Non HPU:Chival Res OOC

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Re: Non HPU:Chival Res OOC

Post by Jacey »

Hey, he lost his job to mickey cheeses pizzeria. He used to be one of the entertainers at his job. People just don't want pirate themed burger restaurants.

Besides if you hate the villain. Then I am doing my job right.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

If this "attack" starts off with anything other than the victims laughing their lungs out, I will be SORELY disappointed.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Iron Panda wrote:Hey, he lost his job to mickey cheeses pizzeria. He used to be one of the entertainers at his job. People just don't want pirate themed burger restaurants.

Oh, I was just making a joke about how you said you want the villain to end restaurants... And one of my characters loves cooking and their owner is a sous chef for a restaurant... Villain was specifically geared towards me, paranoia, hehe...
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Civilization wrote:
Iron Panda wrote:Hey, he lost his job to mickey cheeses pizzeria. He used to be one of the entertainers at his job. People just don't want pirate themed burger restaurants.

Oh, I was just making a joke about how you said you want the villain to end restaurants... And one of my characters loves cooking and their owner is a sous chef for a restaurant... Villain was specifically geared towards me, paranoia, hehe...
Who said he wasn't going to also attack a few restaurants civil?
Legotron123 wrote:If this "attack" starts off with anything other than the victims laughing their lungs out, I will be SORELY disappointed.
I have a scene in mind where the hero and this villain both meet rather awkwardly. It should be a laugh for sure.
RP Characters:
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Iron Panda wrote:
Civilization wrote:

You monster! Hehe. He's mine, I'm dealing with him, he touches one chef and this gets personal.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
HoundInATree

Post by HoundInATree »

Civilization wrote:
Iron Panda wrote:
Civilization wrote: Oh, I was just making a joke about how you said you want the villain to end restaurants... And one of my characters loves cooking and their owner is a sous chef for a restaurant... Villain was specifically geared towards me, paranoia, hehe...
You monster! Hehe. He's mine, I'm dealing with him, he touches one chef and this gets personal.
As long as I get the paint-ball gun afterwards I'm happy.
My tree now has a café in it. Yay?
Hlaoroo wrote:In Soviet Russia, TreeInAHound!

RP Character(s)
Albert Grant, Sunset Plateau
Larkin Dewolfe, Chivalry Residences
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Wait a second... Elliot? Wasn't that the name of your character from Radient Gardens, 69?
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
69eist

Post by 69eist »

MrNeonShot wrote:Wait a second... Elliot? Wasn't that the name of your character from Radient Gardens, 69?
Richmond Acres to be exact. I recycled the name because I like it and I'm not looking to return to RA with my previous characters.
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

@Civilization, does it make you feel better that Dorian has stopped him (sort of) from terrorizing a restaurant in the past?
and I might just be evil enough to have him try to attack.
@hound; maybe your character can take a look at how its made.
RP Characters:
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

69eist wrote:
MrNeonShot wrote:Wait a second... Elliot? Wasn't that the name of your character from Radient Gardens, 69?
Richmond Acres to be exact. I recycled the name because I like it and I'm not looking to return to RA with my previous characters.
Oh yeah ^^ Gotcha
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
69eist

Post by 69eist »

MrNeonShot wrote:
69eist wrote:
Oh yeah ^^ Gotcha
For your reference, I'm recycling the name Faust as well.
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Well, this seems a good opportunity as any to confuse the heck out of Civ's ferrets.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
HoundInATree

Post by HoundInATree »

I'm so glad I never made it to the mall now. XD

RP Character(s)
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Buster wrote:Well, this seems a good opportunity as any to confuse the heck out of Civ's ferrets.
Yay!?
HoundInATree wrote:I'm so glad I never made it to the mall now. XD
What's funny, I never wanted to go to the mall either, I was hoping for one of those small grocery stores... Then i became a mall, heh, got to work with what you get eh, hehe...
69eist

Post by 69eist »

Wait, does this store have another entrance?
My Personas

Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Probably, given how Mall stores are they usually place extra entrances between the larger stores, and since 16 is a large (Clothing?) store there usually is a connection.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

there's two mall interior entrances, the bit that connects the parking garage, and big stores, of which the mall has 3, often have their own entrance opposite where they connect to a mall's interior...

so probably 6.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
69eist

Post by 69eist »

Which spot is albertsons?
My Personas

Civilization

Post by Civilization »

The lower right store with the...
And judging by how the exit directly to the left was where the fox was heading... I figured the thief was heading up to the cross halls.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Well, if i'm understanding the posts correctly, Civ anticipated his exit, and is cutting off the entrance between shops 22/24, i'm outside, and you guys are inside or near the street entrance to the albertsons, i'm not sure which. eityher way unless the thief wants to be boxed in he has to go north, but if someone circled around to the large clothing store (16) they could cut him off inside at that open space in the middle.
69eist

Post by 69eist »

This is the mask of the culprit
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (5.35 KiB) Viewed 18210 times
My Personas

Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Buster wrote:Well, if i'm understanding the posts correctly, Civ anticipated his exit, and is cutting off the entrance between shops 22/24, i'm outside, and you guys are inside or near the street entrance to the albertsons, i'm not sure which. eityher way unless the thief wants to be boxed in he has to go north, but if someone circled around to the large clothing store (16) they could cut him off inside at that open space in the middle.
Close, I was thinking the fox was in-between stores 22-24, and that the cats were in that hall, the thief was heading north, and that's where Yves was going up through 16 to cut him off at the cross-halls in-between 11, 15 ,18, and 27... Though I have no idea where everyone thinks their at so that's just what I was thinking, given where you placed everyone, that works too... So, we just going to go with whatever until we sort this out, or just don't cause too much would be put into this...

