Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

CyberDragon

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Agreed," the old hitter stated, "although I do claim self defence rights if it all goes birdies up." She drank some of the coffee. "Not so terrible," she admitted.
"Never was into coffee myself." The android offhandedly commented. Given Hivemind's human nature is not common knowledge outside the Beacon, this might sound strange coming from an android. "Of course you have the right to defend yourself. Just don't use that as an excuse to preform an assassination. You are to avoid any danger or hostiles, and remain on the Beacon unless accompanied by at least one Champion."

Finished with his conditions, he decided to ask about her earlier question. "By the way, why did you want to know about the Lycan?"
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Hmm?" She mused, her left ear flicking slightly. "He's a hunter of repute," she stated, "quite popular in certain circles, I understand. And there is the idea of denying the Medicant even ONE life is something of a bonus. What was he doing on that cruise anyhow?" She shook her head clear of the rumination. "Trust me," she admitted, "I might have been able to boast if I'd beaten the Lycan with knitting needles but I'd never have been allowed to forget it if anyone had killed him when I could prevent it..."
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

In the ICU, the Lycan was fighting for his life. The viral cardiopulmonary inhibitor placed inside the syringe causing his heart rate to become erratic, and the plague was beginning to reach it's infectious stage. All doctors were rushed out before that could happen, leaving the Lycan at the mercy of time and the virus. He had mere seconds to live.

The Good Doctor rushed past the fleeing doctors and into the Lycan's room. She placed a hand on his chest and commanded his heart to be steady. The Lycan felt an unbelievable pain in his chest as his heart was forced to beat normally against the influence of the virus. Once he was stable, The Good Doctor went to work, commanding the infection to begin the process of destroying itself.

--------------------------

"He isn't well," The android said, "but the doctor just got him stabilized. Knowing her, she'll have him on his feet by tomorrow. I wasn't aware that he was popular on Celica. At least, more popular than our other Champions. It makes sense though, he stages his captures of criminals like hunts. More like horror movies, to be honest."
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Tch, blasted madman," Hannabell cursed before frowning. "Except he isn't. What did he use? Something local?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Black plague. He was trying to trigger an epidemic." Hivemind replied. "It's a near fatal illness that nearly wiped out two continents in ancient times. He made a strain that was resistant to modern treatments and combined it with who knows what else. If our doctor didn't literally have the power to command pathogens to kill themselves, the Lycan would have died two minutes ago."
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Madman," she repeated. "Butcher beyond compare." She put her thin fists to he underside of her jaw. "But not insane. He probably immunised himself in case of accidental exposure. Have you checked?" She returned to trying the coffee.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana merely gave a shrug towards Ulrich, "I don't know. I've felt out of the loop the moment we landed back on the shore after beating down the giant mech,.. I don't even know what they did with that guy!" She gave a modulated sigh, half circle lights flashed on her helmet for a moment, highlighting her annoyance at either her own obliviousness or the lack of proper information management amongst the team, "I'm up for anything, so it doesn't really bother me."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Madman," she repeated. "Butcher beyond compare." She put her thin fists to he underside of her jaw. "But not insane. He probably immunised himself in case of accidental exposure. Have you checked?" She returned to trying the coffee.
"Checking now."

[Running P2.scan()]
[Scan complete]

"He did indeed immunize himself against the plague, but not the cardiopulmonary inhibitor." The android responded. "I will question him further, but it might be a moot point. Both infected individuals are top priority and will be treated by the best healer we have. They might not be feeling good enough to be back on their feet in minutes, but they will both be strong enough to move by tomorrow. By the way. Have you ever heard of someone known as Sleeper, or Julian?"

-----------------------

>I have another question for you, Medicant. By what means did you immunize yourself?

-----------------------

Predator flew high above the resort until it was in the center between where the fight happened and where he picked up the Medicant. He ran the scan and immediately found the missing first aid kits. Silently and when no one was looking, Predator swooped down and grabbed them, carrying them back to where he had scorched the other needles. It placed them down on the warped and burned concrete and incinerated them as well.

