2017/11/29 - Warriors Need Counseling Badly

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
QuietEngineer25

Re: 2017/11/29 - Warriors Need Counseling Badly

Post by QuietEngineer25 »

Peanut doesn't seem to hold grudges or do things in spite. It's not really his general personality. Bino, who is not nice to Peanut is treated pretty nicely. Though Tarot doing something to him is more personal because he trusts her. I don't think he would do the opposite of what Tarot said just to prove a point.
John-056

Post by John-056 »

VoidGaming404 wrote:While Tarot is technically right, I hope the ending has them deciding to take a break from their relationship. In my opinion, both sides aren't ready for a relationship. Peanut just proved that he'd be willing to put the world in danger just because of a personal grudge, while Tarot comes off as too controlling. She may be physically free of Spirit Dragon, but she isn't mentally. She's so fixated on "saving the world", that she doesn't realize that that isn't her job anymore. Her "job" at this point, is to be a normal dog, to just live her life, but she can't seem to realize that. In my opinion, this relationship is just toxic at this point.
Uhh, need I remind you that Tarot expected Peanut to somehow slog his way through a temple where his Team had barely scraped by? Grape had trouble dealing with a Pack of Kobolds, whose only advantage is Sheer Numbers, while Team Nerd just flattened three massive Beasts like they were nothing!

And frankly, while he may not know if she's saving the world for real, Tarot's been known to blow things out of proportion, such as using her Avatar Powers to look for the Tv remote, pull Peanut into another dimension to talk about a problem she has with Dragon, and Shortly after that, dragged him off by his ear, saying he was in the Doghouse because he called her 'normal'.

Fact is, Tarot rarely did give Peanut the time of day, and when she did, it never was something that stuck, and Tarot's been shown to be quite demanding. She also left him in a temple that was a Deathtrap waiting to be sprung, and unlike the Nerds, Both he and Tarot knew it was a Deathtrap... And she basically left him to Die.

And the bit with 'Saving the World'? Tarot was merely a willing puppet to Dragon. The whole thing with the 'Games' was that it was a massive Duel that had been going for centuries, if not Millenuia, and was started by Dragon trapping Pete in his Temple and not being able to get an Avatar because the Curse she put on it would scare them off!

This is likely Tarot's First Real time actually saving the world, and NOT bending to the Yarns of a bratty Dragon! All of the 'World Protecton' she had done benefitted only Dragon, up until Galifrax, where she argued over who gets Peanut, even though they share a body! Hek, They even demanded he make a choice!

I think the scene where he says "I'm doing this anyway, because Disappearing on me Hurts", may actually be him saying, "This is for leaving me behind, and for all the Grief you put me through in the past few years." Peanut's not known to Hold Grudges, but I feel that even for a dog like him, something has to break. Like Fox, something has to give, and I feel if it would be a waste if Peanut doesn't break somewhere down the Line.
On the next... Wire in the Blood...
HSDVGDGFWGFWHGVMBHGWY*Ded*
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Peanut really seem almost incapable of anger - especially compared most of the cast - and he doesn't take slights very much to heart. But, as we saw in "Imaginate Two" when his sense that Maxwell had taken his place in Grape's affections, he can be deeply, explosively hurt. We seem on the verge of another one of those episodes when Peanut is so wounded, he can't quite maintain mission focus.

Two other thoughts and then I'll go quietly. For Peanut, this whole business is about the fun and the experience, the challenge of mastering the puzzles. If the universe gets saved in the process, well, um, okay, Tarot, that's nifty right? Tarot, of course, is more haunted...

I might be way left-hand here but remember when Peanut flees to his room in jealous pain, leaving Grape bewildered and apologetic. Tarot very clinically analyzes Peanut emotional outbursts, and that Grape, by bringing Maxwell into the game, bears responsibility for Peanut's sense of hurt and exclusion. Grape accepts her emotional obligations to her dear brother, resolves to apologize and work through this crisis with her beloved pup ... AND THEN THE LIGHTBULB COMES ON !!!!

"Wait a sec ... You're his psychic girl friend! So why didn't you speak up before all this started?!?!?" Grape demands furiously .. and exit Tarot with no answer for a REALLY good question.

So...once again ... Tarot, did you see this coming or not ... if you did, why not defuse before?

Plot continues. Regards.
CanzetYote

Post by CanzetYote »

You know, I'm starting to have my doubts on PeanutXTarot working out in the end. Tarot seems more married to her job than interested in her boyfriend's feelings.
VoidGaming404

Post by VoidGaming404 »

John-056 wrote:
VoidGaming404 wrote:While Tarot is technically right, I hope the ending has them deciding to take a break from their relationship. In my opinion, both sides aren't ready for a relationship. Peanut just proved that he'd be willing to put the world in danger just because of a personal grudge, while Tarot comes off as too controlling. She may be physically free of Spirit Dragon, but she isn't mentally. She's so fixated on "saving the world", that she doesn't realize that that isn't her job anymore. Her "job" at this point, is to be a normal dog, to just live her life, but she can't seem to realize that. In my opinion, this relationship is just toxic at this point.
Uhh, need I remind you that Tarot expected Peanut to somehow slog his way through a temple where his Team had barely scraped by? Grape had trouble dealing with a Pack of Kobolds, whose only advantage is Sheer Numbers, while Team Nerd just flattened three massive Beasts like they were nothing!

And frankly, while he may not know if she's saving the world for real, Tarot's been known to blow things out of proportion, such as using her Avatar Powers to look for the Tv remote, pull Peanut into another dimension to talk about a problem she has with Dragon, and Shortly after that, dragged him off by his ear, saying he was in the Doghouse because he called her 'normal'.

Fact is, Tarot rarely did give Peanut the time of day, and when she did, it never was something that stuck, and Tarot's been shown to be quite demanding. She also left him in a temple that was a Deathtrap waiting to be sprung, and unlike the Nerds, Both he and Tarot knew it was a Deathtrap... And she basically left him to Die.

And the bit with 'Saving the World'? Tarot was merely a willing puppet to Dragon. The whole thing with the 'Games' was that it was a massive Duel that had been going for centuries, if not Millenuia, and was started by Dragon trapping Pete in his Temple and not being able to get an Avatar because the Curse she put on it would scare them off!

This is likely Tarot's First Real time actually saving the world, and NOT bending to the Yarns of a bratty Dragon! All of the 'World Protecton' she had done benefitted only Dragon, up until Galifrax, where she argued over who gets Peanut, even though they share a body! Hek, They even demanded he make a choice!

I think the scene where he says "I'm doing this anyway, because Disappearing on me Hurts", may actually be him saying, "This is for leaving me behind, and for all the Grief you put me through in the past few years." Peanut's not known to Hold Grudges, but I feel that even for a dog like him, something has to break. Like Fox, something has to give, and I feel if it would be a waste if Peanut doesn't break somewhere down the Line.
Hey, I do agree with you, I still hold out hope that Grape and Peanut end up together, all I said in my above comment was that neither Tarot nor Peanut are ready for a relationship. The one they're in right now is again, toxic.
Life is like a rollercoaster, sure there's ups and downs, but you may find that it can throw you for a loop!

~VoidGaming404

Christmas Avatar was made by Jolty-Kun

Original Avatar was made by Buster
CanzetYote

Post by CanzetYote »

VoidGaming404 wrote:
John-056 wrote:

Hey, I do agree with you, I still hold out hope that Grape and Peanut end up together, all I said in my above comment was that neither Tarot nor Peanut are ready for a relationship. The one they're in right now is again, toxic.
Not sure about Peanut and Grape getting together, don't forget that Maxwell and Res are part of the equation as well.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

CanzetYote wrote:Not sure about Peanut and Grape getting together, don't forget that Maxwell and Res are part of the equation as well.
And then we find out max knew all along and kinda doesn't care cause he likes peanut.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Clearly, Peanut's feelings for Grape have never caused him to show any animosity towards Maxwell or Res. He is kind, even affectionate to Maxwell (remember the "Group hug!!" Peanut initiates with Grape and Maxwell to celebrate Max bringing Grape a comforting letter from Res on Christmas eve?). Res gets his introduction to Grape's backstory from Peanut's tender and funny retelling. A paraphrase about another person in the Gospel seems to fit Peanut well ... "Behold a dog in whom there is no guile."

Also, in a different topic review, our communal colleague, Obbi, has posted a very well thought out assessment of Tarot and her character which is much more positive about her than some of us (including me) think. While my view of Tarot is darker and guarded than Obbi, the entry is worth a read for a kinder, insightful assessment of our mysterious Pomeranian. I can't find the reference right now, though....
Regards.
Adoring Fan

Post by Adoring Fan »

I really want to say this page feels forced.... but in truth its totally in character for all involved >.>
Image Image
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Okay, my take: You're allowed to look at Tarot as she apologizes to Peanut for putting her needs first and saying that it was wrong of her to do so and believe that she's not sincere. I, however, think she is. It doesn't excuse the behavior, but her apology is actually already admitting to and accepting that fact. If she is sincere, it makes it really hard to believe she doesn't care for Peanut.
Argent

Post by Argent »

If there was real danger to the world Kitsune would have removed both temples after the game was over.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Though we have gotten a confirmation from Breel and from Spring and Summer that this is dangerous to a level that should at least be taken seriously
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Argent wrote:If there was real danger to the world Kitsune would have removed both temples after the game was over.
except he likes leaving things up to chance far too much for that.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Lest s e forget, mates.........

Joel: "You do a nice job making a simple choice complicated."

Kitsune: "Sorry. That's kinda my thing."
Argent

Post by Argent »

Buster wrote:
Argent wrote:If there was real danger to the world Kitsune would have removed both temples after the game was over.
except he likes leaving things up to chance far too much for that.
Still seems to violate the Policy of Intrinsic Benevolence:

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

That's what I've been saying! In fact, this whole deathtrap temple seems to violate that rule.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Adoring Fan

Post by Adoring Fan »

I totally agree.... There is no chance that this is truly "blow up the universe level". I do think however that Kitune would gladly allow them to think that it is just to mess with them. for all we know the mana will be useless since the game is over and this whole thing is being orchestrated by kitsune for his own amusement... he did make a cameo appearance after all.
Image Image
John-056

Post by John-056 »

Adoring Fan wrote:I totally agree.... There is no chance that this is truly "blow up the universe level". I do think however that Kitune would gladly allow them to think that it is just to mess with them. for all we know the mana will be useless since the game is over and this whole thing is being orchestrated by kitsune for his own amusement... he did make a cameo appearance after all.
The temple wouldn't function without the mana. Also, it would still violate the above because some of the members had no Powers, and would have gotten killed from a stray Crit.

Even now, Peanut has no real lifesaving superpower right now. Just being able to solve puzzles and non-combat challenges quickly. If anyone gets careless, it could prove Fatal for the Pointer, since he doesn't have any durability or defensive power, and that would mean Kitsune violated the rule indirectly by using the Temple... As a Wicked Prank.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Given how many people have gone in, with zero fatalities or even serious injuries (the worst I can recall being depicted is Keene's road-rash), I suspect the temple itself is deliberately stopping short of deadly force.
VoidGaming404

Post by VoidGaming404 »

Argent wrote:Given how many people have gone in, with zero fatalities or even serious injuries (the worst I can recall being depicted is Keene's road-rash), I suspect the temple itself is deliberately stopping short of deadly force.
I'm not quite sure of that... There was clearly intent for deadly force when Peanut fell and nearly died on spikes... The only reason he is still alive is because of Mungo
Life is like a rollercoaster, sure there's ups and downs, but you may find that it can throw you for a loop!

~VoidGaming404

Christmas Avatar was made by Jolty-Kun

Original Avatar was made by Buster
dusk

Post by dusk »

That is indeed true. Also, they did have to cheat over a difficult puzzle that was probably designed to kill them.
As I gaze upon the stars, I realize how much I will miss this world.

20-23-5-14-20-25 25-5-1-18-19 8-5 4-9-4 14-15-20 18-5-20-21-18-14,

20-8-5 19-9-24 6-9-14-7-5-18-5-4 13-9-19-6-9-20 23-9-20-8 12-15-20-19 15-6 6-21-18.

*Russian Intensifies*
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Hmmmm.... Rampaging orcs ... Great white walls .... Exhausting multi-stair architecture ... Cakes with diet-dynamiting calorie content ... Elevators with no anesthetizing muszak ... This place is either highly dangerous or badly overdue for an OSHA inspection.
Twilight

Post by Twilight »

Heh, I wonder if Res will wind up using the scroll, and turn the world into a Real Pridelands.
John-056

Post by John-056 »

CanzetYote wrote:
VoidGaming404 wrote:
John-056 wrote:Uhh, need I remind you that Tarot expected Peanut to somehow slog his way through a temple where his Team had barely scraped by? Grape had trouble dealing with a Pack of Kobolds, whose only advantage is Sheer Numbers, while Team Nerd just flattened three massive Beasts like they were nothing!

