HPU - Richmond Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Welsh Halfwit

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Nah, bud," Nola stated, 'thumbing' towards the vets' office, "I mean big blue in there. Your family?"
-------------------------------------------
"I'll try not to be sick on you on the way back," Juniper warned.
"Thimble on standby," Sally said, putting the pair up onto her shoulder. Juniper took hold of some of the girls hair.
------------------------------------------
"Like I'd stay behind, little brother," Kilo admonished. "And are you coming, Koa?"
-----------------------------------------
Leslie followed Lucky, keeping a 'sharky' eye out for trouble.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
GrimD@rk8290

Post by GrimD@rk8290 »

Hlaoroo wrote: ~~~~
"Unfortunately not. Infrared doesn't work on pets because they're too furry and this is the only thermometer I've got. And trust me, you don't want it in your mouth after where it's been." Paul jokes.
"Seriously though, I really don't enjoy this any more than you do but it is necessary. It's the most accurate way of getting a core temperature."
"...Can't you just wash it then stick the thing in my mouth? Doc, trust me if I had a fever, you'd be the first to know. I mean how accurate does my temperature got a be, anyway?" Luna asked as she started to lighten up. If she had to do it, she would relent.

"I'm not trying to be difficult just.." She looked over nervously, rubbing her paws. "Would you even really need to restrain me if I just cooperated....it sounded really unpleasant when you said it the first time.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Nah, bud," Nola stated, 'thumbing' towards the vets' office, "I mean big blue in there. Your family?"
"Oh! Luna! Yeah, look I'm sorry about that she gets really weird about the vet. I have no idea why though. If she was mean to you, she's just scared is all. Once you get to know her she is great!" Sunny exclaimed as he wagged his tail in entheusiasm thinking about his best friend.

"We even read comic books together. I hope she's okay..." He started to walk away towards where he'd last seen Luna leave the room towards the office, and he realized she had been in there longer than usual. His normal cheerful demeanor took on a look of concern as his tail stopped moving.
Sunny Briggs -Golden Labrador Retriever- S3 P5 E7 C6 I3 A8 L10
Luna Briggs - Blue Russian Cat- S8 P6 E6 C6 I7 A5 L4
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Don't worry," Nola said, wincing slightly as she raised an arm to clap Sunny on the shoulder. "If she's like me, and she probably is, she's telling the vet where to pop his thermometer."
"Very descriptive," Thomas said wryly, "Come on, you lot."
"See ya, mutt," Nola said, half grinning so he could see she didn't really mean it nastily.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Gameb18oy wrote:Hearing what the mouse said, he decided to ask them a question. "Oh you're leaving? Hey before you go, you mentioned an underground river? Where is that? It big enough for someone my size to swim in because after Sue's done here, I might want to find a nice place to go for a dip."
"It's in a cave to the south. I don't know if you'd be able to get to it though. I think it empties out somewhere underwater in the regular river down there, 'cause I fell in it once and washed up on the river bank." Flash said as he let Sally carry him along. "Oh, and by the way, if you go swimming down there, be sure you don't go fishing unless you OK it with my friend Deus. He doesn't hunt, so the fish in that river are his biggest source of protein. He won't like it if you steal his food."
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
GrimD@rk8290

Post by GrimD@rk8290 »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Don't worry," Nola said, wincing slightly as she raised an arm to clap Sunny on the shoulder. "If she's like me, and she probably is, she's telling the vet where to pop his thermometer."
"Very descriptive," Thomas said wryly, "Come on, you lot."
"See ya, mutt," Nola said, half grinning so he could see she didn't really mean it nastily.
A sting of loneliness tugged at Sunny's poor heart and, realizing many of his new friends would leave soon, he turned around and looked at Nola. "Hey, I know this may sound weird but if you aren't too busy today...would you like to go on a playdate with me at my house? I live in number 37 and well...I...I mean you don't have to..." Sunny seemed to be trying to ask his newfound friend on a little playdate. Chester, his owner knew how social Sunny was and was thinking this was something of a good idea.

