Non HPU: Beacon Of Hope OOC

For all those times you're not in character, try new "Out of Character"

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

CyberDragon

Re: Non HPU: Beacon Of Hope OOC

Post by CyberDragon »

There isn't much that get's Hivemind angry. He's pretty calm and level headed, and you'd have to do something really horrible to a lot of people deliberately and without remorse for him to get genuinely angry. That said, when someone does do something that triggers his rage, he will strike down upon them with great vengeance and furious anger.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

You know, I kinda had a speech planned for Kolt to give to the people trying to kill Jaken once he met them, but after Hivemind’s little threat, I’m not sure I should do it, since it wouldn’t hold the same weight. Might as well post it here, in case anyone’s curious.
”Maybe you’ve forgotten something: I'm Kitsune, and I’m part of the biggest and strongest superhero team in the universe. We stopped the Varian invasion of YOUR planet, my group personally held our own against a superpowered cannibalistic Warlord in hand-to-hand combat, and I've beaten wannabe assassins like you more times that I can count. Here's what's going to happen: you're going to go to prison, you're going to serve your time, and you and all your friends are going to stop hunting this boy because if you don't, I promise, you'll regret it for the rest of your very short lives."
Obviously it would be altered depending on the context of how he meets them, but that’s the general framework of how it would go.
Also, is anyone else curious about what The Vault is? I’m imagining something similar to the Birdcage from Worm.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

I guess it's not really spoiling anything. It's unlikely we'll ever go to the Vault in the game.

The Vault is a beyond maximum security prison. There are two inescapable prisons that Hivemind uses. The Vault is the physical one. It's a prison planet orbiting closely around a blue hypergiant. The only habitable place on the planet is the terraformed subterranean tunnels that hold the prison itself. Beyond having everything a maximum security prison needs to hold supervillains including custom made solitary confinement cells for the most dangerous high risk villains, the planet's atmosphere consists of poisonous gass and has a global 24/7 Carborane acid thunderstorm raging. The only way in is via a one-way portal. The only way out is by being transferred to the newer second maximum security prison that exists in a digital realm that physically cannot be escaped. You would have to be released from the second prison by having Hivemind upload you back into the physical world.

So basically if you tried to escape, you'd be poisoned, melted, irradiated, crushed by gravity, and incinerated by the heat of the star.
-Champion Motto

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

You say we’re never going there, and with the first sentence of the description, I already have an idea for a storyline involving it.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Deske

Post by Deske »

A police force who's commissioner has no police force. That's super realistic tbh.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

I'm not sure what you mean.
-Champion Motto

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

CyberDragon wrote:You would have to be released from the second prison by having Hivemind upload you back into the physical world.
Why does it have to be Hivemind that does it? What's to stop a hacker doing the same?
And how does the transfer between the two prisons happen? That would also be an opportunity to break someone out.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Legotron123 wrote:You say we’re never going there, and with the first sentence of the description, I already have an idea for a storyline involving it.
Makes sense. I mean... how can you not have ideas for stories the moment someone says there's an inescapable prison in a superhero-type story?
Hlaoroo wrote:Why does it have to be Hivemind that does it? What's to stop a hacker doing the same?
And how does the transfer between the two prisons happen? That would also be an opportunity to break someone out.
The digital prison is hooked up to the Hive. In other words, it's in Hivemind's mind. Thus it is unhackable and only Hivemind has access. Transfer between the two prisons is done through a downloader in the Vault that's a lot like the downloader in the Predator drone. It is also hooked up to the Hive.
-Champion Motto

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Okay. Just gotta hypnotise Hive then. :P

One other question. How do you digitise a person? How do you turn all their matter and mass into digital data that can be transferred, saved and restored to real form? And could that data also theoretically be deleted, meaning the person would be erased and killed?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Hlaoroo wrote:Okay. Just gotta hypnotise Hive then. :P

One other question. How do you digitise a person? How do you turn all their matter and mass into digital data that can be transferred, saved and restored to real form? And could that data also theoretically be deleted, meaning the person would be erased and killed?
Same way a transporter does it in Star Trek, I'd imagine. Scotty once rigged one so the pattern was held in the buffer for the best part of a century.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Hlaoroo wrote:Okay. Just gotta hypnotise Hive then. :P

I have no idea how you digitize a person. It's Sci-fi superhero stuff. I'm sure there's some explanation I could think of involving quantum physics and mass-to-energy conversion, but honestly I feel any explanation using irl modern science would be pushing things. Sure, we'll go with what Welsh said.

