PF/HP: Terrace High - fanfic project

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

valerio

PF/HP: Terrace High - fanfic project

Post by valerio »

Well, it's official, folks.
After skipping through the PF settings and characters, even a hardhead like me must concede to the undeniable truth -a PF fiction, based on your characters, is impracticable.
So, this is the best deal I can come up with for my and (hopefully) your joy.
During my ficcie's second season, I just introduced Terrace High: it is a Pet-Friendly condo complex set outside the unnamed city of the HP canon universe. It consists of a large terrain at the center of which lay these five 30 stores tall circular steel and glass towers. The complex is also called 'The Pentagon' due to the towers' disposition.
Each tower's first 10 floors consist of offices, shops, veterinarian clinic, a small hospital, schools for children and pets, recreational areas and so on, while the remaining 20 stores are for the apartments. The parking is subterranean, a single vast lot that covers the whole Pentagon's area.
The park is rich with trees and gardens and game spaces both for children and adults. You can set up a festival, there. Security is excellent, though respecting the residents' privacy of course, and a private bus line connect Terrace High to the city. The prerequisite to live in Terrace High is to own at least one pet, no exceptions.

What else is needed? Oh, yes: a cast!
That is, folks: I want YOU to give me a cast! I am that bold to ask. Since the adventures in Terrace High will start with Season III of my ficcie and cover it (almost) entirely, I really, really want to write something based on original characters YOU could provide me.
Said characters must be ORIGINAL AND NEW for Terrace High. You are free of course to allow me the use of pre-existing characters, but at that point, there is no turing back! They become TH's residents for good, so choose well young jedis. ;)
2 characters max per contributor, no more than 20 characters, as detailed as possible. First comes, first served. If everything goes well, i may open some new slots for other characters in a successive season of the ficcie.
EDIT: A PARENT WITH PUPS/KITTENS/else AND BROTHERS/SISTERS GROUPS(as per moddie kind suggestion) WILL COUNT AS 1 CHARACTER (NOT mice with families as big as Spo's tho)
The only three characters coming straight from HP and that connect the Pentagon to the Gardens are King, Janet Masterson and her trusty partner Sergeant Ivan Danko.

This is not an RPG, so, of course, the moderator is free to move this topic in a more appropriate section if needed.
So, my dear fellow forumites, are you up to this challenge? Give me new blood, I'll give you...a Story! :D
I ask because you folks are such awesome character creators, and I'd like to join forces into this humble project o'mine...

EDIT: it is NOT necessary to ready the current HPTS' season, to create a character for Terrace High. The idea is to have a completely new scenario for season III, to take a break from Babylon Gardens and see what I can do with a cast 90% made by you.
Last edited by valerio on Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:36 am, edited 3 times in total.
Private Elliot

Re: PF/HP: Terrace High - fanfic project

Post by Private Elliot »

ELLIOT!
That is all.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Private Elliot wrote:ELLIOT!
That is all.
Wut? :? :shock: :?
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

valerio wrote:
That is all.
I meant maybe a Golden Retriever named Elliot... err i dont RP so i dont know how to describe...
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Name: Chocolate
Species: Rat (Brown Rat)

Appearance: A normal looking Brown Rat with black eyes. Stands about

Personality: She is usually laid back and easy going for most things except when it comes to magic. When it comes to that she takes it very seriously. She is willing to teach anyone that is willing to learn magic as long as they take the training with the utmost seriousness if they don't she will stop training them immediately (This however does not mean that she will stop being that persons friend in the least). She loves to read and will read anything she can get her hands (paws lol) on. She is a night owl and loves to stay up until the early morning and on occasions will stay up all night long. When she is studying magic or reading anything it is hard to get her attention because she is so absorbed in to what she is reading.

Other Notes: Is studying magic because she wants to make sure that no problems arise in the world from its misuse and it is why she takes it so seriously.
Is great friends with Shadow, Jason's other pet, a rabbit that Jason had before adopting her.
She loves to do crossword puzzles for fun.

Background: Before she was adopted by Jason she lived in a pet store with her many brothers and sisters. She became obsessed with magic early on in her life because one of the workers in the store dabbled in it. After being contacted by ghosts one day she began to want to study magic but she could not due to the fact that she was stuck in the pet store. When she was adopted by Jason she told her of her want to study magic and Jason thinking of it to be nothing more then a harmless stupid hobby (not believing in magic at the time) let her.

