The Review Game

For playing all sorts of silly I-don't-know-whats

Moderators: Render, ArcWolf

Agent Sandwich

Re: The Review Game

Post by Agent Sandwich »

80/100 Nice song to listen to when one needs to relax. But the sudden changes took me by surprise!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GuX-F08fwI - Can't stop listening to and singing or playing this song on the violin/guitar
Yes, I support catlovers! You got a problem mate?

Thank you Housepets! Forum. I've accepted myself.
Onlythebassist

Post by Onlythebassist »

Sounds really gentle and soothing, which makes a change from the heavy bubblegum stuff I listen to. Melodic verses sound effective and the purposeful chorus makes the song amazing. Just started to break into a riff which was a suprise but a nice one at that! Slow guitar and strong drums are key components to bringing the song to a close; all sounds rather excellent to me!

Rating - 92/100

My piece of choice... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bomv-6CJSfM
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

I remember this song, did not know they made it though. My favorite part is the beat when they say "Shock me all night long". No idea what it is about because I tend to overlook meaning when it is in music.
83/100

Disgaea (Kurtis' Theme Song)
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Love the intro, and the vocallist sounds just how I like it! Kinda sounds like something out of WarioWare, and I really liked it! I like the sound of all the instruments combined. In sterio, it just sounded brilliant (1 key fact about me, is I love sterio!). Really impressed, and I can;t think of any way it could've improved.

100/100. I'm not going to listen to it much, but I really enjoyed it. For what it's trying to do, it's over-acheived. I'll give it that!

into the night - Santana
FlintTheSquirrel

Aaron, out of unfortunate circumstances, I can not veiw your video. It says it is no longer available in America. ;_;
0/100 because it does not work.

Disgaea 2 (White Tiger)
Sorry Aaron. :(
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

I liked the sound again, but not quite as fond on vocals this time (I have no idea what my tastes are...but I know what I like). The theme was somethign I oddly thought I'd enjoy more. About halfway through the song, I liked that mellow part a lot.

80/100 (maybe next time, guitar guy!)

Blue dragon boss theme. (You don't have to listen to all 8 mins. It's slightly repetitive, but I love it anyway.)

(Edit: Nevermind, the song repeats after 4)
FlintTheSquirrel

That did not sound like what I remember from the show. :| Ahh well, it was pretty good but a little to up beat for my tastes. I'll give it a 75/100.

Sing us a song, your the Piano Man.....
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

here's an ode to a spiderman...I mean...that's all I can think of listening to this song. Love the sound of this soung though. Piano is great. Harmonicca fits perfectly. Vocals sound quite perfect.

100/100 (yes, anything that I can't find any improvements on get 100)

yeah...ode to a superhero
FlintTheSquirrel

Well since it is a parody of a song I already loved, I will give it a 100/100. Weird Al does everything.

Nintendo World Cup (Match Music 6) I loved this game and I love its music. NES makes such great simple things.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

I wasn't as fond on this 1 to be honest. Not sure why though. It was still upbeat, and not repetitive. Maybe It was just more primitive then what you showed me before. I liked it, but have prefered all your other choices.

60/100

I liked this song in all aspects. Aso, I couldn't help but admit to agree with him with almost everything. :D

(Oh suger, song contain swearng...should've listeed t it again before posting...)
FlintTheSquirrel

It is true that the better items are in last place and the blue shells are the epidamy of evil. But do you really hate the game? D:
75/100 He used word play and sang about the faults of the game, but as well as some good.

I am going to have to lower your standards again. >_> Super Dodge Ball (USSR Theme)
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

I really liked that one. Reminded me of Metroid for some reason. Very upbeat, and I liked it a lot! Not sure what it is I like about those 8-bit, 16-bit songs. I'll besure to tell you when I realise it though.

85/100

What they should've used for their theme tune... :evil: (Yeah...I really like this one. Why did they choose the other one? This is so much better!)
FlintTheSquirrel

I have a complete bias toward Power Rangers sadly. I remember seeing it a few times back at my friends house in VA because he was 4 or 5 years younger then me. I always thought it looked like DBZ but less interesting. I have however heard of a song sort of like it, first thing that comes to mind is Bayblades. 52/100

I changed my video. This one is about politics but please overlook that. 2008 Election Song. Warning: Has a curse word and is about politics.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

I...actually felt really sad at the end of at song. I can't say I don't find the animation amazing, and the theme to be catchy though. But when they all were still so happy during what should be sad, it got under my scin. I haven't felt hat way since the first tme I saw 'the ultimate showdown'.

