HPU: Sunset Plateau OOC

For all those times you're not in character, try new "Out of Character"

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

FlintTheSquirrel

Re: PF: Sunset Plateau OOC

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

No no, I am not good with that kind of thing, just forget I mentioned it.
Forty Six & 2
Location: On the streets, checkin out this forum on a stolen iPhone.

Post by Forty Six & 2 »

FlintTheSquirrel wrote:No no, I am not good with that kind of thing, just forget I mentioned it.
Nah, I would love for you to join the RP, it's not too hard to make a character up, if you have trouble. just try to base your character off of your personality.
Off the Air.
Image You'll be going like this the whole time.
Dakotah- S5, P7, E7, C5, I6, A6, L4
FlintTheSquirrel

Well that is the point, that is my personality. It is just that I will not make a copy of my fursona. I feel embarrassed to have even suggested it.
Missingo

Post by Missingo »

You shouldn't be, your character can be anything realistic (well, as far as the Housepets! universe goes) that you think you'll be able to play. Just lower his height a bit and you'll be good to go, we'll be glad to have you participate :3
Kay: S4 P9 E6 C8 I7 A5 L3

Retired Characters:
Matthew & Rachel
Forty Six & 2

Post by Forty Six & 2 »

Aw, Flint, c'mon, you can join... please?
Off the Air.
FlintTheSquirrel

Well I would have to lower my height, become very young, and also I have read somewhere that small animals have lowered abilities with only 30 some points to spend. I also don't want to make myself un-intelligent because I can't act that out. It just sounds to hard to handle. I don't know, maybe I am a bit to whinny about this. :/
Do you know if there is any RP that is not effected by the HP Canon w/ a forest that has open spots? .-. Probably not the best place to ask. :oops:

Also, I'm very sorry for having caused so much trouble for all of you, I really do want to try, but at this point I can't muster the courage to make any further attempts.
Challenger01

Post by Challenger01 »

You know what, I'll take a shot at this as well, if I can remember everything, if not, I'll just edit some more.

-Name- Shamrock Garrett

-Species- Dog, Golden Labrador Retriever

-Character Type- Main

-Age- 26 (roughly 7.5 human years)

-Appearance- Golden fur, fairly short. His eyes are very hazel, and he has long floppy ears that tend to stand up on occasion. His tail is moderately long. His build is of a muscular type. He wears an orange collar with a green shamrock for an emblem. Wears a pair of black DJ'ing headphones above his collar. Tends to listen to hard rock under a tree when he's bored.

-Personality- Very outgoing, makes friends very easily. He can always see the good in someone even if they've had a bad past. Very easily entertained, especially with a tennis ball or frisbee. Always has a huge smile on his face and will laugh at nearly any joke. Very loyal to his friends.

-Notes- Shamrock was born and raised in Dublin, Ireland.
He moved to the United States when he was just a pup, so he never really saw much of his home. He most certainly wishes to revisit his homeland.
At the age of 16, he became captain for his school's water polo team and swim team, and excelled in both, earning his school 2 banners and four trophies.
He recently has begun working out to improve his physique, because he wants to remember how he felt back in school.
He is really good at taking and following orders, just the way his parents raised him.
Has the uncanny ability to play the guitar, despite many snapped strings over the years.
All his life, things have been on his side, mostly he believes, due to his "Luck of the Irish"

S.P.E.C I.A.L.
Str- 6 (Some remnants remain from his water polo days)
Prc- 4 (Never really saw the world around him too much)
End- 7 (Always been one for the long haul, sort of)
Cha- 4 (Not really good at influencing others)
Int- 5 (Pretty average, B student in school)
Agi- 7 (Quicker than most of the other dogs in school)
Luc- 9 (Luck of the Irish might not be a myth after all)
I'm going to go to a Furry Convention wearing a shirt that says "I'm a Furry. All I do I Pawrty" Please tell me you get that joke.
Neko

Post by Neko »

Challenger, why did you post? Your character was never approved, and I'm not even sure if there are any more slots >___>
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.
Missingo

Post by Missingo »

Neko wrote:Challenger, why did you post? Your character was never approved, and I'm not even sure if there are any more slots >___>
It has been, his character's already been added to the list. And we do have slots, we still have two left actually.
Kay: S4 P9 E6 C8 I7 A5 L3

Retired Characters:
Matthew & Rachel
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Well shouldn't it be more then two since Bill is done (at least I pretty sure he is), and Chair hasn't posted anything in like a month so I'm sorry we should really consider him gone. I don't know whats going on with Devils if hes done or not and I just PMed Zeek (who hasn't posted in like over 2 weeks) to see if hes still with us.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Ok guys other then Challengers Intro post there have been no posts for 6 days can someone please post something or Neko can you edit your last post to make it so we are at the tunnel so we can move on here.
Challenger01

