Pet Friendly: Yorkshire Fields

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

JOFOXX

Re: Pet Friendly: Yorkshire Fields

Post by JOFOXX »

JOFOXX wrote:Windchimes sighed. "Well, I don't know." He lapsed back into silence, wheeling the double-bass in front of him, gazing sadly at the noisy city they were now walking through. Life just had to be so LOUD and COMPLICATED....
May was quiet for a long time, and the otter fiddled distractedly with her collar as the silence dragged on. Finally, they topped a hill and she could see the street below. Just on the other side, the familiar little music store could be seen, and May recognized Jacob's car parked in the alley. "Cmon!" She called over her shoulder to Windchimes. "It's just down here."

------------------------

Jacob grinned as Aiden started to eat more hungrily, returning to his activities on the counter. "It's good to see you loosening up a bit." He said quietly.
DarkHeartsAndSuch

Post by DarkHeartsAndSuch »

Zander wrote:Maple turned around, a little confused. she frantically looked around. "Wh- what! he was just there!" She turned back to Sunni "Really!"
"Of course he was..." Sunni stood up and held her paw out to help Maple up. "Come on, I think I saw Gary a while ago..."
Kuja wrote:"Why should the world exist without me? That wouldn't be fair. If I die, we all die!"

RP Characters
Zander

Post by Zander »

Maple sighed, takeing Sunni's hand and getting up. "He really was.."
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
Alex

Post by Alex »

ctcmjh wrote:You will not make me feel uncomfortable. But if you prefer not to, then we do not have to walk side by side."
Gary trailed off behind her again, and made sure there's a couple of feet of space between them. Well, I do prefer to have a large circle around me where no-one can enter when I'm like this. I'll make sure to hug you when I'm done showering. - he said, with a grin on his face.
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Marc nodded. "Yup, up in that tree alright. And I guess it is kinda weird, but so whaat! I like pretending to be an angel! What if I actually were one! I'd so like smite ya'll! Marc giggled and dragged Chase with him and looked back at Jake. "You're too big, I can't drag you!" He chuckled and looked up at Leopold in the tree. "Hey Leopold, sorry for uhm... Saying that I'm an angel. You know I'm not, I'm just pretending silly!"
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

"Yeah, ummm, Leopold. Marc can be a bit silly, but it's all in fun! You can come down and meet everyone. I promise no one will ask you if you're a demon or anything, RIGHT MARC? " the corgi said, nudging the fox gently.
Aaron - S 9, P 4, E 8, C 3, I 8, A 7, L 3 (SP)

Chase - S 6, P 8, E 5, C 8, I 6, A 4, L 5 (YsF)
Neko

Post by Neko »

JOFOXX wrote: Jacob grinned as Aiden started to eat more hungrily, returning to his activities on the counter. "It's good to see you loosening up a bit." He said quietly.
Aiden slowed down his eating, looking up as he chewed to watch Jacob. Maybe he isn't so bad either...This stuff is so dry. He finished his mouthful of kibble, his food almost finished, and looked up at Jacob. "Jacob, could I have, uh, some water please?"

--------

Jake followed behind Marc and the Corgi, find Marc to be just a bit strange. I would understand if he was a pup but, he's a grown fox. Though who am I to judge when I have no memories and potentially have no owner... He looked up the tree to the cat, not having anything to add.
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Alex wrote:Gary trailed off behind her again, and made sure there's a couple of feet of space between them. Well, I do prefer to have a large circle around me where no-one can enter when I'm like this. I'll make sure to hug you when I'm done showering. - he said, with a grin on his face.
Yukiko smiled, "Alright, that sounds like a good idea." She said as they approached her house. She lead him up the steps, "Please wait one moment." She told him as she reached into her collar for her key. She unlocked the door and went inside, holding it open for Gary, "Please come inside."
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Jacob cast Aiden a confused look, but then dawned on him that he hadn't given the pup his other bowl. "Oh! Right, sorry." He filled the second bowl with water, setting it down gently as not to spill any. "There ya go!"
Neko

Post by Neko »

"Thanks..." Aiden lapped at the water, noting how nice and fresh it was compared to what he normally drank. This is a lot better then I imagined pet life. Decent food and fresh water... He gulped down a good portion of the water before going back to the kibble.
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Jacob smiled at the pup. After a moment, he stood, and returned to his business with cooking.

