Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

HiraokaNettoMichio

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by HiraokaNettoMichio »

Joy: After a day out in town, Mom and I got some Taco Bell and in spite of the jacked up prices, they improved quite a lot.

What happened to make them improve their recipes and formulas? Is it because of that fanfic I write to try and get into the habit? the house of the Taco Bell Chihuahua must have taken the Permaberry Corgi's criticism to heart.
Friend me on steam for a friendly game of whichever.

Steam Name: Hiraoka Netto Michio
(Username: James77358)
Steam Friend code: 51949146
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Glad your mom, liked the tulips you got her Dayzee, happy belated birthday to her.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Happy Birthday to your mom, Dayzee.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Sorrow: My desktop has gone bonkers. So I had to go through all the monumental oogah-shukkah with Best Buy to get an appointment to bring it in on Monday. All wonderful customer-surly innovations designed to proetct staff from personal contact with customers and clients. I'll bet two dollars against a mouldy donut that, when I bring the wretched mechanism in, something will have cancelled that appointment.

Joy: tomorrow's Sunday and we'll be going to Buffalo on Thursday to sponge off our rich younger daughter, the dear girl. ;)
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Yeesh: My ex-boss totaled another vehicle thus bringing his totaled vehicle count up to four in the past five years. He then borrowed an employee’s car(who was unaware he totaled his car) and kept her two hours past her quitting time because he fell asleep at home. Oh, and his fifteen year old daughter was arrested for drink driving.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY again, trek ... and, for your birthday, maybe you should get yourself a new job ! (How does this guy afford car insurance? Or bail?) ;)
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Thanks Weston, I did get another job thankfully, but since my old job was at the local market, I got to hear all about his escapades. He’s also bounced multiple paychecks and can’t understand why people are leaving his employ.
Just Yeesh.

On a happier note, there were some breaks in the rain today so I was able to get in a walk.

HiraokaNettoMichio

What kind of dummy would crash vehicles and have a daughter who is clearly too young to drink getting hammered and totaling vehicles?

All I can think of in a mental image regarding your former boss is the crash dummy.

trekkie

Post by trekkie »

He has terrible credit, and so has to drive all over creation buying stuff with cash, and is constantly tired, which can obviously be quite dangerous when a person is driving. I will say, from what I heard, in fairness to him, he was out of town visiting his mom when his daughter was arrested. And apparently it was someone else’s car and party. But, he not good with common sense.

NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

trekkie wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:18 pm He has terrible credit, and so has to drive all over creation buying stuff with cash, and is constantly tired, which can obviously be quite dangerous when a person is driving. I will say, from what I heard, in fairness to him, he was out of town visiting his mom when his daughter was arrested. And apparently it was someone else’s car and party. But, he not good with common sense.
If I'm not prying, trek, what does this gentleman do for a living? You're also very right about drowsy driving - statistics indicate it's a major cause of traffic accidents.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

NHWestoN wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:05 pm
trekkie wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:18 pm He has terrible credit, and so has to drive all over creation buying stuff with cash, and is constantly tired, which can obviously be quite dangerous when a person is driving. I will say, from what I heard, in fairness to him, he was out of town visiting his mom when his daughter was arrested. And apparently it was someone else’s car and party. But, he not good with common sense.
If I'm not prying, trek, what does this gentleman do for a living? You're also very right about drowsy driving - statistics indicate it's a major cause of traffic accidents.
He’s the proprietor of our local market. He isn’t a bad guy but he’s 52 and still thinks he’s 20.

NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

trekkie wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:20 pm
NHWestoN wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:05 pm
He’s the proprietor of our local market. He isn’t a bad guy but he’s 52 and still thinks he’s 20.
Sad ... and disturbing. I'm glad you moved on safely.
HiraokaNettoMichio

Decided to start over with the writing of Chaos Fight, since I overwritten the data on my Raspberry Pi that I was writing the fic on.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: Now that Lent is over because Easter has passed i can now eat hamburgers on Friday again! :D
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Life's little ironies - we became fulltime vegetarians on Easter thirty years ago. Our cat, Peaches, also delivered six kittens that same day. Funny, wonderful sort of day, Easter. ;)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Sadly, our "once-in-a-lifetime-Eclipse-Experience" was pretty much a bust. The clouds stayed pretty thick so we only got a couple of glimpses of the covering (and, of course, did experience the blackout phase).

Like Red Sox fans say, "Some you win, some you get rained out, and some you flat fudgin' LOSE!!"

Still, we've had a good time with the youngest daughter (42 years of age) and her husband, seen some of the local animal shelters (a passion she inherited from her ol'man), and enjoyed cruising western New York.

Best to all who did get the show.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: I have had this ocular headache for the past 3 days and I can't get rid of it. I have been popping Ibuprofen because I'm afraid of accidentally overdosing in Tylenol which is a VERY gruesome and painful death.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Yow! No third options, Amazz?
HiraokaNettoMichio

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:33 pm Sorrow: I have had this ocular headache for the past 3 days and I can't get rid of it. I have been popping Ibuprofen because I'm afraid of accidentally overdosing in Tylenol which is a VERY gruesome and painful death.
You need to see a doctor for that.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: My headache is FINALLY clearing up.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Just watched X-Men '97 episode 5. Brilliant but man, it's a gut wrencher. And that's before the final third of the episode... You've been warned.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: I am really tired and groggy after work and i don't know why as I am never like this after work. I was fine driving home until I got into my neighborhood then I just got so drained when I headed towards my house and could barely change up when I got in.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Joy: Me and the missus got home safely after a wonderful visit with our daughter Eleanor.
Sorrow: Now we have to deal with one of our trees that had a major limb break off during the big storm on April 2nd and landed heavily in two of our neighbor's yards.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Sorrow: Discovered some damage to a gutter so we're now looking for a carpenter. The early April storm did some real damage to roads, houses, and trees along the New England seacoast so finding help's a matter of getting line.

... but ... couldah been worse, eh?