Post by Challenger01 »

Well then Ice, would you like me to continue with my character?
I'm going to go to a Furry Convention wearing a shirt that says "I'm a Furry. All I do I Pawrty" Please tell me you get that joke.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Sure if you want Challenger you can, especially since you kind of need to catch up with the group. Look as for our group in the woods I'm gonna post a little something to try and get us moving. Oh and Zeek just PMed me and said hes done.
Neko

Post by Neko »

Do we really want every single character in the Rp at one place? T_T
Forty Six & 2

Post by Forty Six & 2 »

Aww, that's too bad that Zeek is done, Is devils still RPing and what about Aaron? He hasn't posted in a while...
Off the Air.
Neko

Post by Neko »

Aaron said he was taking a break and that'd he'd come back eventually.
Forty Six & 2

Post by Forty Six & 2 »

Alright, cuz he wasn't posting and idk, I was just wondering.
Off the Air.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Neko wrote:Do we really want every single character in the Rp at one place? T_T
Normally I would say no we really wouldn't Neko but theirs no one else for him to run into or anything and It wouldn't be fun for him to RP alone (I mean he can if he wants but what is he going to do). And I don't know about Devils he said he was going to take his character out for a while but he never did officially with a post about it. (However I always just assumed his character is now at home or something so he doesn't really need to I guess because Zeek never did either.) I hope him and Aaron and Bill and Zeek do end up coming back though.
Neko

Post by Neko »

Can I make a suggestion?

When your character is speaking, use color and quotations: "Hello, I'm Scarlet!"

When your character is thinking, use color and italics: There sure are a lot of pets out today.

No offense, but it just bothers me to not see quotations when characters are talking. You have to treat this like a story, where quotations are used to show speech...

I don't know, that's just me. Feel free to ignore T__T
Forty Six & 2

Post by Forty Six & 2 »

Unfortunately, I talked to devils and he said he is done RPing too. I'm a little disappointed at how many people are done RPing, but it's nice we have new people joining. I guess after Summer, people didn't have time for RPing or were just too busy.
Off the Air.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Oh well nothing we can do about it.
Challenger01

Post by Challenger01 »

I'm glad I was able to help inject some new life into this RP. Seems like everyone's getting back into it, also, I think Shamrock might be into cats. If things go how I hope they do, Destiny will have a mild surprise coming her way (still keeping it PG of course :P)
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

So am I Challenger. You know this is my first RP (as it was for almost all the people who started) and I wasn't really sure if I would like doing it but I've found that I really do enjoy this so I'm glad that you came along and saved it from dieing.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Three cheers for Challenger! Hip-hip Hooray! Hip-hip Hooray! Hip-hip Hooray!!!!!!
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Yeah, I figured this one would get off to a rough start. So many new rpers were sure to leave some people dropping out and what-not. It does seem to be getting new life, however.
Neko

Post by Neko »

Not gonna sugar coat it, I'm leaving. Scarlet hasn't done anything in awhile anyways so it shouldn't be a big deal, just go back to exploring the forest.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Ok then sorry you have to go Neko. I'm just going to ask this right now is anyone else thinking of leaving? If you are please just say so right now.
FlintTheSquirrel

Even though I am not part of this RP, it is sad to see that so many are leaving. I still wish I knew what to do. ^^;
The Game

Post by The Game »

please reply to my post you guys!
thanks! :P
Challenger01

Post by Challenger01 »

I think I understand what is happening with this RP. We're hitting spikes. Like, fluctuations (or flux) in posting. Sometimes we'll be on a cold streak, then hit a hot streak of posts. I kinda like it. It's not so overly active that I miss out on stuff from being gone but it gets good when everyone is here.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Challenger01 wrote:I think I understand what is happening with this RP. We're hitting spikes. Like, fluctuations (or flux) in posting. Sometimes we'll be on a cold streak, then hit a hot streak of posts. I kinda like it. It's not so overly active that I miss out on stuff from being gone but it gets good when everyone is here.
That is exactly what is happening here and really I don't mind it all that much ether. I could stand it to be a little faster but whatever, if it stays the way it is I'm good with that.
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Hey guys, I'm sorry to say this, but I've decided to drop out of a couple of my rps in order to focus more on the ones I am more active in. Sadly, that means SP doesn't make the cut...

Again, I apologise, but I hope you all enjoy yourselves.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

*sighs* Ok Jofoxx its ok.
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

Seeing that some are leaving, perhaps I should join this one. I hope I am not asking for more than I can chew though.

