Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Welsh Halfwit

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Don't have gloves that do that," Jaken admitted sadly. "Got gloves that can cut through metal," he added brightly, "but don't have the wrist parts so can hurt to use." He grinned. "And I can climb most things better'n a Felis!"
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana let out a sigh of disappointment, "A set forever unmatched... At least it sounds weird enough on it's own." She turned to Kol to explain what a sandwich is, "Basically there's this food item called bread, made out of a certain plant I think, it can be made into different kinds of bread and food but the one we're focusing on are the typically bland food squares. These food squares only purpose is to take two of them and stack up your favorite food ingredients on one of the squares, place the second square on top of the ingredient stack and then pick up the stack by squeezing the two food squares together to more easily, and less messily, eat a stack of various foods."
dusk

Post by dusk »

"Well, perhaps I can be of service to you all. I've been all over the mul- uh, the place. Lot's of different places, you know? I can speak most basic galactic languages, along with their writing, and a few far-flung ones too, like...uh...I don't know how to say it in english, but I know a few, yeah..." He scrunches his face, lost in thought. "Should also maybe mention may or may not have a few bounties on me in different places in the world. Universe. Possibly multiverse." He sighs. "Before you judge me, I had to earn enough to keep me going one way or another." He toys with the star shaped locket around his neck, lost in thought. He looks like he is remembering something hard, the strange distant yet knowing look on his face, saying, in a way, that he knows much more than he'll ever tell.
As I gaze upon the stars, I realize how much I will miss this world.

20-23-5-14-20-25 25-5-1-18-19 8-5 4-9-4 14-15-20 18-5-20-21-18-14,

20-8-5 19-9-24 6-9-14-7-5-18-5-4 13-9-19-6-9-20 23-9-20-8 12-15-20-19 15-6 6-21-18.

*Russian Intensifies*
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

”I think if we tried that, she’d be suspicious as to why I had a federal agent in my hotel room, ready to defend me.” He said, as the person in front of them went down the slide, leaving them at the front of the line. They had to await about fifteen seconds before it was their turn to go down the slide, and then they were off. The not-quite-a-couple went down two two slopes, separated by a slight pause between them, then went up a set of slopes with the same pattern, helped along by jets of water shooting out of holes at the bottom of each slope. As they reached the top, they quickly found themselves entering a tunnel, with a rapid turn at the beginning that made it so any outside light would quickly disappear. The tunnel quickly went into a downward slope that made the constant curves come more rapidly. The two went right, then left, then right again, then left in a series of loops, before going straight, slowly picking up speed as they approached the light at the end of the tunnel. As they exited the tunnel, they found themselves in an artificial stream that seemed to lead back to The Currents proper. Up ahead were a couple of fellow tubers yelling about how awesome the slide was, with one of them calling it “tubular” and getting slapped by his friend.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jenny laughed or shouted all the way down in exhilaration, only pausing to draw breath when she needed to as she let enjoyment rule for the first time in a substantial period. The threats were artificial and controlled, the company was stimulating in so many ways and enjoyment just rang in her ears - as wet as they were. "I would never use a pun as bad as that," she called back as the hume got slapped. "but I feel like a drowned Rat!" She beamed a smile at him as they moved on down the river.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

June's answer is of course, a completely unhelpful, "I want to see EVERYTHING!" before she darts downward to start exploring.

- - - - - -

(not going to reply with the twins right away, because of the timeskip)
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Jolty-Kun wrote:"Yeah, of course. Any person, thing, creature, who is willing to make sure I am safe will get my protection in return." He grins mischievously. "I haven't met a person who hasn't withstood ten thousand volts from shock gloves, hehehe~"
Randy and Morgan looked at each other, before turning back and saying "Justus could."

"Justus, The Dragon Knight, withstood a direct hit from an energy weapon with a power output of one hundred kilofoe per second for a full minute."

"Which, to those of us who don't study obscure units of energy measurement, is the same as having one hundred thousand supernovas exploding in your face every second for a full minute."

"Granted, he turned into a demigod, so he's sort of an outlier..."

"Point is, that sounds like an impressive device, but make sure you have plenty of plan B's."
Jolty-Kun wrote:"Well, perhaps I can be of service to you all. I've been all over the mul- uh, the place. Lot's of different places, you know? I can speak most basic galactic languages, along with their writing, and a few far-flung ones too, like...uh...I don't know how to say it in english, but I know a few, yeah..." He scrunches his face, lost in thought. "Should also maybe mention may or may not have a few bounties on me in different places in the world. Universe. Possibly multiverse." He sighs. "Before you judge me, I had to earn enough to keep me going one way or another." He toys with the star shaped locket around his neck, lost in thought. He looks like he is remembering something hard, the strange distant yet knowing look on his face, saying, in a way, that he knows much more than he'll ever tell.
"Again, that's up to Hivemind." Morgan said. "He's the one who hires people. You might need to tell him about those bounties. He'll need to know what kinds of baggage he'll need to deal with if he hires you. He'll need to pay off those bounties and ensure you won't be arrested in any of our frequent stops."

The lazy river passed within view of the exit stream of the water slide and Morgan and Randy gave a wave to Kolt and Jenny as they passed. Also in view were some food and souvenir shops, including a small stand selling temporary tattoos.

-----------------------------

The hive dragon followed close behind June, though it was difficult for the machine's bulky frame to keep up.

The city goes down very deep, well past where light is completely blocked out by the water. Anything you think of, it is probably there. Whatever you want to do, theaters, arcades, holodeck establishments, shops, statues and other artwork, buildings seemingly built out of shipwrecks... It's all there.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
dusk

Post by dusk »

He shrugs. "Being little does have it's advantages. I was often hired to disable corrupt politicians, leaders who where becoming dictators, and other people who had absolutely no respect for life. A lot of my 'bounties' is just the remains of terrorist groups who think they deserve to ruin everyone's day, and hurt kids." He spits out the words, disgusted. "I fight for the good of others, when I get the chance, and am not trying to survive myself. Not to brag, but there are some planets where I am considered a hero." He blushes from embarrassment. "But yes, when I meet him, I will certainly talk to him about my remaining bounties." The cat stretches, and yawns. "One thing I look forward to, is getting the chance to maybe get some new clothes on this Super Star Destroyer of yours, haha."

20-8-5 19-9-24 6-9-14-7-5-18-5-4 13-9-19-6-9-20 23-9-20-8 12-15-20-19 15-6 6-21-18.

*Russian Intensifies*
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Rika floated along with the others, looking as if she is asleep. The only tell that she was still awake was her ears, which were upright and listening intently to the conversation.
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Jolty-Kun wrote:He shrugs. "Being little does have it's advantages. I was often hired to disable corrupt politicians, leaders who where becoming dictators, and other people who had absolutely no respect for life. A lot of my 'bounties' is just the remains of terrorist groups who think they deserve to ruin everyone's day, and hurt kids." He spits out the words, disgusted. "I fight for the good of others, when I get the chance, and am not trying to survive myself. Not to brag, but there are some planets where I am considered a hero." He blushes from embarrassment. "But yes, when I meet him, I will certainly talk to him about my remaining bounties." The cat stretches, and yawns. "One thing I look forward to, is getting the chance to maybe get some new clothes on this Super Star Destroyer of yours, haha."
"Heh. I think you and I will get along, juuuust fine." Randy said with a grin.

Morgan nodded. "You will be able to get new clothes and a place to stay of your own when we get back to the Beacon tomorrow. You'll be able to talk to Hivemind earlier than that though."
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Clothes only hide the body," Jaken opined, relaxing back into his ring again. "A good body should not be hidden. Except for the parts only to be seen by Mates and family of course!" He was possibly a little aggrieved that no-one had taken him up on the 'climbed better than a Felis' bit or the thing about the gloves but he figured they probably thought him boasting. He'd prove them wrong later or sooner. When the goddesses required it. He wondered how he'd look in a cape. Snap-off collar, of course. "No bounties on me," he added languidly. "Pretty sure is only the Government trying to kill me."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
dusk

Post by dusk »

"Well, good thing I don't have a good body, then!" Jolty chuckles softly.

*Russian Intensifies*
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Felis is all too twisty for that," Jaken chuckled back.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
dusk

Post by dusk »

He hums a song quietly. "Says you, sir. I ain't handsome."

*Russian Intensifies*
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I agree," Jaken mocked lightly, "An' it's Jaken, Mr Jolty. Or Jay."
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
dusk

Post by dusk »

"Alright." He nods again. He doesn't really understand that Jaken is being mocking, and closes his eyes, kind of miserable. If you haven't noticed, he kind of depressed a lot.

Turning, he inquires. "Okay, what are we doing now?" It seems like we are just floating along, doing a whole lot of nothing."

*Russian Intensifies*
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Two hour ago they were fighting a death machine," Jaken noted. "I was helping Doctur Rika with hurt people. Nothing is better than fighting," he added in a way that made his actual meaning ambiguous.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"So what now, Kolt," Jenny asked as they moved past the others and she waved at Randy and Morgan. "Another? Or do you want to eat? I'll buy."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt shrugged as the two floated down the artificial river. ”I could go for some food. Maybe take a quick break before we go on some of the other slides.” He said as the stream opened up to let them into a pool. There was a beach at the far end of the pool, with a series of different huts past the rows of plastic chairs. As he started moving the tube towards the beach in front of them, Kolt noticed an odd sign on one of them, with a word that didn’t translate into Concertian. ”Hey Jenny,what’s a ‘tat-too?’”
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Oh, how to describe," she said, thinking on it for a moment. "You see how most of the Humans don't have fur on most of their bodies? It means they can have art painted on their skin - or burnt on if they want it permanent. These ones, i think, are temporary but I don't think they'd work on us. Too much black fur on us for one thing. So. Burgers?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Neon Icy Wings wrote:Tatiana let out a sigh of disappointment, "A set forever unmatched... At least it sounds weird enough on it's own." She turned to Kol to explain what a sandwich is, "Basically there's this food item called bread, made out of a certain plant I think, it can be made into different kinds of bread and food but the one we're focusing on are the typically bland food squares. These food squares only purpose is to take two of them and stack up your favorite food ingredients on one of the squares, place the second square on top of the ingredient stack and then pick up the stack by squeezing the two food squares together to more easily, and less messily, eat a stack of various foods."
Kol scrunches her face up in an expression that roughly approximates a grimace, and sticks her tongue out at the explanations, grumbling that, "Plants are not food. fish, food. [walrus/mamoth analog], food. [giant feathered bat thing], food. Fungus, sort-of-food but more for flavor. Plants, nope."

as she talks she continues to follow along behind the other two.

- - - - - - - -

as June gets deeper, close to the lower edge of the light penetration depth, Hivemind might notice she starts humming. There's no tune to it the tones just changing at regular intervals, and she doesn't really seem all that aware she's doing it. She also seems to know when someone or something is directly behind her tail, despite the fact that that should be a blindspot.

Spotting a shop that seems to be selling something interesting, June points it out and swims over.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Jolty-Kun wrote:"Alright." He nods again. He doesn't really understand that Jaken is being mocking, and closes his eyes, kind of miserable. If you haven't noticed, he kind of depressed a lot.

Turning, he inquires. "Okay, what are we doing now?" It seems like we are just floating along, doing a whole lot of nothing."
"Well, there are some water slides around here. Also I think I saw a theme park not too far away." Morgan suggests. "You sound like you could use something exciting. I'm sure there are plenty of fun things to do in the theme park."

"I'm sorry..." Randy said, looking somewhat alarmed at Jaken. "Did you just say that the government is trying to kill you?"

-------------------------------
Buster wrote:as June gets deeper, close to the lower edge of the light penetration depth, Hivemind might notice she starts humming. There's no tune to it the tones just changing at regular intervals, and she doesn't really seem all that aware she's doing it. She also seems to know when someone or something is directly behind her tail, despite the fact that that should be a blindspot.

Spotting a shop that seems to be selling something interesting, June points it out and swims over.
The hive dragon continues to follow, needing to put some extra power to his thrusters to keep up. "We can go into that shop if you want. What's that you are humming?"
Last edited by CyberDragon on Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

Ulrich shook his head, "I bet we could figure out how to make you a sandwich with some sort of fungus as bread substitute. There are a lot of meat sandwiches out there." He gave a few example of sandwiches he thought Kol might like whilst they walked into a tunnel surrounded by water. Around them were an abundance of sharks of various kinds, signs posted on the walls explaining what the different species were and how to spot them among the others.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Humming? Oh you mean the sounds, you can hear that low? It's not a tune, the notes make it easier to see in the water..." June half-explains, struggling to put into words what she's doing.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Think so," Jaken admitted sadly, bobbing closer to Rika and holding onto her for support as he spoke.. "Father did something to someone important. Said it was Government contract. On the hush-hush. Then the Hunters came. Father was Medicant like Doctur Rika but he was also best at..." he tried to find the right word and gesticulated towards his face and head. "Ch...changing fur patterns and shape of face. That sort."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt looked mildly disturbed at what Jenny said. ”Wait, so they commit self harm for the sake of putting a picture or symbol on their body?” Kolt said as the tube reached the artificial beach. He got up and carried their tube to a designated pile nearby, before heading back to Jenny to continue the conversation. ”I mean, my species does a lot of stupid stuff, but intentionally burning your body takes it a bit too far. As for burgers, I think I’ll try one of those, if that’s what you’re recommending. Let’s just see what they have first.”

dusk

Post by dusk »

Jolty thought for a moment. "Justus, you said? That name seems familiar. Certainly not someone I've met, but familiar all the same."

*Russian Intensifies*
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote:"Humming? Oh you mean the sounds, you can hear that low? It's not a tune, the notes make it easier to see in the water..." June half-explains, struggling to put into words what she's doing.
"Echolocation? Interesting. This body uses something similar called Sonar." Hivemind explained. He then gestured to the shop she wanted to enter. "Should we step inside?"

---------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Think so," Jaken admitted sadly, bobbing closer to Rika and holding onto her for support as he spoke.. "Father did something to someone important. Said it was Government contract. On the hush-hush. Then the Hunters came. Father was Medicant like Doctur Rika but he was also best at..." he tried to find the right word and gesticulated towards his face and head. "Ch...changing fur patterns and shape of face. That sort."
"I... see." Was all Randy could think to say as ideas of what this might be about filled his head. There are a number of things someone could do with such skills that would result in powerful people wanting the person silenced. However, he didn't have enough evidence to do more than speculate, so he shook the thoughts from his head and tried seeing if he could ask more questions. "Do you know if there was someone specifically in the government that sent these 'hunters'?" He asked.

---------------------------
Jolty-Kun wrote:Jolty thought for a moment. "Justus, you said? That name seems familiar. Certainly not someone I've met, but familiar all the same."
"Have you heard of the so called 'super power lottery'? The phrase 'won the super power lottery' meaning that someone got lucky and ended up with high-powered abilities like, say, superman or Dr. Manhattan?" Morgan asked. "Justus won the super power lottery three times before basically turning into a demigod. He could absorb and project energy, manipulate space and time, and all that before getting turned into the avatar of Diligitis, aspect of love." she laughed. "The man was insane. If all that wasn't enough to make him nauseatingly perfect, he literally used his powers in his free time to deliver toys to well behaved children on Christmas eve, donated pretty much all of his Champion earnings to various charities, and baked cookies for the local orphanage."

"Actually, that's not entirely true. Justus was a terrible baker. I made those cookies, he just delivered them." Randy corrected.

Morgan laughed. "See what I mean? Though as annoying as his incorruptible pure pureness could get, he did inspire the Champions. He had that effect on people. When you have powers, it's easy to keep them to yourself. Do what you want. Only step in when you are personally affected. Justus was the one who showed us what kind of impact people with powers can truly have on the world."
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jaken shook his head. "Nope. Do not know who." Then his ears pricked up, flinging beads of water off the tips as he suddenly had a thought. "Might be something on Data crystal in my shorts." He checked his pockets. Slowly at first, then faster. Then with urgency. Then he let out a breath. "My other shorts," he said, thinking of the pair currently in the locker. "I'd forgotten crystal," he admitted, "as I can't open it."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Sometimes the tattoos are a kind of tribal marking," Jenny explained as they headed to the food area. "A way of belonging. I think it makes skin look a bit less boring. Ah, this place do?" She selected an outside table so the sun could help dry them off and picked up a menu.

((Using a local burger speciality restaurant here with a wonderful website name. Other burger restaurants are available. https://www.eatmeatdrinkrepeat.co.uk/))
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
dusk

Post by dusk »

Jolty realizes he is twitching. He's amped, primed for something active and exciting. Getting out of the water, he places his tube on the side, and trots off, heading towards the big slides. I need to do something energizing. I honestly thought I needed to relax, but here I am, twitching. I guess I still am a bit of an adrenaline junkie. And those battles and stuff didn't help.... Heading over to the slides, he waits, his tail twitching. Some humans ahead of him look in shock at the cat. He looks away, embarrassed. He taps his foot, hoping they look away.

Something taps his shoulder. Looking back, he sees a little human boy, around 5 or 6, sucking his thumb, and looking at Jolty. Jolty rubs his fingers together. "Uh....hey there. Can I help you?" The little boy just looks at him, and then removes his thumb. "Can I pet you?"

Jolty hadn't seen that coming, and his mind fizzled out for a second. The kid touched him again. He wasn't much shorter than Jolty. "Uh....kitty?" Jolty looked back. "Uh....sure?" He wasn't to comfortable with the idea of a complete stranger touching him, but he didn't want to make the kid mad. The little boy grinned, and, thankfully, using his dry hand, he reached up, and scratched Jolty's ears. Jolty purred while the kid pet him. It felt nice!

"David, let's go!" His mother called, and the kid stopped petting him. "Bye mister kitty!" The boy laughed and waved as he ran away from the line with his mother. Joly waved back shyly. Nice to know not everyone is mean....

The line moved, taking Jolty along with it. In a little better of a mood, he climbed to the top, and grabbed a tube. Laying down, he was pushed off, and was sent racing down the dark water filled tube.

"Wahoooo!!!!!"

*Russian Intensifies*
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Jaken shook his head. "Nope. Do not know who." Then his ears pricked up, flinging beads of water off the tips as he suddenly had a thought. "Might be something on Data crystal in my shorts." He checked his pockets. Slowly at first, then faster. Then with urgency. Then he let out a breath. "My other shorts," he said, thinking of the pair currently in the locker. "I'd forgotten crystal," he admitted, "as I can't open it."
Rika's ears shoot straight up at the mention of 'data'. She quickly sits up and turns to Jaken. "Data crystal?" She asked quizically, not hearing of such an item before. Her ears droop as she hears Jaken can't open the crystal. "Well, if anything, we can get Hivemind to take a look at it later.."
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jaken laughed, his face glowing with pure delight, as Rika's ears pricked up. "I like those ears, Miss Rika," he said into one of them. "And, of course, if Mr Mind can help. Taking lot of help," he grumbled, "Will give back soon."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

”Well the tribal aspect makes sense at least. Ancient Viszlian tribes did something similar with fur dyes.” Kolt said, briefly pausing to order a rather sizable meal, before continuing his conversation with Jenny. ”And I’ll definitely agree that Human flesh is kinda boring, given the only difference in pattern is what color they are. With Concertians, you get all sorts of unique patterns, even if that pattern is sometimes just ‘three different shades of grey.’ Humans just seem kinda bland in comparison.”

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Oh, they get in enough trouble over their colours, believe me," Jenny replied, mentally lightening the weight of her account as she considered Kolts' order. She didn't mind and lightened it a little further by adding two burgers of her own. And fries and a Milkshake. Being a Rat, of course, enabled her to eat large amounts of junk without any problems. It was something she indulged every now and again. "but, being a uniform colour type," she added, "I can appreciate all the patterns of others, believe me on that."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

CyberDragon wrote:
Buster wrote:"Humming? Oh you mean the sounds, you can hear that low? It's not a tune, the notes make it easier to see in the water..." June half-explains, struggling to put into words what she's doing.
"Echolocation? Interesting. This body uses something similar called Sonar." Hivemind explained. He then gestured to the shop she wanted to enter. "Should we step inside?"
"Uh... how do I make it open? I got the other one open by accident but this one doesn't have blinking squares..." she states, pantomiming mashings buttons. Apparently she doesn't know what a door handle is... which actually shouldn't be surprising given she's basically a very high-functioning infant.

- - - - -

hearing Kolt's generalizations about human appearance, a nearby random human tourist npc sputters something indignant and tromps off to find someone to complain to.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Jolty-Kun wrote:Jolty realizes he is twitching. He's amped, primed for something active and exciting. Getting out of the water, he places his tube on the side, and trots off, heading towards the big slides. I need to do something energizing. I honestly thought I needed to relax, but here I am, twitching. I guess I still am a bit of an adrenaline junkie. And those battles and stuff didn't help.... Heading over to the slides, he waits, his tail twitching. Some humans ahead of him look in shock at the cat. He looks away, embarrassed. He taps his foot, hoping they look away.

Something taps his shoulder. Looking back, he sees a little human boy, around 5 or 6, sucking his thumb, and looking at Jolty. Jolty rubs his fingers together. "Uh....hey there. Can I help you?" The little boy just looks at him, and then removes his thumb. "Can I pet you?"

Jolty hadn't seen that coming, and his mind fizzled out for a second. The kid touched him again. He wasn't much shorter than Jolty. "Uh....kitty?" Jolty looked back. "Uh....sure?" He wasn't to comfortable with the idea of a complete stranger touching him, but he didn't want to make the kid mad. The little boy grinned, and, thankfully, using his dry hand, he reached up, and scratched Jolty's ears. Jolty purred while the kid pet him. It felt nice!

"David, let's go!" His mother called, and the kid stopped petting him. "Bye mister kitty!" The boy laughed and waved as he ran away from the line with his mother. Joly waved back shyly. Nice to know not everyone is mean....

The line moved, taking Jolty along with it. In a little better of a mood, he climbed to the top, and grabbed a tube. Laying down, he was pushed off, and was sent racing down the dark water filled tube.

"Wahoooo!!!!!"
Morgan laughed and cheered as she watched Jolty go down the tube. She was able to "see" him despite him being in a dark tunnel because of her ability to sense the water he displaced as well as the water in his body. However, it would look a little odd to anyone watching her cheer something she couldn't see.

------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Jaken laughed, his face glowing with pure delight, as Rika's ears pricked up. "I like those ears, Miss Rika," he said into one of them. "And, of course, if Mr Mind can help. Taking lot of help," he grumbled, "Will give back soon."
"Yeah, Hivemind will open that thing in an instant. Though we should probably go and make sure something of that importance is safe." Randy said, a hint of concern in his voice. "Huge government secrets in a pair of shorts in a park locker doesn't sound the most secure to me. We should at least put it in my utility belt. That has the best kind of security. It has 'Property of The Lycan' written on it." He joked. "In all seriousness, my belt is designed so that nobody can get to the devices inside it but me."

------------------------------
Buster wrote:"Uh... how do I make it open? I got the other one open by accident but this one doesn't have blinking squares..." she states, pantomiming mashings buttons. Apparently she doesn't know what a door handle is... which actually shouldn't be surprising given she's basically a very high-functioning infant.
"This isn't a portal door, or an automatic one. To open it, you do this." He swam over to the sliding door, grabbed the handle and pushed the trigger on the back side of it to undo the latch. he then pushed it to the side and gestured for June to enter. "The doors down here slide because the water would be too heavy to efficiently move out of the way of a swinging door."

(Since June was the one who thought it looked interesting, It'll be best if you describe the shop, Buster. I don't know what is interesting to June.)
-Champion Motto

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana shrugged at Kol's reaction, not everybody likes plants after all, and focused on the aquarium around her, "This place is real calm feeling. This place has protections in place to combat those things that happen in those horror movies I've heard about right? Like nothing's gonna break out?"
dusk

Post by dusk »

Jolty gets out of the water, soggy and wet. "Welp. I am extremely moist now." He giggles at himself saying the word moist. Typical boy humor. Walking over, he takes his glasses and towel, and wipes himself off. After he is sufficiently dry, he readjusts his glasses, and sits by the edge of the river, watching the others pass by.

*Russian Intensifies*
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"You are probably right on that, Mr Randy, sir," Jaken agreed, putting a hand over his eyes to see as the sun put in an appearance past one of the artificial mountains in the park.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Jolty-Kun wrote:Jolty gets out of the water, soggy and wet. "Welp. I am extremely moist now." He giggles at himself saying the word moist. Typical boy humor. Walking over, he takes his glasses and towel, and wipes himself off. After he is sufficiently dry, he readjusts his glasses, and sits by the edge of the river, watching the others pass by.
Morgan gave a wave to Jolty as they passed by. "Well you look a lot cheerier! I take it the slide was fun?"

-------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"You are probably right on that, Mr Randy, sir," Jaken agreed, putting a hand over his eyes to see as the sun put in an appearance past one of the artificial mountains in the park.
"Well then!" Randy tipped over and slid off the raft, standing up in the shallow water. "We should probably get over there quickly and make sure it's secure." He climbed out of the river at the nearest exit and offered a hand to help Jaken out. "We'll be back soon."
-Champion Motto

dusk

Post by dusk »

He nods. "It was indeed." Yawning, his ears twitch. "Pretty tired though. I haven't slept in a couple days...."

*Russian Intensifies*