60/100

I felt incredily sad after the end of the chosen comander quest. I think this song helped.
FlintTheSquirrel

Sorry about the politics. D; Curse you reality!
Sadly I have not done this quest yet, I was never big on questing in RS because I always forgot a vital item and had to go all the way back. It sounds like an emotional part of the story. I really wish I could get into questing, I am probably missing out a lot.
80/100

This is their most popular song. And also one of the most difficult fights. Maybe second to Nomad.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

(politics is nothing)(Also, I've never gotten so sad by any other video game. If you don't want spoliers, I won't say...but I will say it was very sad.)

So, yeah. That is a good 1. They seemed to have put a lot of work in it! Very catchy, for prepareing for an awesome battle! I didn't feel that repetitive feeling, and overall really enjoyed it!

90/100

Okay...imagine listening to this after waking up...only a few hours after a huge batle has happened. A great city...destroyed. No human left alive. If you weren't knocked out...could you have done anything to save this city? (you normally only hear the first part of the song. The other parts are Easter eggs around the dead city...)
FlintTheSquirrel

The first part aggravated me because I never liked the city. I always just wanted to go on with the action, not find my way around a confusing waist-land. The audio logs did not make it any bit more enjoyable, since I had to get them 3 times........ The other parts were different but not very emotional because they tended to only use one or 2 instruments.
40/100 Because of bad memories.

Over The Hedge (Rockin' The Suburbs)
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Hey! Guiitar! Drums! Kazoo sounding thing! Clean vocals! Catchy theme! I don't know what to say. I really like this song. Nice sound (reminds me of Blink-182)somewhat! Hey! Comedy as well! Awesome, hehe! Okay, I really like this song. Enough said really. I can't think o any impovements.

100/100!

How 'bout some Blink 182? (contains mild nudity...I guess)
FlintTheSquirrel

I always overlook the words in music and just listen to the sound, so I have no idea what it was about. It had a pretty good beat to it so I will give it a 85/100.

Over The Hedge (Still) I really loved that movie, has such great and emotional music.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

I like piano/keybourd. This is no exception. I enjoy the intro. It's quite calming. Slightly sad though. Suddenly "la la. la la...". By far the best part of the song. I'm finding it quite hard to believe ths was in the soundtrack for 'over the headge' ;) . I really like the outro, hehe, because I like instrumentals like that. :D

90/100

Frame of mind. I'd prefer you watch the video this time as well. It fits pefectly.
FlintTheSquirrel

Your struck through those boring info screens and broke through reality. :0 That does match the songs name quite perfectly I must say. It was pretty boring without the color anyways. 90/100 Because of good presentation.

Legend of Mana (Song of Mana (Ending Theme)) I promise that it gets better after the first minute.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

I like this music, although I can't say I really like it. The singer is excellent, and the music sounds nice as well. I honestly don't know what to say more about this song. Ohh, it had a 'only singer' part, or whatever it's called! Nice! That raises up points. I love when songs do that! Also, a nice awesome ending! I'm liking the sound there, in paricular the flute.

80/100

You know. I like this song. It works well in a lot of places.

only look if the video doesn't play - Matchbox Twenty - How Far We've Come
Last edited by 44R0NM10 on Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FlintTheSquirrel

At first, the movie made me think of that terrible 2012 movie, but then I looked at the visuals and it had pretty good special effects. I have got to say though that the boy blocking a tank......... :|

85/100

Bleach Intro #2 I know this was probably a boring choice, but I have no ideas at the moment.
Medli

Post by Medli »

<+Vaddie> ... WHY AM I A GIRL ON FIRE WEARING 30 PAIRS OF PANTS ALL OF A SUDDEN
* +SickDynar is like the fountain of youth, except with drool instead of youth.
Aah, I LOVE quotes :3
FlintTheSquirrel

100/100 Harmonious emotion music. Those are my favorite type. Way to go. :D Never seen Wolf's Rain however.

Now back to old music none of you will understand the joy of.