With the biohazard threat gone, Predator dropped it's stealth mode. It opened it's jaws again and the ring of light appeared once more. The third light on it's torso blinked furiously, then went out as the biohazard drone materialized, exiting the ring and falling out of Predator's mouth. The biohazard drone got up. "That was an... experience. Good to know that feature works..." It walked back to the remaining people and turned to Jolty. "Why don't you ask if you can go with them? It seems they are going back to the aquarium to see if there are any jellyfish. Or you and Kol could go to the theme park. They have some pretty nice roller-coasters."

Meanwhile, the police were about to swarm the area. The chief was caught in an argument with one of the biohazard droids.

"It's safe to enter now, but I had to quarantine two people. I recognize the importance of cooperation, but there was no way I would let you into an area where weaponized pneumonic plague had been released." The droid said quietly so that only the Police Chief could hear.
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"No," she admitted after considering it for a moment. "although he has been known to take on an apprentice from time to time. He occasionally uses them when he thinks the area is too dangerous for him or when he needs to be in two places at once. I met the last one once." Her look wrote volumes on how that encounter had gone.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
"Of course, Mister....Mind," the Police Chief fumed, "and, even though the owner is not prosecuting anyone over this for whatever reason, I would like to know what happened here."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I think I'm able to guess some of it, Kolt," Jenny advised. "Through personal experience, I mean." She sighed lightly, enjoying the feeling of him. "I figured there'd be a time you'd tell without asking, sweet, but I'm willing to talk. And willing to listen."
”Whether or not I’m ready to talk, I kinda feel like I need to talk, at least to someone who doesn’t already know the whole story.” Kolt said, lifting his head off of Jenny’s shoulder and digging through his suit’s pocket. ”Everyone I’ve talked to about it already knows what happened, and they’ve all said the same couple of lines about how it’s not my fault, how there’s nothing I could’ve done, blah blah blah. While it is nice to know they don’t blame me for what happened, that doesn’t change the fact that I blame myself for what happened.” He said, eventually finding what he was looking for in his pocket and pulling out the locket from before. He opened it up and tilted it for Jenny to see, letting her get a good look at the three kids inside. ”These are Alya, Nino, and Lila. They were each Wards under my care, and because of my failures, they’re all either dead or worse.”
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jenny looked at the pictures. "Sweet looking cubs," she admitted, sitting up to get a proper look. "So what happened to them?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

”Oh Gods, they were the best. Alya had this sense of curiosity that drove her to constantly try new things, Nino was always ready to tell a cheap pun and had a tendency to randomly twirl when he got excited, and Lila had one of the biggest hearts I’ve ever seen.” Kolt said, a faint smile on his face as he thought of all the happy memories he had with the teens. That smile turned to a frown as he tried to find the courage to talk about what happened to them. ”Alya died when a grenade broke her forcefield and flung her into an exposed piece of rebar. Nino was taken by a race of interdimensional Cape slavers called the Yah Rin. Lila....” His voice trailed off as he tried to work out a better way to put how she died. ”She took Allsight’s campaign of torment harder than any of us.”
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"At least it hasn't been a boring day?" was the best response to Ulrich and Tatiana that Kol could come up with. In truth she was just as out-of-the-loop as her teammate, but she just took that in stride; not knowing what was going on in this place was more or less the norm for her this far...

- - - - - -

>Hmmm... thats...
>I don't think the combination of abilities you have matches any Gift I'm aware of and I don't recall you displaying a corona during your 'chat' with Talya.
>Not to mention a gifted wouldn't have had to fight me the whole way...
>This is... something new.

Their voices have blurred together enough that it's impossible to tell which one is talking anymore by this point.

>As to the Rhoui, what did you call her? Kol?
>Their home system is on the outer edge of Vertos Prima... You call it M32. How many sectors of that galaxy have had close-orbit surveys?

