SRP - STEELHAVEN

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Deske

Re: SRP - STEELHAVEN

Post by Deske »

Colorado pressed the button on the shield handle again and carried it off behind the yellow line, excited to see what the mechs could do.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Blitz hoped into his seat and closed the golem. The seats slid in, and a countdown for 60 seconds started.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Ashleigh stood up unwillingly, unhappy with giving up her seat. She walked over to the other side of the room and leaned against the far wall as the countdown initiated.
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Corp changed his gaze and it fell upon Lieutenant Serge. He wasn't sure what to make of this one. She was certainly angry about something but he wasn't quite sure what. From the way she walked he could detect she wasn't one to do things without purpose but what was her position here? She seemed to be a floater with nothing fully assigned to her. He had a small idea, though, that this one was destined for the bridge. Good. With the exception of himself, the bridge wasn't a place that normally 'welcomed' security and, according to her records, Serge was a qualified pilot. Not a top of the range one, of course, but proficient at least and good in a fight. He decided he might need to see if the Captain required a back up helm operator. Unarmed, of course. There was just something about that anger...
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Welcome aboard the dragonzord. Lewis said to Blitz when he got in. As he waited for the countdown to finish, he pressed a button on his right glove and played an imaginary flute to the song of the dragon dagger. (OOC: here's the song in case you were wondering: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5E3qI-eHrRs )
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Deske

Post by Deske »

Colorado turns to the security chief, "Hey, I never actually got your name."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Corp looked over towards the Doctor before replying. "It's Corp, Doctor," he said casually. "Corp Davidstow, Security Chief."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Blitz began highlighting targets with yellow as civilians, red as enemies, then marked orange as the objective.
First shoot down the Red ones, avoid hitting the yellows, then capture the orange after the timer goes off. Blitz instructed.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Ah. Well it's nice to finally put a name to a face. Oh and can I uh, keep this?" He smiles nervously and coughs trying to play it off as no big deal
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Of course, Doctor," Corp said without a hint of a smile as he assumed the Doctor was talking of the shield. "For the next five to ten minutes, of course."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Colorado half-smiles at Corp "Thanks. Now, if you'll excuse me I've got some things to get set up in my office. Tell the captain I'll be a while. Some of these things need special attention." The smile instantly disappearing from his face as he says this, conveying his seriousness. And with that he's off to his office, shield in tow.
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Ash watched as Vanderbilt speedily walked off the hangar. She wondered what a doctor could do with a tactical shield, but figured he probably just wanted to inspect its complex design.
Well, that's one more off our little tour, hopefully things will go faster now. She thought.
Ashleigh left the wall and passed Corp, now noticing his eyes on her. He looked slightly anxious about something. Was he paranoid?
Nah, the chief didn't seem like a man who would easily fret over details. But yet, she could tell that he was suspicious of her.
Confrontation would be inevitable, but I've got time...let him come to me when he feels up to it. Ash concluded, as she headed over to the crates, hoping for a better view of the fighting machines.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Corp watched her head across the room and cast his eye down to make sure he was still on the correct side of the line. He was. By about three feet. It was enough.

After a moment of non-activity, Corp checked his commline for time and wondered how long remained until take-off and what games the 'tower' might play. The last time they'd docked at a station the tower had held them up for six hours for a permission that THEY'D misfiled.

A cursory scan on his visor showed two attempts to smuggle contraband in by two of the usual suspects who'd probably be spending all their free time in the brig again. He sighed. Those two could be great engineers. They'd needed the body scanners this time... He tapped his boot on the ground and waited impatiently.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

That's it? Easy as pie. And with that, he was off. He used the mechs rockets to propel himself up, and elbowed a drone into the ground. He used the wrist cannons to shoot one down, and threw one into another. THIS IS AWESOME!! Lewis yelled with almost psychotic glee.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

The shield flashed up as the 2 sprung off.
Blitz remained with the same happy attitude.
Hey, the balance if a bit off. Use the dial on the left to balance your golem. Blitz instructed. To the people on the outside, the golem was tilted slightly left.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Oh. Sorry. Lewis said as he adjusted the knob, righting the mecha. Back to super smash bros. He grabbed two drones and smashed them together. He flew up close to the ceiling and rained fire below, taking out eleven enemy drones, but accidentally taking out one civilian drone as well. Oops. Good thing we aren't using live targets.