Quest 64! (Battle theme)

Fun Fact: This theme gets hammered for sounding to much like the FF7 Battle Theme. However, Quest 64 was the first one to be released in the US.
TurtleCopter
Location: 1 mile away from "I'll never do anything that stupid again"

Post by TurtleCopter »

91/100

I love old school music. i also like anything with a catchy beat, but i also like The music shown here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrWgcSi5ACo

Don't bother Trying to name them all (cuz the annotations do that). just sit back and UNCEUNCEUNCEUNCE. you may recognize some pieces used.
It's harder to be yourself than it is to be anybody else.
FlintTheSquirrel

I have already heard a Auto-matic mario of this song, so I can quickly respond and say that I really liked it. Was either 1 or 2 days since the last time I listened to it. 95/100 It is very lively. :)

Mario RPG (Culex Battle) Good luck with that. :lol:
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

That reminded me of Castlevania. Probably because of the 2 seperate cool tunes happening at once. Not too similar though. Very catchy, and works for a boss battle well. Sounded really nice, and wasn't the same throughout! Awesome. I enjoyed listening to the entire thing, but it's a shame that the song doesn't have a proper end.

90/100. If only it had an awesome ending.

Iron Maiden - The number of the beast (I don't think we've had any metal for awhile)
FlintTheSquirrel

Not really my type of music, that was the first I have heard of that one, yet it sounds like it was very old. The animations were bad, but I like bad animations like that so I actually give points on that.
72/100

I have the best follow up music to that. 8-)
McDonald's Treasure Land Adventure (Magical Sunken Ship)
This was back in the days where advertisement games were actually GOOD.
TurtleCopter
Location: 1 mile away from "I'll never do anything that stupid again"

Post by TurtleCopter »

90/100

Tis be awesome 8-bit.

I gurantee you'll UNCEUNCEUNCEUNCE Everytime.

The song basically makes fun of the Most annoying sound in the world. it is really epic and even got a place in 100 more ways to die in Gmod.
It's harder to be yourself than it is to be anybody else.
FlintTheSquirrel

I don't really get it, that sound only appeared 3 times in very short moments. Don't get me wrong, it was good, I like techno, but I just don't get the joke.
89/100

Cool Spot (Genesis) (Bonus Stage / Rave Dance Tune)
Fun Fact: This is another very successful advertisement game. The origin of this character is quite funny though. Try and find him in this picture. XD.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Very hip, and I found it easy to get into. It's a shame how it seems to just repete while adding a differant sound. Oh, wait. A cool more techno-ish bit. Sounds cool, but it's still very much the same. Other then, same as I'vealready said.

I give it 70/100 because it's game music, and still very catchy.

Wait until he starts playing...
FlintTheSquirrel

He has talent in a bass, but I really don't know how good that is compared to others, since I have never heard any other solo's.

72/100

.hack//GU (Double Prayer) It is this one that made me turn regal in attitude. Also inspired the Fan Fiction character I made.
Enty

Post by Enty »

75/100

Passable as battle songs go. Otherwise, all the same. Next.

I'm gonna go against the grain and post something that's not game music. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5Y923eHrr4
This is not a signature.
FlintTheSquirrel

More or less my type of music, yet that time the clapping sort of became apparent to me.

90/100 To escape my unfair judging of it.

Earthbound (Kraken Of The Sea)
You are wrong Enty, it is actually only me who is doing this. I think I might need to start making rules for myself on posting here as I did on the Another Game.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

I remember that boss! Talk about weird. I couldn't get into any of this game's music. Still, the mysterious vives gives me chills. I can't I love it, but I like it. The sounds are all so nice though, even if I prefer the parts with 2 layers.

85/100

You know...I'm gonna post some Halo music again. Link! Short & sweet...in all the halo games made by Bugie.
FlintTheSquirrel

I like calm music with mystifying sounds such as that. I don't even recall hearing that one.

90/100 Short but sweet.

Brave Fencer Musashi (Far Into the Sky) I love playing games that near to no one has ever heard of, I take much pride in it.........
*Goes off to things to be proud of thread*
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

75|100

I don't exactly like it all that much, but I feel like I'd be unfair if I didn't realize the quality of the music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDLHqUA1aeU&list=SL (make sure you watch part to as well, which should pop up if you wait)

what what? Jolly good time.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

I really, really liked part 2. Something about Tuba's dad made me laugh quite a bit. That and the "it's just a moving tree" got to me. Other then that...What an interessting drawing style. I liked it, although it was a bit too silly for me. Nice video, although I'll always prefer the epic crime-fighting superheroes. I understand why some people will really like it.

87/100

One of the verses depressed me a little. What do you guys think?
FlintTheSquirrel

That song was sorta depressing at some parts true. But it did clear up and make amend on the second half. All in all it was a pretty good and deserves a high score.

92/100