2017/11/22 - How To Succeed In Temple Crashing

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

Re: 2017/11/22 - How To Succeed In Temple Crashing

Post by D-Rock »

We've been hinted at that Mungo will take things seriously when need be, like when Fox initially seemed willing to withhold evidence. And here, there's a guy swinging an axe at you, I'd be taking it seriously there as well.

"Pacifist" doesn't necessarily translate to "doormat."
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

NHWestoN wrote:Hi, again, CHAOKO,
Some small things. You referenced Mungo's flying rescue of Peanut; I did not. My concern about his aggressiveness focused solely on the confrontation with Lester. You used the word "bloodthirsty" which I did not and, I think, exaggerated my characterization. This arc bas had more than a little violence but it's comic cartoonist stuff until now the axs are coming out - I'm sure it'll stay that way.

The random one-liner about mice as warriors was an attempt at off-beat humor. Apparently, it failed to amuse.
Regrets.

Regards.
Well I mean, that was one of the 2 things I could imagine you referring to with this aggressiveness thing. I'm even more confused if you are solely referring to this scene, I mean, he's being attacked. He's also a trained police dog (X-Swat dog, mind ya). When it's time to defend yourself or fight, it's time to get serious.
And yes, it was an intentional exaggeration, I'm a silly person :P

Oh, couldn't really tell that was a joke, sorry. Mine was a bit of a joke as well, as well as some genuine confusion since you seemed very straight forward with your speaking before ^^; Might I suggest some emotes to make your speech seem more upbeat? It can be hard to communicate humor or sarcasm well via text, I've found, quite unfortunately.
ImageImageImageImage
John-056

Post by John-056 »

D-Rock wrote:We've been hinted at that Mungo will take things seriously when need be, like when Fox initially seemed willing to withhold evidence. And here, there's a guy swinging an axe at you, I'd be taking it seriously there as well.

True. Just look at how he reacted when he thought Fox wanted to destroy the Evidance in Real Stories of the K9U, or when Fox was running off with the brainwashed Sasha in the same Arc.

He's holding back because he could accidentally KILL Lester. The Nerd may be a jerk, but if Mungo were to even throw a punch, he could break every bone in Lester's body.

The Black Sentinel's fully capable of picking up a Limo easily... With One Hand and no strain. Even when he's trying to be gentle, he has a habit of accidentally pulling doors off their thresholds, hinges and all, and that's while holding back, and has a tough enough body that made a dog who's basically an enforcer thug, break his paw trying to punch Mungo in the Solar Prexus, while Mungo was relaxed.

You can guess what that translates to if he were to actually get serious. Broken Bones would just be one of the main injury.
On the next... Wire in the Blood...
HSDVGDGFWGFWHGVMBHGWY*Ded*
CanzetYote

Post by CanzetYote »

John-056 wrote:
D-Rock wrote:We've been hinted at that Mungo will take things seriously when need be, like when Fox initially seemed willing to withhold evidence. And here, there's a guy swinging an axe at you, I'd be taking it seriously there as well.

True. Just look at how he reacted when he thought Fox wanted to destroy the Evidance in Real Stories of the K9U, or when Fox was running off with the brainwashed Sasha in the same Arc.

He's holding back because he could accidentally KILL Lester. The Nerd may be a jerk, but if Mungo were to even throw a punch, he could break every bone in Lester's body.

The Black Sentinel's fully capable of picking up a Limo easily... With One Hand and no strain. Even when he's trying to be gentle, he has a habit of accidentally pulling doors off their thresholds, hinges and all, and that's while holding back, and has a tough enough body that made a dog who's basically an enforcer thug, break his paw trying to punch Mungo in the Solar Prexus, while Mungo was relaxed.

You can guess what that translates to if he were to actually get serious. Broken Bones would just be one of the main injury.
If only Lester knew just how powerful Mungo was, he'd probably back off a little.
House42

Post by House42 »

Mctwisp wrote:Not Pip. I like to play him, way more useful than any healer I played.
Are you talking Paladins?
AlyxVixen

Post by AlyxVixen »

John-056 wrote:Why was Tarot already in were-form and seemingly prepared to fight the nerds while her Team was unaware of them being ahead of them?
Because Joey accidentally WISHED for a Final Boss Fight in response to Lester's annoyance of the anti-climatic thing of no Final Boss to fight in the same room of the Cosmic Well of Mana that can grant wishes.
Which then granted the wish using Team Sabrina-Tarot as the Final Boss battle.

First panel, Sabrina questioned the speed her team got to the Final Room, and then Lester starts swinging without explaining how his team got there even faster.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

It's that "be careful what you wish for" thing again, isn't it....?
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Title Text: Come on, Lester, rainbows have nothing to hide
Looks like Lester has found the rainbow connection, the lovers and dreamers and him. :lol:
John-056

Post by John-056 »

NHWestoN wrote:Along with the concerns you expressed, John-056, I was a little startled to see Mungo suddenly go aggressive combat warrior. Normally, I richly enjoy seeing a character reveal an unexpected side of their nature (think Daisy, previously seen as a self-absorbed dimbulb,articulating her anxiety about Sasha's disappearance) or discovering a new ability within themselves (think King boldly dynamiting the Bailey-Tarot-Sabrina show-down)
Or even Lester channeling all his merely resentments into battle energy.

