HPU: Apollo City

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

valerio

Re: HPU: Apollo City

Post by valerio »

CyberDragon wrote:"I remember I once had a windup mouse toy as a kitten. You'd wind it up and it would zip all over the place and I'd chase it for fun. Kind of old fashioned, but it was still fun. The chicken is just a very random more sophisticated version of that. It was meant to be chased. Tom wants to keep his mind off of what's happened, and doing random stuff like this is kind of how he relaxes." He explained, reassuring her.
Morgana tilted her head. "Because...he's part a kitten?"
---
Roarin wrote:Of course ma’am! I’ll try to gather as much information as possible. And with a handshake and a bow the canine left the room. Hmm... she’d have to schedule them in for next morning. She wasn’t sure about the captain, but it’s probably for the best that things settle down first before any prodding is done.
On her way back to her quarters she made sure to stop by the medical ward and have the staff call the two in tomorrow!
The wristcomm chirped at that moment, the caller's ID being that of the Captain's.
"Forgive me for being a tad forgetful, what with this event-rich evening. Tonight we will be having several rescue animals for Meriweather Island transfered here. It was decided to make the best use of this delay. Tomorrow, after you're done with those two, you'll find yourself quite busy, as we need to evaluate these animals for their new life. Questions?"
---
Hlaoroo wrote:With Beta and Avery both gone, Makani now has an empty seat on either side of him. That, combined with the now subdued and tense atmosphere in the room, makes him suddenly feel rather alone, and he finishes his meal quietly and looks to his parents for guidance. The two humans are conversing quietly about the situation, not looking at Makani. The cat slides his empty plate away from him slightly and stares at the tabletop, for once at a loss for what to do or say.
"Well, that was one *intense* moment!" Flash said. "And to think I feared of getting bored, and this all without even leaving the port! Who knows what else can happen?"
"I think I know," Mizar Foster said. "I heard dad talking to his animal rescue association. They're gonna bring here the animals that should go live on Meriweather Island."
The snow leopard's eyes sparkled at that news! "New friends! YAY!"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"5am," Francis intoned, looking at the receding canine, "isn't that the middle of the night?"
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

Niner perked his ear at a knock at the door, hi sbody whirring to life as he stretches and moves at the door bell. only upon opening would him and morgana be rushed with the smell of food. the fox jerking to life at the many scents and helping the man set the table of the room. niner was licking his lips before he remembered that the cat was using her holo form and decides to playfully kiss her lips and whisper that food arrived. of course he felt some emotion for her but she wasnt watching she was elsewhere still feeling the same things.
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

“Quite a few! But I think most will be covered from reading up on the subject.” Hmm... Merriweather Island. She may have heard wisps of something being said here. But the location was largely unknown to her. She hadn’t even known it existed before getting on this ship.
Would it be possible to get a file on each of the rescued animals? Any info would be nice. That might help me get a head start for tomorrow’s busyness.”
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

valerio wrote:Morgana tilted her head. "Because...he's part a kitten?"
"Nope. Just entirely insane."

"And don't you forget it!" Tom called from the other room.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
valerio

Post by valerio »

CyberDragon wrote:"Nope. Just entirely insane."
"And don't you forget it!" Tom called from the other room.
Hotep the psychic wrote:Niner perked his ear at a knock at the door, hi sbody whirring to life as he stretches and moves at the door bell. only upon opening would him and morgana be rushed with the smell of food. the fox jerking to life at the many scents and helping the man set the table of the room. niner was licking his lips before he remembered that the cat was using her holo form and decides to playfully kiss her lips and whisper that food arrived. of course he felt some emotion for her but she wasnt watching she was elsewhere still feeling the same things.
Morgana's holographic self perked her ears. "Ohh, food's here! I mean, it's in my cabin. Sorry, I must go now! I will come to haunt you later if you want. Ciao!" She flicked her fingers bye and disappeared...
...And her eyes opened. And her nose quivered. "Hmm, I'm dead and gone to heaven."
---
Roarin wrote:“Quite a few! But I think most will be covered from reading up on the subject.” Hmm... Merriweather Island. She may have heard wisps of something being said here. But the location was largely unknown to her. She hadn’t even known it existed before getting on this ship.
Would it be possible to get a file on each of the rescued animals? Any info would be nice. That might help me get a head start for tomorrow’s busyness.”
"On it. They will be sent to your workstation immediately. Will you be needing anything else, doctor?"
---
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"5am," Francis intoned, looking at the receding canine, "isn't that the middle of the night?"
Tegan sighed. "To Ivan, it is the start of the day. Roosters get a psychosis with him around. I hope you're not the sleepy type."
Hotep the psychic

"I guess you could say that since youve been asleep for a good while and ive woke you up in heaven sleeping beauty. your sheperds pie will get cold if you linger and anything thats happened upon return youll feel soon" Niner said looking over the table filled with a variety of meals, meats, breads, sides, and entree's that a king would have accepted. the cybernetic fox licking his lips.
ImageImageImage
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Francis raised an eyeridge. "Isn't that second date territory," he asked, grinning.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hotep the psychic wrote:"I guess you could say that since youve been asleep for a good while and ive woke you up in heaven sleeping beauty. your sheperds pie will get cold if you linger and anything thats happened upon return youll feel soon" Niner said looking over the table filled with a variety of meals, meats, breads, sides, and entree's that a king would have accepted. the cybernetic fox licking his lips.
Morgana looked at the food as if she had been a prisoner starving since the last time she had seen a meal -and, in a way, it was true: she had been given liquid nourishment during her coma, and hadn't been for ultramodern medicine, she'd be a wreck!
First thing, she grabbed the bread and crunched noisily on it, moaning as if she was having...well, a piece of concentrated heaven. You could almost see little hearts coming from her tummy. "Mfdeliciousmfmmmoreemmf!"
---
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Francis raised an eyeridge. "Isn't that second date territory," he asked, grinning.
"Very perceptive, secret agent, Sir;" she said, hugging his waist with one arm. "Do you like sushi?"
Hotep the psychic

niner lightly bapped Morganas head with a small hmph. "Dont talk with your mouth full savor the food. eat too much and your body will reject it....even if you have a high metabolism"
ImageImageImage
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Tom caught the rubber chicken and turned it off. He was done relieving stress. Now it was time to get serious. While he had some privacy, he used a communicator in his headset to contact his boss. "Umm... Hey, boss... I'm really sorry about my behavior earlier. I get really defensive over Beta, and... It doesn't matter. Sorry isn't enough, but I need to talk to you about what happened today."
-Champion Motto

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hotep the psychic wrote:niner lightly bapped Morganas head with a small hmph. "Dont talk with your mouth full savor the food. eat too much and your body will reject it....even if you have a high metabolism"
The reddish cat nodded. In spite of her ravenous instincts, she nibbled and savored each morsel as if it was the most precious delicacy. "I think I died again. This must be what heaven feels like. MmmMMMM!!" she actually trembled in bliss.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

“Nope! That should be it. Thank you very much captain. Have a good night!” Avery smiled, and after they bid farewell she hung up and skipped merrily back to her room. Tomorrow should be quite exciting.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Meriwether Island, yeah... What did you guys make of the Captain's announcement today? Seems a bit unlikely that a city could just appear, I think..." Makani opines.

~~~~~~~~
CyberDragon wrote:Tom caught the rubber chicken and turned it off. He was done relieving stress. Now it was time to get serious. While he had some privacy, he used a communicator in his headset to contact his boss. "Umm... Hey, boss... I'm really sorry about my behavior earlier. I get really defensive over Beta, and... It doesn't matter. Sorry isn't enough, but I need to talk to you about what happened today."
"Indeed. I think we'll need to talk to you and Beta too, Tom. How would nine thirty tomorrow morning in my office suit you?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Indeed. I think we'll need to talk to you and Beta too, Tom. How would nine thirty tomorrow morning in my office suit you?"
"I'm sorry, sir, but I don't think this can wait that long. It's very important. One of Volken's droids, a military model called Asur, grabbed Beta and tried to force him into an escape pod. I showed up and Beta got loose of him. Then Beta used my laser cutter tool to destroy the escape pod, not trusting Asur to simply let him go." Tom said before continuing. "Beta is scheduled to see the ship's psychiatrist tomorrow first thing in the morning, WITH Asur. I'm not so sure that's a good idea, sir."
-Champion Motto

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Meriwether Island, yeah... What did you guys make of the Captain's announcement today? Seems a bit unlikely that a city could just appear, I think..." Makani opines.
Flash just shrugged. "Meh! Humans are weird, if you ask me. I learnt not to pay too much attention to their quirks -I mean, if I started getting excited or scared for whatever they did, my brain would melt down..." He stretched and let out a mighty yawn...before realizing where he was. He blushed and muttered "Sorry, everyone." Then, to Makani, "Your opinion, instead? A place of danger? Some mighty extraterrestrial conspiracy? Real magic?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Makani shrugs. "Well, I'm inclined to think either hoax or marketing ploy. But we'll see. As far as I know Meriweather Island has a good reputation and I don't think they'd want to sully it for no good reason. Whatever the president is up to I'm sure there must be a good reason behind it...But we're boring you, Flash. Would you rather talk of something different?"

~~~~~~~~
Dan sighs. "Well, I can talk to the captain but ultimately she has authority here and I can't overrule her. And she's angry. You'd better make a good case and make it fast."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Asur is a weapon built to kill, but one that is forbidden from doing so except under special circumstances. I am worried he is trying to bypass his safeguards in order to execute what he was built for; destruction." Tom explained, his tone very serious. "There are a number of ways he could use Beta to do this. Beta is an alpha-predator with an easily weaponizable knowledge of chemistry. I don't know where he was going to send Beta, but if he re-educated Beta to be more like himself, there would be a very dangerous situation on our hands. And that's just one situation. If he could provoke someone to attack, then Asur would possibly be able to respond with deadly force. I don't know what Asur's programming is, but whatever he wanted Beta for, it wasn't good. Living weapons are never moral or even ethical. That's not the intent to their creation. Sir, I don't know what Asur was going to do and I don't have anything solid, but he tried to abduct my friend and I don't want them in the same room with each other where the only thing keeping it from happening again is a civilian psychiatrist."
-Champion Motto

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:Makani shrugs. "Well, I'm inclined to think either hoax or marketing ploy. But we'll see. As far as I know Meriweather Island has a good reputation and I don't think they'd want to sully it for no good reason. Whatever the president is up to I'm sure there must be a good reason behind it...But we're boring you, Flash. Would you rather talk of something different?"
The big cat's eyes suddenly became dreamy as he said, "Mates. I so long to find my special one...I mean, I'm supposed to help keep the species living, but I cannot give birth to a defective kit, it would be unfair. Plus, I really like dogs..."" on that, he fiddled with the food on his plate, blushing up to his ears
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Fish, fish," Francis sang, slightly offset in response to Tegans' question, "they are delish; for a cat, there's no finer dish..."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Dan nods thoughtfully even though Tom can't see him.
"You're confident that Asur could provoke Beta then and that Beta's self-control isn't as strong as it could be?"

~~~~~~~~
"Well, there are ways for you to contribute to the species without having to mate. I mean, cloning and gene editing technology has come a long way. Look at Beta for example." Makani points out.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Beta's self control is plenty strong enough." Tom reassured his boss. "Much better than mine. However, he will defend himself if he feels threatened. As we saw earlier, he will lash out to protect himself if another attempt is made."
-Champion Motto

valerio

Post by valerio »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Fish, fish," Francis sang, slightly offset in response to Tegans' question, "they are delish; for a cat, there's no finer dish..."
"I guess you do. As of recently, a human invented a recipe for a sushi dessert. Honest. What's the weirdest food you ever ate?"
---
Hlaoroo wrote:"Well, there are ways for you to contribute to the species without having to mate. I mean, cloning and gene editing technology has come a long way. Look at Beta for example." Makani points out.
"Oh, yes, but...it's not the same thing. I'd like to...well, do it the old way," fiddling with fingers again. "With a nice lady doggie"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Ah. So, as I said, you're anticipating further provocation from Asur and a subsequent deleterious reaction from Beta." Dan reaffirms.

