OOC: Radients Vineyard.

For all those times you're not in character, try new "Out of Character"

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Buster
Game Master

Re: OOC: Radients Vineyard.

Post by Buster »

on the right hand side there are colored squares, just highlight the text you want and click the square of the correct color.

or you can manuallyenter it by typing this:

Code: Select all

[color=#000000]your text here[/color]
and replacing "#000000" with the color's hexadecimal value.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
midnight

Post by midnight »

Ok thanks.
Btw there are any free space in this neighborhood?
And what i have to do if i join?
I dont want to randomly join.
"Do you expect me to write a good reference? How about: Spartans never die, only dissapear in combat"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

The GM, Neon, can answer most of those. What we do here is basically communal storytelling where we each write for one or two (or sometimes more with the GM's permission) characters and we have our characters interact with the characters controlled by other players. Another way to put it is that we're "imaginating" or "playing pretend" but through text instead of in person. The theme of this particular RP is basically Housepets but the pets themselves have magic of their own, no demigods needed.

The GM is the person in charge of the RP. They're the ones that approve your character, that create story arcs for everyone to follow, and that make sure their players remember to post so the story can keep moving.

So what you need to do for now is wait for Neon to comment on your character sheet. They'll probably give you a couple of tips to improve it or to flesh it out a little and then once they give you the go-ahead you can write an introductory post to explain how your character got to the neighbourhood and to get them into the story.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

midnight wrote:Hi, I'm obviously posting here 'cause i want to join in this neighborhood.

Name: Eclipse
Color:Red (i dont know how to put color on text, so tell me pls xd)
Type: Main Character
Species/breed: husky
Appearance:His ears, face and stomach have white fur, and his back Is a light brown. Eyes colors: cyan.
Personality: Is the type of pet that doesn't have too much opportunities, and yet still tries to finish, always aiming to do something, not amazing, but at least a bit better than last Time.
Other notes: Is a apprentice magician, but his skills are not the best ones, and is looking for someone to train him.
For now, the only magic things he can do is mixing potions (and the half of them finish in a explosion), and a few (and low Powered) tricks he can do from books.

Str-5 Per-8 End-7 Cha-6 Int-6 Agi-6 Luck-4
Seems decent Midnight! Just could use a few touch ups and maybe expansion on backstory and history if you so choose, such as where he learned magic before, why he no longer is there, but again this is your choice and is only important for potential character story. Remember that you should be able to edit your posts to touch it up if you want, to fix things up or flesh out! The first small thing is that the human years to pet years is off, as pet years are 3.5 times human years, small but felt should be noted. The second is, unless my math is off, you haven't used all 42 stat points, again minor but I feel its important. The most important one may be the fleshing out of his magical power, if only it be a few examples here to give us an idea of what plethora of small things he can do, and due to the way the story has gone it would probably be best to keep in mind how his magic works, where the energy comes from and how he wields it and focuses it, as that's a common talking point in the RP at the moment.

While that all may seem daunting, funnily enough I don't really see anything keeping you from jumping in, except maybe the few examples to give us a baseline of what Eclipse can do. Of course I suggest reading the past few pages of the RP to get a feel for the way things have gone. While the biggest group and the Bellus home may be a bit harder to infiltrate there are two other groups that you could run into if I remember correctly. There's Bonnie and Jake finishing up the meal portion of their date and then Phoebe and Rua getting to know each other. So, honestly feel free to jump in whenever wherever!

I guess I'll also take this time to say if anyone wants to respond to Socks' outburst/plea you should do so soon as I will be making an effort to move things along soon, things were just a tad busy the past few days.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Would he get to the bellus home if a teleport spell went awry?
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Perhaps, just feel like the Bellus home group has too many characters all in one place with a unified kinda goal at this point. Just the diversifying of the groups would be a bit better and easier to integrate into than the main group, especially for a new player as the main group can go kinda slow at times.
midnight

Post by midnight »

ok first of all, i already learn how to put color, so I'm ok with that.
Second, yeah no, your maths are off, i make count and the 42 points are there, then you have a problem xd.
Three: i will edit the sheet, to get a litle deeper in story. It will probably be edited by now.
Four: Question: how i make the link to the sheet, to make Easy for everyone.
Five: what about if you make a litle summary so far, i will read, but 86 pages are TOO MUCH INFO, even for me. (And yes, i read a Lot)
Finaly, soon i will in to the RP, so BRACE YOURSELVES!
"Do you expect me to write a good reference? How about: Spartans never die, only dissapear in combat"
midnight

Post by midnight »

No one has post anything in the RP, so the GM can make the story continue?

I think i can enter in the story on that way (a non-random way)
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Well this RP has run slow for awhile now, and I am currently constructing my post for the group my characters are in. And I'm still new to GMing so I try to be careful about what I do about players my characters aren't directly interacting with being slow, as I don't want to rudely interject with an NPC and don't know when to poke them and ask. Honestly my advice would be to just jump on in and make it obvious which characters are near and would take notice of you're characters action. At most PM people yourself if its been awhile, to maybe remind them. Though keep in mind that this is a casual RP and real life comes first, so it might take a bit for some to get back and post, but for me it's all about the interactions and character building and evolving, which I myself am happy to wait for. So, yeah, just find a group in the RP that makes sense for your character to interact with, jump in and have fun, I say!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

the other two groups are mostly being held up by my insistence on keeping pace with the main group.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

All the more imperative that I get a move on then! I'll try to speed up my posting to get the moving post out sometime tomorrow.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

So not only was Phoebe abused and almost killed by her owners, she was also apparently sent to a kill shelter. And then when she escaped from that, she was nearly eaten by a fox. Getting shot with a paintball is probably the most pleasant thing to have ever happened to this character. Dang. I should give the little bunny a break.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
midnight

Post by midnight »

CyberDragon wrote:So not only was Phoebe abused and almost killed by her owners, she was also apparently sent to a kill shelter. And then when she escaped from that, she was nearly eaten by a fox. Getting shot with a paintball is probably the most pleasant thing to have ever happened to this character. Dang. I should give the little bunny a break.
Yeah a "break" is not enough for her i think, she would need vacations.

Also, im trying to figure out wich group is wich one, so i dont know who is part of the bellus home and the other two groups, and i have read a lot of the story.

Can someone say a litle summary and members of the three groups, and then i jump in.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Jake and Bunnie are on their date, Phoebe and Rua are enjoying horrifying back stories meanwhile literally everyone else is at the Bellus's. And it just keeps going there, hopefully once we get to a natural end point for the day we can have more groups with more characters per, but who knows.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Neon Icy Wings wrote:Jake and Bunnie are on their date, Phoebe and Rua are enjoying horrifying back stories meanwhile literally everyone else is at the Bellus's. And it just keeps going there, hopefully once we get to a natural end point for the day we can have more groups with more characters per, but who knows.
Bonnie's the Dalmatian. Jake's the Bunny.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
midnight

Post by midnight »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Bonnie's the Dalmatian. Jake's the Bunny.

WELCOME TO BRAIN GAMES XD :lol:
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

First rule of construct creation: complexity and size work against eachother, large simple shapes will always be easier to make that comparatively smaller complex shapes. fabric? complex, very taxing. conical spkes? not so much.

Second: the casting glyph scales to how many spells you're trying to cast simultaneously.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

@Neon: I'm stuck until you post again. Sorry to be a pain.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Sorry about that, it's just been a day of small distractions and mental lapses and my brain didn't know what it wanted to do with the post near the end. Think I like the final product at least. Sorry for the hold up everybody!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

midnight wrote:Maybe you are more experienced in magic than me, but i know how to read it

considering my previous post flat out stated the runes were unreadable, and no two casting methods on display in this thread have the same mechanism, strengths, or weaknesses; no, you can't.

a subtle shaking in ones hands could be any number of things, and i don't recall anyone else here using substance-withdrawal like symptoms for being low in mana. Rua is only trying to hide it because she doesn't know that, as far as she knows, they all work the same.
midnight

Post by midnight »

Buster wrote:
considering my previous post flat out stated the runes were unreadable, and no two casting methods on display in this thread have the same mechanism, strengths, or weaknesses; no, you can't.

a subtle shaking in ones hands could be any number of things, and i don't recall anyone else here using substance-withdrawal like symptoms for being low in mana. Rua is only trying to hide it because she doesn't know that, as far as she knows, they all work the same.

Ok, i get the confussion, what i say of read it, is see it, like being capable of see how many mana someone is using, that's what my character is capable of.
Example: if someone use a litle of magic to make fire to make instant soap, it would see a litle Shining aura, and if someone use the magic to create a GIGANT FIREBALL it would see a gigant aura.

My character cant read runes, he even doesn't know how to do it.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

you might want to be more descriptive with your posts when introducing a mechanic for the first time then.

also your gramar is a little off "much" is the quantity term most often used along side Mana, not "many".
midnight

Post by midnight »

Buster wrote:you might want to be more descriptive with your posts when introducing a mechanic for the first time then.

also your gramar is a little off "much" is the quantity term most often used along side Mana, not "many".
Yeah i will be more descriptive for now on.

And i have to say, my english is horrible, how much? I have google translate open in other page. :lol:
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

midnight wrote:And i have to say, my english is horrible, how much?
that's... not even close to what i said.

Your use of 'many' is incorrect, the more common word to be used there is 'much'.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster, he's just saying why he got some grammar wrong. His English isn't his main language and could use some work. It will improve with time the more he uses it and the more we offer advice and corrections.
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

his response made it seem like i was accusing him of having horible english, which it isn't, it's passable, he just had one word that needs fixing.

why is everyone ganging up on me all of a sudden?! i was trying to help!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Gives Buster a hug. Hopes it's welcome.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
midnight

Post by midnight »

Buster wrote:why is everyone ganging up on me all of a sudden?! i was trying to help!

I will get you a lawyer, relax.
And yeah I'm going to be better with Time.

Also thanks for the advice, you dont how MUCH i appreciate. Better? :lol:

(Sending virtual huge! 98% 99%......failed uploading.

Grab the phone and throws it for the window.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Nobody was ganging up on you, Buster. Not even me. I get that you were trying to help. I just thought you misunderstood the intent behind his response.

*hugs*
-Champion Motto

midnight

Post by midnight »

CyberDragon wrote:Nobody was ganging up on you, Buster. Not even me. I get that you were trying to help. I just thought you misunderstood the intent behind his response.

*hugs*
Yeah it's okey.
Come online, Lets get this going.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I don't think they meant to gang up on you, Buster.
I do think that your posts were interpreted to be a little more aggressive than you intended them to be though.

I'm glad everyone is taking steps keep calm though.

But if anyone wants to vent a little, please do feel free to PM either myself or Serence. I think that would be better than risking inflaming things here.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

I already have a post written out related to your origional response, night, I'm just waiting for the others before I put it up.

It involves a lot of grumbling about finding someone 'aware' who can enforce tresspassing laws, and where to stick him in the interim.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

HELLO!!! *Listens for echo*
Deske

Post by Deske »

*not even an echo*
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Who are folks waiting on?
-Champion Motto

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

I was waiting on either Deske or Welsh to post, so it would't just be me and Hlaoroo having a back and forth, so I guess it is I who is now the invoker of waiting (note to self, must not take forever to post this time). Not sure about group two though.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

It's Bonnie's turn for our pair.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

i have posts ready for groups two and three, but i don't want to get too far ahead.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Not to sound too impatient, but can we move things along?
-Champion Motto

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Apologies for keeping things held up! Life's kept me from really sitting down for these longer ones, especially when it doesn't come too easily to me. I'll try to hit it out soon, and hopefully not be cause of pause in the future.