"Good idea Sunny. It wouldn't hurt to maybe try and invite your new friends over. We don't have much but it could be fun as long as it's supervised." Chester agreed with Sunny.
CyberDragon wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote:Hearing what the mouse said, he decided to ask them a question. "Oh you're leaving? Hey before you go, you mentioned an underground river? Where is that? It big enough for someone my size to swim in because after Sue's done here, I might want to find a nice place to go for a dip."
"It's in a cave to the south. I don't know if you'd be able to get to it though. I think it empties out somewhere underwater in the regular river down there, 'cause I fell in it once and washed up on the river bank." Flash said as he let Sally carry him along. "Oh, and by the way, if you go swimming down there, be sure you don't go fishing unless you OK it with my friend Deus. He doesn't hunt, so the fish in that river are his biggest source of protein. He won't like it if you steal his food."
Sunny looked over at Flash, Sally, and Juniper. "You guys are welcome to come over and play too, if you want! It'll be fun, and I'll make sure not to step on any mouse..." Sunny exclaimed to Flash, and Juniper as he invited them to play as well maybe later today? His tail wagged at the thought of new friends coming over after Luna's check up. All the furniture was moved in and Chester seemed on board with making his home more sociable.

Sunny even looked over to Rudder. "I mean if you wanna come over later and join in that would be awesome too! I'd like hanging out with my new friends."
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Roarin wrote: As soon as the tent was finished Senka dug into their food bag and got out the marshmallow delights. So squishy and delicious... "I've seen those kids walking around with those fancy phones that don't need to be flipped open, one almost bumped into me while he was looking down at it..."
Yes, That is just natures way of culling some of the less attentive humans from the gene pool..
Kandi toasts her marshmallows until they are on fire.. blow it out an munching down on the hot gooyness..

Why don't you want to have cubs? You have a safe den site, stable food sources, youre very own vet!! an a owner who want to care for cute snugging kittens!!.. Squeeee

WeirdGamer wrote: "Fantastic. Follow me." With his new entourage, Lucky set out to go meet with Piper.
Oreo grabs a hold of Lucky tail, congaing along behind him..
Chaa Chaa Chaa Chaa! Chaa Chaa Chaa Chaa!!
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Leslie followed Lucky, keeping a 'sharky' eye out for trouble.
going to join the congaa line?
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well," Nola added, thinking, "I'll probably pop out later... Any particular street for that number, Sunny boy?"
----------------------------
"Garbing a Skunk's tail," Leslie mused, failing to stop a bright grin appearing on his face. "Is it sayfe," he asked after grasping his friends' appendage.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
GrimD@rk8290

Post by GrimD@rk8290 »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Well," Nola added, thinking, "I'll probably pop out later... Any particular street for that number, Sunny boy?"
"Oh uhm...uhhh..." Since Sunny was so new to the area, he clearly didn't know how to answer this question because of his terrible memory. Luckily, Chester was right there to correct him.

"Actually, we live in house number thirty five. We're the only house on our side of the road and I believe we live on Yew Drive. Sunny just forgets these things sometimes." Chester gave Sunny a soft pet as Sunny was so grateful.

"Yeah, there. I hope you know where that is. We live near this amazing field of crops too. Though I haven't ventured out there yet. My daddy says we don't own the land there, but the farmer does." Sunny went on.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Hlaoroo wrote: "Only Cinnamon. He's a pine marten." Sam answers as she photocopies the signed contract and gives Sue the copy. "He was in an accident when he was a tiny kit and was too badly injured to be released back to the wild so we kept him. Sandy, our son, has taken him with him to college though. Would half past eight suit you? That way you'll be in time for the weekly staff meeting and you'll be able to join me for rounds before we open for the day."

"Depends partially on when Rudder wants to get up." She jokes, but then considered something and looked a bit annoyed. "Shoot, I bet I forgot to send that stuff over. Did I mention I got Rudder trained a little bit? Mostly just what's standard for therapy animals, but I did teach him some basic first aid on top of that."

CyberDragon wrote: "It's in a cave to the south. I don't know if you'd be able to get to it though. I think it empties out somewhere underwater in the regular river down there, 'cause I fell in it once and washed up on the river bank." Flash said as he let Sally carry him along. "Oh, and by the way, if you go swimming down there, be sure you don't go fishing unless you OK it with my friend Deus. He doesn't hunt, so the fish in that river are his biggest source of protein. He won't like it if you steal his food."
Grimd@rk8290 wrote: Sunny looked over at Flash, Sally, and Juniper. "You guys are welcome to come over and play too, if you want! It'll be fun, and I'll make sure not to step on any mouse..." Sunny exclaimed to Flash, and Juniper as he invited them to play as well maybe later today? His tail wagged at the thought of new friends coming over after Luna's check up. All the furniture was moved in and Chester seemed on board with making his home more sociable.

