Let's talk about Keene! (And sure the other little guys as well)

Discuss the comic here
GingaDensetsuAleu

Let's talk about Keene! (And sure the other little guys as well)

Post by GingaDensetsuAleu »

On my first read through I was a little surprised when Keene ended up getting a boyfriend but then I reread through the comic and every time I see this page and wonder why I was surprised.
Like how did I NOT realize this man (Ferret, whatever) was gay?
This should have been, like, the LEAST surprising thing in the history of surprising things.

More importantly does it bother anybody else that Negabreels' tongue is still blue and his teeth are still black?
Quotidie apud comicos novas fascias deprimo, quotidieque tristis sum.
Amazee Dayzee

Re: Let's talk about Keene! (And sure the other little guys as well)

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I just hand wave that part about Negabreel away by saying he's the worst qualities of Breel so he would look bad and that is why his teeth and tongue are still the same as before. The terrible traits that you show people is what ends up making you look horrible to other people after all.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Not really. Dental hygenie for the resident population is probably not a priority for the Infernal management structure. That said, Eudoant does seem to have enjoyed from good dentistry; maybe Pandemonium has a comprehensive care program for the staff and employees.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

My headcanon on everything is that the demons and everybody else down there look the way they are supposed to because that is how they were created and their looks need to strike fear into the hearts of anybody condemned down there. Since it seems that the worst qualities of people are also banished there they will also look very hellish and wicked.
GingaDensetsuAleu

But Negabreel's not a demon anymore. He should have at least gotten white teeth and a red tongue with his mortal body.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Maybe it's because even though he is now a mortal he wasn't actually born on Earth and still has some Infernal characteristics. After all if you weren't born and just created out of negative characteristics I doubt you will look normal.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Perhaps infernal Dental Insurance doesn't cover tooth transformation if you're reconfigured as a mortal being.
GingaDensetsuAleu

Maybe it's because a red tongue and white teeth would clash with the purple fur.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Usually the most simplest explanation is the truth behind something I find. I am sure that Enby secretly is very fashion-conscious. :)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Wonder if any of the other ferrets will return? They were a wondefully anarchical crew.
GingaDensetsuAleu

We mostly see Keene, but Rock and Pit make frequent appearances. Oddly, we don't see much of Lana, even though she's pretty much taken over the estate. I'd like to see them go on an accidental adventure together, such as a shipwreck that leaves them missing presumed dead Gilligan's Island style, MOSTLY because I'm like 90% sure that the estate would default to King in such an occasion as all the ferrets were to be gone, and 100% sure that King would NOT handle that kind of stress well. I want the whole arc to focus on the ferrets trying to survive while their yacht sits on the beach and one of them continually makes doomed escape attempts, and then at the end they walk into the manor to find King just absolutely PANICKING over a pile of paperwork because nobody told him they got found and he thinks he has to maintain their fortune.

Mostly I wanna see the ferrets learn how to live like normal people and then IMMEDIATELY forget the moral they learned as soon as they get home.