June meanwhile has found an outfit she likes, and of course it's going to be in the same colors as Kolt's suit...
"Looks good on you kiddo, Lets get this paid for."
"Thanks dad. I hope Kolt agrees." She answers with a toothy smile looking forward to meeting her other "father" at the event later.
"We should probably get going. I'd like to get a pigment I can use to make my shell look a touch less gaudy before we have to go."
"Can I help? I can probably find the right place!"

- - - - - -

The mad doctor raises an eyebrow at that and snickers. Apparently surprised that Hivemind hadn't put those pieces together. "Isn't it obvious? Controlled exposure to the failed samples. I can't exactly leave evidence like that behind, so why waste it?"

"Speaking of wastes of space, How's Belle doing? Got her locked up in this digital maze too?" he asks his tone twisting into something sickening near thee end. a quick glance into his thoughts would reveal why.

It would be kind of nice to know if her sister survived my little gift last year... or if her skin's grown back if she did.
I do hope not. I would need to find a new penance for taking Mito.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jenny sighed. "They followed you into 'the life', eh? Inspired by you. Trained, at least partly, by you, with your values and goals? Yeah. Some..." She took a breath. "I had a brother called Garrett. Sometimes I just think I did as I lost him so long back on the Colony but, every so often, a smell or a sound or a taste brings him back. We'd escaped from the labs at the time, we had. Living loose in the streets of the colony and generally taking what we needed to survive. This one... this one evening we're grabbing food from a closed market and I'm on lookout. I got some new Binocs," she continued, simulating the product with her hands as she dropped into the accent she'd had when growing up, "an' I knows I'm good wif it, y'know? 'Cept'n I'm not knowin' they're busted a bit. The infra-red sometimes don't work proper. It switches off, right? So I keep th' radio we got on to talk t' Garrett an' I'm watchin' the market when blap! Infra-Red cuts out. Garrett asks why I'm swearin', right? I should tell him the things're broke but I've not eat'n in two days an' I figure I might be able t'fix them. I just need a couple' minutes, y'know?" She paused again and, when she continued, her voice was back to normal. "So I told him it was a local creature and started trying to push that button. It takes about thirty seconds to snap back into place. And there's two security guards coming right towards Garrett. I tell him to bug out but, by then, it's too late. He got caught. He ended up back at the labs. And I don't know if he made it out again. I can't say it wasn't my fault any more than you can say it with yours. I...I know that, if he's dead, I'm not really responsible for his death, again like you with yours, but we have some responsibility for the decisions that got them there. I can say 'why didn't I tell him the truth?' You have 'why didn't I make them become something else?'" She put a hand to his cheek. "I'll never tell you not to have guilt, my handsome, I'd just tell you not to let it devastate you. You never forced any of them down a path, Kolt. You never stopped them becoming accountants or Sports Stars or Politicians. You inspired them down the path because they wanted to go down it." She sniffed, something not water trickling from her eyes.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
dusk

Post by dusk »

Jolty said nothing, nodding, lost in thought, before walking off.
As I gaze upon the stars, I realize how much I will miss this world.

20-23-5-14-20-25 25-5-1-18-19 8-5 4-9-4 14-15-20 18-5-20-21-18-14,

20-8-5 19-9-24 6-9-14-7-5-18-5-4 13-9-19-6-9-20 23-9-20-8 12-15-20-19 15-6 6-21-18.

*Russian Intensifies*
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"No," she admitted after considering it for a moment. "although he has been known to take on an apprentice from time to time. He occasionally uses them when he thinks the area is too dangerous for him or when he needs to be in two places at once. I met the last one once." Her look wrote volumes on how that encounter had gone.
"I see. I know you have already told me about your grandcubs, but what about other family? I assume they would also need protection?"