Not sure about Peanut and Grape getting together, don't forget that Maxwell and Res are part of the equation as well.
At this point, Res is just a friend. Also, he's just visiting from Canada, and last I checked, Long Distance Relationships don't really work that well.

Maxwell is still Grape's BF, and it's not Clear if that will change, since Rick keeps throwing signals all over the place.

And I wasn't Suggesting GrapeNut. As much as I like it, it would take a very weird turn of events to bring Grape and Peanut together... Unless Max is willing to 'Share' Grape, or Something happens that causes a break up between Grape and Maxwell... Which won't do any good for the guy.

Still, I wonder when we're seeing Daisy again if Tarot and Peanut Break up? I mean, Daisy doesn't seem to be in a relationship, and she's revealed to be smarter than she projects. If Tarot and Peanut don't work out... Well, I hope Daisy is an option.

Then again, we don't know much about her, since Rick has been using her as a Backgrounder for so long that we only recently had the clear reveal that she was smarter than she lets on.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

There's an old cliche about relationships that goes "the one who has the least emotional investment in a relationship ultimately controls the relationship." In the case of the cat combos, Grape seems to be the personality who is the least committed to taking the relationship with either Maxwell or Res to the level above affectionate friendship. As to Peanut-Tarot, the dynamics are more murky; however, Peanut is definitely laying down a real marker for the first time in their couple's life.

I'll confess (again) to being something of a GrapeNut, but Rick seems to be drifting away from that arc. While the two are still close and occasional hints of loving between them still surface, we haven't heard "I love you" pass from one to the other for awhile (let alone "mushy stuff"). It may simply be that Fido and Sabrina have the "cross-species" romance covered, and a second relationship might be duplicative in the narrative of the BGardens community. I still delight in their antics, and they remain for me the sun around which the other planets revolve.

I like Daisy, and would love to see her get more stage time. A story involving her and Sasha could be really entertaining. As to her and Peanut, that might be challenging; I'm more inclined to pair her with Fox.

Regards.
Argent

Post by Argent »

VoidGaming404 wrote:I'm not quite sure of that... There was clearly intent for deadly force when Peanut fell and nearly died on spikes... The only reason he is still alive is because of Mungo
Nobody ever touched those spikes to tell if they were real.
John-056

Post by John-056 »

NHWestoN wrote:There's an old cliche about relationships that goes "the one who has the least emotional investment in a relationship ultimately controls the relationship." In the case of the cat combos, Grape seems to be the personality who is the least committed to taking the relationship with either Maxwell or Res to the level above affectionate friendship. As to Peanut-Tarot, the dynamics are more murky; however, Peanut is definitely laying down a real marker for the first time in their couple's life.

I'll confess (again) to being something of a GrapeNut, but Rick seems to be drifting away from that arc. While the two are still close and occasional hints of loving between them still surface, we haven't heard "I love you" pass from one to the other for awhile (let alone "mushy stuff"). It may simply be that Fido and Sabrina have the "cross-species" romance covered, and a second relationship might be duplicative in the narrative of the BGardens community. I still delight in their antics, and they remain for me the sun around which the other planets revolve.

I like Daisy, and would love to see her get more stage time. A story involving her and Sasha could be really entertaining. As to her and Peanut, that might be challenging; I'm more inclined to pair her with Fox.

Regards.
Point well taken. Spring and Summer may not even want to commit, and their interactions with Rufus kinda makes me iffy that Fox being in a relationship with them would last, even though they've been there since Christmas of 2016, and Rufus appeared only at the site of the Temple.

At the very least, Daisy might make a good option... Unless Rick has decided that for whatever reason that Fox must suffer for being a better person, while Bino gets some degrees of happiness for being a complete tail mangler.

It'd feel like a tail pull, if that happens.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Argent wrote:
VoidGaming404 wrote:I'm not quite sure of that... There was clearly intent for deadly force when Peanut fell and nearly died on spikes... The only reason he is still alive is because of Mungo
I've been wondering if perhaps death in the temple runs on video game logic and one simply "wakes up" the next morning back in bed.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Obbl wrote:
Argent wrote:
I've been wondering if perhaps death in the temple runs on video game logic and one simply "wakes up" the next morning back in bed.
Standard Celestial Policy.

NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

... and you did get your scarf back, silly puppy.

As to Fox, John-056, you've got a point. There's a Yiddish term, nebbish that has some resonance with both Fox and Bino. Fox wants to be a good person and support his friends, but his actions have a way of backfiring on him. For example, he agrees to play ringmaster in Bino's plot to win back Sasha by having all the other dogs humiliate her. Note that this scheme is really, really cruel but Fox not only agrees to execute it, but to be one of Sasha's dates. Sasha is reduced to explosive sobbing, Fox is deeply regretful and comforts her, they have a wonderful time, and it looks like they might become a couple. NO WAY! As Fox seeks Sasha to ask her out again, he runs into her and Kevin. Sasha thanks Fox for giving her the heart to go with Kevin, muscle-bound bone-head Kevin and belittles Fox as a "twinkie", and Fox walks away dejected and alone. Then his pals force him to tell Bino that Sasha still rejects him but, when Fox finds Bino, he learns Bino is now dating the imperious beauty, Duchess. So, once again, happy endings for everybody except poor, luckless Fox.

Bino, on the other hand, is also a nebbish but he wants power, acclaim, veneration, and we laugh at him because he's such an inept, selfish stinker. Fox is something of a loveable loser ... although he has his less admirable sides as the Sasha story shows. We kinda root for him. Bino is a jerk, and we enjoy seeing him get squashed. Two very different characters that seem ordained by their natures to repeatedly similar fates.

Regards.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Has anyone considered the thought of, now stay with me here, the concept of a character being single and happy for it? Simply staying close friends with their close friends and not in a drama-endused love triangle or passionate relationship finding a life of self-fulfillment and gasp on their own life prefferable? :P

...mostly in regards of Fox and Grape. Fox in the sense that the guy really has seemed to be happy on his own for the longest, only rustled to find that he really liked Sasha. Sure the Husky angels and Mungo could be considered possible love interests but A: Fox seems to have no interest in the huskies at the moment (and they're dead... and there's 2 of them), and B: that can be passed as a really close friendship. Just bro stuff ya know?
Grape in the case that she ABSOLUTELY seems more of the bachelorette type, being with whoever she wants in the moment or not at all rather than confined to one person. Obviously she really likes Max, but if she WERE to leave Max or Max leave her, I highly doubt she'd get into a "relationship" again. And the whole sharing thing is right up Grape's way of thinking, but Max is the EXACT opposite. He has a lot of self worth issues and attachment anxiety. The poor guy can barely grasp the concept that someone can even like him in the first place. He'd probably leave pretty quickly, and if he didn't find someone else to be with (or actually get an independant character arc for once :P ) he'd just feel worse and worse.

As for Tarot and Peanut, I've never been one for Grapenut, but I am one to follow canon shipping and attempt to forsee what the writer has in store. Peanut and Tarot, as much as I hate to admit it,
have been proving to be kind of a shaky relationship. HOWEVER, while I think they may break up, I don't think he'd get with Grape either, at least not any more than he already is. People seem to forget that Peanut and Grape HAD their character arcs, it's part of the reason King suddenly became the "protagonist" of the story. I think that plotline probably should have been dragged out longer, but I don't blame Rick for doing it pretty quickly, he couldn't have known the comic would be 10+ years long. Like the first season of a show, you want to get your stories main plotline delivered as quickly as possible in case you get canceled. And yeah, interspecies relationship already covered. Peanut and Grape were intended to be a bait and switch from what it seems, and a lesson that main Male protagonist and main Female protagonist don't always have to be in a relationship :lol: (or in normal speak, you don't always end up with the first person you get a crush on, and that's okay).
And really, Peanut can kinda go any way with relationships. In one or not, nothing changes with him. He acts the same. So long as everything is relatively stable, so is Peanut.
ImageImageImageImage
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

An argument for shippable characters staying single, presented using logic?! Blasphemy! Burn the heretic! :P
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Ah, relationships ... dynamic, complicated, and changing. ....and there's that saving the world thing...