Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Deske

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by Deske »

Joy: Me and a few people made shirt designs for a favorite streamer of mine. Me and this guy are still awake and we were talking about the logistics of shipping and creation costs and everything. We made shirts and hoodies, it was great. We're really going to do this if enough people order them.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Douglas Collier wrote:To each other? Let us know when you get back to Earth. :)
Yes, to each other. :)
GameCobra wrote:Sorrow: Found out yesterday that someone in the family hurt themselves badly while on the job. fell from a high place during setup at a theater. Worried she maybe paralyzed. I hope she's ok :(
Uh oh. I have a family friend who's quadriplegic after falling off a roof so I know how hard it can be. I'll pray for the friend for you.
Douglas Collier wrote:Joy: Made it to Utah. Going to sleep in a real bed tonight. ^^
Yay!
Deske wrote:Joy: Me and a few people made shirt designs for a favorite streamer of mine. Me and this guy are still awake and we were talking about the logistics of shipping and creation costs and everything. We made shirts and hoodies, it was great. We're really going to do this if enough people order them.
What sort of designs? Just make sure if you're using that guy's art or characters or brand that you have his permission to do so before buying and selling the clothing. Otherwise you could get done for plagiarism.

Sorrow: My neighbour smokes and it drifts into my apartment so in effect I'm being forced to smoke twice daily. :(
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Deske

Post by Deske »

Well I me he did tell us that he was excited for this. We did go over a run down earlier this morning and we constantly were discussing it in his chat. He pretty much said it was okay.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Deske wrote:Well I me he did tell us that he was excited for this. We did go over a run down earlier this morning and we constantly were discussing it in his chat. He pretty much said it was okay.
I may not know the exact situation, but do exercise caution. Many well-meaning people have gotten into a lot of trouble because something was "pretty much okay".
Deske

Post by Deske »

Okay. I don't have an entire contract written up on this, but me and the other people who are setting this figuratively sat down on TeamSpeak and had a discussion over it. It's his design and his name and we made sure that it wouldn't be considered theft. There may be a few things we need to iron out more, but we haven't even started on production. We're still finalizing numbers and everything and the discussions about how everything is going to work are still ongoing. Now I understand, I too do not want to be sued for using his things, but we aren't even remotely close to selling anything yet, we're still getting all the details sorted out. But I'll ask and make sure that he, the owner and creator of the name and symbols, is okay with us using it. Though I do thank you for voicing concern, this is the first time I've done anything this big and I don't want to miss anything.
No, seriously, I don't want to miss anything and any advice or points brought up would be nice.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Sounds like you have it well in hand then, Deske. :) I'm glad and I wish you the best of luck with it. :)

Sorrow: I have three bills that all arrived at once. Ouch. My back pocket is going to feel this...
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Deske

Post by Deske »

It helps when it's not just you working on it alone :P

Sorrow: Came to school late, my class has disappeared...
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Deske wrote:Sorrow: Came to school late, my class has disappeared...
O.O Alien abduction?! O.O
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
Deske

Post by Deske »

I dunno...they were just gone. It was weird. I was only 7 minutes late to class too.
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Didn't you recently like, go to school on the wrong day or something? You sure you're not making the same mistake? :lol:
Deske

Post by Deske »

deepskycyan wrote:Didn't you recently like, go to school on the wrong day or something? You sure you're not making the same mistake? :lol:
It's a Thursday...uh...I went to the right class. Yeah, I'm pretty sure I came here on the right day... Pretty sure.
Whozjama

Post by Whozjama »

Deske wrote:
deepskycyan wrote:Didn't you recently like, go to school on the wrong day or something? You sure you're not making the same mistake? :lol:
It's a Thursday...uh...I went to the right class. Yeah, I'm pretty sure I came here on the right day... Pretty sure.
'Hey class let us all go for ice cream for no reason at all!'

Or, a more likely proposition is that if I use occam's razor, everyone's in the library. Or at the gymnasium for an assembly.

