HPU: RGV: Radient Gardens Vineyard

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Welsh Halfwit

Re: HPU: RGV: Radient Gardens Vineyard

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Good news there," Kaylee admitted. "About the guard, I mean. If anyone searched these pockets? They might fall in." She smirked like it was a joke.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Neon Icy Wings wrote:She turned to Sandy, wanting to move on from that topic, "Alex won't search you, really the guards are only there just in case, and since this is a simple social outing there should only be one guard. There's only more if there's something real important for them to do."
Eira looked relieved. "That's good. There are some things in my bag that would be... difficult to explain."
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda gave a chuckle to Kaylee's joke, "That or spend forever taking everything in there out, if that's even possible." She glanced to Eira, "Yeah, while I'm sure we could explain it somehow, it's just an easier time all around if we don't have to. And besides, when it comes to magic pretty much anything could be enchanted to be dangerous. All fear the mighty fountain pen of doom."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Eira smiles. "That sounds like one of those jokes that isn't really a joke, like the giant butterfly thing I mentioned earlier. Is there a story to the fountain pen of doom?" She thinks for a second, then reconsiders. "You know what? Nevermind. If there is, I don't think I want to know it."
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

"Wait wait wait!" Noah leaned forward over the table in excitement, "I totally wanna hear the story about the fountain pen of doom.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Ugh... why is the only useful seeming person in range dreaming?! never get anything but gobldygook from those... cant even tell where they are...
Sandy gives a quiet huff as her expression scrunches up in concentration for a moment. soon enough she's scrambling up the windows and onto the sign, then from there hopping to an adjacent building's drainpipe, climbing further up and then hopping back... only to miss the mark and flop loudly against a window. Not quite having enough momentum to break anything, except maybe her pride.

"Ow..." she groans as she slides on and plops down to the ground.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda have a light shrug, "Well, my family was looking into random magical, recently enchanted artifacts being sold to normal people. At first they thought someone had a nefarious plan to do with the items. As nobody JUST enchants random items, tea pots, children's books the like for no reason. But eventually they tracked down a guy who DID have plans for the items, but was so incompetent they either had entirely different functions than intended or had the right function but just did it in a different way than intended. Long story short some guards corner him on top of the apartment building he was hiding out on. He pointed the fountain pen at the guards, and the roof disintegrated in a two foot radius underneath him. Saved the guards the trouble of finding a legal way of dealing with him, property damage you know. They are still trying to get that fountain pen though. Make sure normal people don't disintegrate something, especially as there's no way to tell which way it's pointing. Most of the other items were obtained, like the glowing tea pot that only glows if the room is bright enough."

As Amanda's story came to an end there was a knock from the front door.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"A Radioactivi-Tea set," Kaylee questioned before the door knock. "I'll ge... where'd Sandy go?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Eira listened silently. The thought of a pen out there that could disintegrate someone with no warning worried her greatly. The idea that a person might find it and get someone killed in such a brutal and sudden way disturbed her. Such things were absolutely forbidden in her own universe as they cause unnecessary damage and have almost no chance of survival. She was still thinking about it when she was snapped out of it by the knock on the door. "Is that our ride?"
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

"I hope, it has been a big delay since we were going to go to Amanda's home and I am excited to meet this person."

"That pen of soon sounds a little dangerous. Fun, if you could get it to focus on a target area, but still dangerous." Noah immediately shifted trains of thought to their meeting with the Matriarch, "Maybe we can finally get some answers to these questions that've been floating around."
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda stretched lightly, standing up to check the door with Kaylee, "That should be Tony, unless it's a door to door lawn mower person in winter. Oh, and Sandy left to catch a nap and look for a fox that appeared at Rig's little get together yesterday. Don't worried, I told her... them that if anybody else gets hurt from this situation, including them, I'd involve my family in some capacity. Though to be honest, I'd rather not if we can avoid. You never know if you'll get a heavy handed guard or not."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Shortly after the knock, several excited barks echo from vicinity of the front door.
"Tch. Dogs. I guess that answers your question, Kaylee." Holly grins with an eye roll.

Once he finishes barking, Sandy opens the door.
"Hi! Who are you?" he asks the figure on the doorstep.

Socks, meanwhile, has let his guard slip slightly and chuckled slightly at Kaylee's joke about the tea set.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Kaylee nodded. "Yeah," she agreed, "armed guards do lower the local property values." She put a smile around, catching sight of Socks' smile before she got up. "Shall we join my new brother at the door?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Eira got up and grabbed her back pack. It was big even for her human form, like those backpacks hikers might take with them. Normally her wolf form was the same size as her human form, but here it seemed to be smaller. As a result, the backpack was almost as tall as she was. She tightened the straps and picked it up with surprising ease. Seems she still had her full strength despite being smaller here.
-Champion Motto

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda nodded, smiling at Kaylee's jests, "Well, it's mainly magic they use, makes it easier to appease police of something actually goes down."