-----------------------

Angel hummed a tune to himself as he cleaned up the counter a little. He had already flipped the sign on the door to "OPEN", now there was just waiting until the customers started trickling in. The husky, ducked beneath the counter, adjusting and checking all of the supplies underneath. As he rummaged, his hand bumped soemthing, sending the object clattering to the floor. "Hmm...?" Angel stared at the thing. It was a picture frame, with a group of pets smiling up at him from it. Each had an instrument in there hands as they crowded together, Angel in the middle grinning ear to ear. The husky's eyes scanned the familiar faces, and he sighed, closing his eyes.
Neko

Post by Neko »

Aiden finished the kibble, feeling content. Mmm, pet food isn't as bad as I thought. He drank some more water and stood up, watching Jacob messing with the stove. *Sniff Sniff* Whatever he's cooking smells a lot better then kibble. Oh well, I shouldn't complain. He looked down at his bowls, not sure if he should do anything with them. He shrugged and walked out of the room and into a different one, which he assumed was the bedroom.

Aiden saw a pet bed and a full sized human bed, walking over and sniffing the pet bed. Yep, Angel's bed. Hmmm.... He laid down in the bed, noticing it was a lot bigger then him. Aiden smiled and rolled around in the bed enjoying it's softness. This is comfy...I wonder where my bed is.
LucidDarkness

Post by LucidDarkness »

Leopold rolled his eyes when he heard Marc calling up to him. In a way, he felt obligated to go down, considering he had said he would hang out with him. Unfortunately, his pride was a bit stronger. He was about to call down and tell the fox he would have to come up and get him before he'd come down, but he figured Marc would probably actually try.. Scenerios ran through Leopold's head - all of them ending in pain...

Another voice chimed in words of encouragement after Marc. This one he didn't know. Leopold peeked down and saw what appeared to be a large yellow rat-thing.
'Wait a second... That's a dog! What kind of dog is that?!' Leopold thought. The only kind of dogs he had ever seen were sheep dogs, so he wasn't really knowledgeable on all he different breeds.

"No! I'm not coming down!" Leopold yelled, but not so loudly the whole park could hear. "And I don't want to meet 'Everyone'! You city people are all weirdos!"

Suddenly, Leopold realized what was said. 'Everyone? Who's everyone? I only see two of them, and I already know the dead fox..'
Leopold sniffed the air. Sure enough, he could smell one other animal, but the leaves were blocking his view.. Not to mention he couldn't recognize the scent.... Leopold knew it was probably a bad idea, but his curiosity was driving him crazy.

Leopold began to feel bad about calling them all weirdos... He waited a second longer and then slowly slid to the edge of the branch.
"Okay... I'm coming down......" Leopold called out, his voice sounding almost defeated. Leopold took a deep breath and slipped off the branch, landing gracefully on his feet. He looked up at Marc. "Happy?"

Leopold took a second too look at the new people.. There was Marc... Rat-dog-thing... giant monster dog.... Leopold froze, staring in disbelief at the last one.
"GIANT MONSTER DOG!!" Leopold cried out, his back plastering to the tree. All of his fur poofed on end. "I THOUGHT YOU SAID THERE WAS NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT, FOX!! Please don't eat me, Monster Dog!"

Leopold shielded his face with his arms.
Leopold O'Malley - Yorkshire Feilds
Str 6 | Per 2 | End 6 | Cha 5 | Int 9 | Agl 7 | Luk 8

Louis "Lucid" O'Malley - VerdeGrove
Str 8 | Per 5 | End 7 | Cha 5 | Int 4 | Agl 8 | Luk 5
Neko

Post by Neko »

Jake gave the cat a confused look. Giant monster dog? He looked behind him and surveyed the area, not seeing any other dogs. But I don't see...*ding* Oh, he means me! But I'm not even a dog."

