17th Century Fox

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: 17th Century Fox

Post by Hlaoroo »

"You know I never had a good eye for the fresh herbs!" Tackle whines. "So can you help him?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

"yes, I can toss him over or feed him to the first cat I find." tackles mom said with a smile as she looked up from pepito
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Oh good. I was afraid for a moment there that you might actually try treating him! Tackle shoots back sarcastically.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hotep the psychic

"OH so you don't want me to treat him? well why is he here then, go throw him over!" tackles mom said walking back to see the herbs
ImageImageImage
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Hotep the psychic wrote:"OH so you don't want me to treat him? well why is he here then, go throw him over!" tackles mom said walking back to see the herbs
"what the- mam ! Mam !" Ventus called after Tackle's mother while walking after her "you're not serious about not treating that rat right ?"
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

A sense of doom hung over the cat as he stared up at the cook with the cleaver in his hand. "Anyone but the cook!", his mind screamed but he was able to maintain his cool and express on a face an adequate level of annoyance and disdain a cat usually held when interrupted from a job they didn't want to do.
"What does it look like?" Jin huffed. He held the cook's gaze for a moment before returning to his 'work'.
"I'm cleanin up after mah fellow felines. Told em it was ah bad idea. But no one listens tah Jin." The cat grumbles. "One of tha men saw me an got me tah scrub up down here... Yeh know dogs are a lot better at doin this kind ah stuff, yeh should get one ah them over here."
This wouldn't be the first time he talked his way out of a sticky situation, and he prayed to the goddess that it wouldn't be his last.
------------------------------------------------
Rhyme snorted.
"Please, Jin vould not waste you to sate his hungry stomach." The dog said matter-o-factly.
"He vould soon'er trick you out of all your feathers. Besides." Rhyme smiled a self-satisfying smile.
"He has not even killed a fly in zeh last few weeks."
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Hotep the psychic

"of course not, I just like those choices more than anything....your friend has dehydration from the jungle, the humidity caused his fever. and something hit his head for him to be unconscious. he just needs some rest and a special concoction dearie don't worry about him" tackles mother said grabing herbs from different spots
ImageImageImage
Argent

Post by Argent »

The cook stares at Jin for a while, and then lowers his cleaver (what, there's a cleaver in my hand? I'm the cook, I cut stuff up, it's what I do, nothing sinister about that) and stalks off.

----

Eduardo meets the captain on the beach, as the men haul the bundled bodies to the edge of the jungle. They talk quietly, Eduardo gesticulating wildly and Captain Palgrave alternately scowling and shaking with laughter. Finally the captain unties a sack and lets the cat out of the bag.

"All right, you mangy fleabag, what were you doing and why shouldn't I hang you from a palm right here and now?"

"Si, they would make for a fine bunch of coconuts."

[Edit: fixed colors]
Last edited by Argent on Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hotep the psychic wrote:"of course not, I just like those choices more than anything....your friend has dehydration from the jungle, the humidity caused his fever. and something hit his head for him to be unconscious. he just needs some rest and a special concoction dearie don't worry about him" tackles mother said grabing herbs from different spots
hearing that , Ventus let out a sigh "ah I see , thanks mam , sorry for bothering you"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Yeah, don't mind her. She's just getting cantankerous in her old age." Tackle reassures the other rats somewhat callously. "She's the best healer we've got though."

~#~#~
"His claws would disagree with you. I can still feel them in my back. Honestly, he clearly doesn't care about the damage he does to my feathers. I mean, look at this pinion!" Cedric spreads a wing, nearly buffeting Rhyme in the process. "It'll never be properly straight again! Not," he hastens to add, "that a knight such as myself would ever speak badly of someone. He could stand to learn a thing or two about proper courtesy though." Cedric has been living his lie for so long that by now he almost believes it himself and he has to keep reminding himself who he really is.
"How is it you know so much about Jin? Have you known him long?" he asks Rhyme.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hotep the psychic

