Non HPU: Beacon Of Hope OOC

For all those times you're not in character, try new "Out of Character"

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Legotron123

Re: Non HPU: Beacon Of Hope OOC

Post by Legotron123 »

Buster wrote:well, I've already botched two interviews, so can't get any worse... I hope...

EDIT: and of course i spend a stupid amount of time typing the thing and this blasted machine reboots right when i finish and am going back through it to start doing the color-coding. i'm not dealing with this tonight...
That’s the sort of thing that really makes you need a hug. Or a punching bag. Punching bag helps too. And I can do both!
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Legotron123 wrote:
Buster wrote:well, I've already botched two interviews, so can't get any worse... I hope...

EDIT: and of course i spend a stupid amount of time typing the thing and this blasted machine reboots right when i finish and am going back through it to start doing the color-coding. i'm not dealing with this tonight...
That’s the sort of thing that really makes you need a hug. Or a punching bag. Punching bag helps too. And I can do both!
You're a hugging bag?
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Legotron123 wrote:

You're a hugging bag?
Indeed! Though I’m much better at the hugging part than the getting punched part. I’ve always been a wuss when it comes to physical pain, and I cry rather easily.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

CyberDragon wrote: Several of Hive's red flags were raised when she grabbed the scalpel, but he simply observed for now. She was clearly just fixing her arm. Why she didn't try one of the many medical stations nearby though, he had no idea. Heck, she even got the materials from one.
probably because her technical knowledge is a century behind even her own world, to say nothing of this one. doing things manually on the other hand is a skill that never really ages.

she has no clue what that thing is, only that it had a supply of useful equipment with it.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Sorry I haven’t posted yet guys. For some reason this post is really struggling with me. I’ll try to have it up sometime tomorrow.

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

uh welsh, a tourniquet is an extremely tight binding meant to cut off blood-flow to a wound, to keep someone from bleeding out. a bandage meant to limit movement of a broken bone or dislocated joint is a splint.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Buster wrote:uh welsh, a tourniquet is an extremely tight binding meant to cut off blood-flow to a wound, to keep someone from bleeding out. a bandage meant to limit movement of a broken bone or dislocated joint is a splint.
Right-ho. Early morning posts for the mistake...
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

“Dragon-bird like the one from before,” eh? Considering for the last one, I posted a picture of Xenowing from Power Rangers Dino Charge, I think I’ll do something similar here.
D6C3DFDA-3335-4DFA-8315-B90EF3A343E5.jpeg
D6C3DFDA-3335-4DFA-8315-B90EF3A343E5.jpeg (185.28 KiB) Viewed 11985 times
Doomwing is the one in the center.

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Thought if there was anyone Hanna thought was going to cause her trouble it should be a Foxhound...
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Name: Ensign Chris Saka

Sub-Rank : Maintenance Chief

Color: 000005C

Type : Main

Species: Coyote

Neighborhood: STEELHAVEN Beacon of Hope

Appearance: Light tan stomach that spreads to his thighs and gives way to a darker tan that covers most of his body. Dark brown markings on his ears and tail that intermingle with the dark tan.

Personality: Chris does his job and he does it well. He is a kind person, maybe a bit rough around the edges, but he's personable by any standard. He likes to work on things and feels more at ease when he is doing so. He's not much of a fighter but put him in a mech or a fighter and he's relatively above average.

Backstory: Chris was born and raised in the 'country' where skills like being able to fix your own truck or atv were looked upon with pride. Not to mention that they also saved money. But times were hard and Chris felt he could lessen some of the load off of his family by enlisting and sending some money back home. So he set out to do so and succeeded in doing it, making his way to the Steelhaven and to the position of Maintenance Chief.

Other notes:

- Possesses a wide range of knowledge on how to repair aircraft, spacecraft and the occasional antique pocket watch.

Stats:
- S: 5
- P: 7
- E: 5
- C: 4
- I: 6
- A: 6
- L: 5
- P: 10

Power : Capable of repairing mechanical objects by touch. Requires only a portion of the object regardless of size.

Weakness : His power requires physical touch. It is ineffective if contact with the object is removed.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Approved. Thanks, Deske.

For anyone wondering, a level 10 mechanical healing power like this basically means that whatever the size of the machine, he can repair any damage done to it as long as only a small piece of it remains for him to come into contact with. For example, if Requiem from Halo 4 blew up and all that was left were a few scattered pieces, he'd be able to regenerate the artificial planet entirely as long as he was in contact with it for long enough.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

what would happen if he uses his power on different pieces of it then? can he essentially multiply anything that way?
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

I kind of imagine if there are multiple pieces, they would reassemble themselves. However, as a level 10 power, there is a lot of room for interpretation so I'll leave it up to Deske.
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

UNLIMITED POWER Carefully controlled and effective abilities.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

imagine this guy running through the battle field between Hivemind's bots and some other enemies, regenerating the whole bots from pieces of broken ones, thereby multiplying hivemind's forces with each passing moments.

it's like a technological version of necromancer........technomancer?..... :lol:
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

I'm sorry to everyone waiting on the training session to resume, especially Neon, but that post is going to be a very long one, so I need to wait until I have more time to write it. Ideally I will have it out by tomorrow evening.
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

i really hate autocorect sometimes. it keeps trying to insert a c into jaken's name.

