Survivor: Housepets!

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

CanzetYote

Survivor: Housepets!

Post by CanzetYote »

After discovering the Brantsteele website, I decided to make a season of Survivor for Housepets. I used Survivor Australia as a template for this one, considering there was an actual story arc involving Australia. I split up the main characters into two teams of eight:

Hurricane Tribe: Consists of the Sandwiches, their love interests and the Arbelts:
-Peanut
-Grape
-Tarot
-Maxwell
-Tiger
-Marvin
-Zach
-Sasha (Originally I put her on the Blizzard Tribe but decided to put her on the Hurricane Tribe to balance the gender ratio)

Blizzard Tribe: More based around the Good Ol Dogs Club, Bino's family and King's family and friends:
-Bino
-King
-Fox
-Fido
-Joey (Originally I put him on the Hurricane Tribe but decided to put him on the Blizzard Tribe to balance the gender ratio)
-Bailey
-Duchess
-Sabrina

Just like Survivor, one will be eliminated each episode (The tribe has spoken) until there is one pet left to claim the grand prize. So are you ready? Who do you think will be the first pet voted out? Here we go:

King and Bino in an alliance together? Seems kinda strange. Keep your friends close and enemies closer, I bet.

Thoughts on this so far?
Bandit1990

Re: Survivor: Housepets!

Post by Bandit1990 »

I have a few thoughts on team distribution and alliances, but honestly I've never watched a single episode of Survivor, so I have no idea what kind of thing you need to balance for.

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

if i remember the early seasons, before that genre of tv got stale,(did not take long) they were never balanced. Their formation is all about breaking the status quo, and manipulating your teammates into following your lead.

and for that sole reason i'd say blizzard is doomed right from the get-go because it's got bino and duchess both of whom think they're good at that sort of thing when they're as transparent as a windowpane.

in that situation you tended to get one whole side inadvertently sabotaging itself during challenges because it has two people who both think they're in charge.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
CanzetYote

Post by CanzetYote »

Awwww, poor Tiger. No one wants to align with him. Hopefully, Poom will keep him company.

Sabrina's playing the loner card too. Then again, she IS the only cat on a team of nothing BUT dogs.

Buster wrote:if i remember the early seasons, before that genre of tv got stale,(did not take long) they were never balanced. Their formation is all about breaking the status quo, and manipulating your teammates into following your lead.

and for that sole reason i'd say blizzard is doomed right from the get-go because it's got bino and duchess both of whom think they're good at that sort of thing when they're as transparent as a windowpane.

in that situation you tended to get one whole side inadvertently sabotaging itself during challenges because it has two people who both think they're in charge.
Good call there, considering that Blizzard is now on the chopping block.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Never saw Survivor, so I have little idea how this would work.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Mostly RNG.

Which ironically has better odds of a fair result than an actual reality tv show.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
CanzetYote

Post by CanzetYote »

Time for a tie breaker. Who will be the first to go: Duchess or King?
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

So, had to look up what RNG even was. Okay.

Also, Canzet, is there some method to these, or randomizing everything?
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Duchess should go. =P
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Yeah Duchess :P
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

In a twist, it is discovered that Bino voted for King and Sabrina voted for Duchess. :P
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
CanzetYote

Post by CanzetYote »

D-Rock wrote:So, had to look up what RNG even was. Okay.

Also, Canzet, is there some method to these, or randomizing everything?
I added stats and relationship status to the characters so it won't be completely randomized.

All I can say is good riddance, Duchess! Ding dong the witch is dead! Or eliminated in this case. King survives to complete another day.

Voting info:

Duchess is the first to go! Who will be next?
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

So, this isn't an interactive thing, its more like watching a season?

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
CanzetYote

Post by CanzetYote »

Bandit1990 wrote:So, this isn't an interactive thing, its more like watching a season?
No, it's not an interactive thing. You can't vote out who gets eliminated. The computer decided the elimination order when I plugged in the stats of the characters and relationship stats.

Eliminated so far: Duchess

I shall now dub Marvin and Maxwell's alliance as the "Tomcat Duo"

I'm a little shocked that Joey, Fido and Sabrina aren't building their own alliance.

Hurricane wins blankets. Now they can stay warm from the elements at night Stay tuned to see which tribe wins the invincibility challenge.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Can't help but feel that Fido and Sabrina casting their vote to get rid of King rather out of character. same with Bino voting out Duchess.

Unless we're to believe that maybe the two of them had something good to offer, survival-wise.
CanzetYote

Post by CanzetYote »

D-Rock wrote:Can't help but feel that Fido and Sabrina casting their vote to get rid of King rather out of character. same with Bino voting out Duchess.

Unless we're to believe that maybe the two of them had something good to offer, survival-wise.
Well, I haven't really seen King interact with Fido that much so I set their friendship as "Neutral". I think Fido and Sabrina tried to pick King off because they probably felt that he wasn't a very strong physical asset to the tribe.

Anyway, onward with the second episode:

I'm sure Tiger was a really great asset in this challenge. He probably devoured it all because he was sad that no one would align with him.

Blizzard is on the bottom again. Who will be sent home this time?
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Bino =P
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
CanzetYote

Post by CanzetYote »

It's either Bino or Sabrina being the second pet voted off. Who will be sent packing?
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Bino should go and be with his girlfriend :P
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

So she can berate him for losing?

