OOC: Radients Vineyard.

For all those times you're not in character, try new "Out of Character"

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

CyberDragon

Re: OOC: Radients Vineyard.

Post by CyberDragon »

Think star fox with slightly digitigrade legs for the level of anthropomorphism. Or better yet, think Khajiit/Argonian level of anthropomorphism if you got the digitigrade leg mod in skyrim :)

as for how she reacts to wolves and vice verse, she is not a wolf, and so wolves treat her like they would any large animal or human. She thinks they look cute, but will intimidate them if they get too aggressive with her. The superhero universe I pulled her from is not a furry universe, at least not normally. Some alien species look the part and humans have created some anthropomorphic animals for one purpose or another, and many of these sued for their freedom and established towns and small nations. As for how she would treat HPU wolves, she would probably treat them like she treats any sentient being in her own world.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

the latter is perception, which is subjective, and therefore any argument would inevitably turn circular. so there's no point in saying anything.

as for the former, you commented about the goal issue, i explained why four keeps trying to beat him over the head with the "she's me" thing, and every reply since has drifted further into things irrelevant to the decision process behind her actions. i'm getting tired of repeating myself.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Deske

Post by Deske »

CyberDragon wrote:Think star fox with slightly digitigrade legs for the level of anthropomorphism. Or better yet, think Khajiit/Argonian level of anthropomorphism if you got the digitigrade leg mod in skyrim :)

as for how she reacts to wolves and vice verse, she is not a wolf, and so wolves treat her like they would any large animal or human. She thinks they look cute, but will intimidate them if they get too aggressive with her. The superhero universe I pulled her from is not a furry universe, at least not normally. Some alien species look the part and humans have created some anthropomorphic animals for one purpose or another, and many of these sued for their freedom and established towns and small nations. As for how she would treat HPU wolves, she would probably treat them like she treats any sentient being in her own world.
Yo that's super weird, but I'm kinda digging it. Good luck getting your character approved. Try messaging Hotep if you're ready.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Don't really know what about it is weird. That's just kind of how it seemed like they would have evolved in my super hero universe. They would need to already be close enough to humans in shape and size so that their shape shifting would be minimal in energy cost while still being convincing, and since they evolved as hunters, I figured they would need the agility that the physical structure of digitigrade legs would allow.

Or were you talking about all the crazy stuff in the second paragraph? If so, then I have to say all of that is normal compared to some of the stuff in the Marvel and DC universes. :lol:
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

Her anatomy doesn't exist in this universe until she pops in. I just think that's a weird thought. Digitigrade legs don't exist because nothing requires them. Please understand, I'm not bashing your character. It's just an idea I've never thought about. Unless you include birds, I guess.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Buster wrote:the latter is perception, which is subjective, and therefore any argument would inevitably turn circular. so there's no point in saying anything.

as for the former, you commented about the goal issue, i explained why four keeps trying to beat him over the head with the "she's me" thing, and every reply since has drifted further into things irrelevant to the decision process behind her actions. i'm getting tired of repeating myself.
Fair enough, you do make some good points. Let's just agree that both of our characters are kinda thick at times and just sit back and let events unfold naturally.
Also, if anything could distract Noah from trying to drain 04 into unconsciousness, it'd probably be a wolf lady with weird backwards legs popping in from out of nowhere. Plus once he finds she's from an alternate universe, and that multidimensional travel is common there....... He'll have to be physically dragged away from her in order for him to stop asking her so many questions.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Deske wrote:Her anatomy doesn't exist in this universe until she pops in. I just think that's a weird thought. Digitigrade legs don't exist because nothing requires them. Please understand, I'm not bashing your character. It's just an idea I've never thought about. Unless you include birds, I guess.
A couple of responses entered my mind and I couldn't decide between them. So, here they are:

Well shoot, now I feel self-conscious about it.

You mean you weren't referring to the insane stuff in paragraph 2? :lol:

I actually think that style of leg doesn't exist in HPU because it's a pain to draw honestly.
-Champion Motto

Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

hey everyone sorry for not really posting but im loving the activity in the chat!

to kind of put out ive only had time to post in one or two servers but im glad to see Deske taking over with everyone else.

@CyberDragon after reviewing your character i will allow the lycathrope however aquakinesis is a no. lycans hold ALOT of power so to limit it

1. no super speed, no super strength
2. healing factor is already there but is slow
3. can be strong but not ridiculous (a cars weight at full effort)
4. if you switch forms its from human to wolf same size as most anthro characters in housepets.
5. the changes can be controlled but tie in to your emotions as well leaving sometimes the tail and ears to show, if someone were to suprise you you will instantly become wolf and so on.

thank you everyone for keeping Radient Gardens alive!!!
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Her lycanthropy is already limited. It's pretty much just a glorified disguise. She's only as physically strong as an adult human athlete. Taking her aquakinesis away means I would not only take away her only practical power (as well as her ice arm) but it means I would have to overhaul her entire backstory, character, and essentially be put back at square one.
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

Nobody said anything about taking her aquakinesis away though. And the only reason for those rules is to keep someone from becoming "Actually Superman."
Last edited by Deske on Tue May 23, 2017 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Deske wrote:Nobody said anything about taking her aquakinesis away though...
Hotep - the GM - did.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Deske

Post by Deske »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Deske wrote:Nobody said anything about taking her aquakinesis away though...
Hotep - the GM - did.
My bad, I missed those 4 words. I was looking at the list.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

I think there is something I didn't really make clear. Her wolf form is the default, but it's not much different from her human form aside from having a better sense of smell and hearing. The purpose of the transformation ability isn't to grant strength or durability like a lycan in other universes, it's more like a change of costume. It lets her hide her nature from humans so she can live peacefully among them. Her wolf form is basically just a regular, unusually tall wolf.
-Champion Motto

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Legotron123 wrote:
Buster wrote:the latter is perception, which is subjective, and therefore any argument would inevitably turn circular. so there's no point in saying anything.

Fair enough, you do make some good points. Let's just agree that both of our characters are kinda thick at times and just sit back and let events unfold naturally.
Also, if anything could distract Noah from trying to drain 04 into unconsciousness, it'd probably be a wolf lady with weird backwards legs popping in from out of nowhere. Plus once he finds she's from an alternate universe, and that multidimensional travel is common there....... He'll have to be physically dragged away from her in order for him to stop asking her so many questions.
The post still doesn't make sense though. Is Noah grabbing and attacking Sandy's actual physical body? If not there's nothing for him to grab and drain. He'd literally be grabbing air without even seeing anything there and that would get him weird looks.

Sorry, but none of us can continue to post in the RP until this is made clear or until the attack is edited out, whichever you prefer.

The image of 04 that Socks is talking to is a hallucination that only Socks can see.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Me and Deske thought he was attacking Sandy/04's physical body, since she was standing right in front of him before all this started, and (as far as I can tell) hasn't moved more than a step since then. And I'm pretty sure his Aura vision should override 04's illusions/hallucinations, since it's a lot like the Wizard's Sight from The Dresden Files in that it shows things as they really are. But that could go either way, and besides, I'm pretty sure Noah would notice if he tried attacking air.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Okay. Thanks for the clarification.
I think the "In a flash he was within arms reach of her" confused us since if she was right in front of him she'd already have been there.
But cool. We can respond now that we know he's attacking her physical body.
Thanks. ^^

EDIT: Yeah, Socks really doesn't have much of a filter. Especially when he gets angry. :P
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

the 'in a flash' bit made no sense to me at first either, because why would you need to point out being in reach of somone you were already in reach of.

Also made for a hilarious mental image of Noah & 04 effectively reinacting that 'tackle the illusion' fakeout loki always pulls on thor in the movies.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Buster wrote: Also made for a hilarious mental image of Noah & 04 effectively reinacting that 'tackle the illusion' fakeout loki always pulls on thor in the movies.
Noted for future use.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

I was reading and I got to rigs rant about how he was treated, and I realized that he would actually get along with Rig. At least, better than normal, because she has been through a lot of horrible treatment due to her lycanthropic nature, including a bullying incident that cost her right arm.
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

Reading, as in from the beginning?

I was going to wait for the approval from Lego, but I've got a 50/50 stake in Noah so I'm going to post away.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Nah, just the last ten pages. I normally only need to know the most recent stuff to be able to have a general understanding of what's going on.
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

Makes sense.

