HousepetZ: Survivor Tails

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

Nathan Kerbonaut

Re: HousepetZ: Survivor Tails

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

Endgame? Nah, this is the ensemble battle of the decade. And our heroes are victorious! :D
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

One would hope that they would be in the final battle or else that would suck.
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

HousepetZ: Rise Of The Survivors
Chapter 8: Moment Of Truth

"OK, we got the cure...how are we to distribute it?" asked Terrance, "We can't just put it on a body and hope the zombies out there eat it."
"Maybe we could just lure them into an area and inject them?" Kevin suggested but Tarot replied "I'm pretty sure just one of the zombies would be using your body for a nacho bowl before you could even think about injecting them." The crew laughed but knew that they needed some way to distribute the antidote. Peanut, now no longer Satau, suggested maybe they drop it in the water supply, but Sabrina reminded them that they don't know if zombies even drink, though she did admit that it was a neat idea. It seemed no matter what they thought of, they couldn't think of a way to distribute the antidote. Though as everyone tried to figure something, the one who was surprisingly quiet during this was Spirit Dragon, who was looking out at the horizon and at the sky, lost in her own thoughts, until she heard Peanut mention the water supply, specifically water. Looking up, her eyes grew wide as a smile formed when she realized the best way to distribute it WAS via water, but not in the way Peanut was thinking...
"RAIN!" Dragon shouted, making everyone there jump in surprise and look at Dragon, "Give me the antidote! I'll fly up in the clouds, mix this with rain somehow, and cause a world-wide rainstorm that'll cure the virus!" It was probably a crazy idea and they didn't even know if it would work, but if it came from a Celestial, what choice did they have?
"Dragon...are you sure?" Tarot asked, "You know if this doesn't work, we are out of options..."
"I understand...but I don't want to live within the dark shadow of my brother anymore. I'm done feeling like a little girl and I'm ready to grow up and be the Celestial I am. And if that means giving everyone here the happy ending they deserve, then that what I will do." Dragon explained as she motioned for the antidote, "Besides..been kind of wanting to fly again, to be honest." The crew chuckled as Terrance handed her the antidotes while telling her "I know this'll sound a bit cliched but...Good Luck, Spirit Dragon." She nodded before walking out of the temple, taking a deep breath, and launching into the skies, high above the clouds.
"Think it'll work?" Bino asked Tarot who could only shrug and say "I don't know....I just don't know..."

Above the cloud, Spirit Dragon floated there holding the antidotes in her claws, trying to figure how she could inject them into the rain clouds which is when she realized something...what she wanted to do? That's not how rain clouds work.
"Ah, dang it." She mumbles to herself, "This is why I should've paid attention better to my teachings..." Sadly, she realized that because her idea won't work, they were back to square one with finding out how to send the antidote. Tears began to form in her eyes as she started to believe she had failed again.
"What's the use...no matter what I did, I always fail. I lived my whole life as a failure and that's all I'm destined to be: A failure of a Celestial who couldn't even keep her brother alive and from turning evil...oh..." tears and rain drops rolled down her cheeks as...wait...raindrops? Tears? Raindrops..."Oh...Dragon you nincompoop!" she exclaimed! Her idea could still work! SHE could produce the rain clouds! All she needed to do was cry hard and viola! There was one small issue: How would she get the antidote INTO the clouds?
"Well..." she said to herself, "I WAS taught how to make the rain using my tears...so maybe I could mix the antidote with the tears...Well, it's worth a shot" She then took all of the antidotes in the case, opened them up, and uttered "Bottoms up" before injecting all of them into her tear glands. She then had to figure out how to make herself cry like never before so she started thinking of every sad thing she could but nothing was working so she started to think of movies that could bring her to tears from Dancing With Wolves to Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 to even Monty Python And The Holy Grail, though the latter ended up making her want to laugh then cry.
"Oh this is ridiculous" she uttered as she was starting to get frustrated, "There has to be something to make me go teary and..." she then thought of something she hadn't tried yet. It was weird but she knew she had to give it a shot. So, bringing out her phone, she quickly loaded up her Netflix and started searching for a certain TV show that she knew was guaranteed to not only tear up, but cry up a storm. After a few minutes of searching, she found what she was looking for: BoJack Horseman, Season 3, Episode 11.
"Alright...here goes." She thought before clicking the PLAY button and watching the episode. As it went, nothing was happening which worried her until the ending came up and the line was said..."Right Sarah Lynn? Sarah Lynn?...Sarah Lynn?!" As it was spoke, Dragon not only felt herself welling up and ready to cry, but she felt the tears as well. As the last word was uttered, that's when it all came out and she exploded in tears which brought on the rain, but the rain wasn't the usual color, but instead it was of many colors, more important that of the antidote.
"Please....work..." Dragon said while she continued to cry. Down below, the survivors watched as the rain came down hard and waited with baited breath to see if it even worked...but not for long as they caught one zombie slowly walking towards them. Though there was something odd about it as it seemed to move slower then usual before collapsing to the ground. After a few seconds, it then stood back up...and spoke...
"Wha...what happened? Where am I?" It was then that the survivors erupted in cheers and all either hugged or dance in the rain as the rest of the zombies of the world began to change back to their normal selves, be it human or pet. The antidote had worked! The survivors and Celestials had won! Who would've thought that all it would take was all thanks to an episode of BoJack Horseman to bring on the tears of a dragon?
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