After Sandy opened the door the figure of a average height man with spiked blond hair and loose and messy looking suit wear, and shades to top it all off stood in front of him, "Ay, you wouldn't happen to be in fresh stock of ice cold cat wouldja goldy? Specifically in need of a ride to the most magical place on earth? That's a somewhat lie. That would be the estate of which this will not be, as that is one ride too long my canine man, and besides Mac's outside." He finished his quickly uttered words leaning forward slightly, jamming a thumb in Mac's waving direction, still sitting in his own car.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I suppose we should." Holly affirms.

At the front door, Sandy looks confused by the man's quick speech.
"Er... What?" he asks with an adorable head tilt.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"He said he's here to pick up Amanda and you're in the other car, Sandy," Kaylee translated as she arrived at the door. The wind whirled down the street past them as Kaylee looked up at the newcomer. She offered a handpaw casually. "I'm Kaylee, this is Sandy. Holly," she added, nodding to the Rat. "and you should probably meet Socks too." She nipped back to get the Tuxedo Cat, offering him her hand.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Rig scooted his chair back and headed over to the front door to meet who he presumed was part of Amanda's family. He stood behind Kaylee and gave Tony a wave, "I am Rig. It is good to meet you," he said after Kaylee was done introducing her group.

Noah followed up behind, rather excited by the prospect of finally going to see the Matriarch, but he stayed silent mostly due to his nerves over what he might find out.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Eira walked over to Tony and offered her hand to shake. "I'm Eira. I just joined the group recently."
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

there's a note of annoyance in Bonnie's voice as she comments no one in particular, "You would think for a master this guy would be smart enough to clue in to the fact that restraint is the only reason Stephen turned back from the path Kaecilius went down, and stop berating him for having it every chance he gets, but noooooo..."
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Some never get that good's not the power but the choices you make with it," Jake agreed, looking up at the screen from his position just under Bonnie's head. (His ears on either side of her face.) He put his handpaws atop hers reassuringly.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tony straightened up as everyone came to the door, a slightly perplexed look on his face, "Well aint this a mystifying menagerie... Tony shook the offered paw as Amanda pushed herself to the front, "Heya Tony!"

Tony flung his arms out wide, his lopsided smile overtaking his face oncemore, Ay, if it ain't my fifth favorite cat in the world!" Amanda mimicked the pose but they didn't embrace, instead letting their arms fall to their sides. Tony leaned against the door frame as he spoke to the group, "So, yea, the van seats seven and mac-o's seats four, five if ya cram the back seat. Divide all of ya'll however ya want and we'll be getting on our way to Mac's place, just a stone's throw outside town propah. Ya know, extra privacy for the fantastical felines." Tony's overall demeanor was relaxed, but Socks would feel a twinge of measured caution from the man, not paranoia or fear, but more the sensation of having an eye out, making sure everything was safe, just in case.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Rig counted in his head for a second, "There are only 7 of us. We should all be able to fit in the van, right?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well I'll be with Amanda and," she added with emphasis for Socks, "her new brother who you should probably meet."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Don't forget to count the driver and yourself, Rig." Holly points out. "I count eight animals, two humans and one ghost. And I'm riding with Sandy."

~~~~~~~~
Socks allows himself to be dragged forward but says little beyond a quick "Hi." as he regards the new human with the same measured caution he can feel being used by the human.

~~~~~~~~
"Ath long ath I get a window theat I'm happy!" Sandy grins after a surreptitious sniff in Tony's direction.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Deske

Post by Deske »

Rig nodded, going over his counts again, "Oh, I forget to count the drivers.
Which way, we will still have enough seats.
He smiled.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Eira cringed at being referred to as an animal, but said nothing. "I'd like one of the middle seats in the van. Mostly because it might get cramped if I go in the back."
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"So what do you want to do after, sweet" Jake asked Bonnie in a quiet few seconds.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Um... I hadn't thought that far ahead." Bonnie Admitted after a pause, shrugging. "I'm still not used to the whole 'free time' thing..."
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

Buster wrote:Ugh... why is the only useful seeming person in range dreaming?! never get anything but gobldygook from those... cant even tell where they are...
Sandy gives a quiet huff as her expression scrunches up in concentration for a moment. soon enough she's scrambling up the windows and onto the sign, then from there hopping to an adjacent building's drainpipe, climbing further up and then hopping back... only to miss the mark and flop loudly against a window. Not quite having enough momentum to break anything, except maybe her pride.

"Ow..." she groans as she slides on and plops down to the ground.
Nithing else really ovcured nothing seemed to change the fact there sat a bittle outside waiting to be drank. Sandys efforts showing no hints of change
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tony nodded, giving an equally quick wave towards Socks, though hearing the words' new brother' piqued his interest. He stretched lightly as he appreciated how swift everything was sorted out, and began to move towards the sleek black van, opening the doors with a click of the remote, "Alright, alright, alright. Pile into your preferred seats, and if it feels a bit too crowded feel free to pile into Mac's little dingy." He thought for a moment before adding, "Though, I'd rec that big man gets shot gun," He said pointing to Rig, "Mando and friendos take back then Eira and stragglers can fight over the middle seats, two thirds chance for Goldy to get his window seat. So hear ye, hear ye, save all questions til everyone's seats are in the proper upright, uncomfortable postions or the rancho, either at your convenience."

Amanda ignored his flare and asked him a question anyway, "Hey, Tony! Will Alex be there?" Her smile still in place.

Tony gave a small shrug, "Sorry, Mandy, but my lips are sealed." As Amanda began to comically pout he leaned in, "Or rather, a cat's got my tongue." He gave her a wink, barely able to be seen but the movement of his eyebrows. Amanda giggled, excited even more so that it was confirmed, though she had the presence of mind to wait for Kaylee to have choice of seat, as she was equally excited to have her best friend meet her best cousin.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Eira was thinking about how crowded that van was going to be, and how much she didn't like to be surrounded in a small space by people she has only known for a short time. "I think to save space I'll ride front seat in the other car."
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Kaylee made sure the house was secure and climbed up into the middle of the seating area. She pushed herself over to the far side of the van and strapped herself down before looking to see if it was Socks or Amanda next.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Rig made his way over to the van and, although it took him a second to psych himself up for yet another ride in one of these metal death traps, he hopped up in the front seat and buckled himself in, much to his obvious discomfort. He forced himself to release his death grip on the arm rests, but even still he could feel that familiar sense of panic creep up on him ever so slowly.

Noah gave him a thumbs up in a rather bad attempt at trying to ease the wolf's nerves before he climbed into the back of the van to give Sandy a chance at the window seat.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Surprisingly, it is Socks who enters next, sliding into the middle seat. He lets his paw brush Kaylee's hip slightly as he clicks on his seatbelt. He glances at her briefly before beginning a thorough inspection of his paws.

~~~~~~~~
Sandy follows Eira and takes the back seat in Mac's car, Holly riding in his bag.

"Yensid, Retlaw, where are you guys gonna ride?" she queries.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Kaylee smiled at the affectionate, 'accidental' touch and maybe he caught a glimpse of her smile before she put her arm down,rather close to his knee.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda's ears flicked, feeling mild disappointment that she wasn't he one in the middle seat next to Kaylee, but quickly shrugged it off as she took her own seat beside Socks and buckled in, turning instead to the possibility of Alex being their to take her attention, missing the little exchange between the two cats beside her.

Tony whistled the tune of Kolchak as he closed the doors, seeing Sandy going with Eira instead. Finishing the checks he got into the driver seat, doing one final check before starting the car.

Mac was a little perplexed as to why Eira and Sandy entered his car, there still being room in the van, but he didn't question it as he too started he vehicle.

Tony began to pull out of the driveway and spoke, "On route to destination Rancho Relaxation, please keep all paws and tails inside the vehicle at all times."

Amanda turned to Kaylee, and Socks, a bright smile on her face, "Oh, I can't wait for Alex to meet you guys! I wonder how many stories she's got since she joined the guard?" Her voice turned icy, "So long as Tony wasn't pulling my tail." While it would be hard to discern if it was meant to be comical or not by voice alone, she felt no negative feelings towards their driver.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Oh, I doubt he'd dare make it up, 'Manda," Kaylee said pleasantly, using her smallest finger to covertly scritch the side of Socks' knee.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

The moment the van started moving his hands swiftly moved to white knuckle whatever was within reach. He stared ahead at the moving road, concentrating mostly on fighting back the steadily growing feeling of panic. A battle he was quickly losing. "Komdu mér héðan út,*" He mumbled to himself between shaky breaths.

Noah leaned forward a little, "Hey Amanda,
is all your family from New York or from around there."

*"Get me out of here..."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Eira put her bag in the trunk of the car and climbed into the front seat. "You must be Mac. I'm Eira. Nice to meet you." she said while Mac started the car.
-Champion Motto