HousepetZ: Survivor Tails

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

NHWestoN

Re: HousepetZ: Survivor Tails

Post by NHWestoN »

There's a lot to be said for a good pie fight..... ;)
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

What is with y'all and pie-fights? :lol:
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Think of a pie-fight as a non-app originated, post-vehicular transportational pastry local redistribution system. It's easier that way. ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I might be a little bit too much into it and I have been told to stop bringing it up in public so I can't comment anymore. :ugeek:
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Yup, that's sorta Dayzee's thing.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Not really anymore in public. :oops:
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

I wasn't complaining, mind you :) I mean, I could write one but I'd probably do a separate fan-fic that'd make more sense to include one (meaning not a zombie one hehe)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I have ideas but I'm not gonna hijack the topic for them.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Apologies for the wait. Been planning out how I want this arc to go as it does involve alot of new backstories and such...along with multiple redoings of the ending (No joke, the first ending would've made everyone mad and that's something I'm trying to avoid).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Does it end with Sasha being killed off and then her death being handwaved? A lot of people would hate that and want to see Sasha be redeemed.

Right after being the crap out of Keene. XD
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Does it end with Sasha being killed off and then her death being handwaved? A lot of people would hate that and want to see Sasha be redeemed.

Right after being the crap out of Keene. XD
Well...I won't spoil anything but I'll just say the one ending? Fox wasn't going to make it. As for being handwaved, that is something I'm striving to avoid :)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yeah I would be one of the people that would be ****** if Fox didn't get a happy ending.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Yeah I would be one of the people that would be ****** if Fox didn't get a happy ending.
Well, the newest ending I got does give him a happy(ish) ending of sorts but, as I said, I want to make sure this ends right as I want this to be, truly, THE last arc of HousepetZ
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I found that when it comes to wanting to give characters a happy ending at the end of a story, it is best to leave no loose ends untied. XD
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I found that when it comes to wanting to give characters a happy ending at the end of a story, it is best to leave no loose ends untied. XD
True, I hate leaving any untied loose ends.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Not sure the world is ready for Fox as a "winner". ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

It is because he's been waiting long enough and I demand it.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Housepets: Revengencedetta
Chapter 2: Where To Begin?

"...look, all I'm saying is that, going by the current slate of films, the next major villain Marvel will do is probably the Sinister Six...No, they can't do Doctor Doom as he is still tied in with the Fantastic 4 and I don't think they'll do any films with them until later...Look, I love to stay on the phone and chat more with you but I gotta get back to work now...Yeah, I'll let them know you said Hi...Right...Bye...click..."
"Who was that? Peanut?" Kevin, arriving at Fox's desk, ask, to which he responds "Nah, Mungo. He just wanted to check in and see how we're doing and discuss Marvel movies."
"Ok...how is he?" Kevin then asks, referring to his wound he sustained from his encounter with Sasha, which Fox responds that he's doing fine but he is a bit bummed that he can't come to work as he does feel fine and, while agreeing with him, Kevin does add that it's more for a precautionary thing.
"Anyway, Ralph assigned us together to look into Sasha and see if there's anything that could possibly explain why she is the way she is right now..." though before he could even finish, Fox interrupted by asking "Wasn't she last seen with you?" Kevin, taken a bit aback by that, does nod and tells him that the last time he saw her was on their last date together when he broke up with her.
"Why did you break up with her anyway?" Fox inquires, "You two were a cute couple and, for the most part, inseparable."
"That's the thing," explained Kevin, "We were TOO inseparable. It got to the point where she was the only thing on my mind 24/7 which affected my work output, not to mention by normal life. It was after I failed to file that one report that I made the choice to break up with her as...well I feel I'm not mentally ready for a girlfriend." Fox, while finding his reasoning a bit on the odd side, nodded in understanding before asking "You think that's why Sasha...is going postal? I mean, she already killed her owner and who knows how many other people she killed during the whole zombie thing AND she attempted to murder Keene that day so...for all we know you breaking up with her was probably the pebble that started the avalanche." Kevin shrugged as, while it seemed plausible, he was also thinking that there was probably more to this whole situation then meets the eye but they needed to get all possible reasons on file and determine which one would probably be the most logical. Fox then asked "Well..what you suggest we do now?" After a moment of thinking, Kevin replied that "We should probably head over to Sasha's old house and see if there's anything we missed during our initial sweep of the place."
"Surprised the place wasn't picked clean during the initial attacks, let alone destroyed." Fox added which Kevin nodded and added "We should also head back to Daisy's mansion and check out that Humvee Kix brought her back in as she told us that was actually Sasha's own vehicle, along with the bike..." though before Kevin could finish, Fox raised a paw and said "Let me save us a trip" and looked over to two K9 officers coming out of the break room chatting with each other. One was a husky named Hallie, who's been on the force as long as Kevin has, and beside her was one of their newest members, a domesticated fox named Nick who joined a month after the cure to the zombie fiasco was distributed. They were chatting about one of Hallie's last cases when Fox got their attention and motioned them over.
"What's up, Fox?" Hallie asked which Fox answered "I need you two to head over to this address and investigate two vehicles that are there, both belong to Sasha Hartford." Looking over the address, Hallie recognized it as Daisy's and nodded then asked "What are we looking for? Anything in particular?"
"Anything, to be perfectly honest," Kevin then replied, "Notebooks, weapons, computers, anything. Whatever you find, I want you to call either me or Fox here and report your findings then we'll go from there, OK?" Both Hallie and Nick nodded and, with a salute, walked out of the station to their vehicle (a recent law, in response to what happened during Z-Day, has allowed the K9 units to drive specially built vehicles) and headed towards Daisy's Mansion while Fox and Kevin, since it was a nice day, walked over to Sasha's old house.