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Blitz gritted his teeth at Lewis' last remark.
This isn't a "Oops, oh well" situation. If this were real, the civilian would be dead. Stop fighting so crazily and work out a strategy with your partner. Blitz instructed. He began drawing out plans as side notes displaying on the left of Lewis' screen. One where Lewis pushes through the ranks to the objective, one where he zig-zags through the enemy ranks, and one where he separates the civilians from the enemies before taking the enemies out.
Look over those while under cover and tell me which one is best.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

As the Civilian drone dropped, Corp narrowed his eyes behind his visor. The helmet may have hidden that but there was no hiding the grinding of his teeth and the way he straightened up, extending an arm sharply, activated that part of the knife rig he kept under his jacket. the and handle of a blade extended out of a sleeve under his handpaw to a position where he could normally grab it. It waited for a few seconds and then pulled itself back up the arm.in safety. Corp grumbled but remained quiet.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Elsewhere there was nothing out of place in the supply storage hold. Nothing at all.
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

Stephens eyes widened as he watched the civilian drone be hit. He hoped in a real fight Lewis would be more attentive, or he may have to keep his distance if there was a real situation with live targets.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"You see now why I don't like these things, Stephens." Corp said clearly, glancing over to the other security officer. "when they're around, people are in danger. My stipulation when they're around? If attacking, follow them in. Other than that? Get the Civilians out of firing range and then get down. Take a shot only when you can get away with it. When these things are around? In reality people die and we're not paid to commit suicide."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Lewis gave a sheepish chuckle. Sorry. The power I feel piloting these things gives me a rush. I'll get them out of the way. He raced across the hanger, quickly but carefully taking all the civilian drones and placing them behind the line. With all of them out of the way, he went back to fighting the enemy drones. He punched and kicked and crushed and blasted all of them, forming a slightly gruesome display. Within three minutes the fight was over, Lewis panting from the adrenalin. That was exhilarating! It's been a while since I've had that much fun.

Jacey

Post by Jacey »

I certainly understand now Chief. Said Stephens as he stood up now from sitting, he didn't feel as safe has he thought he was going to be now.
RP Characters:
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Don't you worry about it, son," Corp said reassuringly without changing his tone in the slightest. "First time seeing these things is always a shock. You've seen it now. You can deal with it."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Blitz scanned the masses of drones for the objective drone, but it was gone.
I think you must've hit the objective. Y'know, the only thing disposable with this training was the blueprints. Blitz said. Alright, park the golem.
Blitz's tone was somewhat relieved or disappointed in the training.
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Oh, yes I am sure I will be used to them. As long as they are not running at me I guess. Barry saw that the training seemed over and wondered aloud to himself Now were will we go?
RP Characters:
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Lewis parked the mech and got out, blushing rather heavily. Yea, I'm really sorry guys. I lost control and wasted a lot of money with... those.. He smacked his forehead as he realized something. Of course!! He check his gloves display to see if something was still there. Yes, I still have the data! He pressed a few buttons and a crate nearby opened. A swarm of nanobots flew out and surrounded the drone wreck. We tested them yesterday while the hull was being repaired. They're to help repair broken vehicles and mechs. They're still in the experimental phase, so we tested them on the drones. Within fifteen seconds, the drones had been resembled and the nanobots went into their crate. Now then, adrenalin fueled psychopathy aside, shall we continue the tour?

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"It might be just as well, Lieutenant," Corp agreed, peeling himself off the wall. "After that workout, many of us might need a drink."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Lewis, if this was a real test, you'd never be allowed near a golem again. Blitz said plainly. You know how to pilot the golem, but you let it pilot you.
As he spoke, the shield went down and the pa system went on again.
I'm glad I wasn't out there when that went down.
If you want some classes later, I can schedule you in once everything is back in working order. Blitz said.
Last edited by MrNeonShot on Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Corp stepped forward and clapped Lewis on the shoulder. "Learn from the mistakes," he advised, "and you'll be better in battle, Lieutenant. Little less enthusiasm, eh?" He gave Lewis a tight, reassuring, smile for a second before turning it off.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

I'll try not to go crazy next time. Lewis said to corp. Though at least you have me as an ally, not any enemy. He picked up his clipboard from atop one of the crates and looked up their next stop. Ah yes, the lionhearts! Your office is right next to doctor rains. There's a lot of state of the art equipment in there in case you didn't bring your own. Also, please tell me you didn't bring a neon sign too.

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Corp decided five minutes warning was enough as he made his way over to his next 'chat' target. "So, Lieutenant Serge," he said directly, "tell me about you."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Inside the medical bay, Colorado had pulled the biohazard containment lever, a shipwide alarm rang out, an automated voice came over the PA stating what was happening and that it was all fine, locking and sealing all doors and ventilation systems connected to the room in addition to creating a vacuum in the room, rendering it inhospitable to life. Wearing a bioHazard suit and an oxygen tank he was busy storing away many different viruses, the majority of which weren't so bad, however the occasional one or two were slightly more worrisome than the rest.
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