Sunny even looked over to Rudder. "I mean if you wanna come over later and join in that would be awesome too! I'd like hanging out with my new friends."
Rudder nodded "Oh Sue feeds me well enough so I just fish for fun and exercise on most days. If your friend Deus wouldn't be insulted by me lending a hand, I can bring him the stuff that I doubt a mouse could catch on their own. What color fur he have? I'll try and keep an eye out for him if I go there. He gave a glance over to Sunny. "l'll keep it in mind, if your owner doesn't mind me bringing it, I might show off my sword a bit to you as well.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Gameb18oy wrote:Rudder nodded "Oh Sue feeds me well enough so I just fish for fun and exercise on most days. If your friend Deus wouldn't be insulted by me lending a hand, I can bring him the stuff that I doubt a mouse could catch on their own. What color fur he have? I'll try and keep an eye out for him if I go there. He gave a glance over to Sunny. "l'll keep it in mind, if your owner doesn't mind me bringing it, I might show off my sword a bit to you as well.
Flash let out a sudden laugh at something Rudder said. "Sorry, sorry. Anyway, you'll not have a tough time finding him. He's got rough, brown fur, big teeth, and a lot of identifying scars. I really look forward to you meeting him." He said, grinning.
GrimD@rk8290 wrote:Sunny looked over at Flash, Sally, and Juniper. "You guys are welcome to come over and play too, if you want! It'll be fun, and I'll make sure not to step on any mouse..." Sunny exclaimed to Flash, and Juniper as he invited them to play as well maybe later today? His tail wagged at the thought of new friends coming over after Luna's check up. All the furniture was moved in and Chester seemed on board with making his home more sociable.

"I'd be OK with that, but I'll have to see how things go." He said, a little unsure of what's going to happen when he talks to Juniper.
-Champion Motto

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: "Garbing a Skunk's tail," Leslie mused, failing to stop a bright grin appearing on his face. "Is it sayfe," he asked after grasping his friends' appendage.
Why wooden t be safe>?
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Ah," Juniper said as Sally headed out through the door, "we're either outside or they turned the AC on and someone impersonated a door."
"I get it," Sally giggled as she crossed to the car, "I won't do the blow by blow. I told you that, yeah?"
---------------------------
"I know the place," Nola told Sunny, "I can get there. See ya." She trotted out to catch up with the others. You're in the front with the rodents,[/color]" Nola informed Sally. "I like the back so I can watch," she added, smiling mischievously at Flash.
"No snacking on the guests, Nola."
"Wasn't going to. But I might play with him if he lets me..."
--------------------------
"Sumtymes Skunks can get a bit stinky if surprized," Leslie said, following the line, "but I'd nevur surprize you!"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Flash gave an equally mischievous grin back at Nola. "Only if you're willing to take the consequences, cat."
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Already told you, rodent, you're on the 'no eat' list. But sparring is good training for both, yes?" Nola said, trying to sound as though she'd never meant anything else as Thomas unlocked the car and she got in the back.
"Hang on, guys," Sally said, getting into the passenger seat and strapping herself in.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Again..." Flash repeated, "Only if you're willing to accept the consequences... Of being humiliated by a mouse." Flash kept his mischievous grin as he elaborated.
-Champion Motto

Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

CyberDragon wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote:Rudder nodded "Oh Sue feeds me well enough so I just fish for fun and exercise on most days. If your friend Deus wouldn't be insulted by me lending a hand, I can bring him the stuff that I doubt a mouse could catch on their own. What color fur he have? I'll try and keep an eye out for him if I go there. He gave a glance over to Sunny. "l'll keep it in mind, if your owner doesn't mind me bringing it, I might show off my sword a bit to you as well.
Flash let out a sudden laugh at something Rudder said. "Sorry, sorry. Anyway, you'll not have a tough time finding him. He's got rough, brown fur, big teeth, and a lot of identifying scars. I really look forward to you meeting him." He said, grinning.
Rudder gave a polite smile... though was finding it odd the mouse was having a tough time understanding why the idea of him meeting a mouse was funny. “I will look forward to it as well. Let him know I’ll come by after Sue finishes up here, maybe I can convince Sue to let me give him some catnip, convince the cats to leave him be if a few of them have sunk their claws into the little guy.”

