Grape's past

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

Alex

Grape's past

Post by Alex »

Well, I've been thinking a lot about that since I saw this comic. Abandoned... again? And when I read both of Sinder's awesome stories, I noticed that he mentions Grape's past.. as a stray cat. Since I'm an insomniac, I thought about it a lot yesterday while I was trying to sleep. Grape had a family before, but they abandoned her. So what happened to her after that? Well, since this is a fanfiction forum, I think I just might post the story I came up with yesterday.

Oh yeah, be warned: My writing style is horrible. I may have read a lot of books, but none of them were on English, so yeah.... I hope you like the story itself, though. Don't pay much attention to the style (since there's no actual style).

(Oh yeah, if your username is Ebly and you're reading this, stop. I'm on these forums for 2 days and I know that you are Grape's biggest fan. The story sucks anyway :?)

==================================================================================

GRAPE'S PAST

It was evening. The living room was dark and no-one was in there. Well, no-one except her. A purple-furred cat was taking a nap in the armchair. The traffic sounds from outside were really loud, and the cat found herself tossing around in the armchair, unable to fall asleep. She was living with her family in the centre of the city, and as she grew up, she found herself hating that. She was one and a half years old. Still young... very young.

*Slam!*

She turned her head fast to see the her dad entering the apartment, angry. She was used to his anger, sadly.

"Princess, you're taking a nap again?! You're so useless! Just taking naps and eating! We shouldn't even give you any food!"- shouted her dad at her.

"I'm... I'm sorry, daddy."- replied Princess in a quiet voice.

"Sorry won't do it! Get out of the living room, I want to rest!"

He didn't have to tell her twice. She was more than happy to leave the room, although she'd never tell him that in the face. She feared him.

Princess went into the kitchen. She wanted to see her mum, but she wasn't there, so she decided to go into her room and go to bed.

Princess Periwinkle has lived here since she was born. The family she lived with was poor, and her mum is unemployed, while her dad works as a janitor in a school. He's working 10 hours every day, and his job is very hard and stressful. They didn't have any real children, and Princess was sure that she wouldn't live here either if it wasn't for her mom. As she overheard some conversations, she found out that back then her mom was in desperate need of a child, but since they were afraid to get one, they got a pet instead. Princess wasn't very happy in her life. Most of the day she was alone, and she didn't have any friends. In fact, there weren't any other pets in the neighborhood. The only entertainment she had was reading. She was taught how to read when she was still a kitten. She once asked her parents to get another pet from the shelter, but instead of an answer, she got a slap in the face by her dad. She thought about it a lot while she was in bed. Why didn't he just say "no"? What made him slap her so hard? A lot was on her mind currently... but she was most of the time thinking about a friend... she wished for a friend... and then, the door opened, and lots of cats entered her room. hundreds of them, even thousands! They raised her from her bed and they were singing for her. Until....

"Princess, wake up! I have to... take you to a place."

Princess heard that voice from the living room. She opened her eyes and looked around. The sun was already high on the sky, and her room was bathing in its shine. There were no signs of other pets in the room... just her, alone.

"Please Princess, hurry..."- said the voice while she was rubbing her eyes. She got up, stretched her paws, and walked to the living room. Her mom was standing at the door, all dressed up. She was holding a letter in one hand, and the car keys in the other.

"Finally, you're up. Now come... go into the car. I parked it in front of the building." Princess noticed some kind of sadness in her voice, but she was too confused to ask about it, since she just woke up. Maybe she even imagined it. Just as her mom ordered, she opened the door and left the apartment. Soon enough, she entered the green, dirty car that belonged to her mom. It was a rarity to leave the apartment for her, yet to go somewhere with her mom. Soon, her mom stepped in the car, and turned it on, without saying a word or even looking at Princess. When she started driving, Princess was shaking out of curiosity. Maybe they have a surprise for her and are acting like they're not noticing her? The city they lived in was big, with many streets, shops, houses, buildings, and whatever not. After more than 1 hour of driving through the city, the car finally stopped.

"Princess, leave the car"- said her mom. She opened the door and stepped outside.
"Where are we, mommy?"
"Now listen, Princess. I want you to wait here for mommy. Mommy will be back soon, okay?"
"Okay, mommy". After that, her mom was silent for a minute. Then she started the car, and drove away. But when the car left, Princess noticed something white lying on the street. Upon further inspection, she figured that it's the letter that her mom was holding in her hands in the apartment. She picked it up from the street, and decided that she'll give it back to her mom when she returns.

After some time passed, she was bored of waiting, and looked around. The place she was at was dirty, and there was trash everywhere. She was surrounded by some buildings with 1-3 floors, but most of them were unfinished with no or broken windows. This was definitely not a place where people live. Now she was scared. Why would her mom bring her to such a place and then leave? "It's okay..." she said to herself. "Mom said that she'll be back. I'll just sit on the sidewalk while I wait for her". While she was sitting, she dropped the letter. When she reached her hand to pick it up, she saw the following written on it: "For Princess Periwinkle". "Mom left this for me!" thought Princess. In a swift move, she teared the envelope and pulled out a piece of paper out of it. It said: "I'm sorry, Princess". She recognized the handwriting of her mother.

Princess had no idea what it meant. She sat there and thought why her mom would apologize to her..... "Oh, I'll ask her when she comes ba-".... and then she realized. Nobody's coming back for her! The sad face, the long ride, and now this! She was......... abandoned! Dumped! Thrown away like a piece of trash. Once she realized this, tears came to her eyes. She covered them with her paws and buried her head in her legs. Abandoned, dumped...... alone.......... these thoughts were covering her mind, and every time one of these words was shouted loud in her mind, her crying would become stronger.

