Chat Thread 43: Good Ol' ArcWolves' Club (Voting's hard,OK?)

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Buster
Game Master

Re: Chat Thread 43: Good Ol' ArcWolves' Club (Voting's hard,

Post by Buster »

wait, usually the peeling starts before the itching, not after... at least for me.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

That’s how it works with me, too.
Dayzee: Can you see a doctor or dermatologist about it? Might not be a bad idea if it doesn’t clear up soon.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm going to do that if it still is like that but my sunburns (if that is what they are) are starting to clear up now.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

That's good. It's probably gonna go away but it's a good idea to be safe if it won't go away!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Though now on my legs whenever it is the wind blowing on them, I feel little sharp pokes and they are very itchy. And that is where I didn't get sunburned. Maybe I have born sunburns and a rash. :/
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

No blistering yet?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I don't get blisters. Usually I just peel.

Though I showed my mother a sunburn I had gotten on my knee and she is wondering if I am allergic to the sun. :\
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

That might be a good question to raise at a check up. Sorry for your difficulties, Amazee.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

I've heard of people who have that type of light sensitivity. It is indeed a good idea to ask questions with your doctor.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well my doctor is currently on leave until July so I have to wait until AFTER that in order to get an appointment unless I go to urgent care.
SergeiTheFox

Post by SergeiTheFox »

Sleet wrote:I miss shows of any variety actually coming to town. :P Though I did get to see Kamelot in Des Moines which was pretty fun.
Ooh, how'd they do? I've never seen any of Kamelot's live performances.
oh hey look more text

now it looks pretty

and slanted uwu

I check this profile like once a year or so, so if you need to reach me I'm on telegram @awootimestwo
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

D-Rock wrote:I've heard of people who have that type of light sensitivity. It is indeed a good idea to ask questions with your doctor.
That's a pair of really good points, D-Rock! First of all, doctors are really bad at guessing so, take it from a geezer, bringing a little list of "events" to your annual check-up is a good idea.

Second, light sensitivity is often a symptom of other problems - like migraines - especially if you have some neurological conditions to begin with. Again, worth a question or two. ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Turns out it WAS just sunburns because now I'm starting to peel and my legs which I thought had rashes were just overly hot from me sitting outside.
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

Saddest Anime Death Scene: the Grunty in .hack//SIGN
It was just so adorable but it died, it's like they know how to make people cry.
HOW COULD THEY DO SUCH A THING!
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I really don't cry at sad movies which sometimes makes me worry that I'm some sort of psychopath but the closest that made me sad was in DBZ uncensored when Mr. Robot died protecting Gohan.

I probably should get back into DBZ since it has my personal favorite feature in television shows: muscular guys. XD
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

There was a popular song long ago, "Sad Movies Always Make Me Cry." At the price of movies today, it's the bum fliks that give me the weeps...
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

So I just found out two pieces of information that is really making me feel helpless. A) I have 18 more classes I need to take to get my degree. B) They aren't on the local campus and on the campus at the OTHER side of the city. I can't help but think that I am so SCREWED right now. :cry:
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

You just gotta travel more, right?
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

And waste more money for gas which I don't have so my mother is gonna have to shell out. I drive a tiny-*** Beetle. They run out of gas surprisingly quickly if I'm going across town.

That's why I'm even more of a burden to my poor mother.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Maybe some one at your current school will have to transfer, too, and you could car pool... ?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I will look into that but I don't think its that likely.
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

Would it be possible to take some of those classes online?
With the right community, getting into a webcomic at the beginning of a brand new arc can feel just as enjoyable and rewarding as being there from the beginning.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Looked into it and none of them are available. My only hope is to get into a life coach program and hope they can help me with getting a job and schooling.
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

Dang. From my experience with having to switch colleges multiple times, I do know that credits for classes are more often than not transferable. Have you considered taking some of your classes from an online university, getting a transcript from them for those classes, and then using that transcript to transfer said credits to your main college?
With the right community, getting into a webcomic at the beginning of a brand new arc can feel just as enjoyable and rewarding as being there from the beginning.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm not sure if that would work since the college I am in now is a community college and I am not sure credits from a totally different university that is online and may be in another state that they are based could be carried over.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

worth asking.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:So I just found out two pieces of information that is really making me feel helpless. A) I have 18 more classes I need to take to get my degree. B) They aren't on the local campus and on the campus at the OTHER side of the city. I can't help but think that I am so SCREWED right now. :cry:
These 18 credits - are they for your major or just Gen. Eds.?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Major. Though I am trying to call to make an appointment to see if I can get a job in the field without having to take all the classes.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

That's a lot of time and money wasted if you can't do the last bits you need for your major. Maybe you can save up a little money to make it work later if need be, after getting some work experience.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm hoping for the work experience if it is possible for me to get it. I can't get it on my own though. Who knew you had to be so qualified to become a secretary? O_O
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Does your school have a "career counseling service"? They can often find avenues and alternatives that academics and other administrators wouldn't know.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That is the person that I am trying to make an appointment with but I keep on playing phone tag with her.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Maddening, ain't it? You know, what's worked for me on occasions is to show up at the office early and let it be known I'm staying until I get to see so-and-so. It's a little pushy but when you're actually there, you're polite but insistent, and they're a standard "God-save-the-Routine" minded office, someone's gonna help you.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I don't think I could do that because I am not that confrontational in real life. Anyway I sent her an e-mail so we will see how that goes.
Zesortinge

Post by Zesortinge »

Whenever there is a conversation going on in a room, and I try to say something after the conversation seems to be finished, there tends to be more to add to the original conversation by someone else, then when it appears that that is done, I try to say what I was planning on saying, only for there to the original conversation, it seems to repeat until I lose the motivation to say what I was planning on saying. Does anyone else feel like this?
I have ideas and I occasionally put them down.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Like rivers, some conversations just seem to have a meandering sort of momentum, not going anywhere in particular but, instead of ending at a point, they sort of spread out like wetland into no particular resolution. Sometimes we just chat because we like the sociability of each others' voices more than the topic. ... or so thinks I.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Whenever I have a conversation with someone, I have a bad habit of rambling and going off-topic when talking about a subject or just keep repeating my points in much the same but long-winded way.
Zesortinge

Post by Zesortinge »

Dayzee, I keep looking briefly at your current picture thinking it is a near fully green character, then I look closer and see that the character is from Sailor Moon and that I am not seeing the picture correctly.
I have ideas and I occasionally put them down.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

It's not the avatar sizer's fault that Sailor Jupiter ends up coming out really green (which is weird considering that she has a LIGHTNING-affinity.)
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

Your avatar's so small that the colors in the avatar always make me think at a glance, that it's something from the end of Gurren Lagann, where the main characters' final robot is decked out in deep red and nearly-neon-green.

Also, I've been meaning to ask: Is there a pre-existing thread where we can discuss anime & manga that we're watching and reading? And if there isn't, is it okay if I make one?