2020/09/28 - Fair And Balanced

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Amazee Dayzee

Re: 2020/09/28 - Fair And Balanced

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I would have thought that it was pretty easy in regards to their agreement to figure out what it was. All of the good mortals go to heaven and all of the bad mortals go to hell.

Except for the dogs. Because as we all know, all dogs go to heaven. ;)
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

The arc was specifically titled "Not All Dogs", yall :P
ZAR22 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:45 amI don't know what kind, which is why I wanted to ask because I was unsure who's view [on domestication] was being discussed.
So, the ferrets have been using this test called the General Obedience Exam to get individual wild animals legally recognized as domesticated. So all the wolves had to take the GOE, and now they are certified as domesticated. So, there's already a government (or possibly independent but recognized by the government) standard for domestication, and it always implies taking a wild animal and determining that they are fit for life in human civilization.
This does imply that there could be a way to revoke someone's domestication certificate, but that doesn't mean that this has to be applied to humans or even animals that don't already require this certificate (like dogs and cats). I think the intention of the Miltons would be to (eventually) get rid of the domestication process and just have all animals be equal. Right now, the domestication process is useful because it allows wild animals to get to the same legal level as a pet (and seems to be the only way for them to get pet status). Once they are pets, the Miltons can use their legal loopholes to make them independent
ZAR22 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:45 am
Obbl wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:36 am I'm also curious about this too. If undomesticating humans could lead to slavery, abuse, etc, do you think the current situation (in Housepets!) of pets is slavery/abusive/unethical? How about cows? Or the wild animals?
What?! I wasn't saying they (pets and human kept animals) were slaves, just that I worried this could cause perceived ethical problems further down the line.
Oh? Cause I think there's definitely an argument to be made that the way the pets are treated is unethical ;)
Frank

Post by Frank »

Obbl wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:36 am I'm also curious about this too. If undomesticating humans could lead to slavery, abuse, etc, do you think the current situation (in Housepets!) of pets is slavery/abusive/unethical? How about cows? Or the wild animals?
I've been wondering since we saw the cow how that works

"Eh, it's volunteer time, McDonalds has another big order"
"Me! Me! Pick me!"
"We've been through this, Bessy, you're dairy"
"But I want to be put out of my misery!"
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Animals asking to be put out of their misery and being serious is a bit disturbing. But how much more horrifying would it be if they figured out they could do it THEMSELVES. :o
VeryAngryDeer

Post by VeryAngryDeer »

Frank wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:32 pm
I've been wondering since we saw the cow how that works

"Eh, it's volunteer time, McDonalds has another big order"
"Me! Me! Pick me!"
"We've been through this, Bessy, you're dairy"
"But I want to be put out of my misery!"
Maybe, like in The Restaurant At The End Of The Universe, humans bred a cow that wants to be eaten.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If this universe starts breeding animals whose soul wish is to be EATEN by humans that would be really horrifying. :o