Joy: I can actually go outside without a sweater, oh spring how I've missed you. <3
All your acorns are belong to us.
Deske

Post by Deske »

They were neither in the library nor the gymnasium. I can only assume they were out looking at homes or something as the class was interior design.
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

I remember one time at my old school when I got to class a few minutes late, and I couldn't find anyone. They had just left. I walked all around the school, and after 15 minutes, I went to the office and told them I couldn't find my class, that was kind of awkward. I found out that they went to the art room at that point.

Joy: I am going camping this weekend, and we are having a Nerf battle. That should be fun.

Sorrow: Back to school on Monday when I come back, after a three week break. :(
Deske

Post by Deske »

dtlux1 wrote:Joy: I am going camping this weekend, and we are having a Nerf battle. That should be fun.(
I am the kind of person to fashion a shield out of cardboard, get the nerf swords and then pretend like I'm going to use them gun, then when you all start fighting I'm going to run out there berserker style and just smack you with a sword.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Deep Sorrow: Last call before my vacation started - I wiped someone's data from their computer without warning them about their data being lost. Already wiped the data and they were not happy to know it was wiped. common sense was lost to me that call and I have no idea why. Not a good start to my vacation. :'(

I learned a harsh lesson from this at least. I'm not going to make a mistake like that again. but I can't help but feel sorry for that customer.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: My procedure is done so I can eat food again!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Joy: got 20 free comics for Free Comic book Day. now I need to find time to read them.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Invisan

Post by Invisan »

Joy: I made a "Cup" Cake today (Cup cake cause all the ingredients are measured in cups) Normal cupcakes would be great too though ^^

Sorrow: The Vet had to put my cat to sleep today since she had another tumor at her kidney.
My Fan-Fic Fox goes to Heaven (again)

Well i have a furaffinity acc now so i can upload my Fanart somewhere else then imgur ^^ Come in and find out.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm really sorry for your loss. I know how it feels to have animals euthanized.
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

I'm so sorry, Invisan. *hugs*
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

I'm sorry to hear that Invisan.
Invisan

Post by Invisan »

Thanks guys. But well i guess it was bound to happen after they diagnosed the first tumor.
But well shes in a better place now hopefully. Im glad i shot a video of her when i visited my parents last week.

Well i have a furaffinity acc now so i can upload my Fanart somewhere else then imgur ^^ Come in and find out.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

sorrow : well there always was a stereotype about china making fake stuff , and now , they're making fake eggs as well , no not as toys or decoration , but as fake food to sell to unaware customer ! It's eggs ! How much profit do you make for faking eggs ?! What is this ? Is business like a game of limbo for these people ? "how low can you go" ? And they're even openly selling these eggs as well as the HOW-TO of making it . I don't even know what to say anymore . I hereby declare war upon china ! For the safety of omelet-lovers everywhere !
Joking aside though seriously , making fake eggs our of toxic chemicals just to triple the profit , urgh.....
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

China's production of fake eggs has been going on for a while now, and this isn't exactly news. But the fact that cases like these only surface once in a while shows China's competence at withholding information from the rest of the world. It's sad that even when the government and the majority of the citizens are aware of these happenings, not much is being done about it.

Given my position, I actually have a lot to say about China. But I'm not sure my opinions would be appropriate on the forum; maybe another time.

Joy: I think I did well on my chem assignment!
Sorrow: Exams! Yay!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

deepskycyan wrote:China's production of fake eggs has been going on for a while now, and this isn't exactly news. But the fact that cases like these only surface once in a while shows China's competence at withholding information from the rest of the world. It's sad that even when the government and the majority of the citizens are aware of these happenings, not much is being done about it.

Given my position, I actually have a lot to say about China. But I'm not sure my opinions would be appropriate on the forum; maybe another time.
The thing is they're selling these things into my country (wow , never thought I would ever say things like that) , and it will be my people who would fall victim , while others will probably see this as a chance to profit , and yes this time I'm only talking about the people within my country , because "yolo" .
And yeah , I think we do have quite a similar opinion about China , but yeah , let's not bring it up ^^"
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

Joy: 6th UMA in a row! :D

Sorrow: A freind died after a stroke yesterday. His funeral is today.
Hello, low order beings!