He turned back to the terrified cat, kneeling down so he didn't seem to gigantic. "Hey, calm down. I'm not going to eat you." He held out his hand to the cat, but kept it a good distance away so it didn't seem like he was going to attack. "I'm a wolf by the way, not a dog."
LucidDarkness

Post by LucidDarkness »

Leopold peeked at the monster dog from behind his arms.
"A w-wolf? Wait... I've heard of your type... What was that about wolves I've heard...." Leopold said mostly to himself. He started thinking back on the stories the shepherds all used to tell. Something about wolves.

'Oh yeah. Brutal, demonic, killing machines that used to trick the sheep into going with them and then eat them.. Ireland killed off the last wolf back in the 1700s..'
He thought, his mind working more as a history lesson than as a tool to decipher the information.. Finally, it sunk in. "Eep!"

Leopold lunged for Marc and grabbed the sword from his side (Agl 7), pointing it to the wolf's face. Along with that, he ripped off the demon-repelling charm from around his neck and started waving around.
"BACK, DEMON!" Leopold called out sternly. He shot a sideways glare at Marc. "Of course, the one times there is ACTUALLY a demon, you do nothing!!"

Leopold couldn't help but be trembling slightly as he held the plastic sword out offensively. A plastic sword and a old-man's necklace against a huge, tricky beast of the underworld... Leopold was doomed.

FunkyChickenFace

Post by FunkyChickenFace »

JOFOXX wrote:
JOFOXX wrote:Windchimes sighed. "Well, I don't know." He lapsed back into silence, wheeling the double-bass in front of him, gazing sadly at the noisy city they were now walking through. Life just had to be so LOUD and COMPLICATED....
May was quiet for a long time, and the otter fiddled distractedly with her collar as the silence dragged on. Finally, they topped a hill and she could see the street below. Just on the other side, the familiar little music store could be seen, and May recognized Jacob's car parked in the alley. "Cmon!" She called over her shoulder to Windchimes. "It's just down here."
Windchimes smiled brightly, moving slightly faster to get to the now visible music store more quickly. Ah, sweet refuge from the noise and stench, I come hither to thee!
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Marc smiled when Leopold got down from the tree, but his reactions to Jake was not what he suspected. "Woah woah, calm down Leopold! He's not going to harm you, I promise. And he's not a demon." He said as he jumped on Jake's back and rested his head on Jake's. "See? He's not dangerous, now are you Jake?" Marc giggled. "Now give me my sword back please!"
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

May smirked at Windchimes' enthusiasm, and, when they reached it, opened the door to lead the cat inside. The door caused a ringing to echoo through the store, and May stepped inside. "Hello?"

Angel sighed again, setting the picture back on the shelf. He stared at it for a moment, eyes sad. Suddenly, the bell on the front door rang, and he heard a voice. Angel jumped up quickly, but cracked his head against the bottom of the counter. Craddling his skull, the husky rose cautiously up to look at the newcomers. "O-Oh! Hello May! What brings you here?" He smiled kindly at the otter girl, eyes traveling between her and the cat.
Alex

Post by Alex »

ctcmjh wrote:Please come inside.
Gary stepped behind Yukiko, and entered the house, standing in the lobby. He looked around, looking for the bathroom, and food. Despite his hunger, the shower had to come first. No-one could eat with such a smell around them.
You don't have to talk formally, Yuko. Now... where's the bathroom?
Richarson Valley

FunkyChickenFace

Windchimes smiled widely, eyes crinkling shut again. Funny husky was funny!
"Hi!" greeted Windchimes. He glanced at May, wondering if she was gonna say anything.
Neko

Post by Neko »

Tobee wrote:Marc smiled when Leopold got down from the tree, but his reactions to Jake was not what he suspected. "Woah woah, calm down Leopold! He's not going to harm you, I promise. And he's not a demon." He said as he jumped on Jake's back and rested his head on Jake's. "See? He's not dangerous, now are you Jake?" Marc giggled. "Now give me my sword back please!"
Jake kept still when the sword was pointed at him. It was only a simple plastic sword but he didn't want to make the situation any worse by pushing it away or moving. Suddenly the fox climbed onto his back and he could feel him resting his head on top of his own.