Or guess 69eist fixed that problem up nice...
HoundInATree

Post by HoundInATree »

Looks like we're getting our first Dice rolling.

RP Character(s)
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Yeah, I just need the right die to roll.
RP Characters:
Deske

Post by Deske »

How about this one?
https://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm

It's a dice roller I use for D&D sometimes. Range of dice including dx dice (ie, d82 or something absurd.)
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

that's actually pretty handy , thanks Deske
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Actually. It's more of waiting to see what number sided die 69 wants. But this is super helpful and I don't need to go look for dice. Thank you.
RP Characters:
HoundInATree

Post by HoundInATree »

/me pulls out a D1.
Iron Panda wrote:Actually. It's more of waiting to see what number sided die 69 wants. But this is super helpful and I don't need to go look for dice. Thank you.
Yeah, I think we my slow down a bit now.

RP Character(s)
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

I'm still trying to figure out how...
69eist wrote:The thief runs into store #27. Elliot tries to catch up but trips.
69eist wrote:The thief pops his head out of store #20, it then tries tip toeing to sneak past the pets.
The thief went into that store to come out of that store... Those secret things going on or something.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Is this mall built on Scooby Doo logic?
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Deske

Post by Deske »

IDEA

Roll a standard D10 + modifiers of Busters Character's Reflex vs Thiefs reflex + modifiers to dodge it.

Alternatively, roll it against a flat DC 5 since stats don't reach 20 here.

Balances it out enough since the highest allowed stat is 10. DC's / Checks will have to be arranged according to that.
Example
DC 1 - Easy - Throwing a twig, at all, almost always accomplishable.
DC 3 - Easyish - Throwing a rather large rock
DC 5 - Medium - Using a mid level ability based spell/action
DC 7 - Hard
DC 9 - Most Difficult
DC 10 - Nearly impossible
DC 12+ - Impossible under any circumstances that abide by the basic rules.

The first one is more chance, the second one just makes it easier since you don't really need to set up HEROICS for anyone the PC's face, you can just pick a DC and roll against it. Though for most fights and not just casual If/Then movements, the first one will probably be better. Back and Forths, villain has to roll vs the characters roll, a character with a DC of 12 for anything would be terrifying and while the first option leaves a technical DC of 12 possible, it's less likely to happen as the character would need to roll a 10 to get the +2 modifier. Flat DCs are better for reactions or actions that don't involve facing another creature, such as climbing a wall.

I dunno, it's not my game, but it feels like simplified D&D.
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Is this mall built on Scooby Doo logic?
Civilization wrote:I'm still trying to figure out how...
69eist wrote:The thief runs into store #27. Elliot tries to catch up but trips.
69eist wrote:The thief pops his head out of store #20, it then tries tip toeing to sneak past the pets.
The thief went into that store to come out of that store... Those secret things going on or something.
>IP/Drake shifts his eyes from side to side, silently drinking hot chocolate while thinking of an answer and trying to not be suspicious.
Heh, yeah sure. Scooby doo logic. I'm sure that's what's going on.

And we are trying to make a working system deske. So the suggestion is appreciated.
RP Characters:
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Deske wrote:Roll a standard D10 + modifiers of Busters Character's Reflex vs Thiefs reflex + modifiers to dodge it.
I don't think it should be reflex vs reflex though.

If you look at
H - Handling (The Dexterity stat. Can refer to power mastery or use of tools and weaponry)
E - Endurance (The Stamina stat. How well a pet can take physical or mental stress)
R - Reflex (The Reaction stat. The ability to respond to actions and acts as agility)
O - Observation (The Perception stat. How well one pays attention or notices things passively)
I - Intelligence (The Mind stat. Ability to recall, learn quick or think fast. May also be of high IQ)
C - Chance (The Fortune stat. Determines the luck of the characters)
S - Strength (The Power stat. Measures the physical, energy or power source of a character)
Handling (Aim) and strength (damage) are actions, Reflex (dodge) and endurance (block) are reactions.
The defender, whether player or AI should be reacting, not acting.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Okay, swap out a stat then. Again, not my game, I'm sure 69 can choose what he wants.
69eist

Post by 69eist »

By unanimous results, you skillfully accomplish knocking the thief prone.
My Personas

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

oh great... i'm fighting a freakin' nightcrawler clone. Wonderful. i am not built for that at all.
HoundInATree

Post by HoundInATree »

Oh, great, that means I'm not out of the 'danger' zone yet...

RP Character(s)
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Oh great, I just planned out a comedic moment for my character that takes place in a public restroom.
(This isn't meant to be mocking, I'm being silly and joining in on these posts that start with "oh great")

Hound, in a few posts, I don't think anyone will be out of the danger zone.
RP Characters:
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

and so, Chris's powers make an appearance.
can anyone find the small clues I hid in a couple posts?

(the first one was that the color I initially claimed for his text is called Deep Electric Blue... I didn't feel like typing a hex value every time so I actually used the closest forum default :P)
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
69eist

Post by 69eist »

Everyone is seriously getting unanimous results. If this keeps up, we will have to increase the difficulty.
My Personas