Non HPU: Chival Res

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Re: Non HPU: Chival Res

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

and Chris was right behind the others, chasing after the thief.. or at least chasing after the siblings. They can probably handle this without me, he thought to himself. I'll just step in if they need me.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
69eist

Post by 69eist »

The thief runs into store #27. Elliot tries to catch up but trips.

"Ooff..."
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Buster wrote:About ten seconds or so after the shout about a thief, Ustean may see an impossibly familiar ferret dashing past, identical to Yves save for a white collar and Bandana around his neck with a purple 'ghost' emblem on it.
Uistean watched as the ferret ran past, he knew what Yves told him to do and he would never want to let him down, so he stayed put. He watched as that ferret ran off, he'd probably ask Yves about it later though.
69eist wrote:The thief runs into store #27. Elliot tries to catch up but trips.
Yves made his way up through the store and into a large clothing store, at least with him here that only gave the thief less places to run to. He made his way to the entrance of this store and mall hallway. He saw the thief ran into the side store, "Idiot." He muttered to himself again, he slowed down, knowing that the others chasing him would probably corner him down, so he just kept an eye out as he jogged paced to the store the thief ran into.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Matt waved goodbye to the man before placing his glaces back on and pulling out his cane, walking after the dog.
"So, um... what kind of video games do you play?" Matt asked.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Strategy games, shooters, but I think my favorite are the RPGs. Something about having the time to live another life, even partially is just fun. All games are like that I suppose. Stories of other lives condensed into a game. Do you do anything for fun, yourself?"
69eist

Post by 69eist »

Civilization wrote:
Buster wrote:About ten seconds or so after the shout about a thief, Ustean may see an impossibly familiar ferret dashing past, identical to Yves save for a white collar and Bandana around his neck with a purple 'ghost' emblem on it.
Uistean watched as the ferret ran past, he knew what Yves told him to do and he would never want to let him down, so he stayed put. He watched as that ferret ran off, he'd probably ask Yves about it later though.
69eist wrote:The thief runs into store #27. Elliot tries to catch up but trips.
Yves made his way up through the store and into a large clothing store, at least with him here that only gave the thief less places to run to. He made his way to the entrance of this store and mall hallway. He saw the thief ran into the side store, "Idiot." He muttered to himself again, he slowed down, knowing that the others chasing him would probably corner him down, so he just kept an eye out as he jogged paced to the store the thief ran into.
The thief pops his head out of store #20, it then tries tip toeing to sneak past the pets.
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Having been further away than the others to start, the The other ferret took a bit longer to get inside, having just reached the mall interior via the Albersons. As such, he didn't see the others making a beeline for the thief's former position.

one person tiptoeing toards an exit in a mask while everybody else is running around on the other hand, kinda stands out.

Gotcha.

Increasing his pace to a sprint, the ferret closes with the target, ducking at the last second and sweeping one leg out trying to catch the masked figure in the shins.

If it works, it should knock the masked figure prone.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Deske wrote:"Strategy games, shooters, but I think my favorite are the RPGs. Something about having the time to live another life, even partially is just fun. All games are like that I suppose. Stories of other lives condensed into a game. Do you do anything for fun, yourself?"
"I used to do a lot of Super Mario Bros "back in the day", but now video games aren't fun to me anymore. Holding a controller and pressing buttons isn't as fun if you can't see what you're doing." Matt said. "So now I usually just read. I can either browse articles on the internet using a braille translator or I can read books." Matt explained.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
69eist

Post by 69eist »

Buster wrote:Having been further away than the others to start, the The other ferret took a bit longer to get inside, having just reached the mall interior via the Albersons. As such, he didn't see the others making a beeline for the thief's former position.

one person tiptoeing toards an exit in a mask while everybody else is running around on the other hand, kinda stands out.

Gotcha.

Increasing his pace to a sprint, the ferret closes with the target, ducking at the last second and sweeping one leg out trying to catch the masked figure in the shins.

If it works, it should knock the masked figure prone.
The masked figure trips, falling on it's back while the paper bag is sent flying to store #23
My Personas

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

The ferret isn't going to waste any time. drawing a small dart from beneath the bandanna tied around his neck, he immediately makes a jab for the masked figure's throat.