He smiled at Leopold, feeling a bit strange with a fox on him. He eyed the sword and the charm. "Calm down, I'm not going to eat you and I'm not a demon."

-------------

Aiden was just leaving the bedroom when he heard the same 'ding' from earlier and new voices coming from down stairs. I wonder who that is, more customers maybe? He decided to take a look and slowly descended down the stairs and stopped at the door that was slightly open. Peaking out and listening at the newcomers.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Alex wrote:Gary stepped behind Yukiko, and entered the house, standing in the lobby. He looked around, looking for the bathroom, and food. Despite his hunger, the shower had to come first. No-one could eat with such a smell around them.
You don't have to talk formally, Yuko. Now... where's the bathroom?
"It is alright. I have always spoken this way. It is more comfortable for me to talk formally, rather than casually." She said, smiling at the nickname, "The bathroom is up the stairs, and the second door on your right." She said.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Gary climbed the stairs, and entered the second door to the right, finding himself in the bathroom. He climbed in the shower, and closed the glass door behind him. How to use a shower again? Well, there was no need to call Yukiko for this. It's not the theory of relativity, after all. Without realizing what he's doing, Gary turned the cold water on. Seconds later, his whole body was splashed with freezing water.
AAAAAAAAARGHHH!!! - he screamed, while turning the water off again. Seems like it wasn't a bad idea to call Yukiko, after all....
Richarson Valley

LucidDarkness

Post by LucidDarkness »

Leopold grimmaced. Appearently, the demon had already used its evil magic on the others. Slowly, Leopold lowered the sword.. It wouldn't do him any good anyway.

"Y-yeah.. Sure..." Leopold said nervously. He pulled the paw that held the anti-demon charm behind his back and appeared to be relaxing his stance. Despite lowering his - well, Marc's - weapon, Leopold kept a close eye on the wolf for any sudden movement. He didn't trust this Jake guy, but he might as well go along with it for now.

'Maybe this pendant isn't all a myth after-all.. I mean, they all seem to be under his power...' Leopold thought, holding the necklace close to him. Finally, he offered the sword back to Marc.

"S-sorry about that Fox.." Leopold appologized, holding out the sword for Marc to take. 'Might as well give him some defense for when the wolf gets hungry..'

Leopold took his eyes off of the wolf for just long enough to look around the group.
"Fox, Jake, and.. erm... friend." He said, nodding to each person in the group respectedly. His direction ended on the small, yellow dog to whom he hadn't yet been introduced. Feeling awkward, Leopold quickly turned his view back to the other two.
"I'm sure he's told you, but I'm Leopold. Uhhm.. pleased to meet you." He spoke, motioning to Marcfor the first part. The last bit seemed to be forced out between clenched teeth.

'I swear, if I live to get back home I'm locking myself in my room and not coming out for the rest of my life.'

Aaron

Post by Aaron »

"I'm Chase. I was actually just walking through the park, headed home. I heard someone yelling and figured Marc was in the middle of it." the corgi said, nodding and smiling. "I guess you're new around here, then?"

The corgi noticed Leopold's tense speech and appearance, and told him "Don't worry about the wolf. He's friendly. If he weren't, we'd all be in deep trouble by now. He's big enough to do whatever he wants, so if he's still standing with us and talking, chances are we have nothing to worry about. To be honest, I'd be more worried about Marc." Chase said, laughing.
Aaron - S 9, P 4, E 8, C 3, I 8, A 7, L 3 (SP)

Chase - S 6, P 8, E 5, C 8, I 6, A 4, L 5 (YsF)
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Marc climbed over Jake's head, hopped off and took his sword. He holstered it and stood next to Leopold, facing Jake and Chase and put his arm around his shoulder. "See, nothin' to worry about. Now stop being such a scaredycat and lets do something!" Marc initiated as he looked at Chase and gave a playful growl. "Now hush you, ya don't need to worry about me! I'm perfectly normal... Almost." Marc giggled.
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

May smiled, walking forward to the counter. "Heya, Angel!" She braced an arm on teh countertop. "I'm not really here for anything, I just brought my new friend to check out the store. He's a musician too!" May pointed back at Windchimes as she spoke, and Angel beamed at the cat. "That's great!" He siad, tilting his head slightly. "What do you play?" The husky eyed the case Windchimes had.
FunkyChickenFace

"Double bass. Do you play?" asked Windchimes, tapping on the case as he said so. He looked around the store surreptitiously. It seemed well stocked and was very quiet, silenced as it was from the outside world, as a music store ought to be.
Neko

Post by Neko »

Aiden opened the door more so he could poke his head out. Angel plays music? His owner does own a music store. Hmm, a cat and a...what is that? Looks like a weasel, but kinda different...

--------

Jake stood back up after the fox had gotten off of him. He certainly is very friendly and outgoing. He smiled weakly down at the 3 pets. "Well if everything's settled I'm gonna go." He turned to walk away. I need to find someone that knows me. Though my hopes are quickly fading...
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Angel's eyes lit up slightly. "Oh! Nice instrument! Never played it myself, but one of the member's of-" He stopped. "Er... someone I knew... played one..." Angel shuffled his feet awkwardly, flashing a sheepish grin at the cat. "So... er, what can I help you with? I'm Angel by the way."

May flashed a look at the husky. She was about to open her mouth to say something when she saw a movement near the counter. She peeked her head over to see a German Shepard pup peering at them. A huge grin slid across her face and she dropped to a crouch while the other two were distracted, crawling toward the pup. "Hey, little guy! You must be that new pet Jacob was supposed to be getting today!"
FunkyChickenFace

Windchimes completely ignored the new guy.

"So you're Angel, huh?" he asked, face descending into a "-_-" look. "May's told me about you. Why so sad?"
Neko

Post by Neko »

Aiden froze as the weasel thing approached him in an attacking position. Oh no, it's going to attack. Uh, what do I do?Why can't I think?! Aiden tensed up and slowly moved back a bit.
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Angel gave the cat a surprised look. "I- Ah... sad? I-I dunno..." He tilted his head again. "I... don't think I'm... sad?"

May looked curiously at the pup, relaxing her muscles to lean back on her haunches. "Hmm?" She made a confused sound. "What's wrong, little guy? I'm not gonna hurt you."
FunkyChickenFace

"May said you'd stopped playing your own music after your band broke up. So, I guess I meant, WHY have you stopped playing music you and your friends made?"
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Marc smiled back and giggled before thinking for a bit. "If you're hungry or anything Jake, you could visit Just like Heaven, dads restaurant! Just tell him I sent you, 'kay?" Marc said and pointed towards the direction of the restaurant.
Neko

Post by Neko »

Aiden dropped to all fours, having his head barely peek around the corner. He watched the weasel-thing carefully for any sudden movement. "Then what do you want?"

-------------

Jake turned back around. Well I am kinda hungry...But that can wait for later. I have more important things to do right now. He smiled and waved. "Thanks, maybe I'll stop in later. See ya." Jake turned and started walking away.
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Angel's face drooped, and he looked slightly agitated. "May seems to have been saying a lot." He grumbled, glaring in the direction the otter girl had disappeared. The husky gave the cat a suspicious look. "Why do you want to know...? Who are you anyway?"

May giggled at the pup. "I just wanted to say 'Hi'!" She grinned. "I'm friend of Angel's. Name's May!"
FunkyChickenFace

"Competition. And someone who would prefer his competitors didn't drop their own music after their careers ended."
Neko

Post by Neko »

Aiden watched the weasel carefully, not moving from his current position. Angel's friend? He decided to be a bit friendlier, she was Angel's friend after-all. "Oh...I'm Aiden."
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Angel studied the cat for a moment. "Well... you seem to know a lot about my career... but how could I be competition if I don't play my music anymore. As you said." The husky thrummed a hand on te countertop in agitation.

May's smiled brightened at Aiden. "Nice to meet you Aiden! Cute name." She crossed her legs and blinked at the pup. "So... you've only been here for a little while, huh?"