Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Buster
Game Master

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Buster »

A bit confused that he wasn't coming along, Kol watches Luke a moment before joining Tatiana and Ulrich.

- - - - - - - -

Deciding she'll probably be better at computing this nonsense in one piece, Talya decides to take Hivemind up on his offer, messaging a quick thanks and scuttling over to the parts conveyor. She's able to complete the repairs MUCH faster and with a lot less wasted power, now that she's no longer needing to do roundabouts things like refine carbon and silicon from organic mater.

The SiC tiles are still present in the final rebuild, but they've been moved to spots that would actually benefit from being coated in a rigid ceramic, rather than just being slapped onto everything. Also, apparently she got a hold of a decent amount of chromium, copper, and zinc, from her casing's coloring.

"Did you seriously just plate your casing with chrome and brass?"

"You think he'll mind? he said I could use anything in the bins, and we're going to a formal event later, so I should look my best..."

"looks kinda tacky to me. you need a color or two to break it up."

"The only materials in here that contain decent pigments would make me red... I'm a robotic suit, that color set is a little TOO on the nose."

Not really listening, and unsupervised, junior wanders over to the door.
Poking buttons at random, not even trying to do anything, just out of boredom, Junior somehow winds up entering the correct combination to override the door and connect it to the food court the gang were chatting in the night before, entirely by sheer dumb luck.

"I am kinda hungry..." she mutters to herself, turning to Kobor and asking "Can I?"

"Can you what, Jun-uuuh... how did you get that open?" Kobor asks turning towards Junior only to go slack-jawed, or as close to slack-jawed as a being with a beak can get anyway.

Oh look, Talya's overheating trying to make sense of her niece... again...

"What did you call me?"

"Junior?"

"No... you said June... I like it."

(Yes i know that's not how her bio says she came up with the name, but it just kinda popped into my head.)
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Where did the Felis go," Jaken asked as he munched his way through a Ham sandwich. He'd only stopped looking at the other thing for a few seconds and it had gone. Great tracking skills, he told himself mockingly. He raised his voice. "Come back, Felis! We do not hate you!" He realised everyone was looking at him now and sort of shrank into his seat, pretending to be invisible. "Father always said better to have Felis where you can see them," he added in a quieter voice.
"Ah.. Felis? Is that another race on your planet or something?" Rika asked, turning her attention away from the strange cat running away from everything to Jaken. "Tempest and Lycan will probably follow him.. Not our problem, really, but his actions warrant investigation.." She added, taking a second bite of her sandwich..

Not a few moments later, security came back with the cat in tow and started talking to Morgan and Randy about him. "Well, that got resolved quickly.." Rika stated flatly.
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote:Deciding she'll probably be better at computing this nonsense in one piece, Talya decides to take Hivemind up on his offer, messaging a quick thanks and scuttling over to the parts conveyor. She's able to complete the repairs MUCH faster and with a lot less wasted power, now that she's no longer needing to do roundabouts things like refine carbon and silicon from organic mater.

The SiC tiles are still present in the final rebuild, but they've been moved to spots that would actually benefit from being coated in a rigid ceramic, rather than just being slapped onto everything. Also, apparently she got a hold of a decent amount of chromium, copper, and zinc, from her casing's coloring.

"Did you seriously just plate your casing with chrome and brass?"

"You think he'll mind? he said I could use anything in the bins, and we're going to a formal event later, so I should look my best..."

"looks kinda tacky to me. you need a color or two to break it up."

"The only materials in here that contain decent pigments would make me red... I'm a robotic suit, that color set is a little TOO on the nose."

Not really listening, and unsupervised, junior wanders over to the door.
Poking buttons at random, not even trying to do anything, just out of boredom, Junior somehow winds up entering the correct combination to override the door and connect it to the food court the gang were chatting in the night before, entirely by sheer dumb luck.

"I am kinda hungry..." she mutters to herself, turning to Kobor and asking "Can I?"

"Can you what, Jun-uuuh... how did you get that open?" Kobor asks turning towards Junior only to go slack-jawed, or as close to slack-jawed as a being with a beak can get anyway.

Oh look, Talya's overheating trying to make sense of her niece... again...

"What did you call me?"

"Junior?"

"No... you said June... I like it."