If it hits in the right place, the pressure from the impact will cause the dart to start injecting tranquilizers into the carotid artery, though slower than it normally would, as it's designed to be fired from a weapon he's currently not carrying, not used manually.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
69eist

Post by 69eist »

Buster wrote:The ferret isn't going to waste any time. drawing a small dart from beneath the bandanna tied around his neck, he immediately makes a jab for the masked figure's throat.

If it hits in the right place, the pressure from the impact will cause the dart to start injecting tranquilizers into the carotid artery, though slower than it normally would, as it's designed to be fired from a weapon he's currently not carrying, not used manually.
The masked pet vanishes into thin air. Leaving behind the mask.

Elliot enters store #20, trying to look for the masked pet.
My Personas

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Sky stopped for only a moment, shocked at the sudden disappearance, before charging into the store after Elliot, Teleporter or a cloner, just great.

Blithe ran the other way into store 23 in search of the bag.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Slamming her own hand, dart and all, into the tile was not part of the plan. nor was smashing the dart and getting glass in her paw.

ooh this is not good...

Pulling back and digging the shards out, was the easy part. Trying to hide the fact that her right arm had gone numb and was reverting back to the blank white fur it goes into mid-shift... not so much.

She wasn't going to be much help right now, and this place was too public to risk passing out and involuntarily shifting. Scooping the mask up, wanting to examine it, she dashed out the doors taking shelter in the parking structure outside before the numbness could spread further.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Chris was surprised at the disappearance. Well that's something you don't see every day, he thought.
figuring he could probably help the fallen fox a bit if he got hurt, he decided to follow after Sky.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Yves stopped, noticing the others chasing the thief lost him, and he could tell that that amateur couldn't outwit those ones chasing him. And he couldn't have run out of the store, he didn't see him enter or leave. "Well then, he earned that." He muttered to himself as he made his way down the hall back to Uistean, "I'm a idiot." He continued to mutter to himself as he walked on.

He spotted Uistean right where he left him, "Ready to go now?"
Uistean looked at him and smiled, "Yes I am. What happened though?"
"I'll tell you about it on the way home."
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Deske

Post by Deske »

That made him laugh, "Back in the day? I'm almost 3 times your age and you're saying 'Back in the day' to me? I remember when Nintendo came out with their reboot for the home entertainment system. The NES64. Name didn't mean anything, it was just a throwback. But I know how you feel. It's nice to sit back, Markuss and I have a small library, few bookcases, we take a break from the games every so often to sit back and enjoy it. It's really nice when its raining outside." He looks ahead of him instead of at Matthias, "We're almost there. Just another few blocks or so until we get to the building."
69eist

Post by 69eist »

Buster wrote:Slamming her own hand, dart and all, into the tile was not part of the plan. nor was smashing the dart and getting glass in her paw.

ooh this is not good...

Pulling back and digging the shards out, was the easy part. Trying to hide the fact that her right arm had gone numb and was reverting back to the blank white fur it goes into mid-shift... not so much.

She wasn't going to be much help right now, and this place was too public to risk passing out and involuntarily shifting. Scooping the mask up, wanting to examine it, she dashed out the doors taking shelter in the parking structure outside before the numbness could spread further.
On the back of the mask it says, "Nice catch buddy. I'll keep in touch."

Attached is an Orange Fox Pin.

Meanwhile, the shady figure puts on another mask and whistles, picking up the paper bag and walks towards Albertsons casually.

Elliot seems to have entered a furniture store and tries looking through the objects
My Personas

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

"When I refer to back in the day, I mean back when I could see. I just don't like bringing up sightlessness because it always sends everyone into pitty mode. Wait, why would they try to bring back the old console games if virtual reality headsets are a thing? Matt asked, nodding at the update on how far it was from here.
Deske

Post by Deske »

"No, it's just a throwback. Just because it says 64 doesn't mean it's only 64-bit. It's a throwback to the Nintendo 64- Am I the only one who knows that was a thing? Besides, VR isn't very fun when you know you aren't moving and the full VR rooms take up too much space and cost too much."
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