Speaking of Sue, he took note she was probably about to finish up by now, and thought it might be good to head back to check on that. He gave a bit of a handshake to Sunny as he prepared to leave. “Nice meeting you, but I think I need to head to the back of the clinic right now. Want me to check on your cat friend for you while I’m back there?”
Last edited by Gameb18oy on Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"On a funner matter, rodent," Nola said, stretching back in the car as Thomas got in behind the wheel, "is there a reason you neglected to correct Rudder on your pal being a bear? Or do you have someone prepped to photo the result when he finds out?"
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
GrimD@rk8290

Post by GrimD@rk8290 »

Gameb18oy wrote:
CyberDragon wrote:
Rudder gave a polite smile... though was finding it odd the mouse was having a tough time understanding why the idea of him meeting a mouse was funny. “I will look forward to it as well. Let him know I’ll come by after Sue finishes up here, maybe I can convince Sue to let me give him some catnip, convince the cats to leave him be if a few of them have sunk their claws into the little guy.”

Speaking of Sue, he took note she was probably about to finish up by now, and thought it might be good to head back to check on that. He gave a bit of a handshake to Sunny as he prepared to leave. “Nice meeting you, but I think I need to head to the back of the clinic right now. Want me to check on your cat friend for you while I’m back there?”
"It was nice meeting you too! Do you think I could see this Sue of who you speak sometime?" Sunny asked.

"And I would love it if you checked up on Luna! I would hate if something bad were to happen."

"If you do come over, Rudder, try not to bring the sword." Chester answered the otters question from earlier.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"On a funner matter, rodent," Nola said, stretching back in the car as Thomas got in behind the wheel, "is there a reason you neglected to correct Rudder on your pal being a bear? Or do you have someone prepped to photo the result when he finds out?"
"Oh, I wish I had someone there to photograph it. No, but it will be so funny hearing what happens from Deus." Flash replied.
-Champion Motto

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: "Sumtymes Skunks can get a bit stinky if surprized," Leslie said, following the line, "but I'd nevur surprize you!"
HEY! I'm not stinky..! thay bath the sheep dip otta my fur!
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: "Like I'd stay behind, little brother," Kilo admonished. "And are you coming, Koa?"
Koa looks over at Kilo and at Flynn. "I don't really have anything to do today, so if its OK with Flynn I would love to go and check on Nadia." He said, finishing his fruit bowl and waiting for Flynn to say if it was OK or not. "She is my big sister now because Flynn loves her." He said wagging his tail a bit happily, cause he likes having a family and a growing one a that.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Sure. Who knows, if it's bad news I may need the support. Ryyn, you coming?"

~~~~
"No, you didn't. That could be quite useful." Sam answers, copying and filing the paperwork.
"You'll have to bring him and the paperwork in some time."

~~~~
"You'd be surprised actually. It's safest to be certain. Oh, and I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. I wasn't going to restrain you at all, not unless I had to. I just know that some pets like to have something to hold onto for this. If you're happy to just lie on your belly for me then that's fine too." Paul reassures Luna. "It's an ultra-fast thermometer too. Only takes three seconds."

~~~~
Reassured after hanging up the phone, Piper ponders for a moment and then heads for the kitchen, intending to surprise Lucky with his favourite breakfast. She just hopes he hasn't eaten yet.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Sure. Who knows, if it's bad news I may need the support. Ryyn, you coming?"
"I have no idea where I'm going, but I'm coming!" Ryyn leaped off the stool he had been occupying and fell into step with Flynn.

---------------------
Lucky arrived with his "crew" at his house. Feeling the flowers in his pocket again he knocked on the door. His parents were gone, so he had to wait for Piper to answer the door.
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Then we should proceed as bidden," Kilo announced, checking all his limbs were, more or less, in working order before finishing his breakfast.
---------------
Juniper, having not eaten since her last barf, didn't need the thimble this time as Thomas drove to a home near the edge of the district as Nola watched the turns. "LEFT turn," she growled to herself, "left turn on Albuquerque mews! Ach! No wonder I got lost that day... "
"Have you been in a car before, Flash," Sally asked as Juniper held her 'bucket'
---------------
Leslie, having held tightly to his friends' tail when they conga'ed across a street at the crossing, let it go as they pulled up outside one of the houses and tried to wash himself clean, just managing to get his head fur spiky.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

GrimD@rk8290 wrote:
"It was nice meeting you too! Do you think I could see this Sue of who you speak sometime?" Sunny asked.

"And I would love it if you checked up on Luna! I would hate if something bad were to happen."

"If you do come over, Rudder, try not to bring the sword." Chester answered the otters question from earlier.
He nodded at Sunny's question, as he turned to head to the back area of the clinic so he could check on Luna. "She'd love that I'm sure, mom always enjoys talking to other pets, whether on or away from the job." Chester would notice the otter seemingly ignoring the request to not bring his sword, he can only hope he just forgot to respond.
Hlaoroo wrote: "No, you didn't. That could be quite useful." Sam answers, copying and filing the paperwork.
"You'll have to bring him and the paperwork in some time."