But Mungo seemed unique. His immense bodily poise and strength found balance in his deep gentleness, bus good humor, his open regard for the pains and vulnerabilities of others while still maintaining an unwavering commitment to police procedure and therapeutic patience. This turn to violence sacrifices that very special psrsonality to an arc about a game, reducing Mungo to just another pug...and apparently not a very effective one. I'd like to think it's a spell, but instead of deploying his very special talents, the spellenchanter reduces Mungo to just another overbearing muscle head.

But....the story continues, eh?
Regards.
He's not being 'another Thug', since Mungo's being on full defence, not offense. He's merely blocking in the Panel.

...And I think I know the reason. Mungo's likely had a life similar to Master Tigress from Kung Fu Panda, having no Control over his strength until he received training as a therapy Dog, which requires a great deal of restraint and discipline, something 'muscle heads' like Boris and Yeltsin don't have as enforcers.

Remember, Mungo can pick up a Limo one handed and without strain, as well as rip doors off their thresholds while holding back, and that's Without Mana enhancement. What would that translate to with Mana enhancement? Mulched Lester that would require a resurrection spell rather than a basic healing spell.

Mungo's still playing defender. Lester's wounds were caused by Were-Tarot and the Xiphos wielding Fox, since they're blade wounds.
CHAOKOCartoons wrote:Those don't look like swings that mean good intent, not to mention holding back while attacking doesn't physically harm you :P . And yes, I saw the injuries, that's why I said that. The only damage he did was to himself, maybe he' using a "berserk" like ability that takes health in exchange for damage?
Then his Axe must be magically flying off the handle and somehow carving into his flesh, since a majority of his wounds are blade wounds, and we already have two culprits with Blades in their arsenal, Fox using a Xiphos and Tarot having her blades built into her body via her claws.

And how would he get slash wounds on his dominant arm if it's self inflicted?
AlyxVixen wrote:
John-056 wrote:Why was Tarot already in were-form and seemingly prepared to fight the nerds while her Team was unaware of them being ahead of them?
Because Joey accidentally WISHED for a Final Boss Fight in response to Lester's annoyance of the anti-climatic thing of no Final Boss to fight in the same room of the Cosmic Well of Mana that can grant wishes. Which then granted the wish using Team Sabrina-Tarot as the Final Boss battle.

First panel, Sabrina questioned the speed her team got to the Final Room, and then Lester starts swinging without explaining how his team got there even faster.
Big problem. The door was already opening while Joey and Lester were talking. The 'Source of Ultimate Power' requires someone actually touching it to work, or their subconcious wishes would also be granted as well, if following your Theory.

And Lester was telling them how. Team Nerd focused on Speed Running, that is, They rushed through each room, focusing on healing their main fighters, That is, Joey and Lester, and barging through their foes. We only ever saw two scenes where the Nerds were seen with Team Tarot and Sandwich at the same time, and that was in M C Escher's Map, where they seemed confused as to where to go.

Every other time outside of the Head puzzle area, they've mostly been ahead of the two Teams. They've ALWAYS been ahead of them because they've been Speed running the whole time!
On the next... Wire in the Blood...
HSDVGDGFWGFWHGVMBHGWY*Ded*
Argent

Post by Argent »

CHAOKOCartoons wrote:Because they're 4 inches tall... and have far less body mass and muscle than their opponents... and have small hands of which can only hold very very small weapons. Really the only thing they can be offense wise is a black or red mage (debuff or offensive spells) if not simply a thief class with the ability to inject poison via needle. The needle itself would only minorly inconvenience most anyone that they'd encounter here ^^;
Unless they're tanked up like Discworld Gnomes and Pictsies. And given Squeak's perverse durability I can see a tanked up mouse being a thing, with the right hat.

If you don't know about the likes of Wee Mad Arthur and the Nac Mac Feegle ... hie thee to Discworld, and enjoy.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

... and C.S.Lewis or Narnia fans will call the redoubtable Reepichee.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

big enough to wield a Noisy Cricket.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Yeah, I like Lewis but Reepicheep is a bit of a pill.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

NHWestoN wrote:Yeah, I like Lewis but Reepicheep is a bit of a pill.
In the HP-Verse he's played by the great Mouse actor Squeak Cruise.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

... sponsored by Westingmouse.
Reiiby

Post by Reiiby »

I would choose Q from star trek or be an ORI from stargate, even amaterasu from okami.
SerperiorMew

Post by SerperiorMew »

As someone who plays a lot of MMOs and FPSMOBAs, you ALWAYS NEED A HEALER. In Paladins, I suggest 2 tanks, 2dps and 1 healer.... and I'll be healer thank you very much.
To be able to see both the good and the bad while still retaining hope, that is what we need to strive to do in everyday life above all else. Live, learn, laugh and roll with the punches.

-SerperiorMew
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If you are gonna be the healer then you better hope the other people in your party will be very competent at protecting you because most likely you are going down first. =D