HPU: RGV: Radient Gardens Vineyard

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Re: HPU: RGV: Radient Gardens Vineyard

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda gave a small sigh as she stood in front of her house' door. She tightened her grip on Kaylee's paw as she prepared to open the door when it flung open on it's own, a cat shimmering into existence, seemingly from nowhere, a wide smile on her face "MANDY!"

Amanda reeled back slightly, giving a strangle choke of shock before regaining herself and giving a light, almost playful glare towards the new cat, "Alex! Don't do that!"

The new cat was even smaller than Amanda, her body mostly covered in specially made clothes, black vest, showing her fur to be mainly grey with dashes of white, and pants that showed just the tips of her hind paws. Her eyes were blocked by a single pane style of sunglasses, "Aw come on Mandy, it's been so long! Come in so you can introduce me to your girlfriend!"

Amanda face of exasperation covered in frost, though a bit of a smile could be seen, she let out a much different sigh, "It's like I never left." She muttered as she moved into the house. They entered to a lounge with a back wall of book cases, a locked metal crate off in a corner. The door to the right was open to what appeared to be a dining room.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Eira hefted her bag up a little and followed Amanda, taking the time to appreciate the interesting things in the lounge area before they moved on.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Kaylee followed Amanda in and whistled as she looked around the room. "You could fit Andy's house in here, I think," she said before reappraising. "Well, one floor anyhow."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Don't you think it would be something," Jake asked as they headed for a restaurant or Fast food place, "being able to do things like that almost in the open?"
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Deske

Post by Deske »

Rig carefully followed Amanda inside, taking in the new scenery. It felt quite spacious for how many things lined the walls. It gave him a bit of hope that maybe they'd be able to answer his questions.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Maybe, but I guess that's what makes it fiction." Bonnie answered with a shrug, not really paying attention to where they were going, and hoping Jake knew the way to... wherever.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Huh. How did you do that? Are you a ghost too?" Holly asks the new cat.

~~~~~~~~
Sandy surreptitiously takes in as many scents as he can as he walks through the house. He stays quiet though, concentrating on cataloguing as many smells as he can. He's also secretly a little intimidated by the sheer scale of the house and the display of wealth.

~~~~~~~~
Socks follows the group quietly, lost in thought, taking in every physical detail of the new place as well as the emotions coming from the occupants.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well, bestest of best friends," Kaylee corrected automatically, looking a mite embarrassed. "Hi, I'm Kaylee."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jake made a left turn and came face to face with a German restaurant. "Well," he declared, scritching the back of his neck. "no-one can say THIS isn't random. I wonder if they do salads?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

With a shrug, Bonnie enthusiastically commented "Lets find out." before pushing open the door and heading inside, her right paw still around Jake's left. She could smell something amazing inside...

Looking around once they're in, to see if they need to wait for someone or can just pick their own spot.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

An associate in lederhosen ambled over and took the pair to a two seat table near the window and offered them the menus.
((Vegetarian))
((Meaty))
"Well," Jake said with amusement, "this'll about finish my allowance."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"You already payed for the movie. My turn." Bonnie answers at Jake's comment. Briefly looking up from from the menu.

"Any idea what this is?" Bonnie asks, pointing out an entry labeled Veal Rouladen. "the rest of the description is pretty straight forward, but what the heck is roll-lad-dan?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"f it's like the cheese Roulade," Jake guessed, "I'd say it's a rolled meat."
"Yah," the waiter said, buzzing closer, "Rolled veal with pickles, wine and thyme. It is very popular."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Alex leaned forward slightly, "Bestest, huh? Well, at least there's some affection." She gave a friendly salute, complete with a closed smile, "Well, you'll have to forgive the Matriarch, she's still meditating, and that's, uh, a liiittle important for her, but she should be available in a bit, So, who's the rest?"

Amanda gave a small cough, brushing off some of the frost on her cheeks, "Well, these are the friends I've made over the past few days here. There's Rig, Noah, Sandy, Eira, and Holly's the one asking if you're a ghost. A-and my new brother Socks and Kaylee of course." She said with a smile.

Alex chuckled, "Oh-ho-ho no. I'm not a ghost. I can just turn invisible." As she spoke she lifted her arm which proceeded to turn invisible as if an invisible cloth wrapped around it, "And new brother eh? This place seems to be placed on the fast track of developments. But where are my manners? I'm Samantha Bellus. Although you can call me Alex." She took a seat on the metal, locked crate in the corner, "Well, while we wait for the Matriarch how about we all get to know each other? Or, at least I to all of you. Don't worry, I don't bite." Her smile cracked open slightly, the most perceptive of the group perhaps seeing a few teeth that were, maybe, abnormally sharp looking, "So,
any introductions or questions for moi?"
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Hi. I'm Eira. I'm a shapeshifter. I joined the group today after a little accident with a friend's teleportation spell." She fibbed. "Good to meet you." She didn't notice the fangs, her eyesight being fairly poor, but she could smell something a bit off about Alex.
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

Noah spoke up after Eira, having gotten a little more comfortable now that everyone seemed more talkative, "I'm Noah. My little section of powers is aura magic, whatever the technical word for that might be. I've been working with them for a while but I want to hit that next level with 'em, you know what I mean? I used to live in that mansion on the hill until it burned down, now I live with this one," He jabbed a thumb at Rig, "and we just finished getting the place all set up so that it isn't so 12th century."

Next it was Rig's turn to introduce himself since he felt almost compelled to since Noah had mentioned him in his introduction, "Hello. I am Rig. I guess I will to follow his example. I have rune magic. I am not so interested in being better with them because it is come to me very naturally. I came here a few years ago, somehow. Now I am trying to find out more about where I am from. Or who I am. It is good to meet you." He gave her a smile, though he too could smell something off about her, with her fangs not making the "off" feeling any less "off".
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"f it's like the cheese Roulade," Jake guessed, "I'd say it's a rolled meat."
"Yah," the waiter said, buzzing closer, "Rolled veal with pickles, wine and thyme. It is very popular."
"That sounds really tasty." Bonnie said with a grin, "what about you, see anything interesting?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Oh, I think I'll go for the Winter Root Vegetables please," Jake said, offering a polite grin. "I won't ask for raw as I know chefs hate that but..."
"I shall see what I can do, sir," the waiter offered.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"So... Conversation topic... Um..." Bonnie meanders through the half mumbled words, only just now realizing that up until this point she'd mostly just been reacting to what's currently going on, grumbling about her past, or letting Jake take the lead... none of which really fit the current moment.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"My name's Holly. I'm already dead so please try to avoid giving in to your instinctual urge to kill me as a present for your owner because it wouldn't work and would just be awkward for the both of us." the rat deadpans.
"Socks. Empath." Socks says simply.
"He'th a cat of few wordth. I'm Thandy! I make fire!" Sandy woofs. "Why ith your name Alekth? That'th not thsort for Thamantha."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well, if we're identifying what we do, I'm Wind control... Stop smirking, Sandy!" Kaylee wagged her finger at her adopted Brother.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Well," Jake mused, "lets' see... Sports?" He grinned. "Nope. Latest breakthroughs at work? A joke you've been told or a tale of the team?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Alex kept her closed smile though an eye brow was raised, "Interesting mix of people and magic here huh?" She turned towards Noah and Rig, Mac and Tony entering and closing the door behind them, "Burnt down home and amnesia, sucks man. But rune magic is interesting. Depending on the type could be very complicated. Aura magic is interesting." She brought her leg up onto her locked container, clasping her paws together around her knee as she turned her head to the others again, "Then we have shapeshifters, ghosts, an empath and various elementals. I feel kinda at home here! As for my name, Alex is my middle name. Those magical middles, eh?"

A soft voice came from the open door to the right, "Alex? Is Amanda here?"
Alex's ears twitched and she turned to face the door, "Uh, yeah, Matriarch. She's brought a load of friends too! A true gaggle in here."
The voice hummed happily, "Send Amanda in here will you? I wish to have a small conversation with her."
Amanda turned and took a quick breath, "O-okay Matriarch." She reluctantly let go of Kaylee's paw as she moved towards the door, "I'll, uh, put in a good word for you all, okay?" As she passed through the door it closed behind her, a subtle 'click' could be heard after it had shut.

After Amanda left the room there was a moment of silence, Alex's demeanor did not visibly change, but Socks would feel a bit of cautious anticipation, bordering on anxiousness , towards something, "Well... Sorry about the continued delay. Feel free to read any of these books. Not all of them are magic related though. Or maybe you'd like to share interesting facts on Mandy now that she isn't here, or you'd like to hear them yourself?" She gave a mischievous, slightly open smile showing the select few sharp teeth, if only a bit. While the anxiousness was still there, Socks would feel genuine love towards Amanda, and a hope the group in front of her would share this care.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"I've only known her for a few hours." Eira mentioned. "Afraid I don't have any stories to share." She shrugged. She walked over and took a look at the books on the shelf. She pulled one off that looked to be about animals and started reading.
-Champion Motto

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Sandy does his best to look chastened as Kaylee admonishes him.

Unusually, Socks speaks up, mostly because he's picked up on Alex's unease.
"Well, anything I should know about her? Or this household, since I'm to live here?" he asks Alex.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

bonnie pauses for a minute or two, thinking through the jokes she's heard at the station, as the one's she's come up with herself are probably too inside-joke-ish. "hmmm... how bout this one? A man who worked at a fire hydrant factory was always late for work. When confronted by his boss the man explained with a straight face: You can’t find a spot to park anywhere near this goofy place!"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Y'know," Jake chuckled, "I did once hear someoe say that, if you keep trying to climb the ladder at work and fail every time? You might not make it as a fire fighter."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Alex mulled her thoughts over for a moment before answering Socks' question, "Well, she's a bit of a worry wort, over thinks things but is so self conscious she never confronts any of her doubts... To be honest, I'm worried that she might have gotten worse." She said, staring at the door Amanda had walked through, "But really there isn't too much to quote unquote warn you about. Mac's a good guy, and Amanda means well if she actually gets the courage to say something. Just give her time, and maybe a push in the right direction every now and then, eh?. Really after a bit of gettin' used to I think you'll feel right at home cuz. Oh, welcome to the family by the way!"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Thanks. So how many of you live in this place? And what are you worried about?" The word "tactful" has never been applied to Socks.