SPECIAL

Strength - 3
Perception - 8
Endurance - 3
Charisma - 6
Intelligence - 9
Agility - 5
Luck – 5

Name: Shadow
Species: Rabbit

Appearance: A black furred Rabbit with White paws. His eyes are a light brown color. He wears a Red colored collar. He stands about 4'3” in height

Personality: Shadow is a bit hyperactive but fun loving and affectionate he will try to make friends with anyone he can. He loves to write and read poetry. He can be a bit clingy at time with people he likes but knows when to back off. He will try to help anyone who is in trouble if asked. He is wary of magic (he refuses to study it however he has picked up some things from hanging around Chocolate.) but he respects it.

Other Notes: Likes to have Chocolate ride around on his head and shoulder.
Likes to play Role playing games like D&D usually will play either the Thief or Ranger
Loves almost all forms of Jazz (except Free Jazz)

Background: Has lived with Jason since he was 4 months old. Has lived a happy life with Jason there isn't much else to tell.

SPECIAL

Strength - 7
Perception - 5
Endurance - 7
Charisma - 8
Intelligence - 5
Agility - 5
Luck – 5

Edit: There you go Valerio if you need anything else just PM me. (I wanted to do something a little different with my characters so I went with a Rat and a Rabbit I thought it would make things a bit more interesting then just having a Cat or a Dog.)
Last edited by IceKitsune on Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:47 am, edited 5 times in total.
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

So you are going to write a fanfic using the characters we use? That sounds great, but as everyone knows by now, I can't do it. ^^;
Last edited by FlintTheSquirrel on Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

I would love to offer my characters Max and Liz :mrgreen:
Challenger01

Post by Challenger01 »

I will gladly offer Shamrock if you so choose.
I'm going to go to a Furry Convention wearing a shirt that says "I'm a Furry. All I do I Pawrty" Please tell me you get that joke.
valerio

Post by valerio »

FlintTheSquirrel wrote:So you are going to write a fanfic using the characters we use? That sounds great, but as everyone knows by now, I can't do it. ^^;
in fact, the idea is that you create a character (or 2) ONLY for Terrace High, just as you'd do for another RPG. BUT, instead of you RPGing, I write the season III of my series. So, it is in reciprocal interest that you create ORIGINAL AND NEW characters as much detailed as possible. :mrgreen:
I will gladly offer Shamrock if you so choose.
Idem, and thank you a lot for your offering anyway
I would love to offer my characters Max and Liz :mrgreen:
ditto.
valerio

Post by valerio »

IceKitsune wrote:Valerio I'm gonna come up with two characters tonight so I'll have them up by tomorrow. So this spot is reserved to put my characters at.
YAYZ! Can't wait for 'em! :D :D :D
Challenger01

Post by Challenger01 »

Oh wait, now that I saw you're using new characters, I'll go ahead and do that as well. 1 new character coming up!
I'm going to go to a Furry Convention wearing a shirt that says "I'm a Furry. All I do I Pawrty" Please tell me you get that joke.
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

I WAS IGNORED WAAAAAAAAAH
Err, I shall think of something...
FlintTheSquirrel

Ohh, sorry for causing the confusion Valerio. I really am sorry. :(
I think I may create a character, if a squirrel could fit in that is.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Private Elliot wrote:
valerio wrote:
That is all.
I meant maybe a Golden Retriever named Elliot... err i dont RP so i dont know how to describe...
I see.
ask the moddie to redirect you to a thread were you can find files of other characters, so you can make yourself an idea of how to create one.
I like the species and name, tho. Thank you for cooperating!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Challenger01 wrote:Oh wait, now that I saw you're using new characters, I'll go ahead and do that as well. 1 new character coming up!
YAYZ!!! :D :D :D :D
valerio

Post by valerio »

FlintTheSquirrel wrote:Ohh, sorry for causing the confusion Valerio. I really am sorry. :(
of course, as long as it is a pet. Just to point it out, I am working on the ferals.
FlintTheSquirrel

valerio wrote:
FlintTheSquirrel wrote:Ohh, sorry for causing the confusion Valerio. I really am sorry. :(
of course, as long as it is a pet. Just to point it out, I am working on the ferals.
So this means I can not be a ordinary Squirrel that lives in the trees at the before mentioned park? Aww. D;
Challenger01

Post by Challenger01 »

Hey Valerio, new character here for ya, have fun with him, play nice!
http://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/vi ... 540#p93540
Challenger01

Post by Challenger01 »

Alright, I was informed to post here. So here the new RPC

Name: Pawdrick Ross, responds to "Podge"

Species: Scottish Collie

Appearance: Stands at 4' 8". Tricolor collie, his base coat is white, his bottom half is solid black. On each arm, he has three vertical brown stripes. His hair is smooth and short, and he has very soft paws. He has very deep blue eyes, so deep they can be stared into for days on end. He wears a solid blue collar and wears a golden tennis ball, given as a trophy, for an emblem. He also wears a wristwatch on his left wrist.

Personality: Podge has always been an energetic dog ever since he was a pup. He is very loyal to all his friends and makes friends like he herds sheep, easily and efficiently. Guards others who he feels are in need. Fast and agile, with the book smarts and the street smarts to reflect those skills.

Notes: Podge moved from Scotland at the age of 16, but was looking forward to what new challenges await him.
He has been trained in the art of herding in the foggy hills of Scotland.
Podge is one of the world's elite sheep-herding dogs.
He is always up for a good competition.
From his origins, Pawdrick is Gaelic for the human equivalent of "Patrick"
Likes to make things clean and tidy, loves a good rub or scratch on the stomach.
Tends to eat more than is necessary, but because of his metabolism, he can do that.

Str: 6
Per: 5
End: 7
Cha: 3
Int: 9
Agi: 8
Luc: 5
Last edited by Challenger01 on Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
valerio

Post by valerio »

ANNND WE HAVE THE FIIIRRRSST WINNAH!!
Congratulations to Challenger 01! *confetti fill the air*
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Here are the profiles to my characters. They share the same owners. Morrigan kinda comes with Liz, so I would count them together as one character. Her owners and Max thinks she has an imaginary friend, but Morrigan is really a ghost.

Name: Maximillian Rozen, But his friends call him Max

Species: Dog, Finnish Lapphund

-Appearance-
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/ ... ctcmjh.png

-Personality-

Max is a carefree, friendly dog who will do anything to help others, even if it means harm will come to him. He tries to be a nice guy to everyone, and does his best to keep a level head. He has a habit of acting very polite to people, especially the owners of his friends. Whenever possible, he loves to take naps.

-Other Notes-
Max’s mom is a veterinarian at the local clinic. He helps his mom out at the Vet‘s office in any way he can. This includes performing checkups on other pets. His mother has taught him extensive first aid for both pets and humans. He also enjoys playing tabletop games, his favorites being D&D, Monopoly, Go and Chess. He helps cook in his house, and he really enjoys it. He also enjoys reading, when he has the time.

-SPECIAL-
Strength- 6 "I guess I'm pretty average."
Perception- 8 "And how does that make you feel?"
Endurance- 4 "Sure, swimming sounds fun. Running? eh, not so much..."
Charisma- 6 "Hey, I'm Max. Nice to meet you."
Intelligence- 8 "Quiet, I'm reading. Yes, I'm reading all the books in that stack, and that one, and that one. No, I have a life."
Agility- 5 "I'm average here too."
Luck- 5 "There's no such thing as luck."

Name: Elizabeth Rozen, but she prefers to be called Liz

Species: Cat, Maine Coon/Norwegian Forest

-Appearance-
http://th07.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2 ... ctcmjh.png

-Personality-
She loves the outdoors. She would rather sleep outside than in her bed any day. She enjoys hiking, and seeing the sites, as well as nature. She can act very silly and can come off as naïve, dumb, or a ditz (well actually, she is naïve, dumb and a ditz). She can be overly emotional at times, especially when she‘s sad or happy. She is very easy to get to know, and loves making friends, even with the dogs. She is almost always hyper, and is a huge optimist.

-Other Notes-
Liz is obsessed with “Going Green,” is a vegetarian, and disapproves of killing other animals. She likes to hike and camp, and does so often.

-SPECIAL-

Strength- 4 "I don't like lifting, it makes my paws sweaty. And that's yucky"
Perception- 7 "I like your perfume!" She yells to someone at the other side of the park
Endurance- 7 "I LOVE running!"
Charisma- 7 "I also LOVE making friends!"
Intelligence- 3 "What's Algebra? Is it a country? OOH! Let's go there for vacation!"
Agility- 9 "Can't catch me!"
Luck- 5 "Pretty normal"

Name: Morrigan

Species: Cat

-Appearance-
http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh22 ... 1284185430

-Personality-
She is very protective of Liz, and assists her at times. She can be a little too focused on what she is doing at the moment.

-Other Notes-
She has been dead for more an unknown number of years, and is currently a ghost that follows Liz. She can show herself to others, and she can moves stuff like a poltergeist. But she's very nice.

Quotes: "Stupid Incorporeality." "Gah! I wish people could see me."

-SPECIAL-
Ghost
S- N/A "Stupid Incorporeality"
P- 10 "I can sense auras and see through walls, you know."
E- N/A "Well at least there's one good thing about being a ghost: You're already dead."
C- 8 "I enjoy talking to people. But only Liz can see me... Oh well, she's nice."
I- 7 "When you're a ghost, you find ways to spend you time. Reading is one of those ways."
A- 8 "I do enjoy flying. Yes, that's another good thing about being a ghost."
L- 9 "When you're dead, few bad things can happen. Then again, few good things can happen as well."
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

Name: Alandra García

Species: Cat - Maine Coon

Appearance:
Stands at 2' 10". Typical Maine Coon build, except more petite. White base coat, with black and tan random blending coloration on top of head, including ears, down back and including Maine Coon tail. She has emerald green eyes that change color to an amber in the moonlight and wears a tan collar. Hanging from the collar is a basic tag with a dirty old piece of yarn wrapped around it (conversation starter).

Personality:
Alandra is young and has spent a lot of time indoors, because of her frail condition. But, she doesn't want to be treated differently than others because of it. She enjoys reading, and rainy days. Speaks fluent Spanish and has been studying English for a few years. She has a dignified demeanor, but treats everyone as an equal. She couldn't live without her owner. Graceful and refined, with a good heart and looks to match.

Other Notes:
- Alandra almost died from a serious liver disease when younger. When her owner came into some money, he was able to afford treatment and move from Colombia to America.
- Answers to Alandra or Ali.
- The dirty old piece of yarn around her collar tag was from her first love, who died when she was still living in Colombia.

SPECIAL
Str: 3 "I can handle it, I'm fine...okay, maybe a little help."
Per: 7 "You'd better be telling the truth." *shows claws*
End: 3 *pant* "You go on ahead...don't let me...keep you" *pant* "I didn't even...know cats...could pant." *pant*
Cha: 10 "It's not my fault I'm so adorable that they blindly follow my orders."
Int: 7 "I know two languages." :P
Agi: 5 "Check this out." *trips and almost falls* "Oops."
Luc: 7 "I'm lucky I have my 'dad'". :D
Last edited by lightwolf21 on Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:58 am, edited 8 times in total.
Heh. Look at that... I started an actual Housepets! fan-fic.
https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 70#p131370
Also:
valerio

Post by valerio »

ANNNNDDD TWO MORE SLOTS IN A ROW thanks to our brave Moddie!
17 left folks, HEEERRRYY UUPP!
valerio

Post by valerio »

LIGHTWOLF HAS COME, HAS POSTED AND HAS WON ANNNNOTHA SLOT! 16 LEFT!
oooo, tis gonna be SO fun! :D
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

Okay Erm, i guess i will try to do one of these errrm...
Name: Elliot
Age In dog years: 15 (Years: 3.8)
Appearance (Refer to avatar)
Height: 4' 1''
Breed (if you didnt know): Golden Retriever.
Personalty
Thought Elliot is nice, sometimes he cant help himself to being sarcastic when he is annoyed, which he is alot. He is very shy in front of a LOT of people/pets. Most of the time, he lets conversions start themselves, instead of trying to start one himself. He tries to act very mature and polite in front of other pets owners/humans in general.
-Other Notes-
His Parents Both have jobs at Terrace High. His Mom works as a 8th grade teacher, and his dad is a security guard. They are a pretty well funded family.
STATS (sorry for copying you ctcmjh, but i liked your little character talking about their stats.)
STR-7 "Yep, A bit stronger then the average dog, but i dont want to hurt people on accident!"
I dont know what Perception is suppost to mean, so i will update this when it is explained to me.
Endurance- 5 " Race you for a HALF MILE!? Um... What's That dad? Coming!
Charisma-6 Why 'Ello there. My Name's Elliot, but you can call me Ell. Handshake?"
Intelligence- 5 " 12 times 37? Errm... Do you have a piece of paper? and a pencil?"
Agility- 4 "Okay i-- HEY I WASNT READY! I said throw me the ball after I said I was ready!"
Luck- 4 Things dont seem to go my way alot.

Fun doing that.
valerio

Post by valerio »

AND WE HAVE THE 5TH SLOT OCCUPIED WITH FUN!
Congrats to Private Elliot! *cheers*
15 more slots remain! :D
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

valerio wrote:AND WE HAVE THE 5TH SLOT OCCUPIED WITH FUN!
Congrats to Private Elliot! *cheers*
15 more slots remain! :D
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I am going to not be famous! WHOOO
Also: Funny how my character is so much like me in real life haha.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Name: Volant Male

Species: Rhodesian ridgeback

Neighbourhood: Terrace High

-Appearance-

Volant has a black feather for his collar tag; he found it a long time ago, and it means a lot, if only because it gave him hope. His collar is white, but has murkier parts all over it. It hasn’t been washed for awhile. He has 1 red eye on the left, and 1 blue eye on the right. He has dark brown fur. His muzzle, ears and paw’s fur is black. Lastly, Volant has long headfur, which goes over his left red eye. Unless you got a good look at him, you would only notice the blue eye. He does this on purpose, out of spite for his discoloured eye.

-Personality-

Volant has a calm personality, although it is often hard to understand what he’s thinking. Volant doesn’t care for morality (so he could do something really bad to somebody and not care). He would openly insult or complement somebody if he sees it as the truth. He instantly dislikes anyone who is smart or in the least appears and acts smart. People with talents anywhere else often impress him though, at least slightly. Volant usually wouldn’t get annoyed by almost any reason. He doesn’t really show any emotions, and it’s rare for him to look happy. Although, if anybody even jokes about his red eye or black feather, he wouldn’t think twice about resorting to violence (this isn’t the case if he considers the other person a friend). He dislikes seeing others as happy, especially if he doesn’t think they deserve it. Lastly, he will assume things about people before actually meeting them.

Other Notes

- Volant used to be owned by come constant troublemakers. They were nice enough owners, although they had a bad ending. During a party, they somehow had the idea to pour acid into Volant’s left eye. It hurt tremendously, and left him with an unnatural looking red eye. Oddly, he can still see through it. This happened about 1 year ago.
- Volant’s current owner is actually a friend of his previous owners, and Volant still doesn’t like him because of this.

SPECIAL
STR- 7
PER- 3
END- 7
CHA- 3
INT- 9
AGI- 6
LUC- 7

------------------

Volant is a less common english word meaning the ability to fly (he can't fly, but it's just a cool bit of senseless knowledge). If you'd like me to change anything don't hisitate to ask.
valerio

Post by valerio »

AAANNND 44RONM10's CONTRIBUTION DOWNS TO 14 THE REMAININNNNINNNNG SLOOOTS!
Thank you to our Brit Gentleman! :D :D :D
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Collaborative Fanfiction... otherwise known as a tandem story.... Otherwise known as an RP.... Like PF...

I don't see the point here....
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
valerio

Post by valerio »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Collaborative Fanfiction... otherwise known as a tandem story.... Otherwise known as an RP.... Like PF...

I don't see the point here....
The point is easy: I get OC, I write season III of my ficcie with characters kindly provided by awesome contributors. We all are happy. Lalalala!
Challenger01

Post by Challenger01 »

Hey Valerio, would you mind if I made another character? That would max out my two, and give you another character!
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

Challenger01 wrote:Hey Valerio, would you mind if I made another character? That would max out my two, and give you another character!
I'm sure he wouldn't mind. He did say two max per contributor.
Heh. Look at that... I started an actual Housepets! fan-fic.
https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 70#p131370
Also:
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

Can you translate it into english or something? Or write it in that, since I would like to read it when it comes out, even though i only read your translated fics.
Challenger01

Post by Challenger01 »

I second Elliot's notion. I would really like to see the new characters in English.
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

Challenger01 wrote:I second Elliot's notion. I would really like to see the new characters in English.
Well the next time Val is online we'll see what he has to say about that.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Challenger01 wrote:Hey Valerio, would you mind if I made another character? That would max out my two, and give you another character!
of course you can! You don't even have to ask. :D :D
valerio

Post by valerio »

Private Elliot wrote:Can you translate it into english or something? Or write it in that, since I would like to read it when it comes out, even though i only read your translated fics.
truth be told, I'd really love to, and in fact I had planned to translate mah stuff into english...but the idea for the series kept flowing in (as they're doing for season III right now) and the time was scarce. Plus, writing directly into english is a real handicap: it forces me to slow down the thinking, it gives me headache, I get crappy results, and it's really, really frustrating.
:evil:
Challenger01

Post by Challenger01 »

Well, if I were to take the story into Google Translate, would it come out right? Also, new character coming in just a few minutes.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Challenger01 wrote:Well, if I were to take the story into Google Translate, would it come out right? Also, new character coming in just a few minutes.
Barkeron and Icekitsune and Tobee and Lightwolf didn't mind...much. Also, judging by the number of hits, per update, I'd say that there are other people who use translabot without too many problems. I guess it'a also a question of getting used to it. Ask help to Icekitsune, he's my most loyal commenter :mrgreen:
Can't wait for your character!