pinch now trained another group of known archers with greater experience. in total there were 10 including pinch. pinch stood in the center of a open area as he looked around the archers hid in different spots wearing cloaks of a brown color easily hiding them. he turned quickley as another rat hid. he smiled and turned again catching a rat. then he continued
tackles mom went to pepito and poured a liquid into his mouth before walking to stint. "would you be a dear and go get some of the left over blankets in the across houseing. pepito will need it for tonight......and tackle hell be good in the morning." tackles mom said giving a warm smile as if the arguement she had didnt do anything and she was going to make cookies for everyone.
ImageImageImage
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Okay, sure." Stint replied. He left the room, grabbed the blankets, and returned. "Here you go." Stint said, handing the blankets to Tackle's mom.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hotep the psychic

Tackles mom took the blankets and gently set them over pepito before letting out a yawn. "all this work aches me surely. ill go rest these old bones, im going to need it for tomorrow.....ta ta" tackles mom said walking off.
----------
The cat looks at the captain ears back in fear of what is to happen to him. "I was following directions sir to get rid of a rat infestation." the cat said shakily his eyes small and shaking as well
ImageImageImage
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"thank you for your help mam" Ventus said , then looked back at Tackle and Stint "well mates , nice meeting you all , but it's been a long day so , I'mma find somewhere to sleep , sleep tight !"
Argent

Post by Argent »

"Sinking the ship would certainly do that! What were you doing, blowing up rat nests with gunpowder?"

"Si, Capitán, they were setting them off when we arrived."

"So you think they're just stupid, my friend? My inclination would be to put them somewhere they can't do any more damage, let them hunt the rats on the island here. We've got enough dogs to keep the rats on the ship under control, don't we, Eduardo?"

"Dogs and foxes. Los zorros are grandes ratoneros. And even the stupid black one is smarter than these cats."

"What about the plague?"

"That fox is healthy as a horse, and I'm tired of this stinking island."

"I'm of a like mind, Eduardo, we'll leave them here for now, pick them up at the end of the season. There's plenty for them to eat."

"Si, the men say they've seen rats the size of cats, they will not starve."
Hotep the psychic

The cat listening hairs go on end. "no no nonononono no please not me! Dont leave me!.....leave the one with the scars it was his idea he pulled me into it! Not me captain please or my brother we didnt kniw what was to happen we beleived it was a search and grab and leave no destruction needed!" the cat said slowly building to a sob in his begging as he pointed at a different bag holding the cat he ment of.
ImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Tackle decides that his report to Sally can wait until morning now that the cats have been captured and in a rare show of emotion and empathy, elects to stay by his friend's bedside until the morning. Looking up briefly from Pepito, Tackle does something even rarer.
"Thank you, both of you. You've saved his life. I'll see you are rewarded. Stint, show this other rat where he can sleep tonight. Just make sure he's not a Topsider first." In all the excitement, Tackle had forgotten the newcomer's name.

~~#~~#~~
Cedric yawns. "Why don't you tell me in the morning. Let's find somewhere to roost for the night now."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"You're welcome Tackle." Stint replied. He turned towards Ventus. "Follow me." Stint said, leading the newcomer towards a room where he could sleep. He stopped and turned towards Ventus. "Okay, are you a Topsider?" he asked.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

hypernovatic wrote:"You're welcome Tackle." Stint replied. He turned towards Ventus. "Follow me." Stint said, leading the newcomer towards a room where he could sleep. He stopped and turned towards Ventus. "Okay, are you a Topsider?" he asked.
"Oiz ! this again , different ship , same carp !" Ventus rolled his eyes , seemingly a little bit irritated , then shook his head " Listen mate , I could blow my top right now and give you one howl of a rant , but You've been kind enough to not treat me like an enemy in your suspicion , so in short , no , I'm not with the other side of this ship's rat." He sighed in an attempt to cool his own temper , then with a smile , the rat place his paw on Stint's shoulder "also , if you're gonna question someone , don't do it this obvious , were I really one of the Topsiders , you would've been dead by now , understand ?"
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Look, I'm not trying to be mean or anything. I just want to make sure that you're not an enemy, and by the way you helped me back there I can tell you're not. And the reason I flat out asked you if you were a Topsider is because I'm really tired and just want to get some sleep. Well, I'll see you tomorrow. Good night." Stint said, walking back to where Tackle and Pepito were. "If you don't need anything else Tackle, I'll be going to bed now." he told Tackle when he returned.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