Don't know if that's too dark and broody/angsty for Noah.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Darn, I forgot yet another detail about Eira! This is what happens when you try to describe a character you have been developing for two years. :lol:

anyway, because her human form is not only a disguise, but it also takes concentration, she doesn't have her ice arm in human form. Instead, she wears a convincing mechanical prosthetic like what is in the link below. The prosthetic, like what is discussed in the article, only has the strength to curl about 40-45 pounds and thus does not qualify as a special power.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/21/tech ... .html?_r=0
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

Tape a knife to it and it might.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Not sure I follow.
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

The wrist has 360 degrees of rotation. Grasp/Tape knife to hand. Continuously rotate wrist. Hand of death. Superpower.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Huh. Honestly I didn't read that far. :?

so imagine a mechanical arm with the same strength, but no more rotation than a human hand.
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

That's no more of a superpower than sharpening a yo-yo.
Deske

Post by Deske »

You could be like Captain America except with yo-yos
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Regardless, the intent of the prosthetic is to hide her missing arm, which is something which brings up a lot of painful memories to think about. Thus her mechanical prosthetic is still only designed to look and act like a human hand, not to be a bionic super arm.
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

More like bucky than cap. And... Well, we've already got an asguardian someone with emotion based superstrength and someone who may be less than an hour away from deciding to prove a certain movie is wrong about how time magic would work. ( there may be some breaking of causality involved) so why not?

Tomorrow may or may not be groundhog day. Or next week, or who knows when.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

In-Universe? I thought that it was still early December.

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Ooooooooooooh. Wait, what's happening that could cause a loop like that?

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Buster wrote:someone who may be less than an hour away from deciding to prove a certain movie is wrong about how time magic would work. ( there may be some breaking of causality involved)
That said, I haven't worked out the 'how' yet, which is why when the event will happen is still up in the air.
but short version, Bon is gonna start it, once i can find a way that doesn't break the power balance of the cast, only to find out it's self sustaining and she can't actually control it... or turn it off...

Also it's entirely possible hotep might step in and put the plan on ice.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

If you guys have someone who can literally mess with time itself, why is my character such a problem? She isn't even near that powerful.
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

that's what i meant by "find a way to do it without breaking the character balance".

Right now, she's kinda the equivalent of a Lvl 8 Transmutationist Wizzard under 3.5e rules. With some finagling to get rid of the stupid memorization system and rebalanced it to HPU norms. which is why i've been basing her abilities on 4th level spells...

Time stop and time reversal are 9th...
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Right now? Eira's been nerfed so much she barely qualifies for super status. She'd definitely loose her position in her super hero group if her superiors could see her now.

Her beast form doesn't have any added strength to her human form. The only issue with it in fact is that she is as tall as a human, but that's not exactly something that messes with balance since she still only has human level or canine level stats. Her aquakinesis has been nerfed so much she'd barely get a chance to use it since she needs to focus either on her disguise or her ice arm and can't manipulate more than two liters of water when either of those is active. Her "Bloodbending" is also weak, only being available in an emergency and only being strong enough to stop an open wound from bleeding. If she tries to exceed her capacity, she temporarily looses her human form, her ice arm, and her aquakinesis until she can rest and refocus. The ice arm is the worst thing to loose because if she looses it and cannot immediately get to her prosthetic, she only has one arm. Yes, that's a wide variety, but the magic users have an even wider variety by default. If she isn't balanced, it's because she has more limitations than powers by now.
-Champion Motto

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

I have a bit of a recommendation for the time loop stuff, depending on how dark you want to go with it. There's this superhero web serial called Worm, which is known for being a rather dark and depressing take on the superhero genre. In the story, there used to be this rather sadistic super villain called Grey Boy, who could trap his victims in an endless time loop of a few seconds, with the only things progressing being their thoughts. The only person who could in anyway alter the loop was Grey Boy himself, and he would use that ability to apply cuts and burns to his victims, and make them relive that pain for all eternity.
So, yeah. Just thought you might something really dark for inspiration.

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

...I was thinking more along the lines of silly shenanigans, lego. stuff the pets couldn't get away with normally, something to lighten the mood.
CyberDragon wrote:Right now? Eira's been nerfed so much she barely qualifies for super status. She'd definitely loose her position in her super hero group if her superiors could see her now.
which is a bad thing how? none of this lot are superheroes, half of them aren't even in full control of their abilities.
CyberDragon wrote:Yes, that's a wide variety, but the magic users have an even wider variety by default.
Not as much as you'd think, Other than Rig, Noah and Bonnie, the cast pretty much do one thing very well and that's it.

And while i can't speak to Rig or Noah's inner workings, one of the changes made to Bonnie's casting mechanic was going from dropping 1-2 other schools of spells in specializing, to dropping almost all of them. literally all she can do is change the properties of things that already exist, typically one trait per charge. The only non transmutation spell she has is a scrying spell that serves the sole purpose of compensating for her being mostly deaf.

Besides which, the setting's implied Masquerade would mean Eira would be in human form wearing the prosthetic 99% of the time anyway, so is the ice arm really that big a deal?