After a long time, and a lot of tears spilled, she suddenly realized another problem: Hunger. She lifted her head up, and pressed her paws against her belly. It was aching. With one look around, she realized that there's nothing eatable here. But she had to eat something. She stood up, and crossed the street with tears still in here eyes. She entered the street between two buildings. There was nothing there, except 2 really dirty trash bins and trash on the street itself. Mostly old, empty tuna cans. "I have to find a civilized part of the city. Maybe I can find some food there." thought Princess. She tried to remember all the roads her mom drove through to bring her to this rotten place... and she remembered a street full of traffic and people not far from here! Princess started running to that street, although her hunger wasn't allowing that. After just some seconds of running, she stopped, grasping for air. Her stomach gave out a loud sound, and started aching even harder. She pressed her paws again against in, in a hope to calm the pain, but without any results. While falling to her kneels, she started crying again.

"I have to continue walking..." thought Princess. "Dad always said that crying won't solve any problems...". She stood up and walked slowly. She didn't even pay attention to where she was walking, she was just walking. With tears in her eyes, and a lot of things on her mind, she didn't even notice when she entered a street with people walking around, and cars passing by. When she turned around, she noticed that she came out of a dirty side-street, between 2 buildings similar to the ones that were surrounding her where her mom left her. But that wasn't important. The important thing was to find...... "Food!" thought Princess when she smelled something warm and delicious. She turned her head to the source of the smell, and saw a young man walking down the street while eating something..... something that looked like a hot dog!

Her stomach was aching so hard that she couldn't run, but when she saw the hot dog, she just had to. In a couple of swift steps she found herself in front of the man.

"Get out of the way, stupid cat!" said the man without looking at her face.
"Please... sir...... can I have just one bite of your hot-dog?" replied Princess. The man stopped and looked at her. "What was that? Didn't I tell you to MOVE?!"
"But please.... I'm so hungry" cried Princess. What came was unexpected. The man swung his foot and hit her with all his power in the stomach, tossing her around 3 feet behind! She fell on her back on the hard concrete! That was probably the worst pain she ever felt in her life. She barely had the strength to stand up, and when she did, the same man walked beside her and said: "I told you to move". Princess turned to see his back getting smaller and smaller, and she fell on her knees once again, while reaching her paw to the man, trying to grab a hot-dog that was now at least 20 feet away from her. Once she realized what she's doing, she dropped her paw and started crying again. It was so horrible, but nobody looked like they care. Nobody even looked at her. All the people just continued walking like nothing happened.

Princess stood up. She had to find food, quickly. Memories came back to her: Her mom was throwing away some meat because it got bad... throwing away....
"Trash!" thought Princess. "Maybe I can find some food in the... trashcans". Alone the thought of her searching for food in the trash made her even sadder than she was right now. But she just had to do it. She saw a trash can right behind her. She turned around, and looked in it. On the first look, there was nothing eatable in it. It was mostly filled with plastic bottles, cans, packages of sweets and crisps.... but then she saw it. An old tuna-can, half-full. Princess pulled it out of the bin and looked at it. One of the fishes was half-eaten, but the others were whole. She took one out and hungrily moved it to her mouth. But then she stopped- the smell was awful....... it was definitely rotten! She didn't even know how long it was in the bin. Upon closer inspection, she noticed that some parts of the fish were musty. "I can't eat this!" was the first thought that came to her mind. But then again, her stomach wasn't agreeing with her. Slowly, she closed her eyes, covered her nose with one of her paws, and then she ate the whole tuna. The taste was horrible, even with her nose covered. After she swallowed the last piece, she spit on the ground to try and get rid of the taste. But her breath was smelling even worse, and she couldn't get rid of that. At least it was a good feeling to have something in the stomach.

Night was close. Princess had to find a shelter. What if it starts raining? She looked around, but the only possibility she discovered was to stay under the roof of a nearby building. Luckily, the roof was large, so she had approximately 5 feet of space between the end of the roof and the building. She decided to spend the night pressed against the wall under the roof. Once she laid down, she started thinking........ why would her parents abandon her? What will happen to her? Will she survive? Will she ever find a friend? A family? As she thought about her current situation, tears came again to her eye, and she cried herself to sleep.

She woke up later. Actually, her stomachache woke her up. Her stomach was aching more than ever. "It must be because of the tuna" thought Princess while she pressed her paws against her stomach. She was in such a pain... and the thought of the tuna made her sick, too. Once she exhaled, it was enough. She turned to the site and threw up all the tuna she ate. She coughed and choked, and rolled away, still in pain. She was exhausted. The pain, the throwing up, the hunger... she was asleep fast.

"Hey... hey Crusher, come here!"
"What? I can't right now!"
Princess heard those voices somewhere in the distance... or were they really so far away? She opened her eye, and saw 2 paws in front of her face. She backed away and looked up. A dark-gray dog was standing in front of her. He wasn't looking at Princess, but it was because he was talking to somebody who was behind her. Slowly, she turned around.... she saw a brown dog, bigger than the gray one, and one look at his paws was more than enough to scare Princess. He was very strong-muscled. He was looking at the gray dog, and while inspecting his face, Princess saw something sticking out of his mouth.

"Throw that f***ing anise away and get over here! I found something!" shouted the gray dog. Once he said that, he looked down, and his mouth turned into an evil grin.