Dorian smiled from behind his helmet, he hadn't been in a race for some time. He kept Larkin's pace until they eventually arrived at the building they wanted to reach. "here we are, CrimTech Industries." He said, looking up at the massive skyscraper, around the corner was the sound of a crowd gathering. He looked down and gestured over to a metalltic rack with rings, made to lock up bicycles. "You can lock your bike up there, don't worry its free parking and the security keeps a close eye on the bikes around here as well." Dorian got off the bike and took his helmet off and locking it in the bikes storage compartment, he took a look at his watch, "We still have some time I think, so I can give you a small tour inside if you want." he said, taking his backpack and putting it on.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Deske wrote:"No, it's just a throwback. Just because it says 64 doesn't mean it's only 64-bit. It's a throwback to the Nintendo 64- Am I the only one who knows that was a thing? Besides, VR isn't very fun when you know you aren't moving and the full VR rooms take up too much space and cost too much."
I haven't tried either VR set ups, so I wouldn't know. I think storms are one of my favorite weather conditions to be in. The thunder and the heavy assault of rain hitting the roof... I love it! Especially when it's quiet in the house." Matt said, cane tapping along as he followed the dog.
Deske

Post by Deske »

"To be honest though, snow is definitely my favorite weather. Especially when it's been going on for a while. The silence of it, the crunch when you step on it and the crispness of the air when you breathe it in." As they reach CrimTech, Sirius steps up to the front door and opens it for Matthias, "We're here."
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

doing her best to stave off the spreading numbness, The fake ferret managed to get back to where her things were stashed before shifting back to Strike, or at least a version of strike with white patches spreading up one arm.

quickly stashing the mask and her things in her lunch box, and switching collars, she hit the buzzer on it. her owner would find her in a few minutes.

so much for going to the party...

She just sat there, clinging to her bags, trying not to pass out.
HoundInATree

Post by HoundInATree »

'Here already, aww.' Larkin pulled up to the bicycle rack, sliding his bicycle in gracefully. At least he wouldn't need to wind the fly-wheels up again. 'A tour sounds great.' He pulled out a chain from a pocket and fasten the bicycle to the rack, following be flicking many different levers and catches, locking ever moving part of the bicycle down. 'Well, securities and added bonus, but anyone trying to take off with my bike is going to have a very hard time moving it.' Larkin took his arms out of his coat's sleeves and let it rest on his shoulders. 'Um, don't you want to bring your bike insdie too? The nut needs replacing and all that.'
My tree now has a café in it. Yay?
Hlaoroo wrote:In Soviet Russia, TreeInAHound!

RP Character(s)
Albert Grant, Sunset Plateau
Larkin Dewolfe, Chivalry Residences
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Deske wrote:"To be honest though, snow is definitely my favorite weather. Especially when it's been going on for a while. The silence of it, the crunch when you step on it and the crispness of the air when you breathe it in." As they reach CrimTech, Sirius steps up to the front door and opens it for Matthias, "We're here."
Mm, I wish that I couldn't be so sleepy when the weather gets cold, but my hibernation clock gets wound up around that time. Matt replied. He stepped inside with the dog and paused to take his hood and glasses off.
69eist

Post by 69eist »

Suddenly, the Elliot's and the thief's phone starts to ring. He picks it up and answers.

"Hello?"
"Hello?"

"Are you done with your little game?"

"Can't talk right now, kinda busy..... JYNX!"
"Can't talk right now, kinda busy..... JYNX!"
My Personas

Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Yves and Uistean made their way back the way they came and out to the street. Yves explained what had happened and Uistean asked about the incident involving him. After a while of odd conversation of the short time at the mall store, they decided to just blow the whole thing off as weird. After a while Yves and Uistean had to change out which bags they were carrying to shift the weight they had to carry. At least this time the time on their way back home seemed to be going more smoothly.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

As Blithe searched for the thrown bag, he saw the thief pick up the bag and began to move. He was indecisive on exactly what to do so he started follow. As he got within arms reach he thought quick and tried to grab the thief from behind.

Sky was more than a little frustrated, her handpaws curled into fists. She turned to Elliot whom she had been following, "Looks like he got away." She practically growled. She turned to Elliot who was on his phone. Her voice becoming softer, feeling like she had failed, "I'm sorry we couldn't find him. Not sure if my brother found your stuff or not." She started to leave the store, looking a tad downcast, feeling like she had contributed nothing.
69eist

Post by 69eist »

"We'll be there in a bit, we're wrapping u-"
The masked thief is suddenly teleported, avoiding the cat that nearly grabbed him.