HousepetZ: Rise Of The Survivors
The Final Chapter

THREE MONTHS LATER...
Bino's Personal Video Diary:

"Well, it's been three months since the cure worked and while we're still rebuilding, the world is pretty much back to it's normal-ish self now. I'll admit when the zombie's first showed up, I was afraid a cure was never gonna be found but, lo and behold, we found one! Once it was distributed via Dragon's rain cloud, we knew we won! Anyway, figured I post here what happened to the survivors after all this happened. Firstly, Peanut and Duchess started dating again with one of their dates being to a comic convention where they dressed as their characters from the game Destiny 2. Jata and Lana are now running a costume shop and, if I recall correctly, Lana has a child on the way (Wonder what they'll name it)...OH! Speaking of children, Max and Grape finally married and now have a child they decided to name Grapenut! As for Res, he moved back to Canada to finish writing the last Pridelands book and is working on a new project now (I think it was the screenplay for something called Zootopia 2?). Then there's Sasha...well, she was going to be tried but Keene said he wants all charges dropped and, instead, he wants her in rehab for a few months along with community service (which he'll pay for everything)....except she did try to break out of rehab but was caught trying to cross into Canada so, Keene has her working for him at his new job. Oh yeah, Keene now lives here in Babylon Gardens and, while he's still a millionaire, he now operates a charity organization that helps homeless pets get new homes and loving families, which he does with help from his brother Rock (who it turned out, like Lana, was never affected by his Osiris stuff as he was off filming a movie at the time). As for Pit...he bought the WWE and now owns it (I kid you not). The ones down in Florida also returned and I was surprised to see how big King's and Bailey's pups got!

What else...what else...Kevin started dating again and he's dating Daisy which I have to say they do make quite a cute couple! That new girl Kix? Well, turns out Anubis' promise to her was that she would join the K9's but the K9's instead had her be the leader of a new squad they put together...a SWAT Team and she's already proven her mettle in combat numerous times! Speaking of Anubis, Peanut is no longer his avatar as he promised (Though he did tell me Anubis let him keep some Mana for fun) and he still lives in that temple area as quote "It's much better then his old house". As for the other Celestials, Dragon and Zodd are also dating again and now own a game store here in Babylon Gardens while Cerberus works as a Kindergarten teacher as well as her normal job. Oh...as for Kitsune? Well, turns out that Bahumat guy? He demoted Kitsune to just Regular Kitsune and is now just a janitor up there (And it turns out the new edition of U&U they play sans Kitsune? The main rule is NO AVATARS FROM EARTH ALLOWED!). While me? I'm doing good. My eye is healed now thanks to my beast though I do have a nice scar from it..oh yeah, I did manage to take full control of my beast within and now he can't do squat without my say-so. In fact I even started dating again! Yeah, I found the perfect girl for myself and we've been on a few dates now and we're really starting to hit things off...*Tarot: BINO! Pizza's here!*...Yep! I'm dating Tarot now. Turns out, we were actually made for each other. But now, I'm getting hungry so...this is Bino: Signing off.

THE END

Author's Note: Thank you everyone who read this first endeavor of mine and making it one of my first big successes. I never would've thought a story about zombies would be this good but you guys proved me otherwise! If it wasn't for you folks, I never would've continued this nor would I have my love for writing like I do. While the tale of the Z-Day Survivors may be over and the curtains have been drawn to a close, that's not the end of my story as I have many more stories I want to do along with my novels. So, from the bottom of my wolfen heart, I thank you all for reading this and enjoying it as well. Thank You!
~SeanWolf
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I just love how this whole story has come together! It is really awesome! Hope to see more from you soon!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I just love how this whole story has come together! It is really awesome! Hope to see more from you soon!
Thank you! I had fun writing this entire story and I'm glad you enjoyed it!
Nathan Kerbonaut

It's the end of an era. How has time flown so fast?!

Round of applause, Sean!! It's been a wild ride and such a pleasure seeing this story grow. You've impressed me with your writing skills, your knowledge of the world and its characters, and your commitment to stick with the story until the end. I look forward to whatever you may do next :D
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Nathan Kerbonaut wrote:It's the end of an era. How has time flown so fast?!

Round of applause, Sean!! It's been a wild ride and such a pleasure seeing this story grow. You've impressed me with your writing skills, your knowledge of the world and its characters, and your commitment to stick with the story until the end. I look forward to whatever you may do next :D
Well thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed this tale!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Anybody catch how when they got to Kevin, it was said that he is now dating Daisy now? Just think about it. It should be easy to figure out.

Someone will have to get it. ;)
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Anybody catch how when they got to Kevin, it was said that he is now dating Daisy now? Just think about it. It should be easy to figure out.

Someone will have to get it. ;)
I..honestly don't get it :oops:
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Then I guess it wasn't intentional but screw it, I'm saying it is. X3

Daisy/Dayzee. Pronounced the same.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Kevin and Daisy? Oh, well ... Girl dumps guy, but dumps girl, guy dates former girl friend's gal pal. ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That is breaking friend code if one does that.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

NHWestoN wrote:Kevin and Daisy? Oh, well ... Girl dumps guy, but dumps girl, guy dates former girl friend's gal pal. ;)
Amazee Dayzee wrote:That is breaking friend code if one does that.
Thought you guys would've been more interested in seeing that Grape and Max got married and had a kitten named Grapenut! :lol:
Nathan Kerbonaut

I, for one, am very happy for them <3 I'm too cool for relationship drama 8-)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I thrive on that kind of stuff. Why do you think I watch soap operas? XD
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Just want to add one small addition and answer a potential question: Will there ever be a sequel HousepetZ? At the moment....No...but if I feel like returning to it and got some good ideas...who knows.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

We will just have to wait and see for the future.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:We will just have to wait and see for the future.
Well...I DO have an idea for a sequel, based on a moment in the very last chapter regarding someone, but we'll see ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Now i need to reread that last chapter and see if I can guess who it is. LOL
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Now i need to reread that last chapter and see if I can guess who it is. LOL
Should be easy to figure out who ;)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

all good. That was fun! ;)
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

(Lil' tease as to what I have planned next)
EPILOGUE:
One Month Later...

"You OK? You've been in your room all quiet for a few hours now." K9 Unit Member Mungo was standing outside the door to the person's room he was watching as he been assigned to them after some earlier incidents said person was involved in. He knew they were still in the room as they've been fitted with an ankle bracelet and it still read they were in the room, but the quietness was concerning. Mungo knocks a few more times before deciding to throw caution to wind and open up to see if everything was OK. As he does, he is surprised to see the window opened as there would've been no way they could escape without him knowing, thanks to the bracelet. But as soon as he looks to the bed, his heart sank greatly for, laying there out in the open, was the same ankle bracelet they were wearing. Somehow, they managed to remove it without causing any alarms and managed to escape as well. But that wasn't as concerning as what Mungo saw next, for laying next to the bracelet was a note along with five pictures. Two of the pictures had a red X over them while the other three didn't and this was explained in the note he read:

THE MILTONS WILL PAY FOR THEIR CRIMES AGAINST US! I KILLED TWO AND WILL NOT STOP UNTIL ALL OF THEM ARE DEAD! ROCK IS NEXT, THEN PIT, THEN LANA...THEN THE ONE WHO STARTED IT ALL. DON'T ATTEMPT TO STOP ME!
~Sasha

"Oh no..." Mungo uttered cause with her on the loose, not only are the lives of the remaining Miltons in danger, but the rest of the pets of Babylon Gardens as well! Quickly grabbing his phone, he calls HQ and, as soon as Sgt. Ralph answers, Mungo shouts "It's Sasha! She's going after..." before all went silent as Mungo hit the floor hard. Standing behind him, baseball bat in hand, Sasha shook her head, took the phone, and hung it up, before whispering to him "I said: Don't stop me" before taking his own handcuffs and cuffing him to the bed, "Now be a good little dog...and stay" Sasha then takes his side arm, ammo, and keys to his cruiser and drives off to look for her first target. Z-Day might've been the darkest day of Babylon Gardens, but what Sasha had planned was going to make those years look like a Bob Ross painting in comparison...for another nightmare was going to begin for the residents.

Coming soon....HousepetZ: Revengencedetta
Last edited by SeanWolf on Sun May 12, 2019 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Plotting paranoids are always sinister and compelling. ;) Didn't think we were done with our deranged beauty...
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

NHWestoN wrote:Plotting paranoids are always sinister and compelling. ;) Didn't think we were done with our deranged beauty...
We aren't ;) The zombie crisis may be over, but the nightmare is about to go into Round 2 :)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Looks like Sasha has gone loco. I only hope she doesn't come after meDaisy next. :mrgreen:
Nathan Kerbonaut

I shoulda known Sasha couldn't be contained. How dare she hurt Mungo, he deserves better!!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

HousepetZ: Revengencedetta
Chapter 1: The Mask Of Happiness Is Broken...

"Alright, settle down everyone...thank you. Before we get to the matter at hand, once again I would like to say congratulations to everyone who's been helping with the clean-up and rebuilding of Babylon Gardens these past few months. It's been a long road but we finally reached the point where it's mostly simple clean-up jobs. Once again, thank you everyone who volunteered. Now for the reason I called this meeting: As you are no doubt aware, Sahsa Hartford had broken loose and is back out on the streets and, if her note is anything to go by, out to kill the remaining four Miltons: Lana, Pit, Keene, and Rock. The former are still within the city while the later no one knows where they are. But the worst part is that she managed to incapacitate one of our best members, Mungo, who is currently at his house recovering from the blow to his head. Right now, our job is to not only find her and bring her back in, but protect the lives of everyone, not just the Miltons, as we don't know what the intent of her plan is. As of this meeting, I am placing everyone here on high alert and I want everyone here to be armed. While I prefer if we bring her in alive, if she does end up going after any one of you and you are out of options...then shoot to kill. But let's hope we don't have to get that point. For now, it's business as usual but be on high alert. Dismissed."

It has been a good few months after the Zombie Epidemic and many had hoped their lives would return to a normal state and they could go back to their daily routines, but it appears that wouldn't be the case as one of Babylon Garden's residents, one Sasha Hartford, suddenly became a violent psychopath for reasons no one knows why, other then she has a major hatred for the Miltons for, again, reasons that nobody knows. At first, it was thought to be because Keene Milton, who was going under the name Osiris due to making a deal with the wrong Celestial, started the zombie epidemic and, indeed, that theory was almost proven right when she took a shot at Keene, which almost killed him if Sasha had aimed the gun a bit more to the left of his body and got him in the liver instead of just a flesh wound. Even so, she was confined to a room under 24/7 surveillance until the epidemic was over, which led to a interesting turn of events as when she was brought to court, Keene wanted all charges dropped as he was already in the works of atoning for his previous actions, but wanted Sasha to work for him as part of her community service and still be under watch. While a bit unusual, the judge, surprisingly, allowed Sasha to be placed in Keene's care with said watch and Sasha was then put to work helping with anything Keene needed done, from rebuilding homes and shops to helping with distribution of goods. At first, this was going good until Sasha broke out of her room the one night and was about ready to smother Keene in his sleep, which thankfully was adverted as Keene was wide-awake and in the corner of said room waiting for her, so she was placed back in her home with a K9 member, in this case Mungo, watching her along with a special ankle bracelet placed on her leg, letting both Mungo and the rest of the K9's know where she is at all times and for a while it seemed to have been doing the job until that faithful night when she managed to not only get the device off, but knock out the K9's strongest member and escape into the night and hasn't been seen since, which of course placed the entirety of not only the K9's, but Babylon Gardens itself on high alert as they weren't sure how dangerous she was but no one was taking any chances.

"Kevin, could you come here a second?" Sgt. Ralph, leader of the K9's, motioned for Officer Kevin Beauregard, who was heading back to his desk to get some minor paperwork done, "Now I understand you and Sasha..." though before Ralph could even finish the statement, Kevin raised a paw and reminded him "The Sasha I know has been dead for about four years now. This Sasha is not the one I knew, so there is no reason to suspect I am harboring any feelings for this...thing." Ralph nodded but told him "I understand but that's not what I was going to say. I want you and Fox to look into any and all files we have on Sasha Hartford to see if there is anything that could explain her recent behavior. Same time, I also want you two to talk to the people that know her and see if they have any idea as well."
"Yes sir, but what about the Miltons?" Kevin reminded him, to which Ralph assured him that "I'll be sending over some K9's to keep watch over Keene along with a team over to Jata and Lana's house. I also called D-Rock over in Pavillion and told him to make sure Pit is protected as well."
"What about Rock?" Ralph was silent for a moment before answering Kevin, "We don't know where Rock is. Both me and Keene tried calling him but we both gotten no responses to our calls. The only thing we know is that he's been in New York working on his newest film." Kevin nodded with sigh as Ralph continued, "But for now, I want you and Fox to do what I told you to do. If either of you find anything that could be of help, let me know, OK?"
"Yes sir." Kevin answered with a salute which Ralph returned saluted and dismissed him. As Kevin was walking towards the door, however, he turned to Ralph and asked "Hope you don't mind but who are you sending to watch Keene and Lana?"
"Hm? Oh, uh, Officer Terrance and Officer Fido will be at Lana's house while I'm sending Officer Rosco and Officer Elena ..."
"Elena?" Kevin interrupted, "The Pekingese that transferred over her from River Ridge?"
"Yes, she showed her skill and proved she is capable of a job like this. Will that be a problem, Officer?" Ralph asked with a raised eyebrow as Kevin replied "No, I was just surprised you gave the newcomer this job. But hey, at least she's in good paws with Rosco."
"Precisely the reason why I placed those two together. Now if there are no further questions, you are dismissed." Ralph saluted to which Kevin return saluted and left the conference room for Fox's desk, all the while being happy that yesterday was an easy day as the road ahead looked to be one of the hardest days to come...something he would soon regret....
Nathan Kerbonaut

Something tells me her skills haven't dulled a bit ever since the apocalypse ended. The K9s have their work cut out for them :shock: Great chapter!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Just a small heads-up: Even though this is a new arc for HousepetZ, it is the final one as it has a definitive ending. I had no plan originally to continue this but I felt like I needed to do a bit more with Sasha as I didn't care for how her story ended in the last arc.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

You mean with Sasha be sent off to a mental institution for her murderous idealizations? ;)
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:You mean with Sasha be sent off to a mental institution for her murderous idealizations? ;)
Not spoiling anything but...let's say I'm taking some elements for this arc from another project I had and...a bit of Game Of Thrones in terms of expectation subversion.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

You mean where most of the cast dies?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Not quite comfortable with "Slasher Sasha" but she's still our sweetheart ... and you gotta admire her initiative and sense of commitment.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:You mean where most of the cast dies?
Oh good grief, not that bad XD
NHWestoN wrote:Not quite comfortable with "Slasher Sasha" but she's still our sweetheart ... and you gotta admire her initiative and sense of commitment.
Not REALLY Slasher but a bit up there :)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Not all the cast. Got it. More than half? LOL
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Not all the cast. Got it. More than half? LOL
Now come on now...would I really do that? :roll: :?
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

yes.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Buster wrote:yes.
:shock: Well then...
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I can't compliment since if it was up to me most of the muscular guys would be hit in the face with pies. XD