~~~~
"You'd be surprised actually. It's safest to be certain. Oh, and I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. I wasn't going to restrain you at all, not unless I had to. I just know that some pets like to have something to hold onto for this. If you're happy to just lie on your belly for me then that's fine too." Paul reassures Luna. "It's an ultra-fast thermometer too. Only takes three seconds."
"he's actually here at the moment, you want me to go-" She'd notice Rudder walking past the door as she brought it up, heading by no coincidence to the room Luna was in. Sam, Paul, and Sue all heard as he scratched a bit at the door, wanting to be let in. Sue started to get up. "Um, I can go and get him if Paul's still in the middle of something. He probably heard a pet getting agitated due to a checkup."
GrimD@rk8290

Post by GrimD@rk8290 »

Hlaoroo wrote: ~~~~

~~~~
"Fine...but only because you promise it's quick." Luna agreed to behave as she got into a more ready position.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

WeirdGamer wrote: Lucky arrived with his "crew" at his house. Feeling the flowers in his pocket again he knocked on the door. His parents were gone, so he had to wait for Piper to answer the door.
Oreo peers at the door.
Are you sure that they are home? try knock'in harder?? maybe you can shake the door open???
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Leslie, having held tightly to his friends' tail when they conga'ed across a street at the crossing, let it go as they pulled up outside one of the houses and tried to wash himself clean, just managing to get his head fur spiky.
Oreo chatters annoyed at the kitten.
I toad you! i no stink.. Should small like strawberries
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Yew dew," Leslie said, puzzled before working out why his friend was upset. "Oh! I didunt wash for that reeson! Aron always says tew look yore best when meeting a lady. Yew smell grate."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Once he's taken her temperature, Paul palms the syringe, carefully keeping it hidden from Luna as he fishes out the jar of lollipops again. He sits the jar on the table beside her and scritches her neck as he invites her to pick her favourite flavour.
"You're doing so well!" he encourages, smoothly injecting her through the numbed spot while she's distracted.
"There! All done! Now, was that really so bad?" he smiles, dropping the needle into the sharps bin before opening the door to let the cat escape.

~~~~
"Ah, yeah. He's not getting in until I've seen the paperwork. I thought you said he was trained? He ought to know better than that." Sam doesn't seem too impressed by the otter's actions.

~~~~
Piper stands on tiptoes to peer through the peephole. Recognising the pets outside she throws open the door and hugs Lucky as tightly as her sore ribs will allow.
"Lucky! You're back!"

~~~~
"Right." Flynn deposits his bowl in the sink and leads the pets from the house once they're all finished with breakfast.
"Let's get this over with." he says, putting Kilo onto his good shoulder beside the knot of his sling as he walks.
"Er, you got enough room there with my collar and the knot, Kilo?" he asks, craning his head in an attempt to see that the mouse is safe.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Hiz frunt too," Leslie added, mostly for Oreo but loud enough to be heard by all.
----------
"Of course, my boy," Kilo said, standing against the knot. "It gives me something to hang on to.
Have fun, Joan. And you too, John.
"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
GrimD@rk8290

Post by GrimD@rk8290 »

Gameb18oy wrote:
He nodded at Sunny's question, as he turned to head to the back area of the clinic so he could check on Luna. "She'd love that I'm sure, mom always enjoys talking to other pets, whether on or away from the job." Chester would notice the otter seemingly ignoring the request to not bring his sword, he can only hope he just forgot to respond.
"Oh wait, you're allowed back there I was told that was a..." Sunny couldn't finish his sentence as Rudder rushed off to check on his best friend.

"Sure hope he don't get in trouble and Luna's okay..."
Gameb18oy wrote: "he's actually here at the moment, you want me to go-" She'd notice Rudder walking past the door as she brought it up, heading by no coincidence to the room Luna was in. Sam, Paul, and Sue all heard as he scratched a bit at the door, wanting to be let in. Sue started to get up. "Um, I can go and get him if Paul's still in the middle of something. He probably heard a pet getting agitated due to a checkup."
Luna heard the scratch at the door but she'd closed her eyes for the shot and after everything was done...
Hlaoroo wrote:Once he's taken her temperature, Paul palms the syringe, carefully keeping it hidden from Luna as he fishes out the jar of lollipops again. He sits the jar on the table beside her and scritches her neck as he invites her to pick her favourite flavour.
"You're doing so well!" he encourages, smoothly injecting her through the numbed spot while she's distracted.
"There! All done! Now, was that really so bad?" he smiles, dropping the needle into the sharps bin before opening the door to let the cat escape.
While she was scared about the shot she had thought of happy things, being with Sunny, reading comics, and after the deed was done she looked up at Paul. "Not bad at all, Doc...hey uhm if I ever need a check up again I know who to ask for..." She managed to get off the the table just fine and while this experience hadn't let her get over her fear of needles, that thermometer had actually seemed very positive for Luna.

When she saw the otter however, she stood still at the doorway entrance. Did that shot make her halicunate? Was she seeing things?! She waved a paw in front of her face quizzically. "What was in that shot?"
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Juniper, having not eaten since her last barf, didn't need the thimble this time as Thomas drove to a home near the edge of the district as Nola watched the turns. "LEFT turn," she growled to herself, "left turn on Albuquerque mews! Ach! No wonder I got lost that day... "
"Have you been in a car before, Flash," Sally asked as Juniper held her 'bucket'
"Can't say I have." Flash answered. "This is a new experience."
-Champion Motto

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Hlaoroo wrote: Piper stands on tiptoes to peer through the peephole. Recognising the pets outside she throws open the door and hugs Lucky as tightly as her sore ribs will allow.
"Lucky! You're back!"
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Hiz frunt too," Leslie added, mostly for Oreo but loud enough to be heard by all.
I didn't know we had to make sure all of him got here?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"You mean travelling this slowly," Juniper asked mischievously, putting a hand on Flash's arm and moving it down to find his hand to hold.
"Hey, I could always speed up," Thomas offered.
"Nah," Nola muttered as the car turned onto a short driveway to a small villa, "I think we're good."
------------------------
"Probublee best," Leslie admitted, waving to Piper with his fur still sticking up. "Mite be messy, getting only part of him heer."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Haha! Yeah, you could put it that way!" Flash responded to Juniper's joke. "So is this the place?"
-Champion Motto

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: "Probublee best," Leslie admitted, waving to Piper with his fur still sticking up. "Mite be messy, getting only part of him heer."
Hmmms whats up with all the hugging and kissing?? ewww
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Keeshah wrote:Yes, That is just natures way of culling some of the less attentive humans from the gene pool..
Kandi toasts her marshmallows until they are on fire.. blow it out an munching down on the hot gooyness..
Not long after there was a second stick of gooeyness set ablaze, the mountain lion promptly blowing out the well done containers of sugar before popping one in her mouth. Apparently marshmallows were an integral part of camping, and she had made sure to practice a bunch of times before the trip! Of all the knowledge she had gained from Kandi, the art of roasting marshmallow probably makes it in the top ten.
Keeshah wrote:Why don't you want to have cubs? You have a safe den site, stable food sources, youre very own vet!! an a owner who want to care for cute snugging kittens!!.. Squeeee
"Mmh... when I was growing up it never looked like being a Mom was really fun. My Ma never complained about having us, but there were a lot of times when she looked really tired... I know that living with humans makes it different but I just never really had that desire." The cougar shrugged as she popped another melting wad of sugary goo into her maw. "Plus if I had kits I have a sinking feeling she'd know somehow and come track me down... and then lecture me on why I didn't have some sooner..."
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Roarin wrote: Not long after there was a second stick of gooeyness set ablaze, the mountain lion promptly blowing out the well done containers of sugar before popping one in her mouth. Apparently marshmallows were an integral part of camping, and she had made sure to practice a bunch of times before the trip! Of all the knowledge she had gained from Kandi, the art of roasting marshmallow probably makes it in the top ten.