Meanwhile, Elliot puts his phone away for a moment and catches up to the female cat.
"Don't worry about it. I'm sure the thief is still here somewhere. We just gotta loo-"

The thief reappears in front of store #19, face planting into the glass window making an awkward face. *BLOMP*
"Eeeeerf."

Elliot couldn't help but laugh inside,
"Pppfffttt."
My Personas

Deske

Post by Deske »

"That doesn't sound fun at all. Do you just end up feeling tired all the time or is it one of those things where it constantly nags at your mind to go to sleep?"
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Dorian led Larkin to the main door "I'm going to take care of it at the main desk, I can't bring it through the main entry so I will have to call one of the techs over and take it to the floor we need. In fact I should do that now, please don't wander off to far. There is a security guard here, a German Shepard, that doesn't like loiterers." Dorian led him to the main desk and started talking to the receptionist, he had made her laugh with some silly joke about a chicken crossing the road and also told her about the bike. Which gained a gasp from her and her going on for a while asking if he was alright.

During this time at the security desk, a German Shepard noticed Dorian and the person that followed him, he smiled as he got up and walked over to the fox and Dorian "Excuse me, gentlemen. But I need to see your ID or I will have to detain you for loitering and causing a racket. Also for being in a personnel only area."
RP Characters:
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Around the same time , somewhere else in the city , at a flower shop , the owner , a vixen by the name of Alexis , was just about finish helping her costumer picking the right flowers for his lover
"So , are you going ?" the man asked
"Sorry ?" she replied
"Are you going to the city name announcement this afternoon ?"
"Oh , no not really , sorry"
"oh ? Why not , it's a big occasion"
"Yeah , but like , I just don't really into that sort of things you know . I , well , I guess the crowd just isn't my thing . Beside , I have a shop to take care of"
"Everyone will be there miss , you may as well close up early for today"
"But still , you know...."
"Heh , well , I just thought it may be fun , you're new in town , so maybe this could just be the occasion to meet new people , some of them may even be your future costumers , give that a thought ."
"Heh , I suppose."
"Well , I'm gonna go , think about that alright ?"
"I will , have a good day , and thank you !"
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Deske wrote:"That doesn't sound fun at all. Do you just end up feeling tired all the time or is it one of those things where it constantly nags at your mind to go to sleep?"
"It's a bit of both, but I think the worst is feeling tired all winter. You wake up and try to get breakfast, only to realize that you're soaking your Frosted Flakes with orange juice after you've already filled the bowl." Matt said. He then paused to listen around for any noise that busy events usually have. "Hey, how many people are here now?"
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Both the ferrets got home to find that Charley still hadn't gotten home, "Looks like he decided to pull another all nighter at work."
Uistean sighed, "Yeah."
They spent a short amount of time putting the spices and other ingredients away, once they were done they just stood there in the kitchen, "Want to go to that celebration thing?"
Yves sighed this time, "It'll be busy getting in and out, everything's closed, and I'm pretty sure it'll be on television too."
"You're right." Uistean looked around, "Want to walk around the less busy part of the city then."
"I guess, better than just sitting here waiting for you to cook something. Let's go."
"Oh I knew there was something I could have been doing right now." Uistean teased as they locked up and left again.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

69eist wrote:The thief reappears in front of store #19, face planting into the glass window making an awkward face. *BLOMP*
"Eeeeerf."

Elliot couldn't help but laugh inside,
"Pppfffttt."
The sound of the thief hitting the window caught Chris's attention. He was getting tired of this guy popping in and out, so he figured he'd take him out.

All he needed was a touch. He ran at the thief and grabbed at his leg, sending a quick surge of electricity into it to make the muscles contract, incapacitating the thief at least briefly.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

A small sharp pain in her leg, and a brief jolt of adrenaline brought Strike back to the waking world, reducing the effect of the partial sedative dose she had inadvertently given herself.