Suddenly there's an explosive sneeze and a flurry of coughing and Sandy turns away from the fireplace he's been sniffing, face somewhat greyed by the cloud of ash he's sneezed up.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"You OK over there, Socks #2," Kaylee called to her brother with a slightly mocking tone as she waited to hear what Alex had to say.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Eira jumped at the explosion and dropped her book. She began a motion to put the flame out, but remembered she couldn't manipulate water with her limiter in. "Are you alright?"
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Y'know," Jake chuckled, "I did once hear someoe say that, if you keep trying to climb the ladder at work and fail every time? You might not make it as a fire fighter."
That one got a few laughs out of Bonnie, and had her grinning widely as she answered with. "Yeah, actually getting inside can be a bit of a hot issue at times. It gets everyone fired up."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"It must be immense pressure, getting those Fire Extinguishers' filled," Jake replied, enjoying the conversation.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I think you could fit half our house in this room," Kaylee remarked.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Alex gave a look of confusion towards Sandy, "Eh, why ya messing in the soot? Unless you want to set us up a little fire place coziness, please don't make a mess." She then turned back to Socks, "Only Mandy and Mac live here, nobody else currently resides. Aside from you now, of course." She drummed her fingers on the locked, metal container she had made her seat, "As for my worry... I always worry about Manda. I want to make sure everything's good with her, which is why I'm here. Good thing too, with so many magically inclined here and such. Just good to know about. But, you all seem like good eggs." While Socks would feel that worry to be true, he would also feel that there was another reason to her worry, one she was actively putting out of her mind, resigned towards but hoping the best for. She gave an amused look to Kaylee's joke at the size of the house, "If that is true, that is very sad and you have my pity. Unless it's a dog house, in which to fit half of one into this room would imply quite the large dog house."

As Alex spoke Socks could feel Amanda's emotions lull into a calm, with a few spikes of various emotions here and there.
Deske

Post by Deske »

"What do you think they're talking about in there?" Noah asked Alex
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I'm fine. ANd I wathn't mething in the thoot! I wath thniffing the fireplathe and I thneethed." the dog states defensively, shaking himself clean.
"Wanna blow that back into the fireplathe, Kaylee?" he queries, waving away the cloud hanging around him.

Knowing he wasn't told the full story, Socks raises an eyebrow as Alex answers his question but doesn't press her to continue.

"What was that hand gesture thing you just did, Eira?" Holly queries, having noticed the werewolf's reaction.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Let's give it a go," Kaylee said, putting a hand out and allowing the power to build up and flow from her in a stiff wall of wind that swept in the direction of the chimneyplace.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"It's... ah... nothing." Eira responds to the ghost. "I'm aquakinetic, but... I can't do it anymore. I was trying to see if I could put out the fire."
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"It must be immense pressure, getting those Fire Extinguishers' filled," Jake replied, enjoying the conversation.
"well, tankfully I don't get stuck with the really big ones too often. they can take forever." bonnie answered back, a massive grin on her face.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Rig sat back into his chair, "So how long have you lived here?"
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Alex looked to Rig, deciding to answer both his questions as the other dealt with the soot, "Well first off I don't live here. I'm merely the Matriarch's trusted body guard and therefore travelling with her right now. As for what they're talking about, I can think of some topics, but the most likely is the Matriarch checking Amanda's control and helping her with. She's supposed to do daily meditations, though I bet she's skimped out on 'em. Need to have a talk with her myself. Don't want her falling into any kind of pity party nonsense she had going for awhile." She gave a small chuckle, only somewhat meaning the last part, "But, enough about me. What about you guys? Like, what have you all been up to? What are your plans?"

Meanwhile Mac had gone off to the kitchen through the other door and Tony had wandered off somewhere else in the house.
Deske

Post by Deske »

"That makes sense. You are looking like you can take care of things if they turn bad. I would not put blame on her if she skipped some of her meditation. It has been a few interesting days." Rig thought back on the past couple of days, "Well," he started, "I think those of us that are here are trying to learn how to use their powers better. I do not really have any planning for after this though. But I am sure another adventure with be finding us."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"What he said," Kaylee admitted, indicating Rig. "I could use some lessons in control considering I can generate winds to hurricane strength. Problem is, that's when I'm panicking..."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And the next courses arrived at the restaurant.
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie