's culinary talents.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Speaking of Yeltsin and Bino's bouncer, Boris likes to watch soap operas.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

But he has to be careful Duchess doesn't catch him - she hates soap operas. Not sure why......... There's a story, maybe.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Duchess was once in a soap opera for pets but ended up being killed off because of how difficult she was to work with.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Duchess was once in a soap opera for pets but ended up being killed off because of how difficult she was to work with.

Okay, there's a good story line! ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

As for how she was killed off, it was stupid and lame and was her character hitting her head in the toilet. xD
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:As for how she was killed off, it was stupid and lame and was her character hitting her head in the toilet. xD
Alright, Amazz, that was totally over the top !!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:As for how she was killed off, it was stupid and lame and was her character hitting her head in the toilet. xD
Still better than Dr. Pulaski falling down a turboshaft....
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That wasn't canon actually. That was an ode to what happened to her character on LA: Law. That character fell down an elevator shaft. I am not sure what happened to her Star Trek character. Maybe she just disappeared?

Her LA: Law death is also what inspired Dr. Drake Ramoray's death on Days of our Lives as in the Friends universe. Joey got too cocky and shot his mouth off so they literally gave his character the shaft.

Now Matt LeBlanc has three crazy daughters that he needs to learn to parent now that his wife went back to work. :P
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Oh, I knew how she left both shows, but I saw that as a joke years ago and latched onto it. Muldar left Star Trek between seasons and was never mentioned again
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Fox Muldar?
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Diana Mudar. She was the actress that played Dr. Pulaski as well as a recurring character on LA Law.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

dr_eirik wrote:Diana Mudar. She was the actress that played Dr. Pulaski as well as a recurring character on LA Law.
Um ... oh. :oops:
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Bino may not like Pridelands, but it has inspired him to try and write his own book about the alpha wolf Nibo and his loyal pack.
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

CunningFox wrote:Bino may not like Pridelands, but it has inspired him to try and write his own book about the alpha wolf Nibo and his loyal pack.
I see it now. Without a publisher, Bino gets the neighborhood dogs to read his first draft. Feedback is limited, as they're too busy debating whether it's pronounced "Nee-bo" or "Nye-bo."