But I probably won't have my character ready for a while... Considering I am trying to complete another character for the Ironclaw game.
Challenger01

Post by Challenger01 »

If it were up to me Aqua, I'd say JUMP RIGHT IN!! But since you are working on another character, I understand it might take some time. Thanks a lot for joining us, we really need it, and it would be nice to see a new face on the plateau :D
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

Okay, so I'd like to join this neighborhood. I, of course, shall wait for approval from all of you, but here is my character:
Name: Paige Turner

Species: Cat

Breed: Austrailian Mist

Neighborhood: None yet

Char Type: Main

Nutshell Description: A young geek with a realistic attitude, and a special love for all things about space.

Personal Quote: "I swear to you, I will be the first cat in space."

Appearance: Paige fur is a light blue-grey with darker grey spots covering it, and eyes a cerulean blue. His tail is unusually short, only reaching to the middle of his back, and is permanently broken at the tip from an early mishap. His collar is a lavender color, with a miniature Saturn as it's tag. He wears a pair of lavender-rimmed glasses, as well, and is almost never seen without a book in hand. He has four stray hairs coming out of the front of his head.

Personality: Paige is often misunderstood as a pessimist, when in truth, he just sees the reality in each and every situation. He loves reading, although he takes his time- if he finished every book there was, what else would be left to read?- and has (although he won't tell anyone) written a few fanfictions.

Another thing that Paige absolutely loves is space. The stars, the moon, the other planets (Including Pluto)... He wants to see it all up close and personal some day. He's made it his goal to become the first pet (or at least the cat) in space. Despite his realist attitude, he is a firm believer of other universes, and lifeforms on other planets, saying that it has yet to be disproven.

Paige isn't the social butterfly of the neighborhood, but that doesn't mean he won't hang out with friends, or that he's lonely; However, he sucks at most forms of physical activity, such as sports, and would rather curl in the shade and read. He can't bring himself to lie, usually stuttering when he tries, yet can very easily pick one out from extensive "tell-looking."

Background w/ spoilers: Paige was born into a litter of one. A sickly mother, and a long gone father, he was frail and lonely, hiding most of the time. After his mother's passing, he quickly ran afoul of a gang of dogs, who showed him where he was supposed to be: at there mercy. He got used to this, until the day for his escape came. A moving truck, with the back open, blessed his eye, and he climbed in, not knowing where it was headed.

Other Notes
-His glasses aren't for looks- without them, he's almost blind.
-Although a realist, he believes quite a bit in luck, or, as he calls it, "karma."
-His Saturn tag is actually part of a miniature solar system back home. They aren't tags; Paige had it specially adapted.
-He may be able to tell when your lying, but Paige knows a good deal. While he's always willing to help friends, he's also willing to do buisness with 'enemies' for the right price.

SPECIAL
STR- 4 ("Please don't pick me, please don't pick me, PLEASE DON'T PICK ME!")
PER- 7 ("I've done plenty of research on your "products"... Yeah, I'd rather not lose my fur.")
END- 6 ("I've had my fair share of bullying, so a bit of tolerance was needed.")
CHA- 4 ("Well, um, funny story about that...")
INT- 10 ("What'd you think I got from reading books, Calcium?")
AGI- 4 ("Just need to run to the library real quick, dad!")
LUC- 7 ("Oh my... A quarter! I can by that telescope now!")
And for color... is This available? (#FFBF00)
Last edited by Pecan on Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paige Turner - The Stargazing Polyglot! - S4 P7 E6 C4 I10 A4 L7 (SP)
Will Turner - The Timid Survivor! - S5 P4 E8 C3 I6 A10 L6 (SP)
Timothy Cotton - The Overenthusiastic Soccer Star S6 P4 E8 C5 I5 A9 L5 (Zoo)
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

I think your color is a little to similar to mine I would change it. Other then that I like it
The Game

Post by The Game »

Nice character!!

and sorry to see you go Jofoxxy!
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

Okay, Color has been changed. Now it more represents his tag.

Edit: Okay, how do I know when exactly I've been accepted?
Paige Turner - The Stargazing Polyglot! - S4 P7 E6 C4 I10 A4 L7 (SP)
Will Turner - The Timid Survivor! - S5 P4 E8 C3 I6 A10 L6 (SP)
Timothy Cotton - The Overenthusiastic Soccer Star S6 P4 E8 C5 I5 A9 L5 (Zoo)
Challenger01

Post by Challenger01 »

Hey guys, I think Pecan is ready to post. Does anyone have any objections? Speak now or forever hold your piece ;)