Out of Curiosity, are we assuming this is happening in the present, or at some other part of the timeline? That would affect the relationships, especially with Fido.

CanzetYote

Post by CanzetYote »

Bandit1990 wrote:So she can berate him for losing?

Out of Curiosity, are we assuming this is happening in the present, or at some other part of the timeline? That would affect the relationships, especially with Fido.
Well, I just based the relationships on how the characters feel towards each other in a general sense at the moment. Part of the reason that Fox and Fido don't share an alliance is the whole Fido keeping his relationship with Sabrina a secret from him.

Onward with the results:

And it looks like Sabrina is the second pet out. Actually, I'm not too surprised as she was the only cat on a team full of dogs and her only real close ally was Fido (She's likely enemies with Bino and has had fights with King, Fox and Bailey in the past and is generally closer to the members of the Hurricane tribe). Also, I don't even know if she's interacted with Joey in the canon before so he probably feels neutral about her and Bino is likely being kept around so another villain doesn't get kicked off so soon.

Voting results:

EDIT: Maybe Sabrina got voted off because she fell sick. Yeah, let's just go with that logic.
CanzetYote

Post by CanzetYote »

All right. Time for the third episode. Here's a little headcount:

Eliminated so far: Duchess, Sabrina

Looks like Tiger and Zach are still playing the loner card.

Same goes for Joey and Fido...

Hurricane wins the Reward challenge and they can now fish! Can Blizzard pull themselves out of the gutter and end their losing streak?
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

and blizzard's early loss continues to snowball into string after string of failure since the other team have more resources and more manpower. no surprise in the slightest. after all it's not like that hasn't already happened repeatedly on that show.
CanzetYote

Post by CanzetYote »

Yep, Hurricane wins immunity AGAIN.

Awwww, how cute! Zach and Tarot are making friends with each other.

Good work, Fido!

Time for the ceremony! Jeez, I kinda feel bad for Blizzard at this point.

Bino or Joey. Who will be the third one voted off?
CanzetYote

Post by CanzetYote »

All right, the third pet to be eliminated is......

Joey, unfortunately. But then again, he was kinda socially awkward, was neutrally allied with most everyone and not that strong physically. Sure, if LARPing was the main thing of the competition, he could easily make the finale but alas, he became a pre-merge elimination. Also, Bino looks like he's shaping up to be an "Elimination Houdini".

CanzetYote

Post by CanzetYote »

On to episode 4:

Eliminated so far: Duchess, Sabrina, Joey

Poor Blizzard. Poor, poor Blizzard.

Zach and Tiger are still loners which may come back to bite them sooner or later.

Looks like Fido isn't in an alliance. He's gonna have to pull his weight (and I'm sure he will) if he wants to stay.
CanzetYote

Post by CanzetYote »

Hurricane wins the reward challenge!

Blizzard FINALLY breaks their losing streak and comes out on top. King and Fox's brains must've come in handy for the immunity challenge!

And Maxwell shows his soft side in hopes of avoiding elimination.

Bino's up to something. There's no way he can be THAT loyal to an alliance.

Who will be the first elimination among the Hurricane tribe? Guess below!
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

Tiger or Zach, Probably Zach.

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

assuming this thing can take into account appetites, and the fact hat the teams always have very limited food, i would guess tiger. if it doesn't have stats for that, no idea.
CanzetYote

Post by CanzetYote »

Bandit1990 wrote:Tiger or Zach, Probably Zach.
Looks like Tiger is safe from elimination. It's between Tarot and Zach this time.
CanzetYote

Post by CanzetYote »

And Zach is the fourth one to go!

Not TOO surprised by this. Zach was a shy, awkward loner with barely enough physical strength to power through challenges. I had a feeling he's be an early boot. Basically, he was the Joey of the Hurricane Tribe.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Got voted out by his own brother, ouch.
CanzetYote

Post by CanzetYote »

SuperStar wrote:Got voted out by his own brother, ouch.
Yeah, but then again, Tiger and Zach never really get along well with each other (except in my fanfics where they open up to each other). I'm betting all the ferals are crying their eyes out of "The Opener's elimination" and boycotting the show as we speak.

Eliminated so far: Duchess, Sabrina, Joey, Zach

On to the fifth episode:

Bino HAS to be up to something!

Blizzard wins the reward challenge but they aren't out of the woods just yet!
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

So they had Fido and Fox, 2 trained police dogs, to act as rescuers, and were the smaller team. I think Blizzard had an advantage here.

CanzetYote

Post by CanzetYote »

Hurricane wins again!

Minor fight, huh?

All righty, whose it gonna be?
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

Bino, definitely Bino.

CanzetYote

Post by CanzetYote »

Bandit1990 wrote:Bino, definitely Bino.
Bino and Fido are at risk. Let's cross our fingers and hope Bino gets eliminated.
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

What!? Someone else voted for Fido. After his (presumably) phenomenal performance in the reward challenge?! I want to see the testimonials, this is studio meddling to amp up the drama!

Why am I getting so into this? I hated this show.

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

from a bit of experimentation on that site, the game will arbitrarily enforce alliance voting even when it would be out of character, and ignores the amount of backstabbing and plans within plans that genre is prone to.
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

So it "IS" meddling, I KNEW it!! :P

(Note: my previous comment was meant to be tongue-in-cheek, mock outrage. I don't know how well I conveyed that.)