"Don't scare me like that kiddo. You really should have brought a Pen with you..." he said, both looking and sounding quite worried, as he waved a spent epipen in front of her.

Strike just looked at him sheepishly, before leaning forward and hugging him.
yeah, well, I wasn't planning on using a tranquilizer on myself. Maybe your right though, That could happen again...

She was just glad her dad was dumb enough to mistake her fur loosing it's color when her abilities acted up for some kind of allergic reaction, he wouldn't have had those pens on hand otherwise. Her vet had been a harder sell, but that had worked itself out.

Letting go of him and getting up, she grabbed her bags and headed for her dad's car.
HoundInATree

Post by HoundInATree »

'Oh hi, we're just waiting to sort out a visitor's pass.' Larkin assumed that was what Dorian was going to do, if not that should at least drop a hint to him. 'He should have his own ID with him.' Larkin gestured towards Dorian.
My tree now has a café in it. Yay?
Hlaoroo wrote:In Soviet Russia, TreeInAHound!

RP Character(s)
Albert Grant, Sunset Plateau
Larkin Dewolfe, Chivalry Residences
69eist

Post by 69eist »

The masked pet recovers, putting his phone away.
"Mmmfff, did he have to make me facepla-"

Suddenly feels something grab his leg. By the time he turns to see what it was, he feels a painful shock.
"Aaagghhh!!!"
He yells, dropping the bag of goods.

Elliot couldn't help but be surprised, seeing another super. But he was more shocked that the thief was getting hurt. He tries to run up to them and yells.
"Stop!"
My Personas

Deske

Post by Deske »

Sirius looked about the inside of the building, counting heads. "Only a few, maybe 4. Seems we're a bit early actually. They did say, what was it, 15- 30 minutes until closing?" He spied a bench and walked over to it, taking a seat and checking his watch, "Seems like everyone else here is like us, a bit early."
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

"That's well and good, but I have heard that story before." The guard gestured over to the panda who was standing at the desk. "And he is a nut job who thinks he owns the place, always comes in here trying to sneak in. You both are coming with me." The guard grinned while walking over to Dorian "I told you to never come back here"

Dorian knew from the sound of the guards voice exactly who was giving him and Larkin a hard time, he smiled and turned around to meet the German Shepard "You know Brian, one of these days, someone is going to have enough and is going to hit you in the jaw. I would do it to, or fire you. I can do that." he reached over the counter and got one visitor pass that read "Visitor access, level 8"
"Yeah, and are you finally going to try and hit me then?" Brian asked.
Both the panda and dog stared at each other before Brian finally began to chuckle leading Dorian to do the same. "Sorry about all this Larkin, this is my adopted brother Brian, he works here to. We give each other a hard time a lot." Dorian had hoped Brian had not scared the fox then went back to talking to Brian. "So I am a nut job this time? You are starting to run out of material for being such a comedian. Also before I forget Larkin, you are going to need to wear this." Dorian handed him the visitor badge, "For where we are going to be headed after this little ceremony going on. But you will need to stay with me when we get past the museum levels. Even though Brian knows me, he still has to do his job, and I can't stop him from throwing you out if you go somewhere you aren't supposed to be."
"That's right." Brian nodded, "I also need to check your bags, both of you. Security stuff you know."
Dorian handed him his back pack, and Brian looked through the inside of it "Don't pull any of that stuff out, its really hard to repack that."
"What is it anyway?" Brian asked almost finished with the inspection, he had the front pocket left, which he found and pulled out a stick of chewing gum and a few dollar bills, "smuggling in imported goods again? Shame on you Dorian." He took the stick of chewing gum, unwrapped it and popped it into his mouth "Gonna have to confiscate it." He said smiling, or he was smiling for a moment before spitting the wad of gum into his paw "Bleh! Seriously bro? What is this flavor?" In the background two other guards were laughing at the exchange taking place within ear shot of them.
Dorian chuckled at his prank "Red pepper extract, really good for getting at people who try to steal my stuff." he pulled out a pack of chewing gum from his pocket "Here, your favorite flavor".
Brian glared at the laughing guards briefly before turning back to Dorian and taking the packet. "Finally got me, I was wondering if you ever would." He turned to Larkin, "Your turn now sir, the tool bag please."
RP Characters: