Untold Stories

Discuss the comic here
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Untold Stories

Post by rickgriffin »

Since in the current comic I'm teasing something I didn't think I was gonna tell but now might, I want to ask the forums for suggestions on stories I've implied happened in the comic but never told.

For instance, I am formulating a story about Breel's old life in the nineteenth century.

I might gather up some suggestions and make them into a poll!
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers
midnight

Re: Untold Stories

Post by midnight »

Well......you kinda never make a story for Daisy.
It will be interesting.

Hi I'm Daisy!
"Do you expect me to write a good reference? How about: Spartans never die, only dissapear in combat"
dusk

Post by dusk »

Hm...story of how Max and Rufus know one another, obviously.

Personally, I want to see some interactions between the Celestials. Comedy gold, right there. Kitsune is one of my favorite comedic characters, after all.
As I gaze upon the stars, I realize how much I will miss this world.

20-23-5-14-20-25 25-5-1-18-19 8-5 4-9-4 14-15-20 18-5-20-21-18-14,

20-8-5 19-9-24 6-9-14-7-5-18-5-4 13-9-19-6-9-20 23-9-20-8 12-15-20-19 15-6 6-21-18.

*Russian Intensifies*
Krytus The Dreamer

Post by Krytus The Dreamer »

how about one specifically on Mungo? he's pretty fun
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

I'd like to know how Marvin and Max became friends. It's a really odd pick but it's something that was kinda around in the early comic that we haven't seen much of. Might not really be a story but in case it is, it's one I'd be curious to see :)

Besides that, the interaction that lead to Duchess and Bino getting together. Seems like it would have been a really interesting exchange.
ImageImageImageImage
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

How about Grape's pre-Sandwich life? I've been curious about that, as it seems to be implied that she has abandonment issues during the Farm arc.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Not A Furry

Post by Not A Furry »

How max got his ear injury, of course
Also Joel's pets
Last edited by Not A Furry on Mon May 21, 2018 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
midnight

Post by midnight »

(I'm here waiting to see how fans KILL EACH OTHER for storys...........and rick too hahahaha.)
"Do you expect me to write a good reference? How about: Spartans never die, only dissapear in combat"
biddyfox

Post by biddyfox »

Personally, I want to know what Rex is up to nowadays. Or Mr. Steward,
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I would like to see some of Max's past. It would be nice to see how Max and Sabrina's dating was like back before they broke up. Was it good? bad? Mutual? or even better: find out how his ear got bit.
Last edited by GameCobra on Mon May 21, 2018 6:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
dusk

Post by dusk »

I am so happy this thread now exists. Hearing people's ideas is always cool.
As I gaze upon the stars, I realize how much I will miss this world.

20-23-5-14-20-25 25-5-1-18-19 8-5 4-9-4 14-15-20 18-5-20-21-18-14,

20-8-5 19-9-24 6-9-14-7-5-18-5-4 13-9-19-6-9-20 23-9-20-8 12-15-20-19 15-6 6-21-18.

*Russian Intensifies*
jonas

Post by jonas »

Yay, Breel!

OK, let's see. If I had to drop a few suggestions...
  • How did Mungo get superhero-level strength?
    How did things turn out with Satau and Ptah? Did they ever kiss shake hands and make out make peace?
    Was Pete always a manipulative jerk? Did something make him that way? "Why do mortals get the happy endings!?"
    Keene's past with his mother, his father, and I dunno, any other formative influences/experiences?
    And I suppose seeing Cerb in her old job might be interesting.
Last edited by jonas on Mon May 21, 2018 6:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

How Fox managed to avoid Fido the entire time during his K9 training and afterward without any interaction (or was there?).
(After a nice little break from drama, preferably. Some more slice of life stuff would be nice. :) )

Where Pete and Dragon are now
Last edited by Douglas Collier on Mon May 21, 2018 6:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

An arc about Grape’s past.
Last edited by Saturn381 on Mon May 21, 2018 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Pandooble

Post by Pandooble »

I want to know why the main villian in the Spot comics is still wearing the dress.