(Yes i know that's not how her bio says she came up with the name, but it just kinda popped into my head.)
"I-I-I don't mind-don't mind, Kobor-obor. A-A-A-A-And if the ki-i-i-i-i-id wan'ts to-o-o go to the food court-food court-food court tha-a-at's fine too." The hive droid was on it's last legs. "I-I-I-I-I'll see-e-e-e-e you thereEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-" CRUNCH *shriiiiip!* The droid's chest tore open as the swarm droid erupted from within like an alien creature, ripping out it's power core in the process. The droid fell backwards onto the conveyor belt, which carried it into the next room where the machinery started tearing the body apart, dismantling it piece by piece and tossing them into bins like the ones in the entry room. Fluids leaked out of the body and were collected in barrels. The swarm droid carried the power core over to a shelf full of them.

Not long after that fairly horrific scene, a man stood in the doorway. Talya would be able to tell he wasn't really a human, but the civilian droid's outer appearance was convincing. "Sorry about that. So! Who's hungry?"

--------------------------------
Jolty-Kun wrote:Jaken saw people, presumably guards based upon how they where dressed, rushing for the fence. "Hey, you! Stop!" One of the got out. Another got out some kind of baton, which appeared to be pulsating with electricity after he flicked a switch on it to the on setting.

Jolty scaled the wall, and dropped to the ground behind it. He heard people calling his "STOP!!!", and shook his head.
"Stars above. I guess this is going to end up being a normal day after all, huh. " He sprung across the well groomed golf course, pulling googles out of his rucksack, and pulling them on. Glasses where protecting on their own, but even dust could get behind them. For high speed runs, Jolty used a pair of googles he'd bought a year or so ago. Some humans, and an alien he didn't recognize screamed as he darted in front of them. He shouted his apologies and looked back-

Only to find himself running directly into a lake. Sonova-

*SPLASH!* Jolty fell into the moat, just as he heard another "splash!" followed by cursing. Another gaurd had presumably attempted to follow him, only to share the same fate. This turned out to be a stroke of luck, and Jolty hauled his wet body from the moat, and took off, another portly guard attempting to catch him, but running poorly.

Just ahead was the exit to the resort! He was so close! C'mon, c'mon almost!-

BZZZZT!

Jolty blacked out as the security droid switched off his stun baton. It took his rifle, and set it next to it. Oddly, the chubby human guard, who had caught up, gasping for breath, noticed that the robot didn't terminate it. The robot turned to the human."Probably best to take this one back. If he's an outlaw, then those Champions or whatever will probably know him.
The guard nodded. "Right. Thank you." The droid handed him the rifle. "Don't destroy it until you know who he is. Don't want a perfectly good citizen mad at us. Besides, this is old. Worth a lot of money." The guard nodded once more, took the weapon, and walked back the the area near the confectioneries, where the rest of the BoH's crew was, and held up the cat, with some struggle, as it was the equivalent of holding up a 4 and a half foot tall kid.

"You folks know this guy?"
"We're trying to." Morgan stated firmly, not at all happy about security's treatment of the cat. "Put him down, and hand that over to us. We'll hold on to it." She gestured to the rifle.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana stepped onto Ulrich's light carpet, "Eh, magic carpets are overrated. Just imagine being carried over buildings in a hammock. Prefer something solid under my feet." As they flew to the aquarium she decided to get a mid flight conversation going, "So, got any favorite fish or aquatic earth life yourself? Any hype to build the earth's beings of the depths?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Felis are from the Planet Felis," Jaken explained. "They look a lot like the person Mr Wolf and Miss Tempest was talking to." He took a breath through the sandwich. "Met a few. Some trusty. Some...
They hide claws until close.
"

When the situation evolved, Jaken trotted over towards the scene with half a sandwich which, he'd discovered, was some kind of fish meat and more up the Felis type of menu than his. he offered it to the Feline. "Why did you run, Mr Felis," he asked straight, "we's not that scary, is we?"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jenny chuckled and got into the forward 'seat carefully. "You want cliche," she asked. "I'm gonna look like a drowned Rat!" And the ride began.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
dusk

Post by dusk »

The guard snorted, and handed her the rifle, and promptly dropped the wet, exhausted looking cat on the ground, walking away. Jolty groans. "Stars above....I didn't think it was gonna be one of those days." He looks up at the very obviously larger people, and looks at them, half scared, half angry. He looks at them in the realization they have his rifle, and sighs. He looks soaked and miserable. "Well....can't argue with that, now can I. He holds his paws up, and you notice he has 6 fingers. "If your gonna take me in, then do it. I haven't slept in 54 hours, and normally cats are supposed to get 14 hours or so of sleep. I'm tired, I'm wet, and I'm hungry, as I haven't eaten in 3 days...." He looks so....bleak, and tired. "Just take me in, if your going to do it, but I'll have you know I have done nothing wrong. But if you see it fit to arrest me, then I will not stop you."

Jolty looks over at Jaken, and gingerly taking the sandwich, rapidly eating it. It seems like he isn't lying when he says he was hungry. He looks at Jaken gratefully. "Uh...thanks..."
As I gaze upon the stars, I realize how much I will miss this world.

20-23-5-14-20-25 25-5-1-18-19 8-5 4-9-4 14-15-20 18-5-20-21-18-14,

20-8-5 19-9-24 6-9-14-7-5-18-5-4 13-9-19-6-9-20 23-9-20-8 12-15-20-19 15-6 6-21-18.

*Russian Intensifies*
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jaken looks to leave it all to the adults but there's the one thing he feels he has to ask... "I is... am Jaken," he said, putting a hand to his own chest. "also a runner. But you are running from hunters? No, no... You are running from hunters?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
dusk

Post by dusk »

Jolty is sitting on the ground, eyes closed, breathing. "Kid, it isn't where I am running from. It's where I am running to. I'm trying to go home.... He opens his eyes. "I've had to do a lot of things to try and get there....nothing's worked yet...."

"..."

"So I run."

"I fight. I carry on hoping I can one day shake hands with a brother. So I can one day tell this girl how I feel. I fight so i can sit by a fire, telling jokes with a friend....I fight....for my family..."

He looks up at Jaken, tears streaming down his face. "I know what it's like to not have a home, but believe me, kid. Home can be people, too. Home can be the loving touch of a cat, the devious smile of a friend pranking you. Home can be bruises you and your friend got for being different....Home is constantly moving....Home is where the heart is."

20-8-5 19-9-24 6-9-14-7-5-18-5-4 13-9-19-6-9-20 23-9-20-8 12-15-20-19 15-6 6-21-18.

*Russian Intensifies*
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Morgan looked at the cat, unsure of how to respond to that speech. She lifted an open hand to him, and the water soaking him evaporated instantly. "We aren't going to arrest you. We have no reason to. We do need to hold on to the rifle while you're here, but you'll get it back once we are no longer in a very public resort full of twitchy people who were almost shot by a giant mechanical suit of armor." A nearby drinking fountain spontaneously turned on. It shot it's water into the air, but it didn't fall back down into the bowl. Instead, it gathered and collected in a rather large bubble hovering in the air. She brought the water bubble over to Jolty and hovered it in front of him. "Here. It sounds like you could use some fresh water. Don't worry, there isn't anything wrong with it, I'm just... weird. I control water."
-Champion Motto

dusk

Post by dusk »

Jolty gazed at her for a moment, before standing. "Thank you..." He takes a sip of the water, enjoying it's freshness. He rubs his eyes. "Now...may I at least know who you all are? Not to be rude, I just figured being at least slightly informed would help me be less confused." He's still judging you. Not sure if he can trust you. He may not be very big, but he looks at least slightly strong, and it doesn't look like he'd hesitate to run if you startled him the wrong way. Better proceed with caution.

*Russian Intensifies*
Deske

Post by Deske »

Ulrich gave a wave to Kol and stepped to the side provide a little more space on the platform for her, "Welcome aboard." He thought about Tatiana's question for a few seconds as they made their way to the aquarium, "I think whale sharks are my favorite aquatic creature. A little simple, I know. It is not something crazy interesting like an anglerfish that has a little lightbulb hanging in front of it to attract prey or a bio-luminescent squid that lights up and changes colors. No, whale sharks just seem really calm. Like nothing bothers them. Although sharks in general are pretty calm unless you bother their food or their family. At least the ones that I saw when I went scuba diving were." He paused, trying to figure out a way to ask his own question, "Do either of you have aquatic life on your planet? Maybe not so much you, Kol, if I am correct in understand that your planet is frozen, maybe you have an analog to aquatic life?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I am Jaken," Jaken repeated evenly, still keeping a little distance. "You have not said your name. This is Miss Rika," he added, pointing to Rika before the others, "and Miss Tempest and... Mr Wolf. They is part of a team called the Champions! They go in to battle big, bad things like robots and Miss Rika battles wounds. She's a Medicinal."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Felis are from the Planet Felis," Jaken explained. "They look a lot like the person Mr Wolf and Miss Tempest was talking to." He took a breath through the sandwich. "Met a few. Some trusty. Some...
They hide claws until close.
"

When the situation evolved, Jaken trotted over towards the scene with half a sandwich which, he'd discovered, was some kind of fish meat and more up the Felis type of menu than his. he offered it to the Feline. "Why did you run, Mr Felis," he asked straight, "we's not that scary, is we?"
Rika followed behind Jaken, her curiosity getting the better of her. Plus, the cat might be hurt..

She kept quiet as the conversation went on, munching through her sandwiches.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"You have not said your name. This is Miss Rika," he added, pointing to Rika before the others, "and Miss Tempest and... Mr Wolf. They is part of a team called the Champions! They go in to battle big, bad things like robots and Miss Rika battles wounds. She's a Medicinal."
"His codename is Lycan, Jaken.." Rika corrected. "..And I am a doctor. You're not hurt at all, are you?" She added, stepping in front of Jaken slightly. "If you are, I could take a look at you.."
Character Reference
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Liecun," Jaken said, his ears back in shame at getting the name wrong, "and Doctur. Liecun, Doctur," he repeated quietly, trying to force the unfamiliar words in.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

CyberDragon wrote:"I-I-I don't mind-don't mind, Kobor-obor. A-A-A-A-And if the ki-i-i-i-i-id wan'ts to-o-o go to the food court-food court-food court tha-a-at's fine too." The hive droid was on it's last legs. "I-I-I-I-I'll see-e-e-e-e you thereEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-" CRUNCH *shriiiiip!* The droid's chest tore open as the swarm droid erupted from within like an alien creature, ripping out it's power core in the process. The droid fell backwards onto the conveyor belt, which carried it into the next room where the machinery started tearing the body apart, dismantling it piece by piece and tossing them into bins like the ones in the entry room. Fluids leaked out of the body and were collected in barrels. The swarm droid carried the power core over to a shelf full of them.

Not long after that fairly horrific scene, a man stood in the doorway. Talya would be able to tell he wasn't really a human, but the civilian droid's outer appearance was convincing. "Sorry about that. So! Who's hungry?"
"Do you have any salmon? like, the whole fish not just pieces?" June is the first to speak up, showing off her sharkish grin once more.

"I could probably do with replacing my nutrient cylinder..." Talya commented once she'd had managed to force herself not to think about her wierd niece.

"I guess."
Deske wrote:Ulrich gave a wave to Kol and stepped to the side provide a little more space on the platform for her, "Welcome aboard." He thought about Tatiana's question for a few seconds as they made their way to the aquarium, "I think whale sharks are my favorite aquatic creature. A little simple, I know. It is not something crazy interesting like an anglerfish that has a little lightbulb hanging in front of it to attract prey or a bio-luminescent squid that lights up and changes colors. No, whale sharks just seem really calm. Like nothing bothers them. Although sharks in general are pretty calm unless you bother their food or their family. At least the ones that I saw when I went scuba diving were." He paused, trying to figure out a way to ask his own question, "Do either of you have aquatic life on your planet? Maybe not so much you, Kol, if I am correct in understand that your planet is frozen, maybe you have an analog to aquatic life?"
"The oceans of home have the most food to hunt of any part of my world, but nobody builds those 'boat' things or strays too deep as they're far more chaotic than the waters here." Kol explains. referring to her world like that still feeling strange to her. "The surface is a constant flow of jagged broken ice that shifts in time with the moons."
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
dusk

Post by dusk »

Jolty closes his eyes, smiling. It's a real, genuine smile, not devious, or evil looking. "Jolty. My name is Jolty. It's a pleasure." He looks at the Doctor. "Uh,..no. I am not. Nothing you can assist me with, any ways. I appreciate the offer, however." He rubs his shoulder, not used to talking to so many people at once.

*Russian Intensifies*
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote:"Do you have any salmon? like, the whole fish not just pieces?" June is the first to speak up, showing off her sharkish grin once more.

"I could probably do with replacing my nutrient cylinder..." Talya commented once she'd had managed to force herself not to think about her wierd niece.

"I guess."
The android clapped his hands together. "Alright then! Follow me, please." With that, he led the three through the food court. One thing they might notice is that, aside from an initial glance people give to newcomers, nobody was giving them any odd looks. Nobody was afraid of them or considered them out of place. In fact, many of the people there were even more odd than the twins and the shark-fox. There was a person who looked like they were made of shadows talking to one seemingly made of light. cat people and dog people living together without the mass hysteria. One of the tables had a rather large robotic dragon having a discussion with a certain two-tailed fox who seemed to be made of a kind of stretchy plastic. Hivemind gave them a wave as he passed by with Kobor, Talya, and June close behind. "Hey, Cyber. Hey Isaac. Don't see you here often." They waved back and Hivemind continued walking the three kaal over to the public kitchen, where an identical android was waiting.

"All right. June, you said you wanted a whole salmon. I've got one already ready for you right here." He pulled up a large plate with a huge, fresh salmon on it and handed it to her. "Talya, you said you needed a nutrient cylinder. I don't have one here, but..." A third identical android walked up behind them and tapped Talya on the... what he guessed was the shoulder. The third droid was carrying a nutrient cylinder in it's hand. "...I do have some stored away for our cyborg residents. It took some digging, but given the files I read this should be compatible." It said. Then all three hive droids spoke up.

"What about you, Kobor? What will you have?" They spoke in unison.

-------------------------------
Jolty-Kun wrote:Jolty gazed at her for a moment, before standing. "Thank you..." He takes a sip of the water, enjoying it's freshness. He rubs his eyes. "Now...may I at least know who you all are? Not to be rude, I just figured being at least slightly informed would help me be less confused." He's still judging you. Not sure if he can trust you. He may not be very big, but he looks at least slightly strong, and it doesn't look like he'd hesitate to run if you startled him the wrong way. Better proceed with caution.
Jolty-Kun wrote:Jolty closes his eyes, smiling. It's a real, genuine smile, not devious, or evil looking. "Jolty. My name is Jolty. It's a pleasure." He looks at the Doctor. "Uh,..no. I am not. Nothing you can assist me with, any ways. I appreciate the offer, however." He rubs his shoulder, not used to talking to so many people at once.
Morgan returned the smile. It was equally genuine and warm, despite her whole power set being based around ice and storms and rapid-moving water. She was a mother as well, and this cat was triggering a sort of protective instinct in her. She handed Jolty some of her food. She didn't feel the fish sandwich would be enough for the starving looking cat. "Like Jaken said, we're super heroes. We're called the Champions. We go around helping people who need it, protecting people at risk, and making sure things are fair."
Last edited by CyberDragon on Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I think he is OK," Jaken told Rika, staying behind her leg. "With name like that, he could be 'lectric. Zap, zap! I'm better climber though."
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
dusk

Post by dusk »

Jolty accepts the food, bowing his head. "Thank you..." He opens a bag of chips, scarfing them down. You might notice how battle worn his outfit looks, the oversized turtleneck he wears in tatters, and the trench-coat in absolute shambles, being held together by stitching and patches of cloth sewn on. This may raise many questions. Who is this guy? Where is he from? Despite the kindness he received, it doesn't seem like he is very open to conversation about himself. However, something else might catch your attention. On his trench-coat is a badge of some kind. It is circular, with criss-cross lines on it, and a lightning bolt in the center. There is red and blue writing on it, but it is to far away to read.

*Russian Intensifies*
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

The Lycan, who had already basically swallowed his six hot dogs and two funnel cakes whole right after giving Morgan her food, kneeled down to Jolty's level. He held out a massive hand/paw to shake Jolty's. "It's good to meet you, Jolty. My name is Randy. Morgan's my wife." His voice is deep with a slight growl. On getting a closer look, he saw the badge on Jolty's coat that seemed like it was supposed to mean something. "Would you mind me asking a question? What does that badge mean?"
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Swallowing down nerves, Jaken moved forward, keeping himself in the Felis' view as best he could and put a slightly shaky hand on Joltys' shoulder. "It is OK," he said haltingly. "Mr Liecun...Randee? Is not real scary." He grinned slightly. "Bit growly but not scary."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
dusk

Post by dusk »

Jolty looked over at the kid. "Thanks. I need the help in this situation. Jaken gave him a smile, in his mind and on his face. He reminded Jolty of his brother's kid. It made him happy to see someone who reminded him of why he kept going. Turning, he shook Randy's hand, surprised and quite intimidated at the huge man wolf. Looking down at the badge, he frowned. "Oh, yeah, this thing. It's not anything special, to be perfectly honest. It's just...a toy, if you will. I got it as a birthday present from this game series I was obsessed with as a kit. They don't make it anymore, so it's pretty special to me." The large creature scared him a bit, so he rubbed his paws nervously, his 12 fingers intertwined.

Randy may notice, looking further that the badge reads "Franklin Badge" in blue writing, and "Mother" in red writing.

*Russian Intensifies*
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

As the two started flowing down the artificial river, the difference between it and a regular lazy quickly became apparent. Water gushed out of slits in the walls to create artificial waves, small geysers burst out of the bottom to rock the tube back and forth, and pipes with strategically placed holes shot streams of water out at them. All in all, they were soaking wet after only a couple minutes. It was around that time when they noticed a small sign on the right side of the river, labeled “Entrances to The Falls water slide up ahead.” In the distance, Kolt noticed a small side path that led to a conveyer belt, which reached upwards towards a tower with a slide coming out the far end. ”Looks like there’s another path up ahead. Wanna go down the slide, or just keep on the main path?” He asked, already moving the tube closer to the entrance in case she chose the slide.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Taking it and offering her thanks, the cylinder isn't the right width or socket type so it takes Talya some fiddling to get it to plug in correctly leaving her distracted dealing with that for several minutes eventually having to scan it, and convert some disposable plastic utensils into raw material to fabricate an adapter.

June as it turns out, doesn't yet know what chairs or utensils are for, and eats like, well, a shark. Biting down on the fish she's holding then twisting her jaw sideways to tear a large chunk out of it...

somehow shrugging despite not having shoulders or a distinct neck or an even vaguely humanoid shape, Kobor asks.
"I don't suppose you have a vegetarian menu? I'm kinda used to living out of the Landshark's aeroponics module..."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Ah,let's go for the drop," Jenny called back, feeling exhilarated but drenched and not quite wanting it to end yet.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
His work done, and feeling a bit proud of himself for facing a feary enemy and friending him, Jaken crossed back to Rika, his paws behind his back and his tight chest out front a little. "So are we riding the rivers," he asked chirpily, "or going for drops?"
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Jolty-Kun wrote:Jolty looked over at the kid. "Thanks. I need the help in this situation. Jaken gave him a smile, in his mind and on his face. He reminded Jolty of his brother's kid. It made him happy to see someone who reminded him of why he kept going. Turning, he shook Randy's hand, surprised and quite intimidated at the huge man wolf. Looking down at the badge, he frowned. "Oh, yeah, this thing. It's not anything special, to be perfectly honest. It's just...a toy, if you will. I got it as a birthday present from this game series I was obsessed with as a kit. They don't make it anymore, so it's pretty special to me." The large creature scared him a bit, so he rubbed his paws nervously, his 12 fingers intertwined.

Randy may notice, looking further that the badge reads "Franklin Badge" in blue writing, and "Mother" in red writing.
Randy did notice, though he didn't understand where it came from. He always passed his time by tinkering with various devices and seeing how he could turn useless things into something practical. He didn't really get too into games. "Heh. You and Kolt will get along just fine." He said with a smile. He then backed off. He could smell Jolty's fear of him, and decided to give the cat some space.

Morgan also noticed the badge. "Actually, I think I recognize where that comes from. I never played it myself, but I think our daughter, Eira, has." She looked down, her face showing some measure of concern. This was the first time she's discussed her daughter with anyone but Randy since they sent her away. "I wonder how she's doing now."

Randy put a hand on her shoulder. "She's fine. She's probably relieved to have her own space right now. I made absolutely sure that her 'vacation' would actually be the most relaxation she's had in a while."

"That isn't saying much."

---------------------------------
Buster wrote:Taking it and offering her thanks, the cylinder isn't the right width or socket type so it takes Talya some fiddling to get it to plug in correctly leaving her distracted dealing with that for several minutes eventually having to scan it, and convert some disposable plastic utensils into raw material to fabricate an adapter.