-----------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Of course, Mister....Mind," the Police Chief fumed, "and, even though the owner is not prosecuting anyone over this for whatever reason, I would like to know what happened here."
The biohazard droid threw it's hands up in an exaggerated shrug. "Wouldn't I like to know! We were just here to pick up a friend and convince him to rejoin the Champions. Then a spaceship crashed with an unknown alien species on it. Then a giant mech attacked. Then a demigod of hate tried to possess the mech pilot. As if all that weren't enough, someone sent a band of assassins to kidnap a Celican kid. Next thing I know, The Lycan is down and infected with an unknown disease, Tempest is calling in support, and I'm fed up with all of it, so I sent the Warriors to discourage further attacks. That's when I found out about the plague being released, hence the biohazard droids walking around." he added the last part in.

-----------------------
Buster wrote:>Hmmm... thats...
>I don't think the combination of abilities you have matches any Gift I'm aware of and I don't recall you displaying a corona during your 'chat' with Talya.
>Not to mention a gifted wouldn't have had to fight me the whole way...
>This is... something new.

Their voices have blurred together enough that it's impossible to tell which one is talking anymore by this point.

>As to the Rhoui, what did you call her? Kol?
>Their home system is on the outer edge of Vertos Prima... You call it M32. How many sectors of that galaxy have had close-orbit surveys?

June meanwhile has found an outfit she likes, and of course it's going to be in the same colors as Kolt's suit...
"Looks good on you kiddo, Lets get this paid for."
"Thanks dad. I hope Kolt agrees." She answers with a toothy smile looking forward to meeting her other "father" at the event later.
"We should probably get going. I'd like to get a pigment I can use to make my shell look a touch less gaudy before we have to go."
"Can I help? I can probably find the right place!"
>We've surveyed all of it. Kol's species has never been seen before.
>Knowing that both you two and Kol come from the same timeline, we should be able to schedule a trip there soon.

Upon June suggesting she lead the way, the hive dragon let out a static burst like laugh. "You know what? Go ahead, June. Lead on. By now I think you'll find it better than I will."

-----------------------
Jolty-Kun wrote:Jolty said nothing, nodding, lost in thought, before walking off.
"Have fun. Make sure you are back by 7." Predator called after Jolty as he left.

(Jolty has decided to go idle until the plot resumes, which will happen as soon as Talya and Kobor are back.)

-----------------------
Buster wrote:The mad doctor raises an eyebrow at that and snickers. Apparently surprised that Hivemind hadn't put those pieces together. "Isn't it obvious? Controlled exposure to the failed samples. I can't exactly leave evidence like that behind, so why waste it?"

"Speaking of wastes of space, How's Belle doing? Got her locked up in this digital maze too?" he asks his tone twisting into something sickening near thee end. a quick glance into his thoughts would reveal why.

It would be kind of nice to know if her sister survived my little gift last year... or if her skin's grown back if she did.
I do hope not. I would need to find a new penance for taking Mito.
>I see.
>You failed, by the way.
>Both infected individuals have been treated, and will be at full strength by tomorrow.
>And if you ask me anything else, I will activate every pain receptor in your body.
>And her skin has grown back.
>It seems you are not good at your job.

he was lying about the last part. He had no idea if her skin grew back or not. He just wanted to torment this monster.
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I lost track of Shawnae a year or so back after saving her life. She was another who'd been 'found'. Not that she'd really been hiding. And then she developed Necrotizing fascitis." The old girls' face twisted in memory of pain. ""I just got lucky that I knew a top surgeon who owed me. Obviously it was too dangerous to be around me so I cut myself off. And now, this."
-----------------------------------------------------------
Jaken waited on Rika deciding what she wanted to do.
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Rika was silent for a while, thinking hard. She really didn't know what to do..

Finally, she gave up. "Can't think of anything else.. We'll go exploring. Well, with me, its more like a guided tour. I know this district pretty well.." She said, shrugging before getting up and heading to the bedroom doorway. "Come on, I know somewhere I think you'll like.."
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Yay!" Jaken lifted himself into a handstand on Rika's bed and flipped onto his feet before trotting over to his protector. "I should robably get my footclaws clipped too," he admitted, having seen they were a bit ragged during the gymnastics.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

”I think you’re misunderstanding why exactly I blame myself for what happened to them.” Kolt said, offering his suit’s sleeve in case Jenny needed something to blow her nose on. ”It’s not the I wish I had pushed them to become something else. They chose to become superheroes, and they were all pretty darn good at it. I blame myself because what happened to each of them was something I could’ve prevented. If I’d been faster, I could’ve put up a forcefield between Alya and that grenade. If I’d been stronger, I could’ve stop the Yah Rin from taking Nino. If I’d been more perceptive, I could’ve noticed how weird Lila was acting and stopped her. In every one of those cases, I could’ve done something, but I didn’t.” He looked down at his locket, idly tracing his finger across the pictures like he had done earlier. ”Now I’m alive and they’re dead, when it should be vice-versa.”

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"C..could'a," Jenny sniffed, "woulda, shoulda. 'S'always 20-20 looking back, isn't it? We're none... none of us perfect, hon. We... we all make mistakes." She stood on wobbly legs. "And we... hate ourselves for it. But you know one thing, don't you? If you'd saved them that day? On those days? And they'd lost you?" she gently moved her hand along his cheek to raise his eyes to her, "they'd be the ones wishing vice versa right now. And they'd love you to go on with life, not mourning them but saluting them. I had a place I'd go, afterwards, where I always felt Garrett was near. Do you have a place like that?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Sure enough June was able to locate a place selling a nice cobalt blue pigment.
Heading back to dry land, the twins apply it, and find a good spot to sit and wait for it to set. Passing the intervening time by filling June in about their people and their world.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I lost track of Shawnae a year or so back after saving her life. She was another who'd been 'found'. Not that she'd really been hiding. And then she developed Necrotizing fascitis." The old girls' face twisted in memory of pain. ""I just got lucky that I knew a top surgeon who owed me. Obviously it was too dangerous to be around me so I cut myself off. And now, this."
"What about your grandcub's parents?"

------------------------
Buster wrote:Sure enough June was able to locate a place selling a nice cobalt blue pigment.
Heading back to dry land, the twins apply it, and find a good spot to sit and wait for it to set. Passing the intervening time by filling June in about their people and their world.
Once the pigment was set, a somewhat different hive droid met them. This one was silver with gold trim and was built to look like it was wearing a fine suit. "If you are ready, we should be getting back to Earth."

With that, he led the three through the portal Kiosk and into the transport hub. He led them down to the long range portal generator where he activated it, opening it up to the water park. Lumberjack gave them a wave from the other side.

------------------------

"Chief, I would like to cooperate with regards to the security of our later meeting. With all that has happened this day, I feel if I were allowed to add the Three Warriors among other droids, to the security force it would ensure that no attempts are made against the Prime Minister."
-Champion Motto

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt shook his head. ”No, nothing. It’s why I carry around this locket. Each picture features one of them doing something that made them happier than anything else. For Alya, it was finding out she had a fan club. For Nino, it was beating the super hard bonus boss in one of his video games. For Lila, it was when she managed to talk a supervillain into standing down and turning herself in.” He said, looking down at the locket as he suddenly tasted something salty. Dang it, was he crying again? ”I’m sorry. I, I’ve ruined the mood. Let’s just meet up with the others and get ready for the party.

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Yeah, I suppose so," Jenny admitted, still stroking his cheek, "but we needed to say it, Kolt." She managed a slight smile.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

”Yeah, I suppose you’re right.” Kolt said, stepping off the patio as he gestured for Jenny to move closer. ”There is a small part of me that does feel better now that I’ve talked about it. Also, excuse me.” Before she could ask what Kolt needed to be excused for, Jenny would find herself being lifted up, before being carried into the air bridal-style. ”Sorry if I startled you. I’ve always wanted to do this with someone.” He said, a big dorky smile on his face. Well, at least he was happy.

