Housepets! Animated! Central Development Thread

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Re: Housepets! Animated! Central Development Thread

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Oh, well I guess I'd still be the one animating then :lol: STILL, that means it's 3 people HELPING on animation at least :D
ImageImageImageImage
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

In light of the teaser animation being literally almost finished, there is now a Housepets! Fanimated email, youtube, twitter, facebook, and google+ account! These accounts will be shared with certain members of the animation team, and if for some reason you think you need to use said accounts, you must ask either Me, Great Kitsune, or Honorable Intentions and include a valid reason for being able to access them. I don't want everyone to have them because I don't want people to leak, mess with anything, or wrongly use said accounts. Only people who actually need to use said accounts should be allowed to access them.

They can be found in these areas:

Email: [email protected]
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4kuF0 ... kFLGPW_D5Q
Twitter: https://twitter.com/HP_Fanimated (@HP_Fanimated)
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Housepets-Fani ... 918339908/
Google +: https://plus.google.com/u/0/101767208252830063422
Last edited by CHAOKOCartoons on Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage
Naro Rivers

Post by Naro Rivers »

Any particular reason why the Facebook one is an account rather than a page?
It's difficult to wear gloves with webbed fingers...

When talking about a character, I often speak in D&D terms.

I'm participating in a forum game! You can find it here:
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Oh, I just realized you can do that :lol: Well now we both have a page AND an account that controls it :P

It's actually good that I did that because now those who can sign into that account can control it instead of just me, unless there was a way for me to assign certain people to use the page in which case WHOOPS! :lol:

This is the actual page, ignore the account :P https://www.facebook.com/Housepets-Fani ... 918339908/
ImageImageImageImage
Naro Rivers

Post by Naro Rivers »

I know you can set admins for groups, but I'm not sure about pages.

CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Alright, I changed the name of the account to prevent confusion. For those who actually saw the account before I switched the link to the page, just ignore that. It's just the control account now.
ImageImageImageImage
snappyfox

Post by snappyfox »

will the banner image eventually be in color/colour ?
Foxes unite!!!!!!
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Yes, that is the art I will be doing on tomorrow's stream. It was meant to be done by this time but unfortunately I had to cancel the stream till tomorrow.
ImageImageImageImage
snappyfox

Post by snappyfox »

ok have fun with that ^^
Foxes unite!!!!!!
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

I'm happy to announce that the animation for the teaser is done!
https://youtu.be/I0lItJrvjvE
It's not technically the final version because A: we may want to add the cow scene or a few other things, B: there's no sound to it, and C: You guys may want some things to be fixed. We can of course just totally roll with this animation as it is since it's the perfect length and begin writing the script for it around what's going on of course, but I want to hear everyone's opinions on it first. :)

So thoughts?
ImageImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

That is brilliant! I love it! I'd love some dialogue and sound effects on there too! It's awesome though!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Sorry I was gone for a bit, passport/immigration issues.
Anyways, the teaser looks GREAT! Really nice job on all of it. I agree with Furrhan, we should try to get at least some music and sound effects on it before going public.
snappyfox

Post by snappyfox »

its so cute
Foxes unite!!!!!!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

The animation is, honestly, really awesome after seeing the trailer. I'm very excited to see this in action someday :3

Regarding the opening theme, though - I'm torn on it. I think the opening theme should have alot less lyrics, but the animation part is perfect. Like the Lyrics stop when Grape shows up, but come back at the end of the animation. Because Grape is serious business :3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I agree, GC. An opening theme should be short and catchy.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

GameCobra wrote:The animation is, honestly, really awesome after seeing the trailer. I'm very excited to see this in action someday :3

Regarding the opening theme, though - I'm torn on it. I think the opening theme should have alot less lyrics, but the animation part is perfect. Like the Lyrics stop when Grape shows up, but come back at the end of the animation. Because Grape is serious business :3
Hlaoroo wrote:I agree, GC. An opening theme should be short and catchy.
No no guys, this isn't the intro animation, this is just a teaser trailer we've been making to bring in new audiences and show what the animation style is like. :lol:
The theme itself is actually only about a minute long. However we can always take the 3rd verse out of the show's version of the song to save time, which would probably cut 15 seconds from the song making it around 45 seconds.
ImageImageImageImage
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Or you could do it like Fresh Prince; first few episodes used a full theme song, then a slightly shortened version would be used for the remainder of the series.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Still, though, the opening theme song that i heard is quite long, but my bad on it being part of the trailer. i figured both lengths nearly matched one another :3
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Well that's understandable. The trailer is a minute long and so is the full song. I'm not sure if you're counting the fact that I sang the theme twice in that recording (the second one being the actual one) but the average length of an opening theme is 30-60 seconds. And now that I think of it, we could probably skip the 4th verse as well which would cut it down to around 30 seconds.