~~~~~~~~
"Ah, well, *ahem*, I think there may be ways to arrange that too." Makani says, looking embarrassed. "You should discuss it with a vet... So... What are your hobbies and interests when you're not saving your species, Flash?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Ah, well, *ahem*, I think there may be ways to arrange that too." Makani says, looking embarrassed. "You should discuss it with a vet... So... What are your hobbies and interests when you're not saving your species, Flash?"
"Well, I'm basically into bodybuilding and cooking. I must stay always fit inside and outside, so I learnt to prepare a lot of dishes compatible with my dietary limits. And must always burn the proper amount of calories to keep health...and fit for the ladies!" he pumped his arms for an effect
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Ah. So, as I said, you're anticipating further provocation from Asur and a subsequent deleterious reaction from Beta." Dan reaffirms.
"That is my fear, sir. Beta is stable, but anyone would be on edge and ready to defend themselves if something like this happened to them. The difference is Beta is a tiger. He has far more destructive potential, even without considering his knowledge of chemistry and biology."
-Champion Motto

Hotep the psychic

valerio wrote:
Hotep the psychic wrote:niner lightly bapped Morganas head with a small hmph. "Dont talk with your mouth full savor the food. eat too much and your body will reject it....even if you have a high metabolism"
The reddish cat nodded. In spite of her ravenous instincts, she nibbled and savored each morsel as if it was the most precious delicacy. "I think I died again. This must be what heaven feels like. MmmMMMM!!" she actually trembled in bliss.

Seeing to the cats enjoymwnt was one sight Niner couldnt help but enjoy. He coukd only agree with seeing such an angelic form of happiness. It was so pure and innocent....yet he couldnt helo but feeel some dark secret that he wanted to solve. Morgana was a beauty that he felt was bound to be hiding something like a movie. But the war in hjs mind believed otherwise as he began to eat once more eyes somewhat watching the cat with a purely innovent stare.
ImageImageImage
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hotep the psychic wrote:Seeing to the cats enjoymwnt was one sight Niner couldnt help but enjoy. He coukd only agree with seeing such an angelic form of happiness. It was so pure and innocent....yet he couldnt helo but feeel some dark secret that he wanted to solve. Morgana was a beauty that he felt was bound to be hiding something like a movie. But the war in hjs mind believed otherwise as he began to eat once more eyes somewhat watching the cat with a purely innovent stare.
Morgana stopped just to ask, "And you? You get to eat like...well, me? Or do you have a food storage box like Astroboy? Do you have improved nose and tastebuds to enjoy better the food?"
Hotep the psychic

Niner looked to morgana and grinned widely.nodding at her first assumption before shaking his head then tilting his head in a "weell".he takes ine more bite and giggles to move closer to morganas side. "well, im no robot. I have robot stuff but im mostly a fox under neath so i have to eat like normal people. But my matabolism is boosted..so sometimes i eat 5 times my own weight"
ImageImageImage
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hotep the psychic wrote:Niner looked to morgana and grinned widely.nodding at her first assumption before shaking his head then tilting his head in a "weell".he takes ine more bite and giggles to move closer to morganas side. "well, im no robot. I have robot stuff but im mostly a fox under neath so i have to eat like normal people. But my matabolism is boosted..so sometimes i eat 5 times my own weight"
"So you can stuff yourself and stay fit, too! I should hate you, but you're the besht!" she said during a mouthful. "Waddayaeatmost?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Strawberriesand Loganberries," Francis remarked. "Why Humans eat those things outside of puddings is beyond me."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
valerio

Post by valerio »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Strawberriesand Loganberries," Francis remarked. "Why Humans eat those things outside of puddings is beyond me."
"Oh dear, and to think that once I-" she was interrupted by the unmistakeable sound of an incoming plane -a cargo, undoubetdly, illuminated by the landing lights of the ship's runway. It disappeared as it touched down. The ship shuddered a bit.
"Well, looks like the first rescuees are here at last."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Cool! Got a speciality? A dish you're famous for?" Makani queries, his gold eyes following his dessert from the waiter's robotic paw to the table in front of him.
"Thanks!"

~~~~~~~~
"And Asur is a robot fitted with automatic weaponry. The difference is he can be fitted with safeguards. As an organic creature Beta cannot." Sensing that Tom is about to object, Dan cuts him off.
"Don't get me wrong - I know Beta, not as well as you, but I know him. I just have to look at this from the Captain's point of view, as well as from a PR point of view for MTI*. How do you suggest I approach this without admitting culpability on the part of my company?"

*MTI = MonRen Tech Inc. Dan's company.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Cool! Got a speciality? A dish you're famous for?" Makani queries, his gold eyes following his dessert from the waiter's robotic paw to the table in front of him.
"Thanks!"
"Well, when it comes to prepare something for others, at the zoo, I was famous for my tartare royal: ground beef burger, filled with Pecorino and honey, dusted with sweet paprika, raw egg yolk laid over a waver of parmigiano.
Hotep the psychic

valerio wrote:
Hotep the psychic wrote:Niner looked to morgana and grinned widely.nodding at her first assumption before shaking his head then tilting his head in a "weell".he takes ine more bite and giggles to move closer to morganas side. "well, im no robot. I have robot stuff but im mostly a fox under neath so i have to eat like normal people. But my matabolism is boosted..so sometimes i eat 5 times my own weight"
"So you can stuff yourself and stay fit, too! I should hate you, but you're the besht!" she said during a mouthful. "Waddayaeatmost?"
Niner thought of that for a moment before snaping his fingers. "mmmm Pizza, supreme" He said soon to grab a pizza with meaty toppings from the table and start digging in. "that and protien bars"
ImageImageImage
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hotep the psychic wrote:Niner thought of that for a moment before snaping his fingers. "mmmm Pizza, supreme" He said soon to grab a pizza with meaty toppings from the table and start digging in. "that and protien bars"
"If you like them, I will too. Can you order a pizza with protein bars on top?"
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Hlaoroo wrote:"And Asur is a robot fitted with automatic weaponry. The difference is he can be fitted with safeguards. As an organic creature Beta cannot." Sensing that Tom is about to object, Dan cuts him off.
"Don't get me wrong - I know Beta, not as well as you, but I know him. I just have to look at this from the Captain's point of view, as well as from a PR point of view for MTI*. How do you suggest I approach this without admitting culpability on the part of my company?"

*MTI = MonRen Tech Inc. Dan's company.
"Beta doesn't need safeguards. Asur is a near invulnerable weapon of mass destruction. He needs safeguards. Beta is a scientist. A big scientist with claws, but a scientist nonetheless. Asur was built to kill. Beta hasn't had to kill anything bigger than a virus his whole life. He found an escaped lab rat from another lab once. I never mentioned it. The rat was due to be a part of that lab's test population. Beta made sure it was healthy, and released it outside. There are a number of differences between Asur and Beta that lead to Asur needing safeguards and Beta not needing them. Beta is a doctor and a scholar. He was made intelligent, and raised non-violent. The only safeguard he has ever needed is me. This is the first incident he has had in his life, and it was provoked by a kidnapping attempt."
-Champion Motto

Hotep the psychic

Niner made a disgusted face at the thought if such a pizza. "i meant protien bars when its a snack silly. Like when going out for a run or something. Not for dinner" he chuckles before passing morgana another whole pizza. Looking at the yable it was getting rather cleaned off now.
ImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Ah, yes. Tartare royal with pecorino and parmigiana. A classic staple of your people." Makani quips. "Sounds delicious though! Where did you learn to cook like that?"

~~~~~~~~
"So...You're saying I should throw Asur and Volken under the proverbial despite their affiliations with the company?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"No. I'm saying that one of our own could be in danger, and he needs someone to stand up for him. Volken believes that Asur is working properly under his safeguards as if that somehow excuses his actions. While he says he is going to check to see why Asur did what he did, he refuses to consider the possibility that a highly intelligent robot built as a weapon MIGHT try to find a way past it's safeguards. I don't trust him to actually fix the problem. He sounds like the person who would defend a robot that's built to kill puppies if it did so properly and efficiently. I'm not saying throw them under the bus. I'm saying we need to make sure they don't throw Beta under the bus."
-Champion Motto