Reply to topic  [ 3053 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 77  Next
Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 3232
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
As Kolt raced down the hallways, he heard a set of footsteps behind him. and turned his head to see who it was. He was surprised to see it was June, and skidded to a halt to talk to her. ”June, are you sure you want to do this? This is going to be a very dangerous situation, and even luck like yours can’t protect you from everything.” Kolt said, very concerned for the safety of his daughter.
-
Sure enough, all three of them were ready for combat in less than two minutes, just like Liz said. As the group came outside, Liz looked at the Hivemind Drone with a serious look on her face. ”Lets walk and talk. What exactly is so serious that you need our help?”

_________________
"I will be the Messiah! Hahahahaha!"
-


Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:07 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9989
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"And who else from the Steelhaven are you calling on," Corp added, noting the other droids.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"O.K.," Jaken shrugged, waving the portal closed and following Rika at a trot, watching the shadows as they went.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"A hive," Corvis told himself, watching from a dark corner near his fmilies current abode. He'd gotten bored during a restless night so he'd decided to practice his stalking in the local area. Now the cub was trying his stealth out. "Another Hive. Whoa that's a big Mouse in a shell... A Canine... Is that a Human," he asked about Liz quietly. "Who am I talking to? Shut up, you're being stealthy," he added quietly.

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:57 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 4117
Images: 3
Location: inside a TARDIS that landed inside itself. Anyone know how to restart a stalled one of these?
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
June sounds out of breath as she pauses to answer, "so, you get to... Go on adventures... And I don't..? That's not fair." she complained, frowning, as she gets her breathing under control. "As for my power, you could probably use luck on your side."

_________________
Characters


Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:12 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2443
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"It's not technically possible," Hannabelle said, putting down the Blue Kill Ranger next to her unopened book, "for a plan to have FUBARed before it actually starts, Hive. Either you're just that good or something cataclysmic has happened." She stood and strode with purpose. "And you're not THAT good," she added, hitting the door button. "Explain on the way."


As they walked to Champion Tower, Hivemind explained the situation as best as he could. "A few minutes ago I received a distress signal originating from the capitol city of Celica. The planet is under attack by a Varanian fleet. I don't know much about the fleet itself, but if Celica of all places is calling for help, it can't be good. I'm trying to tap into a defense satellite so I can get a visual on the situation."

--------------------------------------------

Legotron123 Wrote:
Sure enough, all three of them were ready for combat in less than two minutes, just like Liz said. As the group came outside, Liz looked at the Hivemind Drone with a serious look on her face. ”Lets walk and talk. What exactly is so serious that you need our help?”


"I just received word that our destination just became a warzone. The planet we are headed to is under attack by a Varanian invasion fleet. Given Celica's relatively violent hunter and warrior culture, if they are calling for help it must be a VERY bad situation." He explained while the four of them headed for the portal kiosk.

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"And who else from the Steelhaven are you calling on," Corp added, noting the other droids.


"MT-694 and his pilot Chris." the droid replied. "They are the only ones so far to join the Champions from your crew. I'm asking for your help because our standard way of dealing with an invasion fleet requires a ship captain and crew with combat experience."

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"A hive," Corvis told himself, watching from a dark corner near his fmilies current abode. He'd gotten bored during a restless night so he'd decided to practice his stalking in the local area. Now the cub was trying his stealth out. "Another Hive. Whoa that's a big Mouse in a shell... A Canine... Is that a Human," he asked about Liz quietly. "Who am I talking to? Shut up, you're being stealthy," he added quietly.


Hivemind of course noticed the young Celican sneaking about. "Corvis, get back to bed before your mother notices you aren't there." He said before the four of them walked through the portal Kiosk and made their way to the auditorium.

--------------------------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Sana scowled at the computer as her link to Celica went down. "Oh," she complained, "I KNEW I should have contacted them last night! Now how do I tell them I'm taking a holiday? And... Why have all the lines to Celica gone down?" After checking to make sure the rest of the web was up, Sana decided to go see a Hive and headed for the Command Centre in the tower.


When Sana walked up to Hivemind, he said "Let me guess. You lost contact with Celica?"

--------------------------------------------

Deske Wrote:
Chris picked his head up from it's place on the workbench and glanced over at the now, culturally correct armor laying spread out on the bench. He picked up the helmet and twisted it under a light making sure that the symbol he'd engraved on the front shone correctly and that it didn't interfere with the visor. "Morning," he sniffed, setting the helmet down and running a hand through his fur trying to straighten it out, "Yeah. Got it done a few hours ago." He shoved it into the bag Kol had given him and slung it over his shoulder, "You ready for this? Sounds bad."


MT paused for a second, then walked over to his personal crate. He pulled a few things out and started loading his weapon slots. He turned back to Chris, sticking an odd rotary weapon in his mouth before replying "Ready." And opening the cockpit once more.

--------------------------------------------

When they got to the Auditorium, they would see it filled with hundreds of heroes of all kinds, shapes, and sizes with more filing in. Angel team sat in the front row with Gear, Tempest, The Lycan, and Eira. All of them were fully dressed and equipped, ready for whatever they needed to do. Hivemind was standing up on the stage.

Once everyone was seated, Hivemind addressed the crowd of heroes. "I am going to get straight to the point on this. I just received a distress signal from Celica, the planet we are currently in-route to. The planet is under attack by a Varanian fleet. Knowing Celica, if they are asking for help it must be serious. I am in the process of attempting to acquire more information on the situation."

"Most of you have seen a Varanian invasion before, or have participated in liberating planets from their "empire" in the past. You know how dangerous an invading army can be. For those who have not yet encountered this threat before," He said, focusing on the team of recruits. "Do not take them lightly. Varanians are on average the strongest species in the galaxy. The weakest Varanians shrug off bullets and can lift massive loads. Varanian technology is the most advanced outside of the beacon, and their weakest weapons tear apart armor. Invasion fleets are always lead by a Warlord Admiral, the biggest and strongest Varanian in the fleet. The bigger the fleet, the stronger you can expect the Warlord to be."

"When we arrive, we will need to counter the invaders on two fronts at minimum. On land, and in orbit. I am sure you have questions, so please ask them. I will give each team more detailed instructions seperately once I know more about the situation."

--------------------------------------------

Hivemind sent ahead a response to the Distress signal. "This is Hivemind of the Beacon of Hope. We are in route to assist. ETA, two hours."

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:55 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9989
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Then I take it I'm getting weapons and getting ready to get the government leaders out," Hannabelle remarked, although it wasn't really a question.
-------------------------------------------------------------
"Yeah," Sana complained. "The whole planet's offline. Even the federal links." She frowned. "I suppose Kamran might still be able to link as he does own a satellite... Uh, so the stories say."
-------------------------------------------------------------
"So I'm going to need access to heavier weaponry than usual, Hive," Jenny said. "Otherwise I'm just a target."
------------------------------------------------------------
"What are their weak points," Corp asked grimly, trying not to acknowledge the fear and worry he was picking up off the others. "And, Hive," he added, "if this is war, don't even try to enforce the no killing.
If you want your people to come back the best chance is to take the gloves off. If lethal force is necessary to save lives, it's tragic. But that may be what needs to happen to save other lives.
"
----------------------------------------------------------
Jaken stayed at the back. He wanted to tell Hive not to even think about leaving him up here whilst his world was in trouble but he had a feeling that saying something would make sure he was left behind. And those weren't his knees knocking with worry. Oh, no...
---------------------------------------------------------
Corvis trotted back to his home. There seemed to be something going on. Perhaps the TeeVee would tell him what.