The catchy part we've definitely gone down. I've had to sing that song to myself multiple times and can confirm that it is now constantly stuck in my head :lol: . Unless of course you think otherwise, in which we'd have to change it up some more. Me and Kitsune just need to get down the instrumental, which is stunted a bit with trying to finish this teaser.
ImageImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Hmm...
Having listened to you sing it again and having read the lyrics again I agree. It does have a catchy rhythm when you sing it.
Would you mind if I tweaked the lyrics a little though? It's just some parts (like "sing in tone") don't quite make sense and I think I can improve the rhyming a little in places and just clean the whole thing up a little.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Absolutely! I never said I was perfect at writing songs, heck I was amazed that I got THAT out, you're more than welcome to fix it up a bit :D

Also yeah that sing in tone line was forced as heck. I really didn't know what to put there, which is why I put the (well, some of us) sub text besides it cause I knew that it would not account for 90% of the pets or for that matter work outside of the song :P
ImageImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Heh. Well, you did well with getting the bones down. ^^ Give me a day or two and I'll see what I can do. :)
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Awesome animation, it's really nice and typical of Peanut and Grape. :D Great work! :) Only needs a proper musical theme. ;)
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Just curious - do you plan on just using one opening theme for the whole series? If we ever get into a season thing? I might come up with some lyrics myself :3
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

The way the song is written, as explained earlier, could be adapted to be from the perspective of multiple pairs of the characters, so realistically all we'd need to change is the visuals every season. We could at some point make another song for the series if we still have people willing to sing for us, but as of right now I'm just considering the minimal things we can hope to achieve before getting ahead of ourselves. But if you want to try to write another song that works for a later season, go ahead! Just note that we probably won't focus on working on it until we're sure this series is stable and will make it to whatever season the song is for. :)

As for seasons, the end of every Housepets! year is considered the season finale (or in some cases just around the end of the year so it actually ends somewhere that makes sense) as seen in the main episode list I made. The only reason for the whole "season" thing would be to give us a large break, and if we had to stop for some reason we wouldn't have to just stop on a odd note.
ImageImageImageImage
RedFoxWizard

Post by RedFoxWizard »

Wow, it looks well done! Tomorrow I'll have to try again because for some funny reason Youtube won't let me have the audio to the video. Not sure what it all could be from, but I still think it's really good! :)
Ice and fire magic? Does that result in a freezer-burn?
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

There is no audio to the video, that was just the animation itself.
ImageImageImageImage
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

It's funny how people keep missing that when it's part of the description AND the link text.

Anyway, let's see when I can get up and try out singing it myself. Maybe I'll be ready when the final instrumentals come out.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Yeah, I'm also gonna wait on trying to sing it until I can actually be certain I know what notes are being sung. No offense, Chaoko, but I tried writing out the music, and unless you want some crazy quarter tone stuff, I'll just leave it as unfinished :P
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

...I'm not entirely sure what you just said but okay??? :?
ImageImageImageImage
snappyfox

Post by snappyfox »

haha everyone is in confusion
Foxes unite!!!!!!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

I think what Obbl is talking about is that he was trying to write out the music by ear, which isn't all that easy. For some, having written notes helps in getting the song down. I myself would appreciate written notes, even though music theory was rather weak for me despite being in the varsity choir. Six years with no proper practice also takes a massive toll on that.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Oh, well I mean me and kitsune are gonna be working on the music together so it really doesn't matter. All you have to do is wait for us to eventually make the instumental and then we'll know how it should be sung. The only problem is that I have to learn the music making engine that Kitsune uses and with and I still have to do all the art of the show in the meantime, as well as manage what's going on with the teaser (kitsune is also helping with that). It could be a while before I personally begin assisting with the song, and it'd make sense considering finishing the teaser should come first.
ImageImageImageImage
valerio

Post by valerio »

Watching this at 5.30 and having my day made. This was so awesome, guys. Bravissimi
DrGuthrie

Post by DrGuthrie »

Any new progress?
Naro Rivers

Post by Naro Rivers »

Not that I've seen. As I understand it, Kitsune has been in and out of the hospital and we need either his approval of the teaser or for him to hand the reins to someone else for the time being.

CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

I've asked Kitusne if I should take over until he returns, but he's yet to respond. I may just have to override the question at hand and proceed with things as planned so that we can at least just put the teaser out there for people to see, and begin working on episode 1 and the intro.

Speaking of the intro, someone was editing the lyrics to that right? How's that been going?
ImageImageImageImage
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Well, Kitsune did say in the ToB thread that he would be mostly offline for two weeks due to his current work not having proper internet signal. At the earliest, he'll be back next week, I think.

And it was Hlaoroo who mentioned fixing up the lyrics.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Alright, we'll wait till then, though it is troublesome that this keeps happening. Hopefully not too many more things interrupt this project.
ImageImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Sorry, I got tied up with exams and end of semester stuff.

I'm free now though so I'll have those lyrics by the end of the week! Scouts honour! *does the Scout salute even though he's not a Scout*
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters