Art Thread

For talking about images, videos, and all that other bandwidth-killing stuff. Put ALL your media-related stuff that is not similarly Housepets-related here: Stories etc.

Moderator: ArcWolf

Amazee Dayzee

Re: Art Thread

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Just glad that his adorable son doesn't decide to have exposed fleshed even in his super powered form. X_X
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Indeed.

Decided to dip my toes into designing bows. No one is planned to use these.

Hunting Bow - basic bow, more of a tool than a weapon, though suited for either.
Ivory Bow - A stiff bow made from tusks. Obviously sturdy, but incredibly heavy.
Lunar Bow - Allegedly a consecrated bow. Despite its appearance, it's more of a tool for lighting a path, though anything weakened by light will be most affected by getting struck.
Wicked Bow - Designed to be used in close quarters as well as a regular bow. Due to every part of this bow being sharp, the string is incredibly prone to snapping.
Forest Prince's Antlers - Supposedly blessed by a Celestial, it allegedly grants the wielder supernatural luck on the hunt. Said luck does not apply in times of actual battle.
Infernal Bow - Contains the soul of a captain when the fort they were defending was being threatened. The captain lost his life, binding him to this weapon, though the mission was a success. Due to the contract being fully informed and consensual, the captain's soul is still bound to the bow.
Bow of Fate - A Celestial artifact forged from one of the spokes of Fate. It always finds its mark, even when the target is well-hidden. However, it only works when targeting an Infernal, and has no effect whatsoever on living mortals.
Attachments
bowsnamed.png
bowsnamed.png (181.2 KiB) Viewed 3525 times
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

They all look really good! Great job on the designs!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Decided to complete the family and made a Zootopia-version of Oliver. Finally had a decent reference, too.
Takes after his dad in terms of subtlety.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Nice, like the striking colour scheme.
Disproportionately Dappled
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Thanks! It’s funny that Mirage is the only one of the three to actually put effort into her form not drawing attention.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Wonderful work once again Rocky! I assume he's nopt a teenage in the picture?
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

I'd say he's about a teenager here.

Anyway, got a new piece. Dusk's birthday was the other day, so whipped this up real quick. I almost wanted to ask them what their favorite cake was, but it would have ruined the surprise.
Attachments
salembirthday.png
salembirthday.png (132.47 KiB) Viewed 3446 times
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Amazee, don't do it... :)
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

Adorable characters, D-Rock <3
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Thanks! And because I can't help myself, made a new character.
wolverine.png
wolverine.png (93.93 KiB) Viewed 3419 times
SophronaBioSheet.png
SophronaBioSheet.png (218.27 KiB) Viewed 3419 times
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

`bout due for a wolverine character on this forum. :)
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Indeed. It’s fun filling in some voids. :)
And some character asks. Frankly, I’m just happy that a non-Housepets discord finally took my openings for questions.
58B55430-E25B-4689-8A37-DAED232EEE24.png
58B55430-E25B-4689-8A37-DAED232EEE24.png (186.31 KiB) Viewed 3379 times
This was right after introducing her, too, so this was fun. Remember, people, don’t underestimate her.
————————————————————————————————
0C7C5A32-D212-4D03-AA41-D744559604C3.png
0C7C5A32-D212-4D03-AA41-D744559604C3.png (656.13 KiB) Viewed 3379 times
A rather poignant question for Mirage. Despite being cancelled, decided that the happenings of Fighters of Babylon would still happen to these characters. We still never nailed down a design for Barghest, as he’s supposed to be in Tails of Babylon as well, so used the closest amalgamation of ideas that I could remember. Also threw in Marduk for Paws of Fury, as he can possess Infernals as well. The possession is planned to happen to Vex, though.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Really great work on everything you posted Rocky! It all looks really stunning!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Thanks! Still got a few questions to go through.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Anything that is asked to Oliver especially in his powered-up form needs to go first. XD
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Q and A for characters is an intriguing idea. You are good at thinking up back stories.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Interrogation leads to innovation.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

It really does. When I finish the current batch, maybe I’ll open for questions here, but of course, not now.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

From somber to silly.

Got the idea of the second panel from Chaoko’s initial sketches of Macabre.
Attachments
CD00592D-194D-4B15-A169-F3A01A9A128D.png
CD00592D-194D-4B15-A169-F3A01A9A128D.png (281.08 KiB) Viewed 3319 times
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I remember you posting a picture a while back of Macabre being relieved that she can retract her spikes and thinking about how if she didn't, they would impale and make him bleed a bit. That was also the picture where you revealed Macabre has maroon blood.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Yup, been a while, hasn’t it?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

D-Rock wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:47 am Yup, been a while, hasn’t it?
Has.
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Neat sketches Ddeer. He looks really cute. The art of vector graphics is an interesting exercise on simplicity and using the least number of strokes, huh?

Very nice work D-Rock. It's cool to see more from the elusive Ebonyclaw tribe and their interesting enigmatic leader. It's funny how she doesn't like (her) privacy being invaded, yet plans clandestine reconnaissance and infiltration missions... though her being a wolverine makes it difficult for anyone to call her out on it. :lol: Still, I like her and it's all for the greater good. Anything to prevent another Hitler rising to power.

I also like the aura around possessed Macabre. How does one perform an exorcism on an infernal?

And I'd say a hug from Mirage is worth a hole in the chest. Same reason to never hug a Lucario. :lol:

Now, one who's been following my circus of characters may ask, "If Fastus also had the same power as Aureola and the others, why couldn't he break out of her crystal prison?" Well, he wasted pretty much all of his surplus magic(k) making himself look perfect down to the nearest skin cell. He would often change his appearance as fashion trends around him constantly changed.

Speaking of Aureola, here's one last moment she had with Verna before she went into exile. Image
Attachments
Fastus_the_Vain.jpg
Fastus_the_Vain.jpg (103.62 KiB) Viewed 3265 times
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

dryideabat wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:52 pm Very nice work D-Rock. It's cool to see more from the elusive Ebonyclaw tribe and their interesting enigmatic leader. It's funny how she doesn't like (her) privacy being invaded, yet plans clandestine reconnaissance and infiltration missions... though her being a wolverine makes it difficult for anyone to call her out on it. :lol: Still I like her.
Thanks! Well, to her, some things are best kept secret. A lot of that relates to her mate, though. They know who she is and how deep her connections go, so she keeps their identity secret even from her own clan for their safety. Don’t let her looks fool you, there’s a lot of muscle in her body.

I already have an idea for her mate, not sure when I’ll get to drawing them properly.
dryideabat wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:52 pm I also like the aura around possessed Macabre. How does one perform an exorcism on an infernal?
To paraphrase Bob Ross, beating the Devil out of him works pretty well. Especially considering that Macabre is too powerful to pin down by mortal means.
dryideabat wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:52 pm And I'd say a hug from Mirage is worth a hole in the chest. Same reason to never hug a Lucario. :lol:
Oh, definitely avoid those spikes. Mirage is never sure how Heaven would go about this if she were to accidentally do this to a mortal. Hasn’t happened yet.

And you know, as terrible a fate that befell on him it’s hard to really feel bad for Fastus considering what he did and how he is.

It is nice to see such a sweet moment between Aureola and Verna, though.

One more thing to add, finished the last ask of the current batch.
F30183E3-D40B-443A-805A-1775E224706E.png
F30183E3-D40B-443A-805A-1775E224706E.png (377.11 KiB) Viewed 3255 times
Even a demigoddess like Mirage has some growing to do.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Thanks Dryideabat!

I really like your Deer drawing (as you've probably noticed I am a fan of Cervids in general, they don't crop up so much due to being harder to anthrosize I guess) , you've got the antlers, muzzle and hooves well (I always struggle). I love your shading style, works really well on the trees. Agree about vectors, I find using minimal lines much harder but rewarding when it works. Daunted.

dryideabat wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:52 pm Neat sketches Ddeer. He looks really cute. The art of vector graphics is an interesting exercise on simplicity and using the least number of strokes, huh?

Very nice work D-Rock. It's cool to see more from the elusive Ebonyclaw tribe and their interesting enigmatic leader. It's funny how she doesn't like (her) privacy being invaded, yet plans clandestine reconnaissance and infiltration missions... though her being a wolverine makes it difficult for anyone to call her out on it. :lol: Still, I like her and it's all for the greater good. Anything to prevent another Hitler rising to power.

I also like the aura around possessed Macabre. How does one perform an exorcism on an infernal?

And I'd say a hug from Mirage is worth a hole in the chest. Same reason to never hug a Lucario. :lol:

Now, one who's been following my circus of characters may ask, "If Fastus also had the same power as Aureola and the others, why couldn't he break out of her crystal prison?" Well, he wasted pretty much all of his surplus magic(k) making himself look perfect down to the nearest skin cell. He would often change his appearance as fashion trends around him constantly changed.

Speaking of Aureola, here's one last moment she had with Verna before she went into exile. Image
My latest effort, not quite there but just experimenting really:
Wolf e.jpg
Wolf e.jpg (104.83 KiB) Viewed 3219 times
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Faustus clearly has a lot to be vain about. Your aviator wolf, DDeer, looks like he just came from the cockpit and a deuce of a dogfight. Handsome work, all.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Looking cool, DDeer!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

I'd fly with him. Wouldn't want to be his maintenance team though...
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Thanks everyone. For Fastus, beauty is only skin-deep. While he was raised to believe appearance was everything, that the slightest imperfection in his antlers could make the difference in whether he gets a mate, nothing excuses him for what he did.

Other Daryl's gastro capacity exceeds that of a black hole, confirmed. :lol:

For an experiment, that looks really good, Ddeer. The shine on the goggles is a nice touch.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Really awesome job on all of the pictures here everybody! I would have commented on them individually but I have been trying to minimize my posting so it doesn't look like I am taking over the forum.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

I can understand the feeling there, Dayzee. Sometimes I wonder if I post stuff too often.

On a completely related note that doesn't help the case whatsoever, I'm taking character questions. Just direct them to a specific character, and send them to me via PM so as to not clutter the thread too much. Think like that Talk to you favorite Housepet game here in the forums.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Thanks for the nice comments all, pleased with the way the goggles came out.
NHWestoN wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:26 pm Faustus clearly has a lot to be vain about. Your aviator wolf, DDeer, looks like he just came from the cockpit and a deuce of a dogfight. Handsome work, all.
Yes, was trying to make his fur look ruffled as if he'd just climbed down from the cockpit of his kite after a long ang gruelling sortie. Dogfight is the word! Maybe he should fly a Sopwith Pup I guess :D .
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

That'd make him James 'Biggles' Bigglesworth?
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:11 am That'd make him James 'Biggles' Bigglesworth?
Thinking about it now although I know of the character Biggles I've never actually seen any of the original stories, just know of him through comedy spoofs and send ups, guess he's a character that has become ingrained in peoples psyche. As I recall there was a film of it in the 90s I think featuring a time travelling Biggles (unless I'm imagining things!). Yes, was going for the Archetypal RAF (or should that be RFC) type pilot though (tally ho and chocks away :D )

Over and out,
Daunted
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Awesome draw, DDeer! :D Very nice work as always, Nicholas. :) Good job with your characters, D-Rock. ;)
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

DDeer wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:57 pm
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:11 am That'd make him James 'Biggles' Bigglesworth?
Thinking about it now although I know of the character Biggles I've never actually seen any of the original stories, just know of him through comedy spoofs and send ups, guess he's a character that has become ingrained in peoples psyche. As I recall there was a film of it in the 90s I think featuring a time travelling Biggles (unless I'm imagining things!). Yes, was going for the Archetypal RAF (or should that be RFC) type pilot though (tally ho and chocks away :D )

Over and out,
Daunted
I can't believe I missed it.

James Bigglesworth?

James BigglesWolf! :lol:
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I can't believe that you missed it either. You must be slipping then. ;)
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

I’ve been wanting to draw a scenario like this for a long time, everyone.
Attachments
923EA829-95C7-49E3-8625-654865528DAB.png
923EA829-95C7-49E3-8625-654865528DAB.png (306.83 KiB) Viewed 3061 times
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I can't tell if Macabre is happy or annoyed that they are throwing desserts at his wife.

At least she has a better reaction to this then when Cyber threw a cupcake at her horn.