...I need to get my priorities straight...
I'm great at adding nothing to the conversation :'D
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Delusional Steve's past
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
TheSilverFox51

Post by TheSilverFox51 »

I want the backstory of Daisy and... and... Okay so that's the only idea I have.I'm not very creative :(
Allons-y
Not A Furry

Post by Not A Furry »

Oh and also how old are the characters
HellishK9

Post by HellishK9 »

Grape's past would be interesting.
Maxwell's ear bite might be answered soon.
Seeing what happened with Joel's pets would also be intriguing.
jonas

Post by jonas »

One more, since reincarnation of some sort is canon now:

This, but for Grape. x) (I'm really just being fanciful now, but it's a cute idea, amirite?)
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Joey in his cat suit at a furry convention?
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

I have a few lingering questions about some of the humans in the comic. Not because I'm human-biased, but because, well, they don't get much time in onscreen, do they?
What's the story behind The Man who Speaks Only in Rhymes?
What has Celia Milton been up to?
Will we ever know more about the life and mind of the late Mister Milton?
Not A Furry wrote:How max got his ear injury, of course
Also Joel's pets
These ones too, obviously.
Hey, maybe Maxwell's ear and his adventures with Rufus are connected!
midnight wrote:(I'm here waiting to see how fans KILL EACH OTHER for storys...........and rick too hahahaha.)
Into the fray!!!
Wait, maybe we don't need to fight. We'll just wait for Rick to make ALL the stories!
You know the fandom too well, Douglas.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Outside of obviously this revelation being followed up on. Off the top of my head, I can think of

Max's ear bite, Grapes past, Sabrina with her Dad, and as odd as this is going to sound coming from me of all people Tarot before meeting Dragon or right after, and that other U&U game that Pete and Dragon were from before coming to the Housepets Universe either the past of it or how it going currently.
Arvetis

Post by Arvetis »

I mean, I'd love to find out if the pic I posted in the Breel/Keene thread is anywhere close to canon...
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

List time! Here are the ends that I've found are still loose:
1. Well, you could finally do The Catnip Arc from the first year. What's that? You want me to take an extended vacation in Pandemonium for mentioning that? Gotcha.
2. Fiddler and Keys. Even if you are vehemently against telling us which is the girl and which is the boy, you could still talk about how they got together and what caused their relationship to become so strained or how they learned to play/what it's like to be musical cats in a neighborhood of companion pets.
3. All of Grape's questions from Most Pertinent Of Questions that haven't been answered yet.
4. In the What's the Story? arc you allude to the backstory for three of the wolfs but don't actually go into any of them.
5. Weather or not Great Kitsune has an avatar and if so, who they are.
6. I don't see how you could reintegrate this, but how about something explaining the rules of Pandemonium. Why the Forgotten's is there (what does it do when not kidnaping martens), what are all the poor souls working towards, what was different about Keene's stay because he was still living, etc.
7. These question's likely aren't meaty enough for an arc, but who said their parents are from Morocco in Christmas Card and does time flow objectively different in Heaven and Pandemonium compared to Earth or is it only the characters experiencing time subjectively different faster or slower?
Not limiting to stuff you've implied happened in the comic but never told and just suggesting stuff to request what comes next seems to be popular too. In that case my vote would be an arc about Ralph's personal life (Quick, I need to rationalize... uh, he's a person so that implies he has a personal life and the only time he was out of uniform for two consecutive comics was as a guest to Bailey and King's wedding. Phew, nailed it.).
The cape comes with the promotion.
anhedral

Post by anhedral »

I keep going back to that big reveal about Daisy and Sasha in 'K9PD'.

There is so much sadness contained in Daisy's statement here, and in the strip that follows. If I'm reading it right, some pets are pretending to be less intelligent than they really are, just to fit in with what society expects. That's a potent brew. I'd love to see more of the 'real' Daisy and Sasha – how they behave when they don't need to keep up that front. Daisy especially.

Or perhaps Lana will have more luck with the Equal Chance Program than Keene ever did, and the issue will resolve itself that way.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

I'd like more Marvin, just cause he seems to be the least developed character. We don't know his personality outside of consoling Tiger and spying on dogs. even Spo and Squeak had a whole arc away from their usual partners to give them more substance.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Some of these have been said already, but...

A story with Marvin, most preferably in regards to his friendship with Max. Whether it be explaining why they fell out(if they did), or it might be them trying to get back together.
Further Grape backstory. I don't care if it's sad, I think the comic's made jumps in dramatics to the point where we can tackle whatever abandonment she went through.
PONCHO! I just want more of Poncho the wolf, like maybe a mini arc focusing on him in some way.
Speaking of background character focus, I'd like to see Griswold, Sten, and Devo share some sort of arc.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Oh, I forgot to mention:
rickgriffin wrote:For instance, I am formulating a story about Breel's old life in the nineteenth century.
WOOOOOOOOOT!!!!! : D
Champion Wallace wrote: Weather or not Great Kitsune has an avatar and if so, who they are.
I don't think he had an avatar. He was kind of moderating the game.
Wait, Pete and Dragon where playing this game to see who would become leader of their gaming group. But they ended up in a tie.
Does this mean they will eventually play this same sick game again in another world?
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
Not A Furry

Post by Not A Furry »

Also the original naked arc
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Maxwell's story. Like, when he got adopted by the family who adopted also Bino (so we know their surnames) and when he injured his right ear (which gives him a great personality, though). ;)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

A lovely stew of suggestions....some endorsements and a couple thoughts on my own.

1. FOX and FIDO. Their meeting seems in the cards but its been a long game. Both serving on the force, the reconciliation between Fox and Sabrina, their encounter mist be preordained. It's outcome not so much.

2. SASHA/SASHA and DAISY. Fans have speculated about Sasha's relationship with her owner, Mr. Hartford, especially contrasting his neglect and abuse with her unwavering devotion to her "Daddy". I'd also enjoy seeing the friendship between her and Daisy developed, either for comic contrast or to have a "gal-pals" relationship get some spotlight in the strip.

3. DAISY/others. I'm cheered to see that other fans see narrative possibilities in Daisy's character, especially after she revealed a deeper, more thoughtful side during her interrogation by Fox and Mungo. Besides her famous "Hi, I'm Daisy" line and eccentric behavior, she did show kindness to the ferals - an unexplored area. She might also provide a more mortal romantic interest for Fox or even Mungo. How about Daisy trying to join the K9 Force? It's the 21st century, folks, and stranger things have happened in Babylon Gardens...

4. What are Ace, Rook, and Olive about these days? Do they know they have an "Uncle" Kitsune?

5. The Maxwell-Sabrina story remains and might fit in with her coming into Tarot's orbit.

6. Ink has a crisis of faith, Jessica begins to wonder if there isn't something to this "opener" stuff, and Cory, Stewart, Trinket, and the raccoons plot to make money off the whole thing, and poor Zach is caught in the middle of it all.

7.. and, realizing they've matured over time, I'm ready for some old-fashioned Peanut-Grape lunacy.
Regards.
dontebell

Post by dontebell »

a story of Peanut before he meet Grape
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

I've been thinking this over. I agree with many things that have already been suggested (some multiple times), so I won't re-list those.

Something I'd like, although I don't know how it could be integrated into the comic proper, is more information expanding and exploring the world as a whole, especially the history.

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
Tappy Too

Post by Tappy Too »

I like the idea of getting to see more backstory arcs. Bino, and what happened in his early life to make him like how he is now, Tarot, and where she came from, Tiger, and his long history of being bullied, Max, and his relationship with Sabrina + getting his ear chopped off and his Rufus shenanigans, Poncho, and how he got the scar and poncho, etc.
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Others have already mentioned most of my curiosities, but I'll second a couple of my favorites anyhow. In no particular order, of course.
  • Tarot backstory. Whether that be before or after her meeting with--and becoming the avatar of--Dragon.
    The story with Joel's pets.
    A dual-backstory with Peanut and Grape, leading up to their meeting when the Sandwich family adopts Grape.
    Also a little insight into Fido and Sabrina's relationship and/or the events leading up to it would be glorious~ ;)
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
Ralph

Post by Ralph »

A story of the how the celestials came up with the game. Also Pete's life when he was with Cerberus.(like a glimpse of it)
Sansash

Post by Sansash »

I remember Zach wrote in his diary that he was working on a novel at the beginning of The Great Water Balloon War! Probably a throwaway character bit but I'd like to know more!

Also Alan and the Ground Squirrels need some catastrophic movie deal escapades

EDIT: Hello Ralph and welcome! :D
kavviyenta

Post by kavviyenta »

What about the life and times of the crazy cat lady and her clutter of Siamese cats?
http://valito.deviantart.com/ my deviant gallery, nope there's no housepets in it

Unless you like Lilo & Stitch, kinda wish to see the experiments in housepets style