As the training session came to a close, Ashleigh hopped off the crate she had been sitting on and stretched. She had not heard Corp move towards her, for she had been too absorbed in the action. The chief's authoritative voice startled Ash and she nearly jumped. She scanned Corp from head to toe, clearly uncomfortable and slightly annoyed with his presence.
"About myself? I'm afraid that's private." She replied hastily.
Suddenly realising who she was addressing, she quickly added "but if you insist, chief. In truth, there's not much to tell. I assume you've read my dossier, so you would know that I was raised in a militaristic family. To recap: some years ago, my mother was brutally killed in the third war and my father abandoned his duty as a soldier and joined the medical department. I'm not sure if I can blame him, he was overcome with depression...but what I can blame him for is the fact that stopped caring for my brother and I. I have always known my father as a man of strength and responsibility, but seeing him now...*sigh*...what kind of parent abandons their own children? I desperately needed financial support, so what better to do than to join the army? As for my brother, he found his way by becoming a mercenary or bounty hunter of some sort, but I've since lost contact with him. Anyhow, I progressed through their ranks quickly, then graduated battle school in less than a year. I separated myself from the army after that in pursuit of greater things. My first occupation was a weapon specialist for the special operations team of a private organisation. I was very good at that job, mind you, but the organisation fell apart recently, so I set off to find myself a better job. And here I am.
She scoffed and inhaled sharply.
Questions? Or was there anything specific you wanted to know, chief?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Not really," Corp said sharply. "It just helps me to get a handle on you. Perhaps if we get to trust each other more I might tell you a tale about Combat Medical officers that might help explain a little of things. I would request that you fill in a report on your brother, though, as I may need to chase that up. Things like that have a habit of coming back to haunt us, Lieutenant. Where exactly do you see yourself working on this ship, Lieutenant? I hear you're not too bad on the stick?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Ashleigh nodded. "Will do. Though I'm not sure I can provide much information. We were already somewhat distant before we parted ways, but I suppose I could give a description of his appearance. As for my purpose here? Well, I initially applied for my old position as weapon specialist and battle overseer; but after settling down, I'm getting the feeling that said position is not available here. Must be some sort of error in the filing process. Unless I'm wrong." She said with a hint of a smile.
"So. Helm operator, you say? To be honest, I'll reckon you're better off assigning that to someone else. I can fly, but nowhere near a professional level. Of course, I would not object if I were to end up there. I don't dislike the position and...well, you should do as you see fit, chief."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"The positions are assigned by the Captain," Corp remarked, "with assistance from the Lieutenant here." He paused for a moment as a call came in. His microphone slipped down. "On my way. Try to keep it contained, Goodwin! Lieutenant Walker," Corp said as he began to stride away, pulling out his shokstik, "wherever you take these guys next; DON'T let it be the bar!" He broke into a run.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Stephens was definitely ready to finish the tour, he stepped out of the way as Corp ran past than moved toward the exit, assuming the others would be following.
RP Characters:
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Corp hurried towards the call, pushing past several technicians and other ranks until he reached the bar, where one of his guards was holding his head as a medic tended to him. He could hear the sounds of damage inside the bar. “Channing,” he asked the guard, “what's the report.

He just... went nuts Chief,” the security officer reported. “The bartender asked to settle the account and... He started smashing things.” He swallowed.

Corp opened the door and a bottle flew past him, impacting the wall. “I'll be back in a moment.” He stepped through the door.

Half the bar had been damaged in the Canine's rampage but the attacker stopped and looked at Corp as the chief's baton sparked and the door closed.

Great, Corp thought, guy's had too much. He sized him up. Much too much. And this guy isn't the type to snooze it off or go easily...Interested in a reasoned discussion, Crewman,” Corp asked, standing loosely.

Rargh!” The Canine replied, running at him.

Figured you'd say something like that.” Corp stepped aside and swung the baton as the Canine passed. The electric charge glowed wildly as the baton hit the back of the Canine's body, sending a stun charge into the crewman, who just growled loudly at the pain. “Right,” Corp said, shifting away from a wild swing, “knew it wouldn't be this simple.” He rode a punch to the gut and brought the baton across the assailant's muzzle, breaking teeth and sending spittle flying.

The second wild swipe caught him by surprise, scoring clawmarks onto his armour and taking him over one of the bolted down tables to impact on the floor. He pushed himself back up as the Canine came at him and, double-handedly, swung the baton high and hard up under the canine's muzzle with a jaw shattering impact that sent the attacker up into the air and crashing down to the floor to lie still.

Corp ran rudimentary checks on the Canine. He'd live but he'd need medical attention anyhow. Corp breathed a little heavily as he put his strongest cuffs on the Canine. He activated his communications system. “Chief Davidstow to Medical bay,” he said, “I have a medical pick up for you at the Black Hole bar. He's subdued. For delivery to the drunk tank after treatment.” Corp looked at his baton. It wasn't sparking any more. Because it was almost split in two, one end just dangling...
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Colorado had finally finished putting the diseases in their respective containers and sealed them away inside the vault. Stripping out of his hazmat suit and throwing into a disinfectant he steps into the shower, takes off his collar and turns it on, scrubbing himself of the rubber smell and any contamination that may still be there, whistling to himself.
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Ashleigh strolled over to Barry with a sly grin on her face.
"You saw chief pull out his shockstik huh? I don't drink, but I'd kill to visit the bar right now. To tell the truth, I'm more interested in seeing Corp pull off a few moves than watch golems shoot up some holographic targets. Good lord, it's only our first day and already we're seeing unrest and disruption among our fellow professional crew members. If this goes on, this job may turn out to be rather interesting after all..."