June as it turns out, doesn't yet know what chairs or utensils are for, and eats like, well, a shark. Biting down on the fish she's holding then twisting her jaw sideways to tear a large chunk out of it...

somehow shrugging despite not having shoulders or a distinct neck or an even vaguely humanoid shape, Kobor asks.
"I don't suppose you have a vegetarian menu? I'm kinda used to living out of the Landshark's aeroponics module..."
"Nope!" the first hive droid responded to Kobor. "Don't have a regular menu either."
The second one standing behind the counter continued after that. "The way it works at the public kitchen is that you tell me what you think sounds good, and I replicate the ingredients and cook what you want."
The third droid, the one that brought Talya the cylinder, spoke up. "There are so many different nutritional needs on this ship, a menu that had something edible for everyone would have way more stuff in it than could be searched through in a reasonable time."
The droid behind the counter continued. "We don't even keep the ingredients here. I have to replicate them. There wouldn't be enough space for the different ingredients I would need. Heck, even that salmon was replicated. It was never alive."
"In short, I can make whatever you want from scratch. Just say something you like. As long as it is something I've encountered before, that is."
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Uh... well, I can kinda eat literally anything, as long as it's carbon based. Made due with scrap plastic once. one of the advantages of being able to mutate your digestive tract on the fly. but I prefer raw vegetable dishes." Kobor explained.
dusk

Post by dusk »

Jolty's shoulders, which had been stressed up, relaxed a little, as Randy stepped away. He reaches into his rucksack, and pulls out a small device. Pressing a few buttons on it, apparently reading it, he sighs. "I know this may be rather rude to ask,
but can I travel with you? My....detection device is jammed, and I need to fix it to leave. I assume you all will have basic tools on board, so I would greatly appreciate it if I could travel with you."

*Russian Intensifies*
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Ok, that sort of narrows it down... Though without some more specifics, all that comes to mind is a salad. I'll see what I can come up with." The android behind the counter walked back into the kitchen where he replicated a variety of vegetables. Spinach, lettuce, and other leafy greens, some corn and nuts and tomatoes for substance and texture. It was looking like a pretty generic dish. He replicated some baby carrots and added them before coating the salad in a mildly spicy pepper-based dressing and a combination of herbs and spices to give it a bit more flavor. He hoped it was all acceptable to his new hire. He didn't have too much to go on, and it's tough to get raw vegetables to taste acceptable. He walked out of the kitchen and gave the dish to Kobor. "Here. I hope you like it. By the way, food at the public kitchen is free three meals a day unless you belong to a species that needs more. Basic food, housing, and health care are considered rights and so are made available for free. Though if you want something more fancy from one of these restaurants, you need to pay."

-------------------------------------

"That's entirely up to our boss." Morgan responded. "Seeing as we all technically live on him. He's called hivemind and he controls the ship, The Beacon of Hope, as an extension of himself. He's the one you need to ask. He's got a bleeding heart though, so I think he'll agree."
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

That gets a chuckle from Kobor. "I'm no stranger to spartan accommodations or rationing, I'm sure I'll manage. I think I've spent the equivalent of a month in my actual apartment in the last forty years. I've been living out of my ship since..." He pauses, remembering the current state of said ship, his tone turning somber, "...since father gave me it on my third birthday... Huh... guess it didn't really sink in till now..." he's quiet after that, as he takes the offered food and sits down to eat.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana shook her head at the question, "Don't really have a 'home planet'. Bounced between all the planets of my backwater system. Most of THEM had aquatic life, or equivalents. Though I'd have to say the flailing claw creature is my favorite. Heh, it's just so silly. Prreeeety much everything else is horrifying."
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:His work done, and feeling a bit proud of himself for facing a feary enemy and friending him, Jaken crossed back to Rika, his paws behind his back and his tight chest out front a little. "So are we riding the rivers," he asked chirpily, "or going for drops?"
Rika was just finishing her yogurt, swallowing the last spoonful before speaking. "..Uh, I'm not sure. Usually I used to hang around the lazy river and the hot-tubs.. But if you want we could go on the log-flume you saw earlier?" She replied, putting the empty yogurt pot on a nearby table. "I don't mind either way.."
Character Reference
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Let's do the river," Jaken decided. "Might be good to rest. THEN go on the flume!" He stuffed his face with the White Chocolate and binned the wrapper, just about recalling to put it in the bin, not on the floor. That done, he led the way towards the nearest river ride. Almost as though he'd been there before...
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote:That gets a chuckle from Kobor. "I'm no stranger to spartan accommodations or rationing, I'm sure I'll manage. I think I've spent the equivalent of a month in my actual apartment in the last forty years. I've been living out of my ship since..." He pauses, remembering the current state of said ship, his tone turning somber, "...since father gave me it on my third birthday... Huh... guess it didn't really sink in till now..." he's quiet after that, as he takes the offered food and sits down to eat.
One of the droids, it was difficult to tell which one by now, walked over to Kobor and started comforting him. "Hey. We'll get it fixed. Most of it will end up being new parts, but you'll get it back."
-Champion Motto

dusk

Post by dusk »

Jolty looks at you, a serious stare on his face. "A hivemind?" He looks around, suddenly nervous. "No, I, uh, I can't face one of those things again...I think I want to leave." Memories flash in his head of a bioship full of disgusting spider-like creatures who had attempted to kill him. Spiders where big on Jolty's lists of "no thank you's" And that voice. That single, echoing voice amplified as it came from the mouths of many, overpowering his screams for help.

Meanwhile, outside the confines of Jolty's mind, he has fainted, an expression of pure shock and terror on his face. Somebody's jumpy, yeesh.

*Russian Intensifies*
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"You can relax." Morgan said with a sympathetic smile. "He isn't a traditional hivemind, he's just called hivemind."

"He's technically human." Randy chimed in. "He's a technopath. He hooked himself up to a series of megaservers, so his mind is in literally every machine connected to that network. It's mostly androids"
-Champion Motto

dusk

Post by dusk »

Jolty's not talking, rather, making any cognitive noises. He tries to speak, but all he gets out is gibberish. Finally, in a tiny voice he says "That's good. I don't like spiders."

*Russian Intensifies*
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Let's do the river," Jaken decided. "Might be good to rest. THEN go on the flume!" He stuffed his face with the White Chocolate and binned the wrapper, just about recalling to put it in the bin, not on the floor. That done, he led the way towards the nearest river ride. Almost as though he'd been there before...
Rika followed along behind Jaken until they reached the lazy river's line, which was surprisingly short. A young attendant stood by the entrance next to a large amount of donut-shaped tube-floats, of which he would hand out for people to take into the water to float down on.

The two reached the front of the queue quite quickly. Rika motioned with a hand that it was the two of them, and the attendant nodded back with a wry smile. He turned reaching for two tubes, one slightly smaller than the other and held them in the water, gesturing for them to get in. Rika got into the larger tube, holding onto the side so she wasn't pulled along by the slow current. She waited for Jaken to get in his tube, and once he did, Rika grabbed onto the tube Jaken was in then gave a thumbs up. The attendant let go of the tubes and off they drifted down the river..

After a while, Rika let go of Jaken's tube and floated away a little. She was in a comfotable reclined position, a calm smile spread across her face. "Ahh.. I haven't been on a lazy river for years, It's just so relaxing.." She sighed. "It's good to relax sometimes, I honestly don't do it enough.."
Character Reference
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

In his tube, Jaken relaxed somewhat, letting his fingerclaws slice the top of the water as he lay backwards, his underside exposed to the sun in a way he hadn't really allowed for months. It was not good to let your guard senses down when you were being prey or trying to avoid humans with uniforms but he felt he could now and he let his tongue lol slightly from his mouth. "Cannot say I do not agree," he said languidly as he bobbed down the river, getting his tail wet.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Jolty-Kun wrote:Jolty's not talking, rather, making any cognitive noises. He tries to speak, but all he gets out is gibberish. Finally, in a tiny voice he says "That's good. I don't like spiders."
"Hivemind doesn't control spiders." Morgan once again reassured the cat. "Anyway, he's not planet-side right now. He will be here shortly. In the meantime, Randy and I were going to go to the water park now that our job for the day is done. Would you like to go there with us?"

Several people dressed in swimsuits and headed to the water park heard her say that The Lycan was going there. He smelled a wave of varying levels of fear from them as they suddenly turned around and headed the other direction. He was getting pretty fed up with it. "Oh, COME ON! Are you all really that afraid of a big fluffy dog-person?" He snarled. Granted, he was a bit more than a big fluffy dog-person being a seven foot tall wolf-man with poison fangs and spiky, wiry fur, but it still hurt. He didn't even order the food he brought out. As soon as he got up to the register the man behind it was throwing food in hopes The Lycan would take it instead of him.

Morgan looked at him and smiled. "Let them go if they want, Randy. It just means there won't be any lines."
-Champion Motto