Housepets! Animated! Central Development Thread

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Re: Housepets! Animated! Central Development Thread

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Understandable, thank you for the update :)
ImageImageImageImage
Naro Rivers

Post by Naro Rivers »

Hlaoroo wrote:Sorry, I got tied up with exams and end of semester stuff.

I'm free now though so I'll have those lyrics by the end of the week! Scouts honour! *does the Scout salute even though he's not a Scout*
As an actual Eagle Scout, I find this...Actually Pretty Funny.
It's difficult to wear gloves with webbed fingers...

When talking about a character, I often speak in D&D terms.

I'm participating in a forum game! You can find it here:
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Alright, Kitsune's given me the go for proceeding with the project until he returns, so I'm going to start with the teaser:
I suppose I might as well do the writing for the teaser as I'm able to perfectly match up and edit the original silent animation. Once done I'll link it here and make sure I have the go to to begin. After that I'll do a few versions of the narration and once again link them here, I don't really think we have a way to cast while Kitsune is gone and I don't think it's important of a one time role to warrant a whole voting period. I wan't to get this done so people can actually know what to expect and confirm that this project will certainly be happening.

As mentioned earlier, Hlaoroo is finishing up the intro song. There's not much we can do about the rest of the song until Kitsune returns as he's in charge of casting AND he's doing most the instrumental (I technically can make it, but I'd prefer that he do it since he's way better at composing music). Plus, without the actual instrumental it's kinda hard to determine how it should be sung, so we really should wait till he's back.

On that note, it's very likely that the first episode will not have a intro for this reason. I may instead do some establishing shots of Babylon before getting to the actual episode as apposed to just jumping right into it. Either that or make an edit of the last few seconds of the teaser and make that a sort of place holder intro (when they put up the FANIM-ATED signs). I know I'll probably do a little title card art thing showing the name of the episode and an illustration like some cartoons do, so that might pad it out a bit too.

And of course, episode 2 is still being written to my knowledge (correct me if I'm wrong)

I believe that's all the business we have to address for now, feel free to share your ideas, and help with anything you can. I wanna keep this project a-floatin so it doesn't die out or get forgotten.
:D
ImageImageImageImage
snappyfox

Post by snappyfox »

its good to hear that things are slowly being worked out
Foxes unite!!!!!!
Honorable Intentions

Post by Honorable Intentions »

Ah okay. Thanks for the update CHAOKO.

Also, the script for episode 2 has been finished. I forget how long its been done, but you can find it in the script archive. Or I can always PM you a link, if you prefer.
At the end of the day I often think about what I have done for the world. What I have changed, perhaps made better or worse. I then sit at a computer for hours and look at pictures of cats.

RP Character:
Lucky Abbot: S-9 P-6 E-7 C-6 I-7 A-4 L-3
Naro Rivers

Post by Naro Rivers »

I guess I should get started on recording Bino's lines, then.

Fireball

Post by Fireball »

Hello! i had been very intrested on participating and help on Housepets! Fanimated.

I wanna give it a try to dub some characters for the series. But i'm still waiting for my computer to get repaired before i get started. Where can i start to help on the series?
- Fireball the fox
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

The characters for the first episode have already been casted. Stick around for episode 2 and there'll be new roles open, for characters Joey and Rex. If there's a certain character you wanna voice, or at least try out for, just stick with the project until development on that arc/episode starts. So anyone who wants to voice King is gonna have to wait awhile, :P
Naro Rivers

Post by Naro Rivers »

If you're looking to act, you can find the casting page here.

Fireball

Post by Fireball »

Allright! thanks! :)
- Fireball the fox
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Hey guys! Sorry I took so long! I wasn't expecting to go on vacation and do the EXACT OPPOSITE of what I was trying to do :oops: . But, I got the mini script for the teaser done. I added a few extra possibilities for little end statements cause I let myself have a little too much fun with the writing. I label which ones we should or shouldn't use by color, there's only one that's labeled red, and I apologize in advanced for that joke :lol: I just remembered someone talking about how they found this comic in the forums and they mentioned that, and I found it too funny not to write down.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nWE ... sp=sharing
ImageImageImageImage
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

I like it! I'll get to recording it as soon as I can.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Really like the idea so far. I wonder if we should call them "fluffy children" though and not just "Pets that can think. Like children" :3

Another idea for an ending I think that would be neat: "For maximum efficiency, setup a couch as you watch. Your pets will thank us for it later."
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

D-Rock wrote:I like it! I'll get to recording it as soon as I can.
Oh we're still doing the voting thing? I was just gonna record it quickly to save time cause it's a minor one time roll but I'm down for that! :D How will we vote though, straw poll?

EDIT: Also I really like that one Cobra :lol: We'll need to record all the ones we think will work and see which one fits best.
ImageImageImageImage
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Oh, well, I was just going to record and email it to you, as there's not much point of a narrator, as I've mentioned previously. Few strips make use of it, but I recall mentioning that whoever gets the voice of the TV could also narrate. Or this bit of narration for the teaser could remain a one-time deal. Up to you guys.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Well, I feel like the TV would require people to make different voices each time for different scenarios. While I'd also like to audition for the TV role, I feel like it needs more than just one example to make sure they can make all the voices required for the TV strips. I don't think this narration is in the same tone as most of the TV narrations, but I guess that varies between who's doing it and what voice they choose to use for it.
And if multiple people want to do the narration, we kinda have to vote for it now. It's only fair.
ImageImageImageImage
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO AUDITION FOR THE TEASER NARRATOR AND THE TV NARRATOR:

There is a new Casting Call page for minor and one time rolls, also known as the page for when we need to cast people and Kitsune is gone! As of right now, the teaser trailer narrator and the TV's voice (the one in all the TV one-offs) are now available to audition for! The Teaser Narrator is needed as soon as possible so be sure to submitted the second you get the chance to. I'd say you have about a week or two to get it done, as I want to release the teaser within this month.

Submit your auditions HERE: https://www.castingcall.club/projects/h ... side-roles

More minor roles will become available when they are needed. The only reason I added the TV role now was because I needed to submit at least two roles and many people have shown interest in said role.
ImageImageImageImage
snappyfox

Post by snappyfox »

all I wanna do is be one of the kangaroos cause aussie ^^
Foxes unite!!!!!!
DrGuthrie

Post by DrGuthrie »

Hey I know that we usually talk about development and stuff here, but I thought it might be a good idea to create a separate chat type thing. Like we could make a discord server for the project, that way we can have a easier way to talk to each other, voicechat, and a way to keep super secret project stuff private all in one. It would be incredibly convenient and would probably help us get to know each other more so we can be a more connected group.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Some of us talk among one another through skype. Me and Naro do this because we're both on the art and animation team. Others communicate via PM's on occasion. However, you have a good point. A discord could be very helpful for having all the people confirmed to be helping with the project talk in one place and not speak on the public forums. It'd also be good for showing our progress to one another without having to show it to the public or just one individual.

I'll create one today and get it all organized. For those who are confirmed to be working on the series, I'll send you an invitation to the discord when its ready. I don't think we should allow just supporters in though, unless everyone else thinks that's okay. We'll still be posting here as things develop and are ready to be announced :)

EDIT: Actually, I think I can at least allow supporters in, just not give them access to certain chat rooms. That way if people want to live chat about the show, they still have a place to do it, and we have a way of monitoring it. :D
ImageImageImageImage
DrGuthrie

Post by DrGuthrie »

Happy to help! I would love to join the discord too as a supporter (and hopefully a future voice actor ;) )
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

The Discord is now available to join! Once you join, depending on who you are, you will be given a role based on what you work on in the show. Supporters or future fans of course, will not have a role, and will only be able to access the public chatrooms.

Discord (for those who don't have it or never used it):
https://discordapp.com
The Housepets! Fanimated! Discord Channel: https://discord.gg/6khqGZs [/size]

These are the roles in the discord:
Admin (orange) - The server owner, that being me.

Director (yellow) - Kitsune, and I guess any other director we may get? (don't really see that happening)

Writing Team (green) - Those assigned to writing the show's episodes.

Animation Team (blue) - Those assigned to the art and animation of the show.

Voice Actor (gold) - Those who are cast as a voice actor for a character. Probably won't apply for the minor/one time roles.

Moderator (red) - Those entrusted to manage the public channels. They'll most likely be the mods of THIS forum, but some people may become Mods there should the team decide on it.

VIP (pink) - A special title that grants access to the public AND developer rooms. Will only be given out if I or another member feel it necessary for someone to be brought into one of those rooms, but they aren't apart of the team. Or, they're literally important people, like Rick Griffin or Karishad.
ImageImageImageImage
snappyfox

Post by snappyfox »

interesting very interesting
Foxes unite!!!!!!
DrGuthrie

Post by DrGuthrie »

I started to stream progress on what I'm working on for the project. You can check it out here: https://picarto.tv/Guthrie

WARNING: A lot of times my friends will be on air with me and they can be pretty lewd and unfiltered, so if you don't want to listen to that you can put the stream on mute or something.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

ATTENTION! Casting for the narrator will come to the end by the end of today. If no one else has an audition for the role of the teaser narrator, we will begin voting for who it should be.
ImageImageImageImage
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Yeah, I wasn't able to re-record lines at home all this time. I didn't get any time alone at home for a while. Good luck to anyone else, though.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

IT'S TIME TO VOTE!
Who do you want to voice the narrator for the teaser trailer?

Where to vote: http://goo.gl/8g5ibD

Results: http://goo.gl/kx1GU5

Auditions: https://www.castingcall.club/projects/h ... side-roles

You should be able to vote twice. Once you've made your first result and are taken back to the results screen, head back here and click the vote link again! After that, voting again will either do nothing or just change your vote (I'd rather you try to not do either to make sure everything is correct. Just vote twice and leave it be.)

And sorry about that D-Rock, if this teaser hadn't been delayed for 2 months I'd have given it more time. :(
ImageImageImageImage
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I was tempted to sign up for the role, honestly, but i decided to pass on it mainly because i don't wanna sign-up for too many roles. I might try other quirky roles like this in the future, though. :3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Voting is now over, and it would appear DrGuthrie will be the voice of the teaser animation! We'll begin work to finish the teaser, and release it within the coming days! (Possibly the first of August or sooner) :D
ImageImageImageImage
Czukay

Post by Czukay »

Well, I'm back. I'll join the Discord.
Feel free to call me Czu for short. The games on this forum are pretty neat.
DrGuthrie

Post by DrGuthrie »

THE TEASER TRAILER IS OUT NOW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akQfK31Yqyk
Tarrabyte

Post by Tarrabyte »

Hey, so I wouldn't mind trying out for some VA and sound work. I do somethings in FL studio, if you're still needing an extra sound designer, hit me up here:

fb.com/tarrabyte.tarrabyte
Twitter.com/tarrabyte

soundcloud.com/tarrabyte

Basically everything is Tarrabyte if I can do it.
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

I'm back. Sorry to everyone about the delay and thank you Chaoko for stepping up the way you have. :)
Hello, low order beings!

Community Involvement, peepoll!
Someone wise once wrote:I wish I could ride a magical girl's purple flying unicorn to Narnia through Lebouff's Shire, the land of trololol.
Grout_19

Post by Grout_19 »

I like the first video. Also, I would like to offer assistance in whatever way I can because I've loved the comics for a long time. I am down to voice act. Also, is there any way in the future that the quality will be bumped up to at least 720p? Also not sure if this is useful but I am pretty good at editing audio, like for when musicians record music I can make there voice a little more crisp I guess you'd say (I used to take classes at a music studio). That's basically it, can't wait to see where this project goes.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

The original file was in 720p, but when I put it through my video editor (I use blender cause I'm poor :p) it came out in a pretty low quality. However, I no longer need to edit the videos myself since Kitsune has returned, so they SHOULD export to 720p so long as I'm not the one doing the final editing portion. I'll see if I can figure out what settings to make videos in blender to make sure they're HD when I get my new laptop anyway. :)

Also, if you'd like to help out with audio, speak with Kitsune directly, he's the one in charge of that. Enhancing the audio for a singer may be useful when we get someone to record the theme song. :D
ImageImageImageImage
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

CHAOKOCartoons wrote:The original file was in 720p, but when I put it through my video editor (I use blender cause I'm poor :p) it came out in a pretty low quality. However, I no longer need to edit the videos myself since Kitsune has returned, so they SHOULD export to 720p so long as I'm not the one doing the final editing portion.
Speaking of which, are Bender's projects compatible with Adobe AE CSX?
Hello, low order beings!

Community Involvement, peepoll!
Someone wise once wrote:I wish I could ride a magical girl's purple flying unicorn to Narnia through Lebouff's Shire, the land of trololol.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Not to my knowledge? I've never had to try that so I don't know. We'll figure it out once I get a new laptop I guess. :?
ImageImageImageImage
Czukay

Post by Czukay »

If I'm being completely honest, I think the music sounds kinda cheesy. Other than that it's good, and I mean... If everyone else thinks it's fine, then I'll be fine with it...
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Well, it's a PG slice of life western cartoon so I mean what did you expect :P
To be fair, it's more focused on friendship/love then it is just on the pet's daily lives, which the first Housepets! fan theme did pretty well, but we didn't want to exactly copy said theme. That theme was also PRETTY long, and realistically speaking a theme for an animated series should only be 30secs to a minute, and it's kinda hard to condense the point of Housepets! in just that much time. As it is, I think it pretty much covers the feel of Housepets!. It explains the concept, demonstrates the fun part, covers the darker parts (namely for the King arcs), and then ties it all back together emphasizing on their friendship. The way it's done, different parts could be sung from the perspective of multiple characters as the comic goes on.

Also, it was SUPPOSED to be tweaked and edited by Hlaoroo, but he might still be busy with college stuff. I shoulda figured something was fishy when he gave me a scouts honor without being a scout :P
ImageImageImageImage
Czukay

Post by Czukay »

Yeah, it's fine. I understand that a certain amount of cheesy-ness is required, heh. Sorry about that.