hypernovatic wrote:"Look, I'm not trying to be mean or anything. I just want to make sure that you're not an enemy, and by the way you helped me back there I can tell you're not. And the reason I flat out asked you if you were a Topsider is because I'm really tired and just want to get some sleep. Well, I'll see you tomorrow. Good night." Stint said, walking back to where Tackle and Pepito were. "If you don't need anything else Tackle, I'll be going to bed now." he told Tackle when he returned.
"alright , good night mate" Ventus called after Stint before turned back to his room and almost immediately collapsed and fell to sleep . It's been a really long day , and the final relaxation of knowing he would no longer be stuck in that island is enough to make him feel sleepy....
......Just hope that she would remember to get on this ship tomorrow he thought , after hearing what he thought to be the sound of joyful laughter from the island..........that wolf must be drinking again.....
Argent

Post by Argent »

"What do you think, Eduardo?"

"I think, capitan, that we can always get more cats. Easier than getting a new ship."
Hotep the psychic

The cat shivered in fear of what the choice may be before passing out due to holding his breath too long
ImageImageImage
Argent

Post by Argent »

Captain Palgrave rolls his eyes, and directs Eduardo to start his men tearing down the camp and returning to the ship. "And leave the cats here, this one can let the rest out when we're gone."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Sure. Fine." Tackle answers, somewhat absently.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Stint placed his paw on Tackle's shoulder. "He'll be okay. I suggest you get some sleep as well." he told Tackle.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Tackle nods and buries his face in his paws. "I hope so... You're right. I need to sleep. I've just had a lot happen today." Tackle orders one of the nurse-rats in the infirmary to wake him in the early hours of the morning so he can perform the funeral rites for the rats killed in the day's fighting and then lies down on the next bed along from Pepito and shuts his eyes.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hotep the psychic

Pinch now finished with his dutys moves to his own room and lays down. "and tomorrow is more work...great" he then closes his eyes waiting for morning.
ImageImageImage
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Jin breathes a sigh of relief as he watches the cook leave. For a moment he pondered the fate of his fellow cats before returning to his own mortality. He had effectively avoided death, or some fate worse, and congratulations are in order, his reward?
"Sleep..." Jin grumbled, and made his way towards the crow's nest.
---------------------------------
Rhyme nodded.
"That zounds like a good idea. Et es a long story that es better told when wide awake anyways." And with that she made her way back to the camp where she boarded a small boat headed back to the ship.

Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Tomorow it is then." When they reach the ship, Cedric flaps off to his favourite place in the rigging and settles down for the night.

~#~#~
In the wee hours of the morning, before anyone but the night watchmen are stirring on board the ship, several small bodies are slipped over the side of the ship, weighted down by stones tied to their tails, the few remains the rats had recovered after the cats' raid on the Bilge. Accompanied by the solemn words intoned by Tackle and heard only by the pall bearers and the few family members who were allowed to attend, the funeral is short and the survivors soon dissipate as the risk of being discovered by a crewperson is too great.

~#~#~
The next morning, the only evidence of the ship's visit to the island is a few scorched patches of sand, a new colony of rats and a sail disappearing over the horizon.

Stretching his wings, Cedric briefly wonders why he's still on the boat instead of on the island, safe from the water, and then swoops down to grab the fish from the captain's tray as the cook prepares it in the kitchen.