The risk of deletion is why this technology is always hooked up to Hivemind. Only he can access the data storage, and so only he could possibly delete data, and even he can't delete data because of that anti-corruption subroutine that deletes even the consideration of doing things like that.

I should mention that the light originally is supposed to trigger the feeling of calm in anyone who can feel love. It doesn't have to be people he's a patron of. He's only considered the "patron" of those groups because those professions and ideals match closest with Diligitis's domain.

I'm not going to make anyone change anything because it's not really important at the moment, but keep that in mind for the future.

Then again, the idea of the feeling only affecting some people based on their current motivation sounds interesting. I'll give it some thought.
Last edited by Serence Frostbite on Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged 2 posts
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

That's fine for Hannabelle. She's just intent on being professional. As for Jenny? She's just calm in situations like this. Unless being influenced.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

I'm just gonna leave this here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKeLldG8YYU

We talk about songs for the Champions. I think this sums this day up pretty well.

Also there's this obvious one that's more for the team as a general rule. At least it's good for some of the team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jmd4OLzhQw0

Sorry for the double post. I'm afraid I'm too tired and it's too late at night for me to post tonight. I have work tomorrow. I'll try posting after work, but I just don't have the energy atm.
Last edited by Serence Frostbite on Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merge post
-Champion Motto

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Random thought, but is anyone else wondering how tall our characters are in relation to each other? I’m imagining that Kolt is about six and a half feet/1.98 meters (since his species is naturally kinda tall), while Jenny is around four feet/1.21 meters. Kol would probably be about seven feet/2.13 meters, and I’m guessing Hivemind is around 6 feet/1.82 meters.

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

I've previously referred to Kol as a large creature. large creatures in D&D/D20 have a height range from 8 ft.–16 ft. try again.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Kol, if I didn't already know that, my respect for you would only go up. Like my eyesight when I look you in the eye.

We could probably put a cathedral in your home, Captain Cavewoman.

Oh, hush you two.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

”Thank Meado Hivemind made the doors big enough, otherwise we’d have to teleport you everywhere.”
Also, don’t remember you ever mentioning large in the D&D sense, as opposed to just large compared to the average human. Must’ missed that.

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

since you need an example...
In this thread, on Tuesday October 17 at 2017 5:32 pm, Buster wrote:You're a medium creature, she's a 9-strength large creature, and she was carying as much as she could lift.

I was expecting him to pick out a few favorites...

:mrgreen: on the upside, a heavy attack, a fastball, and a super attack could potentially bring his shield from 4 down to 1, and there's only two turns left til talya's beam is off cooldown.

:( Still, Kol, and I'd imagine kolt will likely both need atleast a full turn to recover from the improvised super attack, considering you implied fastballing her as the opening, and blinking her back to the deck at the end.
canonicaly she's 9'1"
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Huh, must’ve forgotten that. She’s a big girl. Which probably makes her that much more intimidating when she’s suffering from the different sleep schedule here and yelling at people to be quiet.

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Since we're talking sizes, I'll put a few out here for the record (until I forget and accidentally change them).

For Hivemind:
Light security droids / civilian droids: 5'11"
Heavy security / Heavy combat droids: 10' (Which is why one was able to pin down an enemy Varanian. They're big, solid hunks of nuclear powered metal)
Swarm droids: 0.5"
WAR-108 (Warlord) / WAR-226 (Lumberjack): 30'
WAR-313 (Predator) Quadrupedal: ~20'
WAR-313 (Predator) Bipedal: ~40'

Most Varanian grunts are around 10'. Gadgeteer is canonically a runt, being about 8'6"
The Lycan is an even 7' tall as a wolf and 6'6" as a human. Difference is due to the digitigrade legs in wolf form.
Tempest is probably somewhere around 6'4" or so.

The Legionnaire, though you haven't met him, is the shortest of the original founders due to having grown up in the second century. I'm going to say for now that he's 5'4", a full foot shorter than Tempest.
The next shortest is actually the Dragon Knight (human form) but I haven't actually decided his height.
-Champion Motto

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Another random thought, but does anyone else remember that post towards the bottom of page 11 in the IC thread, where we found out that Solomon has basically been doing the bare minimum to take care of himself since his brother died? Because it popped back into my head recently, and after rereading it, I’m kinda wondering how he’s even healthy enough to run the ship.

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Legotron123 wrote:Another random thought, but does anyone else remember that post towards the bottom of page 11 in the IC thread, where we found out that Solomon has basically been doing the bare minimum to take care of himself since his brother died? Because it popped back into my head recently, and after rereading it, I’m kinda wondering how he’s even healthy enough to run the ship.
Your random thoughts are quite specific :D

Mine tend to go along the line of "is there a Breaking Cat News station in Babylon Gardens"?
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Legotron123 wrote:Another random thought, but does anyone else remember that post towards the bottom of page 11 in the IC thread, where we found out that Solomon has basically been doing the bare minimum to take care of himself since his brother died? Because it popped back into my head recently, and after rereading it, I’m kinda wondering how he’s even healthy enough to run the ship.
Your random thoughts are quite specific :D

Mine tend to go along the line of "is there a Breaking Cat News station in Babylon Gardens"?
I mean random as in “it randomly popped into my head.” My thoughts where the subject material is random tend to go “I wonder what it’s like to be set in fire.”
But seriously, I’m actually kinda worried for Hive, since that post made it clear he’s not in a healthy spot right now.

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Solomon keeps himself healthy enough to keep his mind alert, and that's the important part when running the ship. His human body does very little to run the ship. It's his mind and his link to all of the droids that he uses to run the ship.
-Champion Motto

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to put this out here while I was still thinking about it.

This mini-boss is taken down through "critical hits" which can be accomplished in a few different ways. I'll let you figure most of them out, but I'll give you one. One of the critical hits is to get the Juggernaut in Gear's sights. This involves getting the Juggernaut to fly high enough that the buildings aren't blocking his shot, or to get it to an intersection where it's more in the open.
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

I suddenly thought of a corny line...

Jenny 5ft 3in.

Hannabelle 5ft 5 but has a very slight curve due to age.

Jaken 4ft 5.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Wait a sec, the secondary guns,
are they infantry controlled weapons on a pintle or are they proper batteries?
if the latter are they turrets or sponsons (ie top mounted or side mouned), and do they target independently or are linked in sets using a coaxial mount?

the reason i ask is the pintle mounted guns have much wider and more flexible fields of fire than batteries at the cost of obvious weakpoints (the gunner) to target, while sponsons likely wouldn't be able to aim high enough to fire at anything boarding the vehicle's deck and turrets might not be able to aim down far enough to target things running along the treads. also both turrets and sponsons are big enough to have blind spots of their own and create blind spots for the main gun. lastly single vs coax means trading off between being able to multi-target effectively and being able to focus fire effectively.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

The Juggernaut is an automated war machine. On it's top, it has a main gun, a mortar array, and guided missile launchers. The main gun was damaged in the Hornet Missile strike, but it's mortars and missiles are still intact because they are stored behind an armored lid when not in use.

The sides, front, and back of the Juggernaut are lined with automated and independently moving sponsons. They can each target individually or focus fire on a single target in range. These sponsons are heavily armored like everything else on the Juggernaut. They are miniguns that fire plasma shots that pierce some armor and explode violently on impact. In addition to the larger guns, there are smaller more agile guns on the sides, and a couple small turrets on it's top to counter boarding opponents. The small guns are more fragile and as a result the smaller guns on top of the Juggernaut are broken. The smaller guns are more mobile than the larger guns however.

The small guns fire bolts of plasma with great accuracy.

Another note about this fight: "Look for weak spot and fire at it" isn't going to get you very far. I'm not going to reveal it's weak points through a basic scan. I want you guys to think about what I've said about this enemy (here, and in-game) and use that information to deduce what it's weak points are. Keep in mind, I'm a gamer. As a result, some of the weak points will probably be described as having traits you might find in a video game weak spot.
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

*equips Scan materia* How bout now?
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Nice try. :P
-Champion Motto

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

I’m calling the knees and straight down the barrel of the main cannon. We should also be on the lookout for any parts that periodically open and close for no particular reason.

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Lego, it doesn't have knees. It's a tank, not a mech. And the main cannon is busted. I don't think a shot could make it down the length of the barrel.

That said, you should read the posts carefully, because something did just open up. And glowed red to boot.
-Champion Motto

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

CyberDragon wrote:Lego, it doesn't have knees. It's a tank, not a mech. And the main cannon is busted. I don't think a shot could make it down the length of the barrel.