"Oh... you're awake. Good morning." said the gray dog. "Crusher, come here NOW!!!" Soon after, the brown, big dog joined the gray dog, and they were both staring down at princess.
"Looks delicious. What do you think, Crusher?"
"I'm not hungry, Thrasher. Eat her by yourself."
"Oh really... well, that's great. More for me!"
Princess was shocked once she heard these words. She felt the color draining out of her face. She had to run away. Fast! But her legs felt like jelly. She tried to get up but failed. The dog's evil laughing and his huge teeth scared Princess even more!
"Oh look, she's scared" explained Thrasher to Crusher, in a silly, worried voice. Not only is he going to eat her, but now he's mocking her, too.
"I'll go back to my anise. If you need me, think about calling me. I hate unnecessary getting up".
"Okay, Crusher, I won't disturb you."
The brown dog turned and walked away, and the gray dog grabbed Princess at the neck and lifted her up. He swung his free paw, and soon enough, his claws were out.
"What's your name, little?" asked Thrasher. Princess was shocked! He's asking her for her name?! Now she felt something else: Anger!
"Why do you care?!" shouted Princess. She gave him the dirtiest look that she can make... and Thrasher just started laughing!
"You... are... funny......" is what Princess overheard. But this was her only chance. She had claws, too. With a move of the paw similar to Thrashers, her claws were out, and she used the opportunity while he was laughing to stab him in the eye!
"ARGH!!!" Thrasher let go of Princess and covered his eye with both paws! Princess felt his blood on her paw, but she didn't care. She turned away and started running with the rest of her strength.
"Hey, STOP! Crusher, stop her!!!" shouted Thrasher. Princess didn't even turn around to see what'll happen, she just continued running and running. She didn't know where she was going, but she didn't care, as long as it's far far away from those 2 dogs. She runned, runned, runned, until... she tripped. She tried to stood up again, but she couldn't do it. She was too exhausted. She looked around and saw that she was lying on grass, but she had no idea where it is.Upon further inspection, she noticed that there's a bench near her.
"This must be the park.... ". But she had more worries than her location. What if the 2 dogs find her again? She had to hide.... "A tree! I can climb up, and they won't be able to reach me!" figured Princess. The nearest tree was right by the bench she saw earlier, and it was really high. She climbed up with ease, since she was a cat, and she laid on one of the bigger branches. Soon she fell asleep......

The sun came out very soon. Princess woke up and rubbed her eyes. She was sleepy, hungry, thirsty, dirty, well, basically everything bad. The branch was really uncomfortable, so her back was aching, too. She decided to examine the park now. Maybe she'll find some kind of food in it? She climbed on the top of the tree and looked around. There were still no people here. It must be early in the morning. But what she saw made her smile. There was, in the middle of the park, a big fountain filled with water! Princess almost jumped from the tree, and she ran as fast as her hunger and lack of energy allowed her, to the fountain. She bent down and looked at the water. It was clear, you could see everything through it. A wide smile covered her face while she stared at the water... it was like a gold fountain to her at the moment. With swift tongue moves, she started drinking. The feeling of the water soaking her dry lips and moving through her mouth was great. But then again, she was still hungry....... very hungry.... And there was nothing eatable in the park, so she decided to move on. She left the park, and found herself in an unknown street. It was early in the morning, so the street was full of people going to their working places. She was examining the street with her eyes, every part, every corner, searching for anything that will somehow help her in her current situation. She had to satisfy her stomach with food, but that seemed currently impossible. She crossed the street so she can take a look at the side-streets located between the many buildings, and then........ *sniff*... "Food!". Princess smelled food! She ran to the source of the smell, and stopped in front of a restaurant. There were tables outside, and people were eating. She looked hungrily at the many kinds of food on the tables... her yellow eyes were glued to it..... but how to get it? Asking people to give it to her was definitely not a good idea. "But then again, I asked only once... that man seemed like a jerk anyway. Maybe if I try asking that woman there... she's alone". The woman had blond hair, she was dressed casually and she was reading the newspaper. She probably stopped here to get some breakfast before work. Princess came slowly to her table... the woman didn't even notice her.
"Uhm... mam...... can you... give me a piece of your meal?" asked Princess quietly. The woman lifted her head and looked at Princess. Once she saw her, she seemed like in a shock, and then...
"HELP!!! WAITER!! GET THIS CAT OUT OF HERE, I'M ALLERGIC!!!" Princess suddenly realized that this won't end good, and she turned away to run, but it was too late. A hand grabbed her neck and lifted her up, then it tossed her behind the restaurant! Princess hit with her head against a wall, and fell down on the hard earth. She was dizzy, and she felt something on her head. She touched her head with her paw and looked at it. Blood! Her head was bleeding! Once she saw the blood she got more dizzy, scared, and she fainted. Lying there, unconscious, bleeding out of her head, but the worst thing- forgotten.

"Leftovers...... why do people come to the restaurant if they don't want to eat everything? Look at how much food I have to throw away now!"