Tackle wakes up and is briefly disoriented until he realises he's back in the infirmary by Pepito's bedside where he'd returned after conducting the funeral. In the bed, Pepito slumbers on.
Last edited by Hlaoroo on Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Last night was a great night , it's been quite long since the last time Ventus had such a well rested sleep . But eventually , every slumber has to end , and the rat was woke up quietly inside his room . Decided to take a walk around for some fresh (?!) air , he opened the door , sneaking out as quietly as possible to not disturb anyone else

~~~~~~~

"well that was a fun night" Rocea told herself , watching the sunrise , her mind was still a little bit blurry from the rum, but she wasn't that drunk anymore.......the wolf then started to wonder whether or not she should wake the two foxes up or not......
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

A small beam of sunlight shined on Dune's eyes through a small hole in the ceiling. She slowly opened her eyes. Dune unwrapped her arm from Blacks and sat up, a little disoriented. She yawned and stretched.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hotep the psychic

Blacks soon wakes up after dune and sits up. his groggy self for mornings not recognizing who is awake and whos not until he stretches and gets all his gear on himself and shakes himself out of it. he then notices hes on the ship than his tents on the island. "must have carried us onto the ship while we were in our slumbers. good thing there was a fire going.'' he said to himself before seeing dune and rocea awake. "morning you two. welcome aboard, its time for dutys if you've got them. if you need something ill be below deck checking the port guns with my owner. if you don't have work or anything of the sort ill take you to the captain now."blacks said as shouting and running could be heard faintly.
------------
Pinch after waking early was at the barracks again with the new troop of archers and rangers. They all fired at set targets hitting dead on the center. "alright everyone that's good now. retrieve the arrows and take a break." pinch said as George came to him with a scouting report. he nodded and then the two left to find tackle.
ImageImageImage
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Dune stood up, wobbling, and realized they were on the ship. "What?" she said, almost falling over. "Considering Rocea and I just got here you're going to have to take us to the captain." Dune said.
--------
Stint woke up and walked to where Tackle and Pepito were. "Are you feeling better?" Stint asked Tackle.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"somehow I think he already knew about us" Rocea chuckled

~~~~~~

after walking around a bit , Ventus found himself back where he started , with the rats seems to have woken up as well , so he decided to go and check on that unconscious rat from yesterday
Hotep the psychic

"well better check than not. follow me please" blacks said opening a door and leading the two to the captain.
ImageImageImage
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Far above the deck a certain black cat gazed down upon the crew below, particularly on the small skulk of foxes that were making their way to the captain cabin.
There was a scowl on his face, showing his great disdain.
"Feh, will ya look ah that. Dogs evrehwhere an not ah cat in sight. Even worse, foxes. Not only are they dog but that lot is cunnin too."
"Good riddance I say. Us rats can finally walk around without the constant fear of death over our heads. Err, no offense." Walker said, again sitting on the top of the feline's head. For a rat he was usually comfortable with being in dizzyingly high places.
Jin just scoffed and then sighed.
"But all those connections, gone. Ah had most ah tha cat crew in mah hand... Now? Nothin. Have tah start from scratch again..."
'Well you still got the rats. And Rhyme. Didn't I see her i-"
The rat was stopped short by a bop on the head.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rhyme yawned. Tired...
Despite often sleeping late, she woke up with the rest of the crew. Though she didn't have any duties at the moment she found herself on the deck, leaning against the railings on the side of the front of the ship. She tried to rub the sleep out of her eyes and mentally prepared herself for the rest of the day.

Ref Ref!
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

After Tiki had woken up he decided to replenish his gunpowder, when he entered the armory he began climbing around the crates looking for his gunpowder. "Why do people always move the good stuff to a different location?"
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Did you sleep good?" Dune asked Rocea as she followed Blacks.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

hypernovatic wrote:"Did you sleep good?" Dune asked Rocea as she followed Blacks.
"No I didn't sleep at all" Rocea laughed "Last night was a really fun night , it would be a shame to sleep through it"