Community Involvement, peepoll!
Someone wise once wrote:I wish I could ride a magical girl's purple flying unicorn to Narnia through Lebouff's Shire, the land of trololol.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Joy: my holiday is next week! :D
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Invisan

Post by Invisan »

@GreatKitsune my deepest condolences. Worked in a hospital a few years ago for around a year and also was working at the stroke unit. Some people get back and some dont its always sad if you cant help the ones which suffer more than the others and especially if someone dies after / from a stroke.

Joy: My Wacom Intuos arrived to day. Now i only have to learn how to draw xD

Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Joy: The computer at the library is giving me more and more time, the usually limit is an hour, that was like half and hour ago, hehe, more time to spend on Housepets!
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Therolyn

Post by Therolyn »

@ GreatKitsune: I feel for you, losing someone is never easy to deal with.

Joy: The trip I made last weekend has really helped to take the edge of the stress of March and April.
Sorrow: I still have to deal with things now that I'm back. Mainly dealing with a task that tradesmen should of done over a month ago. Its also pushing me to have to change as well, the events of the last two or so months have shown the way I have lived in the last few years cannot continue.
Possible Joy/Sorrow?: It might be possible for me to buy a cheap house now, no more paying rent and i'll have a roof over my head I can call my own. There will be side-effects of such through. I'll have to be much tighter with money. Parts of my family have been quite supportive and willing to help me work out details so I can see if the possibility of such is feasible.
Werebilby For the Period of Easter - Please fellow Australians do not forget our little guy, the bilby
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: I saw my new baby cousin (actually my second cousin once removed) for the first time.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I'm very sorry for your respective losses, GK and Invisan. I know first-hand what it is to lose friends, pets and loved ones so if there's anything I can do to help you work through this or if you just need to talk or vent then please feel free to send me a message either here or via Skype at any time.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Invisan

Post by Invisan »

Joy: Found a new comic for me to read :3

More Joy: Actually in one Strip i found a char looking similar to Sasha ^^ http://www.brokenplotdevice.com/2011/06/06/artgasm/

dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

That does look like Sasha.

Joy: I am sitting at school getting ready for a trip to Washington DC. Should be fun, maybe I'll fill up the four hour bus ride by watching Markiplier or something, hope the bus has WiFi so I don't have to use my data.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Joy: Another of my friends just got engaged! :D

Sorrow: Makes me lonely since I barely have friends, let alone a partner.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Invisan

Post by Invisan »

@Hlaoroo oh congratz to them. Seems its spreading like a virus where you live ^^

As for the sorrow part i can feel you there. Had my first and last Girlfriend when i was 18 to 19 so around 7 Years have passed since she dumped me. Since i have problems trusting other people when it comes to intimate things such as relationships i havent had a new girlfriend yet and am still waiting for the right girl to show up and overwhelm me. A thing which differs from most of my friends is that i wont jump right into a new relationship since i dont search for something short termed. Im mainly watching and evaluating to see if the relationship with the person in mind could last at least. But well i guess sooner or later i will find someone. At least i hope so since its really boring to always be the one without a gf when everyone around me is happy together. And to be always the fifth wheel is kinda bugging me.

But well im used to it ^^

Sorrow: Im stuck at work almost two more hours and its sooooo boring i wish i could go home and do something productive >.<

deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

dtlux1 wrote:the bus has WiFi so I don't have to use my data.
Wait what holy carp buses with wifi is this a thing?
Why don't I have this.
Invisan

Post by Invisan »

deepskycyan wrote:
dtlux1 wrote:the bus has WiFi so I don't have to use my data.
Wait what holy carp buses with wifi is this a thing?
Why don't I have this.

Maybe because the Land of eternal candy has neither buses nor traffic jams? So you wouldnt need busses with wifi? (Even though everything is better with wifi like everything is better with bacon *nod* *nod* )

Deske

Post by Deske »

Sorrow: Why is choosing a branch of the military to dedicate an amount of my life too so difficult.

Joy: I think I passed my math final
Joy: School is almost over, just 1.25 more weeks to go
Last edited by Deske on Wed May 06, 2015 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.