Princess woke up. The moon was high in the sky already. She forgot how she got there, but she remembered the bleeding. Scared, she touched her head, but luckily, the bleeding has stopped. The injury was not bad. Once she looked around, she remembered what happened. The woman, the waiter, the tossing....... and talking about tossing, she just saw a man tossing something into the thrash bin. She tried to stand up, but she barely had the strength to do it....... she had to crawl to the bin. Once she was there, she managed to stand up by using her arms and legs. She looked inside the bin, and....... she couldn't believe it. Food! There was a lot of food in it! Good food! She quickly grabbed some of it, and smelled it. It smelled delicious! That was it. Her stomach couldn't wait anymore. She started eating what she found, and tears of joy came to her eyes.
"This......is...... sooooo..... goooooooood!!!" said Princess while almost choking on the amount of food in her mouth! Not just that, there was so many of it. Princess ate, and ate, and ate, and ate... until she was more than full. She was so happy about the food she just ate that she couldn't help but smile. She decided to go to sleep. While looking around for a good place to sleep, she heard something...... something very loud! It was..... "a thunder..." said Princess quietly. One look at the sky told her she was right- it was covered with black clouds. "Rain...... it's going to rain! I have to find a shelter, fast!". She started running around to find a shelter, but unluckily, she didn't find any buildings that were open, or any buildings with a big roof like the one were the 2 dogs attacked her. Then, suddenly, a bright light blinded her, but it lasted less than a second! She kneed down and covered her head with her paws- she was always afraid of lightning, and she hated the sound of thunder. Once the thunder was gone, she lifted her head back up, only to feel a drop fall on the top of her nose- it started raining.
"Oh no! Now I'm doomed! I have to find a shelter! I just have to!" Once she thought that, she started running around like crazy. The rain was getting stronger, and every lightning was followed by her kneeling and covering head. The thunders could be heard louder & sooner after the lightning than before. Princess knew that that means that the storm is nearer. Her fur was already all wet, and she was exhausted, but she couldn't give up. After 5 more minutes of running, she saw an old, wrecked car. It was missing one window, and Princess jumped easily through the hole into the car. Rain could reach her , so she jumped on the backseat, where both windows were still there. There was a smell of corroded metal and oil in the car, but Princess didn't mind as long as she's protected from the rain. She tried to sleep, but she was annoyed by her wet fur, and after every lightning she'd close her eyes tighter and grid her teeth. It was a long night........

Princess found her way back to the restaurant. Every night, the cook would throw out leftovers in the bin, so she had enough food for herself. If she was thirsty, she'd go to the fountain in the nearby park. She spent every night in the wrecked car. It looked like she finally found a.... place to live. She didn't like it herself, but what if she decides to move on and forgets her way back? Then food and water would become a great problem again. All she did over the day was sitting around, eating on evenings when the cook throws away the leftovers, and occasionally goes to the fountain to drink. A very boring life. The car she slept in was very dirty, the streets were very dirty, and she was very dirty, too. She didn't groom herself. It was useless.

---------6 months later----------

It was evening. Princess went to get her food, as she does every day, in a hope to find something. The cook didn't throw out leftovers for the past 3 days, and Princess was very hungry. It happened occasionally in the past 6 months- the restaurant is not very successful, so there were days where no customers entered it at all.That means only one for Princess: No leftovers. She was very used to the streets in the area that she found herself in front of the trash bin very quickly. She looked inside and smiled- there was some food in it. Slowly, she took it out and started to eat.

"Well, what do I see there? Food?" said a strange voice. Princess turned around to see the source of the voice. She saw a black cat, definitely bigger and older than her. His physique reminded her of one of the dogs that attacked her 6 months ago... Crusher was his name. He was tall and very strong-muscled.

"Well, kitten, you found some food?" said the cat.
"Go... go away! It's mine!" replied Princess. The cat came closer to her.
"Make me!" Princess was scared now. Is he going to hurt her? What should she do? Just give him the food?
"O...kay..... how about I share it with you?" replied Princess. What came was unexpected- the cat gave out a loud, evil laughter.
"Share?! You've got to be f***ing kidding, right? Get the f*** out of here before I make you do it, and never return here!" That was enough to make Princess choke on her food. She felt the purple drying out of her face... will she be forced to search for another home? Although, you can't call this one a home, either.
"No... I found it first!"
"Does it really look like I care who found it first? Now I see... you leave me no other choice" replied the black cat. With one swift move, his claws were out of the top of his finger tips. Alone that made Princess more scared. She tried standing up, but she just ended up sitting in front of him. She backed away using her arms and legs, but the cat caught up with her with ease, and he swung his paw at her, cutting her face and chest! She screamed and laid down, covering her head with her hands.
"You gonna leave now?" asked the cat.
"Y-yes..." replied Princess with tears in her eyes.
"Good."

She stood up, and turned around. The black cat was eating her food while looking at her with an evil grin on his face. She had no choice but to go away. She started running, but her injuries that she just got weren't allowing that. Blood was gushing out of her chest. Luckily, he didn't hit the head so hard. She covered her chest with her right paw, and she started moving slowly. The worst problem was that she didn't know where to go. Where can she find food, water & shelter? Once she got far enough, she sat under a streetlight and started crying again, just like the day she was abandoned. She didn't have the will to live anymore. She lost everything now. In fact, she had nothing in the past six months anyway, but this drop just spilled the glass. She buried her head in her paws, and thought about her future. Just sitting there, crying and thinking... for who knows how long? Just until she heard the sound of brakes in front of her. She lifted her head and saw a white van standing there. What even more surprised her, is when a man came outside and talked to her!
"Hey, cat. You lost? Where is your home?"
"I... I...." she almost forgot how to talk. "..I don't have a home......"
"Really? Well, that doesn't surprise me. You don't even wear a collar." replied the man. Princess then remembered when she took off her collar- on the day she got abandoned. She even forgot how it is to wear a collar.
"Uhm.... I... what... who.. are you?"
"That doesn't matter. What matters is you. Tell me: would you like to come to live in the shelter?
"A... shelter? You mean.... food, water and a roof above my head?" asked Princess. The man smiled.
"Yeah, that's exactly what I mean. Now come, you don't look like you have much to lose by leaving"
"I don't have anything that I can lose..." said Princess.
"Heh, is that so? Now come, get into the van. There are no animals inside."
The man opened the back door of the van, and Princess jumped inside. A new hope was born just in her- maybe, just maybe, she will find a home again.

After 15 or so minutes, the van stopped, and the same man opened the back door again. He then gave Princess a sign to follow him. He lead her into a room filled with cages. There was an awful smell of dirty fur in the room. The ground was hard. As she was passing by, she looked in each cage, and figured that this room was for cats only. Once they reached the first empty cage, the man unlocked it and opened the door for her. She entered, and he immediately locked the door.
"You will get food and water once every day. There's a hole in the corner for your needs."

Princess decided to go immediately to sleep. She laid on the hard ground, but she didn't actually mind- she was used to it. But once she heard the man leaving the room, she was interrupted by voices.... lots of them!
"Oh.... when will I get out of here?!"
"Shut up, you crazy cat! Nobody wants to hear your voes again!
"But I am so sad in here!"
"If you 2 don't stop arguing, I'll go crazy tonight!"
"Shut up!"
"Oh, how I miss my home......."
"I told you to SHUT UP!!!"...... the arguing continued. Princess tried covering her ears, but she could still hear the cats argue and shout at each other. There's no way she could sleep under these circumstances. Much later, the cats that were arguing fell asleep, but Princess was still awake. She was thirsty, and she had a lot on her mind. This isn't the life she wants... nobody wants such a life! She was tossing around on the hard ground, thinking about her future again..... often has she wondered, does she even have a future? A tear came to her eye. What will happen to her? She didn't know....... but did she even want to know? Her head and chest were aching from the cuts that the black cat gave her earlier this day. Later, she somehow managed to fall asleep......

"So, should we get another dog?"
"No way, as if Peanut isn't enough of trouble on his own. Imagine what 2 dogs were capable off!"
"Oh, so that's why you directly brought me to the cages with the cats. Smart of you...."

Princess woke up to these voices. What's happening?

"How about the gray kitten over there? She's cute."
"Please, I'm sure Peanut would be more happy to have someone to play with instead of someone to babysit."
"You're right....... well, how about the purple one that's sleeping? She looks almost the same age as Peanut."
"Hm...... come on, let's ask her."

Princess got up and looked outside. Two people were approaching her cage. The man had brown hair and facial hair, and the woman had light-brown, long hair. When they got to the cage door, they bent down to her size.

"Hey, little. What's your name?" asked the woman.
"P-princess... Periwinkle" answered Princess.
"Weird name. Do you like it?" said the man.
"Well....... n-no, not really."
"Would you mind if we rename you?"
"N..no."
"Great!" said the man. Then he turned to the woman. "We're taking her. Take her to the car while I negotiate everything with the workers here".

Soon enough, Princess was freed out of her cage and taken to a blue car by the woman.
"Uh.. you stink. Once we arrive home, I'll give you a nice, warm, bath. How's that?"
Princess didn't like water at all. She was just about to reply with a "no, I'll groom myself", but one look at her fur made her change her mind. Her fur was now dark-purple overall, with red stains of blood on her chest and head, and her paws on the legs were black as the night.
"Yes... yes, I need a bath."
However, what made her happy was the word that the woman used... "home". She couldn't believe her ears. She's going..... home!

After a couple of minutes, the drivers door opened and the man entered the car. He started it and they headed into an unknown direction, hopefully to a place where Princess will finally find her luck.

"So, what about the new name? How should we name you?" asked the man. Princess was silent for a moment... she didn't know any good names. In fact, the only names that she remembers is the name of her parents and the name of the 2 dogs that attacked her once.

"Uhm... I don't know... " replied Princess.
"We must think of something simple, yet something that has a good ring" said the woman.
"Yeah.... well, I'm currently busy with driving" smiled the man.
"Oh okay, you silly I love you, I'll think of a name. How about we use something similar as Peanut... like.... Coconut?"
"Okay, I'm sure she will kill us one night in our sleep if we name her Coconut. How about something that isn't a nut?"
"Hm... how about Berry?"
"No, I don't like it... but you're close. Let's think..... how about...... Grape!"
"I like it" said Princess immediately. She really did.
"Okay, your new name is Grape, Grape" said the woman with a smile on her face.
"Welcome to the family, Grape" said the man. When she heard it, she was..... warm. She had a weird feeling in her chest. Something she couldn't explain.
"Now listen. The family consists of me, my husband, and our dog, Peanut."
"Dog..... dog?!" asked Grape, in fear. Her past experiences with dogs were definitely not good. She turned white as a piece of paper. Do these people... want to feed her to the dog?!
"Oh, don't worry, he's harmless. I'm sure you'll be the best of friends" said the woman. Grape was calmed a bit, but she was still worried.
"Okay, we're here." said the man. "Honey, can you go and bath Grape right away? She stinks."
"Of course. Come, Grape. And shhhhhhh. Peanut doesn't know anything about a new family members."

She grabbed her paw and lead her to the door. While walking, Grape was taking a look around the neighborhood. There were no high buildings here, just houses with mostly 2 floors. The house her new mom was taking her to was not the biggest in the neighborhood, but it looked very nice from the outside. Mom opened the door and with a very quiet voice: "Come on, enter." After her, her new dad entered, and closed the door.
"Peanut, it's us!" he shouted.
"Where have you guys been?" said a voice from upstairs.
"That's none of your concern."
"Awwww, come on, tell me tell me tell me tell me!"
"Peanut, do I have to repeat myself?"
"Awwwwwwwwwwww.... okay, dad."

Grape's mom grabbed her paw and lead her to the bathroom. There, she showed her to enter the tub and she turned the water.
"Now I know you cats don't like water, but this has to be done, Grape."
"Yeah, I know... mom." Grape used that word with a certain unsure voice... she still didn't know if this family really is what it looks like. Maybe they just really want to feed their dog? What came next was a bit of a surprise. Grape's new mom just spilled a whole bottle of soap all over her. Grape didn't like it at all. She just wanted to use her paws to rub it off, but her mom was faster- she used her arms to rub her whole body with the soap. Grape couldn't do anything so she just closed her eyes thightly and hoped that it'll soon be over.However, the next thing she knew was that her mom spilled a lot of water over her head. It was maybe washing off the soap, but the water itself was worse than the soap. Grape found herself unable to breath while her mom was washing the dirt off of her. She covered her face with her paws, and begged for it to stop. And then......

"Well, that's it. You're all clean now. Come on now, I'll take you to meet Peanut."
"O... okay."

Grape's mom took a towel and started drying Grape. When she was done, she put the towel behind Grape's head on her shoulders.
"Now come on, Grape. If you want, I can carry you upstairs. You look exhausted. I don't know what you ate in the past, but it was definitely not effective."
Once she said that, Grape realized that she was very hungry. She didn't eat for almost 4 days.
"Uh... can you? I didn't eat for 4 days...." said Grape, with her head bowed down.
"Four days?! Poor thing.... come on now, I'll carry you to meet Peanut, lunch will be ready in 15 minutes."

She grabbed Grape and carried her upstairs, and into a darkened room. The only source of light was the TV. In the armchair, a dog was sitting, holding something that looks like a white plastic wheel with a remote inside. The dog's fur was colored in 3 different types of brown. His belly, neck, nose and inner side of the ears were light-brown, his limbs and head were middle-brown, and his long ears and short tail were dark-brown. He was wearing a red collar with a doggy bone hanging from it, and his eyes were light-blue. He didn't even look at his mom, so he didn't notice Grape at all.

"Peanut... we have a surprise for you." said his mom. He pressed a button on his wheel to pause the game, and turned his head to face his mom. When he saw Grape, he looked shocked.
"Meet Grape" said his mom. Peanut stood up and put a wide smile on his face while looking at Grape. He came nearer, and mom put Grape down next to him.
"Hi! I'm Peanut!" said Peanut. Then he stretched his paw towards Grape. She accepted it, and shaked paws with him. "I'm... I'm Grape." Peanuts smile just got bigger, if that was possible. The next thing Grape knew is that he hugged her, and pressed his face against her.
"You're my new best friend! Finally I have someone to play this game with!"
Grape was still shocked... how long was it since the last time somebody talked to her like this? She felt again that heat in her chest.
"G-game?" said Grape finally.
"Yeah, Mario Kart. Look, you take this wheel..." then he turned to his mom "See mom, I told you that we need 2 wheels!". His mom smiled.
"Okay now, lunch will be ready very soon. Peanut, I want you to come with Grape on time when I serve lunch. Grape's very hungry."
"Okay, mom." then he turned again to Grape.
"See now, you hold this button for....."

----------15 minutes later, at the lunch table----------
"Okay, Grape. I want you to eat all of this. If you don't like it, don't be shy to say that. I can make you something else very quick. You must eat."
"Okay........ mom". Grape was still unsure about using the word "mom". This was all still weird for her. Then, her mom put 2 chicken wings on her plate. It smelled so good. She was just about to grab it, when she saw a fork and knife by her plate. She stopped. How to use these? She forgot.......
"Is there a problem, Grape?" asked her mom. Grape was unsure if she should say it or not. But then again, her hunger made her say something. She couldn't stand just watching at it anymore.
"I haven't eaten with a fork and knife for more than 6 months....." she said, quietly. She expected them to laugh at her, but nobody laughed.... well, except Peanut. When he heard that, he started laughing like it's some kind of joke. Her dad continued eating like nothing happened, and her mom looked worried.
"Oh.. you poor thing. Well, it's okay, Grape, just eat however you want." said her mom. She didn't have to tell it twice. Grape grabbed the chicken wing and hungrily bit into it. It was great! She ate both of them very fast, and she was full. After they all finished eating, Grape's mom said: "Okay, can I get you anything else, Grape?" Grape looked at her... she was very thirsty, too. But then again, her experiences with asking a human for food were telling her to keep her mouth shut.
"I... uhm....... ye... no..." said Grape. She still didn't know if she should ask her.
"Now come on, Grape, don't be shy. Tell me, what is it."
"Could I get........." Grape suddenly realized that she made a mistake by asking, but she had to finish her question now... "... s-some... water?"
Grape's mom just lowered her hand to pet Grape in a hope to relax her a bit and make her more comfortable, but when Grape saw it, she flipped! She thought her mom is going to hit her, just like all the people she asked something did. She lowered her head and covered it with her paws. Alone the thought of new injuries made tears come to her eyes. In fact, she was sobbing.
"Grape! What's wrong?! Grape!" shouted her mom. She lifted Grape and put her on the armchair in the living room. Her head was still buried in her paws. She barely heard her mom calling her because of her sobbing. She sobbed for some time, until she realized that nobody hit her yet... then, she lifted her head, and looked around. The first thing she saw was Peanut, looking at her with his big, blue eyes, and a sad and worried face. When she looked right, she saw her mom kneeling in front of her, with a scared look on her face.
"Grape... are you alright?"
"Yes... I'm fine." replied Grape. After that, her dad came in carrying a glass of water. He offered it to her.
"I hope you know how to drink out of a glass" he said, with a smile on his face. Peanut started smiling, too.
"Earl! This is no time to be joking! Can't you see she's traumatized?" shouted mom. Then she turned to Grape. "Grape... you don't have to be afraid of anything! We won't harm you, Grape! We just won't...."
Then, Peanut came nearer to Grape. He had the worried look on his face again. "Grape... you're now my friend. Please don't be afraid." Grape didn't know what to say. She hugged Peanut and said "okay...". She realized that she'll be happy here. She finally found a home.
==================================================================================