Arriving at the house, which still had police tape over the door, both Kevin and Fox entered the now devoid of all life Hartford House and began their investigation, with Kevin checking the upstairs while Fox focused on the downstairs (Oddly, the house had no basement or storm cellar) with the goal of finding anything useful in the investigation as to why Sasha is, well, a psycho killer. Checking about the living room, Fox was a bit surprised to see that most all of the drawers were picked clean, no doubt Sasha was trying to prevent anyone from finding anything out for some reason, though there were some pictures left and these made Fox raise an eyebrow. For while he recognized the owner and Sasha in some of the pics, there was one picture with someone he did not recognize at all, a female that looked to be about the same age as Sasha's owner.
"Hey, Kevin" Fox spoke into his walkie-talkie, "Do you know if Sasha's owner had a wife or anything?"
"Not that I'm aware of, to be honest" Kevin replied, who was looking through said owner's room, "Why, you find something?"
"Well, I found some pics here and one had a female I didn't recognize nor did I ever seen before...probably his girlfriend." Fox answered, leading Kevin to reply with a chuckle "Knowing the owner was a drunk, I'm surprised he even got one" which lead Fox to chuckle before returning back to the search. Kevin, meanwhile, was looking through the drawers of the owner when he stumbled across something odd..."Adoption papers?" Kevin thought as he looked them over, "Sasha never told me she was adopted...I always assumed she was born here..." Grabbing his phone from his side-pouch, he dials HQ and waits for a pickup, in this case picking up the phone was Mason, another German Shepherd K9.
"K9 Mason, how may I help?" he answers, which Kevin replies "Mason? It's Kevin."
"Kevin! What's up?" Mason asks, putting the book he was reading (which was Hogfather) down on his desk as he was on break at the moment.
"I need you to do me a favor. We're investigating the whole Sasha thing and I came across some adoption papers here at the house and I need you to get me the address of The Happy Hounds Adoption Agency." Kevin answered, still looking over the papers.
"Just a moment," the sound of clicking keyboards then faintly came through the phone, which ended after a few seconds as Mason returned and said "Looks like the place is in River Ridge near the...GamersUnited Store. You need directions?"
"Nah, I know where that store is. Thanks." Kevin replied before hanging up. Looking back at the papers, Kevin knew that while these probably won't help in anyway, it may lead to some insight into her past. Heading out of the room, he started to head downstairs when he spotted Fox coming out of Sasha's room, which was curious as he told him to inspect downstairs.
"Fox?" Kevin asked as Fox made his way towards him, "I thought you were checking downstairs, why are you up here?"
"I was but, other then that picture, I didn't find anything. Sasha must've picked the place clean before she left," Fox explained, "So I figured I check her room again to see if there was anything...you missed but I didn't find anything. How about you?" Kevin showed him the papers and told him they'll be heading there now to follow-up on this lead and were about ready to leave when Fox's phone went off....
"Hello?" Fox answered.
"Fox? It's Nick."
"Nick! You two find anything?"
"Other then a few blades, a shotgun, pistols, revolvers, and...*Hallie! What was the other gun? Thanks!*...an M16A4 Rifle...not much."
"How about electronics?"
"Well...*Found a laptop!*...Hold on, Hallie just found her laptop...*Is it password encrypted?*...*No!*...*All right, see if you can find anything on it!*...Yeah, we're checking the laptop now, I'll call back if we find anything."
"Right, I'll be waiting for the call." Fox answered before hanging up. Fox turned back to Kevin and told him what Nick and Hallie found and that they'll call back if they find anything, which Kevin nodded before they both left the house and drove over to the adoption agency in River Ridge.
"What puzzles me the most," Kevin said to Fox as they backed out of the driveway, "Is that there's a name on these papers I don't recognize..'Kyrie'...think she's related in someway to Sasha?" to which Fox just shrugged as even he didn't recognize the name....
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Love what you have set up in this chapter so far! It really is all heating up!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Double break-throughs on the K9 force - a female officer and a non-canine. Jest a thought there, Rick …. jest a thought, sir...... :)
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

NHWestoN wrote:Double break-throughs on the K9 force - a female officer and a non-canine. Jest a thought there, Rick …. jest a thought, sir...... :)
Which the fox was a sly reference to a movie ;)
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

HousepetZ: Revengencedetta
Chapter 3: One Foot On The Pedal...

After a quick stop at a local fast-food place for some lunch, both Kevin and Fox arrived at The Happy Hounds Adoption Agency, one of the more popular adoption places in River Ridge where one can go in and walk out with a new friend for life. But on this day, Kevin and Fox weren't looking for a new friend, but information on an old one. Walking through the automatic doors and into the main lobby, with a nearby TV playing the classic film Uncle Buck, the duo walked up to the desk where the receptionist was busy finishing up a level of Commander Keen as she was on break at the moment.
"Excuse me?" Kevin spoke, getting the lady's attention who, pausing the game, turned her attention towards the two officers and, with a smile on her face, replied "How may I help you two officers, today?"
"We're wondering if you would happen to have any info on a previous adoption from here," Fox asked as Kevin handed the lady the papers they found at the Hartford residence. Taking the papers in hand, she excuses herself for one moment and checks her computer and, after a few moments, returns to them, "Yes, we used to have a Kyrie here. Sweet lil' puppy, had this cutest lil' heart shaped mark on her..." before she could continue, however, Kevin raised a paw and interrupted, "Apologies, but that sounds a lot like Sasha Hartford...are they related some how?"
"Oh no," the lady replied while taking a sip from her soda, "The person who adopted her...uh Gordon Hartford, asked if he can get her name changed as it reminded him too much of pain..."
"I wonder if Kyrie was the name of that woman I saw in that picture" Fox thought before asking if Sasha was always as sweet as she claimed, which the lady confirmed but added that "After she was adopted..it was weird I saw her on the sidewalk one day and she had her cheery smile, but there was something...off about it."
"What do you mean?" Kevin asked as his head tilted a bit.
"Well, there was a smile there, but it didn't seem real. Like it was a forced smile to hide something. I tried to stop and talk to her, but Gordon, who I could tell was drunk, yelled for her and she rushed in with a smile..." as the receptionist continued, both Fox's and Kevin's heart began to sank as they learned more and more about Sasha's youth and the troubling fact that there might be some abuse from her owner that lead to her current state. The lady then snapped them back to reality as she asked "I hope you don't mind me asking but...did something happen to her?"
"Well...she was tried a few months ago for the murders of both Simon and Duke Milton, along with the murder of her owner Gordon...but Keene Milton asked for the charges to be dropped and asked that she be put in community service working for him and a special ankle bracket. Unfortunately, she escaped and knocked out one of our officers and we fear she may be going after the last three of the Miltons. We're trying to figure out why she is how she is and hopefully stop her." Kevin explained, leading to the receptionist to look down in sadness. Here was this cute little puppy she helped raise now a wanted killer...she never imagined something like this would happen. Slinking back in her chair, she looks towards the two officers and said "Does that mean that you'll probably have to...kill her?" Kevin shook his head, though even he wasn't sure, and replied "We hope not as we plan on bringing her in safely...but if push does end up coming to shove...we may have to." The receptionist nodded, "..sorry I couldn't be much help, officers..." Both Kevin and Fox nodded and said their goodbyes. As they made their way to the entrance, however, their radios suddenly went off..."ALL-AVAILABLE-UNITS-WE-HAVE-A-POSSIBLE-246-ON-NORTH-STREET-IN-RIVER-RIDGE-REPEAT-POSSIBLE-246-ALL-AVAILABLE-UNITS-PLEASE-RESPOND" Both of them knew what that meant and, since said area was only a short distance from where they were, Kevin answered saying that they are on their way and both rushed out to their car and raced down the road, sirens blaring. The receptionist, meanwhile, just sat in her chair before looking over her shoulder at the Adopted Wall, where pictures of all the pets that were adopted hung, and focused in on the one in the lower right corner. Said picture was of a young pup with a heart on their leg, in the arms of her new owner.
"What happened to you, Kyrie?" The receptionist thought while looking at the picture, a tear running down her cheek...
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I am really enjoying each chapter of the story! Nice job!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Chapter 4: ...One Paw In The Grave

"Please stand back everyone!" K9 Officer Kojack, a Mastiff, tells the crowd while the other officers and medical personal deal with the aftermath of the earlier drive-by as both Kevin and Fox drive up and walk over to the crime scene, while showing their badges to the officer in charge.
"What happened?" Kevin asks the officer, one K9 Officer O'Donnell, a German Shepherd-Wolf-Mix, who in turn tells them "Well, this car here was stopped at the red light and motorcycle of some kind, one of the bystanders said it was a Harley, drove up slowly and opened fire on the limo with an SMG, shattering two of the windows. The passenger has a few wounds and cuts but the driver was killed immediately."
"Did anyone get a good look at the assailant?" Kevin then asks which O'Donnell shrugs and replies "Not really. Most we got was that the shooter had a black leather jacket, black jeans, and a black helmet..."
"Really went for grim reaper look, didn't they?" Fox quipped causing O'Donnell to chuckle and add "The only noticeable thing worth mentioning was that someone said they saw a small tail, about the size of my paw here, but that's it."
"Think it was Sasha?" Fox then asks to which Kevin replies "Could be...who was in the car?"
"Uh, one Rock Milton." O'Donnell replies. As soon as they heard the name, though, both Kevin and Fox sighed as they knew the shooter was, indeed, Sasha. Thanking the officer for his time, Kevin walked over to the ambulance where Rock was being treated for his wounds while Fox headed to the car to investigate it further. Sitting in the ambulance with his arm bandaged up, Rock Milton, film maker who had just finished shooting a documentary about the whole events of the zombie epidemic, sat there as Kevin entered the van.
"Kevin," Rock said, sounding surprised, "Didn't expect to see you today."
"Well, didn't expect to see you at all, seeing as no one knew where you've been these past few years." Kevin replied causing Rock to chuckle and explain that he kept his phone off the whole time he was filming as he needed to focus on his documentary, which he adds became a huge hit when it aired. His tone then went from happiness to sadness as he asks "Do you have any idea who decided to take a shot at me?" Kevin's heart sank as he answered that he does and that it was Sasha.
"Sasha?!" Rock was flabbergasted, "What did I ever do to make her mad?!" which led Kevin to explain all the events that happened in Babylon Gardens the past few years, from the start of the outbreak to Keene Milton making a deal with the wrong person and renaming himself Osiris. All Rock could do was just sit there and listen as he knew it was bad here but he didn't know it was this bad. But his heart sank further then Kevin when he was informed that Sasha had already killed his two brothers Simon and Duke and they feared that she'll be going after the remaining Miltons, which included Pit, Lana, Keene, and Rock himself.
"I just..." Rock couldn't believe what he heard, "But why me? I had nothing to do with any of this."
"We don't know why she's going after either you, Pit, and Lana, to be honest," Kevin answered, "With Keene, we do know but he already apologized and we were able to confirm he was under control of some kind. But it seems she didn't care as she did take a shot at Keene when she first was returned here. He survived of course...but still..." Rock, as Kevin spoke, just sat there, his heart racing like never before as feelings of both anger and sadness entered his body. Looking back at Kevin, he sighed before asking "Anyway I can get some police protection until you guys catch her?" Kevin nodded and explained they have the other three under protection and will be giving him one as well before excusing himself to meet up with Fox, who was already back at their car. Though before he left, Kevin turned to Rock once more and told him "Well in happier news, Lana's married."
"Oh really?" Rock perked up, "Who's the lucky guy?"
"Remember Jata?"
"No way!" Rock exclaimed, "Didn't think those two would be a couple...well when I'm all better I'll most certainly give her a call!" Kevin chuckled and walked over to their car and Fox, who in turn tells him "We need to get back to the station."
"Why?" Kevin asks as he started the engine.
"I just got a call from Ralph, he wants us to give him an update as to what we found." Fox told him to which Kevin nodded and drove to the station.

Meanwhile, across town at one of the local gun shops, a black leather clad figure removes their helmet, picks up two duffel bags they had, and enters the store. Walking towards the counter, where the owner was looking through one of their latest catalogs, the figure taps on their shoulder to get their attention.
"Hm? May I help you?" The owner asks to which the figure, Sasha, tells him, "I need some weapons..." The owner chuckles as he knew that's why people come to his store and asks if there was anything in particular she needed which Sasha nodded and began:
"The Taurus Raging Bull and a Beretta 92" was the first weapon she wanted...
"The SR-25 Rifle" was the second...
"Two MP7's" were the third...
"And the USAS-12 Auto Shotgun" was the last. The owner, oddly none the wiser, handed her each weapon as she requested them and as she asked for the last, he then asked if she needed any accessories and ammo, to which she said yes to the ammo but the only accessories she wanted was "A 24x Scope for the Rifle, compensator and suppressor for the Beretta, and drum magazines for the USAS-12" With everything handed to her, the owner was about to say the price before Sasha dumped all of the one duffel bag's contents onto the counter, which in this case was 80 million in cash (This was only 5% of all the money she stole from Simon and Duke when she raided their house a few years back) before placing the the weapons and ammunition into the bag and walking out with both bags (the other duffel bag of money was there just in case she needed to bribe), placing them on the bike, plopping her helmet on, and driving off to parts unknown. The owner just stood there, staring at the money and wondering what just happened...before realizing that the person who came in was, indeed, Sasha. He quickly dashed for the phone but before he could even touch one of the buttons, he suddenly dropped to the ground, motionless. For behind him was Sasha and she wasn't happy.
"Sorry," she quipped as she placed the gun back in her newly acquired holster, "I forgot something" before walking out the back door and driving off in the owners car. She knew they would be looking for the bike she acquired (as her main one was still at Daisy's), so she grabbed the owner's keys off his corpse, placed both duffel bags in the car, and took off, all the while thinking "Eye for an eye...tooth for a tooth...blood for blood...The Miltons will die...for I am the Grim Reaper."
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yeah at this point I'm pretty sure Sasha is headed for a heart stick.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Yeah at this point I'm pretty sure Sasha is headed for a heart stick.
A what?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Euthanasia. That is if somebody else doesn't kill her first since there is no way she can live or be redeemed after that. I'm putting my money on her getting killed somehow because I can't see any HP! fanfic, even one as dark as this one basically judicially executing someone.

Though I don't know if they do heart sticks anymore.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Euthanasia. That is if somebody else doesn't kill her first since there is no way she can live or be redeemed after that. I'm putting my money on her getting killed somehow because I can't see any HP! fanfic, even one as dark as this one basically judicially executing someone.

Though I don't know if they do heart sticks anymore.
Ah that what it is. My googling of that term gave me lollipops in the shape of hearts.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yeah I wish. Off-topic but the way they do it now is probably injecting it into a vein. Though once again, no matter how dark this gets, I just cannot imagine Sasha strapped to a gurney waiting to be put to death. I doubt Rick would want his characters in a story that goes that dark. XD
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Yeah I wish. Off-topic but the way they do it now is probably injecting it into a vein. Though once again, no matter how dark this gets, I just cannot imagine Sasha strapped to a gurney waiting to be put to death. I doubt Rick would want his characters in a story that goes that dark. XD
O.O Well I ain't going THAT dark O.O I already know how this tale ends (and you kind of already guessed it though it takes elements from a purposed ending to a purposed Road Rovers series I want to do) but I can assure you I ain't going with injections (I hate needles in general)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Then Sasha better enjoy all of this while she can. She has one more life then its night night forever. :mrgreen:
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Chapter 5: 10-0

"You've been quiet, Fox" Kevin inquires as they drove to the station, "Penny for your thoughts?"
"Just been thinking about Sasha, truth be told" a solemn Fox replies as he stares out the window, "I just been trying to figure out why she turned into a beast. She used...well she was kind of a nut, to be fair, but she was a lovable nut. Now...it's like she's not there anymore." Kevin just kept focused on the road as his mind was already made up about her, but he did understand what Fox was talking about as he responded with "I don't know what to tell you, other then the Sasha that's doing this is not the one we knew" Fox could only nod as, while he didn't want to believe that, it was beginning to sound pretty true to him. He just could not wrap his head around the fact that Sasha, one of the nicest dogs in Babylon Gardens, was now a wanted killer.
"You think we will have to kill her?" Fox asked which took Kevin off-guard a little bit, "Well...I mean I hope not. Granted, she did escape from custody, knocked out Mungo, and attempted to kill Rock, which did lead to the death of his driver, but killing her? Unless she does anything really drastic or...succeeds in killing one of the Miltons, our job is to bring her in alive and let the jury decide what to do with her."
"Which means she'll probably get the death penalty or, best case scenario, few or so years in prison" Fox responded, some of the grief easing off him as, truth be told, he didn't want to kill Sasha at all.
"Well, we'll have to see what happens," Kevin respond, patting Fox on the shoulder as they pulled into the station's parking lot, "I'm just hoping we find her before anything else happens."

Inside the station, Ralph was busy finishing up some paperwork in regards to a incident earlier that day involving a squriell, coffee, and a very angry Japanese chef. The whole time he was writing this out, he had to keep his laughter in check as this whole incident was, without a doubt, the funniest thing he had ever seen and heard and will probably be one he'll remember for years on end. As he finished the last part, he saw both Kevin and Fox entering the station and heading towards his office.
"Hey guys," he said, all three saluting each other, "Heard what happened a while ago. How's Rock?"
"He's doing fine," Kevin replied as they entered Ralph's Office, "Just some scratches on his body from the shattered glass, nothing major."
"That's good," Ralph replied, "I was worried he got killed." As they sat down, Ralph then asked for any updates on the Sasha case, to which both Kevin and Fox told him everything they got so far, from the fact Sasha was adopted and that she was originally named Kyrie before her owner changed it to Sasha for reasons unknown to them.
"But nothing as to why she's suddenly become some sort of killer?" Ralph asked to which Kevin shook his head while Fox said "Well I have a theory: Maybe she was abused by her owner? I mean, sure, this all happened after Kevin broke up with her, but maybe her owner abused her somehow and it was building up in her and all it took was the break-up to snap her?" Ralph shrugged and said, "It's a good theory, but there's not any evidence to back that up."
"What do you mean?" Kevin's head tilted as Ralph explained "Well, when you guys left, I had Giovanni do some looking at her owner's criminal record and he told me there was nothing. He was perfectly clean. No calls of abuse, no violence, no nothing. If there was any, it was sadly never reported to us or River Ridge."
"So...we're back at square one?" Fox asked, feeling a bit frustrated.
"Not necessarily," Ralph said, "On a hunch, I asked him to look into Sasha and, surprisingly, there was one thing she had on her criminal record. It appears she did steal a few bottles of beer from a local store a few years back, which normally wouldn't get her much then a small fine, but she ended up scracthing the owner so she served some minor jail time, in this case a day." Fox and Kevin was a bit surprised at this evidence but wondered what Ralph was getting at, who went on to say, "Well, we think this may be why she is doing what she's doing. She may have gotten a taste for blood from that day and wants to continue it. Either that or, as I'm starting to think, she had all this rage built up in her from her home life and...well, hate to say this, but Kevin breaking up with her may have just been the spark that started the countdown..." Suddenly, Fox remembered one small detail that King once told him, "Actually, there may have been one more spark: I recall one day I was talking with King as I was visiting him, his wife, and his pups, and we got on the subject of Sasha...which is when he told me that her owner used to lock her out of the house for some reason...when we went to check the house, the front door was locked but the backdoor seemed to have been broken into..." Ralph sighed as Fox told him what King said, which led him to say "So it was probably her owner that started her spiral downward...dang." Ralph leaned back in his chair and was silent for a few seconds before turning to the two and telling them "Stay on the case and be on the look out for Sasha...we need to stop..."
"Hey, Sargent!" K9 Officer Kennedy, a sheepdog and fellow Sergant, came rushing to the office, "We just had a killing at a gun store in River Ridge. A witness said the killer matched the description of the motorcyclist who took a shot at Rock earlier today! I got some K9's heading there now!"
"Right, you head down to meet them there and let me know what you find, OK?" Ralph ordered which Kennedy saluted and ran out the station, while Ralph turned back to Kevin and Fox and told them "Double your efforts to find and stop her, dismissed!" Fox and Kevin salued and left the office to their car. Outside, as they approached the car, Fox's stomach suddenly growled.
"You getting hungry?" Kevin asked with a chuckle.
"Yeah..." Fox replied, blushing a bit, "Want to stop for lunch quickly before we get back on the case?"
"Sounds good, to be honest" Kevin responded though before he could recommend a good place to eat....
*BANG!*
"Whoa! What was...FOX!" Kevin shouted, seeing Fox on the ground gasping in pain. Grabbing his radio, he quickly shouts "I GOT A 10-0 AT THE STATION! I REPEAT: 10-0 AT THE STATION!"
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Oooh! Now things are really starting to get incredibly dangerous! Can't wait to see where this leads! Nor can I wait to see who shot Fox!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Chapter 6: Officer Down But Not Out

"WE ARE REPORTING LIVE FROM BABYLON GARDEN'S POLICE STATION WHERE, TEN MINUTES AGO, A MEMBER OF THE K9 OFFICER WAS SHOT AND SEVERALLY WOUNDED BY AN UNKNOWN ASSAILANT USING WHAT APPEARED TO BE A HIGH-POWERED SNIPER RIFLE. POLICE HAVE NOT RELEASED ANY MORE DETAILS AT THIS TIME..."...*click*..."Hmmph," Sasha grumbled as she took a swig of cola, "Should've went for the head but the idiot had to lean down to get in that car." Truthfully, Fox was not on her kill-list as she was mostly focused on the Miltons, but when she saw them that day leaving the adoption place, she knew they were looking into her past so she needed to stop them so they wouldn't interfere with her in anyway. Lowering the volume on the TV so it wouldn't be distracting but could still hear it in case anything of importance popped up, she walked over to her weapon stash, consisting mainly of the gear she bought from the gun store, and double checked everything while deciding on what to bring when she goes after her first target, which in this case was going to be Pit. Thinking a sniper would be best, she grabbed the rifle and was starting to check it over when a news bulletin catches her attention and a bit of anger..."DUE TO THE RECENT STRAND OF VIOLENCE AND THREATS TO THE LIVES OF BOTH HE AND HIS FAMILY, PIT HAS DECIDED TO POSTPONE TONIGHT'S WWE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE OR UNTIL THE THREAT IS CAPTURED..."
"Crap...Crap...CRAP!" Sasha shouted, slamming her fist against the wall, "I don't even know where that tube snake lives so I can't just go to their house!" At this point, Sasha was furious as her plan was slowly becoming unraveled to the point of nonexistence. At this point she needed a miracle to pull of the kills..."Wait..." an idea soon came to Sasha, "When I was in that room they lovingly called a prison, I recall two of them saying Lana was married to Jata...and I also remember hearing they have a house in Babylon Gardens..." the idea then became something dark as a smile crossed her face, "If I find out where they live, then I can take Lana...looks like the reaper got lucky." She then chuckled before returning to the weapons table and grabbing the right tools for the job to come.

"How is he doing, doc?" Kevin asked as he looked in at Fox, who was laying on the bed, asleep. Doctor Martin, the doc overseeing him, replied "I'm just surprised he survived. He took a good shot to the stomach and there was some internal bleeding but we got it stopped in time so, in a couple of days he'll be up walking again."
"Did you manage to find out what type of round hit him?" Kevin asked to which the doc replied, "I just got the results back from forensics. The round was a 7.62×51mm NATO round." Kevin was surprised at that as usually one hit from one of those rounds is enough to drop anyone in a signal shot.
"Well, if anyone was to survive that shot, it would be Fox there. I seen him survive much worse." Kevin said as he looked in on Fox. Turning to leave, he looked back at the doc and had one request, "Say, when he wakes up, let me know, OK? I still owe him a lunch."
"Will do, officer." Doctor Martin answer as Kevin made his way back to the front lobby where Ralph was waiting.
"So? How is he?" Ralph asked, to which Kevin assured him he was going to make it, which gave Ralph some relief as he didn't want to write out a death report for a fellow officer and friend.
"What are we going to do about Sasha now?" Kevin then asked, "She almost killed Rock and, if time wasn't on our side, would've succeeded in killing Fox, which would've mean she would've killed an officer..."
"I know what you mean" Ralph said with a sigh, "I mean...worst case scenario, she gets put to death but best case is life in prison...but right now, I have no clue. Most we can do is to continue to look for her but, even then, I haven't even the faintest idea as to where to look."
"Once again, we're...hey isn't that Jata out there?" Kevin's attention was suddenly alerted to a frantic looking Jata rushing into to hospital. Earlier, he was going to the station but when he heard about what happened, he decided to rush to the hospital instead.
"Jata?" Ralph asked, trying to calm him down, "Is something wrong?" Trying to catch his breath, Jata tells them what was wrong and what he told them was everything they feared..."It's my wife...Sasha took her! Look!" He handed them a note that read the following:

YOU WILL FIND US AT MY OWNER'S OLD HOME!
AGREE TO MY DEMANDS OR LANA DIES LIKE THE COWARD SHE IS!
YOU HAVE 24 HOURS!
~SASHA

Ralph stared at the note as anger built up in him. Looking at Jata, he tells him without a shadow of a doubt "We'll get your wife back alive." before turning to Kevin, who was already heading out the hospital doors..."Kevin! What are you doing?" Looking back, Kevin simply remarks "I'm going to end this once and for all. Kyrie is going to pay for this." before walking through the now opened doors, getting into his car, and rushing off, sirens blaring. Ralph, meanwhile, made a call to the station and told Officer Conner "Get as many officers as you can and tell Kix to get her crew geared up: We're going after Sasha and we're going now!" before turning to three of the humans officers inside the hospital, along with Jata, and shouting "You, you, and you! Follow me, let's go! Jata, get in my car. When we get there, I want you to stay in the car. I don't want you getting hurt." Kevin, meanwhile, was rushing down the highway, dodging traffic and the like on his way to the Hartford residence. It was now a race against time to stop her and the only thing in his mind now was putting an end to her, either peacefully or, if it came to it, with her death. Grabbing his phone as, for some reason, he still had Sasha's number (he been meaning to delete it but kept forgetting), he quickly texted her before re-focusing on the road ahead. Across town at the Hartford residence, Sasha feels her phone going off and inspects it, seeing the text from Kevin, whom she renamed a rather unsavory word, that read simply 'I'm coming for you.' A smirk crossed Sasha's face as she placed the phone on the counter, took a look at Lana who was strung up to the ceiling fan, and remarked "Bring it on, dog."
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Oh so that it might be Kevin that ends up taking her down. I hope that he doesn't die to. IDaisy deserves to be happy **** it! :x
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Don't worry, Kevin isn't going to die, I can assure you.

EDIT: Actually a little trivia: The original intro for this chapter was that Fox actually died from the gun shot. I decided not to go that route for obvious reasons.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

You mean you didn't want to get mauled by angry Fox fans? :lol:
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:You mean you didn't want to get mauled by angry Fox fans? :lol:
:lol: Well that too :lol:
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Chapter 7: This Is It

The clock was slowly ticking down as Kevin raced towards the Hartford Residence in an attempt to not only save Lana, but put an end to Sasha's reign of terror. For too long she had killed and got away with literal murder and now her time is up. No turning back the clock was going to save her nor were there be any second chances for her. Kevin himself knew this wouldn't be a walk in the park as even he didn't know how dangerous she was for the most he knew was her somehow knocking out Mungo and the attempted killings of both Keene and Rock Milton, and soon Lana if he didn't get there in time.
"This ends today," Kevin thought, paws grippng the steering wheel tightly and the sirens blaring like never before, "One way or another, this ends today!" As he got closer and closer to the Hartford house. his mind raced back to the early days to when Sasha was no more then a lovable little dog with a voice and touch like an angel. To when they would spend days togther going to park or trying on Halloween costumes. To spending an evening at a local diner with only the finest of food served. Back of his head, he longed for those days again with Sasha but he knew the Sasha that was doing these acts wasn't the one he knew and used to love. No, this Sasha was nothing more then a murderous mutt whose terror needed to end. The question was: How will it end?

Arriving at the house, Kevin pulled into the driveway and got out of the car, heart racing a mile a minute as he looked over the house and figuring it'd be best to go in through the back door instead of the front. Same time, he had a feeling Sasha would be waiting for him so, and with a deep sigh, he popped the vehicle's glove compartment opened and grabbed the sidearm he had stashed there for emergencies: A Model 85 Revolver chambered for five .38 Special rounds. After making sure it was loaded, he slowly made his way to the back door and, with the gun drawn, opened the door and slowly walked into the kitchen, which was devoid of any signs of life. Making his way to the living room, he was a bit surprise to see nothing there either, other then a blood-stained recliner where Sasha's owner once sat, so he proceeded to the bathroom, ignoring the stairs for now, which he noticed the door to said room was closed. Taking a deep breath, he steadied himself and, with all the strength he could muster at that time, kicked the door in and stormed the bathroom, only to find it too was empty.
"Looking for us, dog?" Kevin spun around to see Sasha, holding the revolver she bought from the gun store earlier to Lana's head, standing there with not a grin, but a growl as there wasn't any sign of emotion present on her face. The only emotion that was there, in an audible sense, was that of anger and happiness...Anger that her ex-boyfriend came to the rescue...but happiness as she realized she'd get to kill her ex.
"Sasha, Please..." Kevin, keeping his gun trained on her, "Let Lana go, she had nothing to do with..."
"There you go," Sasha interrupted with rolled eyes, "Defending the ones who signs your checks! They started this whole thing and I'm doing the world a favor by sending them straight to where they all belong, along with any other scum that dares do the world wrong!"
"Sasha, listen to yourself! This isn't you!" Kevin pleaded, his heart now pounding harder then before, "Yes, Keene created the zombie virus...but that was not him! He was...under control by a Rouge Celestial so his will wasn't his own! He already announced he was sorry to the world and has been doing everything he can to rebuild..." though before he could continue, Sasha quickly trained her own revolver at the wall next to Kevin and fired a warning shot, causing Kevin to flinch from the impact on the wall.
"SHUT UP!" She screamed, "PEOPLE LIKE HIM DO NOT DESERVE ANY FORGIVENESS OF ANY KIND!" Re-positioning her gun to Lana's head, who was now in tears and whimpering, Sasha was now angrier then ever before as she added "Now, unless you got that lil' killer with you now, I suggest you make your way out the door you came from and leave me with this soon to be dead Milton member." With a deep breath, Kevin mustered up every ounce of courage he had, looked Sasha dead in her cold eyes, and said without flinching: "I'm not going anywhere, Kyrie." Sasha's ears perked as surprise took her over, "What did you call me?"
"I called you by your real name, Kyrie..." Kevin responded, finger lightly on the trigger, which led Sasha to lower the gun in astonishment before suddenly, much to Kevin's confusion, breaking out in laughter.
"Kevin, Kevin, Kevin," Sasha began, pointing the gun back at Lana, "Looks like you were doing some digging into my past. Very well, my original name was Kyrie. But you want to know why it's Sasha? Kyrie reminded Daddy too much of that woman he used to date so he had my name changed. But that wasn't all he did, oh no...not only did the name remind him of her, but my looks did as well, along with my happy mood. So, you know what he did? He beat me, he abused me, he even locked me out of the house and threatened even worse to me if I ever did anything out of line. I obeyed him like a good little doggy..but you want to know something? All those years of abuse? It did do something to me: It made me who I am today. Stronger and deadlier. That day you broke up with me? I was going to tell you everything as I was going to get my daddy arrested once and for all...but YOU! YOU had to break up with me cause I, oh, interfered with your work. Pah! If anything, I IMPROVED your work ethic! But NO! YOU thought I was too much of a distraction so you broke up with me to continue being both the K9's and the Milton scum lil' lapdog! And you want to know something? After killing daddy and getting my first taste of blood? It gave me the most amount of happiness I had ever had before! And you know something else I just thought of? Once I kill the Miltons, I'm..."
"SASHA HARTFORD!" a voice suddenly interrupted her little speech as she, and Kevin who smiled once he saw who it was, turned to look out the window, "THIS IS THE BABYLON GARDEN'S POLICE AND K9'S! COME OUT WITH YOUR HANDS UP!"
"You go no where to run, Kyrie" Kevin remarked, refocusing on her, as Sasha growled loudly before snatching Lana up and cocking the revolver's hammer.
"You dirty but clever mutt," Sasha remarked back, "You brought the Milton's personal army...impressive...but stupid, as you always were."