Kandi Sets a metal grid over the camp fire, placing a Blue coffee pot on the grid. a cast iron pot, to start simmering beans. then sets two rib-eye steaks on the remaining places on the metal grid..
be-sure to grab it off, when it is done enough for you. super extra rare right?
Roarin wrote:"Mmh... when I was growing up it never looked like being a Mom was really fun. My Ma never complained about having us, but there were a lot of times when she looked really tired... I know that living with humans makes it different but I just never really had that desire." The cougar shrugged as she popped another melting wad of sugary goo into her maw. "Plus if I had kits I have a sinking feeling she'd know somehow and come track me down... and then lecture me on why I didn't have some sooner..."

Yes having kids will do that to you. but i'm told it a rewarding experience as well/.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Keeshah wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote: "Probublee best," Leslie admitted, waving to Piper with his fur still sticking up. "Mite be messy, getting only part of him heer."
Hmmms whats up with all the hugging and kissing?? ewww
Leslie shrugged. "Gurls seem to lyke that stuff," he said in an aside, right in front of Piper. "Vera surtanly does it a lot wif Aron when she finks I'm not watchin."
----------------------
"It is indeed," Sally announced, carefully unhooking the seatbelt and shifting slightly to warn Juniper that she was about to stand up. The blind Mouse held Flash's hand in one of hers and Sallys' hair with her other hand as the girl got out onto the gravel of the parking area that was clearly built for more cars and opened the door to let a Nola who absolutely, positively, wasn't almost tearing up at seeing the place out into the air.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

[quote="Hlaoroo”]
"Ah, yeah. He's not getting in until I've seen the paperwork. I thought you said he was trained? He ought to know better than that." Sam doesn't seem too impressed by the otter's actions.[/quote]
Sue quickly comes to the little guys defense. “I think he assumed I was getting that taken care of today, it’s a bit more on me he doesn’t know better. He’s good with the actual work though, trust me.” She was a light shade of crimson.

GrimD@rk8290 wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote:
"Oh wait, you're allowed back there I was told that was a..." Sunny couldn't finish his sentence as Rudder rushed off to check on his best friend.

"Sure hope he don't get in trouble and Luna's okay..."
Gameb18oy wrote: "he's actually here at the moment, you want me to go-" She'd notice Rudder walking past the door as she brought it up, heading by no coincidence to the room Luna was in. Sam, Paul, and Sue all heard as he scratched a bit at the door, wanting to be let in. Sue started to get up. "Um, I can go and get him if Paul's still in the middle of something. He probably heard a pet getting agitated due to a checkup."
Luna heard the scratch at the door but she'd closed her eyes for the shot and after everything was done...
Hlaoroo wrote:Once he's taken her temperature, Paul palms the syringe, carefully keeping it hidden from Luna as he fishes out the jar of lollipops again. He sits the jar on the table beside her and scritches her neck as he invites her to pick her favourite flavour.
While she was scared about the shot she had thought of happy things, being with Sunny, reading comics, and after the deed was done she looked up at Paul. "Not bad at all, Doc...hey uhm if I ever need a check up again I know who to ask for..." She managed to get off the the table just fine and while this experience hadn't let her get over her fear of needles, that thermometer had actually seemed very positive for Luna.

When she saw the otter however, she stood still at the doorway entrance. Did that shot make her halicunate? Was she seeing things?! She waved a paw in front of her face quizzically. "What was in that shot?"
”... well I’ve had better reactions” He extends one of his webbed paws. ”Name’s Rudder, came back to see how you were doin-“ He gives a mild squeak of protest as Sue lifts him up. ”Mom what are you-“ A few whispers in his ears and his eyes widened. “oh Mom... no I wasn’t gonna go in when the door was closed even if you did do the paperwork already. I just figured the doc wouldn’t mind me asking if the cat was alright, said I’d check on her for a friend.” He looked down at the ground at the feline. ”Guess I came back here for nothing though if you’re just finishing up. Sunny was curious about what was taking so long.”