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:48 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 3232
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Kolt sighed. ”It”s not that, it’s...” He trailed off, not certain how to phrase what he was about to say to June. ”I’ve already lost three kids who were under my care. I don’t want to lose you too, especially when we’ve had so little time together.” He said, before having a little lightbulb moment and pressing a few buttons on his gauntlet. ”Though I suppose if you’re that insistent on coming, your power makes it so I can’t really stop you, so I’d rather make it so you have at least a little bit of protection.” He said, as he opened up his hammerspace pocket and pulled out a watch identical to the one he used to assume his suited form. ”This is one of the watches my old team leader made to help me in the field. It’s the thing that forms my suit, and I’d like you to have it to protect yourself.”
-
”I’m going to have to agree.” Liz said, speaking up as soon as Corp finished. ”Until yesterday, no one on my crew had powers. Heck, until yesterday, no one on my crew was in this dimension. If we’re going to have any chance of surviving close quarters combat with these guys, we can’t afford to hold back.”

_________________
"I will be the Messiah! Hahahahaha!"
-


Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:20 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 4117
Images: 3
Location: inside a TARDIS that landed inside itself. Anyone know how to restart a stalled one of these?
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"if you can fabricate an EVA assembly, and a replica of the land sharks rift drive, I can get rid of their command ship in about five minutes." Kobor offers, strategically leaving out the part where the ship rift jumps into and telefrags itself 0.3 seconds into the past, retroactively atomizing it's present self. He does however sound supremely confident, like he's done this before...

_________________
Characters


Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:24 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3913
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Chris placed the bag in the cockpit and climbed inside, slipping on the helmet and sitting back in the chair, hands gripping the arm rests, Good. Let's see what's in store for us today. He let MT take the best route to the command center once they'd set off. They arrived just in time for the brief to start. Where do you think you'd rather be? In space or on the ground?

---------

Ulrich lifted a hand once Hive had finished the brief, "What kind of ground forces can we expect from the Varanian? Are there any tactics they use that we might be able to take advantage of?"

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA


Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:44 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 4117
Images: 3
Location: inside a TARDIS that landed inside itself. Anyone know how to restart a stalled one of these?
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Legotron123 Wrote:
Kolt sighed. ”It”s not that, it’s...” He trailed off, not certain how to phrase what he was about to say to June. ”I’ve already lost three kids who were under my care. I don’t want to lose you too, especially when we’ve had so little time together.” He said, before having a little lightbulb moment and pressing a few buttons on his gauntlet. ”Though I suppose if you’re that insistent on coming, your power makes it so I can’t really stop you, so I’d rather make it so you have at least a little bit of protection.” He said, as he opened up his hammerspace pocket and pulled out a watch identical to the one he used to assume his suited form. ”This is one of the watches my old team leader made to help me in the field. It’s the thing that forms my suit, and I’d like you to have it to protect yourself.”


june's expression looks like that of a child on christmas morning who just found a box bigger than they are, as she delicately takes the watch. a gleeful squeal building in her as she holds it before suddenly bounding forward and gripping Kolt in the tightest hug she can manage. letting go after a bit, she slips the watch on and starts fiddling with the buttons, somehow finding a suit variant that accommodates her fins on the first try. no helmet though, apparently it has trouble with her more sharkish features.

_________________
Characters


Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:37 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2443
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Then I take it I'm getting weapons and getting ready to get the government leaders out," Hannabelle remarked, although it wasn't really a question.


"You'll be getting a particularly special weapon, Hannabelle." Hivemind said as they walked and as he desperately tried to get a visual on what was happening. "Ever use a locator rifle? It's a long range precision target locator that lets me launch surgical strikes against designated targets. Holy **** that's a lot of Varanians. Gear hates laser-based weapons. He specializes in trick-shots, which you can't do with a target locator. As such, I'm going to give it to you. I want you to go with Angel team and the recruits to the surface. Is this acceptable?" He said, though he didn't really care if it was acceptable or not. He had just gotten a visual on the situation and had to make a droid in a safe room go into a swearing fit so the droid speaking to Hannabelle wouldn't. From what he could see on the defense satellite camera, they were dealing with one of the biggest Varanian fleets he had ever seen, and he couldn't even see all of it.

-----------------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Yeah," Sana complained. "The whole planet's offline. Even the federal links." She frowned. "I suppose Kamran might still be able to link as he does own a satellite... Uh, so the stories say."


"There isn't an easy or light way I can put this." He said, calmly but seriously. "Celica is under attack by a Varanian armada. We are moving as fast as this ship can to get there and stop it."

-----------------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"What are their weak points," Corp asked grimly, trying not to acknowledge the fear and worry he was picking up off the others. "And, Hive," he added, "if this is war, don't even try to enforce the no killing.
If you want your people to come back the best chance is to take the gloves off. If lethal force is necessary to save lives, it's tragic. But that may be what needs to happen to save other lives.
"


"Weak points include the eyes or the inside of the mouth. If they have a full helmet, than they don't have a weak point." He said in response to the first question, glancing apologetically at Gadgeteer who waved the concern away.

Legotron123 Wrote:
”I’m going to have to agree.” Liz said, speaking up as soon as Corp finished. ”Until yesterday, no one on my crew had powers. Heck, until yesterday, no one on my crew was in this dimension. If we’re going to have any chance of surviving close quarters combat with these guys, we can’t afford to hold back.”


"Regrettably, I agree." Hivemind said to the crowd of heroes. "The rules of war are very different from the rules of heroism. That being said, the rules of war are meant to make it as bloodless as feasibly possible. If your enemy is unable to fight back, do not fight them. If your enemy surrenders, accept the surrender. In other words, kill only when you have the immediate need, such as if the enemy is about to kill an ally." I will go over the rules with each of the teams individually later.

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"So I'm going to need access to heavier weaponry than usual, Hive," Jenny said. "Otherwise I'm just a target."


"Agreed, Jenny. We'll get you better weapons." hivemind stated. "Next question?"

Buster Wrote:
"if you can fabricate an EVA assembly, and a replica of the land sharks rift drive, I can get rid of their command ship in about five minutes." Kobor offers, strategically leaving out the part where the ship rift jumps into and telefrags itself 0.3 seconds into the past, retroactively atomizing it's present self. He does however sound supremely confident, like he's done this before...


"I'll... consider it." Hivemind replied, knowing exactly what Kobor was leaving out. "I have a different plan for the flagship though that requires it be intact. Destroy the flagship and it will no doubt be a huge blow, but Warlords are typically on the ground. Varanian Warlords never shy away from proving their physical strength. With the Warlord still standing, even destroying the "command ship" will still leave the rest of the fleet to continue the assault. However..." He brought up an image of what looked like a small radio tower. "If we can plant a Hive Relay on that command ship, I could use it's own systems and connection with the rest of the ships to infect the entire fleet, thus eliminating the orbital threat as well as any orbital support they have. Not to mention we could turn their own air and orbital forces against their ground troops."

Deske Wrote:
Ulrich lifted a hand once Hive had finished the brief, "What kind of ground forces can we expect from the Varanian? Are there any tactics they use that we might be able to take advantage of?"


"Expect a heavy focus on infantry. Heavily armed and armored ground troops dropped in from orbit. They do not go down easy, and can take injuries that would kill a normal person five times over. Their weapons are high powered and heavy, and their armor is relatively advanced. Higher ranking Varanians will have personal shielding systems. You can expect armored vehicles and tanks as well. They very much match the brute strength and overwhelming force tactics that Varanian invasion armies tend to exhibit. Varanian armies have been known to offer freedom to Corytophian slaves if they fight, so expect fast moving infantry that resemble raptor-basilisks. I'll add you should avoid killing Corytophians. They are slaves, and have a high chance of turning to our side the moment they know we can free them and their families from the Varanians. Finally, keep an eye out for the Warlord. You will know when you see him. At this time I don't know what tactics they may be using, but I will know more once we get to Celica. Usually it involves overwhelming force and shock tactics."

-----------------------------------

Deske Wrote:
Chris placed the bag in the cockpit and climbed inside, slipping on the helmet and sitting back in the chair, hands gripping the arm rests, Good. Let's see what's in store for us today. He let MT take the best route to the command center once they'd set off. They arrived just in time for the brief to start. Where do you think you'd rather be? In space or on the ground?


I can function in either environment. I have no personal preference for one over the other. What about you? He asked mentally as he listened to the explanation and description of their foe, holding onto every word.

-----------------------------------

Legotron123 Wrote:
Kolt sighed. ”It”s not that, it’s...” He trailed off, not certain how to phrase what he was about to say to June. ”I’ve already lost three kids who were under my care. I don’t want to lose you too, especially when we’ve had so little time together.” He said, before having a little lightbulb moment and pressing a few buttons on his gauntlet. ”Though I suppose if you’re that insistent on coming, your power makes it so I can’t really stop you, so I’d rather make it so you have at least a little bit of protection.” He said, as he opened up his hammerspace pocket and pulled out a watch identical to the one he used to assume his suited form. ”This is one of the watches my old team leader made to help me in the field. It’s the thing that forms my suit, and I’d like you to have it to protect yourself.”

Buster Wrote:
june's expression looks like that of a child on christmas morning who just found a box bigger than they are, as she delicately takes the watch. a gleeful squeal building in her as she holds it before suddenly bounding forward and gripping Kolt in the tightest hug she can manage. letting go after a bit, she slips the watch on and starts fiddling with the buttons, somehow finding a suit variant that accommodates her fins on the first try. no helmet though, apparently it has trouble with her more sharkish features.


At that moment, a hive droid showed up. He might as well have been carrying an axe labeled "reality" and holding it over "fun"'s neck. "What are you two doing? Kolt, you're late for the briefing. June, why are you in armor?"

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:37 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9989
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Just means I'll have to hit them harder, Corp stated when he got a chance. "We should get Seena up here. We don't entirely know how her abilities work but, if anything happens to disrupt your communications with the teams you'll need her as a relay."
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sana did her best to hold herself together, although her quivering lower jaw and drooped ears indicated it was quite a struggle. "This... this is bad," she stammered. "If... if Agent Miles is doing the Champions thing... I'm the senior a...agent not in combat. I'm... Oh, I hope Golta's O.K... I'm supposed to... to... set up a command post and... I don't even know how to do that!"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Sounds like cheating," Hannabelle remarked bitterly. "But in war no-one cares for the rules. Taking out the commander of an invasion fleet sounds an epic way to go."
----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Did I miss something," Jenny quietly asked Kol before indicating Liz and the others. "Who're this lot?"

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.



Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:47 am
Profile
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 13003
Location: Down under Down Under
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Early the next morning, Cailean thrashes against the bedsheets that have tangled him.
Black anguish and helplessness as on the screen a short dog in a skirt skips after a taller dog in a kilt into a mid-sized homestead oblivious to the dark object plummeting from the sky towards them. An orange bloom followed by the ripple of a shockwave blasting across the countryside. The red heat of pure, unadulterated loathing. A yell of rage. A violent struggle. White-hot lightning from a shock-baton. Agony as muscles involuntarily clench and cramp. Choking. A soundless scream.
Only, not so soundless in the waking world. Cailean screams and jerks, trying to fight off his captors, receiving fifty thousand volts again and again for his troubles.

~~~~~~~~
In his own room, Conall has woken for the fifth time that night. Yawning and grumbling to himself, he rolls over and tries yet again to get back to sleep, knowing it'll likely be futile.

_________________
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing Uncle Noob!

Image


Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:05 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9989
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
From asleep to combat ready in five seconds was never a good way to wake but, with Cailean's cries, that was how Sarah woke, rolling off the bed and grabbing the broom she'd found last night as an ersatz battle staff. She crossed to Cailean's bedroom quickly and gently held his arms to stop him hurting himself. "Cailean," she said with gentle purpose, "wake up, fella, it's Sarah. Yer safe wi' me, hen. It's Sarah, y'hear?"

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:01 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 4117
Images: 3
Location: inside a TARDIS that landed inside itself. Anyone know how to restart a stalled one of these?
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"You said you've fought them before, and they have state of the art tech. tech requires inteligence, how do you know they havent learned from you and have a countermeasure for that ready?" Kobor asked, skeptical "even something as simple as physical isolation of communicative and uncommunicative systems."

meanwhile, near the back,
"Loud." Kol growls through gritted teeth in answer to jenny's question, before her already quieter than normal voice dropped in volume. "lands below are being raided, we'll be heading down soon. raiders sound tough."

hearing afamiliar sounding metalic stomping, she glanced around, spotting MT,and immeduately heading over.
Knocking on his chassis she asked, "You have my armor in there?"

- - - - - -

"Cause i'm not staying here. Dad gave it to me." june states as if it was the simplest conclusion in the world.

_________________
Characters


Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:19 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 3232
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
”Wait, it’s already started? I didn’t think I had gotten that lost.” Kolt said, surprised at how much time he had wasted trying to find his way to the meeting. ”As for the armor, it’s like she said. She’s insistent on coming with us, so I wanted to make sure she’d be safe.”
-
Liz gave a quick nod at Hivemind’s words. Killing wasn’t something she liked to do, but if she had to, she wouldn’t hesitate to do it. She looked at the other members of her crew and knew that they felt the same way.

_________________
"I will be the Messiah! Hahahahaha!"
-


Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:17 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3913
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
I imagine the ground Varanian forces are going to be harder to deal with so we should probably be down there. I'm sure Hive has something in store for us, but if its down to choice, groundside is probably the best for us. He looked down as Kol strode up, nodding an answer to her question and opening the cockpit doors. Chris took off the helmet and reached down to hold out the bag, "Exactly to your specifications. All runes and colors have been put in their desired locations whilst maintaining functionality of the armor."

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA


Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:16 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:50 am
Posts: 1216
Location: The deeps of my own mind. Also Texas.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Tatiana nodded along with the information Hivemind was sharing, raising her hand quickly, "Any procedures for if and when we run into the Warlord? Like, will his defeat or capture bring a quicker end to the invasion?"

_________________
My RP Character Star
My RP Character Rosal
My RP Character Amanda


Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:26 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2443
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Sounds like cheating," Hannabelle remarked bitterly. "But in war no-one cares for the rules. Taking out the commander of an invasion fleet sounds an epic way to go."


"I have no idea what you are talking about." Hivemind said, honestly, as they walked into Champion Tower. "Orbital support is a completely legitimate military tactic. And I have no idea what you mean by "an epic way to go" since you will be well out of the way when the missiles fall."

They got to the armory and Hivemind pulled a rifle out of a locked case. It was somewhat heavy to dampen slight movements and twitches. It was also shoulder mounted to alleviate the weight the arm would have to hold up. He held it up to Hannabelle. "There is a knob on the side that lets you switch between the type of support you are requesting. I have visual confirmation as to what you are aiming at as an added safeguard. This is a lot of firepower you will be directing. I'm sure you understand." He started switching between the different selections. "First, Hornet missiles can be used to block enemy access to an area for a time. It can also be used as a crowd clearing weapon or set against a massive hard target. Bolt missiles are more precise and should be aimed at smaller hard targets like tanks or, if you encounter him, the Warlord. Aim at an ally, and the options immediately switch to weapon and medical drops. Understood?"

---------------------------------

Buster Wrote:
"Cause i'm not staying here. Dad gave it to me." june states as if it was the simplest conclusion in the world.

Legotron123 Wrote:
”Wait, it’s already started? I didn’t think I had gotten that lost.” Kolt said, surprised at how much time he had wasted trying to find his way to the meeting. ”As for the armor, it’s like she said. She’s insistent on coming with us, so I wanted to make sure she’d be safe.”


Hivemind shot a dangerous look at Kolt before the droid's flexible face went softer to speak with June. "June... This isn't going to be a fun venture through town stopping petty supervillains. This is going to be a full on war. There will be gunfire, explosions, blood, and death. You are a shark, June. Your instincts are strong. The blood alone will certainly cause you to loose yourself to that instinct, and I won't be able to lure you into a safe place down there."

---------------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Sana did her best to hold herself together, although her quivering lower jaw and drooped ears indicated it was quite a struggle. "This... this is bad," she stammered. "If... if Agent Miles is doing the Champions thing... I'm the senior a...agent not in combat. I'm... Oh, I hope Golta's O.K... I'm supposed to... to... set up a command post and... I don't even know how to do that!"


"Sana. Please, calm down. You can't help them if you are panicking. I will help you set up a command post on this ship." He said to her.

---------------------------------

Hivemind continued to answer questions.

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Just means I'll have to hit them harder, Corp stated when he got a chance. "We should get Seena up here. We don't entirely know how her abilities work but, if anything happens to disrupt your communications with the teams you'll need her as a relay."


"The entire ship will be alerted once this emergency meeting is over. At that point, I will request Seena's help." He said.

Buster Wrote:
"You said you've fought them before, and they have state of the art tech. tech requires inteligence, how do you know they havent learned from you and have a countermeasure for that ready?" Kobor asked, skeptical "even something as simple as physical isolation of communicative and uncommunicative systems."


"You would be correct, Kobor." Hivemind said simply. "However, the Hive relays enhance my technopathic power, which operates under a similar but different set of physical rules. It's more like mechanical telepathy. Technopathy does not require a wireless receiver to interface with an electronic system, so I can access isolated systems as long as they are in range of the relay." he explained.

"In speaking of relays, I need one on the ground as well as soon as I have permission. We don't have enough champions to effectively repel the Varanian invasion, but if I can get my droids down there, there will be more than enough manpower to form a solid and effective resistance."

Neon Icy Wings Wrote:
Tatiana nodded along with the information Hivemind was sharing, raising her hand quickly, "Any procedures for if and when we run into the Warlord? Like, will his defeat or capture bring a quicker end to the invasion?"


In answer to Tatiana's question, Hivemind replied. "Defeating a Warlord can end the fighting in an instant, but only if done in a very specific way. If they are defeated in single combat, all of their troops will follow the command of the one who defeated him. A formal declaration has to be made that the challenger intends to face the Warlord in One-on-One combat. No support is allowed, but each fighter is allowed to call for a respite once each. If any of you locate or encounter the Warlord, call me immediately. Keep your distance, and keep him occupied. Do not challenge him yourself. No one on your team is a match for a Warlord. Titan is one of the only ones strong enough to take down a Warlord in a Varanian duel."

---------------------------------

Hivemind sent another message ahead, attempting to get past whatever was blocking the signal. He had success, partly because he was using the possessed satellite to send it.

"Attention Celican authorities. This is Hivemind of the Beacon of Hope. I have received your distress signal. We are on our way to provide relief and assistance."

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Last edited by CyberDragon on Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.



Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:00 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9989
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
The voice that came through still carried Steel, even through the communications system. <<This is Vice... ah, ACTING President Zabta,>> the voice said, <<It was probably one of my more nervous Generals that called but, as you're here I suppose we can take the assistance.>> There was almost a snarl on the words 'as you're here'.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Right, right," Sana told herself. "Calm. Think of calming things. Ocean sounds..." she closed her eyes and tried to focus. "It's not... not easy when your ears can hear Fish passing gas at half a mile," she said, forcing something onto her face that looked like a smile.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Ah, I'm the painter? That's cool," Hannabelle mentioned. "I'm going to need some urban camouflage."

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:36 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 4117
Images: 3
Location: inside a TARDIS that landed inside itself. Anyone know how to restart a stalled one of these?
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
CyberDragon Wrote:
Hivemind shot a dangerous look at Kolt before the droid's flexible face went softer to speak with June. "June... This isn't going to be a fun venture through town stopping petty supervillains. This is going to be a full on war. There will be gunfire, explosions, blood, and death. You are a shark, June. Your instincts are strong. The blood alone will certainly cause you to loose yourself to that instinct, and I won't be able to lure you into a safe place down there."


"I may only be three days old, but I'm not an infant. I heard the announcement, I know what the word 'Invasion' means." June's expression has shifted while she talks, and her demeanor is actually reminiscent of talya. "I'm also a Kaal, and war is in our blood." she manages to get out with a straight face before her old childish mannerisms snap back and she grins playfully.

"Besides, if you didn't want me to see that stuff, you should have convinced dad to put a better password on his computer. I don't sleep." she adds, missing the point of hivemind's warning. Flipping Kolt's ID card into view from behind her back before she pressed it to the controls of a doorway in the corridor they were in and hitting a few 'random' keys. when it opened to the auditorium where the others were being briefed, she stepped backward through stopping just shy of backing into jenny, before tossing her dad the card.

(It's not a portal door, it's just her luck they'd stop in the right spot. :mrgreen: )

a few feet away Kol gives the first genuine smile she had that day before offering a quick thank you to Chris and MT, and starting to unpack and equip he gear.

_________________
Characters


Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:53 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 3232
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
”Hang on, what?! What do you mean, “lose herself to that instinct?!?”” Kolt said in shock, only catching the thrown keycard due to intervention by Quint. ”I have... so many questions. What is “that instinct?” How does she “lose herself” to it? What does blood have to do with it? Is this what happened to Kobor yesterday? Why didn’t you think to tell me about this?!? I’m her father! Sure, I’m not the best father she could have, but I still deserve to know about this sort of thing!”
(Don’t have anything for Liz yet, since there’s really nothing for her to interact with at the moment.)

_________________
"I will be the Messiah! Hahahahaha!"
-


Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:36 pm
Profile
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 13003
Location: Down under Down Under
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
From asleep to combat ready in five seconds was never a good way to wake but, with Cailean's cries, that was how Sarah woke, rolling off the bed and grabbing the broom she'd found last night as an ersatz battle staff. She crossed to Cailean's bedroom quickly and gently held his arms to stop him hurting himself. "Cailean," she said with gentle purpose, "wake up, fella, it's Sarah. Yer safe wi' me, hen. It's Sarah, y'hear?"

"Guh! Huh! Huh. Huh?" Cailean pants, looking around in confusion.
"Ah. Sarah... Sorry... Ah had th' dream again... Ah'm sorry... Sorry tae wake ye... Ah... Ah'm okay naow..." he tries to assure his guard, although the attempt is undermined somewhat by the quiver in his voice and wobble in his paw as he untangles himself from his sheets.

_________________
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing Uncle Noob!

Image


Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:32 am
Profile WWW
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2443
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
The voice that came through still carried Steel, even through the communications system. <<This is Vice... ah, ACTING President Zabta,>> the voice said, <<It was probably one of my more nervous Generals that called but, as you're here I suppose we can take the assistance.>> There was almost a snarl on the words 'as you're here'.


"Madam President..." he said politely. This was one of the three people he needed to earn the trust of. "Varanian forces are highly damage resistant unless you have the specialized equipment. Small arms will have no effect and high powered rifles will average taking down two infantry per clip. I have an army of expendable drones that are equipped specifically to deal with an invasion such as this, but I can't deploy them without a special relay on the ground. I need your permission to set up the relay if they manage to breach the planetary shield system."

- - - - -

At that moment, one of the defense satellites went offline, destroyed by a concentration cannon from one of the Varanian cruisers.

- - - - -

"I will need your cooperation if I am to help. Will you allow me to deploy a relay in the event they breach orbital defenses?" Hivemind requested.

--------------------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Right, right," Sana told herself. "Calm. Think of calming things. Ocean sounds..." she closed her eyes and tried to focus. "It's not... not easy when your ears can hear Fish passing gas at half a mile," she said, forcing something onto her face that looked like a smile.


"There. Now that you've calmed down, let's start setting up that command post, shall we?"

--------------------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Ah, I'm the painter? That's cool," Hannabelle mentioned. "I'm going to need some urban camouflage."


"I can do you one better." Hivemind stepped out of the armory and into the armor room. He came back out holding an odd round device. He tossed it to Hannabelle and the device gravitated toward her, latching onto her shoulder. Immediately the device cloaked her in a sort of adaptive camouflage. If she stood still, she would blend in completely with what was behind her like what usually comes to mind when most people think of chameleons. If she moved, there was some shimmering around the edges, but "In a raging battlefield with shots flying everywhere, the enemies' attention isn't going to be on faint shimmers. It's going to be on the target in front of them. This isn't the best cloaking out there, but it's sturdy, reliable, and it beats standard urban camouflage. Plus, unlike a full camo suit, this covers the rifle as well."

--------------------------------------

Buster Wrote:
"I may only be three days old, but I'm not an infant. I heard the announcement, I know what the word 'Invasion' means." June's expression has shifted while she talks, and her demeanor is actually reminiscent of talya. "I'm also a Kaal, and war is in our blood." she manages to get out with a straight face before her old childish mannerisms snap back and she grins playfully.

"Besides, if you didn't want me to see that stuff, you should have convinced dad to put a better password on his computer. I don't sleep." she adds, missing the point of hivemind's warning. Flipping Kolt's ID card into view from behind her back before she pressed it to the controls of a doorway in the corridor they were in and hitting a few 'random' keys. when it opened to the auditorium where the others were being briefed, she stepped backward through stopping just shy of backing into jenny, before tossing her dad the card.

(It's not a portal door, it's just her luck they'd stop in the right spot. :mrgreen: )