Yes, I'm a monster for putting Grape through all of that. Yes, the story moved on too fast with less or no describing at all. And yes, it sucks.

Thanks for reading. Tell me what you think of it.
Last edited by Alex on Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

Ebly

Re: Grape's past

Post by Ebly »

Alex wrote:Oh yeah, if your username is Ebly and you're reading this, stop. I'm on these forums for 2 days and I know that you are Grape's biggest fan. The story sucks anyway :?
U>!
I feel rejection!
It stings like a cute little bumblebee!

Honestly, I liked it! Don't be nervous about your writing. At the very least, you didn't try to set Grape up with a boyfriend. I really enjoyed your interpretation of her history, and it read just fine to me. o 3o

(Also I didn't realise I was Grape's biggest fan. Awesome!)
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Ebly wrote:
Alex wrote:Oh yeah, if your username is Ebly and you're reading this, stop. I'm on these forums for 2 days and I know that you are Grape's biggest fan. The story sucks anyway :?
U>!
I feel rejection!
It stings like a cute little bumblebee!
Hehe >_>.
Ebly wrote:Honestly, I liked it! Don't be nervous about your writing. At the very least, you didn't try to set Grape up with a boyfriend. I really enjoyed your interpretation of her history, and it read just fine to me. o 3o
Oh wow, really? I honestly thought you guys are gonna say the story sucks and laugh at me.. and I thought that after I posted the story. Didn't want to delete it because I was too lazy xD.
Ebly wrote:(Also I didn't realise I was Grape's biggest fan. Awesome!)
Sinder wrote:For Ebly, Grape's biggest fan
See, I wasn't the first who claimed that =P.

Also, in case you're all wondering- I made the story move on so fast near the end so it doesn't turn out too long. I planned on writing the visit to the vet.
Richarson Valley

Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Alex wrote:
Ebly wrote:(Also I didn't realise I was Grape's biggest fan. Awesome!)
Sinder wrote:For Ebly, Grape's biggest fan
See, I wasn't the first who claimed that =P.
Hahahaaa, Sinder's great.

Other Sinder-truths include:

Sinder wrote:Ebly's a jerk.
Sinder wrote:You are such a liar, Ebly.
And of course
Ebly wrote:you secretly love me
followed by
Sinder wrote:that's no secret
Toboe

Post by Toboe »

Great story Alex! I think it flows well, for the most part
Ebly wrote:you're a geek tobes <3
Awaken as a Bear
Alex

Post by Alex »

Ebly wrote:Wall of text
So, I'm on this forum for 5 days, and I already know who the 2 craziest members are >_>
Toboe wrote:Great story Alex! I think it flows well, for the most part
Glad you like it. Also, to be honest, I don't like the near end of the story myself. It wasn't even planned that she gets into the shelter like this, and I had 2 more "scenes" in mind, but I didn't write any of that since i was afraid the story'll be too long. So the ending (Shelter+rest) was made up in a couple of seconds, that's why it sucks.

I'd rewrite it now but I don't feel like it. Meh. Let it stay how it is. Maybe I'll do it in the near future, who knows?
Richarson Valley

Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Alex wrote:
Ebly wrote:Wall of text
So, I'm on this forum for 5 days, and I already know who the 2 craziest members are >_>
Really? I'm surprised you didn't get it before then.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

And who's the other craziest member, hmmmmm?

HMMMMMM?!?!?

Hmmm...Sinder, Jimmy, or me is my guess.

EDIT: Or Slip.

EDIT2: I forgot to say that I liked your story!

EDIT3: CRAP how could I forget Toasty?!?!
Last edited by Buckdida on Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
Alex

Post by Alex »

Buckdida wrote:And who's the other craziest member, hmmmmm?

HMMMMMM?!?!?

When I said "2 craziest members" I meant Sinder and Ebly....

As for others, I still haven't browsed the forum long enough to answer that, sadly. I wish I discovered this site a long time ago, since it's awesome.
Richarson Valley

Ebly

Post by Ebly »

HMMMMMM?!?!?

Jazzboy's crazy?
And what about Toasty? U<
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

HMMMMMM?!?!?

I'm am quite honored sah! *salutes*

Ebly.... >.<

Nice story by the way.

what what? Jolly good time.
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Jimmy Jazz wrote:Ebly.... >.<
What? U:
Whaaat?
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

Ebly wrote:
What? U:
Whaaat?
'

:lol: you always seem to make me laugh Ebly.