Outside, Ralph was standing behind one of the cars with one of the human officers looking at the house, waiting to see if Sasha comes out or, if push came to shove hard, storm in and take her by force.
"You think Kevin can get through to her?" The one human officer asked Ralph who replied "I don't know. I trust him but...I think Sasha may be too far gone at this point." The officer nodded as he refocused on the house while Ralph walked over to the nearby K9 SWAT Van where Lt. Kix and her squad were waiting.
"Look, we don't know how well armed the suspect is," Ralph told them, "All we do know is that she has a Hostage in the form of Lana Milton and one of our officers is inside right now trying to talk her down. We are not to move in unless the situation calls for it."
"Right. Where do you need us to be in the meantime?" Kix asked to which Ralph replied, oblivious to the fact that another car was coming up behind them and pulling into the driveway next to Kevin's and it's occupant getting out and entering the house via the garage, "There is a backdoor behind the house. Go there and wait for my signal, OK?" Lt. Kix and her crew nodded as they got out of the van and made their way to the back of the house, making sure they weren't seen by Sasha in anyway, as Ralph made his way back to the other officers. As he stood there with the others, all of whom had guns drawn, one of the K9 officers just happened to glance to her left and took notice of something in the driveway...
"Sargent?" The female K9 raised a paw slightly up, "Doesn't that car next to Kevin's cruiser look familiar?" Ralph, looking towards said car, at first didn't recognize it until he saw the license plate...and a wave of confusion crossed him as he thought to himself "What is he doing here?"

Inside, Sasha still had Lana in her grip and the gun pointed at her head while Kevin still had his gun trained on her, the two not moving a signel inch ever since the Police and K9's showed up outside.
"Face it, Kyrie" Kevin remarked again, "You try making a break for it, they will just gun you down.."
"Oh, they won't do jack" Sasha quipped, a sly smile forming on her face, "See, I'm walking out with Lana here in tow. Once they see her, they will HAVE to respond to my demands...and once they do, I'm going to kill ALL the Miltons LIVE on TV for the whole world to see..." As she continued on and unbeknownst to either her, Lana, or Kevin, someone else had entered the house and had taken aim at Sasha, "As for you...well, no one will care if you're dead...But first, put the gun on the floor like a good puppy and place your paws on the back of your head" Kevin, who wanted to pull the trigger right then and now, sighed and dropped the gun and placed his paws on his head. Smiling, Sasha aimed the gun towards Kevin and was just about to pull the trigger when...
*BANG*
"AGH!" She suddenly screamed, dropping Lana to the ground, who quickly ran for the bathroom to hide as Sasha shouted, "Who the heck did that!?" while outside, Ralph heard the shot and shouted into his radio "Kix, get ready to go in on my signal!" Back inside, a voice replied "I did," making Sasha turn around and go "You?!" while Kevin looked on in pure surprise. For standing at the entrance to the kitchen and holding a gun of his own was one Mungo and, for the first time ever in his life, he was angry.
"Well if it isn't the dog with more muscle then brain," Sasha remarked as she looked at Mungo, who's face showed zero emotion, "I knew I should've killed you earlier but now it looks like I get to!" As she readies her gun again, Mungo suddenly fired another round, this one connected with her shoulder and knocking the revolver out of her paws and towards Kevin, who in turn quickly dived for it.
"Grrrr," She growled, "You're good with a gun...let's see if you can dance with knife!" but as she pulled a blade out and was about ready to charge in, her ears picked up the sound of a hammer being cocked, causing her to turn around to find Kevin crouched down, holding her revolver with a face that could scare even The Forgotten.
"Heh, you don't have the guts to pull the trigger, K9 Dog," Sasha remarked, a sly grin forming on her face as she played with her blade, deciding on who to slice first. Kevin, in response, smirked back and replied "That's the thing about us so-called 'K9 Dog's'...We always know when to pull the trigger." With one pull of the trigger, one .44 Magnum round came flying out of the barrel like venom from a snake as it raced towards its intended target, in this case the heart of Sasha Hartford, who was once considered one of the friendliest and nicest dogs in all of Babylon Gardens but was now being called the most vicious and dangerous dog of all time. Sasha gasped as the round hit, knocking her to the floor and, as she gasped her last few seconds of air, she looked towards Kevin and called him the very last insult he would ever hear before become nothing more then a fleeting memory and a life-less corpse. The reign of terror that was once Sasha was over...
"You OK?" Mungo asked, walking over to Kevin, who nodded and, surprisingly, smiled as he replies "I'm fine...honestly? I feel like the whole world just got lifted off my shoulders now." Mungo chuckled as Lana came running out and leaping into his arms, still a bit shaken from the whole ordeal.
"Now now," Mungo assured her, his therapy dog kicking in as he cradled her like a child, "you will be OK. Let's get you back to your husband..." Though before he could continue, Kix and her SWAT team stormed in but stopped at the living room entrance after seeing the Sasha corpse, leading to Kix to go for her radio and tell Ralph "Suspect is down. Both K9's and Hostage are A-OK. I repeat: Hostage and K9's are safe....Suspect is down."
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Wow. That was really dark now. I know this fanfic is dark but that is REALLY dark. But i guess that is the end of Sasha.