Hivemind stepped forward and put a hand on June's shoulder gently to stop her. "June... I know you are Kaal. That is why I'm worried." He said, ignoring Kolt for now. "You know that you aren't totally free from the residual instincts of your host. Those instincts are of a predator. Remember what happened your first day, and your first night? A single misfired gunshot and a bleeding hand set that off. There's a difference between seeing this stuff in pictures and being surrounded by it as I'm sure you know. Remember how I'm sure you felt when Jenny's leg got hurt? Or how you chased after the blood I pumped into the water? Do you really think that you will be able to control those instincts? From what I've seen, the answer is "no, not yet". And that's what I'm saying. I'm not saying never. On a different day I would consider letting you accompany us, but today the risks are just too great."

Legotron123 Wrote:
”Hang on, what?! What do you mean, “lose herself to that instinct?!?”” Kolt said in shock, only catching the thrown keycard due to intervention by Quint. ”I have... so many questions. What is “that instinct?” How does she “lose herself” to it? What does blood have to do with it? Is this what happened to Kobor yesterday? Why didn’t you think to tell me about this?!? I’m her father! Sure, I’m not the best father she could have, but I still deserve to know about this sort of thing!”
(Don’t have anything for Liz yet, since there’s really nothing for her to interact with at the moment.)


Hivemind turned back to Kolt. "Kolt, you have to understand that I have to balance many peoples' needs all at once. I need to balance your need to know with her need for privacy. I need to make sure that everything is safe on this ship while at the same time making sure people are still as free as they can be. I have to decide when something needs to happen immediately while still letting people take things at their own comfortable pace. If you want to know what is happening, then you should ask June, and if she is ready to tell you, she will. This is something you two need to discuss yourselves."

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:08 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9989
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
The line was quiet for a moment before she replied. <<For the duration of the emergency>> Zabta said with obvious reluctance.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Right," Hannabelle stated simply. "And one personal weapon. For defence if I'm physically attacked. Because," she continued, "sooner or later every shield fails and every gun jams but a knife is always a knife."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"What are the initial priorities," Jenny asked.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"And what do the natives look like," Corp added. "So we don't end up in a blue on blue fight."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jaken stayed quiet. He didn't have a clue what 'blue on blue' meant and hoped someone would tell him.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm gonna need to tell the council," Sana told herself and the droid. "A distress call might take ages to be picked up by anyone else. If I tell them they can get forces on their way sooner."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sarah unhooked Cailean's foot from the sheets before holding him close to her upper chest and stroking the back of his head. "Hey, 'ey," she said consolingly. "Y' been through a lot, hen, bu' yer safe now, y'hear?"

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:10 am
Profile
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 13003
Location: Down under Down Under
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Sarah unhooked Cailean's foot from the sheets before holding him close to her upper chest and stroking the back of his head. "Hey, 'ey," she said consolingly. "Y' been through a lot, hen, bu' yer safe now, y'hear?"

Cailean hugs Sarah, and feeling her steady heart beat against his chest, his own gradually slows.
"Aye. Thank ye." he says again, his voice steadier. "Sorry tae hae woken ye. What time is it?"

_________________
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing Uncle Noob!

Image


Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:46 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9989
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"A'reet, hen," Sarah said, before giving Cailean a consoling lick on the top of his muzzle, "Aboot six ah think. Ah've ta check on Conall but ah'll be back in a minute, y'hear? Then y'can tell me all y' want?" Gently she disengaged and went to look in on Conall.

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:15 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 3232
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Kolt grumbled in frustration. ”Fine. I still think this is something you should’ve told me about, but I can understand your reasoning.” He said, looking at the meeting through the portal June went through. ”Seems I’ve missed the briefing. You mind telling me what the emergency is, just so I don’t have to get the informations secondhand from the people who made it?”

_________________
"I will be the Messiah! Hahahahaha!"
-


Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:27 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 4117
Images: 3
Location: inside a TARDIS that landed inside itself. Anyone know how to restart a stalled one of these?
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Pouting and crossing her arms June complains, "Meanie. Stop trying to make me feel bad."

Her eyes are flaring and that particular drone may notice that it's sound hardware has failed...

_________________
Characters


Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:54 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2443
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
The line was quiet for a moment before she replied. <<For the duration of the emergency>> Zabta said with obvious reluctance.


Two more satellites went down. The rest were returning fire as the Celican orbital defenses scrambled. "Thank you, Madam President. We are less than two hours away and moving at top speed. You will have to hold them off until..."

The line went dead as the satellite Hivemind was using evaporated into a fiery cloud. "...then. Ah. That's not good."

-----------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Right," Hannabelle stated simply. "And one personal weapon. For defence if I'm physically attacked. Because," she continued, "sooner or later every shield fails and every gun jams but a knife is always a knife."


Hivemind walked over to the shelves carrying melee weapons. He pulled a basic combat knife off of the shelf and handed it to Hannabelle. "Diamond encrusted heated blade. Made of an alloy of my own design. This will go straight through a Varanian's scales and the armor of lower ranking grunts."

-----------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"I'm gonna need to tell the council," Sana told herself and the droid. "A distress call might take ages to be picked up by anyone else. If I tell them they can get forces on their way sooner."


"I'll work on getting you a direct secure line, but it will take a few minutes." Hivemind said. "What else do you need in the meantime?"

-----------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"What are the initial priorities," Jenny asked.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"And what do the natives look like," Corp added. "So we don't end up in a blue on blue fight."


"Initial priority is to set up a Hive Relay on the ground. I just got permission. Once that is done, I can deploy myself to handle the bulk of the fighting, leaving all of you for specialized missions. At the present time, the Varanians have not yet breached Celica's shields, but the satellites that generate the shields are falling fast. Odds are, the Varanians will attempt to take out or capture the anti-air defenses to enable their bombers, fighters, and Xaheix riders freedom to begin a rather devastating assault. Secondary priority is to secure the anti air batteries. Third is to locate the Warlord and contact me so I can send someone in with the power to challenge him. Finally we have space operations in this mission. Priority for that is to get a hive relay onto their command ship and defend it until I can possess the fleet."

To Corp's question, he replied. "The natives are Vulpine in nature. They resemble..." He caught a glance of Jaken. "...They look like bipedal foxes." He continued, but the look he gave Jaken was one of definite disapproval. He wasn't happy Jaken was there. "Other species live on the planet, but from what I know they are all mammalian. The Varanians look like..."

"Me." Gadgeteer interrupted and stood up in the front and turned to the crowd. One could now fully appreciate just how massive the Komodo Dragon-like genius hero was. He was over eight feet tall and had a build that a football player would kill for. Some of his scales bore odd scratch marks where something seemed to have clawed through the near unbreakable natural armor that covered his body, and when he spoke his wicked sharp needle-like teeth were visible. Overall, he was a very fierce looking person.

"Ah... Yes... Thank you, Gadgeteer." The Varanian sat back down. "You have one hour and forty five minutes to eat, get equipped, and get to the hangers. You are dismissed." He said before stepping off of the stage and starting down the way to the exit.

-----------------------

Buster Wrote:
Pouting and crossing her arms June complains, "Meanie. Stop trying to make me feel bad."

Her eyes are flaring and that particular drone may notice that it's sound hardware has failed...


Hivemind was prepared for this. Enough people told him he talks too much that he figured eventually June would feel the same eventually. He ran diagnostics and fixed his audio system. "June, you have nothing... ahem... There. You have nothing to feel bad about. You are in a very unfair situation. Circumstances have left you with a lot of power, little in terms of ways to control it, and a lot of ways for it to get out of control. None of this is your fault. It's just something that you are going to have to always keep in mind. Understand?"

-----------------------

Legotron123 Wrote:
Kolt grumbled in frustration. ”Fine. I still think this is something you should’ve told me about, but I can understand your reasoning.” He said, looking at the meeting through the portal June went through. ”Seems I’ve missed the briefing. You mind telling me what the emergency is, just so I don’t have to get the informations secondhand from the people who made it?”


Another droid walked up to Kolt while the first one spoke with June. "Long story short, Varanians are attacking Celica. It's a massive fleet. We need to get a hive relay on the ground so I can provide support, then you need to secure the anti-air defenses, then you need to locate the Warlord leading the invasion. Do not engage the warlord directly, you are not powerful enough to stand a chance against one. Nothing against you, but Warlords are often among the strongest and most stubbornly durable people in the universe without actually being considered empowered. In the meantime I will have teams going out to high ranking Varanian warships and installing a network of Hive relays so that I can possess the fleet and end this as bloodlessly as possible. Understood?"

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:22 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9989
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Corp looked the Gadgeteer over for a moment. "Excuse me a second," he said, stepping back. With a gesture he extended the suits inlaid knife rig, catching both knives by the hilts so he could disengage the Carbonised Steel knives. These he put in his pouces, replacing them with two Silver Steel blades. "Sunday best," he said simply, shucking the knives back into hiding. "Now for the guns. Shall we, Captain," he asked, gesturing politely towards the exiting Hivedroid, which Jenny was following.
----------------------------------------------------------
Jaken had the feeling Mr Hive was going to try to leave him out of this. He wasn't totally sure he wanted to be in a war zone anyhow, not after the events of the last few months, but this was still his world and he felt a rage against being useless that kept him from wanting to be left behind. He was going with Miss Rika. Or he'd at least argue for it.
----------------------------------------------------------
"Um, some sort of visual relay," Sana said, half guessing, "a way to establish comms... no, that's the same thing... " She swallowed and tried to focus. "Um, a chair, a more powerful computer so I can try and access Kamran, see if his satellite's still up as it's kinda off the grid. Oh, and a quart of Coffee and a headache pill. Turns out my wine tolerance is quite low."
---------------------------------------------------------
"You really do have all the toys, don't you," Hannabelle queried as she tested the weight and balance of the blade. "And keep this from Jenevive and the kids for as long as possible, right? No sense worrying them. Or them trying to stop me. It'd just make it harder. Not that they'll be up, right," she asked, clearly leaving it as a question.

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:52 am
Profile
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 13003
Location: Down under Down Under
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"A'reet, hen," Sarah said, before giving Cailean a consoling lick on the top of his muzzle, "Aboot six ah think. Ah've ta check on Conall but ah'll be back in a minute, y'hear? Then y'can tell me all y' want?" Gently she disengaged and went to look in on Conall.

Completely unaware of the presence of the collie poking her nose around his door, Conall huffs again and rolls onto his back, staring at the ceiling and resigning himself to not getting any more sleep.

_________________
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing Uncle Noob!

Image


Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:58 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9989
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Sarah listened for Connals' breathing and, hearing it strong and steady and noting the fact that he was probably awake from his movementn, left the door open slightly and headed back to Cailean's room, again leaving the door open as she sat by him on the bed. "Tell me about it," she asked gently.

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:01 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 3232
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Kolt gave a quick nod. ”Understood. Just two questions. One, how am I supposed to identify the Warlord in charge? Do they have some kind of signature armor or something that separates them from the soldiers? And two, what kind of tactics should I be expecting? Are they going to do hit and run, wounded gazelle, overwhelming force, what?”
-
”We shall.” Liz responded, as she and Lewis got up from their seats. ”I’m curious to see what kind of weapons this dimension has. Maybe get to meet some new people too. Armory’s are fun like that.” She said, turning to follow the Hivemind droid out the door.

_________________
"I will be the Messiah! Hahahahaha!"
-


Last edited by Legotron123 on Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:29 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 8:52 pm
Posts: 1137
Location: England, UK
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
After Hivemind's debrief, Rika nodded in acceptance to Hive before leading Jaken out the auditorium and over to a quiet corner of the hallway to talk to him.

"Alright Jaken, I'm going to be honest with you. And I have a feeling you aren't going to like what I'm about to say.." She started calmly, kneeling down to his level. "..This misson is going to be an all-out defensive war against these Vanarians, and war is no place for.. Someone of your age, no matter if you have powers or not." She told him, trying not to use the word 'child'. "But, I'm sure we can figure out something you can do to help, here. Yes, that means you're not coming with me. No, I'm not going to argue with you to change that." She added, saying the last part more strongly. "I'm sorry Jaken, but it is far too dangerous for you to be down there. Especially since their government quite obviously wants you dead." She finished, looking into his eyes with a stern face, yet understanding and caring eyes.

-----

Traci, who seemed even more stressed now than she was before, headed straight for the armory to choose and grab her equipment whilst sipping on her energy drink which she still had as she went.

_________________
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference


Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:39 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9989
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Um..." Jaken said, unsure of things now. "...but who will protect you and get you out of trouble?" He tried a grin but he wasn't really feeling it. He had an almost desperate need to help his home now and here was the one real person he cared for stopping him from doing it. He'd made up his mind to hit Hive if he'd tried to talk him out of it but... he couldn't hit Miss Rika! "I am sick of running away," he said tightly, "and the people I lo...like being killed behind me!" He tamped his foot. "Without me you better be careful, Miss Rika! And Mr Mind better have something important for me to do!"

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:17 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 8:52 pm
Posts: 1137
Location: England, UK
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Rika sighed, her face lightening. "I understand, Jaken. I'm sure Hivemind definitely has something very important that you can do. As for me, I can promise you I won't get hurt. The rest of the team won't let that happen. And I won't let them get hurt too." She said confidently, putting a hand on the young Celican's shoulder and giving it a light squeeze.

_________________
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference


Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:39 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 4117
Images: 3
Location: inside a TARDIS that landed inside itself. Anyone know how to restart a stalled one of these?
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
CyberDragon Wrote:
Hivemind was prepared for this. Enough people told him he talks too much that he figured eventually June would feel the same eventually. He ran diagnostics and fixed his audio system. "June, you have nothing... ahem... There. You have nothing to feel bad about. You are in a very unfair situation. Circumstances have left you with a lot of power, little in terms of ways to control it, and a lot of ways for it to get out of control. None of this is your fault. It's just something that you are going to have to always keep in mind. Understand?"


"What if i promise i'll keep it under control, I promise i wont bite any of the heroes or the jaken-people. pleeeease?"

-----

Kobor meanwhile seems to be making a beeline for the nearest place that has proper EVA gear. while kol, now properly suited up, is following along with chris since she's lost sight of jenny. "So are you and your iron lizzard coming with us? I didn't get a chance to see how you two fight tast time." she states seemingly looking forward to this.

_________________
Characters


Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:42 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3913
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Chris chuckled, "Ah well, he's not really my iron lizard. I don't think it'd be nice to take ownership of him without his permission. As for fighting styles, it's probably a mix of guns, explosives and the occasional 'use the jaws to bite something in half'. Though neither of us are really sure where we'd be most useful. I'm leaning towards the ground though since it seems like the bulk of the forces will be there."

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA


Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:08 am
Profile
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 13003
Location: Down under Down Under
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Sarah listened for Connals' breathing and, hearing it strong and steady and noting the fact that he was probably awake from his movementn, left the door open slightly and headed back to Cailean's room, again leaving the door open as she sat by him on the bed. "Tell me about it," she asked gently.

For a moment Cailean looks like he will. Then he looks away from Sarah and sighs, fiddling with a corner of the sheet.
"Trust me, ye dinnae want tae ken..."

_________________
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing Uncle Noob!

Image


Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:30 am
Profile WWW
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2443
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Um, some sort of visual relay," Sana said, half guessing, "a way to establish comms... no, that's the same thing... " She swallowed and tried to focus. "Um, a chair, a more powerful computer so I can try and access Kamran, see if his satellite's still up as it's kinda off the grid. Oh, and a quart of Coffee and a headache pill. Turns out my wine tolerance is quite low."


As soon as she said that, a hive droid walked in carrying exactly that on a plate with some basic breakfast. "Yeah, I could tell you had a bit of a hangover. As for the chair and computer, I have both in this office. I'll let you use one of my own communication relays. Connecting... Done. Go ahead and take a seat, the secure line is almost established." Hivemind said, proving once again how almost alarmingly efficient he is on this ship.

-------------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"You really do have all the toys, don't you," Hannabelle queried as she tested the weight and balance of the blade. "And keep this from Jenevive and the kids for as long as possible, right? No sense worrying them. Or them trying to stop me. It'd just make it harder. Not that they'll be up, right," she asked, clearly leaving it as a question.


"One of them was awake, but I don't think he heard anything. Corvis, I think. I told him to go back to bed, though it isn't going to matter. In a couple minutes the sirens will go off and tell the people the general situation. Can't keep them in the dark about it. No reason to tell your family you are directly involved, though." He said as an answer.

-------------------------------

Legotron123 Wrote:
Kolt gave a quick nod. ”Understood. Just two questions. One, how am I supposed to identify the Warlordin charge? Do they have some kind of signature armor or something that separates them from the soldiers? And two, what kind of tactics should I be expecting? Are they going to do hit and run, wounded gazelle, overwhelming force, what?”


"For the first question, you will know because he'll be the biggest, strongest Varanian around. I mean he'll be building sized. Fully armored as well. Probably carrying a heavy melee weapon and a ceremonial pistol gauntlet. For your second one, generally it will be overwhelming force, though they often use Corytophian slaves for hit-and-run or shock tactics. As far as overwhelming force goes, they have some of the most powerful brute force weapons in existence. Even their small guns are anti-armor simply from how powerful they are." He explained. "It would take a miracle for us to get this done with no innocent people hurt. It would take an even bigger one to get through this without having to kill." He said to Kolt, but while making sure that June could hear that last part.

- - - - -

Buster Wrote:
"What if i promise i'll keep it under control, I promise i wont bite any of the heroes or the jaken-people. pleeeease?"


Hivemind smiled sympathetically. "June, you have a great deal to prove. However, I can't authorize you to go, and you have to prove to me that you can keep it under control before I can. I'm sorry." He turned to walk away.

He knew exactly what he was doing. He put it in her mind that she needed to control herself to do what she wanted. He put it in her mind that she needed to prove herself if she wanted to go on adventures. Finally, he gave her two definite ways she could absolutely prove herself: By making sure no innocent people were hurt in this ordeal and by making sure that the Champions didn't have to kill. There was no way he could stop June from doing something she is dead set on doing. She would make it to the planet. Her power would focus on getting her what she wanted. It would focus on helping her control herself, thus eliminating bloodshed wherever she could see, and it would focus on helping her prove herself, thus hopefully minimizing the body count. This was a risky thing to do, but if she was inevitably going to be down there, he at least wanted control to be on her mind.

-------------------------------

~\Rook/~ Wrote:
After Hivemind's debrief, Rika nodded in acceptance to Hive before leading Jaken out the auditorium and over to a quiet corner of the hallway to talk to him.

"Alright Jaken, I'm going to be honest with you. And I have a feeling you aren't going to like what I'm about to say.." She started calmly, kneeling down to his level. "..This misson is going to be an all-out defensive war against these Vanarians, and war is no place for.. Someone of your age, no matter if you have powers or not." She told him, trying not to use the word 'child'. "But, I'm sure we can figure out something you can do to help, here. Yes, that means you're not coming with me. No, I'm not going to argue with you to change that." She added, saying the last part more strongly. "I'm sorry Jaken, but it is far too dangerous for you to be down there. Especially since their government quite obviously wants you dead." She finished, looking into his eyes with a stern face, yet understanding and caring eyes.

~\Rook/~ Wrote:
Rika sighed, her face lightening. "I understand, Jaken. I'm sure Hivemind definitely has something very important that you can do. As for me, I can promise you I won't get hurt. The rest of the team won't let that happen. And I won't let them get hurt too." She said confidently, putting a hand on the young Celican's shoulder and giving it a light squeeze.


At that moment, a Hive droid showed up. "Rika, we need to get to the armory. I need to give you your Champion armor. Jaken, I wish you hadn't seen that." he said, turning to the young Celican. "I know you want to help, but it would way too easy for an "accident" to happen in the crossfire. I can't let you go down there. We'll just have to find a way for you to help from up here."

-------------------------------

Buster Wrote:
Kobor meanwhile seems to be making a beeline for the nearest place that has proper EVA gear. while kol, now properly suited up, is following along with chris since she's lost sight of jenny. "So are you and your iron lizzard coming with us? I didn't get a chance to see how you two fight tast time." she states seemingly looking forward to this.

Deske Wrote:
Chris chuckled, "Ah well, he's not really my iron lizard. I don't think it'd be nice to take ownership of him without his permission. As for fighting styles, it's probably a mix of guns, explosives and the occasional 'use the jaws to bite something in half'. Though neither of us are really sure where we'd be most useful. I'm leaning towards the ground though since it seems like the bulk of the forces will be there."


MT was leading the way down to the armory. "I am built for shock tactics and overwhelming offensive firepower. As a disclaimer, Chris, do not use my jaws to bite anything organic when controlling me. Bits and pieces could get in my jaw's joint and cause corrosion and jams. Metal is fine though." He said as they reached the armory and entered it.

Kobor would find that the armory is the nearest place with EVA gear.

-------------------------------

~\Rook/~ Wrote:
Traci, who seemed even more stressed now than she was before, headed straight for the armory to choose and grab her equipment whilst sipping on her energy drink which she still had as she went.

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Corp looked the Gadgeteer over for a moment. "Excuse me a second," he said, stepping back. With a gesture he extended the suits inlaid knife rig, catching both knives by the hilts so he could disengage the Carbonised Steel knives. These he put in his pouces, replacing them with two Silver Steel blades. "Sunday best," he said simply, shucking the knives back into hiding. "Now for the guns. Shall we, Captain," he asked, gesturing politely towards the exiting Hivedroid, which Jenny was following.


Hivemind led the recruits out of the room through the crowd of heroes also exiting, following behind Angel team. He led them down to the armory, where they would see walls and shelves lined with state-of-the-art weaponry as well as several people already there including Hannabelle, Kobor, Chris, MT, Kol, Traci, and Angel team. "Check the weapons and see if there's something you like. I'm going to the back to get you your armor. Yes, you will be needing Champion armor this mission, no that is not optional. If your power depends on your armor, then you at least need the stasis triggers." With that, he walked into the armor room.

-------------------------------

Outside and throughout the ship, alarms started wailing eerily from the tops of the buildings they were placed on and the ship intercom announced the situation. "ATTENTION ALL RESIDENTS. THE BEACON IS ABOUT TO ENTER A KNOWN COMBAT ZONE. PLEASE REMAIN CALM. YOU ARE SAFE WITHIN THE SHIP. HOWEVER ALL CIVILIAN ACCESS TO THE OUTER RIM IS FORBIDDEN. PLEASE EXERCISE CAUTION WHEN GOING ABOUT YOUR DAILY ACTIVITIES."

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:18 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 3053 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 77  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.