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Their parents are decent types but never good enough to fight professionally. They are, believe it or not, shopkeepers. Well, she keeps the DIY shop going, he does the building for the DIWon'ts." Hannabel considered things. "They'll be no match."
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"It does sound like an idea," the Chief admitted. "They ARE a bit ostentatious though? And where will they find 60ft tuxedoes?"
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Hah," Jenny whooped, "And many would want to be in my position, 'Kolt Kent'. Or do you prefer 'SuperFox'?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Their parents are decent types but never good enough to fight professionally. They are, believe it or not, shopkeepers. Well, she keeps the DIY shop going, he does the building for the DIWon'ts." Hannabel considered things. "They'll be no match."
The security droid stood up. "They will need protection then. Here's what comes next. I am going to take you to where you are going to be staying. It is a secure facility, but it isn't a prison or reformation facility. It's something of a safe house. I want you to spend the time until we reach Cana compiling a list of any and all family members they might in any way go after. We need to know who to protect. Whenever you are ready, we will head out."

-------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"It does sound like an idea," the Chief admitted. "They ARE a bit ostentatious though? And where will they find 60ft tuxedoes?"
The Biohazard droid gave a short burst of static laugh at the joke about the tuxedos. But then he took a look at the giants, particularly Warlord. He had to admit, the image of a king standing atop a mound of skulls painted on the front didn't exactly look appropriate. "Hmm... you do have a point. They were designed to be threatening, not formal. Predator has a stealth feature but it can't hide them all... unless..." He thought for a moment. Warlord had a dome shield. If he could upgrade Predator's stealth mode into a cloaking field... But Warlord was big. Too big to hold in any one memory location in Predator. Unless... "I think I have a solution." He said.

Hivemind reallocated the memory in one of the storage cylinders, effectively combining twenty locations into one. Then Predator and Warlord faced each other. Predator opened it's jaws and the ring of light appeared within again. Sparks shot between the jaws and a thin beam of light shot out at Warlord. It hit the giant, encasing it in a brilliant glow. The light surrounded Warlord and grew more and more intense until the light was all that could be seen in Warlord's location. The illuminated area started to shrink. It got smaller and smaller until it vanished completely and the beam retracted back to Predator.

[Upgrading Stealth Module]
[Combining with Dome Shield]
[Upgrading Broadswords]
[Singularity Core added to Broadswords]

Predator activated it's upgraded cloaking field. It vanished, along with Lumberjack and everything in a 100 foot radius. It shut off the cloaking field and everything returned.

"That should hide the giants. Keep them from scaring off guests. I'll have other droids there to discourage attackers, and the giants will be there in case any actually try anything. This in addition to your security should make the meeting location the safest place on Earth."
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I... can certainly see that," the Police Chief said, knowing that to gape would be rude. "Apparently the Prime Minster has already been working on concessions with World leaders as to accessing what arrived earlier. He's wasted no time in procuring two more ships at half price from the Americans."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Well," the old Vixen tutted, "it shall not be that long a list. But at least I shall see a little of this ship. Just so long as I don't have to do pilates. Any other martial art I can take or teach," she added wryly, "but Pilates is just the Robot for the elderly."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I... can certainly see that," the Police Chief said, knowing that to gape would be rude. "Apparently the Prime Minster has already been working on concessions with World leaders as to accessing what arrived earlier. He's wasted no time in procuring two more ships at half price from the Americans."
"Oh..." The droid responded. "I figured I was going to replace the Bahaman. I've been assembling a new ship ever since it was clear the Bahaman wasn't going to survive. One of the things I hope to discuss with the Prime Minister is what features he wanted. Not a fan of having I.O.U.s hanging over my head. Anyway, do we know what leaders will be attending?"

--------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Well," the old Vixen tutted, "it shall not be that long a list. But at least I shall see a little of this ship. Just so long as I don't have to do pilates. Any other martial art I can take or teach," she added wryly, "but Pilates is just the Robot for the elderly."
The droid tilted it's head. "Why would you be required to take pilates?"
-Champion Motto

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt seemed rather confused by Jenny’s allusions to Superman, as he had never even heard of the character before. ”Is this like that drowned rat stuff from earlier, where you’re making a reference to something from Earth culture that I have no experience with?” He asked as they flew over the harbor. ”Because I’m gonna be honest with you. I’m not going to understand any of it, unless you start making references to stuff I DO have experience with, like the first 7 hours of the first Kingdom Hearts game. That’s the entirety of my experience with Earth’s pop culture.”

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jenny chuckled. "Well, I'm just going to have to expose you to some of it, eh? Evening movies and that sort of thing? We can talk on it later, we have to get dressed!"
--------------------------------------------
"If you're old and fit you must be doing Pilates according to the majority of young,the" the old Vixen complained. "They rarely believe if you claim to be a hand to hand combat specialist."
---------------------------------------------------
Jaken got ready for the evening. He resisted any attempt to buy him a shirt but accepted a bow tie to go with his shorts and a pair of light shoes so his foot class wouldn't damage any wooden floors.
------------------------------------------------------------
"Several local premiers," the chief replied, "but no big names. HE's in China at the moment."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

”Ooo, a movie night huh? That’d be cool. Maybe we could get a big map of the Earth and throw darts at it to decide what regions cuisine we eat.” Kolt said, seeming rather excited about the idea. ”Also, do you have any idea what we’re supposed to wear to this thing? I’m thinking formal wear, but I’ve gone to events like this where they wanted me to wear my super suit.” He asked, keeping his eyes on the ground below them. Eventually he spotted a Hivemind drone talking to what appeared to be some sort of official. ”Oh hey, there’s Hivemind! He should know what we’re supposed to wear.” He landed about a meter away from the drone, placing Jenny down to the right of him. ”Hey Hivemind. Should we wear formal suits or super suits to this event thing? Me and Jen weren’t sure.”

Deske

Post by Deske »

Ulrich gave a reciprocal shrug, "Maybe we should just head back to the ship and get ready for the evening. I need to go put on something nicer than this and I am sure there is an aquarium on board."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"If you're old and fit you must be doing Pilates according to the majority of young,the" the old Vixen complained. "They rarely believe if you claim to be a hand to hand combat specialist."
"I know a couple people you should meet." The hive droid said as he led Hannabel through the door and into a hallway they definitely didn't enter through. "Neither is on this ship though, but one is a 200 year old woman I know who took down a squad of 8 ft reptilian invaders, and the other is over 2800 years old and a warrior the whole time." His tone was bitter when bringing up the latter.

------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Several local premiers," the chief replied, "but no big names. HE's in China at the moment."
"I assume then that they've been checked out? With how today has gone I wouldn't be surprised if one of them turned out to be a body snatcher or a shape shifting assassin."
Legotron123 wrote:”Ooo, a movie night huh? That’d be cool. Maybe we could get a big map of the Earth and throw darts at it to decide what regions cuisine we eat.” Kolt said, seeming rather excited about the idea. ”Also, do you have any idea what we’re supposed to wear to this thing? I’m thinking formal wear, but I’ve gone to events like this where they wanted me to wear my super suit.” He asked, keeping his eyes on the ground below them. Eventually he spotted a Hivemind drone talking to what appeared to be some sort of official. ”Oh hey, there’s Hivemind! He should know what we’re supposed to wear.” He landed about a meter away from the drone, placing Jenny down to the right of him. ”Hey Hivemind. Should we wear formal suits or super suits to this event thing? Me and Jen weren’t sure.”
The Biohazard droid turned to Kolt. "Glad to see you're feeling better, Kolt. I would suggest... formal, but functional. It is going to be a nice place with a lot of people trying to impress each other, but we can't be off guard given our... recent luck. If you need to get a proper outfit, I will leave that portal open." He gestured to the portal that just opened. Hivemind's gold-lined silver robot, Talya, Kobor, and June walked through. Hivemind just realized this would be the first time June and Kolt saw each other, and he wondered how Kolt would react to having a 'daughter.'

"June, this is Kolt." The gilded robot said. "There are a lot of things I have to cover, so I'll just rapid-fire this."
"Kol, don't eat any of the food from the dinner. I will be bringing food specifically for you. Terrestrial meat is full of iron which will poison you if you eat it."
"Golta, go get your partner. I'd like you to help the chief with securing the location."
"Morgan, I would like your help, but Randy is well enough for family visitors. If you want to go, you are allowed to."
"Kolt... you should have that talk with June as soon as you can."

Golta left to go to his ship where his partner was waiting.

Morgan ran through the open portal as fast as she could.
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

((Kol was with ulrich and tatianna, so if hivemind is addressing her they must be within earshot.))

"More like an entire ocean!" June enthusiastically commented, having stepped out of the portal just in time to catch Ulrich's comment. When hivemind introduces Kolt, she waves and cheerily adds "Hi Dad! Nice to meet you!" which promptly gets Talya trying to hide the fact that she's snickering.

Given half her genetic and physical makeup is extrapolated from a piece of his tail, and she's currently in a dress that, despite being rather fancy and visibly aquatic themed, (as it has proper gaps for her fins so they don't get snagged on things) is copying his suits color scheme, there's a noticeable resemblance.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana chuckled, "I don't think I even have anything to wear... Home wasn't exactly the most fancy place in the universe. But I guess we can skip the aquarium... Guess I could also use the time to see if I could find SOMETHING to look more professional."
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Rika bought herself a lilac-colored fitted formal dress with a knee-high skirt, high neckline, and a small hole in the back for her tail. She accessorized it with a thin silver wristwatch on her right hand and an equally thin silver bracelet on her left. When she put it all on, she showed it off to Jaken with a twirl. "What d'ya think? I don't usually wear anything with a skirt, but I actually really like this.." She said simply, looking herself over. "The last time I wore a skirt was at my parent's renewal of their vows.. Anyway we should head to the transport hub, since we're ready for the dinner.." She added, heading in the direction of the nearest transport kiosk.
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Legotron123 wrote:”Ooo, a movie night huh? That’d be cool. Maybe we could get a big map of the Earth and throw darts at it to decide what regions cuisine we eat.” Kolt said, seeming rather excited about the idea. ”Also, do you have any idea what we’re supposed to wear to this thing? I’m thinking formal wear, but I’ve gone to events like this where they wanted me to wear my super suit.” He asked, keeping his eyes on the ground below them.
"Always an idea, that," Jenny laughed, "and, with door portals that can take us anywhere, we can always go 100 percent authentic too!" She coughed. "I'd say wear formal but, yeah... Some picture hunters might want a photo with the suit..." And then Kolt saw a Hive drone.

Shortly after, she found herself meeting June. "Good... grief...Um, how..? was all she could think of to say.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"That last is not someone you appreciate, I take it," Hannabel asked.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jaken looked Rika up, over, down and around. He really wasn't too sure about the colour of the dress - or the need for it - but he was beginning to learn tact in his words. Miss Rika seemed to like light clothing and the barrier it gave her and he supposed he could appreciate that. "I may not know clothing," he said, copying a line he'd heard a Human use once, "but I know stunning looks and this could stun a Rinocerphant." His grin folded as he thought. "Got that wrong. Stun an Elephant!" He cursed his bad wording for spoiling the effect.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"They have all been checked by the islands most powerful telepath and Magician," the chief stated. "Morrigan states that none are Robots or specially trained assassins or have drunk enough liquid explosive to blow out the conference hall."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt nodded, seemingly already having a suit in mind. ”In that case, I need to grab something from my room. Excuse me.” He said, about to leave until Hivemind mentioned June. ”Wait, who’s June, and why to I need to h...” His voice cut off as he spotted the hybrid in question, his mind spotting all the subtle little similarities. The silver and dark red fur, the thin shape of her jawline, the slight crinkle of her nose. He only got worse when June called him Dad, with his face looking like it was trying to display every emotion at once, and his mouth making a weird moaning noise, that lasted so long that the others would likely be wondering what kinda lung capacity he had. ”Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhh.” Kolt Lasser.exe has encountered a fatal exception. The current train of thought will be terminated. Slap hand across the face to continue.