Also, Seriously deske? of course there's bigger wrecked things nearby, THERE'S AN ENTIRE WRECKED SHIP A FEW METERS BEHIND HIM! :mrgreen: :lol:
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

:lol: :D

I'm really looking forward to the reactions from the people in that group to the suddenly repaired shipwreck.

Also I figured tomorrow would be a better time to write the post to resume the fight since I have the whole day off.
-Champion Motto

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

I for one, have absolutely no idea how to respond to the Steelhaven being suddenly repaired. Literally the only things I can think of that would be in character for Liz and Lewis to do is either faint, or sit in a corner waiting for the hallucinogens they must’ve taken to wear off.

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Well, either of those reactions could be funny. Spouting random incredulous gibberish with dropped jaws could add to that.
-Champion Motto

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

I was thinking of changing Liz’ text color to make it more different from Kolt’s. Anyone mind if I change it to this?

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

That's fine, lego.

The simulation has resumed. I know I said it would be a long one, but I realized that in the last post of the simulation, the opponents were able to make progress but you guys weren't able to react. So I decided I'd have them be disoriented for one turn as they relocate their targets.
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

Buster wrote: Also, Seriously deske? of course there's bigger wrecked things nearby, THERE'S AN ENTIRE WRECKED SHIP A FEW METERS BEHIND HIM! :mrgreen: :lol:
Yeah well I didn't wanna go "Oh man fixed this robots arm. What's bigger than an arm that I can use to test my limits. Oh here we are. Lets fix this GIANT CAPITAL SHIP." I figured that maybe, just maybe that might have been a big leap. :mrgreen:
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Wait, are the Chargers robots? Because Tatiana’s (I have no idea how to spell that from memory) attack was described as turning them into shards, and I don’t think you can really do with something made of flesh.

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

from the start the chargers were described as some kind of autonymous attack drone.

mechanical, disposable, single-minded, and frankly oddly squishy.

i've been thinking of them as robot zerglings.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Buster wrote:from the start the chargers were described as some kind of autonymous attack drone.

mechanical, disposable, single-minded, and frankly oddly squishy.

i've been thinking of them as robot zerglings.
Must’ve missed that part. I think I have what I need to start working on my next post.

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

.....Deske, you do realize that “weapons grade” ammonia (which is what smelling salts are made of) is fatal in big concentrations, right? You could’ve just killed my character by having Denverado throw that many under his nose. I’m wondering if I should ask you to change your post, or view this as a role playing opportunity and google the effects of ammonia poisoning.

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Deske, change your post please.

Also in my mind, the chargers are autonomous drones that have no mind aside from "reach and kill the target". Their armor is cheap, hard, and brittle. Basically killing one is a binary deal. You destroy it, or you do nothing to it. If you tried to punch one with normal human strength, it would do squat, but if you shot one it would shatter and disintegrate. They are built to go after unarmored weaker targets being guarded by heavier targets and their strategy is to simply swarm everything and have so many numbers that it's difficult to destroy them all before they reach their target.

They are very loosely based off of the flood infection forms in that they are individually weak and easy to kill, but all it takes is one of them getting its hands on the civilian.
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

I'll just wait for someone else to do something. I did already post. *shrug*
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

In my defence, I never saw that post. Also Corp uses normal smelling salts and only for a few seconds

And Jenny's using her power non-fatally. She's had over a decade of training in that.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

You know, of all the things I’ve used for fake swearing, I think Super Sentai mech finishing moves has to be my favorite.

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

RIP all of my free time...

Honestly I'm looking forward to when this battle ends and I don't have to do a bunch of calculations. I get enough math at work.
-Champion Motto

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Ok, so I've figured out actual mechanics for this boss.

Cold Front is doing two main things. The first thing is the whiteout. This serves multiple purposes. First is that it makes it impossible to see him. He cannot be attacked directly unless the snow is stopped or cleared in some way. However, he is possible to hit, it will just stun him. Second, the snow is burying everything. People in buildings will become trapped quickly, and anyone moving on the ground will inevitably be slowed.

Second, Cold Front is guarding Heat Wave. Heat Wave is visible in the snow, and can be attacked. However, Cold Front will block any attack against him with an icy wall if he isn't dealt with first.

Heat wave is a bit like a smarter charger. He will move toward the target. If he reaches the civilian, it's a loss. However, he will attack anyone who gets close.

These two characters are Lego's suggestion. The mechanics are my idea.
-Champion Motto

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Meant to post this yesterday, but it’s boss battle time again! And since Cold Front has turned the whole arena into a blizzardy wasteland, I think an icy theme would be fitting. Also, yes they are a reference to something. I’ll let you figure out what it is they’re referencing.

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Awesome. :D
Twilight Princess is a great game.
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Blizzy and Sandy from Kingdom Battle?
The hailfire peaks dragons from Banjo Tooie?
I'd guess Waterblight and Fireblight, but that's rain not snow.

sorry, that's the only duos like that i can remember off the top of my head.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

They aren’t from any video games, but they are related to video games. Also, the originals didn’t have fire and ice powers, I gave them those because I thought it’d be neat.

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

@Welshie

Cailean's gun looks something like this:

Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Would it be weird to say I’ve been looking forward to what Cold Front did to Kolt’s eyes? I specifically put into one of the PMs I sent to CD, “If Cold Front feels trapped, he will freeze the eyes of his opponents to leave them in crippling pain,” with the intent he’d use it on someone. I was fully willing to have it be Kolt, as long as it got used at all.