That said, you should read the posts carefully, because something did just open up. And glowed red to boot.
Huh. I could’ve sworn it was described as some sort of walker mech. Must’ve misread the description. Also, haven’t had time to full read the latest post, since I just got off work. I’ll do that now.

FlanDab

Post by FlanDab »

Hey, is this RP still open? I would like to join.

My initial idea for an entry is pretty much invincible space probe, but I have a different non-robotic character which may be actually better.
"A picture is worth a thousand words, but a word can paint a thousand pictures."
Pierre - 0047ab | Wazan - FF0040

May I interest you in my RP, the Imaginarium?
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Just realized I haven’t posted yet music for the Juggernaut fight. Here’s two songs from the Persona 3 soundtrack I think might fit.
Darkness.
Master of Shadows.

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

FlanDab wrote:Hey, is this RP still open? I would like to join.

My initial idea for an entry is pretty much invincible space probe, but I have a different non-robotic character which may be actually better.
I would love to see your character ideas, and the RP is open. However, because a couple people have joined only to find out the RP was too fast-paced for them, or they didn't want to stick around, I tend to only accept people who have been playing in at least one other RP here or have been active elsewhere on the forums for a little while.

Again, this isn't saying you aren't welcome, and it isn't saying that the RP is closed. However, I need to make sure you are going to stick around if you join. I'll PM you and we can talk about your characters, and possibly other RPs here you might like.
Legotron123 wrote:Just realized I haven’t posted yet music for the Juggernaut fight. Here’s two songs from the Persona 3 soundtrack I think might fit.
Darkness.
Master of Shadows.
Well... Um... Those songs are awesome, but... you might only play them for ten seconds to represent how you guys just decimated the Juggernaut on the first turn. O.O

I suppose I shouldn't have exposed, like, all of it's weak points at once. As soon as you guys knew you needed to look for video game weak points, you pinned all of them down simultaneously.
-Champion Motto

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

CyberDragon wrote:
Legotron123 wrote:Just realized I haven’t posted yet music for the Juggernaut fight. Here’s two songs from the Persona 3 soundtrack I think might fit.
Darkness.
Master of Shadows.
Well... Um... Those songs are awesome, but... you might only play them for ten seconds to represent how you guys just decimated the Juggernaut on the first turn. O.O

I suppose I shouldn't have exposed, like, all of it's weak points at once. As soon as you guys knew you needed to look for video game weak points, you pinned all of them down simultaneously.
In that case, maybe this would work better.

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Legotron123 wrote:
CyberDragon wrote:
Darkness.
Master of Shadows.

In that case, maybe this would work better.
or you could just skip straight to this.

- - - - - - - -

EDIT: *sees neon's post about not jinxing things* que godzilla roar in the distance, and a rumble in the ground that's getting closer.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Just an FYI guys, I might not write today. I'm really tired after work today.
-Champion Motto

FlanDab

Post by FlanDab »

Character Name: Wazan Eprez

Codename: "Probe"

Color: "Red (FF0040)"

Type: Main

Species/Breed: targon-zik-eniyor dennis

Neighborhood: Beacon Of Hope

Powers: She can teleport, bringing along any article of clothing and possessions on hand, to any point within a kilometer of her sight. She can teleport through transparent walls. She also has the ability to understand any language she encounters, although it does not translate too well to writing. Pictograms and sign language does give her an easier time. Her muteness puts a damper in her enhanced communication skills.

Appearance: A grey-furred canine with lithe limbs. Her eyes are bright yellow, and he stands at around 5 feet 8 inches. She always wears a red scarf with gold stripes. She has a long tail, 2 feet in length, like that of a monkey and has a tuft of yellow fur at the end of it. Her hands have five fingers, and feet has four toes, having the fourth one on his heel. Her feet can function like an extra pair of hands.

Personality: Super curious and inquisitive. She's not known for caution. Bubbly, joyful, and almost always has a smile on her face. Usually likes to make everyone be merry and glad. She's quite sociable and likes to mingle with others. Predisposed towards peace, and rarely panics.

Other notes: She's left handed.

S.P.E.C.I.A.L stats:
- Strength: 4
- Perception: 6
- Endurance: 6
- Charisma: 7
- Intelligence: 6
- Agility: 9
- Luck: 4
- Power: 2
Last edited by FlanDab on Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
"A picture is worth a thousand words, but a word can paint a thousand pictures."
Pierre - 0047ab | Wazan - FF0040

May I interest you in my RP, the Imaginarium?