"Jazzboy's crazy?" This might be it. the cause for my >.<!

what what? Jolly good time.
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Jimmy Jazz wrote:
Ebly wrote:
What? U:
Whaaat?
'

:lol: you always seem to make me laugh Ebly.

"Jazzboy's crazy?" This might be it. the cause for my >.<!
U:
I don't know whether I should be proud or confused.
It's confusing me.
Anonymous_Pyro

Post by Anonymous_Pyro »

Because you are so famous, you make us laugh. :V
Gentlemen.
8feet

Post by 8feet »

Note: sorry for my English for English is my secondary language.

I fell so sorry for Grape. this story reminds me of the same cat I once took in when I was 5 years old,I'm not really sure what gender it was because I have no Idea what gender means in that time,it was the only cat in my life that did not run away from me. it was a gray cat with black strips all over its body and with the looks of it I know that it was still very young and I was sure that it was still a kitten.it was raining outside,because there was a storm in our place that time,as I took it in I quickly made a small home for it and gave it some food and water...as I was called in by my mother I left it alone so it would be able to it its food,gave it some privacy. it was like around 1:00 p.m. or something. I left it for 4 hours because my mom told me to take a nap,eat my launch,take a bath,and do my assignments. when I went back to see what it was doing... I was shocked for,the food was not even touched,it was laying on the ground
with its tongue out. I touched its chest and it was very cold and it has no pulse,and I knew that it was already dead. I'm not sure how it died,I gave it shelter,food and water but it still died. And I began to thought that it must have been that it was already about to die when I took it in,so that why it did not run away from me because it was already dieing...poor thing :cry: I can still remember that very day.

p.s. Take good care of your pets and GOD Bless!!!
List of games developed by 8feet
note: more coming soon...

Chickenfeeds: http://www.yoyogames.com/games/85541-chickenfeeds
Chickenfeeds 2: coming soon
World Ablaze: coming soon

p.s. Enjoy and GOD Bless to all the people in the Housepets community!!!
Alex

Post by Alex »

What a sad story indeed that is.... poor cat.

Also, I never thought that this thread will be resurrected. It's very old... well, I sucked at writing back then more than I suck now, so... don't take it seriously!
Richarson Valley

Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Wait, this is an old thread? Crud, now I feel ignorant.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
8feet

Post by 8feet »

it may be old but its still gold in my eyes! you should be Rick's Co-writer.

cooljoe224

Post by cooljoe224 »

i liked it alot althogh i think she would have a sort of breakdown/thousand yard stare/ bigger reaction when they mentiond her old name at the vet
8feet

Post by 8feet »

She doesn't remember anything when she was at the vet. Maybe she took it all away in her head or maybe because of Dai Boggy Man that she must have collapse in fear Lolz!!!

Athlon2736

Post by Athlon2736 »

epic sauce is wat this wat this story is...

FAV'D
'Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
The Father of the Atomic bomb.
Jack

Post by Jack »

was this always here? i neeed to read it.
Jack PFRG - S-10 P-7 E-2 C-8 I-6 A-4 L-5
Nika PFRG - S-4 P-4 E-6 C-10 I-4 A-6 L-8
Alex

Post by Alex »

Jack wrote:was this always here? i neeed to read it.
This thread is here for more than 6 months now. Also, you don't neeed to read it, since it's a story written by me, it's nothing special.

And thanks, Athlon!
Richarson Valley

ReCreate

Post by ReCreate »

Just finished reading it. Awesome! :D Part 2 please? :P And maybe a link to sinder's fanfiction? I can't seem to find it...
Last edited by ReCreate on Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't let others define you, Only you can determine your fate
no longer active, sorry
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

ImageImage
ImageImage
ReCreate

Post by ReCreate »

Thanks....
no longer active, sorry
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

I always love reading fanfiction, and this was really great! (Even though you made Grape go through all sorts of things. Meanie...) I did really like it though.
ReCreate

Post by ReCreate »

ReCreate wrote:Thanks....
Just finished reading the first one... edit: just finished reading the second one. Awesome. Is there more? :P
Last edited by ReCreate on Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
no longer active, sorry
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

i just realised i can get rid of the grape's biggest fan thing now

but i love you too much
ReCreate

Post by ReCreate »

The grammar nazi within forced me to fix all grammar errors(that I noticed) in the posts above. So... yay?
(points at post above elby's post)
no longer active, sorry
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

ReCreate wrote:elby
i can cause a lot of pain, you know.

this kind of thing has happened before
let's not let it happen again
ReCreate

Post by ReCreate »

Okay... dont mention elbys name in your post. got it...

on a serious side, elaborate?
no longer active, sorry
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ReCreate wrote:Okay... dont mention elbys name in your post. got it...

on a serious side, elaborate?
You misspelled EBLY's name.
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
ReCreate

Post by ReCreate »

OH i never realized that XD well then it makes a lot more sense now
no longer active, sorry
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

ReCreate wrote:OH i never realized that XD well then it makes a lot more sense now
people misspelling my name as elby is my one weakness
ReCreate

Post by ReCreate »

*weaknesses

Sorry, the grammar nazi within forced me to do it.
no longer active, sorry
Alex

Post by Alex »

ReCreate wrote:*weaknesses

Sorry, the grammar nazi within forced me to do it.
No. He said "one", which means it has to be singular, not plural. Weakness is right.
Richarson Valley

ReCreate

Post by ReCreate »

Oh :oops: I misread as "one of".
edit: also elby, i'm behind 7 proxies
edit: EBLY NOT ELBY >_<
no longer active, sorry